(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

mommies,

Hi Julie,
Happy bday to Maximus!

eeyore,
Happy bday to Charlene.

Dsii,
luckily Isaac does not need an op. Kids can recover very fast. Dun worry too much. Hope Isaac has a speedy recovery.

Misaryeo,
take care. rest if u feel tired. No joke to take care of a boy and pregnant at the sametime.

Nap - My kids must sleep cos none of us wanna deal with cranky kids in the evening.
However, I need to train Janelle not to nap or take power nap before she attend Primary school.

Here's a latest pic of Maximus...
1597596.jpg

How come the list like cut off

JP's G is 10.2kg ht. 82cm
Jul's K is 15kg, ht. 90 cm
PM's E is 12kg ht. 83cm
MT's Z is 14kg ht 89cm
Hong's Ju is 14kg ht 91cm
CHM's A is 13.8kg ht 92cm
Yunma Y is 11.0kg ht.82cm
eeyore's C is 10.5kd ht 83cm
Lala's C is 13 Kg ht about 92cm
lok's J is 11.2kg ht ~83cm
Zita V is 9.5kg, ht - 82cm
Misar E is 12kg, ht-86.5cm
Mezzo A is 10.8kg, ht 85cm
Julie's M is 10 kg ht 82 cm

Happy birthday to Charlene & Maximus. can go to fidgets at tuff city. nice play gym.
happy.gif

dsii
should be able to claim for insurance if u had bot it at beginning of year...poor Isaac! but he's such a cheerful boy, should be up & running in no time hhehe

mtdt
is Z's mandeville class starting in oct? ours too...this sg motherhood forum is really power...after i posted for mummies to call up mandeville for Fri aftn slot, they had in influx of calls & got 14 kids from 3 kids b4 i posted. Within 2 days! So happy the class will be starting soon.

eeyore
N oso has been learning her phonics from the leapfrog dvd plus i do the phonics flashcards wif her. Simple 3 min activity everyday. She doesn't hv phonics in her cc curriculum. Think letter sounds r not tough to learn, it's the blending later that schs may b able to help.

Happy Birthday to Maximus!!
Happy Birthday to Charlene!!

Wow, that's a huge and nice cake!!

For conveienent, can try Habourfront gymboree

Heh anyone know how fast can we apply passport for our tots? Thks in advance!

Cheri - wow... good. Zav class is starting in AUG. Read sunflower's blog on her class seems fun. cant wait for it to start
happy.gif

Yunma - It's quite fast, shld be able to get it within 2 weeks if everything is submitted properly.

eeyore - Yes, I will call her to inform her that E is not attending, at the same time, I have a friend (you) is keen on the trial, and will ask her if u'll be able to come.
happy.gif

Happy birthday to maximus and charlene.

Cheri - Agree, this forum is really powerful. Been to other forum but not as 'active' as this.. Other forum seems quite quiet one.

Julei - Max cake so big! he likes thomas? Emerson too..

PM,
Thks for info. Thot if can get within 2/3 days, maybe still in time to book for tour but seem like going to spend my leave in singapore again

PM, sure so u inform me again on her response.

MT, I went to check on mandeville last sat then they say new class starting only in april next year...

Any others interested in mandeville can put on waiting list for the next new class.

MT, how much discount is the huggies ultra??

Julie, how big is that cake? Looks liek can serve quite a lot of ppl!!
Happy birthday to maximus and charlene.
Today is the last day of Jul..end of our tots BD celebrations..

maximus cake is 3 kg from Pine Garden.
I have just called mandeville. One class starting in Oct on Friday. If you want sat (like me), got to wait till April....

eeyore/MT
I am interested to let C in the music class too. Next year April sounds ok to me. Can give me the contact no for mandeville?

Happy birthday to maximus and charlene!
Happy belated birthday to all the Jul Tots!!

Wow, looking at the list, deron is the smallest again...

Last weighed and measured is 10 kg Height 80cm...

