(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Z-Lia,
Yes Dr Sim charge very cheap for PD that is why i recommend him to mummies.

PM,
i think E is too young to take the bullet now. At least 1yr. Did u sponge him?

zita,
but the brocoli (in chunk) into the porriage and cook. Once the brocoli is cooked, take out and blend. Usually the veg cook faster than the porriage.

Lucida,
My advise is not to cut the fish into small piece. Place the whole slice into the porriage and cook it. Take out the whole slice of fish and use ur hand to feel is there any bone and then mash it. If u cut into small piece the bone may get into the porriage and u can never find it till Ryan spot it for u. U wun want that lor.
 


hong
Wat i did last time was as I cut the fish into small pcs(really small and thin), I used my hand to feel for bones.

zita
another way of giving brocolli is steam it 1st, blend it and then mix it togther with porride to give baby.

mummies
any babies kicking up a big fuss before drinking milk and before sleeping? Xavier likes to do tat, I have a hard time pacifying him to sleep and oso very gan jiong when making milk for him as he cries until his tears flow out, cannot wait one.
 
Hong,

tthis am, before cutting the fish, I look for the bone..threadfin bone usually thick and hard, took out all the bones and then cut into real small pieces and see if I have miss any bones...even before I feel ryan's porridge, I will check the porridge with teh spoon before puting into his mouth....
 
Yenny
It happen sometimes when Max wants to sleep. He will cry, then give him some water and next minute, he fall asleep. When I'm making milk and alone at home, I have to keep talking to him, also very gan jiong, like very hungry but still cannot finish all his milk.

Mummies
Can your babies sit up straight without any help? Or is it too early?
 
Hi Yenny,
Last time my gal fuss & cry a lot whenever she's hungry. Her cries are also hysterical. I think some mummies saw it when I went to the gathering at ur hse last time. But I bo chap lor...let her cry while I'm preparing milk. In the end, she 'learnt' her lesson, I think. She dun become hysterical now.

Hi Julie,
My gal still cannot sit up straight without help.
 
Hi Yenny,
Just now went GainCity. Bought the Braun Multiquick MR 430 @ $58. Tomorrow gonna try making apples for my gal. Think will also prepare extra to store in freezer.
 
Yenny,
My son is very impatient and very sudden in his demands as well. When he wants to be fed, there's no warning. He will want it there and then. He's gradually getting better though. Much better than when he was younger. And when he wants immediate sleep. ;-)
 
joykel, PD gave her terbutaline for cough. But she doesnt have wheezing. When my elder gal had wheezing, her PD would prescribe her either ventolin or bambec.

Am so worried for her. Wish i needn't go to work today. Her nose was filled with mucus and blocked the whole night. and she was coughing and coughing. Felt so bad when i had to force her to drink medicine at 2am. She was crying so badly. Then she doesnt wana drink milk also. But she's ok with drinking water. Ok.. gtg prepare to go to work. Gonna be late..
 
z-lia
can't u take childcare leave?did the pd prescribe her wif nose drops to clear the blocked nose. aiyo, i hate to see babies sick, very poor thing one. hope ur gal recover quickly.

mummies
i wan to train xavier to get to sleep himself instead od kicking such a big fuss. but hor everytime see his tears flowing like i torture him and oso scared neighbours complain, i gave in. he can be quite persistent, how to train?

yb,
i think i bot that model too. apple better dun store overnite, fresh one is the best, cos apple easily oxidised. prepare and then eat immediately.

julie
my boy can sit unsupported for a while. But he doesn't know how to sit up yet. but one thing he very good at is to turn 360 degrees at one spot.
 
