(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Heehee..thanks Jilian. Coz I thot it sign of yeast infection coz yellow and thick abit like cheese. Heehee..but no itch so guess can wait till I see gynae this sat lahz. Feeling wetter these days so put on panty liner loh..haha..can't imagine if I dun recognise the signs of birth
 


sggal
Haha, i am the one that put on more than 20kg.... wahaha!!!! I think i put on most weight in April's Mum..... i better control or else will hit dunno how much liao!! Envy all you who put on so little only, if i only put on between 11 to 16kg i will be over joy liao lor
 
1sttimemum

Hehe.. soon you will be able to kiss you boy all over liao
happy.gif


I also put on 20+ kg leh.. and after giving birth.. I only lost 5 kg! Argh! Baby 3 kg, amiontic fluid 1 kg and plancenta 1 kg?!? 20 more kg to go! Dont know how to lose it...

Jillian

Your colleague is so irritating..

Babe

Think the yellow discharge is no cause for worries.. maybe you can let your gynae know about it?
 
haha jilian, we put on abt the same amt of weight, but people say i look the same, so i must hv been very big to start with :p

1sttimemum, don't evny la. next month, everyone will hv the same "problem"..... how to reduce ... hahahaaa
 
hunniepot, can't be instant la. we took 9 months to get to this weight, if suddenly lose it all also very siong for our body. they say that bf will help with the weight loss, so u have a headstart on us liao
happy.gif
then after few months can slowly start exercising lor
 
Yeah cannot suddenly lose all the weight, then we'd have loose skin hanging all over the place! Hahaha.. So must slowly get back into shape. I think taking care of baby, breastfeeding, not enough sleep will definitely help mothers lose some weight.

sggal,
Cos you tall mah. For taller people, not as obvious.
 
Gd morn ladies
Never post for a few days..thread moving rather fast.

Jilian
Hee..cant rem cos i never turn to c the second row..I'm seated either second row or first row on the right..I have long hair & my hubby's rather small built..dunno whether u rem a not ^_^ cos i dun hv impression from what u mentioned leh..hee..

RE: Lowering of tummy
My MIL commented tt my tummy rather low so most likely it's either this or next wk...well..& I can also feel my bb's head very low as well..can also c tt my tummy has gone down..though not as exaggerating like wat u girls mentioned..cos it dun look like it's gg to fall off..hee

RE:Weight Gain
I hv put on around 13kg..hopefully majority can be lost easily..hee..I'm intending to exercise once i'm fit & well..though i heard we must lie on bed whenever possible during our confinement hor...wow..dunno how i can tahan..

Btw, hv any of u ladies experienced a sharp pain at your lower tummy region? is tt supposed to be contraction? I was thinking if labour pain is like dat and continuous..dunno how to tahan..cos it's really painful & sudden..caught me by surprise!
 
HI, does anyone here know celine's (dou-ya-ke pillow) e-mail or other contact number. I've been trying to call her mobile (97860380) since sat but no answer.TIA
 
hai... me can hardly walk now... even walking to mrt station fm my ofi is a challenge! Right side of back like kanna sprain, tummy hard, groin ache...
sad.gif
drag goin to work... even cried tis morning when hubby woke me up! Hubby told me not to go work but i can't.. cos my col on leave left new girl alone, hv to endure to end of the week... i't my own problem lor... can't let go of my work... sorry har, i so lor so...
 
yukie,
Don't be so stressed. I think you need to rest leh. If cry go to work, sounds serious. I don't think you need to be emotionally stressed at this point in time. Is there a possibility for you to work from home? That could be a solution if you really cannot let go of your work.

If bopian then slowly walk. Maybe for the rest of this week you want to consider taking the cab? Left a few more days only. You can do it!
 
Hi Yukie, me experience the same as you, since last Sat, my body has been aching everyday be it getting up from chair or bed, and worst, my pte part makes me feel as if I've suffered from internal injurypain yet can't find the exact area to massage....now walking for less than 5 min can make me slow down cos can feel the BB weighing me down..not to mention my swollen feet 2 days ago, now I really walk like an old lady, thank God my colleague is very understanding, she always keep a lookout for me when i'm "off" while walking in case pple bang into my tummy, if not carry things for me :D

me have 23 more days to go, tho sounds short but each day is agonising..for the sake of a healthy BB, we'll hv to grit our teeth & go thru it..jia-you!
393783.gif
 
shylyn, really must lie in bed meh??

re pain, anyone got any feeling like baby poking at tummy with fingernails? i sometimes get this. wondering what it is
 
Yukie,
U not alone. I too'v'g such prob. Hb ve been asking me to start taking my leave earlier but I couldn't becoz of contract terms?

