(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Preciousbabe,

Baby Jayden is so cute!!!!
happy.gif
 


Koalarie,
Me don't remember anymore. Hahah.. Don't know why in my head it's C-sect. Hunniepot will remember.
happy.gif


Same thing about the pants. I think cos tummy too big so the rubber cannot accomodate so it slides down.
 
Juzmaine & Evon,

My actual EDD is on the 15th April but gynae says can c-sect anytime from 2 april onwards so hb n i decided to choose 2 April as it's a sunday and also before Qing Ming lor.

Ladies,

Did anyone of you ask the gynae during your check up whether bb has the cord coiled around the body or neck? Cos due to my gynae's comment, it's a very common thing.So some gynae might not inform their patients as it happens to 1 in every 3 babies..n there's not potential danger for natural birth.

So if any mummies out there are concern about it, perhaps you would like to ask your gynae to check. This is my personal opinion.
 
Rach,
I normally asked my gynae if my baby's cord is hindering him in any way. I don't specifically asked if it's coiled round his neck. My gynae would check and he'd say no problem and I'd just accept it.
 
Jilian,

Glad to hear that..U going for natural birth?? I wanted to but found out about the cord round neck then hb advise better not to.. in fact,till now i'm not very prepared for c-sect leh..

Hunniepot,

Need some advise from you..

1) you got put on the binder after your c-sect??

2) able to breast feed immediately after c-sect??

3) you choose GA or epi for c-sect huh??

4) after c-sect,is it painful to move around??

5) how long does it takes for the wound to heal??

6) any problem sitting down or bending the body after c- sect??

Sorry for asking so many questions..am trying to get myself prepared for this sun leh..

the thought of going under the knife seems scary to me leh..getting shivers whenever i think abt it..
 
Juzmaine
Thks..gee..hopefully by then i'm all ready to go for e GSS..hee..& of cos bb as well..though still thinking whether can cope bringing him out..cos i heard it's rather troublesome for a new born to go out.

Yest went to c my gynae & according to him, he's expecting tt I'll be delivering in a week plus time..gee..really cant believe tt i'll be seeing my bb soon..opps..should hv seen these posts earlier..so i can ask him whether the cord is around his neck a not..:p but anyway, my gynae normally don't say much..guess he don't want to worry us unnecessary. Hmm..at least i can c from the scan tt my bb's heart beat is really strong
 
Rach
dun worry too much..just take things as it comes..I'm sure with proper rest & taking care of yourself, u'll recover quickly..^_^
 
Rach,
Hehe.. Trying to be gung-ho, so yes going for natural birth. It's a personal thing. If your hb and you choose c-sect cos afraid for baby then of course it's your choice. Well I suppose if you were banking of a normal delivery, then now opt for c-sect sure a bit scared. Maybe from now till Sunday you can read up more, so you know what to expect then it won't be so scary. You gonna be seeing your gynae again before Sunday? It would help if you write down a list of your concerns and ask him to allay your fears.
 
Jillian & Evon

Yup.. jumbo had a ND.. not c-section lar

Rach

My gynae always check for me if bb's cord is hindering bb in anyway during the ultrasound scans.. I am actually very glad that I went for emergency c-section cos my bb's heart rate was decelerating with every contraction in the delivery ward.. and we didnt know the reasons why then.. my gynae was very firm about wanting me to go for c-section after he saw the bb's heart rate.. only discovered that the cord was partially ard her neck during the c-section itself.. cant imagined what would have happened if I didnt go for c-section then...
 
morning everyone!

rach, when is qing ming and what's wrong with hving baby during qing ming time ah?

shylyn, not sure if it's good to bring nb to GSS cos so many people around, maybe lots of germs leh

re cord, i never even ask gyne leh. just figured he will tell us if there's any problem

cheers, just thought of something last night. u were saying yr am fluid getting low. i was wondering if this has anything to do with how much water u drink? what i mean is if yr body is dehydrated, cannot produce am fluid? but i'm not sure la, just thinking only. maybe u can read up / check internet on what can help
 
jilian,
i'll not b seeing my gynae till sun for the c-sect..haha!!

hunniepot,
u did a gud choice by choosing c-sect in the end lor.. me now trying to prepare myself for c-sect..seems like kinda gan cheong leh..not sure whether it's bcos gonna see bb soon, not really prepared yet or wat..having kinda weird feelings..

sggal,
Qing ming is on the 5th April. There's nothing wrong with having bb on Qing Ming, just hb dun like it nia lar.. no worries.. hiak hiak..
 
