(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Hunnie,
I also want to cut my girl's hair shorter. She has been perspiring like crazy. After that she starts to smell. But then cut liao look like boy. See how first lor. Probably cut after the contest.

The contest she is in is organised by I Love Children. They are looking for their ambassador for 2007. My colleague gave me a form so I just submit without much thot. Didn't expect to be shortlisted too.

The contest will be held at Marine Cove on 22 Apr, 1pm. Not sure whether there is other events on or not. Will post here if I have new info.

Evon,
I also go shopping at City Hall and Bugis area during lunch time. Maybe we can meet up some day.

Dear all,

Please help to pray for little Sabie's survival. She went for a heart surgery last Wed and her condition is very bad now. multiple organs dis-function, including heart failure at the last update from Patsy (her mom). For more details, pls refer to <font color="ff0000">Oct 05 thread</font> or
<font color="0000ff">http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/763083.html?1176649038 </font>

Patsy's in distress. Please pray for her too.

(Non-christians/catholics can pray to Guanyin or whatever your beliefs.)

Evon,
recent update..extracted from Oct thread

<font color="119911">
there is a good news, that sabie's kidney is improving by dialysis. but....

but the bad news is that these 24 hours is very critical, and sabie is bleeding and rejecting Medication.

All medication to sabie has exhausted and bleeding everywhere. Hoping bleeding does not occur in her brain, and will lead to brain damage. Its not really a piece of good news compared to now. I choose not to reveal a moment ago, worrying mummies would not be able to take it. That is why we are asking for a Prayer with Miracle.

Sabie is now on 100% oxygen but only taking in 10%. Her grandparents are worried sick and so are Patsy & James. </font>

Mommies busy with celebration ah? so far, onli got 2 response from Jumbo and Hunni respectively. Some new members are also not in the list. And so many MIA members....the list can only get longer ...

I think some mommies feel sensitive about their babies' statistics.....so we'll drop the whole compilation of wt and ht. New members whose names are not on the list may like to furnish baby's name and DOB just for the record. You will get bady greetings from mommies here annually.

<font size="+2">OUR BABIES ARE ONE!</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="aa00aa">Mommy</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Baby</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">DOB</font></TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Age</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Nixon</font></TD><TD>23-Feb</TD><TD>1y 01m 24d </TD></TR><TR><TD>ET</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keith</font></TD><TD>2-Mar</TD><TD>1y 01m 14d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunniepot</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Amanda</font></TD><TD>21-Mar</TD><TD>1y 00m 26d </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom_yam</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Isaac</font></TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD>1y 00m 24d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Uniqueone</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jayden</font></TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>1y 00m 20d </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBtree</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ruth</font></TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>1y 00m 17d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lemontree</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Gladys</font></TD><TD>31-Mar</TD><TD>1y 00m 16d </TD></TR><TR><TD>madbride</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jon Jon</font></TD><TD>31-Mar</TD><TD>1y 00m 16d </TD></TR><TR><TD>pp </TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ace</font></TD><TD>31-Mar</TD><TD>1y 00m 16d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Su</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Shawn</font></TD><TD>1-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 15d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rach</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ryan</font></TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 14d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Des</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Owen</font></TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 14d </TD></TR><TR><TD>mel_lim</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jordon</font></TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 14d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tracy</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Enya</font></TD><TD>3-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 13d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kim Tan</TD><TD><font size="+1">?</font></TD><TD>3-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 13d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yu En</font></TD><TD>4-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 12d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ezrababy</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ezra</font></TD><TD>4-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 12d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Money</TD><TD><font size="+1">? (twins)</font></TD><TD>5-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 11d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smurfy</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jarren</font></TD><TD>5-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 11d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephz</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Amanda</font></TD><TD>5-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 11d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kyla</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Keona</font></TD><TD>6-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 10d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ray</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Nicholas</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 09d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babe</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Keziah</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 09d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Draik</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kang Jung</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 09d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jo</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yu Han</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 09d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiffany Seah</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Lucas</font></TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 09d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leereiner</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ying Ham</font></TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 08d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jaslynn</font></TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 08d </TD></TR><TR><TD>miu66</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kaitlyn</font></TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 08d </TD></TR><TR><TD>icelim</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kaelyn</font></TD><TD>10-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 06d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene06</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherlene</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 05d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Koalarie</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Xuan Ting</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 05d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jade</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jamie</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 05d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ivec</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 05d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jamie</font></TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 05d </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemum</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jing Jie</font></TD><TD>12-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 04d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hanson</font></TD><TD>12-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 04d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 03d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheers</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dylan</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 03d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblim</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Reanne</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 03d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pebbles</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Chanz</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 03d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolie</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Josh</font></TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 03d </TD></TR><TR><TD>AmyAng</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brendon</font></TD><TD>14-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 02d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tootsierool</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Joseph</font></TD><TD>14-Apr</TD><TD>1y 00m 02d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazmaine</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Elgin</font></TD><TD>18-Apr</TD><TD>11m 29d </TD></TR><TR><TD>fussiecat</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Leo-Aiden</font></TD><TD>19-Apr</TD><TD>11m 28d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chenoa</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yann Yen</font></TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>11m 26d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shervil</font></TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>11m 26d </TD></TR><TR><TD>kk</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yu Jun</font></TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>11m 26d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sponge</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ariel</font></TD><TD>22-Apr</TD><TD>11m 25d </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinkle-starry</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kevan</font></TD><TD>26-Apr</TD><TD>11m 21d </TD></TR><TR><TD>YvonneDu</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Natasia</font></TD><TD>27-Apr</TD><TD>11m 20d </TD></TR><TR><TD>fates</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jarrett</font></TD><TD>28-Apr</TD><TD>11m 19d </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">KS</font></TD><TD>30-Apr</TD><TD>11m 17d </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyFatLady</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Theodore</font></TD><TD>1-May</TD><TD>11m 15d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowy</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tiffany Fam</font></TD><TD>4-May</TD><TD>11m 12d </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sggal</TD><TD><font size="+1">?</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yukie</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Ladies,

