(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Jilian,
I cropped my hair short ever since I'm pregnant. Think Monsoon at bugis is very good at cutting short hair leh but I don't have a fixed stylist there. You can also try Reds at Taka, my hairstylist also good at cutting short hair, Louis.
 


jilian,

I cut my hair at The Arches in Raffles Place.... find him not bad coz my hair condition is real bad and has got curly hair so not so nice when short!!!
 
Jilian,
Me went to Kimage to cut. But that hairstylist didn't noe how to cut the hair style nichole kidman had in the movie "Birth". So was like I roughly describe to her till my hb said now my hair cut looked like a student!!??? *Faintz*

Preciousbabe,
Wow. So exciting.. so u already done brazilian wax la since going for C-section?
 
jilian/koalarie/1sttimemum, i also thinking to cut my hair short. i used to hv very very short hair like boy's crew cut. thinking of doing that again, cos like jilian said, it'll dry faster. only thing is i'm thinking, me so round and hair so short, like don't match leh.

jilian, i followed my stylist round many years already. (kept long hair cos he went overseas for 2 years!) he was very good with my short hair... all sorts of different styles and looks good. he's Edwin at Jantzen GWC. i can send u his number if u want.

jilian/1sttimemum, actuall fridge/freezer not the issue, cos we got a 2nd one to make sure got enough space. it's "stuff" lying around the house
 
Hi Lemontree
I also got to know swap test results positive last nite.... The clinic assistant ask me to go and get antibiotics, then do another swab test during next appt, c if it helps...

But now, I dunno if it's due to the infection that I experiencing constant sharp pain in my vagina...Got to go c doc later...
sad.gif
 
koalarie, i'm not sure about is there any further discount for TS sales at lot 1 leh.. but heard from my cousin.. but for regular price only, not for offer items..
 
Re: Short hair
I'd really like a stylist that is able to cut a suitable style for my face shape. Cos I always see in pics the celebrity hair cuts all very nice but then again they have sharp skinny faces, whereas I have round one. So have to suit.

1sttimemum,
I thought your hairstyle suited you ok.
happy.gif


sggal,
ok can you just sms his number? I will consider.
 
Evon,
Yup...done my BW last week but think my hormones r super active and my hair start to grow out liao leh. Hopefully the hair will tahan till next week and not so long to the extent that the nurses have to shave for me lor...hahaa
 
Jilian,

round face would require some hair to cover your side of the face.. so that it doesn't look round.

For me, my face is thin. But I got a pair of mickey mouse's ears. So also, cannot hide my hair behind my ears too... but I dun care.. me have tendency just move my fingers to place hair rite behind. =p

Jumbo,
no prob. I let my sis noe to help me get some things there. =)
Thx.
 
Koalarie,
Yeah I know. But right now cos of pregnancy, my cheeks like got 'outbreak'. Like very very small bumps and sometimes itchy. Last time not like that one. So I also scared if hair keep on poking then might get worst.

Your husband say you look like student. Last time my hair so short, my husband said I looked like my brother! Hahaha
 
Hi all

If you haven read the website that sggal has posted, GBS is a kind of bacteria that may cause brain damage or even death in newborns.It doesn't help even if I deliver by c-section cos the bacteria may travel upwards to my womb.Your gynae will do the GBS test for you when you are about 35 wks.

Terrier,

My gynae just said she will put me on antibiotics drip when I am in labour. She said no point treating me now cos even if I am treated now, it doesn't mean I wun have when I am in labour. Anyway, the antibiotics drip will decrease the chance of bb getting infected to 1 in 4000 cases.

I am alright lah....jus that as a mummy, I just can't help feeling worried for my bb and dun wan my bb to be open to any risks. Thanks for all's concern.

The brown discharge has stopped this morning so I din bother to go to my gynae. BB's movement is okie. If I go to my gynae, the most she will do CTG again.

Now just gotto watch n see....Hope bb will come out soon and be safe n sound...
 
Congrats hunniepot!!! Must b so relieved tat BB Amanda is finaly out...
happy.gif


RE : Haircut
Me too hv long hair below bra line. But had it trim till above bra line. Won't cut it short short cos after birth sure will still look fat fat. N fat fat wif short short hair not very nice leh... like humty dumpty...
 
Is a must to do this GBS test??? My gynae never say anything to me leh..... maybe will check with her next week during my appointment??? How much do we have to pay for this test huh??
 
preciousbabe
Where did you do your BW huh?? Pain anot??? Thinking to do it in the 1st week of April coz EDD is end of the month.....

sggal
How much did he charge on the haircut huh??? Maybe can try new hair stylist to have another cut before doing confinement hor..... haha!!
 
preciousbabe, why must shave ah?

lemontree, dun worry la. i'm sure dr will know what to do to keep u n baby safe. just hv to think positive and keep focusing on baby arriving safely

yukie, i also thinking i will look like humpty dumpty lor... must ask stylist if he thinks i will suit or not lor.

