(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Hi Jillian

I am also getting Dr EK Ong. My Gynae wanted to refer me to Dr Ang Poon Liat. But I read from the threads here, seems got a lot of complaints.
 


Hi Jillian

My gynae wanted to refer me to Dr Ang Poon Liat. But I heard some negative remarks about him in the threads here. So I am also getting Dr Ong EK.
 
Hi Lemontree,
Me dunno the reason Y can only bathe wif the herbs on the 12th day. I reckon 1st week or so body still recouping?
happy.gif

My PD for my daughter is Dr Ong Eng Keow, same as Jilian, he's good so far, can tell he likes kids so feel secure gg to his always-jammed-packed clinic
happy.gif

Think I'll engage the same anesthetist recommended by my gynae for the epidural jab, but can't rem his name....
 
do you ladies feel breathless at times? I feel it... wonder if i got the stamina to go thru natural birth..
Dr EK Ong seems popular.. I haven't ask my gynae abt PD yet. Will do so in the next visit.

About looking at feet to determine when give birth.. can elaborate more?? I dun quite understand.
 
Irene,
I feel breathless on certain days. I'm sure you can find your inner strength to go through natural birth. Keep up the positive attitude. Whether in the end succeed is another matter, but we must stay mentally positive.

Actually I didn't 'choose' Dr EK Ong, just that my gynae asked me if I have a preferred choice and I said no. So he recommended Dr. Ong, then I found out that my other 2 friends also go to Dr. Ong and my friend said that he is very good at giving jabs. Haha...
 
Ok.. great.. hopefully my gynae will choose a good PD for me. I dunno who is good also.

I feel breathless especially recently... even sitting down also will feel abit. My colleague was asking me why I breath so hard..

Will be going for my next visit next week only... Can't wait to see my baby..
 
jumbo,
Dr Ong practices at Singapore Baby and Child Clinic at TMC 5th storey and also AMK in front of the large carpark behind the bus interchange.
 
oh.. ok, thanks chenoa.. Nixon no poo poo for 2 days liao... thinking of bringing him to see pd.. but he got alot of winds on his stomach cos he fart alot.. but no poo poo..
sad.gif
 
hi ladies... i'm having a terrible day. wish it's over already.

lemontree, wa so nice u're already on leave. a day like today, makes me wish i'm already on leave too

jumbo, i think i read somewhere that in the beginning, if u bf, possiblity of baby not hving poo for few days. u might want to check up on this... also can read this http://www.expatsingapore.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/006142.html

koalarie, my left foot and right foot both equally swollen leh... has been for quite sometime liao. so maybe that guy's theory not quite right :p

RE : confinement lady
i heard that we need to give ang pow to the CL when she arrives and when she leaves. is this true? how much do we need to give. and her payment, pay when she leaves issit?
 
sggal,
The working day going to over liao. Don't despair.

Re: confinement lady
Yes have to give angpow before and after. I also heard that before. Don't know the 'process' though. But I think just a token sum cos the bulk is her salary.
 
Hi Irene

I also feel breathless. Once, I measured my pulse rate while I was lying on bed. It was 94 - 98! I checked with my gynae, she said it is ok as long as I dun pant heavily. I guess the bb is pressing on my ribs so heart gotto work a bit harder loh....

sggal

dun envy me....quite boring to stay at home actually, cos I dun have Hunniepot's shopping stamina, and frens all working....so everyday stuck at home.

Hi Juzmaine

dun bathe for 12 days? think I will die....the weather is so unbearable nowadays....I sweat even in air con 25 degrees.
 
Hi Ladies

Want to find out from u whether u are planning to keep bb in your room at nite for direct breastfeeding or letting ur bb to sleep in another room? esp those who are engaging confinement lady?

In the ante-natal class, the lecturer encourage that we should let bb to latch on fully for 1st month leh...then it would be inconvienient if bb sleep in separate room rite? but then we need rest during confinement month rite?

Jumbo, can share ur breastfeeding experience?
 