So I m now stuck as well till next week onwards.

So, in the meanwhile, I too walked slower than an old hag as well. =p

In the mid time, try not to cross legs and sit with legs wide open to help relieve the pain.. C if it helps.. it kind of works for me. Then occasionally massage the back spinal area..
 
hi all mommies...

Stretch-marks:
just curious, do they appear during pregnancy or after we give birth? I mean i've heard different theories. I'm now 36 weeks old & have no visible signs of stretch-marks yet but some told me that they only appear after birth. yet my gynae says otherwise...
 
sggal,
Actually I believe the lie in bed is from olden times. Last time ppl believe if start walking about after birth, the uterus will drop out cos it hasn't contracted to its original(small) size yet. Also could be the uterus never contract that fast cos last time ppl hardly breastfeed. That's why one of the reasons why we're encourage to breastfeed after birth is cos it will produce the hormone which will cause our uterus to contract.
 
Sggal
not too sure leh..one of my colleague was telling me it's best to lie down whenever possible so we can regain our strength cos tt one mth must really rest well.
Hee..i guess my bb's fingernails must b really short cos no feeling of him poking me..just sudden jerks..& i'll scold him when he does tt..gave me a scare esp when i'm trying to sleep.
 
Hi Jade,

The stretchmarks are normally caused because our skin stretched faster than it's supposed to so certain parts of the skin cells breakdown or something like that. So normally we get it as our belly gets bigger. But sometimes it's fine lines that we cannot see yet. For some the marks are red and for some they're like silvery in colour.

So if ppl tell you they only appear after birth, probably you can see it once the belly gets smaller but the marks probably got 'created' during pregnancy. Does that make sense?
 
Jilian, Juzmaine, Evon... for the sake of our bb we must jia u!

Juzmaine, my hubby oso wanna massage for me... but me too don knw where's the exact spot... haiz...

Hi Jade,
Think stretchmark appear B4 n after birth. My SIL only hv it at both side of her tummy B4 birth. But after birth, the center of her tummy oso kanna...
 
RE: Stretch Marks
I also don't have any stretch marks now..still left 2 more weeks to go..hopefully they dun turn up after giving birth..though one of the mommies was telling me tt her stretch marks appeared after giving birth..

Jilian
Btw, missed out on ur qn, I'm into my 38th wk oredi. What abt u?
 
Thanks Jilian & Yukie.
Really dread to look at my tummy after birth. Will definitely not be the same as before.. Mommies are indeed the best in the world for all the sacrifices they made.
 
hahahah, jilian, i'm getting the picture of us with our uterus falling out! :p

shylyn, agree with yr colleague abt resting, but maybe no need in bed kua?

jade, some people never get stretch marks. if u don't then u're lucky la. it all depends on the elasticity of yr skin. i got millions! :D

ON LEAVE
me on leave from tomorrow! YAY!
 
Hi all,

Would like to join in coz my EDD is 19 April but I think I'm going to deliver soon. Now really quite scared but yet looking forward to seeing my baby boy. I have been active throughout my pregnancy doing yoga, pilates and walking till my 33 weeks when I was ordered to be on bed rest by my gynae as i was having premature contractions. Have been staying at home since then, boring me to tears. Just the thought of having to spend another month of confinement after delivery at home makes me feel so 'sian' My tummy has been quite compact and also feels very hard, like I'm carrying a bowling ball around. It was lying low from the onset, so my MIL has always cautioned me not to move around so much as it may cause premature labour. Well, I guess I should have listened to her more. Unlike others, my appetite really increased only after I started my bed rest. So far, I have gained about 7kg and I'm already in my 37 weeks. In fact, my gynae said i can deliver anytime now. Have been getting a lot of pressure on my pelvis and pain on my left side of groin for the past few weeks. Today, baby seems very active and it feels like he is thumping on my pelvis. Is that a sign that I'm going to pop soon? Also another worrying thing is that my amniotic fluid has been dropping since my 32 weeks. Last week at 36 weeks, my fluid index is 10. Doc said must monitor closely coz the level should not drop till 8. Anyone has experienced the same thing? Am very worried coz I read that this is a sign baby might not be developing well and he is not peeing enough inside. might have some kidney problems. Also, lack of fluid, not enough space for him to move around, might result in musular deformity. Is that true? Hopefully someone can help to clear my doubts.
Cheers
 
