(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Morning mummies...!

RE : Stretchmark Cream
I'm using Clarins stretchmark oil when i'm into my 16 wks. So far so gd. But it's really upto individual body. My col say, if hv will hv. If don hv tat means don hv.

Kyla, when u scratch, don scratch directly onto yr skin. Scrtach wif yr clothes over yr tummy. Cos me tend to scratch by lifting my top directly onto the skin, cos more siok....!
happy.gif
 


Hunniepot,
Don't eat too much of the cup noodles. A lot of MSG. Tahan a bit. After bb come out, we can eat whatever we want. Or at least not so bad, if we sneakily eat stuff during confinement. Haha..

Re: Camcorder
I'm getting also. Dunno if can bring in to hospital. My suggestion is don't ask for permission, they'll tell you no. Just bring in. If they notice and tell you cannot film, then you just put it away loh. Or you can use the normal digital camera to take video clips. But I think this format will take up a lot of the memory.

Lemontree,
Really??? 5 bucks for a box of tissue? The one that is in the room? Oh man, that's another thing I need to add to my hospital bag then. I'll be darned if I gotta pay 5 bucks for tissue.
 
MAGGI MEE...!!!! The korean "Xin" kimchi cup noodle is my favourite!!!! yum yum... :p hv not eaten it for such a long time liao...
 
mummies, i'm using Nivea dedorant to keep my armpit dry everyday. Will it affect my Breast milk??? Sorry huh, talking abt food jus now... :p
 
re : camcorder... think most hosp will tell u cannot film the birth. i went on two hosp tours and both also said cannot. in fact Mt A has a big sign in the delivery suite to say filming prohibited. also dunno why since it's our own birth... maybe the hosps scared if anything go wrong u hv evidence to sue them? :p

but i told hubby cannot take any pictures of me when un-glam :p

hunniepot, our digital camera can also record video, but no sound lor. the one that got sound is the camera phone but low res... so hubby itchy itchy wan a camcorder

koalarie, the one i saw in little dreamers is the Intense Repair Cream under care for mothers.
 
Cannot eat cup noodle meh..... i thought can eat but not too much mah.... I did eat instant noodle once to twice a month leh and just thinking to eat my Koka later for lunch!!!!

Dedorant
Me also using nivea dedorant to keep my armpit dry everyday leh but not too sure if can still contiune to use it when we breast feed our bb. Heard that the smell from the dedorant will cover our body smell and bb will not be able to recognise our smell. Not too sure if its true but i cannot dun put coz i sweat quite alot and cannot imagine if i cannot bath and dun put, dun know will smell like what liao.
 
Re: Camcorder
My cousin told me 2 bring secretly.. they everything all said cannot.. but when u there, it's the gynae say "okay" or "not okay". She told me only a part that the gynae told her hb not to film .. that's when she pushes the bb out. =p
 
Hi soon to be MTBs ^_^
Long time no post..thread moving indeed fast & i can forsee it will be moving faster once we start taking leave..

RE: Stretch Marks
Hmm..many ladies here will surely come after me for saying this but though i'm into my 36 weeks, i don't have any stretch marks due to pregnancy..instead the ones i had was from my teenage yrs & it kinda fade off ever since I'm pregnant..or mabbe i cant see them now ^_^
I have been rubbing stretch mark creams ever since i know I'm pregnant loh..plus my daily rountine involve 'drowning' myself with moisturiser as well..hee..cos my skin is really dry from young.
 
Those who go to the baby care fair, can update the good deals here??
and the IT show... any promotion for printers??
 
hee... tink its okie for us to eat 1 more time cup noodle b4 we go pop lah... :p

Jus da bao lunch come back... almost wan my old life climbing 2 flight of stairs!!!

Shlyn, me too so far so gd... but my sil say at 1st she only hv it at the side. After her delivery, more stretchmark appear!!!! Tats wat i'm afraid of now...
 
RE: Exercising
I'm not sure whether can we still continue our exercise routine cos i have been doing regular exercise (like low impact aerobics, weights lifting etc) even until now..only yest i had diff walking around as my inner thigh muscles ache..ladies, got comments from ur gynae on exercising? My gynae always everything ok one..hee

Yukie
wow..dun scare me leh...only worried abt that..hee..i'm oredi covered with past stretch marks on my bum & thighs..cant imagine more
 
wah shyllyn..You can still lift weights and do aerobics? Which gym do you frequent btw? I lift shopping bags and I pant like mad liao
 
Yukie, Hunniepot
yaloh..doing regularly so not much of a difference to me lah..light weights lah..definitely not muscle building types ^_^

Hunnie
Oh..used to go to my hubby's company's gym but stopped oredi..now do at home..heheh...and they were telling us not to lift heavy things hor..hee...& i still lift weights..
 
shylyn, i've been swimming and doing a lot of walks. my gynae is an advocate of preggies muz still do exercise. my inner thighs will only ache if i walk too much.
 
