(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

hey yvonne, thanks for responding to my question. Wow..your bb sleeps from 7-7. Mine is also similar. So for milk, I can only squeeze in 5 feeds max. It's only a teeny weeny bit of brown rice cereal that I am feeding my son. I don't think he's enjoying it so much. At times, he's protesting. Is it because it's only brown rice? I haven't introduced him to other food though.

Yvonne, u only have 2 toys? Great, I find company. I don't have many toys too. You can consider buying her a leapfrog Little Touch.

Hi dodo,

Why not consider a walker or exersaucer? can keep her occupied while u do ur things. My boy cant last at the jumbo for long.

Bookworm,

Didn't use any body powder for my girl.. thought not encouraged to use?

Yvonne,

Actually i realised no need to buy lots of toys and expensive ones for bb. I intend to sell off my exesaucer when she grow bigger haha.. it is really a white elephant. She prefer cheap cheap toys.. i bought one small toy hammer for her to grab from kiddy palace.. and it makes noise too. Only $1.50 and she love it so much *faint* Expensive ones she throw aside. Buy toys which they can grab at this moment. They will find it more meaningful.

hi joyce,
yep.... i also put her in the walker, use a tie to pull it along, he3.
thought of bumbo seat because it's small, easy to carry anywhere.

buy the fp rocker chair. Can use till abt 1 year plus. I use it when I need to get things done and I also use it to feed him.

hi dodo,

i am using the bumbo for feeding at my place cos i left the feeding chair over at my mum's. Sometimes will put him inside to play with rattle when i need to do things for a while.

Think Xavier only like it when he is 6 mths old. Before that he was sitting in a very odd postition and seems to be back for his spine so i din dare to use again till now.
As the rubber are quite tight around his legs, there is no way he could struggle out ( although he tried to at times...hee..)

My boy dun like bumbo, exersaucer, feeding chairs at all! He only like the walker. He can move with vry high speed in forward, backward, right,left...got to watch at him most time cos too fast liao.

I m gg Hkg during christmas, anyone been there during the period? Can advise on the weather? how should I dress my boy...Is sweater enough?

Qoosan,

I didn't have the bumbo. Since my ger has sumo legs, i dunno how long she can sit in it, so i didn't buy :p

For exesaucer, short attention span. Can't put her there for long. My colleague said she can put her ger in it for half an hour while she work on her pc at home. But doesn't work on mine! The most 10 min :p

High chair.. she may scream like crazy or even CRY OUT LOUD wahaha!

Walker.. she also dun like.. she dunno how to move around in it yet! Sometimes walk backwards only. Maybe my walker too heavy :p

I can check for u for HK. My hubby's friend permanently there after wedding 2 yrs back. He got a HK wife
happy.gif

KK,
Thanks ya! do check for me
happy.gif
I worry baby cloth not thick enough for my boy.

Walker
happy.gif

Have you ever watched how crab walking?? My boy walk like one to the left n right kekeke...

missk,
I didnt bot the rocker cos at the time bb already few months old, scared it did not last long.

Hi Qoosan

Just realised you also belong to May 06 thread.
I met up with you in GWC last Sun. Thks for meeting me. I thk your baby is bigger than mine :p

I was in HK early Dec 2004. Weather still ok, just need a cardigan or jacket, no need 3-4 layers of clothings. I thk 1 sweater and a long sleeve inside is enough. Enjoy your trip!

Eve,

Ya rite, I went NZ recently and for temperatures below 15 degrees, i was still in a thin cashmere sweater only :p I even only had my spaghetti on! I didn't bring any long sleeves.

For qoosan, perhaps more is neeed for the bb as they cannot tahan cold like us
happy.gif

kk,

Thanks for your compliments...
smile.gif

Most pple said she got daddy's big eyes, overall she looks more like daddy...many said she look like ang moh and even asked if hubby is ang moh..
biggrin.gif

I saw ur ger's pic b4, she's very adorable too...
kao_wink.gif

Do u find that our bb grows very fast nowadays?

Hi KK,
Just saw ur hubby's fren reply, Thanks
happy.gif

eve74sg,
Didn't know that u r in this thread also
happy.gif

My boy was born early in April then, that's y bigger. but then, he is a low weight bb when born, only 2.48kg at birth (36wks +).

thanks for ur advice on hkg weather, hopefully twd year end the temperature will not drop too much! Did u shop ard? I think should hav nothing to buy right caused now is winter season.

Hi Missk

My bb took abt 2 weeks to reali get the hang of eating... Prob you can try adding something to the brown rice like banana? or raisin? Perhaps you need to add more water? or if you have fed ur bb brown rice for more than 4 days, try potato or normal rice, see if he is receptive. Believe you can judge from there

paging for qoosan!

do u still have the ameda valves? need to get them from u...yup...it's valves, not bellows this time round. can pm me? thks.

dear mummies

my gal is also rejecting food....cereal, milk, etc. It seems worse off this wk as she only consume average 500ml a day of milk and half bowl or cereal or porridge.

any one got any gd suggestions what kind of food i can try? so far i tried heinz rice cereal, brown rice, she seems to be taking, after after half a pack its really a struggle to feed her. Dunno if its because she only wants new food.

oh, did u add fruits to the cereals? How old is your bb now? Have you started oats? How abt trying this recipe?

Fruity Porridge

Take 2 tablespoons of oats, cover with a tiny bit of water, microwave for 20 seconds, then add mashed banana and some pureed apple.

