(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Hi Hong can help me input to spreadsheet? my EDD 7 Jul 06, same as japepearl : ) Tku u

My gynae from KKH..I working in
hospital, so have to choose either KKH or SGH then my medical will be covered.

Tks hong, tracy,decimal point.. possible MS disspear by 1day? no vomit n nauses liao..will the pressure of the scan harm my bb...: (
I got the fear cause my last MC,MS also suddenly dissppear..: (

In KKH scanning is done by the technician..gynae only explain with the photos : (

Hi all, have yr gynae prescripe any Vitamin supplement to take? quite surprise i am not given any n my next review is end Jan 06 loh

Wow seems like all of u are expecting your baby at almost the same time!!! Hah hah hah..My EDD is still unsure as my last menses is very inaccurate cos I had a MC.. I am in my eighth week now bah.. Let u gals noe on my nex gynae appt.. Shld b more accurate..

Hey Zita
I am taking folic acid, calcium pills, fish oil and progestrone pills.. My gynae is more kiasu becos of my last MC.. So no worries about supplements ok. It all depends on whether the gynae thinks if u need it..
As long as u have no bleeding, everything is fine. I have been phobic about this pregnancy too but my gynae and preggie books say usually after a MC, the percentage of having the next baby to be healthy is very high..
So dun worry too much ok, enjoy tis pregnancy k!!
Cheers..

Zita,
Yah I agree with Tracy. Bleeding is not a good sign. In my gynae's opinion, as long as no chocolate discharge or sharp pain, all should be quite fine. I can empathize with you cos like you, I am worrying about the yolk sac stuff but I try not to think about it. Your edd is 7July, so that makes you week 11 tomorrow. Maybe that's why the symptoms subside too?

My next visit is on 28 Dec. So far I have been given folic acid and vitamin B. Aret you going to do the screening tests? There is a screening that can be done from week 11-14. Cos end Jan you will be around week 17 right?

Pugglie,
I still have my BBT chart and still charting. I believe my conception day is day 15/16. There was a big surge from 36.39 to36.63. Thereafter my temperature was up, never less than 36.6. Upon confirmation(day 29/30, i have very accurate cycles), it remained more than 36.7. I could see a very clear pattern as I used double digit thermometer. Am I confusing you?

hi dear,

thanks. Is my chart's input too details? Do u gals want to input gynae's name etc?

later stage, we can input bb's gender? so excited?

hi hong,

r u expecting yr 2nd child?

Hi HOng,
since the beginning, this thread has moved the fastest today!!!!!Thanks for puting up the chart.
My EDD - 12July
My Obygn - Dr SC Chew

I think so far my doc's fees most expensive!!His normal delivery is $1800 exclude 20wk detailed scan.....And he delivers at Mt E only.

My EDD is 11 July 06, I am going to see Dr. Chan KH on Monday for the first time, not so comfortable with my current gynea. I heard he does 3D scan, anyone has done that before?

Jadepearl - I read from some books the uterus will be expanding so I think you are right that maybe that's where the cramps come from.

Zita - I know how you feel, i am so worried about losing the MS feeling, but I must say I feel MS is getting better since week 9.

I got a cold and feeling miserable, had 2 days MC my blocked nose is killing me.

dear - yeah, you are so right! Your DH is definately very happy.

YB - OK...here's the pkg which we took.
Package A:
Upon Booking: $700
Upon Delivery: $1100
Total Fee: $1800

This covers all scheduled consultations and std urine dip stick test up to delivery after payment of the booking. This pkg also covers all types of delivery (normal, caesarean section and forceps), all hospital visits after delivery and post delivery check-up.

However, it does not cover lab test, medicine and U/S scan, postnatal check, paediatrician and hospital bills.

hong -
happy.gif
Good luck with the appt!

zita - You too?!
happy.gif
Wow! KK or SGH and your medical will be covered? Awesome news!

pepper - Yup, that's what I was told too...so I guess we just have to stop worrying so so much.
happy.gif
Hope you are feeling much better now and no block nose!

Updated (hope you don't mind me adding the OBGYN). Er...anything else to add?