Sggal
kinda true..but i guess it got to depend on bb's ind immune system as well..i c some mothers bringing bbs who r definitely new born to shopping centres as well..of cos, mabbe they hv no choice ..hee..but anyway, shall c how things go then..mabbe i'm too sian to bring bb out by then..

RE: Qing Ming
I guess some Chinese are more 'pang tang'. For my case, really bobian if bb chooses to come out during this period..cos i think he's due sooner or later
 
1) you got put on the binder after your c-sect??

- I did put on the binder but didnt like it so I took it off.. moreover my gynae told me it is only for comfort purpose only..

2) able to breast feed immediately after c-sect??

- I am able to breastfeed immediately after c-section as I was on epidural not GA.. think I breastfed her 1 hour after I came out of the OT

3) you choose GA or epi for c-sect huh??

- Epi but not strong enough for me.. so they put me on light sleep for 5 to 10 mins (if I did not hear wrongly.. think they gave me morphine?? with epi?) I find that this is the best arrangement.. firstly I am able to see my baby almost immediately after birth.. and I can breastfeed her immediately..

4) after c-sect,is it painful to move around??

I actually started moving about half a day after c-section hehe.. quite painful and uncomfortable..but got to try to walk about to prevent deep vein thrombosis

5) how long does it takes for the wound to heal??

Hmm.. I am going to see my gynae later.. he shld be removing the stitches for me later.. but it is still slightly uncomfortable.. abit tight.. and moreover.. think the womb contracts whenever I breastfeed thus the wound hurts quite a bit during brestfeeding.. but taking painkillers really help.. and you can still breastfeed after taking the pain killers

6) any problem sitting down or bending the body after c- sect??

Try not to bend down too much right after the op.. I can bend down quite easily now after 1 week.. sitting down is a little painful but its bearable lar
happy.gif


I was very nervous when told that I had to go for c-section.. I have not prepared at all.. was shivering very badly from the epidural effects.. felt very scared.. but b4 you know it.. its over liao.. and not that scary actually.. more imptly is to have plenty of rest after that can liao..
 
halo ladies, pai seh.. mia for few days.. fall sick on the last day of confinement.. sore throat, cough, fever.. doi.. move back to my mum's place day after nixon's full month celebration... need my mum take care of him..

someone having doubts about my mode of delivery huh? keke.. i had natural birth..

how's everyone doing?? I've learn to bathe Nixon just now.. he enjoys himself with the water but i still have phobia.. scare he will slipped off from my arms.. keke..
 
jumbo

I still dont dare to shower Amanda myself yet.. just stand there and look while my hb or mum showers her..

My bb has a definate sleeping time.. how about Nixon? Mine will sleep all the way in the day time.. and will start crying at 1 am and refuses to sleep till 7 am!
 
Hi Shylyn, yeah better dun bring newbprn BB out to crowded place (esp with the HFMD going on) plus it's troublesome to breastfeed too if you really wanna shop, so many things to worry abt, how to hv shopping therapy ;p

Hi ssgal, me asked this qn abt hving BB in Qing Ming period too cos hubby's col mentioned BB born during this period this yr are likely to fall sick (TOUCHWOOD) but we can't control leh, then how abt those BBs born in the Hungry Ghost Festival? Heard this yr there are 2 HGF somemore!! God will watch over our precious BBs & bless them with health, so dun tink too much, it's juz another date.
Oh, Hunnie & Rach, we've to refrain ourselves frm carrying heavy stuffs for at least 6 mths after op, so as to let the wound recover fully
happy.gif


Hi Jumbo, take care! Are u still breastfeeding Nixon? Have you slimmed down after the massage? :p
394411.gif
 