PM's E is 12kg ht. 83cm
MT's Z is 14kg ht 89cm
Julie's M is 10 kg ht 82cm
MamaA's D is 10kg ht 80cm

MamaA - not v far off mah.
happy.gif

julie
the oct fri class is the one my ger is joining. they still hv vacancies? maybe cos some hv not paid up yet.

mt
sunflower's class started oredi? can PM me her blog link? i oso wanna go bio! heheh

yunma
i just applied new passport for my ger cos her old one, pic really not like her anymore. Dun wan to risk getting stopped by immigration. We applied online & told to collect within few days liao. Going this sat morning to collect though. Must bring her along.

Hi Mummies,

Thanks Hong, yah lor, I try my best to rest when tired. Am looking forward to September when Elliot school starts, then I will be able to have 2 months of rest/personal time before meimei is borned. but after meimei arrives, then its busy busy busy again...sometime I think if I am trying to make my life difficult for myself. haizzz...

MTDT, no earthquake here leh... nv feel anything wor... heng ah...

Elliot has been waking up at 3-4am in the morning, crying for milk. Dunno is it habit or wat. after milk wanna play. if cannot play he'll cry. he woke my hubby up and both of us can hardly have enuf sleep becos of his constant waking and crying. Hopefully its just a phase and will pass very soon. If not i cannot imagine when mei mei arrives, each taking turn to wake up and cry. I think mentally and physically I cannot take it
sad.gif
Really pray hard that things will be fine.

Misaryeo,
take care.

Is he able to take water instead of milk?

When we have Julian, my hubby will sleep with Janelle and I will be with Julian in separate room. I believe Elliot will be a sensible brother when mei mei arrived.

Hong, he will insist on milk lor
sad.gif
I actually wanted to shift Elliot to his room now as he is still sleeping in his cot beside our bed. But as mil and sil is coming over to help with the confinement, they'll need the room and the room is too small to have a queen bed and a cot. So the plan of shifting Elliot to his room will be shelved till mil goes back. But by then I'll prob shift meimei over first instead, cos dun want Elliot to feel "outcast" and meimei is easier to shift. Dunno if I am doing the right thing but I guess bo pian also.

I also hope he'll be a sensible brother and meimei will be a nice baby when she arrives. hoping and praying very hard...

i was telling my hubby, when i shift meimei, it'll mean we sleep in seperate room too. cos if not i'll have to walk here and there every few hrs...

Cheri,
Haha..Kay's infant photo in her passport also dun look like her now. Was asked to replace the photo once during immigration, but we procastinate till now. But so far, immigration still allows us to pass thru, so will wait & see 1st. Haha..lazy parents.

Dsii,
Oh dear, hope IZ recovers soon. But I guess he'll still b as active as before lah, just cannot move his arm only.

Add on to the list:
PM's E is 12kg ht. 83cm
MT's Z is 14kg ht 89cm
Julie's M is 10 kg ht 82cm
MamaA's D is 10kg ht 80cm
<font color="ff0000">YB's Kay is 12.5kg ht 83cm</font>

yb
we r going to states in sept...scared they will be stricter there so dun dare to risk being held up by immigration there. Our last trip to bkk few mths ago, was oso told by the SG immigration officer to change her passport on our way back :p

yunma
if applying online, do check out the site for the pic specs...think has to be white background etc...we took a pic of her at home against a white wall.

Cheri,
u mean change as in changing into a new biometric passport or update photo?

Yunma,
min is 3 days.

Hong - Nope, I keep trying and trying and till date, nothing works. I feel so useless and helpless..haiz!
sad.gif

Lok - OIC, maybe I also should ask PD to conduct a devt assesssment when G turns 30 mths.

Yunma &amp; Jul - Thanks for the info. G sleeps an average of 11-12 hours a day.

YB - OIC, wow, her power naps only 30 mins. Is it due to her school thingy which is disturbing her routine?

Misaryeo - Don't worry too much! Take a day at a time like me!
happy.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL TODDLERS!!!
1598527.gif

Cheri,
But I changed my passport pix once leh..dun have to redo passport all over again. Just submit your new pix @ the counter &amp; they'll paste it for u on another page.

JP,
In fact, Kay naps longer when she was attending playgroup. She's not attending any classes now since Jun hols starts. She'll be starting her half day CC tomorrow. Hopefully, she'll nap longer then.