Very filling and very tasty! Mmmmmmm!

thks missk, will try your recipe.

i tried healthy times oats but she dislike it. will cry and cry.

thk overall my gal is a picky eater....She will be 7 mths tomorrow. even milk we have problem feeding her. sometimes when she cries, i try not to force feed her, but also afraid she have not enough proteins.

lol ...my son doesnt quite like ht brown rice too. But I havent introduced him to other food yet. Will try sweet potato next. Have u tried sweet potato? R u breastfeeding?

hey ladies,

so the gathering on 16th is postponed right? I'm ok with 30th too.

Re: teething

Seems like quite a number of babies are growing tooth/teeth already huh.. my girl still no signs of a single stump yet! hahah..but her poor mummy ME is growing my wisdom tooth!..how funny if both mother and baby are growing teeth at the same time! ;)

re: bumbo

Ariel hates to be in it when she was younger. But now she seems to sit quite comfortably in it. We can just leave her in the bumbo and she will just self-entertain for 10-15 mins.. but nowadays she love to throw herself backwards. scary! so scared she will knock her head on the ground. Agree with the mummies that bumbo will not last for long..esp when they get bigger, they will struggle to get out of it! @_@

Teething

hahaha lil kaelyn is still toothless. Not a sight of the little white spot. Oh no wisdom tooth.. *Ouch* *Ouch*\

toothless Pix of lil Kaelyn

614969.jpg

My ger also like to throw herself backwards when placed in the bumbo, she can only be in it for abt 5 to 10 mins, afterwhich she will get bored and start her 'noise' engine..
kao_sticktongue.gif

Not sure if it's becos of teething that's my ger become grouchy, hardly smile
uhoh.gif
nowadays.

mummies,
enjoy the toothless time...Xavier's 5th and 6th teeth are out and his fave activity is to pull my finger and bite! Ouch!

Sponge,
Hee...all my wisdom is taken away with the extraction of 4 wisdom teeth a few years back.

wen,

i think now that rashes are popping, best to stop using wipes for the time being. try cotten with warm water.

Why is the thread soooo quiet now huh! :p

Wen,
Try Desitin Creamy....power!

Ivy,
Good hor? Xav got so many tooth popping out. My boy still bo gay
lol.gif

"All I want for Christmas is his 2 froont teeth, his 2 front teeth!" Hahahhaa

My baby also bo gay, but always sucking his thumbs and fingers, machiam teething, but I everytime I check, nothing leh. But anyway, good that he's still bo gay, cos dun want him to bite me when nursing...evil mummy...

CP,

U mean ur BB always sucking his thumb all the time? my boy is like tht,sucking his thunmb bcome his habit already,he jus dun like pacifier, though i pull his thumb out,later he'll put in again...

hello fairysnowberry

I am using Healthy Times. I havent started oats yet yah although I already bot it. Now using brown rice. How abt u?

Mummies...
Hi! Finally the filming and mess is over!! Phew...really tiring... Does anyone of you have DVD recorder? Can help me record the bai jia le program on 8 Jan?

missk,

me also using healthy times. find it not bad
happy.gif
only tried the oatmeal and brown rice. went on sat to stock up on barley and multigrain. hope kaeden likes it as well

hi cp,
my gal gal also bo gay...nowadays i give her teether to bite (i love the combi teether...thin and easy to grip...plus can sterilize and comes in a casing...)as well as teething gel to soothe her gums. found her gums a bit swollen...my mummy says it's a sign that she's teething...hee

hi isabel,
hope u won! coz can get to keep all the nice nice furniture. ;-) btw, how do we noe it's u? wat were u wearing?

my gal is ok with HT brown rice, but not the oats one. now i am trying getting 2nd box of heinz rice cereal, hope she likes it. yes, it ried pureed pumpkin with porridge and she loves it. i find that she may like new food for a while, after that will reject. Are your babies like that too?

i guess she is teething now as she drools more than before. My gal wakes up quite early every mroning about 6-7am and will always cry for attention...shiong. Daytime, ehr nap can range from half hr to abt 1.5 hrs, quite short hor?

milo, yah ..not too bad too. What other food have u introduced?

eva, when will your bb start rejecting the food?

Haiz, my bb is an early riser too! And his nap also around that range.

Race & Ino,
Yah, he likes to suck his thumbs plus his fingers, and recently found his toes too. But he has been sucking his thumb and drooling a lot for the past 2 months, and still no sign of teeth. But actually I think bo-gay looks cuter..hee hee...

Hihi MissK,

I thought u gave the recipe for Oats porridge earlier - the one about boiling 2 tbsp of Oats with banana and apple puree?

Taht's why I had the idea that you tried oats for your bb already.

I havent bought any oats yet. Like u, still giving my son brown rice. But sometimes i mix with white rice.

<font color="0000ff">kk,
My hair is both long and short that time. Maybe your DH always see me in short hair as I always tie them up.

As regards to baby monitor, I intend to let bb sleep in another room when he's older. Now looking for one before the GST increases next year.

milo &amp; littletot,
Thanks for your feedback on TOMY and Philips SKM7498NC. Could not find any info on the Philips model on the website though but I saw that Kiddy Palace is selling the set at $249 IIRC. Seems like it's a good model.

Re: Teething
My boy's got 4 teeth now and last Saturday, he gave me a VERY hard bite on my left side and it's very painful now (got bruise). Sob sob! Hope that the wound will heal fast or else, I cannot breastfeed him (got phobia).

Nursing mummies, treasure the "boh gay" moments NOW before the little toothy emerges!</font>

bbloh....OUCH! I feel pain for you manz!
biggrin.gif

Actually bbs look damn cute when they are bo gay hor? So now I am treasuring the moments! Hehee...

Hi SS1,
We will tune in to HOme Decor 2, and hope you are the one who won
happy.gif

Back