<table border=1><tr><td>NAME</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> OBGYN </TD></TR><TR><TD>zita27</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. </TD></TR><TR><TD>japepearl</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepygarfield</TD><TD> 09 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. </TD></TR><TR><TD>liverpool11</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pepper</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Chan </TD></TR><TR><TD>kin</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Chew </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hong</TD><TD> 18 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>littlebaby~Val</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. </TD></TR><TR><TD>YB</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dear</TD><TD> 20 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Sim </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

japepearl,
thanks for helping to put up the chart. hahaha..

littlebaby,
u too? I think i saw ur nick somewhere in the forum. My elder one is coming to 2yo in Jan.
I am planning to ask my daughter's paediatrician she is seeing now to be my 2nd child's PD.

kin,
yah i expecting it to move this fast everyday. I think "biz" is gd today? hee hee

zita,
no wonder u scare why MS disappear just a day. Dun worry too much ok. Just be more careful with urself. MS really can be gone just a day.

MTBs,
I got folic acid and multi-vit from the 2st gynae i visited cos we not very comfortable with him so i am changing to Dr Ang.

Japepearl,
I only know that my wife is going for NT scan on the next appt. What is OSCAR scan about huh? What other blood test are required? Sorry I ask so many question at one go. We blur blur, coz this is our first baby.

Hi Japepearl,

Would you mine adding me to the list too please...?

My EDD is same as Hong - 18 July!! My gynae is Dr Lisa Chin.

Do some of you ladies feel less discomfort these days as we reach the 9th week? I find myself feeling better but my appetite is still as bad esp during evening time.

Hang in there!!

Hi Japepearl,

Can update mine too??
EDD 11th july 2006
Gynae : Dr Chandra
Most likely will choose Mt A instead of East Shore.

I am also prescripe wif folic acid, wondering did the doc miss out cause my next appoint is 6wk away: ). Last preggie doc give muiltvitamin at wk8, i got left over, dont noe can take anot...???

Hi tracy n decimal point, Me super underweight kind sure need supplement heehee : ) ...yar me wk11 today. Will only see my gynae at wk 16 : ( Will b going for a Premier Fetal Screening on wk 12..but is not done by my gynae.

Pepper..hope u feeling better...me also down wif flu n cough...blame my hubby passing the virus to me... i dont dare to take medi..hoping for self recovery : )

Japepearl.. Every visit my total bill cost up to $160/- leh, lucky is 90% covered. If not because of its subsidy i will not choose Goverment Hospital..got veri bad experience from my last preggie. ...oop tks My gynae Dr Tan.

Hi may, my MS gone in 1 day after gynae visit..heehee! but still wake up veri frequently for toilet at nite..!

Hi MTBs..have yr tummy start to pop out?

Hi pepper,

I find Dr Chin ok, she is quite friendly. But she tends to speak rather fast and don;t seem to have much time for u. Generally she is ok. When she learned that I was going to tokyo when I was five weeks pregnant, she was very concerned. So she gave me a jab. But the waiting time can be a torture at her clinic.

Hi Zita, i do wake up too frequenty at nite to go tot he toilet. I also wake up at odd hours at night such as 3 am or 4am.

My tummy has popped out slightly. but my husband says becos I already have tummy before pregnant, so its not obvious. Hahhaha.

Japepearl,
I think the table should include the hosp that we will be delivering in.

My wife suddenly hates chicken rice and prata. She ate prata yest and vomit the whole nite. Was so worried for her yest.

Hi, I am so sleepy now. Yesterday dunno why, juz can't get to sleep n kept tossing the whole nite. Now if got a bed I think I can fall asleep in less than 1 min.

hi japepearl,

my gynae is Dr Tham. Delivering in Gleneagles.

hi liverpool11,

yup, agreed with u that we shld include the hosp we delivering.

hi hong,

yes. My gal is coming 3 years old next year.

I am just curious. Anyone here already starting to think of taking any type of classes? IE, how to take care of baby when they are born, yoga classes, or maybe be classes which would aid during delivery?

Hi jadepearl,

Thanks for updating the chart. Would you mind adding me to the list too?

EDD: 15 July 2006
Gynae: Dr Tan Kim Teng from KKH

Hi Jadepearl,

Can you also include mine to the list?

EDD: 17 July 2006
Gynae: Dr Lawrence Ang from TMC

Thanks !!

Me now in my 9th week, each day becomes harder to go by coz the nauseating feeling &amp; discomfort is getting more frequent.

hi MTBs,
Ok update!