I'm back. Tks for yr concern.

<font color="0000ff">Chenoa</font>, that's a terrible news to hear. I really hope Sabie can be strong and pull thru.

Riz just celebrated his birthday on the 15Apr. His actual day is tmr. His cake from Pine Garden did not turn out to what they hv promise me. Kind of disappointed. Will try to dwload some pics when I get them from my sis. Silly me on that day, don't nod where I hv misplace my camera. Until end if the party, reach hm then realise it was with me all the time!

Hi mommies,

I have the following toddler boy clothes for sale. They are all Brand New with Tags. Prices are good. Let me know if any one of you is keen to get the items.
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/762207.html?1176734671

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/763987.html?1176734570

Gathering prayers...pls pray for baby samantha pls...

Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 1:03 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi everyone, just wanted to give an update on Sabie, she was in surgery from 3:30 pm till 11:30 pm today. Operation went well but she bled a lot during the surgery (much more than expected) and she lost a lot of blood... doctors are a bit worried about it. so far they say she is in very critical condition for the next 2-3 days and they are hoping the bleeding will stop by tomorrow. They did not close up the chest because the heart is swollen and due to the bleeding.

Please please pray that the bleeding will stop...

Thank you.

Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 11:40 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone, just a quick one...just came out of ICU, sabie is much more stable now than last night. The bleeding has stopped but now the problem is her kidney is in shock and she isn't passing urine. They will do dialysis on her later and also infuse more blood trying to get the kidney back up working.

She looks ok, still heavily sedated. X-rays are better than last night and for now the lungs are clear.

We're praying for continued recovery with no more complications.

Thank you very much for the support, James and I really apprecaite it very very much!

Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 10:06 pm:

Hi everyone... thanks for all the jia you!!

Just got home after being chased home by hb and my dad. The doctors have been able to find the source of the bleeding and have stabilized it, and the blood is starting to clot normally already, so we're hoping past that hurdle. Doctors also said renal failure isn't unexpected so they're not worrying about that (as per what Jules said above, thanks!)

we're hoping for continued progress and no more unexpected complications. doctors have warned that we are not yet out of the woods but are a bit more comfortable with her position now. Please continue to pray for her.

Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 11:29 pm:

hi everyone, it's been a tough day... from seeing sabie doing well this morning, she's not doing so well now. her left lung has collapsed due to fluid buildup, most likely caused by renal and liver failure. her kidneys had too much of a shock and she has not yet pee'd in 2 days, and her liver is not functioning and not making the blood clotting agent so she is still bleeding. The doctors have decided not to close her chest yet because her heart is swollen again due to too much fluid.

chenoa: i went to but but slept on and off... until about 5 am then i slept and woke up at 8 am and jumped up to go to the hospital! haven't filed for leave, my boss told me to stay off for as long as i needed.

thanks to everyone for their prayers. we really need it now. they don't dare take sabie off the paralysis medication because her chest is still open so she's still drugged out. please pray for her kidney and liver to start functioning soon...

