(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

YB
ur labour so short one..and so smooth....me hope i can be like that too...me going to be induced on wed..
heheheh
 


NOIF - Thanks!
happy.gif
No lah, Garrick does not have that much hair... As per your Q, nope, I do not feel that my V area very heavy or got pressure. However, since I have stitches, its a little painful when I sit incorrectly.

Here's an article about Lochia from babycentre.co.uk.

What is lochia?
Every woman bleeds after having a baby. Postnatal discharge, known as lochia, is how your body discharges the lining of the womb after birth. It may come out in gushes or flow more evenly like a normal period. As healing continues and the womb grows smaller, the flow of lochia will slow and turn from bright red to pink and, eventually, to yellow-white.

How long will it last?
You may bleed for as little as two to three weeks or as long as six weeks after birth. The flow will taper off very gradually. Red lochia should not persist for more than two weeks, although if you try to do too much too soon it may start flowing again. If you see bright red blood, it's a sign to slow down.

Do I need to do anything about it?
Not really. Just make sure you stock up on maternity pads before your baby is born - two or three packs should do. (Read more about how many pads you'll need after the birth.) Tampons are off limits for the first six weeks because they can introduce bacteria into your still-healing uterus and cause infection.

When should I call the midwife or doctor?
Call your midwife or doctor if the bleeding:
soaks more than one towel an hour
remains heavy and bright red after the first week
returns to bright red four or more days after birth and does not improve with bedrest
has large blood clots (bigger than a 50p piece)
has a foul smell and you come down with a fever and/or chills.

In rare cases, some women will have what is known as secondary postpartum haemorrhage. If you have abnormally heavy bleeding where you are actively trickling blood from the vagina, with or without clots, (saturating a sanitary pad within an hour), call your doctor or midwife immediately. This could be a sign that a piece of the placenta was left inside the uterus or that the uterus isn't shrinking properly. If you're bleeding briskly and feeling faint, call an ambulance.

dsii - Thanks! Me keeping you in my prayers...your turn coming soon!!! Easy labour vibes!!!

Poppy - BF...me trying my best too!!! Garrick is such a huge eater. Even after 15 min of each breast, he still cries for more food. Went to see my PD and she said that every BB is different. So, bo pian...got to feed formula lor...haiz!!! Hang in there, OK? *hugs*

Mich - Keeping you in my prayers too!!! Easy labour vibes!!!

YB - Thanks for sharing your birth story with us. Are your BFing too? When can we see a pix, huh?

Hong - Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear your birth story and see Julian's pix soon!!!

liverpool - You are very informative, hor? Is your wife still on total BFing?
 
JP
thks leh...hehhee..i need ur prayers..so still coping well?? ur hb leh?? cook any gd stuff for u to makan??? ur PIL got fight to take care of bb or not????
 
Poppy,
baby's nostrils is blocked becoz of the way you carry your bb.make sure bb's body(chest) is facing your body too. When your bb faces you while sucking, carry and cradle your bb closer to your body, so your bb's body is curved around your body.(tummy) This position will shift your bb's head further so bb's nostrils will be exposed. If you have problem, PM me again. My bb is 7 days old and my LC showed me and corrected the position instantly. so don't give up! JIA YOU!!!!!!!
 
Hi JP,
Nope, I wasn't allowed to BF, cos I'm still on anti-thyroid medication. Baby Kaylyn is on 30ml of Similac milk every 3hours. Today is Day 2 and she has already slowly increased to 50ml.

Padietrician says that bb Kaylyn has mild hypothyroid due to the medication that I took during pregnancy. I have to bring bb back to his clinic to Tuesday for further check up. I really hope that everything will turn out right.

BB Kaylyn also has mild jandice and I was instructed to sun her in the morning.

My bb's pix too big. Will shrink it 1st b4 showing u all.
 
