(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Smurfy

My boy has been sucking his hands & fingers lately. He also starts to pull his shirt up and put in his mouth. Is this a sign of teething? He is 3mth 1wk now.
 


Tiffany,

I don't think its a sign of teething. My mom said my niece knows how to suck her fingers from 2nd month.

You bb seems to be same age as my bb. when did you give birth?
 
Lucas was born on 7th Apr 06. How abt yours? Boy or girl? Apparently, Lucas was delivered at wk 36. Wonder if he will be slower than others since he was born early, and weigh only 2.43kg.
 
Jarren was born on 5 Apr 06. BB boy. Also delivered earlier at 37th week. Birth weight is 2.6kg. i don't think he will be slower than other bb.
 
<font color="aa00aa">tiffany</font>
my daughter has been sucking her hands and fingers for the last few weeks and has recently started pulling at her clothes and trying to suck them too. Don't think they are teething, i think it's just a natural process where they are dicsovering their hands and are curious abt all the diff things around. basically, she tends to try and suck everything near her!!

<font color="aa00aa">re: flipping over</font>
no, mine hasn't been able to flip over by herself yet, although i think now is around the time that they should be learning? she seems to be trying to turn to one side with her upper body but then legs dun really seem to follow, dunno whether it's cos her tummy is too big
lol.gif



<font color="aa00aa">re: daytime naps</font>
sigh....can't really get her to nap properly still. dunno if i'm just not doing it right or if she's one of those babies that just is especially wakeful in the day. i think i'm gonna invest in the book "The No-Cry Sleep Solution", apparently it's supposed to have effective yet gentle solutions.

<font color="aa00aa">re: mittens</font>
we put mittens on my girl only when she sleeps at night so that she won't scratch her face and wake up. anyone still doing that? wondering when i should stop using mittens altogether cos my mom insists that we hardly used mittens when we were young.

462264.jpg
462265.jpg
 
Re: Flipping

Same. Lucas still cant flip by himself yet. He seems very lazy leh, sometimes tried to put him on his tummy as I want to train his neck, but after awhile, he will struggle and scream.

Oh yes... i tried to put him on his lime green bumbo yesterday, he screamed with fustration leh.. he doesnt like it. He tried to lift his butt up by straighening his whole body. He was very stiff when i lift him up. Screamed and yelled! I managed to get him to sit for few seconds initially, he can somehow hold his head by himself already.

Hmm.. let me try to put him on his bumbo another day and capture a shot.
 
Mom_yam,
haha, me bot king-sized bed, but then my bb dun like to sleep wif us. Everytime we put her down beside us, she'd look at us eyes big big, hahaha... ;p And her cries are enuff to wake me up whenever she wakes up ah... so end up, i put her sleep alone in the other room right next to us...

Elle,
yah, my dis one also 'accidental'... ;P


Re daytime naps,
Yah manz... duno how to make her sleep longer during the day ah... Today her longest nap is 1hr oni... *sad*... Tink maybe outside noisy s'times can wake her up osso...

Re sucking,
Same here. My ger ger seems to suck her mittens / nappy cloth we put as her pillow. When i carry her across my shoulder, she also tries to suck my shoulder... yikes... I'm worried next time she may have the bad habit of sucking her thumb...
sad.gif
 
momyam,
your bb looks very confused and scare in the bumbo seat ley.. where did you try him on that?

miu,
your ger very chubby in the bumbo ..

I didn't invest in a bumbo, can anyone tell me the benefits of sitting in one?

re: drooling
my boy boy drool alot. I always have to have a hankie on hand to wipe his saliva away.. is it normal? my sis said i didn't not satisfy my cravings during my pregnancy, thats why my bb drool so much..

re: sleeping pattern
Eversince i came back to work last week, my bb likes to sleep at 12-2am. He will take a short nap after we bring him home, then have his last feed. After that, he doesn't want to go back to sleep.. me and hubby becoming zombie in the day because of that.. how to solve this problem? He behaves this way EVERYDAY! Its becoming like a routine but me and hubby are collapsing
 
Updated List

1. hunniepot
2. jasminetea
3. preciousbabe
4. mel_lim
5. elle?
6. mom_yam
7. teenie (march MTB)?
8. tiffany
9. ET
10.Rach + BB Ryan

mom_yam,
me also residing @ pasir ris..
 