I am clear! Gynae said both of us shld be clear (me and baby) and my daughter's rashes is not German measle. He told me the only way to affect the featus is when the mother also got it, having fever and rashes then it will be passed down and affect the baby. I got german measle once and i even got the jab so my body shld have the antibotics to fight it. German measle is more like once a life time thing. So we are clear!!! So happy and i find my bloatness and tireness i had these few days just gone!

<table border=1><tr><td> NAME</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> OBGYN</TD><TD> HOSPITAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>zita27</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>japepearl</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Cheng</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepygarfield</TD><TD> 09 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>liverpool11</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Cheng</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pepper</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Chan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mel</TD><TD> 11th july 2006</TD><TD> Dr Chandra</TD><TD> Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>kin</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Chew</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>NOIF</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr John Tee</TD><TD> KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jaslin</TD><TD> 15 July 06</TD><TD> Dr Tan KT</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lala</TD><TD> 17 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Ang</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hong</TD><TD> 18 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Ang</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>may</TD><TD> 18 july 06</TD><TD> Dr Chin </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>littlebaby~Val</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Tham</TD><TD> Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>YB</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dear</TD><TD> 20 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Sim</TD><TD> </td></tr></table>

Hi Jadepearl and Hong,
Are you both updating the list! Gosh! that is a really long list ! Thanks so much for both your trouble!

Val,
Hi! Not been so frequent in writing coz am feeling really tired and MS is still really bad.

Liverpool and Jadepool,
Is Dr Cheng the one at Mt E. A bit on the big size size, rosy and a bit short?

Hi decimal point,
y does ur gynae prescibe u vit B? My gynae only gave me folic acid leh...wat screening will be done at week 11-14?? I had my antenatal screening done together with my thyroid test at week 8.5 already leh..

Hi Pugglie,
How long overdue is your period?? You may wanna buy HPT kit to test 1st?

Hi Gals,
Wat NT scan, OSCAR scan r u talking abt?? My gynae never explain all these to me leh.

Hi May,
Yah, I do feel a little better since 9 weeks (touchwood) hee..hee..but night-time still quite bad..hopefully everything will become better..

Hi zita27,
I already got a little tummy since week 5. tat's y all my usual pants/bottoms cannot wear now. Beginning feel a bit depressed cos suddenly see my figure go out of shape. My family commented my tummy grow very fast...But very weird, I didn't gain any weight at all. I read from preg book tat says 1st trimester not a good time to gain weight??

Hi Liverpool11,
R u intending to take prenatal classes at the hospital where ur wife intends to deliver? Heard there's a lady conducting prenatal classes at TMC very popular &amp; nice.

Hi Hong,
Can update me? My gynae (at the moment) is Dr Roy Ng.

WOW, YB impressive Antenatal Package Comparison that you come out with.

NT Scan is to scan for then chances of the baby having down symdrome by measuring the spine thickness.

As for OSCAR scan, still waiting for ppl to tell what is it about.

Kin,
The Dr Cheng that Jadepearl and I talk about is at TMC. Tall, gentle guy wearing specs.

Think it is Mrs Wong, from TMC that conduct the antenatal class that alot mention.

liverpool,

I find it funny i had the same reaction as your wife when i come to prata, guarantee puke, never miss so far.

I'll be delivering @ GlenE

Hong...so happie for u : )

Jaslin, My gynae same as u, Dr KT Tan: ),btw did she prescipe vitamin for u?

YB..wow thanks for yr effort..
KKH package start 16th weeks
Includes 10 antenatal visit n 10 urine test.
Price for Snr Consultant : $530/-(Classic), $620/-(Premier). Delivery fee :haven't check yet.

my tummy still flat leh..Only c tummy after food..: )

Hey YB,
Your antenantal package table is awesome!!
ha ha ha.. me oso dunno wat's the oscar thing..
can someone help explaining.. tks..