Sms from Patsy as @ 9.10am

They are (surgeon) closing her chest now. Hoping its a good sign

please keep those prayers gng! tks a million

Sms from Patsy as @ 1.41pm

Just want to share some good news, the Surgeon has closed Sabie's Chest, lungs are ok now and she is gng to be off anesthesia also. Kidney and liver still not functioning. Please continue to pray.

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:17 pm:

hi everyone, thank you for your prayers, we need them now more than ever, she's not doing well... doctors not sure if she'll make it.

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 12:12 am:

Latest SMS from Patsy as @ 12am.

They just had to shock Saby's heart 3 times because the heart rate went up to 200. Meds given to bring it down. Please pass on msg and help pray

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 1:05 pm:

Sms from Patsy @ 12pm

We really need alot of prayers now. Sabie has deteriorated more and the blood acid is destroying her organs due to poor circulation. She is going on a bypass moachine now to help the situation but now we ran the risk of her bleeding out. Please pray for her

another update from Patsy...

Saby on bypass machine now, the next 48 hours are very critical. Please pray for no bleeding & no infection.

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 6:50 pm:

Sms for Patsy @ 6.30pm

just to update, Saby seems to be responding to the bypass and hemo dialysis. She is still in critical condition but least her blood chemistry is better than this morning

Sabie's heart is stil not working, BP is dangerously low, blood chemistry going down wards again. Doctors saying it looks bad but I'm hoping prayer can intercede.

Sabie is having multiple organ failure now. We need a miracle.

All medication to saby has exhausted and bleeding everywhere. Hoping
bleeding does not occur in her brain, and will lead to brain damage.
Its not really a piece of good news compared to now. I choose not to
reveal a moment ago, worrying mummies would not be able to take it.
That is why we are asking for a Prayer with Miracle.

Saby is now on 100% oxygen but only taking in 10%. Her grandparents
are worried sick and so are Sarah & James.

We needed a turn badly tonite, please pray for a miracle to happen.
Pray for our Merciful & compassionate God to heal Saby

PLS PRAY & GOD... pls hear our prayers!!

Miu/ shylyn/ tracy/ hunniepot/ jasminetea,

Thanks for all your compliments on the cake. Yes, it's from the same baker as Shylyn n Hunniepot. As I have been dreaming of having a castle cake for birthday since young, so now might as well take this opportunity to fulfil my old-time wish lor.
blush.gif
I was even more excited than my gal when we collected the cake. The taste is juz as great as its appearance. Have ordered the same chocolate fudge filling since Imina is no longer doing the chocolate gateau.

By the way, those who are interested in ordering from her, pls take note that she mayb revising her price. Coz when I called her to place order, she told me the price will be $90 without any figures. But upon collection, she wan charge me $100, mentioning the website is wrong, not updated.??? However, I told her she has already confirmed $90 with me too over the phone ler. Then she says oh nevermind, juz pay $90 then. To playsafe, those who are interested, pls double check the price with her. But dun worry, overall she is a very friendly accomodating lady cum spice mommy (la4 ma1).

my heart really goes out to Sabie..reminds me of my heartache..anyway..take heart and stay strong sabie, U can do it ^_^

Bblim
yeah, she's a la ma indeed! hee..couldn't believe tt she has a 2mth old bb!! Hmm..for $90, the cake is really worth the money..i tot it cost at least $200!!

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Re: 1 yr old milk powder</font>
So, any of u ve switched to 1yr old milk powder?

Can the switch be instant if I am going for dumex 2 to dumex 3? Or must I go gradually?

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Re: Pediasure</font>
Remember some mommy here is giving bb to drink pediasure? Is it vanilla or chocolate favour that was tried? How to mix? Must mix with milk powder or not?

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Re: Other than porridge/cereals</font>
Any mommy can share any other cooking receipes apart from porridge and cereals fed?

I am running out of ideas on this fussy little girl. She woke up every 1~2 hours last night just to drink her milk. *Faintz*

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Re: Heart out to Sabie</font>
It is really saddening to see her in the stage. My husband was asking why she needs to go for heart surgery. Anybody knows?

