(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB


PM,
thanks for organising the gathering.

really enjoyed meeting all of you today...mummies,babies n daddies.will love to meet up with u all again.

Happy holidays n Happy new year to everyone!
 
PM, your house is very nice. haha. next time must ask u about reno.
Nice meeting up with all the mummies today.

Just came back from wedding dinner. So full. Good food @ Intercontinental hotel.
 
Hi mummies,

Same here, I really enjoy my time with u all.. It's so fun to chat around and see each other, can u all imagine we all were "internet friends" and started off just by typing "hi"?

Sorry if the food seems so little, I didnt have time to buy them, so I just went downstairs in the morning. Light bulbs in the toilet blew and I had to go shopping for one suitable one.

JP - Thanks for the box elairs. They are very nice and U're really superB.

Lok - Thank you for the Merci Chocolates.

MTDT - THanks for yr elairs too

NOIF - So sorry for the "Accident" Hopefully yr ger is ok after I gave her some chocolates. Heehee. U look really sweet.

Z-lia - No need to ask me abt reno, must ask hubby. UR hubby, coz I believe he's the one whose coming out with the $ hahaha.

YB - Dont forget to come by to get yr toothpaste. Hehehe, Steph came very much later.

Dsii - Thank u for helping me to organise, ahaha Heng u come early arh.. else I dont know who is who.

Lucida/ Joykel - Yr BBs seem to grow much bigger compare to the first time i saw u at Hong's place.

Lala - Nice meeting u today, our first meeting. Hope to see u next mth too!

OC - Miss chatting online with u. hehe Yr hubby really good with kids. Hopefully u can be a superwoman, conquer all housework and take care of BB gillian and have time to online too!

Hope I didnt miss anyone out!

The rest of the mummies who cant make it today, no worries, coz there will be more gatherings to come. Pls show us yr "Ru Shan Zhen Mian Mu"
 
nice meeting the mummies..and hor..oso some 'new faces' ...hehe,,,

PM
ya loh...to think we are just chatting using fingers....to type..but now...when get together..we are like old pals manz...so coolzzzz...maybe next time when bb is older..we can even go shoppijng or hi tea together!!!.hehehe....gd idea hor?

JP...
u are really very gd leh...lucky my hb not ard...if not he sure nag at me ..hahaha...cos i dunno how to cook mah...cook porridge oso can cook till the pot become black...wahahhaa...remember the receipes hor???
 
REcalled someone took video of the gathering. Appreciate if you can post the video clips here so that I put the video in my baby blog and show to my hubby too. Thanks!
 
lucida
i took ..i trie to post it up but hor...like distorted leh..dunno what's wrong leh..will tryt o figure out..but YB also took video...she'll will sure post up soon...hehehe..u wait patiently
 
PM, think i'll have to fork out for the reno also ba.. cos he's been asking me to save money, though i think the amount i fork out would prb only be enough to reno 1 room. haha. then he'll have to do the rest.
 
PM,
Thanks for organising the gathering, ur house really nice...love it! So cosy...the reno really moderm lo! Really envy envy man...

My ger ah! Dont worry...she is oki...but her forehead got a baluku liao! haha!

She even told me "Mummy, my forehead got ball ball leh" X_____x Faint! :p

Thanks for the compliments.

Dsiitan,
Nice to meet u..finally see ur "Ru Shan Zhen Mian Mu" haha!

MTDT,
I can recognize ur son..heehee! So saw him know the mummy is who liao! :p

OC, Lucida,YB, Lok,
Nice to meet u and the babies...

JP, Z-lia,Joykel, Lala,
Actually still very confusing, dont know who is who..but anyway...nice to meet all of u and the babies too..

Dsiitan,
Can tell us who is who in the pic bo? :p

Mummies,
I uploaded the pics and video le...u can PM me and i forward to u k?

Got mummies face and look pretty clear so paiseh post here..

Unless u all dont mind then I shall post it up??
 
Hi PM,
Thx for offering ur hse for the gathering. Sorry to make a mess in ur new hse..hee..hee...like ur deco. Very sleek & modern. Doesn't look like got a bb living in the hse, though. Mayb next time bb E grow up, have to paste sticker on all ur glass walls/doors so he doesn't walk thru them.hee..hee..Ur hse very near to my mum's plc at Buangkok. Mayb next time can meet u for coffee...Will collect the First Teeth from ur hse next time!

Hi Steph,
Sorry to trouble u to bring my First Teeth all the way to PM's hse. I left the gathering early cos got MJ session..hee..hee..played at friend's hse till wee hrs in the morn. Bb Kaylyn slept thru-out at my friend's hse. Let me know the shipping charges soon, ya?