1sttimemum, can't rem the price leh.
 
me also wanna go for hair cut and wanna do rebonding after m confinement.. but heard from my cousin.. hair will drop few months after deliver.. i scare i go rebond liao and hair start falling.. cos i have fall hair problem before preggy..
 
1sttimemum,
I did my BW at Strip, paragon. It's abit painful at certain areas but overall not as painful as I expected
happy.gif


Sggal,
If doing operation on the abdomen, must shave coz scared hair will impede the operation( that's wat I heard frm the nurses last time) so at the hospital before the op, the nurses will shave for u lor
 
Congrats to Hunniepot..finally she managed to give birth to her sweet bb after such a long labour..cant imagine if I'm in her shoes!

RE: Haircut
Think I'm e odd one out...hee..still persisting with my long hair despite having trouble coping 2 e hot weather..cant imagine how it will b during my confinement..let ya ladies know then ^_^

Attended my doctor's talk yest & he briefed all mtbs, who r due in April, at his clinic. Managed to learn a lot as well as understand how he's gg to handle us during labour..at least it's quite useful and dismissed the fears in me slightly..went to c him after e talk & most prob (80%) will b natural delivery for me since my bb rather small (2.3kg at 37/38wks!) However, there might still b a chance of c section should things don't go as planned during labour...heheh..so i hv been telling bb to cooperate..

Btw, have any of u experienced dull aches at the side of your tummy..i kept on having this feeling since 3pm! Nothing to do w e bb right?
 
Congrats Hunniepot! Have not been posting for a while and we have a new baby.

After reading hunniepot's birth story, I'm considering whether to opt for C-section. My gynae also wants me to give birth earlier as my baby is on the small side. 36 weeks - 2.3kg

If induction take so long then I might go for C-section.
 
Congrats Hunniepot! Can't wait to see BB Amanda's pic! Take care! """"""""""
happy.gif


Hi gals, seems like more are opting for C-sect, how abt the massage? how long can we wait to go for massaging to be on the safe side cos I've heard of a case of internal bleeding 2 weeks after birth....
 
Juzmaine,

I guess you might need to check with the massage lady. If you opt for C-section, you might need to do your massage after 2 weeks.
 
Jumbo,

guess you will have to wait for a month before receiving your mobile from Hunni.....

Me so fickle minded....now, I'm hooked on Sassy's mobile. kekeke Saw two mums selling in the marketplace, but I think already got buyers liao. Dunno whether got sale at Kiddy Palace .....

Hmm....actually, I also like Tiny Love's.....aiya...so difficult to choose.
kao_confused2.gif
 
I understand from the massage lady that I am getting; if doing C section, will've to wait for at least 10 days later for the first massage.
 
Yukie,
shave hair is actually not that pain. The only bad thing abt being shaved's tat when the new pubic hair grows after a shave'd b more rougher n thicker as compared to waxing them off.

N oso heard on the even-ness? Tix I'm unsure. but sb told me tat some pubic hair may grow faster than others becoz depending how that area's pubic hair was being cut off. =p
 
Good morning ladies!

Tracy, when will you be delivering? Soon?

Juzmaine, my massage lady told me for c-section, got to wait for 2 weeks then can massage.

Cheers~
happy.gif
 
morning evryone

re groin pain... some ladies posted before that u got groin pain right? i also got it last nite. i hv 2 questions

1. did the pain go away after u got up? mine still here leh

2. did u feel like there's some bone or something "missing" from the errr... middle top part, below the belly, just where the hair stops? (sorry i'm not sure if u understand where i'm trying to say and if it sounds too gross!)... dunno if it's my imagination or has something moved away
 
1sttimemum

My gynae made the GBS test compulsory at 36 weeks. It costs about $73.

sggal,

my groin pain normally takes place when I get out of bed or chair to walk. Sometimes when I am walking also suddenly will have. Think is caused by bb's head cos it is there.

Last night, I woke up to pee and saw fresh blood on my pantyliner!! was so shocked. But no contractions leh....Anyone knows how much blood then is considered as 'show'?
For the past 4 nights, have been waking up worrying....is either contractions, or some brown discharge or the blood......hai....freaking me out....
 