<font color="aa00aa">matched gal</font>
thanks! we are having fun with her and the bumbo
happy.gif


<font color="aa00aa">smurfy</font>
the bumbo is supposed to help the baby with sitting in an upright position, before they learn to do it on their own. for us, we decided to get one cos our baby likes to be upright these days and we can't always be carrying her around. also, she tends to slump when propped up on cushions and is outgrowing her baby carrier, so i guess the bumbo is a worthwhile investment for us
happy.gif


462417.jpg
462418.jpg
 
Re: Flipping,
no sign of him trying to turn to one side.

Re daytime naps,
I usually rock KJ to sleep after his afternoon bath, it will last 2 to 3 hours. After feeding him, I will play with him for half an hour, and rock him back to sleep for another 2 hour. When Daddy comes back home, he will be awake most of the time.

re: drooling,
KJ started to drool these two days. He also stick his tongue out.

refusing bottles,
I have tried all kinds of bottles and teats and he is still refusing to drink anything from the bottle. Anybody got this problem?

Carry,
KJ do not want anybody else to carry him except me and my hubby. All his grandparents are very upset. KJ do not even like to enter my in-law house. Anybody got this problem?

Because of the above problem, I cannot go anywhere without KJ and I dare not to nurse in the public. So I can only go to places where there is nursing room. I also cannot go anywhere far without accompany. Nobody want to look after KJ for me because he refuse to take from a bottle. HELPPPPP!
 
Maraquan,

Same here.. Amanda also refuses to drink from the bottle, got to coax her, carry her and walk ard and try to stuff the teat into her mouth.. the last time she drank from the bottle, it took 1 whole hour b4 she finished almost the whole bottle.. are you going back to work soon? If so, how is KJ going to adapt?

Re: carry

Heheh.. I wish that Amanda doesnt want to enter my ILs house.. mean of me right? ;p She allows anyone and everyone to carry her.. even strangers we met outside..
 
Re: Flash cards session

If the above mummies confirm their attendance, then the slots are full already.. for those who are unable to make it this time round.. I will arrange another time slot with the instructor again..
 
Maraquan,

Why dont you wait till he is really hungry then feed him the bottle? Realised this works for Amanda..

Actually nursing in public is pretty ok.. most importantly must wear a good nursing top.. i got mine from thyme maternity.. and it covers up quite ok.. or you can do it like miu66, use a sling and cover? I just ordered this nursing cover http://store.babycenter.com/product/feeding_nursing/breastfeeding/breast_feeding_accessories/8285
hopefully it will help me nurse better in public
 
Hi Mummies,

I need so of your advise liao... my bb is using bfree bottle and NUK but now he suddenly reject all the NUK teats and only accept Bfree teats leh... can anyone tell me which brands teats are soft like bfree or Dr's Brown??? I dun want to throw those NUK bottle away leh, all still very new leh. Is Pigeon teats soft??
 
smurfy,

hahaha! he is confuse but not scare. right after awhile he trys to stand up haha but too fat to stand up :p anyway, i try him out in Tampines Kiddy Palace, so cant buy coz' too small for him alr.

Matchgal, i'm facing exactly the same problem as you. That's why at the mid 2nd mth i remove the mitten coz' very smelly and wet.

Mine also accident but i'm very happy with this accident :p

Rach!

really, i'm stay near loyang pt. how abt u?

Maraquan,

You can buy a "apron" and nurse in public. that's what i do.
happy.gif
mine is my frd pass it down to me and is very handy so far.

Re: Flash cards session

you mean this sat is full alr?? i got to wait till next session?
sad.gif
 
hunniepot,
KJ is lucky that I am a SAHM. Last time, I also smile inside my heart when KJ do not want my inlaws to carry him. However, since yesterday, KJ began to reject my own parents too.

KJ can crying for milk for 5 hours until he frighten everyone by shaking every 5 minutes. So now, everybody is scare of him. I read that if a different person feed him, he might drink, but this does not work on him. Now nobody want to try to feed him anymore.

