(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Chenoa,

Sorry, I also not too sure abt the actual procedures as I only heard CC's PIC (person-in-charge) mentioning when my hubby asked abt the subsidy for full-time tutors.

Hunnie,
I took the Foto-U package too when Reanne turned 1yo. What's your new job like? Going back to sales line or deskbound job? Quite good hor, they are willing to wait 2 months for you coz nowadays most jobs require to start work immediately.
 


Hey Hunnipot,

Depending on the video cam you use, if you use those dedicated video cam, more troublesome, as you need to convert it to poorer webstreaming quality (else it will be too big). But if you capture the video with your camera, you can upload directly. Just upload to www.youtube.com. My videos are all there. And once it's uploaded, they will give you the html code to paste onto your blog, then voila! It's on your blog for all to see!
 
bblim,
oh....Person in charge....I thought maybe PIC is some sort lawyer specialing in Private Investigation and Civil cases ... wahahaha .... me too imaginative liao.
embarrassed.gif
 
Hey hey gals,

I just received my leg warmers from babylegs.net, find it really cute and useful for Amanda.. will like to order some more from the website itself: www.babylegs.net

I ordered the longer ones for her, 39 cm and has got quite abit of space left (moreover Amanda is pretty tall).. do let me know if any of you want to order.. it will be via direct shipping (USPS: USD11), the last time I ordered these with a friend, it works out to be $23.50 for the longer ones and $21 + for the normal ones.. let me know if you all want to order.. collection via postage or collect form my place at Toa Payoh
 
Hi Su,

Okies.. so that means you just direct copy the the html code from youtube and paste it on blogspot? I dont really know how to do it for friendster blog.. but will be switching to blogspot soon.. thanks for the info
happy.gif


bblim

How do you find the fotou thingie? My new job ah.. neither sales job or deskbound hehe.. try not to go back into sales again.. cannot tahan the long hours esp now that I have Amanda.. thought you are thinking of going back to work?
 
Su,
No wonder youtube refuse to upload my video after I have change my camera. My camera takes better quality video, haha. Do you have any idea how to convert video to a lower quality?

Love your boy pictures, he is so handsome. Hope you dun mind if I add you to my blog so that I can go back and read what you have written.

Hunnie, what is your blog URL?
 
Su
Saw that your boy has his own little bed. So he's ok to sleep there? How long has he been sleeping on the bed? Is it safe?

I also been thinking of getting one for my boy.

Another side note: Can your boy sleep by himself already? or u still need to accompany him to sleep?
 
Re: Shichida class
Hi mommies, morning.

Can I've some feedback on how you find your toddler has gained from the shichida class?
 
Hey Hunniepot,

Can I have your blog url too?
happy.gif
btw, have you been doing home practice with Amanda? I am slacking! help! Ruixiang does not seem very interested in the shichida's flashcards, dunno whether it's because it's all cartoons...
sad.gif


Koalarie,

right now, cannot see any output from Ruixiang after the class, but the principal did mentioned that the first year is all input, then only after that there's output from them.

Terrier,

No, my boy hasn't starting sleeping on the bed yet. He's sleeping on a queen size mattress placed on the floor. Dunno how to transfer him to the bed, think will probably only do so when he's 1.5 years old... he has a tendency to roll here, roll there on the queen mattress, scared he would fall off the bed if he tries to do the same!

My boy has starting sleeping on his own in the sense that I don't need to nurse, and we dun need to pat him anymore.. he will roll around until he doze off, though we still stay by his side and observe him.
happy.gif
 
Hi Su,

Sure.. but you dont accept PM though...

I havent been doing home practise too.. kinda lazy.. but have been trying to put in more effort this week.. have done it 3 times so far.. I stopped using shichida cards already.. I use my own materials and Amanda seems more interested leh.. did you buy the maths ones? I got my own from elsewhere, and Amanda drifts off after awhile..
 
mag wise - isaac has been using ikea one (green color) comes with the bowl and the cup it was a gift from my sister when i'm preggie! hahaa.

err is not soft and not spill free, but isaac has been using it well together with meals. so he will take the mug ask you to put water for him to drink.