Hi mummies,

I started my ger on rice cereal and brown rice with si shen last week and she started to have rashes all over her face. Could it be due to allergy???? SHe looks rather bad esp under her eyes. Could it be the food? My sister says some babies may show some reaction when they are first introduced to solids. Any advise.
 
hi may,

perhaps u wan to start on just one type of cereal first? I think can be due to allergy...else seek PD's advise.
 
yenny - my boy also v good at 360 turn. :p

julie - means bb lie on their tummy, then use their hands n legs to turn round on the floor. :p
 
hi everyone,
I've not been active in the thread coz of being sick. There are so many new mummies, hallo to all!
Any of your babies learning to crawl already??? My girl, Gladys can sit with no problem, just now went shop and save can put her in the trolley now.... Nowadays when put on sit position will flip her legs back to crawl position... my headache is going to come soon...
Z-Lia, sorry to hear your little one sick. My little one has phlegm too now becoz big girl has bronchitis again.. just before sch re-opened. Goodness!!! I'm so worried small one will get it too.
May- Food allergy. Please give lots of water or BM to wash her system and also maybe you want to try only one type of food each time. Rashes or redness at eyes definitely allergy. BEcareful of Wheat in the rice content as wheat is famous for causing allergies or maybe something in the si shen powder.

PM- hope your boy is better. Fever quite high... you may want to massage his gums every now and then to ease discomfort.
 
Hi Kin, Blessings and MTDT,

Thanks for your advise. I applied Gaia soothing lotion on her and its seems better. Will bring her to see PD later. Gonna stop brown rice for a week and see how. That poor girl...she develops rashes too when she ate pumpkin two weeks ago. I'm afraid she is one of those who is allergic to a lot of things..cham lah!
 
Hi mummies,

yenny - 360 degrees turn? my girl is good at it too.. especially when she's in her cot. use her legs & the sides of the cot to maneuveur.. jialat. she likes to kick the cot alot also. she likes to kick the cot-mobile plastic attachment on the cot. like very painful. but she does it any way.

lately she's taken to pressing the cot mobile buttons that can make the cot mobile go round n play music. it's just the buttons r colourful la. dun think she knows that it makes the cot mobile move. but it's eerie in the morning suddenly hear the cot mobile playing music.

kin - my baby doesn't even know how to sit down.. let alone crawl. my hubby has been trying to 'teach her'. he demo to her many times n try to demo on her also which leg goes first. hehe. guess no choice but to wait n see.


RANT ahead (don't read la. i just need to vent)

interview with social worker for $$$!!! - failed!!! it's so frustrating how the singapore gov system is so black & white. they refused to help because they say we have savings in our bank account which is sufficient.. and we have a "SURPLUS" of 600 every month which is good enough for us to survive.

they say since his parents gave us the money in the first place we shld be very grateful. they would only subsidize our 8000 expense & speech therapy classes (approx 30 for 1 session conducted almost weekly) if our parents wouldn't support us. SO frustrating. my hubby still studyin n i earning v little already of cos our parents had to pass us the $$$ first to pay for the hearing aid which is needed ASAP for my bb's hearing n language to be developed.

they say we dun have much expenditure.. no need to pay household bills. OF COS rite.. we have no money to even buy a house. let alone pay household bills. does it mean i shld go into debt b4 i get any help? so frustraaating. anyway, already in debt now to parents in law n parents.

they dun see that 8000 is a huge amount. the social worker said "8000 is not much, you'll earn it back".

gah inflexible rich social workers n the govt. 8000 not much u give me la.
 
hi yenny
i understand wat u are goin thru abt pacifying bb to sleep every nite.

in order to train my ger to go to bed every night happily, even during day time naps, i read books, search internet n ask around for advice. some mummies here have some useful advice too,but again every baby is different, sometimes just have to use your mother's instinct, combine d tips gathered here n there n eventually work out a method suitable for both u n your baby. it may be a gradual process but at d end of d day it really takes a lot of patience n time.

PM recommended me a book before which i found provided some useful tips as well, not sure if u've heard of it,it's call "No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. i borrowed from d library, not sure if u can find it at d book stores.
 
Hi Yenny,
Am trying out the blender now to test how it works. Would like to feed my gal apple puree later when she wakes up.

My gal also like to turn 360degree at the same spot. haa..haa..so funny.

U have to b patient when training ur boy to sleep alone. Normally take a few days to a week. Slowly extend the time u put him alone in bed till he doesn't fuss anymore. Sometimes, really have to b a bit hard-hearted lah...or u can close the bedroom door & leave a slight gap so the loud cries won't distract u too much? Let me know if u encounter any probs.
 
