(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

hunniepot,
Yup, am having my op tmr. hee...getting excited...

Re: Post-natal massage after C-sect
Think got to wait after 2 weeks then can have the massage. That's what the massage lady that I booked told me.
 


Precioiusbabe
Wish u well for your op today
happy.gif
U can c ur bb very soon
happy.gif
 
Juzmaine

Im scared to do massage after c-section too.. did you managed to get rid of your tummy after you delivered your gal?

Dont worry
happy.gif
Before you know it.. your bb will be out liao.. how often are you seeing your gynae now? Try not to worry too much at this point in time.. just monitor the symptoms closely.. and contact your gynae if you feel anything's amiss..
 
Hi Hunnie,
Ur darling is so sweet & chubby.......U're indeed a strong & brave mummy! Rest well & take care!

Hi Precious,
Congrats & all the best hope to hear ur birth story very soon!
 
Re: Confinement Lady from M'sia
Jus a gentle reminder to all those engaging CL from m'sia. Cos my friend jus delivered on 8 Mar & her Cl lady arrived on 10 Mar & she was permitted to stay in S'pore for 14 days however on the 13th day of her stay she went to the custom to hav her passport stamp again but was only allow to stay for another 6 days! So those who is engaging m'sia CL might 1 to consider to apply for temporary permit to avoid things like dis! Now my friend is like stuck in between cos she still got abt 10 more days to go!
 
preciousbabe,
all the best.

Hunniepot,
do've lots of rest lor. =p
Glad 2 hear frm ur experience. can share how much in total was spent on bills?

Winnie,
I got a Malaysian CL.. but guess bo bian.. juz cross fingers that it varies with different CLs.. mayb that CL has visited SGP too often within several months?

Re: Lowering of stomach
Well, my tummy seems 2b dropping down anytime though I stil ve 30 days 2 go leh.. how? I told my gynae last visit but she said all's well.. b seeing her on Friday.. but was ahving mild contractions over weekends evenings n hb was asking me 2 change apptmt to earlier.
 
morning everyone!

preciousbabe.. good luck!

re hot weather... me too suffering. we don't use the a/c at home cos i got a nose problem, can't sleep with a/c, so at night got 3 fans blowing... :p and i'm drinking all sorts of ice cold drinks, eat ice kachang etc

re msian CL.. mine is also msian and worse still she's now in singapore looking after one, so will be going back these few days. hopefully, when she comes again no problem. (but she got hubby in sg, so maybe can say visiting hubby). anyway, i'm mentally prepared liao. if got problem then get my aunty to cook for me at night after she finish work and the rest of the things hv to cope myself with hubby lor. maybe i'm very naive to think can cope, but if no choice then no choice lor

re cooling drinks. MIL told hubby to boil barley water for me so i got barley to drink everyday. but i think it's good cos i'm feeling very heaty, so the barley helps to cool down.
 
Evon & sggal
No leh she has not been entering singapore since las dec to till now! So today my friend will be driving her to SIR to have her passport extended being her guarantor loh! C how it goes will update u gals once i receive any info from my friend!
 
Hi ladies!

Shylyn,
I think we were in the same Mrs. Wong's class leh. During the classes when we were sitting on chairs, I was sitting on the second row aisle on the left. Short lady, long hair, big nose, carrying red bag. My EDD is 25th April. You leh?

Hunniepot,
Congrats, finally at home and resting. I think your baby looks like you! I think you are very brave for being able to tahan without the epidural for so long. Induce usually more painful than natural labour.

Koalarie,
The hair dropping is pretty normal. Our hormones going wacky nowadays. Be prepared to see more hair after giving birth.

Re: hot
Feel hot all the time. Drinking cold water very often, if not I think I will melt away.
 
Hi Hunnie! m on leave todae, leg swollen & painful, can't walk down to clinic too....
Me after delivery, tummy looked like 5mths preg (dat's wat my hubby's friend commented)and I took abt 4-6mths to slim down abit, the last 5 kg diff to shed. Heard after birth our body will increase by 1 size but me think affect my waist loh..tho I've been thru C-sect but yest nite this qns sudd popped into my mind: Will the BB's head be safe from the knife cos position is near the bikini line too...uurrgghhh
 
oh, me seeing gyna this coming Sat, 2 weeks frm last visit, threafter should be 1 week, me opt for 18th April for the operation...hopefully can tahan till dat day....
 