I think she is still trying hard to fight on her life. I really pray that somehow she is empowered with more strength and miracle and overcome the situation she is now.

Really don't know what else can be done for her family and her.

Hope Sabby speed recovery....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO <font color="0000ff">RIZ</font>!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO <font color="0000ff">TERRIER'S BABY</font>!!!!

Tks <font color="0000ff">Mrs Ho</font> for the birthday greetings.

<font color="0000ff">Koalaire</font>, chging of MIlk powder should be done gradually even is the same brand.

I think Pedidsure need not mix w milk powder, cos is also another brand of milk powder tats all.

<font color="ff6000">koalarie</font>
pediasure - i tried that on K previously but i bought the pre-mixed one (it's in liquid form in a small can) so no need to add anything.

recipes - i made a few different things for K over the last 2 wks.

1) kway teow soup - kway teow, chicken stock, carrots, broccoli and minced pork

2) mee sua soup - my MIL made for K on her b'day. mee sua, soup tasted like bak kut teh soup but with very little salt, pork and green vege.

3) soft rice with steamed fish and white sauce - based on recipe in "Feeding your child right". mashed peas, any white fish, white sauce (either formula thickened with cornstarch or if yr child can take fresh milk, milk thickened with butter & flour, i added cheese also). put peas and fish onto rice while still wet and steamy, steam for abt 2 mins. top with white sauce.

4) baby chawanmushi - mashed up silken tofu, 1 egg beaten, water and a little chicken stock. mix all and i added minced pork, carrots and peas. cover with foil and steam. i served with soft rice.

i think other mummies have also mentioned giving pasta with tomato sauce and vegs, and also risotto.

Hi Mrs Ho

Thank you very much for your well wishes to my boy's birthday today! I'm very surprised that you know!

We're at Angsana bintan resort to celebrate...and the resort give us a birthday cake today to celebrate

Re: Sabie
It's so sad to know that she's suffering so badly, really hope that she'll be well! I cant imagine how much mummy and daddy must be feeling so terrible seeing little Sabie in pain.

-------------------------

BOTANIC GARDEN 21st APRIL 2007, 1pm

My HB will join in the gathering

1)Mom yam (Sandwinches)
2)Tiffany (mixed potatoe delight)
3) Jasminetea + HB(Fishballs)
4) Rach - Veg Salad with thousand island
5) hunniepot (Almond Jelly Longan)
8)Strawberry (TANJONG RHU PAO) + HB
11) Petite (cheeze cake or baby food) + HB
12) Terrier (Cream Puff) + HB
13) PentUPMum (Siew Mai?)

sms from Patsy @ 12am

Doctors are telling us we may have reached a point if no return for Sabie. Her blood acid level keeps going up and her body tissues still not accepting the oxygen. Please pray a miracle because that is the only thing that can save her now. We will still have faith.

GOD PLS HEAR OUR PRAYERS!!
PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!

Terrier,
just wonder y ur name is not up there, u dint update chenoa? but sometime i did brows back old post to get some info.
there are new mummies here not in the list too...like petite/strawberry/tanwawas/puntupmum/matsu...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO <font color="0000ff">"ELGIN & ASHLEY"</font>!!!!!

My hubby will be joining in the gathering too

BOTANIC GARDEN 21st APRIL 2007, 1pm

My HB will join in the gathering

1)Mom yam (Sandwinches)
2)Tiffany (mixed potatoe delight)
3) Jasminetea + HB(Fishballs)
4) Rach - Veg Salad with thousand island
5) hunniepot + HB (Almond Jelly Longan)
8)Strawberry (TANJONG RHU PAO) + HB
11) Petite (cheeze cake or baby food) + HB
12) Terrier (Cream Puff) + HB
13) PentUPMum (Siew Mai?)

Hi, mums

I have also signed up Josh for the Shichida method too.

So far, we have attended two lessons and enjoyed ourselves there, except that Josh will lose his concentration for some activites. And he will screamed and screamed at times and all the children will start to scream too. So funny.

I'm going to the PEC on this coming saturday, any mums wana meet together?

Besides flashcards, they have lots of other activities too. e.g linking memory, help bb to develop motor skills, acquire foreign language etc.

