(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

mummies
fruitee got some clothings leh..baby one lah...hmm..she will post some pics up next week ..so mummies interested..pls wait patiently for her pics or can arrange to view the clothings...thank u...
 


Hi blessings,

My ger fidgets a lot in the middle of the nite and sometimes she whines too. So have to pat pat her. But in general, she will have her last feed at around 9pm ..and will wake up for the next feed at around 5am.

I read that keeping to the same routine for bb during the day is important to let the bb keep to the same sleep pattern. Dunno how true is that.
 
Yenny, hong, dsii,

I realised baby boys wake up at night for feeds!!!??? maybe this is generalising but baby girls here seem to sleep thru....hmmm....

May,
I also think that it is true abt baby routine....but then like what hong said, take baby's cues. At first, I thought feeding enough during the daytime, he will sleep better and longer at night...but not the case.
 
My baby also wake up for night feed. Last night wake up at 2 am, gave him water and he fell asleep after sipping some. Wake up again at 4 am - this time won't give up until he is given some milk.....

Shining - I started my baby on Frisocream. Planning to start to give him porridge when he officially turn 6 mth.
 
blessings,
not true lah cos my ger also wake up in the nite till 1yr++ then she manage to sleep thru. hahaha..

I ever try not feeding him milk n just give him water but he end up bawling. I guess he is really hungry, no point make the poor bb starve.
 
hi gals...

aiyoh, talk abt nite wakes...
my boy have been waking up every hr for the past 2 nites..

dunno wat's wrong with him.

I started changing his milk to stage 2 enfapro.
will it be a case of "dun match"
or like my colleague says : Teething?

I fainting soon...
 
i use to latch bb for nite wakes.

but these 2 days, i started feedin him water instead. he will fall asleep again after a few suck. but... will wake up again after awhile.
so this continues whole nite.

is it becos he is hungry?
so usu, u mummies will make milk for bb when wake up at nite? prepare how many ml? usual amt?
 
Hong,
really? your ger ger only sleeps thru when she turned 1 yr old! Wah, if that is the case for Ryan, then I think my dark circles will be very very dark by then.

Julie,
you are right. sometimes I have the urge to just give Ryan wayer but then he will wake up again shortly so I thought might as well give him his milk so that he and I can sleep longer.

mtdt,
maybe he is in his growth spurt stage? I read babies in their 6 months will start to drink alot cos they have become more active. Yes, as for me, I make milk for Ryan, not water (unless it is within 1 hour after his feed). I give his usual amount or more, not less cos if give lesser, then he will likely to wake up again shortly.
 
me will wake up and make milk...water he reject and cry even louder...so normally will feed milk loh..then prepare usual amt...can finished all but at times too tired to drink finish so will left a bit
 
Hmm.. I also have to make milk. Now supply dropped till quite low.. Like last nite, tried to nurse her but she suck for so long (20 mins) n still going strong. I buay tahan & nodding off already.. ask hubby to make milk n feed her.. In the end, I think she drank the whole 4 oz n zZz easily back.
 
Mummies, my girl is also not sleeping through the nite. She wakes up for milk feeds. I latch her on.

For the past few nites, she woke up looking for her pacifier very often. Hubby and I can't take it liao and last nite, put her in sarong to sleep. Woke up 3 times which is so much better. That gave us some rest. Phew.

joykel, hope your son gets well soon.

Shining, I will be giving my girl Heinz rice cereal for a start. Will start giving her porridge probably when she is 7 months plus, depending on how she progress.
 
re: bb's sleeping pattern

i read in a book b4 dat babies are like adults, since we also fidget, change position n wake up sometimes in d middle of d nite, babies too. it's just dat we know how to get back to sleep easily but some babies dun, they will have to gradually learn

my bb sleeps thru d night but her problem is needs A LOT of coaxing to put her to bed every night, it's always constant rocking/patting n latching,very tiring also...sigh
 
Hi Blessings,
Would be best to have a 4-day period before introducing new food to bb. This is to prevent allergies. I've not given my gal anything new after giving her potato & carrot soup on Wed. Will wait till Sun then try other new food.