Hi Juzmaine,

May I ask y u opt for 18th April?? Coz I remember ur EDD is ard 06 May 2006 right?? Me too have real swollen leg and fingers ... also wondering if I can tahan till my EDD ... now everyday sarting at calendar wondering when I will popped .... sign ... so when will u be taking ur maternity leave?? Still wondering if I should take earlier since I really have hard time walking ard now .... 8(
 
Mt A pre admission..
ladies going to Mt A... how long after u booked Mt A did u receive yr pre admission documents? we booked 2 weeks ago, still waiting leh.
 
Hi Taurus! How hv u been? Me elective C-sect so can deliver when I reach 37 weeks onwards plus I dun tink I can tahan till May cos now feeling heavy & same as u, with swollen ankles..when is yours?
 
sggal,

think you will receive your letter these few days. can give your gynae clinic a call and see if they have submitted the request? Not to worry, as long as you recieve it 2 weeks before your EDD, should be alright, 'cos you only need to fax return tothem a few days before your delivery.
 
thanks chenoa. i asked the clinic nurse on sat she said submitted liao. so hv to wait la i guess. when's yr EDD, we might see each other at the hosp :D
 
Congrats Hunniepot! BB Amanda look so sweet n adorable...
happy.gif
U r a brave mummy, can't imagine myself goin through 36hrs of labour!

Hi Evon... me too had dreams tat bb came out few days ago... tummy was so hard the whole day yesterday! Really solid hard. BB seems to b lying on the left side. Cos can feel 1 hump on the left...
 
Re: Swollen legs or ankles
Me too was having tix on and off. Tried lifting my legs a little bit higher sometimes n the next day was less swollen. But in the middle of night, I'd take off my legs frm the position as not very used to..

Can try.. =p

Hunniepot,
4get.. but did i ask .. on how much bills were spent? = p

Re: ML
Really can't wait for next week.. next week b taking 5 days ANnual Leave (since cannot carry over as a contract staff) and then after tat, 3 months of ML.
Really sian @ work tat everybody always ask when i popping n i look xin ku when I think i m fine. = p Anyway, what's really turned off, was my colleague still proceeded 2 go for training for tix week, leaving me the only senior ard. =(
Very stressed as got to tackle the juniors who also cover him n learning 2 pick my stuff.
 
Yukie,
tummy hard? But u still feel bb moving against the skin, rite?

Re: Young Parents - Baby (March 2006)
Anybody reading tix mag? Just saw @ NTUC AMK last weekend and bought it. Quite informative. Got talk abt hypobirthing, episistomy, c section, experience /w NB bb as father, mother and nanny, bb sign language, sharing on who to take care when we as mothers back to working society, maid @ home,edcuational videos, when bb learn talking, engorgement, how to ensure bb get premium bm, bb learn talking at what age, feeding solids, bb massages and more.

Think quite worth 2 read up for new mummies. =p

It is only published every 3 months though. = )
 
Re: Swollen ankles
Me did not suffer much of the swollen ankles, only occasional pain. But I think my fingers grow fatter. Cannot wear my ring now.

Hunniepot,
Can I check with u whether did u claim CPF for your hospital bill? If yes, you pay the nett amount or pay full then CPF pay us back. I trying to estimate how much I need to pay in cash.
 
Hi Evon... can still feel bb moving but b'cos of the hard tummy, feel tat bb movement not very strong... isit okie...?
 
Yukie,
think can feel's good. =p
My bb movements lately oso not so strong but still tell she is moving.. probably running out of "condomium" space.

Re: Swollen ankles
Tracy, so good tat u dun ve swollen ankles.. juz talked /w a colleague n his wife 2 didn't've such painful experience till b4 labour.

Sometimes, mine swollen till I can't squat or sit down on a stool. The leg meat there seem ve been fully stretched.