My PD said that I got to train him to drink from the bottle. Easy to say...*sign*

mom_yam,
I think I got to get a nursing bib and try to nurse him in the car when my husband drive. No choice lah, I feel really trap now. I am just hoping that by the time he accept solid food, he will not be so stick to me.
 
Updated List

1. hunniepot
2. jasminetea
3. preciousbabe
4. mel_lim
5. elle?
6. mom_yam
7. teenie (march MTB)?
8. tiffany
9. ET
10.Rach + BB Ryan
11. 1sttimemum

mom_yam, your slot is in liao
happy.gif
 
maraquan

Yeah think getting a nursing bib is a good idea.. hmm.. think each baby is different.. just got to trial and error and see how it goes.. I find it a joy to bring my baby wherever I go.. like to push her ard in the pram
happy.gif
Once you get used to nursing in public.. it will become 2nd nature liao..
 
hunniepot,
I wish I can go out alone with KJ in a stroller too. The overhead bridge where I lived has no lift and was not handicapped friendly. The only way was to take a taxi which I have not try yet.
 
I used sarong sling to cover when I latch him on in public.
But I have a problem. I can't fit into many nursing bras. I will look like a dumpling on top. Imagine becoming an E/F from a D.
sad.gif


End up, I got to wear oversized tops or halter necks. Rather unproportional. And I not comfortable wearing knit materials so nursing T-shirts. So usually I just untie the strap and use sling to cover while feeding.

Maraquan,
there's those light weight strollers for babies above 3 months. One hand can release and closeup, while the other carry your baby. U can sling them across too. Think they are from Combi. Wanna check it out?

Hunnie, I also have prob in getting Brendon to feed from the bottle. He prefers the human touch. Got to slowly prepare him for the bottle as I gonna go back to work in Oct.
sad.gif
 
Hi gals

I have the same problem. Lucas tend to reject the bottle and prefer my breast. Feeding him with bottle can take up to an hour or more at times. As a result, has to throw away my EBM... sob sob... takes me lots of effort to express and has to throw away 150ml worth of EBM. Heartache!! I am not a 100% breastfed mum since Lucas was born and yet, he still rejects bottle. My advise to those who breastfeed 100%, try to wean them early, if not, later will have harder times.

Amy, You have such long leave. So nice...

Re: Breastfeed in Public
If you ladies are comfortable, you can use a silk shawl to cover, which i did successfully.
 
Wow, the thread is getting longer and fast. So hard to catch it up...

I back to work already and misses my boy alot. Feel so lost when at work. Still adjusting to the worklife. keekeee..

Smufy, my boy is 14 weeks old and he has learned how to flip already although one of his hand is still stuck under the chest. Have to guide him. Once after he has flipped, he still wants to flip to the other side.

My boy also drools alot and likes to suck his fingers. My mum and aunt said that his teeth might grow soon.
 
Morning ladies.

Yesterday MIA.. at home, with Xuanting, my mom n hb.. Got her bumbo seat frm the mommy i got n wow.. xuanting enjoyed sitting.. but hor, my mom dun allow her sit long as her neck still not really strong.. sitting something like mui66. My mom kept saying.. "ah yo, why seat not higher a bit to support her neck one"

Almost fainted.

Anyway, Xuanting now eating at 150ml every 4hour interval and she's pooing everyday.

So happy... Wish she continues this way...

But hor... now i troubled..

I got a 400ml of Enfalac A+ milk powder.. that time opened to see the spoon how big and now dunno how to sell it off... since no need to change milk powder already..

Any one of u want??
 
Welcome back Koalarie.

I put Lucas on bumbo yesterday again. This time successfully. Same here, dont dare to put him in it for too long as his neck still not very stable yet. Took some pictures, but yet to upload. Did you take any pic of XT in bumbo?
 
yap yap, Tiffany.
.. i did.. it's in my card but can't upload here in office le.. the stupid comp here everything all blocks... luckily not this forum..
 
Gals who have prob bottle feeding bb, have u tried pigeon peristalic teats. Apparently mimic mum's breast v well thus I no prob wif bottle feeding though sometimes I fully latch also. It costs $3.30 n now sale might have discounts.
 