Hi MTDT,
Didn't know ur hubby & my hubby are NS-mates!! Guess everyone put on weight already huh? Next gathering at ur plc?

Hi NOIF,
Can post the link in the forum? Else, I think ur email will be flooded with all our requests to view the pix & video. Haa...haa...

Hi Mummies,
Good to see everyone at the gathering! Some familiar faces, some new faces. But ALL mummies look so pretty! Guess we July mummies are all modern & up to fashion hor...

As usual, here's the link to the video..didn't take much though cos I left early.

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3058372400071033077
 
Ok! Here is the link...didn't take much hor...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fionau

Pics to share
631830.jpg

631831.jpg

631832.jpg

631833.jpg
 
Hi Mummies, advance Happy 2007.

My husband and brother in law just went out to countdown. Thinking back, I used to be out every yr during this time, till I had the kids. But well, i'm fine with this arrangement also.

And my poor MIL is ill. Having sore throat, cough and vomitting. Sigh. And she still has to help me with one of the twins cos it's only the 2 of us at home tonight.

Okay... May 2007 be a wonderful yr for all of us! May i get more increment, more bonus. Hahahahahahah.
 
Hi Mummies,
Just an info...Extracted from babycenter.com

What do "percentiles" mean?
Your baby's doctor will tell you that your baby ranks at a specific percentile on a growth chart. It's a way of comparing your baby with the full spectrum of babies. So if your baby is in the 25th percentile for weight, for example, this means that 25 percent of babies the same age and gender in the United States weigh less and 75 percent weigh more.
 
PM - Thanks for opening your home to us all!!! Love the look of your home, man!!!! Macam condo and very vogue. Thanks for the hospitality too!!!

To all the mommies and babies attended the gathering, it was wonderful to meet you all once again. Me seldom post here these days...so busy coz Garrick is a handful but I will not have it any other way...ha!ha!ha!...my bao pei mah!

OK...to the mommies who wanted the box eclairs (the old fashion type)...here's the recipe:
This is the lazy way...

Ingredients:
2 boxes instant pudding (can get from NTUC,I prefer the choc pudding)
2 cups milk
1 box cream crackers

Method:
Line bottom of a baking pan with crackers (whole), some prefer to crush them.
Mix the pudding (please follow the instruction at the back of the box) and mixed with milk. Whipped till thick.
Spread 1/2 of pudding over the layer of graham crackers. Add another layer of crackers. Pour in the rest of the pudding and spread. Top this with another layer of graham crackers.
Then, put it into the freezer and voila!...you can feast after it hardens.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007!!!
As the new year dawns
may it open up more opportunities
and lead all of you onto the path of continuous success, happiness, prosperity and good health!!!
 
Dear Mummies,

Hereby Wishing All of You All the Best for The Year of 2007.

Sorry, couldn't be at the gathering as I was working.

Let me know when the nxt gathering is, I will try my best to be there!

Love,

MiCh
 
Anyways,

I jus started Xaria with cereal and bottle food and She loves it!

She now got a big botak patch at the back of her head.

She sometimes flip, sometimes dun. Jsu weigh her the other day when she took her 5th month injection and she weighs 7.2kg.

Shes now very cute and she mumble sometimes like mama the other day, hear liao my heart melt!

Can't wait to see her crawl. But now hor, she likes to be carried all the time, put her down for awhile make so much noise. Den i realise she likes music alot as my mum's place got a organ keyboard and she enjoy beating the keyboard, haha, not playing.
 
Hi sorry couldn't make it for the gathering... was busy running errands... PM, ur home is really modern and nice...

Hahahh ur open house is really open loh.. ppl walk in and take ur things u won't know also.. hehehe door wide opened...

Think I'm like the odd one out... lol.. not modern nor fashionable one.. lol... those whom saw me that day will know... I very basic one..

Anyway, will try to make it if there is another outing..
 
Mich..wow yr gal 7.2kg : ) my gal from 4mth to 6mth only increase 300gram..now is 6.3kg : ( so sad : )

mummy izit first few feed of porriage they will reject? what should i do? Will they forever dont eat? My gal veri selective in eating..dont like can food n fruits..try so many time all throw out: ( veri jialat
 
I'm starting solid and not sure how much to feed for one feeding. Now I only feed abit of cereal and then continue with giving milk. I do this once a day only. Am I suppose to replace one meal with full solid (as in cereal) instead of mixing? But I dun know how much is enough for one feeding leh. Advice please. Thanks
 
Lucida,

For cereal i feed half a bowl, (120ml water cook with 1 scoop eys cereal then add 1 scoop milk powder)... did not replace 1 feed but extend the milk intake time...
e.g milk at 10am, cereal at 12pm..then milk at 2pm...!