YB
can let ur bb drink some red dates water...without the longan lah...one day few teaspoons...u may try...cos some mums tried and proven to be effective
 
Hi dsiitan,
I also didn't know my labour is so fast & smooth...even nurse & doc taken by surprise. My whole labour experience was enjoyable & I still got energy to enjoy the cable TV in the delivery suite...hee..hee... Good luck on ur delivery on Wed!!
 
JP,

It is not that I am very informative, just that being a 1st time daddy, I had to read up alot, from books, internet or from courses at parentcraft. I am just sharing what I know here, I guess this is really what the forum is for after all.

We are still on TBF for my baby Gerrard, however we have move on from latching to bottle feeding. Baby Gerrard is one hungry baby, so no choice, best way is still to give BM via bottle now. Flow is faster, he is happy. Wife won't be that tired. Till date, my baby still did not get a drop of water from us, he is still just on BM.

I understand everyone will get some pressure from friends, parents, parents-in-law or relatives etc, tell must do this, do that, or cannot do this or that. The final line is, it is our baby, they can give whatever advice they want, but it is my baby, our decision is final, FULL STOP, simple as that. No parents in the world would harm their baby. Always believe in what you want......

Congrats to all the mummies and daddies here!! All MTB, I wish you all a smooth delivery.
 
Liverpool11,
u are such a good daddy that will read up magazine etc.. My HB don't
sad.gif
. I think most HB will think giving birth , take care and make sure the well being of kids is the duty of a wife.. Hiaz
 
Hi mummies,

Me back again.. have been super busy in the past 2 weeks after gave birth to BB Alfred. He's born pre-term @ 35 wks + 5 days, got a bit of problem in sucking milk so have to spend little more time in feeding.. till now still not able to latch on so i got no choice but to express the breastmilk 2~3 hourly and supplement with formula milk.. he's just taken the milk now Zzz so I can have a little time to log on here..

BB Alfred was born on 1st July @ 1621.. now think back it's a bit funny.. i should be the last of few to give birth in this thread but now become the 1st mummy to give birth in July.. keke..

Here's my birth story to share..

0200 - I was sleeping half way through and suddenly felt that my panty liner was so wet that going to leak out. Quickly jumped out of the bed. Gosh! Water gushed out from my body and there's no way for me to control the flow.. My sixth sense told me that it's water bag burst. No contraction at all, just that the water kept leaking. I quickly called gynae and was told not to wait but go straight to TMC. I took a quick shower, packed hospital bag and left for hospital with parents in-law.

0320 - Reached TMC. Led to delivery ward/observation room at 2nd floor straightaway and get changed. Strapped to CTG and then being inserted with a fluid via anus. This was to clear bowels. No discomfort at all, just that it gave me the diarrhoea feeling, wanted to run to the toilet straight away. Cleared bowels. Returned to CTG. A nurse came and did VE *ouch, 1cm dilated and she immediately called and report to gynae. Was told gynae will come in at around 7am.

0630 - Given a pack of toiletries set and went to the shower room to wash up. Returned to the delivery ward and saw the midwife busy in setting up equipment and check CTG graph.

0700 - Gynae came. Did a VE and was told the contraction still irregular. No pain, just stomach discomfort. Requested epidural immediately and gynae gave a green light. Read through the agreement of having Epi administration and signed. Gynae ordered chicken porridge for me so that I won't starve throughout the whole process and was told it's going to be a long labour..

0900 - Anaesthetist came and put me on drip *ouch but bearable cos short process but slight needle pain linger on as long as on drip. Next, anaesthetist administered epidural into my spine. . I was told not to move and tried to curve my body as much as possible. I could feel the dosage runs down from the spine to lower body. About 15 minutes later I began to feel slowly numb and then fully numb. Next, waiting and waiting.. Watched TV cos couldn't sleep. Still on drip and also the catherer still inserted with urine bag hanging by the side.

1000 - Dunno since when I dozed off in the delivery ward. Saw my mother in-law came in and fed me with the chicken essence. Next, waiting and waiting..

