(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

shylyn,
partially only... but time passed really difficult 4 me 2day.. especially got woken up by hb n bb @3+am n only caught a nap after watching VVDrama @ 6.15am n woke up @ 7.15am till tix morning. =(

Really wanted to Zzzzzzzzzzzz..

2morrow b seeing Gynae.. hopefully she b able to advice if bb has engaged.. been feeling lots of forces ard my pelvic bones area.. it's like something like to push the skin ard there..

Jumbo,
What flow?
 


Jumbo
Ur mum's place rather near to mine..I'm staying around Jurong Point area. So ur in laws will be looking after ur bb & u after ur confinement?
 
Koalarie
yah..can imagine trying to work w/o sufficient sleep..torture indeed..make sure u get sufficient sleep tonight ^_^
 
Hi ladies!!
Brought Jayden to the polyclinic tdy for his jaundice check. So glad that his level is within the acceptable range. Sat still have to bring him back for 1 final check before he's really declared to be free frm jaundice.

I've also managed to establish my BM!! Hee...though only manage to pump out abt 10ml, am very glad liao. Will try again later to pump out more.

Here's a pic taken at the polyclinic while waiting for the results.
395347.jpg
 
heehehehe, BB Jayden is so cute, I like his hair, brownish one!!!

Me worried if confinement period is gonna be rainy season again (prob April-May) (which is wat happened when my gal was born, alot of BB including my gal was admitted due to jaundice, cos no sunlight), BB needs sunlight in the morning before 10am leh, and the season is rainy but humid kind...duh.....
 
jumbo

My mum has carpel tunnel syndrome as well.. accompanied her to see an occupational therapist.. and he mentioned that besides sleeping with hand underneath pillow.. it can also be due to the way you carry Nixon.. perhaps you can change the position in how you hold him.. cos if you keep holding him in the same position.. the pain will get worse

Has your flow been heavy? Mine was only heavy for the 1st 2 days.. and now it is quite little but still flowing..

Im sure you will be able to handle Nxon just fine
happy.gif
So proud of myself haha.. I handled Amanda all by myself last night.. my hb knew that hes going to have a long day today so he slept in a separate room and I didnt want to tire my mum out.. so handled her all by myself for the first time last night.. quite ok
happy.gif


Jillian

Think ear plugs shld do the trick.. thanks
happy.gif
Problem is im quite a light sleeper... hope that the heavy duty hacking will cease soon...

Evon

Wont be able to negotiate with them one.. cos contractors also need to complete the works within HDB approved dates
sad.gif
 
kolarie, blood flow, like menses, after delivery.. flowed for 5 weeks.. coming to an end liao..

shylyn, both my in-laws are working.. dun think they wanna look after nixon when i go back to work.. i've been staying at my mum's place since the 1st day of confinement.. i moved back to my in-laws' place on nixon's full month celebration but i was quite sick last few days.. i move back to my mum's place the day after the celebration.. im getting use to have my mum to help me out.. dunno can cope without anyone's at home? cos there's always nobody at my in-laws' place..

preciousbabe, ur bb very cute leh.. his jaundice will come down in no time.. dun get too worry huh..
 
hunniepot, i think the way i'm carrying nix is quite alright leh.. he even wanna sleep in my arms leh.. the flow going to finish soon...
happy.gif
 
jumbo

It is not that the way you carried him is wrong... it is just that it is a repetitive way of carrying him that might cause the pain.. cos from the list given to my mum by the hospital.. carrying of babies is one of the incidents that might cause the pain to intensify..
 
Jumbo
I guess things will work out when the time comes..so r u intending to put ur bb at an infant care centre since u r working & there's no one to take care of ur bb?