Terrier,
I think it is up to you. No hard and fast rule. You can first try one method, and if it doesn't work out, try an alternative method. Also I think have to discuss with hubby about this. Because if you want baby to sleep in same room with you and hubby, then it might disturb his sleep.

But if you let baby sleep with confinement lady, some confinement lady might not wake you up to feed baby if they can just pat baby back to sleep. That's what I heard.

For me, I'm planning to let the baby sleep in his cot in my room. Not on my bed though. Cos I won't have CL but my aunt coming to help me instead and so I don't want to trouble her so much. Plus more convenient for me.
happy.gif
 
jumbo

Sent you an sms regarding the musical mobile liao..

cheona

The tiny love representative does not really know what products will be available when the new stocks comes in.. but from what she told me.. tiny love will have having sales on taka 3rd level from 22nd March onwards.. you may wish to check it out..

lemontree

What too sure of which exact songs thats played on the mobiles.. heard the songs played from both MIM and SIM (robinsons centrepoint has a display set.. was listening to it just now).. personally I much prefer the MIM songs.. sounds more lively..

Thanks for the info on the PD.. think I will have to do my reseach more carefully.. jasminetea and Evon.. whats the name of your PD again?

1sttimemum

Realised got last minute things havent buy yet mah
happy.gif
Been looking high and low for the avent milk storage bag clips.. but was told that they stopped production liao.. and Jillian.. forgot to thank you for the links to buy the clips online.. but got delivery charge of $8 so decided to hunt for it instead.. so got it off taka fair.. but comes in a package.. 1 avent bottle, 10 clips; a few bags and 2 teats.. now my list is complete.. so ready to deliver anytime liao hehe
 
hunni,

you better take a good rest now that your shopping's complete.....think you have been running down Orchard practically every day this week. Hahahaha

Thanks for your info on the Tiny Love sale..think should be about 20% discount.

If MIM music more lively, baby will be more stimulated!
kao_clap.gif
'cos the early months, babies hearing is more developed than their vision and babies do not see colours like adults do. Read raving reviews about how babies love tiny love mobiles, so attracted to the mobile that it's hard to put babies to sleep with the mobiles.
kao_laugh.gif


I've bought practically everything also....baby cot will be delivered in the 1st week of April, then will wash the cot sheets and pillow cases. Don't think necessary to wash the bumper right? What else????

Oh yah....anyone has a cot plus a playpen? "cos a friend is giving us a playpen but we thought that since we already has a cot, would we need the playpen?
 
Jumbo,

you registered Nixon's birth cert already? ask you ah....for his chinese name, do you print the chinese characters out and stick on the cert before laminating? If so, how big much the font be?
 
chenoa... i've both the cot n playpen. Cot will b at my mum's hse as bb will b taken care by her. N the playpen will b in our rooms(staying wif in-law at the moment as new hse not ready yet) when we bring bb bk on wkends. So we only need to open up when we bring bb home as our rm will b to squeeze to place a cot...
happy.gif
 
yukie, u leaving ur bb at ur mum's the whole of the working wk ah? I also have similar arr but thinking of bringing back bb at nite. Hmm...troublesome hor..need like 2 sets of everything...

Gals, u know if the cot bumper can be machine washed?
 
cheona

Yeah lor.. feeling pretty relieved now that I have gotten everything
happy.gif


Not too sure if they are having 20% off.. but the lady mentioned to me that MIM will not be on promotion during that period.. so if you change your mind and want to get MIM.. shld go there b4 the taka fair closes.. and look for this lady called melissa and tell her you would like to pre-pay for MIM first but collect later.. you still can get the discounted price at $49. Any later than bb fair.. no more of such price liao

I also got both play-pen and baby cot. Play pen will be at my mum's place as she will be taking care of bb after I go back into the workforce..
 
babe

I machine washed all 3 sets of bumper cot.. it turned out ok.. no problem.. if I remembered correctly.. you got the pink flower cot bedding set from robinsons too right? I threw it inside dryer somemore
happy.gif
 
babe,
yah...bumper can machine wash, but just wondering if really necessary to wash before 1st use since baby will not really come into contact with it.

hunni,
u bought 3 complete sets of bedding huh? so many! How nice to be your baby, have a beautiful cot and bedding.