Giving her 2 feed a day..!

Replacement muz take place slowly blah : )
 
Hello mummies, Happy New Year! Saw the photos and video taken at the gathering... so fun... hope the next gathering, we can come along.

dsiitan, my MIL suddenly had heahache and felt dizzy on Fri night then comes Sat morning, she was admitted to hospital cos still feeling unwell. She was diagnosed with high blood pressure and mild case of diabetes. Now still in hospital cos' she still see double vision... hope she recovers soon.
 
hi mommies
so sorry, couldn't make it to the gathering. U all really enjoyed yourselves huh! Will try to make it for the next one.

zita
it's good tat ur gal likes plain water. Plain water is the best.

My boy down wif runny nose. he so cham, cannot sleep well at nite. Luckily, appetite not affected. Me lah, itchy backside, brot him to the beach last sunday and i think the wind make him catch a cold. I feel so guilty now. But he really like it at the beach.

Tmr start work liao after a super long break. Sian ah! I looking forward to xavier learning to sit and crawl, then no need to carry him all the time. Now he very attached to me. My mum said he see me like a bee sees honey. Hmmm, hopes he doesn't become a mommy's boy. A boy should be more independent.
 
zita,
dun worry. Must be patience when introduce solid to them, dun rush into it. Infact we shld all start the plain solid food as possible.

Gd that she like plain water.

Mummies,
Julian started crawling but sometime too kam cheong and he will flip and face up. I have started to switch his milk from step 1 to step 2.
 
Hi Hong, regarding switching FM to step 2, we don't have to wait for baby to turn 6 months to do that? My tin of step 1 FM is finishing and I am wondering whether to buy step 1 or 2 FM. My girl turns 6 months on the 10th Jan. Thanks for advice!
 
Kloe
My son oso turns 6 mths on 10th Jan. Actually I already started him on the follow on 2 weeks ago cos my step 1 powder ran out and i had the follow on on hand so i let him drink tat. I think shld be ok bah...
 
Hi everybody, my baby is born 31 July, that should make me July mummy right? So thought maybe mummies here can share with me? My BB just finished his 5 in 1 jab + Hep B and my PD asked if we are interested in penumococcal jab. 3 jabs in total,every two month. Any mummy tried this? Appreciate your inputs.
 
Hong,

What is plain soild food?

Hi julie,

I will start my gal wif penumococcal jab when she turn 2..then is 1 jab : ) unless lots of contact wif other toddler or else i dont tink is nesscary till they go playgroup or childcare : ) but i give her rotavirus : )

Hong n yenny, PD ask me give her some juice cause abit constipation cause she reject eating all kinds of fruits..making me headache...she only like eys brownrice cereal (other brand reject) n milk n plain water...tink like mummy choosy eater #%*#&*

Hong, crawling so fast...btw can let them crawl on floor?

Kloe..from step 1 to 2, u have to mixed slowly from 6mth onward to convert them! PD n abbott consultant advise me , upon 6mth step 1 and 2 mixed till u finish the step 1 : ) reason is diff content e.g more iron etc, taste diff bb might reject n afraid of allergic
 
Julie,
welcome..
My PD never mention so i din let Julian has it.

Zita,
sorry bland food like white rice, potatoes, etc. Those that do not contact strong flavour.

Have u try papaya? How abt banana? She doesnt like? Dun give up after 1st try, shld try a few more times. Brown rice can be heaty, so dun give too much.

I let Julian crawl on the mat lor. I dun dare to let him crawl on the floor cos he will flip and turn if he pushed too hard. I realised he crawled faster on the bed. One and 2 push and he managed to reach the thing we placed.

kloe,
is ok. U can follow the step that Zita mention.
As for Julian, i am switching him from Mamil to Enfalac cos i have some sample tins from relative. We realised he dun release gas to much when he took enfalac.
 
Hello Mummies....
I gave my boy rice cereal ( Frisocrem for 4 mth ).. then when he know how to open mouth when the spoon come I switch to prorridge. Some time lazy just give him Neslte cereal with fruit ( for 6 - 24 mth) new product.
My BB flip & sit but don't "crawl" ... are u all refering to just dragging himself or really crawl like my nephew now ( 1 year old )
 
HI julie,
I will give ryan penumococcal jab when he turns 1 unless there is alot of jabs to take when he turns 1...then will wait till he is 2 yrs old.


Hi zita,
yr baby has consitpation? How does the PD knows? I realise ryan's poo is more bulky now...since he started on brown rice cereals. I gave him apple and papaya..he likes it very much. Have to keep on trying to feed....dun give up...babies sometimes are not receptive to new taste yet. Be patience okie
happy.gif
 
Hi Mummies..