Amy, dont worry when he reach any person he is willing to be fed by bottle. But the care giver will have some hard time for awhile, but i believe awhile later yr bb will get use. Like my case, when Isaac reach my mil's place he is willing to drink from bottle. BUT once back to our hse, he is not willing to drink from bottle alr.

I'm feeling very sad; Isaac seems will miss his grandparents but not me. Every morn he will play with me smiling very happy and i kiss him goodbye. Heard from my hubby when evening he pick Isaac back home, Isaac will cry like miss his grandparents. I feel so hurt, I sacrifice so much for him lei.. :S although my pil also dote him a lot and give him a lot TLC, but then.. i cant help it to feel jealous and sad. Wahhh!!!

Sometimes, my mil will rub in say only she can carry him to slp.. that really hurt me even more. if not, her son cant support the family i wont have to work and be SAHM.
sad.gif
but then they are nice pple la, but then i cant help to feel depress.
 
Babe,
Guess unless bbs been latching on, else like mine, headache.

NUK teats come out from top and not on the tip and so Xuanting doesn't like pigeon or avert teats at all.

Tested when she has probs with bottle feeding during her 2nd month.
 
Hi everyone.. been reading the thread but seldom post. Now went back work le, no time to surf net also. Also miss the kids a lot. Keep worrying that Sherlene dun recognise me, but so far so good. She still smile and look very happy when she saw me.
Sherlene just went for her jab today, we got her the 5in1 jab. She cried for awhile. She weighs only 5.77kg and is 61cm tall. Nurse say that she is a tall baby.
 
Maraquan, I envy you lei.. that yr KJ is so sticky with you. i spend all my time with him lei, but he dont seems want me.. my stupid hubby still say coz' dragon and doggy are not good frds. I'm so sad that this morn i burst into tears.

My son will only look for me when he needs comfort feed or he sleep on our bed.
sad.gif


OH!! i also feed him in car but didnt put on any nursing bib haha! coz' he very demanding, he will pull my blouse down just to have his feed :p thk a lot of pple prob seen my neh neh, so pai say hahaha!

Rach, i'm not a SHAM lei.. i wish i am.. probably we can meet for KOPI session either at white sand or TM hor hee hee.. so far i can bring my boy alone go shopping not much of prob. but he very fussy once he wants to slp, he makes a lot of noise :p

All,

I went to kiddy palace in Century mall and saw a high chair which can serves as a rocker, a high chair and quite a well support for BB. When i put Isaac inside he is very happy, so i've bought one thru' Yahoo auction at $100.00.

Maybe for those whose BB cant sit on Bumbo like mine, maybe can try that.

But in honest i still prefer him sitting on Bumbo cuter heee...
 
For working mommies
Ve u kind of settled down /w ur schedule coping /w bb, work n family n personal stuff?

I seem 2 find everything so hectic.. ahhh... Both of us (hb n I) still not too used to it... travelling to &amp; fro on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays..

But what to do.... for the sake of our bb.

Mom yam,
dun worry.. it's juz tat mayb the grandnis play more frequently during his wake up time??? Anyway, I read tat bb will outgrow this type of manner ard 6months.. so dun b sad, k?

I oso a bit worried tat xuanting 4get her mummy n daddy.. but so far so good.. she's still smiling n talking to us whenever we went to bring her home on Wednesdays...
 
Ask u gals who put bb in ur mum's care in the day, how much shld we b giving them (inclusive of their monthly allowance)? Wanna have a rough gauge.
 
Me. $600. A bit little or not???

Xuanting being taken care by my mom 24h from Sun nite- Friday evenings. And becoz I bring Xuanting n my mom to sengkang on Wednesday nights and so I oso help out during nites n early mornings when Xuanting's with us at Sengkang.

What about you??
 
Rach
Did you notice Ryan's toes are curled up? Just like my boy when i placed him in it. Also blur blur and stiff.

Evon
Are you using the NUK latex or silicon teats? I have just replaced all the latex with silicon recently. Heard that latex should not be used for too long.

Btw... how often u gals replaced bottle teats?

Should any mommies interested in get together kopi sessions to share baby development, I am available anytime. PM me!
 