I only got 1 full set (comes with cot). Will be purchasing another cotsheet but using old pillow cases. Believe it or not, most of the old pillow cases were sewn for me when I was baby by my mom, some were used for at least 3 babies while a few were still brand new.
happy.gif


RE: Playpen
hubby says can put it in the living room as her day bed....I say, what for?
 
Chenoa

I also got both cot and playpen. Cot put in my room for her to sleep at nite, playpen put in living room for her to sleep in the day, since my room is quite hot in the day and I dun think it is wise to on air-con 24 hours a day in my room. The living room is more airy.

Hunniepot

Thanks for the info on the MIM. I think I would like to get it. When is the taka fair ending?

Regarding the Avent disposable bags, I saw them at Metro Tampines, think 100 for $16 plus, but din see the clips though.
 
cheona

Yeah lor.. think my bb very fortunate hehe.. I everyday itchy hands.. still looking around the marketplace for things to buy :p So disappointed.. saw this thread for purchase of carters blue or pink diaper bag.. very sweet.. but the thread was taken off liao..

lemontree

The taka fair is ending on 19th, this coming sunday.. say if you cant find melissa.. think you can contact this other person from tiny love.. have already PM you her contact no..

I got the specially packed avent products from taka fair.. 10 clips + 1 bottle + 10 milk bags + 2 teats @ $15.90 the milk bags are selling very cheap at taka fiar.. 100 pieces for only $13.20
 
Heehee...hunniepot u sure got good memory. Yupz got the pink flower from robinsons. I kinda like my things washed before use but my hubby scare the cotton quilting get spoilt. Since u said it's ok i'll try into wash..heehee....if not dust n dirt...scare bb sensitive
 
hunni,
wah...you v resourceful leh...even got the contact no. of the sales rep. Can pm me as well?
kao_kiss.gif


My friends recommended me another two malay massage ladies. Now facing dilemma...dunno which to choose.
 
chenoa, I'm staying at my mum's place (jurong west) now for confinement.. but i'm staying at Upper Bukit Timah (near Bukit Batok)with my in-laws... for the birth cert.. i thought they will do the same thing for the IC leh.. when i was there, the lady said we have to write our own on the birth cert.. so.. the chinese name was written by me and my in-laws said my handwritting's ugly
sad.gif
but it is indeed ugly lah.. keke.. and i think normal font will be fine lor.. i think font 12 is ok.. i intend to do the print the chinese name and place it over the handwritten one.. for bumper cot, can use when babies know how to roll to prevent themselves to knock at the cot.. cos new born baby wont row here and there.. keke..

sggal, thanks for the link.. my hubby was so gan cheong abt bb not poo poo and insist of seeing doc.. so, went to see gp just now.. and he said it is norm for bb not poo poo for few days.. and said if totally bm, some babies will not poo poo for weeks.. but he said nixon has alot of wind.. he asked me to life his legs up to get rid of the wond and even gave him colic drop..

terrier, i got problem to latch my baby on.. i only give my baby expressed bm.. went doc just now and he said should give bb at least a yr of bm cos it has antibiotics which fm dun have.. but i read from somewhere that if bb has jaundice, should not give bb bm... I express bm once a twice a day cos too the quantity's so little when the expressed interval is short.. i found info abt feeding on bm.. but all said must expressed frequently to increase the supply but mine different case leh..

hunniepot, thanks for ur help, let me know abt ur schedule about next week lor..
happy.gif
 
Jumbo,
RE: Nixon
did you apply ruyi oil on his stomach? It's time for his baby massage already right? Khatijah will know what to do.
happy.gif


RE: BM
Yes....supply will meet demand. Endeavour to get baby to suckling so can produce more milk.

You using which equipment to pump?
Heard some mummies say after they use their electric pump till no more, they can still get milk out from using manual pump leh.... Seems that Avent manual pump can stimulate letdown better and do a cleaner job than Medela electric. How about trying breast massage and hand expression?