Saw Kiddy palace got tix legs comforting cream.. but didn't buy as within 30 days so, b delivering so dun see a need 2 get. Wonder if any of u ve tried that.. mayb next time i'd consider getting such cream 2 apply.
 
hmmm... feel so sian at work... can't take leave cos my col on 1 wk leave... hv to wait till next wk... will b asking my gynae whether can give me 1 wk bed rest at home when i c him tis sat... really can't walk much liao... has been limping wif every step i walk... the type of feel i've on my left waist is not pain or ache, it's more like 'niu' dao...
sad.gif
 
Hi Juzmaine,

My EDD is 03 May .... but I really dun think I can tahan till then ... really xin ku and now contemplating whether to take early maternity leave to rest at home or whether gynae can give MC for bed rest ...
 
Young parents - baby (march):
I got this magazine yesterday also.. really informative...

Paed:
which Paed you all getting for ladies delivering at TMC?

Congrats preciousbabe
 
kao_clap.gif
<font size="+1">April 2006 MTB</font>
kao_cheers.gif


<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Loving</TD><TD>30/03/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Johor Specialist Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbtree</TD><TD>30/03/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr A.L. Lim</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kokopooh</TD><TD>30/03/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD>02/04/2006</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joan(Babe)</TD><TD>05/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kyla</TD><TD>06/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>06/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr See Tho KY</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Fish</TD><TD>07/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunniepot</TD><TD>08/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mochie</TD><TD>09/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Jeanette Chen</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Preciousbabe</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Goh Sheng Li</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wishbear</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lemontree</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Phyllis Liawu</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD>11/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolie</TD><TD>12/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Lai </TD></TR><TR><TD>Des</TD><TD>12/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD>15/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kim Tan</TD><TD>15/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Y W Lim</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chenoa</TD><TD>15/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Vincent Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rach</TD><TD>16/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tracy</TD><TD>16/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jo</TD><TD>17/04/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ice</TD><TD>17/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Chua</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>SGgal</TD><TD>17/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD>18/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr SW Seng</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jade</TD><TD>18/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr HY Wee</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juzmaine</TD><TD>18/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene</TD><TD>19/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutecute</TD><TD>20/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Terrier</TD><TD>20/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leereiner</TD><TD>20/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maraquan</TD><TD>21/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zhaocaimao</TD><TD>21/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr C W Fong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winne</TD><TD>22/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>DR KK Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBLim</TD><TD>23/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evonlimsy</TD><TD>25/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>25/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr T C Chang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jilian </TD><TD>25/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr T C Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Telly</TD><TD>26/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smurfy</TD><TD>26/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemum</TD><TD>26/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>ESH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emon</TD><TD>27/04/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nana</TD><TD>27/04/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunshine Tay</TD><TD>28/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yukie</TD><TD>28/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr S H Kee </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowy</TD><TD>28/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Taurus</TD><TD>03/05/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sponge</TD><TD>03/05/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gebbera</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adelene</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shanti</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Sureh Nair </TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bubbles</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

<font color="0000ff">Total No of Boys : 21</font>
<font color="ff0000">Total No of Girls : 24</font>

kao_clap.gif
<font size="+1">We Are Born!</font>
kao_cheers.gif


<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>DOB</TD><TD></TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Baby's Weight</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD>02/04/2006</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>23 Feb 2006, 11.18pm</TD><TD></TD><TD>Nixon</TD><TD>3235g </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunniepot</TD><TD>08/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>21 Mar 2006, 11.57pm</TD><TD></TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD>3100g</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Preciousbabe</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>27 Mar 2006, 01.40pm</TD><TD></TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>2400g </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>
 
OM.... OM..

Preciousbabe,
congrats. Take care. =)

Re: PD
Currently assigned to the one opposite my gynae's clinic - Dr Yip YY.
Heard of him?

Yukie,
shouldn't b prob to take MC 2 rest @ home. Gynae oso wanted 2 give me last last Friday as well... but only 2 days. =-p
 
Preciousbabe

Congrats and welcome to motherhood!
happy.gif


For you gals who have yet to deliver.. enjoy all the sleep you can get for now.. kinda miss the pregnancy period when I can feel my bb move inside me... my bb just got admitted into hospital today cos of jaundice.. got to go thru phototherapy for next 1 to 2 days.. heart pain to part with her..
sad.gif


Evon

I will give you the more detailed breakdown of the charges.. but from what I can remember offhand..