Table Updated:

<table border=1><tr><td>NAME</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> OBGYN</TD><TD> HOSPITAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>zita27</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.T.Tan</TD><TD> KK/SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>japepearl</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.L.C.Cheng</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepygarfield</TD><TD> 09 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. </TD></TR><TR><TD>liverpool11</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.L.C.Cheng</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>pepper</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.H.Chan</TD><TD> Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mel</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Chandra</TD><TD> Mt.A </TD></TR><TR><TD>kin</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.S.C.Chew</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>NOIF</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. John Tee</TD><TD> KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasline</TD><TD> 15 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. K.T.Tan</TD><TD> KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>lala</TD><TD> 17 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hong</TD><TD> 18 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD> 18 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Lisa Chin</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>littlebaby~Val</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Tham</TD><TD> Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>YB</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Roy Ng</TD><TD> Mt.A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dear</TD><TD> 20 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.L.N.Sim</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

liverpool11 - We also - our very 1st. OSCAR - its for the assessment of risk for fetal anomalies. Its also called the NT Scan. As for the blood tests, not too sure about the whole list but some of it ~ HIV, HepB, under the OSCAR - level of free beta bCG and PAPP-A, etc. Same here...I can love something today and just can't take it tomorrow. DH is worried too esp. when I vomit everything out. So, are you guys trying the one at TMC - Mrs. Wong?

Hong - Good to hear that your doc gave you guys the all clear!

kin - Yup, Dr.Cheng is tall, gentle, wear glasses and a famous IVF doc too.

Zita - Wow! 90% covered..awesome! So sorry to hear about the bad experience at the gov. hospital though. My tummy pop-out too...seems like everyone is noticing.

Tracy - OSCAR : One Stop Clinic for Assessment of Risk for Fetal Anomalies. This is a 1st trimester option which is being offered to all PG women to screen for risk of fetal anomalies, in particualr Down's Syndrome. The risk assessment is done by combination of maternal age, fetal NT and serum biochemistry at 11-13 weeks 6 days gestation of the fetus. Hope this helps a little.

Hi All,
Went to TMC website. Preggies have to book their parentcraft workshop only when reached wk 20. It'll costs more for mummies delivering outside TMC.
I know Mt A has parentcraft class &amp; Mt E has antenatal class.

YB,
Actually I also have no idea why vitamin B. During consultation the doctor did not say prescribe anything. Then at the counter when paying, there is vitamin B. I asked the nurse, she has no idea, then went in to ask doctor, say for supplements. So I took anyway since vitamin B complex is for overall health.
The test take can be taken is FT test, taking into account age, nuchal translucency, maternal blood. It's screening for down syndrome too. When my gynae explained, it seems there are quite a few choices.
What is antenatal screening? What does it scan for?
My gynae did not mention thyroid test though.
Frankly speaking, I am quite confused when it comes to these screenings, so I asked to do the most accurate.

Btw, does anyone have any idea when or will there be a check for gestational diabetes? Or do they check when they see a risk? I find that I am taking quite a lot of carbo and no exercise, so a little worried.

I think regading weight gain, first trimester can gain, but not too much, about 1-2kg. Some people lose weight in first trimester, it is also ok as some people suffer serious MS.

Hi Jadepearl and Hong,

Thanks a lot for updating the list.

I am now in my 9th week, and feeling nausea and vomitting. Feeling very tired too.

Hi Zita,

Ya, we got the same doctor. She gives me 2-months supplies of multivitamins, folic acid and vitamin B6 (for nausea and vomitting but do not seem to work). Have you decide to take up the Premier Package or Classic Package?

Hi,

I am oso a July MTB. This will be my 3rd kid. My elder one is 32mths, younger one 19 mths, both gals.

My EDD is on 7/7/06, same as zita and jadepearl. Deliverin @ MT A, my gynae is Dr K K Lee.

The chances of me delivering in July is rather slim, mostly should be June baby as my 2 gals had premature contractions and both came out early.

Updated:

<table border=1><tr><td>NAME</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> OBGYN</TD><TD> HOSPITAL </TD></TR><TR><TD>zita27</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.T.Tan</TD><TD> KK/SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Li May</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.K.Lee</TD><TD> Mt.A </TD></TR><TR><TD>japepearl</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.L.C.Cheng</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepygarfield</TD><TD> 09 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. </TD></TR><TR><TD>liverpool11</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.L.C.Cheng</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>pepper</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.H.Chan</TD><TD> Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mel</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Chandra</TD><TD> Mt.A </TD></TR><TR><TD>kin</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.S.C.Chew</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>NOIF</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. John Tee</TD><TD> KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasline</TD><TD> 15 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. K.T.Tan</TD><TD> KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>lala</TD><TD> 17 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hong</TD><TD> 18 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD> 18 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Lisa Chin</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>littlebaby~Val</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Tham</TD><TD> Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>YB</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Roy Ng</TD><TD> Mt.A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dear</TD><TD> 20 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.L.N.Sim</TD><TD> TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Back