YB,

Nowadays, there is no such thing as paste photo liao. That is last time police wear short pants time. Nowadays need to redo, but I not sure need to pay or not due to photo issues.

i think now if u wanna chnage pix is to do the biometric one...so hv to pay like $80 for it...no more replace pix nia...is to replace the whole passport..and i think with lesser pages tooo...all less..but $ increase...hahahha

mummies,

any tips in settling your kids down in childcare?
I just started my gal on half day childcare this week.... and the going part is getting worse!

Mon - went in without much fuss... cried when realised we are leaving without her.
Tue - didn't want to go into the childcare
Wed - didn't want to get out of our car
Thu - didn't want to put on the childcare uniform at home. Today, she burst into tears the moment she saw me reaching to pick her up. Before that, she was concentrating on the TV.

really heartbreak leh...

Willows- did u stay with her in cc? Like for first few days?

Maybe u stay with her for a few days so tat she hv time to get to know her new environment and teachers/frens. Also can monitor how the cc treat her such tat he hates to go?

Really sound v heartbreaking!

the cc doesn't encourage the parent to stay as the kid may think the parent will be there all the time. the cc actually appoints 1 teacher/TA to stay with her all the time in the 1st week or so.

We actually had an excursion with the cc last week... so she had a bit of interaction with them but was outside the classroom.
I have tasked my hubby to spy tomorrow.
Will see how it goes... see if we need to request to stay with her.

she was sitting on a teacher's lap the first 2 days I went to pick her.
she was sitting amongst the other kids for the next 2 days... so I thought perhaps she was getting more comfortable.
The other kids all look so happy.. should be ok ba?

But we brought her to JG previously. She also cried even though we were with her. *sigh*

maybe she just wants to be the "xiao ba wang" at my parents' place.

Liverpool,
Sure or not? I just replaced my passport pixs in 2003 leh...There're even a few pages for pasting latest photo on my passport. Hmm..mayb now wif the new biometrics passport, rules have changed.

Willows,
My Kay is going to CC half day for the first time tomorrow. I anticipate she'll also cry even though she had attended playgroup before.

I feel your gal's behaviour is normal. Cos new environment &amp; ppl plus suddenly she suddenly has to adjust to everything alone.

When Kay just started playgroup, she was fine for the 1st wk. But afterwards when she realised wat's happening, she'll cry in the morn when we send her to sch &amp; sometimes when we picked her up. But slowly, she cries lesser &amp; after 1 mth, she enjoys going to sch &amp; even refused to say bye bye to me at sch.

Today, we happened to bump into her playgroup teacher below my blk &amp; she kept crying for teacher when we reached hm. Kept asking teacher where?

Mummies,
Btw, anyone can advise me wat to bring for Kay's 1st day in CC?

The supervisor told me to bring change of clothings, milk, diaper &amp; water btl. Anything else that I shld prepare?

Also, how do u prepare your child in the morn? Do you feed milk for your child before going to CC? Or just changed her &amp; go? Then have bfast @ CC instead?

YB, thanks for sharing Kay's experience. puts me a little more at ease. so... I guess just have to endure and hope she starts enjoying going to school soon!

those are what I pack for her too, except milk as she usually takes milk twice a day (morning before school and before sleep). she has milk at home first and then some breakfast at school.

YB,
K will take his milk when he wakes up, then take bfast and lunch in CC. Come back then I give him milk before he naps.

Did the school give you a checklist of what to pack and supply?

For K:
- diapers (at least 2)
- 1 set of change of clothes
- 1 small towel
- water bottle
- milk (if there is milk feed during her time there)
- 1 plastic bag for soiled clothes
- tumbler and toothbrush (they brush after eating at K's cc and it's kept there)

On days he has waterplay then swimsuit or extra set of clothes and towel.

Actually, I just leave a pack of diapers with them so that I dun have to pack them in everyday. And I know his classmates do the same for milk powder. But depends on your CC's policy.

You may want to label her stuff or they will label for you.

Jul,
No, they didn't give me any list, cos Kay is attending trial 1st. Wah! So many things to bring everyday arh? Then must lug a big bag every time?

So u wake K up early to change him &amp; give him milk? My hb will drop Kay off at CC before work. Tat means Kay have to wake up super early at 7am lor...

Back