Juzmaine

When did you start going out of the house after c-section? I am thinking of getting some stuffs from cold storage and kiddy palace later.. dont know whether it is a good idea to go out now
 
hunniepot, u better rest well.. try to learn how to bathe ur girl after ur confinement. Cos dun get in touch with water is better.. my mum allow me to bathe nixon today.. cos i need to bathe him when i get home.. tat day went back to my in-laws' place.. my mil tried to bathe him but she doesn't know how.. gosh.. think i better do it myself.. nixon will sleep after feed.. but sometime he will want more milk and we refuse to give hime more and stuff him with pacifier.. he's increased his fm intake to 90ml per feed.. and he will wake up quite punctually for his milk.. these few days, he's sleeping the same room with my mum cos i couldn't pull myself up from the bed cos of the med.. about waking up at nite.. really up to him leh.. some nite if he's good, he only wake up once after feed and sleep till morning... some time will "play" with himself for few hours, waiting for feeding.. then fall asleep after feed.. but one thing about him is, he will cry very loud when he wanna pee.. and when my mum make the wee wee sound, he'll just pee..

ur girl have mix up the day and nite liao huh? keke.. but let ur mum take care of her lor.. my mil told me to train bb to differentiate day and nite.. but how to?? it is always easier to say than done..
sad.gif


juzmane, i'm giving nixon ebm, not latch on.. about the massage.. hmm, not much different leh.. Kathija said it isn't for me to slim down cos i'm big bone.. she said the main purpose of massage is to improve blood circulation.. dun take it as slimming programme :p u taking any post natal massage?
 
hi hunniepot

I'm new to this thread, and my boy is due late April 06.

Been following the "birth story" of your girl.... just want to ask you whether the c-sect wound is extremely painful when healing? Are you still on painkillers now?

By the way, I LURRVVE your girl's chubby cheeks! Hope my boy has them too...
happy.gif
 
hunniepot, ur mum not strict one huh? can go out of the house?? my mum kinda strict to me.. she doesn't allow me to go out during my confinement.. the time i can go out is when i visit nixon during his stay at hospital, went to do nixon's birth cert and brought nixon to see doc.. other than that.. she wants me to stay at home.. even now, she wants me to stay at home.. she said real confinement should be 40 days.. not a month.. gosh..
 
girls, here's my birth story.. sorry to keep u gals waiting.. refresh my mind on that day..

21 February 2006

11.40pm Found some water leakage on panties after last visit of toilet for the day. No contraction. Babys movement still can be felt.

11.45pm Can feel water leaking while lying on the bed. Unsure is urine or amniotic fluid but a bit sticky. Found a bit brownish and trace of blood when wipe with tissue paper. Quickly put on maternity pad and disposable panties. Still no contraction, babys movement still strong.


22 February 2006

12.15am Check on pad, found brownish and trace of blood. No contraction, babys movement still present. But feeling uncontrolled bladder. Drip of water can be seen.

12.40am Gush of water. Pool of water on the floor. Sticky feel. Call labour ward to tell them my condition.

01.15am Reached hospital, go to labour ward assessment room to check up. Put on monitoring belt to monitor babys movement and my contraction. Babys movement was strong. Check by doctor, water bag confirmed burst, cervix dilated 1cm only.

03.00am Mild contraction. No keep track of contraction interval

04.00am Feel hungry. Still can feel mild contraction till 10am.

08.00am Went for shower

08.15am Had breakfast. Hmm not nice at all keke

09.00am Doctor assessment but never check on cervix. Was given steroid to mature babys lung. Steroid has to be given every 12 hours.

10.00am Did scanning to check babys position and measure babys size

09.00pm Another dose of steroid

23 February 2006

05.00am Feel mild contraction till 7am

09.00am Start drip for induction, check on cervix, still remain 1cm. Contraction started in a while after drip. Contraction at every 10 minutes, each contraction lasted a minute. Using gas to relief pain.

11.45am Doctors assessment, cervix dilated to 3cm. Doctor and nurses urge me to use epidural as they predict my labour will be a long one. Because my cervix dilated very slow and cos of first baby.

12.00pm Start epidural first bullet. A tube was inserted at the back. Have a nice sleep till 3pm. Empty bladder by nurse every few hours

03.00pm Can feel mild contraction again. Given 2nd bullet of epidural. Have a nice sleep till 7pm.

04.00pm Cervix dilated to 5cm

07.00pm Given 3rd bullet of epidural.