1sttimemum

My gynae made the GBS test compulsory at 36 weeks. It costs about $73.

sggal,

my groin pain normally takes place when I get out of bed or chair to walk. Sometimes when I am walking also suddenly will have. Think is caused by bb's head cos it is there.

Last night, I woke up to pee and saw fresh blood on my pantyliner!! was so shocked. But no contractions leh....Anyone knows how much blood then is considered as 'show'?
For the past 4 nights, have been waking up worrying....is either contractions, or some brown discharge or the blood......hai....freaking me out....
 
1sttimemum,
you also bought the MIM? The attraction abpout Sassy mobile is that the hanging toys can be detached and has volume control. MIM don't have vol control right?
BTW, have you confirmed with Mdm Rokiah?

sggal,
groin is where huh? I have slight pain at the joint between the thigh and the body.....sorry my knowledge of body anatomy not good lah.....actually the pain is like muscle strain. think could be due to the baby pushing downwards causing tissues to stretch.
 
lemontree,

so groin pain is caused by baby's head there??? really? if it is then that's great cos my baby's been breech n we've been trying to get her to turn. so if groin pain = baby's head, then she's not breech any more YAY!
happy.gif
hope so anyway la.

i thot "show" should include the mucus plug? (i'm imagining something like jelly/agar2 as a mucus plug). if u're getting blood for 4 nights, maybe u want to call yr Dr and check?
 
chenoa, i wld say the groin is the whole area between the thighs.... ie the "private" area lor. my pain is at the top part
 
lemon tree, your fresh blood may not be show but mild urine infection. better to check with your gynae to confirm. btw, how many weeks liao?

sometimes, our bb may press on some veins and it burst, hence the blood.
 
I am approaching week 38.

I haven even pass urine I saw blood on my pantyliner liao....so shdn't be urine infection right? But dunno wat is it leh....I dun bleed in the day leh.....so puzzling...dunno whether I shd see gynae cos the bleeding has stopped.
 
Morning ladies,

Re: Groin pain
Mine usually comes at night when I'm lying down and turning from one side to another. Once a get up and start walking, no more pain. Sitting down also no pain. But nowadays tire more easily. Also starting to get lower back ache.
sad.gif


Re: Blood
Better just call and tell your gynae. Especially if it's fresh blood. Don't think the show should have fresh blood.
 
chenoa
Ya, i also bought the MIM and somehow quite like it coz the movement is really slow and quite nice lor and as for the volume, it has got high and low and depends which one you prefer.....
I have confirm with mdm rokiah liao.... thinking she's quite good, coz just a fews ago, one mum from marketplace have just used her after her c-section and she told me that mdm rokiah is good compare to the 1st and 2nd one that she tried....

sggal
actually i also dun know groin is where leh but this few days having the same pain area as chenoa. the joint between the thigh area, like cramp especially when wake up or stand up after sitting for long.....
 
jilian/1sttimemum, my pain is when i move lor. if lying still or sitting nothing, but when turn or walk, got pain

1sttimemum, i also just sms mdm rokiah just now but no reply from her yet. maybe she busy massaging someone now... heehee...
 
chenoa, hunniepot told u abt the musical mobile huh? I asked her to pass my nos to her brother and ask her bro to contact me cos she cant meet me. Nvr mind lah, can wait.. i'm not in the hurry.. but she said the item will be arrive on 22 March onwards..

agreed with jilian, call your gynea and ask him.. u dun wanna live with fear, right?
 
lemontree,

think it is good to call ur gynae to check even if blood discharge has stopped. Just wonder, do you drink lots of water at nite or in evening? Too heaty?

1sttimemum, cheona,
me got same prob as urs. Sit up from bed muz do so slowly. Stand up after sitting oso the same. I asked my gynae and said normal as bb pressing on the nerves area.

Was hving knee prob as well.. but now seem k except for swollen legs...
 
sggal,
Call her directly coz sometime she never hear her phone ring...... i am that type who will call afew time until she pick up one lor..... heehee!!
 
Hi ladies,

I will be delivering 1st week of April. At first I told the gynae that I do not want a C-section. But after some research and reading Hunniepot's story, I think I will opt for C-section. Less pain and better for baby.
 
Tracy
tt's weird..why did your gynae prefer u to hv c section when ur bb is small? I tot u should hv an easier delivery since bb is small? My bb is smaller than urs..& yet my gynae didn't recommend c section..in fact, both of us still prefer natural delivery if i can.
 


Tracy
Ya, i also thinking why you need a C-setion and why is better for bb huh??? Sorry coz i have never thought of having C-section therefore dun no what benefit it have for bb.... care to explain a little bit.... sorry for being so blur!!!
 

Back
Top