(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

<font color="0000ff">kk,
Your pictures are very well taken - clear and sharp. May I know what's your camera brand and model and who's the photographer?</font>

bbloh,

No leh, i find this time the photos a bit blur, not as clear as the ones i taken in perth two yrs back. The shop i went to develop photos say cameras after few years will be like tat
sad.gif
Anyway this camera been with me for around 2.5 yrs only.

Anyway mine is canon powershot A75. Now not sold anymore haha.. outdated liao. I love the powershot series because it provides grip so prevent shaking of hands while taking pictures. But heavy though, due to 4 AA batteries.

Photographer.. me lah hahahahaa... the awful ones taken by hubby LOL!

<font color="0000ff">As I didn't see your previous photos, can't comment about them lah. But, IMO, the current ones are good leh. It's not easy to capture moving targets like animals and waterfalls.

I also like Canon Powershot. I have the A70 but still not good in mastering its usage to take good pictures.

Your photography skill is definitely better than mine. Gotta get some tips from you when there's chances.

Sorry, I've sent a PM to you earlier as the post didn't appear after I posted it. Just wanna ask if your hubby was from the Navy, with C3SW.</font>

bbloh,

Ya, i am pretty happy with those motion pictures too. Normally this camera doesn't perform well for tat. When my ger moves, i can't capture that properly so i was pretty mad and wanna change camera haha.. but save money, so never change before NZ trip :p else i would have used a new camera for this trip instead.

Actually hor, every shot i only use AUTO leh haha! I never use other functions liao.

Oh one bad thing is, this camera perform very badly at nite when there is lack of light. Even with flash, cannot perform well.

Oh yes!! My hubby is from navy C3SW. How u know???

<font color="0000ff">kk,
I agree. Mine also perform quite badly in night scene. Nowadays, I use the "fast motion" function to capture my boy's pictures but still blur at times.

IIRC, your DH is Liaw something (sorry, forgot his name). I was from RSN too but was in another dept (RSW). Aiyoh! SG is really small leh. R u from RSN as well?

Anna,
Hope Kaelyn recovers fast too so that all of you can enjoy the Malacca trip.</font>

bbloh,

RSW... my hubby still recalling now haha.. PM me ur name lah heehee.. my hubby also can't recall just from the dept alone.

Oh, fast motion is the pic with the man running rite?

Oh, me not from RSN.. i know my hubby through work when he quitted RSN and joined DSTA. We belonged to CSO division then. That was in year 2000 liao.

U no longer in RSN?

Hi kk,

Welcome back! U can try the kgourment. The food not bad and they can do for 10+ pax [at least when I ordered for my office] just have to pay for the transportation lor

http://www.kgourmet.com/contact.html

Hi Tracy,
*Wave* Rayne misses his gf
happy.gif
he is on the road to recovery now. at least do not cough that badly. hopefully can go to lessons this sat...haiz..missed 2 classes liao. dunno whether they give make-up

joyce,

u can tell them u wan the make-up class as Rayne was sick..
we are attending the makeup class tis sat cos Leia missed the class last sun too..
wat time u gg? we at the 1pm slot.
poor baby
sad.gif
bb Leia sayang him.. hee

lh_jyc,

Hey, that's a good one for consideration! Last evening was thinking of sakae sushi home delivery for their customised combo set.

Kk,

their food is not bad but setup is nothing to rave about
happy.gif

Hi Tracy,
okie, will ask them whether can come for the makeup on this sat too ;p

lh_jyc,

Yooo why u wake up so early????

My girl wake up 330 am to play!! OMG! 5am drink milk then now kun.

Oh setup is ok lah.. just for a mini gathering
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">kk,
I ROD (not ORD as ladies do not need to do reservist) liao!

Just tell your DH that I was the small-sized batch girl of his senior, Kent Poh, same dept as Khoo and he'd probably know.

So he oso ORD already? Are both of u still in DSTA?</font>

<font color="0000ff">Baby Monitor

Is anyone using Baby Monitor? Which brand is good?
Heard that CORE is rather noisy and CHICCO's reception is not good at North area. PHILIPS and PIGEON seem to be very good. No idea about TOMY though. Pls give me some feedback as I'm thinking of getting a set. TIA</font>

bbloh,

i MSN with my hubby now haha.. he say he know who u are liao.. u keep short hair that time rite? Heehee..

Ya, we both joined DSTA in year 2000. I quitted liao and he is still there enduring haha.. i joined teaching for 2 yrs 7 mths already :p If considering NIE, i quitted dsta around 3+ yrs back.

Baby monitor we gave up haha.. bought one from kiddy palace.. reception very bad! Kept picking up other pple's conversations in the block. So we brought back to kiddy palace and asked for exchange of car seat.