Preciousbabe
Jayden is soo adorable..can c tt he's really happy having his milk..hee

Juzmaine
I was still hoping tt the period i give birth will b rainy & cooling..guess there's a down side to it as well..never tot abt bb having jaundice

Hunniepot
pei fu u indeed! with insufficient sleep & yet u can handle ur bb gal alone by yourself at night..sighh..wonder whether i can do the same when it comes to my turn..cos i dun wanna trouble my mil though she will b moving in to t/c of me & bb
 
Re: Pain in wrist
I also dun noe y, yesterday evening my wrist also in pain. got problem driving. so i whack deep heat last nite on my wrist and massage. this am okie liao.
 
cheona

Remembered that you are looking for playgro toys right? One of my friends is organising a bulk purchase for this toy below.. let me know if you are interested:

http://www.littlegeniusonline.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=15&products_id=534

shylyn

Its very tiring indeed.. my bb woke up at 2 am last night and refused to sleep till 430 am.. pee and poo so many times till I have to change diapers 3 - 4 times within 2.5 hours! Went back to sleep and she woke up at 630 am to demand for milk.. was too tired to latch her on.. and finished up the EBM I stored for her.. luckily my mum woke up liao and she fed her FM.. slept like a pig till now.. when the reno started
sad.gif
 
hunniepot,
U better get some rest while u can. I also on night duty since the day I came back frm the hospital. Jayden is very hungry at night, his feeds are every 2 hourly and every time drinking abt 50ml. I can't catch up with his demand so got to mix FM with BM. Hee...my house here also have reno and construction going on but somehow, not affecting us lor..mayb we r used to the noise coz of our dogs' frequent barking too.
happy.gif
 
preciousbabe

Jayden's feed is 2 hrly? Quite shiong also.. my girl sleeps like a log in the day.. she only wakes up like once every 4 hours.. but night time.. about every 2 hourly.. she is demanding for alot more milk now.. I normally latch her on for 30 mins on each breast.. gave her EBM of 50ml last night.. and she still suckles for another 30 mins on 1 breast.. pulled her away as I really needed to sleep.. and she can drink up to almost 125 ml of FM last night... super greedy!

Good that you are not affected by the reno noises.. I cant stand those contruction and reno noises.. but guess got to live with it for now
 
Preciousbabe,
How come you say you can't catch up with Jayden's demand? What makes you think so? Is it cos he drink EBM then he wants somemore after he finishes?
 
hunniepot,
wah....Amanda is quite a big eater!! For Jayden's case, he's quite regular in his feeds during the day, every 3 hourly but at night, abit unpredictable lor.

My nipples r abit short so Jayden doesn't like to latch on. So I bo bianz have to express, then somemore supply also not much. Now my nipples and hands are so painful frm the pumping. Hahaa...

Does your wound still hurts? Coz mine does leh, wonder if it's because I moved ard too much at home liao. Then hor, my flow also kind of stopping liao. Yours leh?
 
Jilian,
Coz my BM only came in yesterday and after much pumping, can only express abt 30ml. Jayden is currently drinking abt 50ml per feed and my BM is only 30ml for the whole day. That's y can't catch up lor.
 
morning ladies,

wah. i didn't come on for a day only the thread so fast, dunno what to reply liao :p

so i'll ask question instead.

mummies who've delivered ... when u get contractions, is it the whole tummy pain? cos i got some pain yesterday, but only in small parts of tummy together with back sng. and i think it's not the real thing cos it stopped and went away. but think better to know what real contractions feel like so that can be prepared

re epidurial.. can't remember who asked abt this. i also plan not to hv. Dr and hubby very encouraging about it. there's also another thread in the pregnancy area about avoiding epi that u might want to read, (think koalarie started it
happy.gif
)
 
preciousbabe, why not feed direct? i read somewhere that first month don't bottle feed ebm, should feed direct so that don't confuse baby wor
 
hunniepot & preciousbabe, i found from other thread that there's a formula of calculating how much milk ur bb should drink each time.. the formula is

(bb's weight x 150) / (24 / interval hour)
 
sggal, the contraction pain is only at the tummy area.. it is like menses cramp.. but it is more painful than the menses cramp and, for me, it pains all the way to my back.. u can feel ur tummy's tightening when contraction comes..
 
daphne,
very dangerous like tat 2 drive leh.. that time i was in 5th month n my right foot cramped suddenly while driving... luckily i was still in cp then n dun dare 2 drive after tat...
Later, I go c my gynae.. will ask her as well.. as my both hands - fingers to wrists seem more painful from night time onwards till early mornings.
 