But my boy don't like to be place on the floor or bed. Everytime i try to put him there, he will flip once, stay for one minute and don't want to do it anymore liao.
 
Yenny,
My boy will kick up a fuss if he dun feel like sleeping and i make him sleep. As for milk, i let him cry.

May,
pls see a doctor. Swollen eyes mean allergy.

Peach,
oh dear, u ask them. Does it mean ur parents have to disown u then u can get subside from govt. So ridiculars! btw, is ur ger better now?

Blessings,
either urs or yenny method is ok as long as no bones.

Kin,
my boy can crawl now but not very sturdy to sit on his own yet. We see him lift his butt high and trying to lift himself on four.
 
Hi all,

I am from other threads. My twins are coming to 6months soon and I want to start them on solid. However, I have totally forgotten the type of feeding schedule that I had for DS1.

Appreciate you can share the fully daily schedule for milk and solid feed and the quantity of milk that your babies are drinking now.

Thanks in advance.
 
aiyo....me sick again...and i mean AGAIN...wah piang...why like that??? same thing loh...lao sai and vomit..and slight feverish. dun tell me stomach flu again...damn cham leh...now hv to worried again...cos stomach flu contagious mah...how ah??? hb asked me to stop BF after 6 mths..cos i cant anyhow take medicine if sick...then body like very weak...cos a bit a bit sick...he said cos everytime i sick never take medicine...so body not fully recovered...
 
Hi dsii,
Huh..u sick again arh...better take gd care hor..I think it's already gd enough tat u hve been BFing for so long liao.

Just now pureed apple for my gal. Wah! She loves it! Mayb cos it's sweet. She's very impatient & I neef to quickly scoop the apple puree for her from the bowl.
 
Dsii,
i think most likely stomach flu. The virus is very strong now. My ger and hubby also got it and apparently hubby is more serious than Janelle.
 
hong, yup! it's ridiculous. my girl's doing ok! brought her swimming n she enjoyed it but somehow her "floating" around the pool caused her to be so sleepy after that (sleep from 4.30 - 7.30 the next day with only 2 feeds in between.. den straight away KO)

dsii.. eh.. i suggest u shld juz take medicine n express+throw ur milk first then continue b'feeding again. otherwise will take so long to recover, no good also huh..
 
I kanna eye infection now.. this month seems to be a "sick" month for all of us.. This morning I was lazy and i put the contact lens without washing my hand. End up eye infection.. my eyelid has all the while been very sensitive.. Just went to see doctor and hopefully it will go off within these two days..
Abit afraid to touch baby now tho' it should be ok so long as I dun let baby touch my eyes or touch my eyes with hand and then touch baby..
haiz.. but I love to cuddle him.. haiz..
 
hong
aiyo....daddy and daughter both had it? then u and boy boy leh??? must be careful...damn sianz one...alot of stuff cannot do..worried pass the virus to him...then hb has to take leave to take care..and he hor...somehow...also got a bit symtoms liao..of getting the virus from me...
 
Hi everyone,

I just returned to work last week. Engine a bit slow to start, have to re-adjust back to corporate life.

Hong,

Joshua always lift his butt very high and then push very hard with his legs. So much so that he will flip over to his back. I always thought that's just his way of flipping, never really associate it with crawling!

Dsii,

Take care. U hv done a very good job to persevere till now..
 
Hi Peach,
Ya, very true. My gal also 'zombie-out' after her 'swim'. Can u imagine she doze off while I was showering & changing her?!! Think can b in the Guiness World Record!
 
YB,

YA!!! Haha.. My mum said that she fed Kristen.. then eat already, then she pooped. so when my mum left her on the bed to get diaper .. come back 1 second later, she's asleep on the changing mat.

So now.. she dunwan to sleep.. i know what to do liao.. hurhurhur.
 
Lok,
same as Julian. If he did it too fast or too hard he will flip over but still moving ahead so is crawling. So Joshua and Julian can go for crawling race liao. hahaha..

Dsii,
luckily both of them got a mild one. Julian and I didnt get it. I always have a strong stomach than hubby. I have already separate Janelle' stuffs away from Julian and ask her not to kiss didi.