08.00pm Cervix dilated to 8cm

10.20pm 11.18pm

Start feeling sensation (the feeling like wanna shit) and feel contraction again. Epidural found empty. Hubby and nurse said can see babys hair liao. Had a first push.. it was a tiring.. keep telling huuby to ask doc to pull baby out.. keke.. after an hour hard push.. Nixon finally out.. Can heard his cry a minute later.. and saw how the nurses clean him.. after cleaning him.. the nurse brought him to me.. first time meeting my son
happy.gif
feel so amazing..

11.18pm - 01.00am

Push out the placenta, can feel doc stiching up my wound.. can feel the pain.. doc asked me to put on gas to relief pain... had more than 10 stiches.. saw how placenta looks like.. yucks.. had my dinner finally after stich and push back to ward to sleep..
happy.gif
 
hunniepot,

thanks for answering to my queries..
still have very mixed feeling about going for c-sect..though bo bianz will go for it in the end..
find that u're very "wei da" leh.. labour for so long n gone thru c-sect..now still wan to go out..aiyoh..
think u better rest well during your confinement period bah..get hb or ur mum to help u get the stuffs u need lor

juzmaine,
thanks for informing me abt not carrying heavy stuffs for 6 months..then do we have to keep away from prawns, crab,etc to prevent infection to the wound?? if need, gotta stay away for how long?? been craving for fresh oyster for very long liao leh..thought can feast on it after elivery but now.. haiz..
 
Rach....
Indeed ur decision is a surprise but anyway an early congrats!

Precious,
BB Jayden is so cute he dun look like a 2.4kg BB leh! He looks quite big! Wishing u a speedy recovery!

Hunnie,
U too rest well, dun think u can go out lah!
 
Jumbo,
Great birth story!
happy.gif
Amazing you can remember the timings and all that. I'm bringing a notebook, I think will have to depend on hubby to write down every single thing.
 
Wow.. thx, Jumbo 4 sharing ur story.

I keep telling myself no Epidural.. no Epi.. dunno can or not..

Yesterday got a scare from another friend. As u noe, me b taking annual leave next week n then ML from the following week onwards, I tot it's normal bbs come earlier. But I didn't expect that there are incidents where the first born bbs came out at least 2~3 weeks later than EDD.

Just now another friend just shared her friend's came a month later....

I was like.. OM.... Should I still continue working till I give birth? Else really wasteful of ML.. isn't it?

How?
 
Koalarie,
Same here. My relatives tell me first BBs usually late. But my gynae said might be early. There's no clear rule though. Depends on you. If you have enough leave, then you can still take.

I'm not taking till the day I pop.
happy.gif
Cos I no baby bonus only 2 months company maternity leave so cannot afford to take earlier. Also cos my gynae said just continue to work. Maybe you can ask your gynae for advise?
 
jumbo

Heh.. my mum discourages me from going out lar.. My mum was not strict with me initially.. she wont insist that I follow the confinement rules.. but nowadays she will tell me nicely to try to adhere to it.. I take to the soft approach so I tend to follow more closely these few days.. but cos Im going to see gynae later to remove stitches.. so I hope to sneak out for a while.. need to buy a few things from Toa Payoh Hub..

It is always eaiser said than done.. how to teach bb to differentiate between night and day? My hb's colleagues advised me to sleep while bb sleeps.. follow bb's timing.. but how to sleep when my neighbour's house is undergoing reno? Argh!!

Thanks for your birth story.. looks like you have had a long labour as well! Hehe.. mommies are very wei da
happy.gif


Rach

No problem..
happy.gif
Feel free to ask me anymore qns which you may have.. My mum and hb dont know what I need to buy.. think I better go myself and wear the binder out later..

Yup.. my mum also said keep away from seafood.. for at least 12 days? Hrmm.. not sure though..

Tanwawas78

Thanks for your compliments on my girl hehe

The c-section wound is not extremely painful.. (otherwise how do I walk about??) painful yes definately but not unbearable.. cant lie in bed all the way cos it isnt good for us.. might get deep vein thrombosis.. I am on painkillers now.. have to take it 3 to 4 times a day.. going to remove my stitches later..
 
Jilian,
gynae got said can take on 10 April onwards. So that's y doing so.

O.. sorry.. but how cm no ML for u?

Re: Qing Min
How long is qing min huh? Till which date?