Sggal
yaloh..cant imagine i'm being confined to my house oredi..and worst, bed?? heheh..then i'll be like e empress lying on her bed..while my poor mil & hubby got to serve me..hee
 
Cheers3344
long post u had there! Like u, i also did a lot of exercises thruout my pregnancy & even up till now, I'm doing aerobics..of cos no more vigourous jumping around lah..but unlike u, i put on 13kg!! heheh..mabbe my appetite has been gd thruout e pregnancy..& also luckily, need not be on bed rest..else my whole body sure cannot tahan one..
Sorry, unable to advise u on the amniotic fluid..i have yet to be told by my gynae on this..mabbe i'll ask him when i c him later..
 
RE: lying down on bed during confinement
Me din heed my mil's advise during my 1st confinemennt so walk alot can't sit still but tis time round I'll try to lie down as much as possible cos am told the reason is that it'll strengthen our uterus so that it won't fall lower as we grow older esp after natural birth. There are cases where women in the past gave birth naturally to many children but still gotta work, so when they turn old, uterus sag and in serious case gotta be removed. It's not easy for me to be bed-ridden almost all day long but since I dun intend to have a 3rd BB, I'd better stick to these rules so as not to regret when I get old
happy.gif


RE: stretchmark
I applied anti-strechmark cream daily during my 1st preg but at my last tri, all veins engorged & looks like watermelon skin, purplish red. This time round, I applied Elancyl so far (touchwood) no stretchmark yet (tho tummy bigger than 1st BB) but dark brown pigmentation very obvious. So dunno is it becos of the cream or my skin has become elastic somehow ;p

Hey mommies, maybe for a break after our confinement & to pamper ourselves, we can meet up & indulge in shopping spree during GREAT SPORE SALE!!!!!
 
Have you gals heard of BB excreting before delivery & that it's poisonous to BB for hving toxic stuffs in the amniotic sac? Me juz wonder how do we know if BB has poo-pooed? Anyone heard of tis?
 
Shylyn,
I'm in my 35th week. But then hor, dunno why I just have a feeling I'm gonna pop before my EDD.

Re: Stretch marks
I thought I was lucky I put cream everyday on my tummy since I was 3 months. Then hor tummy cannot see, but wah lao.. appear on my hips and butt instead!!! And they're ugly red ones. Now my husband says tummy also have but under the bump so I cannot see.
sad.gif


Cheers,
Hi welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here in the forum with us.
happy.gif
Try not to worry so much and listen to your gynae.
 
Cheers3344,

how come your gynae say that the fluid cannot be less than 8? Mine is 8 while i did the chk 2 weeks ago at week 31. But my gynae say its still within the acceptable range. Now i am getting worried liao...
 
Sggal,
so lucky of u. Mine starting only next week.

Juzmaine,
Ya. Heard of tat b4. Saw on news that when bb's on 40th something week, he/she may poo.. n tix bb on newspapers died in the mom's womb becoz the mom didn't noe n the bb's full term has reached.
 
Juzmaine,
Yup heard of it. Normally BB won't excrete poo when it's inside unless it's in fetal distress. And even if they poo, it's normally just a little bit so it's ok. The problem is when we delivering and BB poos. In that case, doc might suggest emergency c-sect.

That's why if we have the 'show' we should take note of the discharge colour, as well as the leaking of our amniotic sac. If the colour is greenish/blackish means baby pooed. So we have to immediately go hospital. Cannot wait till contractions come faster liao.
 
Hi,
Re:Weight Gain
So far I put on 9kg liao.

Jilian,
Re: Stretch marks
Actually the stretch mark cream must apply on the breasts, thighs, hips & butt also, not just the tummy, cos stretch marks may also appear in these areas.
happy.gif
 
RE: Lying down during Confinement
aiyoh..guess i got to be guai & lie on my bed whenever possible..anyone got any idea whether can we wash our faces as per normal or also hv to use the herbs to wash & clean dry? aiyo..wait my pimples returned w/o proper cleansing

RE: Stretch marks
heheh..i was trying to use a mirror to check my tummy below cos some of the mommies said most of their stretch marks are there instead..so luckily none there as yet...like majority of the ladies here..yup, been applying stretch mark cream ever since i know i'm pregnant.

Jilian
I was tellin my bb not to come out too early..he's underweight mah..so must fatten him up a bit more ..hee..so when do u think u'll be due?