1200 - Gynae came and check on the graph. I was told that BB will be out before 6pm. Asked gynae for her permission to take another bottle of chicken essence. Then gynae said she go home first and will come again when I was near fully dilation.

1245 - Pressed the emergency bell for help cos I could feel the contraction. The midwife increase the dosage of epi.

1500 - I could sense the contraction and the pain was getting stronger and stronger. Called the nurse again and was told that the epi was fully used up. Arggg! Why at this hour.. Midwife did a VE and was told that I was about 8cm dilated but BB was sitting high in the birth canal. Midwife put down the stirrups and re-positioned me. I was asked to make a deep breath when the contraction came in and push hard to bring BB down while waiting for gynae to come.

1520 - Gynae came. The contraction was getting more intense. Gynae and midwife keep on asking me to push.. push & push! I've tried my best to push but BB's head still not out. I was told not to delay for too long cos BB's heart beat was dropping.. and gynae was quite reluctant to use forseps or vaccum to help BB out as there's a risk for pre-term BB. Another midwife came in and 6 hands pressing hard on my tummy trying to force BB out! I was in great pain and about to collapse.. Gynae got no choice but to change her mind to use forseps.

1621 - BB Alfred was born!

BB Alfred at birth
464191.jpg


BB Alfred on Day 7
464192.jpg


BB Alfred on Day 11
464193.jpg
 
dsiitan,

Can help to update the table??
BB's name: Alfred Chng
BB's weight: 2.3kg at birth
Graduated: DOB 01-Jul-06(Natural w Epi and forseps)

Thanx ya!
 
Joline,
your birth process very dangerous at last stage. Thanks God , both u and your son are well and safe.
I still got 2 days more..
 
dsiitan,
just read from the archives that u going to induce on coming wed huh.. hv a smooth delivery ya! rem to take chicken essence so that u won't get tired easily..
 
Sandy,
U going to deliver oso har.. wah.. so long never log on here to chat.. can't catch up with you gals liao.. try to take 1 or 2 more coconut juice these two days.. my bb came out got white white thing cos I did not have chance to take mine lor...

Have a safe and smooth delivery to u too...
 
Sandy,
oh.. u got swollen feet oso har... a week or so before i gave birth oso got swollen feet.. and it swell and go.. that's the indication that bb going to come out soon i think... 2 days more.. must be v excited ya.. try to get everything prepared these 2 days... for my case, i nvr expect tt i will give birth so early so it was v kalam kabut when i discovered that my waterbag burst.. somemore hubby still in japan tt time so hav to pack and arrange everything on my own.. luckily PIL came early to stay with us few days bfore hubby's departure.. if not i got to call a cab to go to TMC liao...
 
Joline,
so envy that u have a nice PIL...I don't expect much much from them cos $$ & pride is more important than anything to them..
I got nothing , not even tonic from MIL.. idiot
 
mummy here
hahaha..very sick loh...flu adn sore throat..omg..y at this time??? siao liao lah..me going to be induced on wed leh...hope to recover soon....

Joline
congrats ah...tot u MIA liao hehehe...ya loh..this wed...abit scared and worried..haiz...no choice cos my bb ian is a jumbo bb....hope everything will go smoothly for me...and of cos my boy!!
 
sandy
haha..me too..so far my #1 and this #2..nothing from in laws...not even tonic loh...at least can buy a bit for us mah hor?? aiya...no choice lah...
 
Dsiitan,
at least they never give u headache during your customary and then never even says a word of concern after the whole incident.
My MIL only wants to know gender.. I wish i could give her a SLAP
 
Dsiitan,
my HB not only son.. He is the youngest. Got One Sister (married & one Brother not married ). She is a HEADACHE ar.. i think she eats too much vegetarian liao lack of B12 cannot think properly.
 
sandy
y induce me? cos im carrying a jumbo bb inside...so doc wanna induced if not will sure exceed 4kg if full term..then needs to csect liao..so now at 37 weeks..bb already abt 3.6 leh..so i think also better to let him come out...
 
dsii - Am doing OK lah! DH is an angel!
happy.gif
Talking about red dates water...how to prepare? Is it 7 red dates and 1 cup of water and boil it? How many tbsp to give to BB and how many times per day?

kin - Just a question, when your BB latches on properly, do you still feel the pain initially? Me feel the pain for the first few sec and then its OK.