SU i love yr blog and yr camera so clear and nice
happy.gif
dt worry you are not over addict over yr darling.

my colleague once say before marriage.. all your tables will filled with pic of u and yr bf from tour.. then marriage it will filled with pics of ROM and marriage pics..

after birth.. husband is forgotten only yr children photos will be ard or family pic hahahaa...
 
<font color="ff6000">su</font>
i like yr blog too, and those pics from studioloft are really really nice
happy.gif


<font color="ff6000">baby bed</font>
i've also been thinking of letting K sleep in a toddler bed. she still sleeps in her cot (normal type with bars, and one side slides up and down) but it can actually be adjusted to become a toddler bed (remove sliding side and fit on a 'half' railing) but i'm afraid she'll roll off cos she's quite an active sleeper. i'm not so scared that she'll wake up and get down and play by herself in her room cos her room is pretty child-safe. my friend's kid started sleeping in a regular sized single bed before he was one cos she said he would toss and turn and bang the sides of his cot which would wake him up. one side of his bed is against a wall and on the other side, she put a toddler bed guard rail. however, their maid sleeps in his room so i guess she (the kid's mother) has peace of mind.

i took K to ikea the other day and she was really enchanted with the kids' beds that have a leaf/sail canopy over them. she kept climbing into the beds and lying down!!
 
Hey Hunniepot,
I have changed my email setting, should be able to accept PM now.
happy.gif


Hey momyam,
Haha, your colleague is so right.. and I feel that too, am abit guilty that the hubby doesn't seem as important now.. :p at least at my work area.


Hey miu66,
The bed is actually also a convertible bed, but I am thinking maybe not to give it to him afterall, just in case no. 2 comes along and I have to take it back from him. :p so might be getting from Ikea eventually, when I am more comfortable letting him sleep on the bed. We were at Ikea last sat, and oh yes, just like K, Ruixiang ran around and was so interested in the beds!
happy.gif
 
Huni, what's your blog?

Heeheee...yes yes I was inspired by Su's pics from studioloft to get some pics taken there. So any mommies interested? Btw, those who have taken from foto-u, are they good and which photographers u took with?

Sleeping on own bed.
Keziah still sleeps in the cot after she falls asleep on our bed. Well one fine day I fell asleep too and dunno how she suddenly rolled off the King size bed in her sleep with daddy who juz returned witnessing it. So I guess she'll juz be in the cot for awhile and prob on a mattress on the fall.
 
Hunni,

Wow, abit challenging ler your clues. Not sales nor deskbound. Then frontline ar???

Re Foto-U
My experience with David was quite alrite. Except dat I felt the photoshoot was abit short, whole session only ard 1h30mins for everything including makeup, hairdo etc and my gal seemed sort of cannot meet his expectations as she could only give him a smile when most of the times he wanted a big grin.
sad.gif
Thou I personally would like to capture all different expressions of hers other than juz a big smile.
 
bblim,
3 plus am still awake ah??? did you just finish baby dancing? :p next yr is RAT leh....OX still too early lah! hahaha
 
Shall we talk about what DVDs / VCDs are suitable for our kids?

YY is sian of her BB Einstein, thinking of getting some new ones, but dunno what to get. Any recommendations?
 
Su & Su

PM you liao..

bblim,

Hehe.. will let you know in due course
happy.gif


As for FotoU, I just find that he doesnt really make full use of the 2 hours for the photoshoot.. my hubby also at fault lar.. both of them kept talking about wrestling and soccer.. instead of snapping fotos.. and he didnt seem to try hard enough to capture shots of my girl wearing hats and hair clips.. he only agreed to try to take shots of her in a headgear only after I insisted and as for hair clips, he just said it is not possible to do it as my girl will take it off.. he didnt even try...