Like evon mentioned, it is a skill-set for our bb to learn.

hi hunnie. sooo sorry for not getting back to you sooner regarding the swiss rolls.... the durian swiss was really nice. HB commented that i should have gotten ALL durian instead. it was finished the fist day... the PANDAN was ok..not fantasic but ok.

INJECTION
jus took my bb for a jab, i'm glad that she didn come down with a fever and she took it really well. the pd told me that i can give her everything to try if she wants. she can take salt, and fresh milk. and tat i should not worrie abt her feeding but more on developing her brain.

so i signed up for music class at juzmusic and this montessori class (on singaporemotherhood forum business) at $160 per month. i would like to sign up for the SHICHIDA method but its way out of my budget now. so have to look for an alternative.

told myself i don want to be a KIASU mom but looks like its not going the way i want to.... sigh...

oh yeah!! for got to add that my PD also said not to let bb snack (for milk-still BF) in the middle of the nite so that she can drink properly in the AM for bfast. not to let her snack on milk in the mid day but give her snacks like yoghurt, biscuits... so milk to b given to her 2wice a day.
she is supposed to be 10.2 kg at this age but she's only 9.4kg. but pd said its ok cos she BF.

PETITE,
i hope things are ok for you... i think you din have to make the report unless you want to leave your hb!!! imagine your hb reads this thread and finds out man,,,, consequence=unthinkable!!

SABIE..
may GOD b with you every moment and take away your pain. may GOD give you and your family strength to hold on.

Hi Mummies,

Can anyone advise can we hv red eggs for their birthday in any qty we want or it must be odd or even no. tks

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Re: red eggs</font>
twinkle-starry,
Red eggs are given during the first month, isn't it? My mil placed 2 eggs during then.

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Re: milk powder to 1yr</font>
Okay. I will try tomorrow.
So, in my case, I am going to go from Dumex 2 to Gain IQ (since I got one sample one). So probably, one meal Dumex and two meals Gain IQ and the rest all Dumex and then gradually replace to Gain IQ eventually.

I heard some bbs don't like Pediasure? A bit worried.. hope XT would like it.. else daddy going to scold me for buying so much milk powders or food to try.. haahaa.. =p

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Re: Saby</font>
The latest news was Saby's given another 48 hours before doc decided to unhook her.

I believe, she is receiving from God the strength but as she is really weak, we have to pray harder.

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Re: bb food other than porridge</font>
I am a bit lost... on the pasta thing.. seems very time consuming, isn't it? My dear girl very clingy to me on weekends and quite hard to prepare if need too much work. =p

mui66, what is soft rice? Japanese rice? Or porridge type of rice?

Evon,

I used to give my girl pediasure.. not like she like take alot of it too... but my dietician cousin advised me not to give pediasure to Amanda as it is more for kids who are underweight as it is way too sweet for them at this age

Evon,

I'm also changing to Gain IQ from Similac. Currently giving 3 scoops, 2 scoops similac and 1 scoop Gain IQ. Will change to 1 scoop similac and 2 scoops Gain IQ next week.

INJECTION

Strawberry, what injection did Gabrielle get? I thought no injection at one year old unless wish to give chickenpox which is optional. really confused about all these......Is it necessary to bring baby for routine check at one year old? What does doc check for? I brought my son to see pedi coz sick a week before he turns 1. Checked weight and height. is that sufficient or must go for another routine check?

CHICKENPOX JAB

What is other mummies' take on this? Necessary or just let nature takes its own course since most of us have been through this?

Regarding Sabie
I cried when I read the posts. Can't imagine if that is my own child.

1 thing I learnt out of this - tat our child is on loan to us from God( or whatever your beliefs may be).

While they are on loan, we need to take good care of them so that when the loan is up, we return them to God in a even better condition than when it was given to us.

I believe Sabie is a gift from God to teach us this lesson. She is a little warrior from God. She is God's messenger.

Tks Sabie for teaching us this precious lesson and we are still praying for you!

Cheers,

I will be bringing my girl for chicken pox jab next week.. good to go for it.. as it will help to prevent the discomfort having to go thru the illness.. not to mention the scars.. I have 1 scar on my face.. thanks to chicken pox.. and it is dangerous when one contracts chicken pox when he / she is older.. one of my SILs became brain damanged cos of chicken pox which she contracted when she was 21 years old

Hi bblim,

wow... such a nice and beautiful strawberry cake.may i know is from where. i still haven decided where to order for my bboi yet.