Hunniepot,
Wow.. so got to go back GlenE to do the stitches? In the Gynae's clinic?

Jumbo, Hunniepot, preciousbabe,
Did u all wash ur hair during confinement? Me wanting 2 buy little dreamers dry powder or the shampoo 2 use.. but friend said but dun waste $.. so i ask u three .. =p

Rach,
U muz b really excited.. Any additional charges to do C section on weekends? Urs is considered elective C section, right? Epi or GA? U thinking of?
 
Koalarie,
Maybe if you don't want to take yet, then you can ask your gynae if don't take is it a problem.

My hubby and I are Singapore PR only. So our baby even though born here cannot be a Singaporean. So no baby bonus scheme loh. So ML is based on company policy. For my company is 8 weeks, so that's all I'm getting. Extra will be annual leave.
 
jilian , i brought a note book with me to record donwn wat's going on with me.. but during the delivery day.. i was too tired and didnt record much.. u might wanna do the same and remind u the whole process after delivery
happy.gif


koalarie, take this chance to relax urself lor.. cos once bb's out.. u wont have much rest liao.. u will keep wanna peep how's ur baby's doing even u have someone to take care of ur baby.. keke.. for epidural, try not to take it if u can.. i knvr know my tolerance level's so low.. keke.. cant take the pain..

hunniepot, i also sneaked to taka fair the last time with my hubby when we were out to do nixon's birth cert.. for me, the stitch dissolved by itself, dun have to remove it by doc.. but going to visit my gynea next month for review.. brought nixon for 2nd dose of Hep B jab last friday.. he's a brave boy.. cry a while nia and fall asleep again.. ask mu mum to carry him when jab cos i scare he keep moving around and i cant get hold of him properly..
 
koalarie, i washed 3 times during my confinement.. my mum bought the dry powder spray for hair for me.. but i didn't use.. it make my hair look dry but somehow after sometime, hair feel abit sticky.. I tied up my hair through the confinement cos i dun want my hair to touch on nixon's face when i carry or go near him.. when dun wanna keep tying up my hair and go wash cos cant touch water so frequent.. my mum boiled the herbs with ginger for me to shower and wash hair.. but the water irritate my eyes when i wash hair cos it contain ginger.. it spicy..

jilian, me also PR here but hubby is singaporean.. for ML, i think we can follow the government one.. i have emailed my accountant to apply the 3rd month salary from the government.. perhaps u can check out the maternity leave from the net.. www.maternityleave.gov.sg
 
Jumbo,
Cannot. My hubby is not Singaporean either. For Bb to be Singaporean, at least one parent must be Singaporean. I checked already. But thanks for the tips.
happy.gif
 
jumbo

How long does it take for Nixon to latch on last time? It seems that Amanda takes about 15 mins to finish 70 ml of EBM while she takes 45 mins to 1 hr to latch on..
 
hunniepot, i nvr try to latch nixon on for bm leh.. but ever latch him on when he cry.. to sub my nip as his pacifier.. he just keep on sucking and sucking and i dunno any bm flow that time.. for bottle feed, Nix uses 10 to 15 minutes to finish 90ml.. if he's half asleep while feeding.. it will take longer.. did u check is it norm for her to latch for so long?
 
Hi Ivy,
My gynae said normal range for fluid level should be 8 to 25. So I guess, yours is considered borderline low.It also depends on how advanced you are in your pregnancy. I'm sure your gynae will advise you according to your condition. i read in another thread that one lady has hers at 4.5 towards the last month, so doc advised c-section to prevent fetal distress. Well, what the rest says is true. we will have to trust and listen to our gynae.

What sggal said is true too. Sometimes it could be due to not drinking enough water. My gynae asked me to drink lots of water and rest as much as possible. I try to drink at least 3 litres daily but does not really help much for me. Maybe I also go to toilet very often. Everytime I stand up, I feel the urge to pee.