So we ensure we dun share food and drink with her. Make her clean her hand more often.

As for hubby, same thing. I have to scoop out the dishes in a separate plate for him. I told him to finish all the soup that i dish out for him.

Why dun u take Peach advise? Pump and throw the BM away if u still wanna continue. U got to recover 1st. Aiyo u hubby also seem like getting it.

peach,
that is great! I havent brot my boy for swim yet.

Lucida, take care!
 
hong, peach
i ever tot of pump n throw ...but think sayang leh...somemore...for how long? 1 day, 3 days...? i kep thining the emdication still in me leh...hehehe
 
Hi Peach/YB, Where did you bring your baby to swim - public pool? And what time of the day? btw, did you put sunblock?
Wanted to bring my baby to pool as well but we had reservation going to public swimming pool...
 
Hello mummies, my baby made her first flip today! She struggled for quite a while before flipping to her tummy and then she finally did... after that, struggled a while to get out her hand that was stuck underneath her body. Made a big sigh and then she started creeping... heee. Me very happy to be able to witness that and recorded it on video.
biggrin.gif


I'm also thinking of bringing her to the pool but having second thoughts cos' not sure whether the public pool clean or not.

dsiitan, take care, hope you can have a complete recovery.

twinstars, yenny's bb also borned on 10th July leh!
 
Hi Lucida,
I brought my gal to my dad's clubhouse for a swim. Can shower there also. I only let her dipped in the pool for about 15mins. And let her kick water for a while also. No, I didn't put sunblock on her although I know I should.

I've seen Guardian Pharmacy selling Baby Sunblock. But it's so EX! Costs about $17plus for a small bottle.
 
hello tch,when are your twins born? Hmmm, actually i can't really remember the type of feeding schedule i had for my elder kids also..or rather, i can't remember the process of trying to establish the schedule.

Dsii, ya, think u just pump and throw away for a few days lor. then continue storing after that. think it's better for you also. but i can understand how you feel la.. cos im ill also, then the medicine my dr gave to me is not very strong, cos i'm still bfg. then it seems tt i'm getting well very slowly... but im in abit of dilemma, cos ppl say tt when you're ill, your body produces antibodies which will be good for your baby, so not sure if i should keep my illness since germayn is also ill.

blessings, i stopped the last time round by increasing the interval b/w each pump. then only pump for about 5-10min.. as in.. never empty my breasts. then slowly milk supply will diminish.

feel like bringing my kids for a swim also, but im scared, esp for the twins. when we went to suan4 their names when they were born, it was stated that they shouldnt go swimming till they are 5 yrs old. so i don't dare to take the risk also...
 
YB
is that ur hb? i still think ur gal looks like u leh...hehehe..and hor..ur gal still sucked her fingers in the pool??? hahahaha....and hor...same pattern,.
 
zlia,

how's Germayn?hope she's better.

kevin is able to sleep on his own again.took him for massage in e afternoon.he's better now,not much phlegm n wheezing.sleeping soundly without waking up for milk since his night feed at 930pm.
aiyo...i cant sleep lah...used to having sleepless night for the past few days.
hmm...raining again.............
 
Thanks Zoe. =)

joykel, Germayn's better too. At least she's not coughing or having very blocked nose when she's slpg. Am pumping milk now, and thinking if i should wake her up for her medicine. I think i prob won't...
Glad that Kevin is better now.

dsii, hope you're feeling better now. I think it's really tough being ill and a SAHM without additional help.
 
Hi dsii, Still recalled I was same as you as being the "wee wee" mums - mom wwho wakes up in "wee wee" hours. Now I no longer a "wee wee" mom but you still are. I really admire you for your perseverance. Actually now I really regreted stopping BF.. I misss it sooo muchie. If I had continued, my baby will not have difficulty passing motion now and I would save alot on buying FM as well.. Now baby dun want suck my nipple .. If I BF I have this feeling of being the only one who can do such exclusive activity with baby, no one else can do this..

Well, if I do have another one, I think I will try my best to do it for one year!! And I will buy a very very good pump. With nice accessories, somehow will feel more motivated as well... hee hee.
 



Back
Top