YB - OIC, no worries lah as long as BB is growing up and in pink of health! Good luck with the hypothyroid check-up. Sometimes these things just vanishes by itself. Talking about jaundice, I think all babies have jaundice. Maybe you can try the red dates water too. Me trying as well.

Mich - Easy labour vibes again and keeping you in my prayers!!!

liverpool - Of course, of course! Me just impressed mah! Not many DHs will do research! BTW, may I know if your wife is eating any tonic to increase her BM?

Joline - Thanks for sharing your birth story with us! Thank goodness both mommie and bb is A-OK. BB Alfred is soooooooooooo cute!!!

CONGRATS to all new mommies!!!
WELCOME TO THIS BEAUTIFUL WORLD to all new babies!!!
HAVE A SHORT, EASY and SAFE DELIVERY to all MTBs!!!
 
JP
hehe...thks ah...all the best to me..hehehe

hmm...the red dates wateer..i think so leh..but how many teaspoons..that im not too sure liao...maybe u just try 4-5 teaspoons 1st...
 
hi dsii, for your update.

37 wks @ 3.563kg

Doc mentioned that the weight is not so accurate? Does that differs with the circumference of BB's head?

As for inducing, they say will take very long for BB to come out, roughly how long?
 
Hi JP, i heard from my office pantry aunties that
red dates helps too. Even for Mummies doing confinement is good for them as they say when you are doing confinement, its not that good to take plain water, so subsitute with red dates water.

Just boil about 24 red dates with 500ml water, boil till half. ( est. 250 ml For one cup)
Take 3 cups daily your skin will glow - quoted by them.
 
Sandy,
Yeah.. I'm lucky.. my MIL is a nice lady.. My only regret is that hubby not around with me in the delivery ward.. It's so wasted that he missed the opportunity to witness the whole process.. and not able to take any photo/video of the arrival of BB alfred and have the honour to cut the umbilical cord..

JP,
Thanx.. BB alfred's head is a bit out of shape at birth and the bruises are so obvious due to the use of forseps.. luckily now his head becomes rounder liao and no more bruises left..

BB Alfred has jaundice also.. he couldn't discharge on the 3rd day so i had to extend 1 more day to stay with him in the hospital.. On day 6 he was admitted to the hospital again cos his jaundice level reaches 16.5 and discharged 2 days later. Today on Day 16 PD said can stop sunbath liao but i still can see his eyes still a bit yellow.. so how to prepare the red dates water and how frequent shall we feed BB?
 
Hi Joline,

Think can prepare like how i have mentioned above and like what Dsii advised, start with 4-5 teaspoonful first morning and nite.
 
red ridden
updated ur info liao..i dunno how long for induce leh...maybe after this wed i can tell u..hehehe

me now so tired....having bad flu...aiyo..y now???? cham ah
 
ok ok, you better rest more... go take some flu medicine and have a super nap. or take lem-sip??

Rest well k! Talk to you again.

Good luck on Wed!!
 
JP,
Yah, that is normal. I will still "ren" when bb first latches on becoz v painful, after which is ok..ha hah
 


I'm also expressing my BM out for Julian (Ju) but still not enough so top up with FM. My breast still very hard. dun know why the breastpump like not very effective to me. I have to express my BM using my bare hand and i have squeeze out 20ml for it. Seeing my BM dripping to the bottle.

dsii,
u going to be induced? All the best ok.

Mummies undergo c-section. Do u realise u have lesser lochia?
 

Back
Top