My gal also flip a lot in her cot. Like a mini-circus. Bean Sprout pillow doesn't help cos it's light. My gal likes to cuddle/suckle her bean sprout pillow to sleep though. Mayb can put 2 bolsters at both sides to prevent ur bb turning?
 
Z-lia,
U mean ur gal can sit up on her own now? Without support?

Hi Hong,
Do u know which manual food processor is better? I haven't decide wat fruits & vegs to give yet. Probably will start with apple & banana for fruits. Thx for the advise on the veg. Will try spinach 1st. Will not add them in porridge though. Cos want my gal to get used to the real taste of the fruits & vegs 1st.
 
YB
4 days? meaning take the same food for 4 days then try new one...? or eg take carrot on monday... then stop..thurs then take potato???
 
Hi blessing,
We dun have much bb gals in July thread leh...where u hear it from?

Hi OC,
Thought u've trained ur gal to go to sleep alone last time? Mayb u wanna try again? Babies are very clever. They always want the easy way out. So if u continue to pat & rock her to sleep, she will have a harder time going back to sleep alone next time.

For example, when my gal spent 2 nites at my parents' plc last week, she's so used to having my mum pat her to sleep that when she came back hm, I have a hard time letting her sleep on her own. She kept crying & fussing during bedtime. Took me about 2 days to correct her back again.
 
blessings, you are right. Guess if he want to drink, let him drink. My baby seem to drink more during night feed.

Growth spurt stage - no wonder sometimes he drink one full bottle at 8 pm, then can finish another at 10pm, wake up again at 2am for another one.

My baby don't move a lot when he sleep. Sometimes i have to go real near to make sure he is still breathing........
 
I jus bot the bruan food hand blender. Quite ex leh. cost me 58 bucks. must make sure i use. think will make sweet potato for xavier tmr.

I gave Xavier 120ml of milk for nite feed(60ml less than normal feed). I wan to cut down his nite feed gradually hoping that in the end he will be trained to stop waking up for nite feed.
 
dsii...

means if monday feed carrot... tues, wed & Thurs also feed carrot. friday then intro new food
then then by next tues, can intro another food.
together with carrot n potato (as already tested tat it's safe)
 
actually my colleagues told me... they dun need nite feed now. so can feed water.

after a few nites, they will learn tat there is no incentive to wake up as there will be no milk. then they will sleep thru. :p
 
Hi dsii,
Meaning take the same food for 4 days, then another food after the 4th day. But me lazy lah, so I didn't keep cooking the potato & carrot soup for my gal...hee..hee...
 
Hi Julie,
Ur bb deep sleeper issit? Tat's y doesn't move much during sleep.

I hang some toys around the crib so that when my gal wakes up in the middle of nite or during her nap, she has something to see/play. Then won't keep crying for attention.
 
Hi MTDT,
Last time I also feed my gal water when she wakes up in the middle of the night. Or sometimes, I just pat her back to sleep without giving her anything. Slowly, she's used to the fact that she can't drink at night then she dun wake up liao...
 
Hi mummies,
I'm thinking of putting my gal back to sleep alone in her cot in the nursery room. Cos dun wan her to be too used to having to sleep wif adults. Hope she can b more independent. Anyway, she sleeps thru the night & flip & turn in her sleep without any prob liao.
 
Hi yenny,
Do u have any pix of the Bruan Food Blender? Wanna take a look.
happy.gif
 
YB,
Yup, know abt the 4 days interval. I give Ryan HT brown rice plus carrot jar food. Just that my mum used fresh potato and carrot into porridge. Today add fish plus carrot...so the new thing today is fish.

Feeding water during nite feed:
this really depends on individual babies. Ryan will drink water but about an hour later, wake up again...so I think it is better to give him milk cos he is hungry not thirsty.
 
hong,

just gave kevin meds,didnt vomit.i think for the past 2 days he was 2 sick n doesnt like the taste of the meds.

my boy seldom wakes up for night feed.if he does,i'll give him 180ml of milk(usu feed).
 
Kloe,
I jus bot the healthy time brown rice cereal for my ger to try this wk end. It's organic rice cereal. last time I give my boi the normal nestel rice cereal but think cos of that he tend to get stomach flu easily
 
Talking about blender, I have one at home. Forgot the brand. Have not tried using it to blend food before. Will check it out soon... if doesn't "work" that well, might consider braun... hee

shining, I also have healthy times brown rice cereal on hand. Will let my bb try white rice cereal first before proceeding to brown rice. Have the impression brown rice is harder to digest.
 