jumbo

thanks for the info

interval hours.. meaning if I feed bb once every 4 hours.. then the interval hour is 4 right?

sggal

I was very worried about the nipple confusion issue too... but think not all babies will be affected.. my baby drinks from nuk, avent and pigeon bottles and she still suckles very well on my breasts..
 
evon, actually everybody including my boss ask me wah, you still can drive, not uncomfortable meh. i juz shrug it off. i have been very independent running ard by myself, so if suddenly have to ask pple to drive me ard, i not used to it. moreover, now walking also a bit kan ko, so i dun like to take public transport.
 
hunniepot, ya.. the interval is "every __ hours" actually, the formual 24/interval time.. is how many time u feed ur bb a day.. for me.. i feed my baby every 3 hours.. interval time is 3.. 24/3=8 feeds my bb a day.. something like tat lah..

ur gal very cute leh.. open her eyes big big to look around huh? Nix very lazy, always dun wanna open his eyes... u nvr wrap her up already??
 
jumbo

Thanks for the clarification.. think I might be over-feeding her liao.. no wonder she sleeps like a log during the day time

I stopped wrapping her up after I brought her back.. prefer to put her into the sleeping bag instead.. she kept kicking the receiving blanket away.. and sometimes it covers her face.. so scared not safe for her lor..

Yeah haha.. she was looking ard everywhere last night.. I gave a wail of frustration when she poo poo immediately after changing her diaper.. and she turned and looked at me with the type of look that says: "so what? it is my entitlement to pee and poo as and when I like to" She only opens her eyes at night..
 
Hunniepot, jumbo and preciousbabe,
who is using the little dreamers stuff? Which one?
I'm thinking of ordering when I'm on leave next week.. = p
 
sggal,
I can't direct feed as Jayden has problems latching on. Anyway, I think it's better to bottle feed frm now as it will be easier for my mum to take care if I decide to go and work after the 1 mth confinement.

Evon,
I ordered the little dreamers warming shampoo but have yet to use coz got to wait for 12 days before I can bathe. Right now I'm using the traditional method: using the chinese rice wine to wipe my body, can't shampoo my hair yet. Relying on the shampoo spray which is quite good leh coz hair don't feel itchy.
 
Preciousbabe,
You planning to go work after only 1 month's rest? Wow.

By the way, for those who have already given birth, you perspire a lot during labour right? Then all the blood and sweat. Don't bathe and wash hair can tahan ah? I feel icky just thinking about it. At least can wash down there or not?
 
preciousbabe,
why can't use? Becoz of C section?
What type of shampoo spray? Where u get it from? Can't seem 2 find in the website. =p

Didn't noe can use chinese rice wine.. u mean, cannot use those frm chinese pharmacies herbal bath?

* Paiseh*

Ask so many questions.. a bit blur blur.
 
Jilian,
Haahaaa....Of coz can wash down there lah...I use hot water. As for hair, at first I also thought can't tahan but the spray my mum bought for me very effective, I don't feel itchy and my hair not oily lor.

Evon,
My mum is very strict with me and I can't bathe and wash hair for the first 12 days. That's y havn't use the warming shampoo yet. The spray that my mum bought for me is not frm the website, she got it frm the medical shop. The brand is Batiste Dry Shampoo. Ya, can use rice wine with hot water to wipe your body. It's suppose to prevent wind frm getting into your body lor. Zoe Tay also uses this method during her confinement
happy.gif
 
O... i can't imagine wine rubbing on top my skin.. can't even dahan when having those massage oils already.... what's more rice wine? =p

Ok... for the shampoo, I go check out later.. =p

Re: BB Jaundice
Heard sb's PD said bb after birth may still get jaundice? And so if bbs are taking bm, mommies've to minimize food /w ginger n wine for first few days? Is tix true?
Think it was in a thread yesterday..
 
Preciousbabe,
How much chinese rice wine to how much water? I also never hear of the chinese rice wine method before. Any chinese rice wine?