Hmmm, in my opinion, actually bb monitor is not a need. Is ur bb sleeping in another room?

bbloh,

i have been using a bb monitor, the brand is tomy. so far finds it ok, although they will be some inference here and there.

hi bbloh,
i'm using philips-SKM7498NC. 100% interference free. Can adjust sound level, with roon temperature monitor, play lullabies (5), parents talk back ,switch on light,digital signal confirmation, all these using the menu function while you're away. Up to 300m range.So far quite happy with it
happy.gif

Dear Mummies...

Wat solid did you all feed your babies? My gal refuses to eat congee porridge! (She's 7 months now) She would either shut her mouth tight or give us the 'i m going to throw out' look
sad.gif

Any advise?
happy.gif

snowball,

u got add anything into the porridge? Maybe too plain and ur ger dun like.

Normally i would add meat and silver fish to make the porridge taste better.

My mum recently grounded silver fish into powder. Will try adding into porridge for cooking
happy.gif

Oh, at times i also added little bit of marmite into her porridge.

kk,

My mum cooked it with meat, think didnt add any fish...btw, wat is silver fish huh? isit 'gor fish' (in hokkien)? I also did try feeding her the si sen brown rice added with her milk powder..she also not too keen with that...(headache ah!) Hv your ger start teething? Mine hvg one tiny tooth growing out from her lower gum..very cute...Could it be the teething causing her refusal for solid?

snowball,

silverfish is ying2 yu2 in chinese
happy.gif
It is those small small fish, white in colour. To preserve its whiteness, it is advisable to store in the freezer compartment
happy.gif
Else it turns yellowish after some time. Hey, i myself love to eat silver fish porridge kekeke...

Ohh u do spoon feeding? I think my mil still feed her brown rice via bottle. My girl very weird, she dun take cereal through spoon feeding. She only take her porridge and other "rubbish" thru spoon.

Hmmm, but they tend to get sick of their food easily. Foe e.g. Brown rice cannot be fed twice a day. She will reject the 2nd time.

My mum ground the brown rice with si shen and my ger takes tat. I bought brown rice from eu yang seng and she rejected. Dunno why also.

Mine grow 2 bottom front teeth lohh.. that's why that time LS lor.. so worried that time. My mil say the effect of teething too strong for her, that's why she LS haha! She grow 2 teeth at the same time, and both same length :p

Oh teething can affect appetite.. but then, does ur ger reject milk? My ger doesn't lor. She loves her milk as per normal!

kk,

Initially we spoon fed her..but lately cos she refused to eat we switch to bottle feed. Yah Yah..she loves her milk too...she would finished her 6 oz milk in no time..
happy.gif

Other then brown rice cereal and porridge, wat else do you give your ger? Do u give those bottled baby food like Heinz?

kk, the ssw playmat is veri gd.shld invest. the one i have is 9mm thickness and its veri gd. u can come my hse to see if you wan

snowball,

My ger still take her food while teething, just that she LS lor. Luckily lasted for 1 day only after taking medicine from doc.

Yup, so far i gave her mainly heinz products. Heinz rice cereal, banana flavoured cereal.. jar food includes pumpkin, sweet potato, organic series.. not forgetting the juices too, apple juice, apple w prune juice.

For jar food, i really waste a lot of money on that, testing out different types on my ger and she accepts heinz readily
happy.gif
So i stick to heinz until now and not really out to try other brands like gerbers etc. Oh but there was once when she actually take gerbers apple w banana oatmeal via spoon feeding :p

Wow not bad wor, ur girl 7 mths taking 6 oz milk. Mine dropped sometimes to around 4 oz. But most of the times she would take 5 oz or so.

my_dodo,

Initially I thought of buying bumbo, but in the end, never. Maybe some mummies can give you better advises?

HI kk,

Welcome back...after looking at your NZ pic, I realised YJ looks more like her daddy hor?

Hi Ivy, Anna

Wow xavier and Kaelyn fell ill at the same time huh, no wonder they are a couple oh!
rofl.gif

fates,

Definitely!! And they looked exactly alike when she was a newborn. When she was being pushed into my room and i just woke up from GA, i saw her and said GOODNESS! EXACTLY LIKE DADDY! Especially that small mouth and chin.

But now got pple say look more and more like me :p i think it is her eyes.

Mummies

I NEED HELP!!

Does anyone of you have peranakan style decorative items or small furnishing that I can borrow for 1 day? Need it for filming purpose on 15 Dec.

Also, does anyone of you know how to or where to buy those peranakan decorative items or painting for glass to make it look bluish or greenish?