RE: Birth Cert
You mean now after laminated, you gonna put sticker over the hand-written chinese name? Like that the sticker not laminated wor.... Actually, I don't mind handwriting....got more character (xing4ge2)... Think my own chinese handwriting quite nice leh.
kao_blush.gif
 
1sttimemum,

Hahaha....time to brainstorm.....

I'm quite reluctant to spent so much $$ on Rokiah / Rohaya. My budget is $50/session, so considering between my friends' and this forumn's recommendations, including Khatijah, Nisah and Susi - all within my budget but each lady uses different oil and wrap....headache....very hard to compare and decide.....Have to factor in their service also wor....

Possible oils used in massage:
a) Aromatherapy oil, eg lavendar oil
b) Lemon Grass oil
c) Jamu (read this from East Shore Hospital's website on their post-natal massage)

Which kind of oil do you think is better ah?


Herb in wrap:
I totally no idea what herbs liao. A friend requested no herb 'cos it's smelly and hot.
 
Hunni,
thanks. baby dunno why suddenly very active ......kicking me alot. The whole day also din move much. hahahaha
 
Hi Jumbo
thanks for sharing...Based on what I learnt in the ante-natal class, we should breastfeed frequently, at the interval of 3 hrs... Is your frequency too few to stimulate milk production?
 
cheona,

Just wake up from my sleep and so reply lah..... what i heard is
Khatijah is using some oil that is done by the mother or something like that.... which i find it good but i would also want to have the herbs which is Jamu to wrap round my tummy after each sessions so not sure if Khatijah, Nisah and Susi do so anot coz i heard Rokiah will be doing that...... haiz, me too also dun want to spend so much and Khatijah attract me coz she give bb free massage!!!!
Maybe give her a call tomorrow again and ask more detail.... can you please give me khatijah hp no coz i left in my office liao!!! Thanks alot
 
RE: Massage

What I found out....
Khatijah 98001394 uses ginger & lemongrass oil (mum's recipe). $350/7x (+ 2 bb massage & girdle); $500/10x

Nisah 97253602 uses lemongrass oil. $300/7x; $400/10x

Susi 90072875 also uses lemongrass oil and jamu herbs in warp. $500/10x (+ 2 hot mask)

Anyone got further info to share?
 
chenoa, my mum apply ru-yi-you on Nixon's tummy after shower and before bed time.. but his stomach still looks so bloated and he keep farting.. my mum name him chou-pi-wang.. wahaha... king of fart.. keke.. kathija said she will do baby massage today.. still waiting for her to come.. cos she changed the appointment timing to afternoon liao..

for bm, i'm using medela electric mini.. i ever did it in 3 hours interval but quantity very limited.. sometime i did it once a day and quantity is even better than 3 hours interval one.. can feel breast engorse if nvr pump for a day.. i'm still trying to keep it 3 hours interval.. hope will stimulate the glands..

for the birth cert, can re-laminate or not huh? means that remove the old lamination, paste the sticker and re-laminate again.. dunno can do it or not.. cos i really nvr think of hand written on the birth cert leh.. it is a good thing that u wanna handwritten on the birth cert.. more meaningful lor.. we did the birth cert at ICA building, hence we submit the baby bonus application together..

for the massage lady.. i think i wont go for kathija for my 2nd delivery.. will wanna try out other lor.. she's good in sense of strength.. but find her a bit boostful.. hmm.. she keeps telling me many pple said she is good.. hmm.. abit sick of it listen to her everyday..
 
morning all,

poor me in office cos we making new cubicles, so hv to come n let the guys in to make.
sad.gif


re massage. i copied this from other thread on mdm rokiah
"The package 5days = $300 , 7days = $400 and 10days = $570 and all package is inclusives of massage oil, application of herbs and a traditional binder. " but she didn't say what herbs la. i'm thinking of using her cos got a lot of postive feedback on the other thread.

anyone know how much in advance we hv to book?

