(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Hi Chenoa
Thanks for your compliment that you posted last sat. Same as you, think my breasts are much smaller than pre-bf days, *sob*sob*, that now I'm even worried abt bf for my next bb. Remember during my first pregnancy, my boobs already started to expand during the first 3 months, but now is not the case. Wonder whether the other pregnant mommies got similar case now?

Congrats Des for having a princess this time! Heehee....so now left Babe and I still dunno our bb's gender. Babe, did you manage to get a CL in the end?

Feeling so tired nowadays, my boy demands constant attention from me, but I'm so tired, still suffering from my pregnancy sickness.
 


Lots of posting, got to catch up...

Anybody wants to buy OLD NAVY online? I got 10% discount code with FOC USA Shipping. If there are many pp interested, I can set up a spree for all of us...

Just bought Riz for his MMR injection too. Was told fever only comes from the 3rd - 2weeks. Wow so long!

Does any1 of yr baby sleeping pattern chg again? Riz is now sleeping less. Always got dark ring under his eyes but he don't want to Zzzz.
 
Tracy,

Better monitor Enya more closely now.. Amanda just recovered from a 1.5 weeks long fever, the fever kept going up and down, the highest hit was 39.7 degrees, and her throat was so painful till she fasted for 1 week, and was not interested in even drinking milk and almost got warded cos she was dehydrated.. give Enya lots of water during this time now..
 
Terrier, yes yes..boobs now smaller than pre pregnancy days when it's already small to start off..boo hoo...Haha, same here, for 2nd preg I didn't even feel sore breasts at the start when I did with #1 and also till now still wearing usual bra. I got a CL but it's ex!!!! Her regular rates is $2k and will not be doing for CNY. Hope this one will decide to see the world a wk or so earlier..haha....dunno possible to get NEW YEAR bb with #1 being 5 days late.
 
Hunnie,

Ya, I have told her nanny to monitor her fever. What she do is give her the fever medicine even when she is ok. Just to prevent it from coming back. But after taking the medicine, she is so tired. No mood to play also. Her fever is also up and down. Down when she took medicine. Up the highest especially in the night.

Like what you said, she started to fast. Only drank 40ml of milk just now. Dun even want to eat porridge. But she wants bread. I think it's teething and flu that are causing all this.

Pd never give antibiotics. Just fever and running nose medicine. Hope she recover soon.
 
Hi babe
I oso hope that my bb this time would come out early and naturally. Otherwise so near to CNY. my CL said she will go back for CNY celebration for 3 days. That'll leave us alone to handle ourselves.
 
Des,

CONGRATS on having a princess too!! i do agree that the temptations are so great when u see the gals clothes, me have been resisting temptations!! haha


Petite,

if u doing a spree, pls keep me in the loop. Thanks!!
 
<font color="0000ff">Rach</font>,

I will be having another OLD NAVY SPREE #12 & Gap #5 comming up on Tue Nite.... Will keep all of you inform. Can start browsing the website. I so tempted to buy gal stuffs but mine is a boy!

HI <font color="0000ff">Tracy</font>, Hope yr gal recover soon too. You too take lots of rest.

My boy just went for MMR injection. This few days feeling uncomfortable. Eat and drink less. Sigh!
 
Petite,

Enya's fever shot up to 38.9 just now. Luckily pd gave me Nerofen (for high fever) to stand by. Now she is sleeping with the cool pad on her forehead.

I guess you have to monitor your boy. Pd told me that some bb will get fever after 4 days - 1 week time for this MMR jab.

I also want to join your spree. Will go see see look look now.
 
Hi Tracy

Talk abt cooling pad, not sure if you know abt this product. My hubby bought this set of big cooling pad from a shop at KK hospital. One is a pillow whereas the other is a bigger piece for bb to lay on. The coooling pad contains some sort of cooling liquid. We use these when my boy got fever, let him sleep on so as to cool down the temperature. Then no need to do sponging.

My friend told me can find the similar bigger piece at homefix, and I saw one at Seng Siong too.
 
<font color="0000ff">terrier</font>,

sound cool!, any brand and how much does it cost. If got pic to see, even better.

<font color="0000ff">Tracy</font>, Ya boy! I always hv to monitor him. That wat the nurse told me. bet 3rd day-2weeks, fever can come... I stress when I am sleeping.
lol.gif


If there are mnay of us want to join my spree, I can create a private spree for us. So need not worry abt no slots left. Hee Hee. Anymore??
 
petite, I am interested too..keep me in the loop..if u dun mind pm me coz I sometimes no time chk thread...thks..