I want to plan for a baby rat.. as my hubby is a rat too..

cheona,

My girl loves the following vcds:

Baby Signing Time
My Baby can read
Baby bumble bee
Wheels on the bus
Tiny Love magiq

I just purchased this set of chinese vocab vcds.. quite interesting.. as in they will teach them abt the origins of the chinese characters.. Im trying to look out for those which teaches the origins of the chinese idioms.. dont know whether they have it or not
 
babe,

As for baby legs, it helps to keep the legs and arms of babies warm.. cos we sleep in air con at night, or when we are out in air con places.. it is convenient to just let them wear the babglegs instead of wearing a jacket or pants over when they are already wearing.. and it looks cute too.. however, heard that mum&babes at united square are selling per pair for $24.90, if we were to order from the website directly, for eight pairs, it is about $21+ each including shipping costs
 
<font color="ff6000">baby legs</font>
hunnie, thanks for explaining! i like the way they look but was also wondering about the usage. is it hot? there is someone doing a BP for tights and footless leggings from japan, pics look cute, i was also thinking abt getting that.

<font color="ff6000">baby vcds</font>
K's fave vcds are Elmo's World and Wheels on the Bus. she used to like Baby Signing Times but now not so interested. i'm thinking of getting some Hi-5 vcds too cos she likes to watch it sometimes at 12.30pm on kids central.
 
miu66,

I have just gotten the babylegs, havent yet try it on her.. but it is ok, not very thick, perhaps as thick as most socks.. for me will come in handy, cos Amanda is always in either rompers or sleeveless tops.. so she can get cold sometimes esp when in aircon environment, but think for our kids, will be good to get the longer versions, 39 cm type..
 
hi hi mummies,

my girl is ON to Baby Songs, got 5 dvds... her eyes will stick to the tv whenever we play it. she can sit on her mattress alone, so that's the quiet side of her lah...

she's not really interested of BB Einstein, except baby macdonald, baby da vinci.... wasted money to get the set...

wonder can me borrow Baby signing times from you all?
 
My baby is only stucked on Baby signing times. Other things she don't like to watch. Aiya, dunno how to let her learn more thru that.
 
Hi Ladies
Gd morn..National Day is around the corner, any intentions of bringing ur little one to any place interesting? I'm quite sian of bringing Ivec to only shopping centres as there's nothing education..hee..instead, will encourage the mommy to spend $$ only

RE: Fave programmes
Ivec loves watching Signing Times..that's the only prog that can glue him to his seat..not even Bb Einstein, Brainy Baby etc...Beside that, he will stop what he's doing to watch advertisments..though i tried not to let him watch too much tv...

RE: MMI
Anyone has any feedback on MMI?? I decided to sign Ivec for MMI full day Child care..they opened a new centre near my place..really excited abt sending him there..though i know my in laws are really sad abt this decision as they r taking care of him full time now.
 
Bought a "100 Toddlers Songs and Rhymes" DVD to try on her yesterday. She seems quite amused at the animations. It's cheap ...only $7, and the production is quite good, although the printing on the cover and the disc looks low quality (pirated?).

Think she likes songs / music DVDs. Anyone tried Mommy & Me Playgroup Favourites?
 
KJ love Hi5, fun song factory, mickey mouse club house, anything on sesame street. He loves Danny and Daddy and all those short show. However, he was not interested in our advertisement or show. I also never let him watch any education show.

I have baby can read but dunno where I keep already. KJ was not interested at all.
 
draik,

Amanda was not interested in My baby can read initially, so I kept it somewhere till I almost forgot about it.. took it out a few months ago and she was hooked.. maybe you can try it again?
 
Chenoa,

Haha, BD how i wish lor. Was online searching for materials lar. Dat's the only hours when I can surf in peace. As for now, decided to check for updates on my spree thingy after waking up for toilet.

Re: BB Educational DVDs

My gal enjoys watching Sesame Street at 9am and Hi-5 at 12.30pm. She watches them from Mon-Fr if she is awake. She will dance and insist I do the Hi-5 with her during the Hi-5 show. I sing n do the actions of this "Stop and Go" song which they sang on the show some time ago and now she will oso do the stop sign whenever I sing "Stop". She likes Barney too, esp the "I Love U" and "If u are happy" songs. She will kiss me once she hears the "I love u" and stamp her feet when hearing the latter.
happy.gif
Cham liao, somehow I am feeling more & more "addicted" to her. Told my DH dat mayb I will miss her for the few hours when she starts going to playgroup at 18mths rather than vice versa. Aiyo, has been thinking of working coz $$$ really a seductive temptation ler. But hmmm, have many considerations. Dat's y only still at "thinking" stage until now and no actions yet.