(hunniepot, was it u said she didn't reply. someone posted for her said her pc down for few months liao, so anyone want must sms her.92716091)
 
jumbo, i heard about writing the chinese name.. told my husband he must practise first or else we hv to bring a fren who got good chinese writing :p so u gonna paste and re-laminate it?

terrier, we planning to let baby sleep in other room, even tho we hv CL. not sure how she will work tho cos she told us she will do nite feeds, but i also heard that for first month to latch direct rather than express.
 
sggal, thinking of re-laminate it lor.. cos my in-laws complained tat the handwritting ugly.. eerrgghh.. now no time to do, cant go out also.. busy preparing for nixon full month next week... looking through neo garden buffet catering menu.. have 20% off for full month.. and looking at choz confectionery for their full month cake package..
 
sggal..

Yeah... that was me saying that she did not reply to my emails.. thought of using her too.. but didn't have a feel good feeling about her follow up.. cos I called her first and she asked me to email her and wait for her reply.. if her pc is down.. what she can do is at least call me back and inform me instead of making me wait for her reply.. had been 1 month already.. and still have not received any reply from her..
 
jumbo,
RE: Birth Cert
remove the old laminate...will spoil cert or not? not sure about the effect of re-lamination over the existing laminate.....

Shall be registering my baby's birth cert at MT A when I discharge. Think will print out the Chinese name in different font size and bring down to paste over my handwriting if really not nice. It's difficult to write small and nice in the narrow space if the character got many strokes. My daughter's name got quite a lot of strokes leh. But my handwriting def. nicer than my hubby's.
biggrin.gif


RE: Nixon's full month
So fast hor.....time just passes like that.... heard that 4 seasons catering is owned by Chen Shu Chen leh..... I find 4 seasons food quite nice but a bit more X.

RE: Katijah
Must let us know how she do the bb massage. You learn from her so can teach us...kekeke....so, do you see the effect already?

aiya...some auntie just like to talk lor....my mom also like that, keep repeating the same things over and over again.... listen to her complains over and over makes me very angry.

BTW, for the last session, she will still use her cloth to bind you? Then how she take the cloth back? Also, does she change her cloth everyday? The binder she gives is it those stiff elastic material (like those Triumph tummy tuckers) with eyes/hooks at the back? 'cos saw at neighbourhood shops selling at about $20. If not engaging Katijah, maybe I'll get one by myself.

I just spoke to Nisah. She's very friendly. But she cannot talk much 'cos she's with a customer. She says depends on the skin, if very clear skin(dunno what this means) or allergic, then will not put herbs, just bind after massage. She uses lemongrass massage oil buy off the shelf...she says it's not very hot.
 
Re: Faulty gantry impedes baby's hospital dash
Read that article. maybe it's not a good idea to bring our child out to public places for the 1st 3 months, at least. unless it is necessary.

Hunniepot, i really admire your stamina. nowadays, i juz walk like an hour non-stop, i will have to sit down n rest. in fact, my speed also slow down alot. Juz the other day, my colleague ask me to help to do a site survey, i told him i would very much like to but look at me now. hee hee!
 
btw, has anyone seen secretions from your nipple. i have it like - once every 2 - 3days - its transparent liquid like - very minimal.
 
RE: Massage

I think i will not get Khatijah liao coz i want total quiet during my massage session coz that's my only rest time....

Rokiah i feel that hers a little ex but seem good..... - 1hr

Nisah is going to give full body massage using lemongrass oil from head to toe and wrap herbs on our tummy after each sessions - 1hr

Susi will do almost the same as Nisah except hers got additional 2 hot mask but not working on Sunday so meaning if we start on Wed for 10 days package, she will stop on sat and come back on Mon so not sure if that's a good idea anot???? - 1hr

Who should i get huh??? Thinking to get Nisah or Susi.......... haiz!!! Who to get huh??
 


Daphne
i did but it;s only after pressing the nipple then I'll hv secretions..my anetenatal class was telling us that u hv to massage ur breast in order to simulate milk flow. Not sure whether true a not.

Btw, any ladies know where to gget adorable stickers for the walls? I wanted to decorate my nursery cum study room for my bb's arrival leh. Saw a lot at Mini Toons at one point but now they don't hv much varieties already.
 

Back
Top