Wow.. your babies started sitting n crawling already? That's so good. My girl is just flipping.. n rolling... She's quite a handful these days cos she's whining/shrieking alot.. and LOVES to be in the standing position. Doesn't want to crawl or try to sit down even...

Am thinking of renting a jumperoo/exersaucer for her to try out.. too ex to just buy n find out that she doesn't like it.. any mummies here with experience with those jumperoo/exersaucer things?

She's got on the hearing aids already. We're asking KK for subsidy on the hearing aid cos it's really too ex.. gonna see medical social worker this friday. Cross your fingers for me! Hope to get at least some discount. =)
 
Sandy,
they cant crawl on 4 now. Dragging with tummy lor. Early stage of crawling.

Julie,
A bit like creeping and crawling on tummy.
my boy get frustrated very easily.
 
Hi mums, thanks for the compliments.

Hong, my boy too, this morning was so pissed with him, I dunno what he wants and always whining. He got himself a long cut, from his eyes all the way down to his cheeks and end at his chin. I got a scolding from his daddy.

Peachsorbet, good that u've got the hearing aid already. Did u pester them? All the best with the social worker, else i think it be reallly too ex for that. I also intend to rent the jumporee, on the waiting list now. Hehe.

Blesssings, Emerson's poo very bulky and not as much as before too... and its really smelly as compared to the last time.

Realised he doesnt like apple juice and jar food. Bought lots of heinz stuff, but I think I will just force it down his throat. hahaha Bad mummy. Apple juice make him cough alittle too, although it's not refrigerated.
 
Blessing,Bulky is normal.. my gal poo hard at the head, need use strength to push out...hahaha, hope nobody is eating now! Told PD he ask me give fruit or juice loh

Hong, OIC, i giving fish porriage, but had been spilling out for aweek liao...she learnt to blow bubble now.. n will blow out all the food ...make me angry : (

Peachsorbet, where u stay? i have both can comeby to try if u wan, if u wan to confinment her n do yr own stuff then exersaucer better choice, my gal can sit for around 1hr playing with the toy, jumperoo is for the excitment n fun, they jump for awhile then tired liao, cause need leg strength to support the floor...but my gal will giggle alot when she play loh, veri cute but only 10min lah!

subsidy, they will ask u to provide yr bank book, made sure the statment u provide doesnt contain lots of $$ hor n act poor...: ) most case able to get through cause the subsidy amt hospital able to claim back from government...wish u the best n able to sub 80% n above ya : )
 
PM,

Paiseh! I didn't join in the gathering...got conjunctivitis..bad eye infection and it's contagious, so stayed at home...sob sob. Looks like everyone enjoyed the session!
 
Poppy, no worries, there's still another gathering.

Zita, for the jumporee, do the baby knows how to sit up before they can be left n jump inside? Baby E doesnt know how to sit up yet, but i feel like renting it.
 
zita, u proceed to fish porriage, So fast. Slowly lor, dun give up.

PM,
E hurts himself. sayang lor. bb heal very fast.
Ju is so fussy. I am carrying him while tying my msg here. Keep wanting me to play with him. I am waiting for his milk time then put him to sleep.
Ju eye lashes very weird. One side will curl up the other side is striaghten and point downwards.

Poppy, I also stay at home cos both kids were sick. Feeling so lousy.
 
Any mummies experiencing fussy babies who refuse to be fed....(cereals) i mean? My maid is carrying Ryan in sitting down mode while I feed him...if he sit for too long, he will make noise and refuse to eat. Then my maid has to carry him up and walk around...sometimes, I have to feed him while my maid carried him standing up. I wonder whether I shld let him sit in highchair (havent buy yet) cos cannot always stand up and feed him...will become a habit leh.

Wow, zita, fish porridge!!! I bought the slow cooker already but havent started cooking porridge yet. How many spoons or rice and water did you cook? For how long?
 
Hi peachsorbet,
Good luck! How's ur gal doing so far wif the hearing aids? U gal must be excited about hearing new sounds now, tat's y she's whining/shrieking a lot. Mayb she's experimenting wif the types of sounds she can make.

Hi PM,
My gal's poo also become bulky now..mayb cos they're eating semi-solids now? yah, her poo also ver smelly. Similar to those adult poo.
 
Dsiitan..so sorry tat i fang ni fei ji cos got a urgent call from my in laws...aye last min...always the case..they are malaysian so also always last min then tell me they comin to singapore too!! This time, my husband niece met an accident, ride motorbike then injured her leg..so we last min drive in lor..so sorry hor!
 



Back
Top