Thanks

<font face="Comic Sans MS"> Re: Brushing teeth</font>
Hi mommies,
just wonder. At the rate we are feeding our babies with different tastes of foods, how frequently do you help your toddler to brush the teeth?
Do u brush at night as well before they sleep?
Do u use the first tooth paste or just a normal wet cloth?

hi evon,

dun know lei i was tld to hv red eggs when celebrate bday ?

Anyone prepare red eggs for tis occasion?

Brushing teeth
I did it once a day and use first toothpaste . I wonder does it work bcos all he does is eating it.

hunnie... next time if you do decide to order again... pls let me know. anyw don think will order any time soon cos it's been like swiss rolls for the past couple of days.. hahaaa..

mel, yes i guess all of us are GOD's children and he decideds when to take us back.. when i was pregnant i wanted a boy but the scan showed girl. my mom said just b thankful that she normal. i think whatever we go thru is GOD's test to us rite?

CHEERS,
there is one jab at 1 yr- prevenar ( pneumococcal conjugate vaccine). before the jab i called the clinic to check if there is a job to b taken. gab will take another one on 2 month (14mths)- chicken pox. i'm considering taking one myself cos i haven had chix pox yet... touch wood!!!

Koalarie
before i bot a toothbrush for bb i used to use a cloth to clean her teeth and tongue. but now that she has 7 teeth aldy i decided to get her a toothbrush. i brush her teeth when i bathe her and b4 she slps.. i bot her a toothpaste which was very ex $13+. but it got lost when i got home... heart pain leh... but i think bb prefers the toothbrush to the cloth. using the cloth i had to force it in...

bblim
thats such a lovely cake... all time favorite STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE!! i have her stickers pasted all over my room!! hehe.. drove every one (mom and hb ) mad!!! hahahaa
the cake must have cost a bomb?

<font face="comic sans ms"> Re: pneumococcal vaccination</font>
I noe some mommies ve given bb this jab. Want to gather if bb got fever or not?

XT be taking hers before labour's day. Crossing my fingers that she won't get.

<font face="comic sans ms"> re:CHICKENPOX JAB</font>
Cheers,
think, hmmmm..., i feel let nature run its course; while my husband thinks that can afford, can give... and he doesn't like to see people having to go through the sufferings or pain if there is alternatives that would shortcut this pain process.

So, in the end, think, may give lo.

pneumococcal vaccination

no fever, but body very warm and got to let him drink lot of barley water. I think depends on individual bbs. my friend's bb no symptons of anykind.

koalarie
my bb din get a fever. after the jab she was given 1.3ml of panadol for infant. i was told to monitor her for 6hrs. if she has a fever then give her another dose.but so far she's ok... still very active!!!

Evon,

Amanada had her 4th and final jab pneumococal jab last month.. no fever at all..

Strawberry,

No problem.. will let you know if I decide to have another BP.. or how about you guys let me know if you all want another swiss rolls BP... I have been having swiss rolls everyday since sunday... feeling quite sick of it too

<font color="0000ff">Hunniepot</font>, Yap I must agree that the durain Swiss roll is Yum Yum. So is the Mango too.

The texture of the swiss rolls are spongy and light. Not easy to make sure good swiss rolls.

<font color="ff6000">pneumococal jab</font>

I hv the intention to give this jab to Riz too. But not too sure when I can. When to a clinic, they only hv packages for this jab at 18mth. Now he is 1 yrs old, does it mean anytime?

My mom tells me not to give cos this jab is still new in the market. Won't nod if there are any side effects after years of being jab. She told me the History of the Hep B jab: when they 1st intro the Hep B, they first use the 'blood' for the injection. Now they hv found a better antidote, which is the serum.

But was thinking the pros & Cons abt it. Just like the Rotavirus Jab, now they found that some children has side effect after taking the jab (not abt fever but lung infection)

<font face="comic sans ms">pneumococal jab</font>
Petite,
strange.. maybe the clinic wants to help we parents save $? =p

My PD told me jab must take before 2yrs old, but got condition too.
If bb takes < 1 yr old, need 4 jabs and then between 1<x<2, 2 jabs and at 18th month<2yrs old is 1 jab.

It really depends on you lo. I talk to my PD that I intend for XT to go playgroups and so PD advice that she takes before she goes, so suggesting between 12-15month before the Mumps vaccination. = )

Back