Total hospital bill: $4,100 (5 days 4 nights; 2 bedder)
Total cash outlay: $1,300 (excluding $500 deposit to gynae)

Therefore cash paid upfront: $1,800

Luckily I didnt opt for single room.. otherwise the fees will skyrocket!

BTW.. for those delivering at Gleneagles.. I had my bb's BC done over at the hospital.. and to my surprise.. they actually have the chinese font printed out on the BC itself.. so no worries about ugly handwriting..

Anyone have any idea to get rid of breast engorgement? Very painful and the supply from that engorged breast is very limited
sad.gif
 
hunniepot,
according to TCM trainer n the mag i was saying, place some chilled cabbages over the breasts. It would help the sore.. But dun over do, as ppl use tix mtd 2 cut off the supply gradually as well.

Yukie, where the cervix is? At the bottom left of the tighs is it?? Or at the back of your butts at left side? which one? = p
Hope it helps.

Regards to the hospital bill
U let me noe when u freer.. =p Me b on leave next week... can't wait. =p
 
definately not at the butts... eh... it's between my left tighs n where we pee... got it...??? So pai sey... don knw much abt the name of our body parts... :p will cal my gynze tmr if it comes back...
 
Yukie,
I think maybe it's normal? My left groin also always painful. Gets worst towards the night. By the time I watch tv at night, when I want to get up, it'll be very slow and like old woman walking! I've been getting it for the past 1-2 weeks.

Koalarie,
I thought the payment we have to pay in full then the hospital will submit the receipts to our cpf then only get reimbursement from cpf later. That's why have to remember to bring gynae's past receipts just in case you want to submit together.
 
Hi Mummies,
I'm a fan of Hayao Miyazaki and am intereested to purchase the STUDIO GHIBLI DVD Collectors set.
393467.jpg


Total: 21 anime titles
Language: Chinese and Jap
Subtitles:Chinese, English and Jap

Titles include:

̫ӡè塢ų֮ ֮ LaputaħŮլ KiKi's Delivery ServiceټӪ桢èTotoroµͯΡٱè֮Warriors of the Wind鹫λýŮèıThe Cat ReturnsGoshu the CellistǧǧѰ Spirited AwayھӼҵɽ ......

Supplier selling at $150 per set but if 3 sets can get at $130 per set. Anyone interested to join purchase with me? Pls PM me.
 
Evon,
you were asking me what I mean by "interesting things" to buy....kekeke...I guess the DVD for now.....hahahaha....must pamper myself also.
 
Congrats to Preciousbabe!!!

This is so exciting to have people sharing new goods once in a while. Looks like more are coming!
 
cheona
cant c the wordings le.

Yukie,
no worries.. i think i too ve swollen there too but more rite side esp pee.. got to tilt body a bit n pee oso got to close eyes at times.. =(
 
Ladies,

Just curious, how much weight have each of you put on? I'm into my 37 weeks and only put on 12kg. Friends are telling that I'm small.
 
hunniepot
Your gal is really so sweet, how i wish i am just by her side and kiss her all over.... hahaha!!!

Preciousbabe,
congrats and do take care.... waiting for your birth story and bb Jayden's foto....
 
morning everyone!

tracy, i was just thinking about it this morning. i put on 14kg. think the ave range is from 11 to 16 or something like that but i know people who put on 20+kg, so maybe u are small
happy.gif
 
hey gals, wonder when u are near your delivery date, did you have yellow discharge, like thick mucus with no itch n smell? Do I have to alert gynae?
 


Hi,
I also put on about 15kg. And I hate it when one of my female colleague who just gave birth a month ago would ask me, oh you put on a lot of weight hor. She came to office yestesrday to tell me the same thing again. And another male colleague always pass by me and say oh you've blown up. Pisses me off big time. Confirm put me in bad mood one. Hehe.. sorry for the venting.

babe,
sometimes i have discharge too. It's normal for it to get heavier as we progress. Maybe you can just mention it on your next visit to gynae. But I think no need to specially give a call unless you're nervous about it, then just follow your instincts and call if you want.
 

Back
Top