TIA!! Really headache now...

bbloh...

tq... Kaelyn is betetr today... NO more LS since last nite and this morning

Eileen ya

This is Not the first time they fall sick at the same time leh... kekeke...

SSL

wow.. filming... issiz on TV program?? if yes, den must inform us to watch the show hor

SS1,

Sorry can't help you leh.....have you look at LIMS for the peranakan decorative items? Btw what are you filming? *KPO*

Anna,

Yaloh......fated!
lol.gif

Orrrr yes I watched home decor 1 before....home decor 2 is the same rite? So Bryan Wong going to your house huh?

Star Awards
What do you all think of this year's show? I find it so funny leh.......how can Gurmit Singh say 'KNS' in front of national tv...
Somemore Mavis Hee forgot to announce who are the nominees for the newcomers award.

isabelzachmum,

My neighbour's home will be featured next monday..my neighbour was telling me it can be quite tiring thru'out the process with the preparation...so is Mark or Bryan doing your home ?

kk,
when would u feed ur ger the solid? morning? lunch? dinner time?
Did u change the teats size for the bottle feed of cereal? For me i m using pigeon bottle, have juz change to 'L' teats..dunno if it's too big hole for my ger...cos the bigger the hole the faster will b the milk flow right?

snowball,

for porridge and brown rice, it is afternoon. My mil will do that because she takes care of her on weekdays. For weekend afternoon, i will prepare porridge for her too.

For rice cereal, i add into her milk. So basically every feed she get the cereal. Not much, around 2 teaspoonsful every feed into bottle.

Oh sure.. my ger superscale.. jump from S size to M size (waited very long for the jump in size of teat and then use M for a few times only) then to L liao haha! She using pigeon teats. Now she also using L for water. But have to feed slowly cos water very fluid and scared she may choke.

Yup, definitely bigger hole bigger flow. My ger also started using L around 6++ mth or so.

fates,

Both incidents u mentioned i didn't catch sigh! Did gurmit really say that? I must ask hubby tonite cos he watched that part while i prepared milk for ger. My hubby hated him alot!!!!! I also no favour him so left the bedroom to prepare milk for ger haha!

Mavis Hee.. oh ya now then i recall... she straight away announce kelvin as the best newcomer rite?

hi missk, snowball

regards introducing solids, i feed my gal twice a day, once at 11am, the other in the afternoon. organic brown rice or potato, there are sides like banana, apple, raisins, oats etc. Like kk, my gal is receptive to heinz jar food, but i try to go home-made (not me, by my mum) and organic when possible. I feed using spoon. Never knew how to feed solid via bottle leh... After every meal, i will feed her water, and she will drink from spoon, or sometimes direct from the bowl! Think she is learning to be an adult!

On top of that, she has 5 feeds of bm every 3 hours roughly from 7am to 7pm. Each feed approximately 140ml to 180 ml. And lotsa water...

i think it's real scary and quite tiring on mummies now that our darlings are getting active!

my gal has been crawling and looking for things to put in her mouth - all the wrong things like newspaper, and garlic! (not that the garlic was on the floor, but she chanced upon it in a basket, and managed to get it out, and she was munching on it... and as expected, it tasted disgusting, and she cried)

The scarier part is when she stands, and keeps trying to move sideways or forward. I hate it when she accidentally falls on her head... I will be so worried... and i will hate myself for letting her fall... but i guess am slowly used to it... i will tell her that she fell herself, and so she should not be crying, and that she should learn from the fall! hehehehe... and of course i will always still be on standby in case she falls - she'll still have my support...

My only worry is that she may get quite bored... she only has 2 toys and flash cards... what toys have ya been getting your love?

Hi gals

Just to check, what type of powder. as in body powder. I am using the brand aromababy, very ex, $16 per bottle.Thinking of switching brand.

what are u gals using for the ur bb?

bookworm,
i am using J&amp;J. Cheap and good...

ss1,
when is your hse featured? Must tell us to watch. Dress up Isabel hor! haha...
So, who is doing ur house? Bryan or Mark?

Hi kk,

hehehee Coz me woke up to pump lor. then need to rush to wash the pumps n prepare for work and bring boy to mil place
happy.gif

kk,
You've got very nice pictures. Liked especially those that you took of Lake Tekapo - breath-taking. If only I could have my wedding at the church there.

my_dodo, I dun think it is worthwhile getting the bumbo now. It would be more useful when they were younger and still learning to sit. You'll prob get little use if you buy now, cos your little one will very soon learn how to struggle to free himself.

cp,
point taken. thanks
happy.gif

i was just thinking of a way to let her sit on her own, safely, while i'm doing other things. a seat which is very portable and light.
anyway, you're right, come to think of it, she can't sit still too long, he3....

Back