Rach

Ryan looks so comfy in the bumbo.. my Amanda still doesnt really like the bumbo thus I hardly put her in, and soon she will outgrow it already
sad.gif


mom_yam

I also nurse Amanda in the car.. in fact I do it all the time.. but I wear nursing top.. so never really exposed myself..

Maraquan

Why dont you consider getting the slings? I got the ergo new generation carrier, quite good...
 
Hunniepot,
the ergo carrier requires bb's neck 2b strong, rite??

Saw the bp... but saw tat no support @ bb's neck area..

Still shopping for one.. am wondering if I should get this one..

http://www.combibaby.com/goods/obi/hazimete_4w8s.html

Saw at kiddy palace selling at 199. Later, I go Robinsons to check it out.

Tiffany
She using silicon ones.. didn't let her use latex ones.. even pacificers oso silicon ones.

Good question u've asked.. i oso trying to figure out how long b4 i need to change.. but the softer the silicon ones, the more Xuanting likes le.. =p
 
A fren, who attended the parentcraft, was told that bottle teats should be replaced every 6 weeks. Is there a need? But i read the instruction from NUK, it should be replaced when there're signs of wear and tear lei.....
 
Amy Ang,
I know about that Combi light weight stroller, it still weight around 3kg. I got no confident walking down that fright of stairs with a baby on one hand and a stroller, and a diaper bag.

mom_yam,
dun envy me lah. I have cancel appointment with my friends because the place they want to go got no nursing room. Cancel another outing because I cannot bring bb into a karaoke room (under age muahahaha). Somemore my mom is now scare of KJ, my mil do not dare to take care of him also, called us to come home quickly when we are shopping at the supermarket. I really pray hard that my boy will not have problem with solid at 6 month so that I can have my freedom back.

I spend 2 days, 1 night at my mom place and came back yesterday. When I put KJ onto our bed, he smile so happily. When I sling KJ, he was smiling and kicking again. I think he know that this is his house. 3 month old only leh, how come so senitive?

I got a friend who bottle feed at night but latch on during the day. Her bb reject her and want the bottle now. I guess she is lucky.
 
Evon

Yeah.. it requires baby's neck to be strong.. but Amanda's head is still not that strong yet but she will rest her head against my chest.. what I like about it is that i can use the sling when she is older.. as compared to other slings..
 
hunniepot,
I got a sling already, mine is MIM one. My friend said she is passing me her baby carrier, so I am still waiting.

Koalarie,
The baby carrier look good. Can carry bb behind and do housework infront.
 
Koalarie, thanks.. i will try my best to be as patient as possible. so sad..

I'm also trying to cope with all, but is hard to have personal time to do reading. Very lucky I have a maid on my daily housework if not i thk i will die coz' my hubby dont help much expect playing with BB.

Carrier:-
I've read a book for bbs to 1 year old, it indicate is not true that we should wait till the bbs neck to be firm. So i guess is safe to use.

I'm also thinking of buying one, so is very easy to bring isaac out alone. currently i'm using the mom-in-mind's sling.
 
Maraquan, I also face the same problem gog out with frds coz' mon to fri day time with my in laws. i want my bb to be with me more so, want to bring him out with my frds. But then they alw choose place wo nursey room or ktv end up either i cancel them or i leave him my in law.

in order to be close to Isaac i choose to cancel my frd's appt. :p
 
Maraquan,
good huh?? Can carry bb front or back n yet do housework.

Hunniepot,
ya.. so hesitated to get ergo.

Mom Yam
No worries.. At least u got a maid..

I got to play with time and do as much housework as i can on Sunday nights - Wednesday evenings after work and sometimes in early mornings. Hb only helps out on Saturdays to vaccum the house, mop the floors and wash toilets.

Re: Moms-in-mind sling
haahaa.. I oso use to carry Xuanting few times.. but hb doesn't like it.. he doesn't want to use sling to carry xuanting lo.

So tat's y i looking out for bb carrier lo.

Re: Bringing bb out
Wow.. u all very courageous le.. if nobody accompanies me, I dun dare to bring Xuanting out alone.
So many things to bring.
That's y if can breastfeed bb is the best.. then no need to bring bottles, warmer, milk powder...
 



Back
Top