Actually I plan to at least wash myself once after birth once I have energy to do it in the hospital. If not don't think I'd feel comfortable. That includes washing hair and showering. Gonna pack a hair dryer. I know probably not advisable but if I'm going to feel uncomfortable the whole time I think that'll be worse.
 
Koalarie,
Yup true. Cos ginger is not that easy for bbs liver to breakdown if their liver not matured yet. So if bb have jaundice try not to over-tax their liver and breastfeed them more often. Cos the bilirubin which causes jaundice easier to come out in pee form. So the more they drink the more they pee.
 
kolarie, i was told (by the nurse) to cut down on ginger and sesame oil when nix was hospitalise for jaundice..
 
Jilian,
There's no fixed proportion as to how much water to how much rice wine. Estimate lor. The chinese rice wine is called 'pek jiu tou' in hokkien. It's a transparent bottle, think can get frm NTUC.

Re: Ginger
The lactation nurse told me can eat anything when I BF leh. But of coz, everything in moderation lor
 
thanks jumbo, i'll look out for it.

hunniepot, so can try giving bottle la. depends on each baby if they get confused?

daphne, me too. i still driving myself around and go out jalan jalan etc. everyone thinks i'm seow. 17 days to go and still running around by myself. i cannot imagine being "trapped" and dependent on hubby or cab to get around. :p
 
it's raining here at katong too. just came back awhile ago. thot can hv nice nap since it's so rainy outside. but too bad, can't fall asleep!
 
Hi Caratsoup

Thanks for your compliments!
happy.gif
Do you have a pic of your boy which you can paste here too?

I just came back from polyclinic.. thought my bb's umbilical cord is infected and thought she looks yellow (scared jaundice came back).. luckily she is fine for both.. but got a hugh scolding from my mum as I insisted on going home during the heavy downpour.. dont like the idea of staying at the polyclinic with so much germs in the air.. then got partially drenched..
 
Hi Caratsoup

Thanks for your compliments!
happy.gif
Do you have a pic of your boy which you can paste here too?

I just came back from polyclinic.. thought my bb's umbilical cord is infected and thought she looks yellow (scared jaundice came back).. luckily she is fine for both.. but got a hugh scolding from my mum as I insisted on going home during the heavy downpour.. dont like the idea of staying at the polyclinic with so much germs in the air.. then got partially drenched..
 
hunniepot,
u naughty gal, shld have brought an umbrella along! Anyway, just want to check with u, have u received the pillow? I've received mine tdy.
 
hunniepot, u very funny leh. Dun u find it ironical dat you were afraid bb amanda would be infected with germs and yet u took a risk to be caught in the rain
happy.gif
U muz take care okie
 
preciousbabe

Celyn sent it to my mum's address instead of mine.. so have not been able to use it.. how do you intend to use yours? Wrap it up together with the receiving blanket?

I brought umbrella along.. but the rain is so heavy that it went into the car and my mum was totally wet!

daphne

Yeah lor.. only had my gal's well being in mind.. didnt think about my own heh.. think all mothers are like that...
happy.gif
 
Hunniepot
Reading abt ur post regarding ur bb staring at u for giving a wail after she pooed not long after u changed her makes me laugh..so adorable..but if i'm in your shoes.. dunno how i can cope..w insufficient sleep & a demanding bb..hee..i sure go crazy.
Btw, Amanda is soo cute..big eyes she has ^_^

Daphne & Sggal
Hee..like e both of u, i also drive today..11 more days to go as well..but bobian cos today no one to fetch me..so got to drive loh..heheh..honestly, a bit weird to b driving after so long & suddenly my tummy like expanded & makes it weirder.
 


just now went to sinseh for my wrists.. dunno he's good at it or not.. just try out for the first time.. he said my wrists "softbone" dislocated and infection.. he just "re-locate" my softbone.. no medicated oil rub on my wrist when he was doing the job.. no wrap, no herbs.. just asked me to abit of hand exercise and wait for the infection to cure then go back to him and he will "relocate" the softbone for me.. dunno how true leh.. cos i'm still feeling pain at the wrist..
 

Back
Top