Terrier, yes yes agree...have to wait so long more to know gender..now I aching all over and numb lower body and some cramps...arghhh...btw, how much is ur CL? same CL as for no.1?
 
hello everyone...
greetings from HONG KONG... tot life will be so nice here.. you know eat and shop... but no leh... everyday gotta study and got test... slp like few hours only... so tired... and we live near the airport so going to town takes abt 1 hr plus... by the time get there so tired liao.. so didn't do much shopping as i expected... but i will be going to town shopping soon cos i bio quite alot of nice shoes..... shoes..... shoes............
i miss my bb sooo much... the first day i was here i cried and cried myself to slp.. but now after 2 weeks i'm getting used to it. when i call home and she calls me mama... my heart melt lor... you know wat i mean??? still got 5 plus weeks till i get home leh...... anyway you girls take care ok...
 
Hi Strawberry,

Cheer up, gal and 5 weeks will be over very soon.
happy.gif
Good for you lor, finally managed to overcome your struggle of having to be separated with your gal for so long. Doubt I will be able to do the same as I still remember the previous time when I went Taipei without my gal when she was 4mths old, I cried every single day there and everytime whenever I did the expressings and when we called home.
 
<font color="0000ff">Strawberry</font>, glad that you are alrite. Don't worry, time will pass very fast and who nods you are back here aridi. Enjoy yr shopping. If I am not wrong, HKG sales coming up...
 
Babe
Yah, I also started having backaches too...

My No.1 CL refused to work during CNY. It's so difficult to find CL for that period. The new CL cost $2.6K, n requested to go back for 3 days during CNY, which she only just told me last week. Now I just wish everything can go smoothly.
 
Boo Hoo mommies, it is such a bad start for Monday morning. My gal fell down the stairs. Left her sitting there on the stairs just 1 step to the ground to juz turn on the steriliser in the corner. Then who knows "boom" she fell and hit the marble floor. Was crying so badly...Dun even how she fell and where she hit herself. Couldn't find red marks or bumps...feeling so bad now...
 
Terrier, ya been having disturbed sleep due to that. Backache like sometimes tummy cramps and numb legs..it's on 15 weeks!!!
 
My gal started runny nose yesterday, 'thanks' to her mommy and daddy. Originally intending to bring her for MMR this week, is it necessary to wait till her runny nose no more then can jab?
 
hi chenoa,

my ds also running nose now and pd say prefer to wait till he recover. i think some pd are ok to go with it if the flu is not so bad. Normally PD will check the condition.

Hi terrier
the cooling pad looks cool. where u bought it fm?
 
Hi cheona,

My girl was due for her MMR jab earlier this month but she was ill, so I postponed it till 1 week after she recovers as recommended by the PD
 
Hi cheona,

Thanks for asking
happy.gif
She has fully recovered.. got phobia of her falling ill since that time she was ill for 1.5 mths.. hope YY recovers soon!
 
Hi terrier,

the cooling pad looks good. Will try to get it if I have the time. Just brought Enya to pd again this morning.

Her fever didn't subside after so many days. So pd order a blood test. Thank God it's not dengue. Just virus infection. Very bad block nose and slight ear infection. He finally gave us antibiotics. If by Wed fever still dun subside that got to go and see him again.

I'm like zombie now. So tired. Later still must wake her up at 12mn for medication.
 
90% of apr mommies are in perpetual hibernation, balance 10% lost for words, and those expecting again are engaged in their new threads of excitment I guess.

To make this thread alive again, the 90% has to come out from under the blanket lor.
 
petite,

Thanks for asking
happy.gif
My girl is alright liao..

This thread is like a dead town.. literally can hear the mosquitoes buzzing away..
 
hi ladies

yeah..i was thinking where did everyone go..where is our past active thread? Hmm,..guess many ladies are expecting & might be participating in o threads ..hee
Anyway, any one has any idea whether too many raisins will induce phemgh? Opps...wrong spelling
 
some update. I've graduated! After a month of weaning YY onto milk formula, I can now proclaim the end of my nursing days. Well....almost lah....'cos she still in habit (in the process of curbing) to suckle after bathing, comfort only.

btw, who's still total bfeeding ah? Hunni?
 
Maybe SAHM should post what we feed our baby for lunch and dinner everyday. And FTWM post what they eat for lunch and dinner. Then everybody will have idea what to eat and feed. Then the thread will not be so deeeeeead. Is that boring?

I feed KJ maggi mee for lunch today. It was raining, and when I am about to cook some rice, I realise that I run out of rice. So I cook some mee without the seasoning. I eat Mcdonald myself.
 
Twinkle
My hubby bought the cooling pads at a shop in KKH.

Shylyn
I do give my boy rasins on and off, so far okie leh. Sometimes, I add into his breakfast oatmeal.
 