RE: Great Sg Sale
Yeah./.definitely looking forward to shopping after being confided to home for a mth..any ladies know what's e exact start of the sale?
 
Stretch-marks,
Ya, me too have been applying creams all over on a daily basis since beginning of 2nd tri. Tummy, thighs, butt and breast. So far no visible signs of the marks but the after birth theory still worries me. hehe! Was a huge bikini/sun-tanning freak before i got pregnant.. maybe all my bikinis gotta be sent to the museum loh...
 
KimTan,
Yeah lah. Aiyah that's what happened when lazy. :p Then at one time, I tot the mark was creases from my clothes. So stupid. Haha.. Then after that wah everyday put liao. Just hope don't increase.

Shylyn,
Don't know when. But my practice contractions seem to be getting more painful. I don't want to early. Not earlier than 2 weeks from now, that's what I told him.

Can wash face. Use cooled down boiled water if you scared. No need herbs for the face.
 
Hello ladies!!

Surprise for everyone...

Me going for elective c-sect on this coming sunday @ TMC.. just made the confirmation a moment ago..

Choose c-sect over natural cos bb Ryan got the cord coilled round his neck lor.. coilled twice..

am still trying to convince myself bb coming out on Sunday..kinda sudden leh..

very lost..dun know wat to say.. haha
 
hi rach,

i am from the may thread, happen to pop by.

mind if i ask u is it from the weekly scanning that u realise bb ryan got the cord coiled ard his neck?
 
Rach,
Wow yeah surprise. Got everything ready liao for Sunday?

Looks like 4 out of 4 are C-sect so far! Good luck! Excited? Scared?
 
cheers, welcome and don't stress yrself too much. yr gyne will be able to advise u what is ok and not. if u bored at home, try doing some research on the net :D

re baby poo, yup, it's normally if baby distressed and will show up as green / black so do look out!

re stretch marks. i also diligently put everywhere twice a day from 1st tri. (and somemore i used to put moisturiser even before pg) but from week 31, kena marks under the bump. now i bought another one that claims to reduce the marks and seems to be helping

rach, must hv been scary to hear the cord coiled round twice. good luck and hope everything goes smoothly!
 
Hi Rach,

Looks like you might be the next mummy to pop! I had emergency c-section cos Amanda has her cord partially coiled ard her neck.. you better enjoy whatever sleep you can have now.. cos when bb Ryan pops out.. sleep is a form of luxury liao!

Welcome Cheers to our thread! I delivered my darling when she was 37wks3days old.. and do listen to your gynae's advise.. I believe our gynaes know best.. BTW just a story to share.. dont mean to scare you.. my mum read from the papers that this couple refused to induce the baby cos it happened to be the 7th month (superstition) and bb has stopped growing in the womb.. gynae advised them time and again to induce but they refused to take his advise.. in the end bb died in the womb.. and the couple regretted their decision not to induce.. thus as I said.. gynaes know best.. and we shld listen to their advise lor
 
Hi milo66,

Yup i found out from the weekly scan that the cord is coil round the neck..in fact it was hb who asked gynae about it..

gynae mentioned that it's very common, happens to 1 in every 3 bb lor..

did CTG n everything, bb is fine n infact gynae encouraged us to go for natural birth but hb doesn't wan to take any risk lor..so choose c-sect..


sggal ,jilian
thanks for the well wishes
 
Preciousbabe

Jayden is so cute! Eyes open wide wide already! My Amanda took her own sweet time to open her eyes.. as she is always asleep..
 
wow! seems like more BBs are coming !! :D
Shylynn, think the GSS starts in May-Hul..kekeke..will check it out!

Thnx gals for answering the "poo" qns
happy.gif


Rach! When is your actual EDD? take gd care these few days & enjoy quality & qty time wif your hubby
happy.gif
Send my regards to Preciousbabe
 
OM... Jayden is so cute.. With his eyes like tat, remind me of a foto i saw in the net.. very very calm n peace loving bb.

Jilian,
where got 4 mommies in C section? Only c Hunniepot, Preciousbabe n next b Rach?

Rach,
when's ur C section date?
 

Jumbo C section meh? Tot was ND. = p

Anybody has prob putting on pants? Finding ur pants slipping off like tat as tummy goes down? I got difficulty wearing mine.. n i only ve two pants to alter.. n home all shorts oso.. Seem 2 find lots of "movements" downwards these days.
 

Back
Top