Anyway, I just saw my gynae today. Told him the pressure I felt on my pelvis and he said it could be the start of labour. He did not check my cervix though as he said should just let labour start naturally. OOps, so now I'm like when am i supposed to wish to pop. My baby boy about 2.8kg ( is that small for 37 weeks?). tomorrow is my 30th birthday. I secretly wish my boy will not choose to come out tom coz i hope to spend some private time celebrating with my husband before we become parents. But my husband is worried that my boy will be out on April Fools day. If so, he said it's his retribution for laughing at his classmates who had birthdays on 1 April last time. Sigh!

cheers
 
hi jumbo, got your email and just replied!

anyone who's gonna try for no-epi?

told my gynae i try to tahan if i can, she went "wide-eyed" cos she feels that it's just not worth bearing the pain - it results in mummy being tired out by the tahan-ning. even hb agrees....
 
hi tanwawas, revert the mail to u liao.

i also opt for epidural after 3 hours of pain.. can really sleep well after tat.. conserve all ur energy to pushing part.. but i wonder how come the olden day women can went through all these pain?? really pei-fu them..
 
Cheers,
My niece's birthday is on 1st April
happy.gif
And happy birthday in advance.

tanwawas,
I am trying for no-epi if possible. In this case, don't listen to your gynae or hb if you really want to go without epidural. They should be supporting you and not passing judgement on your decision. Sorry if I sound upset, but I do feel upset when I hear stories about doctors telling their patients that they should deliver in a 'civilized' manner with epidural, and have epidural why want to endure the pain. Instead of being wide-eyed, your gynae should have asked you to read up on techniques and be prepared for what to expect. Should make your husband read also so he can help you when the time comes.

Jumbo,
So cute! Hehe.. I think this is standard R(A) pic. I think most of us would have been photographed naked when we were babies. Looks like your BB's umblical cord came off very nicely.
 
ya jilian.. his umbilical cord came off when he was hospitalised.. keeping his cord.. will show it to him next time... keke..tell him wat's mu-zi-lian-xin.. wahahah
 
Hi Tanwawas,

I was toying with the no-epi idea coz i was attending antenatal classes with my hubby on coping with labour pains and my hubby feels that i can do it. I'm not too sure of my own pain threshold but I tend to get very squeamish when it comes to pap-smear and internal examination etc. Anyway, after some consideration, i decided not to challenge myself. But I would try to endure till I'm dilated at least 5cm before I asked for epi to minimise the time I have to be on it. Well, it's easier said than done coz some of my friends are yelling for it even before 3 cm. According to our antenatal coach, she said for first time labour, the window for epi is very wide, so we can ask for it even when we are about 7-8cm dilated. Not sure if it is true. She is a midwife from UK so maybe abit diff from what we do here in Spore.
Anyway, word of caution from many people, the checking of the cervix dilation is very painful. Er, just the thought of it scares me. For those who have given brith, Is that true?
 
cheers3344, checking on cervix dilation is not painful at all.. but abit uncomfortable as doc or mid wife will put her finger in to check..
 
Cheers,
You CAN say no when doc/midwife wants to check if at that point in time you're not ready/uncomfortable. I think cos for most of us first timers, we're not sure what is a must and what is not. Usually most 'procedures' are not a must. It's really up to the patient. I'd suggest if you're not sure, to ask your doctor. E.g. it's not a must to be strapped to the electronic fetal monitoring machine to check on baby's heartbeat. They have another type of instrument that they use manually to check, which would allow us to be mobile since we're not attached to any machine.
 
hunniepot, i think better for you to stay at home - kuai kuai - in my opinion. Don't think you want to expose yourself to unnecessary germs. Muz take care of your physical body especially when you said you are going for 2nd, 3rd child.

Evon, i juz had my check-up. Had a CTG scan and then my doctor checked my cervix. He said still pretty high up although my EDD is next Thursday.
happy.gif
I told him i'm thinking of starting my ML on Monday. He said go ahead since we now have 3 months ML. He also said go enjoy myself 1st b4 bb comes out
happy.gif
 
cheers3344, i juz had my cervix checked by my gynae. He was very gentle, no pain at all. except like wat jumbo said, feels funny as doc puts finger in to check. Usually after CTG scan, doc will do cervix check.
 
Hi gals,

Can anyone advise me how to calculate contractions interval like 5 mins apart etc... not sure shld start counting from when?
 

daphne - what's a ctg scan, and when does doc usually do it? how abt the cervix check? is it time to conduct the check?

i'm now at my 35th week, going on 36th tomorrow.

next mon going to gynae, will be doing a routine test on bb's heartbeat.
 

Back
Top