Yenny, YB,
I got this http://www.braun.com/global/products/fooddrink/foodpreparation/handprocessors/mr4000.html
when i have my ger.

I used it more for my own need, like making chili paste etc.

YB,
there is another brand call Munch - i hope i get it right. It ha a handle that turn but i dun know the review of it.

Blessings,
Dun worry ur body will get use to the nite feed. hahaha.. quite true leh.. after a while i am so use to it i dun feel that tired.

However, the cycle started again and my body got to adjust to it.
Somemore i am a weekend parents so takes longer to adjust.

Joykel,
i gave my boy the usual feed. 150ml, he cant take more, so no point giving him so much. I ever try 180ml and occassional he will finish them but he still wake up after 3hr. arghhh..
so i think his body clock have alredy set to RING after 3 hrs.
 
Hong
I bot the mr400 cos i dun cook. so no point buying since i only use it to blend baby food.

blessings
so ex so must use. I hope i will be hardworking enuf to use it.

YB
yeah, 3 detachable heads - for chopping, whipping and blending. I bot it at best denki but i think all major electrical shop will sell. mine is the mid range one, there's one with only the blending head which cost 39bucks.
 
mummies..do we need to blend the vegetable or meat first before cook with porriage? if not blender use to blend wat har? i like so sotong..haha!
 
zita
wat i do is i cut the fish into small pcs, meat into bigger pcs. When cooked, the fish will disintegrate by itself and when i scoop up the porridge i will leave out the meat in the pot. I just use the meat for its favour, i won't feed baby the meat. For vegetable, better to blend it lor. use zhen zhu rice when cooking porridge, it's finer.
 
Hi mummies,

Night wakes - Baby E last feed is around 11 plus, after which he will sleep thru but sometimes he will wake up but I give him pacifier and he will fall asleep again.

Blender - I think I just boil the food til soft and then mash it with spoon or something and feed. So no need blender? Dont know can work or not, so far, I just give cereal and jar food. Baby E doenst seems to like jar food think it's because it taste sour...?

Fruitee - Look forward to those pics.

Hong - Envious abt Julian's intake. Baby E's back to the same after his jab and everything.

He's having fever now. Highest temp 38.8 ~ Sigh. So cranky.
 
I must be a very "sua gu" mother.. use the blender to blend what type of food huh for baby?? I thought cereal or cook potato or carrot can already...
Seems like alot of knowledge on types of food to give baby
 
wah..now so hi-tech leh...last time i never use blender too leh...hehehee...just use knife or chopper to prepare all food for isaac..hehehe...hmm....
 
PM
Emerson having fever ah? he just had his jab?? hope he recovers soon...wah he looks like a future ceo driving his mercedes benz...
happy.gif


i also tried giving Gillian a jar of organic pureed apple but everytime she will give me dat kind of disgusted look then dun wan, tried blending into cereal also same. ya i also think it tastes a bit sour
 
PM, I tink fast is 30min, if not 1 to 2 hr to download a folder...if u inside sms i can try to forward u those that i had downloaded...

so cute, emerson seem to enjoy veri much

Yenny, what is zhen zhu rice? where to buy?

regarding sleeping time..she sleep through 8hr, need to wake up to feed her around 5 or 6am
 


Hi there,
I'm new to this forum and I would like to get to know other mums. I have enjoyed reading the friendly exchanges and am glad I'm not the only one with a baby who still doesn't sleep through. ;-) It seems almost 'wrong' or 'unsuccesful' what with the numerous articles and books stating that by 6 months a baby should be sleeping through and doesn't need night feeds. My little fella is genuinely hungry at night and diluting his feeds (he doesn't accept water) only leads to him asking for more frequent feeds, which is less sleep for me. He is determined and will still meet his night milk quota one way or the other. ;-)
I'm only joining now as I've been living in the UK and will only be moving back to Spore in a few weeks. Is there anyone living in the Serangoon Gardens area? That's where we'll be putting up and I'm wondering if anyone would like to meet up now and then.... a casual playgroup of sorts. ;-)
 

Back
Top