Hi ladies,

I just came back for the hospital. Enya was admitted for 2 days for mild bronchitis. Poor girl has to suffer the pain of drips and suction of the phlegm. Cry everytime she sees a nurse, even if they are tending to the children next to her.
 
Hi cheona,

Yeps, Im still TBF.. dont know how to stop.. how did you do it?

twinkle,

Havent yet! Start in Sept
happy.gif
You started your new job liao?

Shylyn,

My girl has raisins for her lunch and dinner EVERYDAY.. will peel half a raisin and place it in her spoon b4 she will eat.. so far so good..

Tracy,

Totally understand what you went thru.. Amanda has bronchitis twice so far liao.. do take care
 
hello everyone!! have not posted for a super duper long time, have been so busy with baby, project work and i'm also expecting
happy.gif
MS was very bad this time, so was also very tired initially.

<font color="ff6000">BF</font>
been trying to wean K off slowly since she turned 1. finally had to really do it when i found out i was expecting cos nipples were so sore. now she only needs to "suck suck" during afternoon nap (somemore she knows how to ask now), otherwise she takes FM morning and afternoon. to all mummies who are still TBF, i think you all are fantastic!!
proud.gif


<font color="ff6000">meals</font>
K basically eats what we eat nowadays - rice, noodles, dishes etc. she even ate my bak chor mee yesterday and a lot of bbq ribs when we went to kenny rogers roasters! i try to give her a lot of fruit cos she's usually not keen on our adult veges. she is addicted to grapes and can eat >10 at one time if we don't stop her. we took her on her 1st trip to BKK last wk, and luckily she managed quite well eating soup noodles, rice with chicken etc.

<font color="ff6000">tracy</font>
sorry to hear abt yr girl's hospital stay. poor thing, hope she's feeling better now. you've gotta stay positive so that she can feel positive too
happy.gif


<font color="ff6000">mosquito patch</font>
i've been quite paranoid abt this dengue thing so recently when i take K downstairs for a walk or whatever, i stick a patch on her t-shirt. does any one else do that or am i too kan cheong?
 
hi Draik and hunni,
RE: bf
It's good that you can keep up with it, although I believe that it'll be more difficult to stop as they get older. At this age, YY already know how to snuggle up, rub mouth against the chest and even try to push the T-shirt up when want milk. Think given a few more months, she can self-service liao. My friend who's still bfing her 2.5yr old daughter before and after work hours says her daughter will even select which breast she wants to suck on. She bfed through her 2nd pregnancy and is now tandem feeding both kids. So hor?

I thought it would take us a while to stop bf altogether, but seems that after the initial 2 weeks or so, everything just happened uneventfully.

<font color="0000ff">Hunni</font>, I don't know what problems you may face with Amanda....does she not like the teat, or the taste or other reasons? My gal is using Pigeon peristaltic bottle and teat size for NB (previously we used larger hole teat and she did not want to drink cos she tend to choke) and Wyeth Progress Gold FM (din try any other brands at all). (You can try fresh milk if she doesn't like FM, heard that bf babies prefer fresh milk to FM and it seemed q true based on my friends' experiences.) Did u let your hb try bottle feeding? I think it's easier for daddy to succeed as they will associate mommy with suck suck breastmilk. In the beginning, we show her the bottle and tell her that it's time for Daddy's Milk. We persuade her to take a sip, it took a while before she takes to sucking the teat (and most of the FM is wasted, but bottlefeed is definitely a better experience than with the cup and straw). Then, as she knows the difference between Daddy's Milk and Mommy's Milk, we will ask her which milk she wants. Obviously, she will still seek out Mommy, but after suckling both sides and couldn't be satisfied, Daddy will supplement and she actually did finish. A few times later, she knows that it's better to choose Daddy's Milk afterall. We increased the amt along the way based on our observation and presumption of her appetite. Then, I try to feed her from bottle and she has no objections at all. From then, the one feed per day becomes feeding 2 or 3 times a day and I'm almost bfree. Wish you success, should you really want to stop soon.

PS: I haven't nurse her for more than 30hours liao. She just finished her bath, and hey....she din pester me for suck suck leh! Hahaha....totally bfree days coming loh!

<font color="0000ff">Tracy</font>, It's agonizing on the parents the way our babies cry at the sight of medicine or anything that trigers their thought of it, and we have to force medicine on them. Then, they also don't really know how to express their pains and discomfort. Wishing Enya a speedy recovery.

I also hope YY will not suffer too much after her MMR jab.
 


hi miu,
sore nipples ... u sound heavily pregnant, when's your EDD? boy/girl? ... MS very bad ... it sounds like a boy. kekeke
Congrats!
happy.gif
 

Back
Top