Thanks, Reiner for your help. Luckily din waste $$$ buy the BB Einstein dvds. Reanne is not keen in them at all. However, the "Your Baby Can Read" still manage to retain her interests.
 
Flashing of Educational Cards

Has anyone really see visible results on your little ones after doing it consistently? I am still figuring out the most suitable and comfortable but effective way for both Reanne and me. Haiz coz really cannot keep up with GD recommended method. Thinking of it already made me stressed liao. Am currently doing the Pictures, Words & Dots cards. Rules: Cannot flash all in a session. Gotta be 15mins apart each. N muz flash 3x a day for 5? or 7? days. Juz only the Pics cards gotta add on 10 cards each day until 10 categories then can retire.

Adds up to 10sessions a day x 10secs per session x 900secs (15mins apart) x 3times a day = 270,000secs/60 = 4,500mins/60 = <font color="ff0000">75hours</font>????

Dat's crazy right. Where got so much time a day??? Or did I interpret wrongly somewhere on the GD methods? Can someone who knows of this program pls advise me?
 
terrier,
I bought from Giant. Got other "100 ..." titles as well. But note that the songs are not really complete versions, and they run continuously within approx 30min.

Is the Baby Can Read free with IQ Gain the same as the retail set? Anyone has the IQ Gain set to sell away?
 
chenoa,

It rings a bell now. Tink I saw that at Carrefour too some time ago. Wanted to get dat too but the sales assistant warned me dat they are not full versions. So ended up buying the Montessori ones instead as I prefer full songs.
 
bblim,
ya, a little disappointed that the songs are all very short but within 30mins can get to hear so many songs is not bad lor. Am reminded of some songs I sang before in kindergarten ... Have no complains since my objective is to keep her entertained while i feed her. It does its job well. In fact, I think it's good that the pace is fast as it grabs YY's attention, she'll open her mouth when the scene/song changes. kekeke
 
i kw i very bo liao.. but HAPPY NATIONAL DAY IN ADVANCE..
happy.gif


anyone bringing the little ones to see the parade or fireworks?
 
Yes, yes, me planning to... But any suggestions on where will be the best spot to view with reasonable walking distance and not too crowded, the best? Last time we (without kid)used to go Sheares Bridge?? near Marina but the crowd was scary. So abit worried if were to bring my gal along this year.
 
bblim,

Last year we went to Raffles Place, just next to HSBC building.. it was ok there.. not very crowded.. regretted walking over to One Fullerton after that.. the crowd was so scary.. cant even move out of the crowd.. think I remember 1 person fainted somemore
 
Happy advance National Day to all mommies!!

RE: National Day Parade
Attended twice in the past yrs while still in courtship..but my hub detest the crowd & the trouble that we hv to take..heheh...so havent been going in these 2 yrs..mabbe when Ivec is older then we will bring him along..so at least he can understand ..now, think he will be super cranky.
 
HI HI everybody,

If anybody got extra 'BABY CAN READ' from IQ Gain,can sell to me too? Tks


I found 2 jobs aridi. So happy but also abit sad.

1 of then is my old job, they willing to take me back.

2nd job is a investment selling type. Earn on Commission. Company quite new in Singapore. Got to work on weekends. But got 2 days off on weekdays. Not too sure If I able to survive in this job & will the company survive too...
 
Hi ladies,

Happy National Day!!!

Re: NDP
I used to be able to see the fireworks from my kitchen window. But since last year, HDB built 6 blocks of new flats near my block. Now my fireworks view is block by one of those flats.
angry.gif
So angry. I'm a firework siao but now cannot see from home.
sad.gif
 



Back
Top