Re: Exercise
Wow... you all so on exercising, both legs still quite swollen.. at night sleep also got problem stretching n standing up after sleep seem 2b more difficult as my knees seem to give way a bit.

Guess, tix is one of many events I am expecting from water rentation.

So, currently apart from walking for 15 minutes after dinners, I dun get to exercise anymore.

Hunniepot,
dun b surprised... the swim suit only used less than 5 times? =p
 
hmmm... tink i'm the most lazy mummy... :p tink u mummies will get back in shape very fast!
happy.gif


hahaha... evon, at least u still go for walk after dinner. I jus slump on the sofa n watch TV after dinner like a PIG! Tink my only exercise is occasionally playing mahjong...
happy.gif
 
my only exercise is walking round shopping centre/supermarkets :p well... still walking right? but feet get tired easily so must sit down in between. i used to swim a lot but since pg, not done much mainly cos hv to get hubby to go with me in case got cramps n he doesn't like swimming!
 
Hehe Evon

At least Im slightly better.. used the swim suit more than 10 times
happy.gif
Think must have more kids.. so can just the swim suit more often.. $80+ leh.. not cheap!

The only other form of exercise I did was walk from the bus stop to my mother's place.. now that I stop going so frequently.. think my only exercise is walking my dog.. but Im sitting down half the time also..
 
report on baby fair at expo

just came back from baby fair. to be honest, i was a bit disappointed cos i expected more. there are abt 40-50 booths there, but nothing much to see/buy.

about 5-6 are slimming centres
abt 3-4 are insurance
abt 5-6 are childcare centres/education
nestle has a big booth right at the front.
there's mums & babes, Nuk, Pureen, Mustela, BayB Supplies, some booths that sell misc stuff, HomeFixIT, water purifier booth, some sterlising vacuum machine type things booth, booth to subscribe for Mother & Baby or Family magazine, MIM+bumwear (combined booth).

MIM stuff on slight offer. eg nursing tops UP $35 now $30, slings (cotton) UP$39.90 now $36. bumwear didn't ask the price. think this was the most crowded booth :p

we finished in abt 1+ hour (walking at pg woman speed!)
 
I emailed Spa Haven, and this is the reply they sent me:

Thank you for writing in to us!

It is perfectly fine for you to do a Brazilian at this stage of your pregancy,( congratulations by the way!). I'll be careful to assign you to our most experienced waxist who also regulars sees women in their various trimesters.

Also, it may not be completely painless as pregnancy does cause a slight increase in sensitivity, but you won't have to worry about that since you'll be in very good hands.

I hope to hear from you soon! You can reach spahaven booking at 6221-2203 from 11am-9pm weekdays and 11am-7pm on sats.

I am not the one who email lah but copy from another baby forum and the lady who went to do it say its not really painful and its her 1st time doing. Oh ya, she is in her 34th week liao.
 
I think i did do my exercise in some other way, like after dinner, walk for 1/2hr than almost everyday go shopping after work, bring my dog for 1/2hr walk daily at night and do housework on every weekend..... heehee but still put on so much weight leh!!!! Dun know how to become slim liao lah.......
 
Hunniepot,
ya lor. my hb oso said so.. but i told him he's the one who doesn't want to let me go alone n yet don't want to go into public swimming pools becoz of the crowd ma. =p
 
RE: exercise
yaloh..my mum was nagging at me..say walking is sufficient oredi loh..but these days, realised tt after walking a bit, can really feel my legs & bum ache terribly..cham loh..dunno how it will progress after I'm later into my pregnancy.

RE: Baby Fair at Expo
Sggal, hmm..1 hr plus..oh dear..dunno worth my effort to travel all the way down then..esp i stay in Jurong :p seems like these days, the fairs always have some other unrelated booths there as well..take e career fair for example, majority are educational institutions :p Hee..nevertheless, will drop by..since I hv nothing better to do..heheheh

Re: swollen legs
ya..think my leg starting to look like a pair of pig's legs..hee..btw, any ladies experienced cracking of the skin at ur heels? was it becos of the additional weight? Any way to solve?
 
koalarie
They are charging $42 if i did not forget what i read just now.... but can call and ask!!! Another one to try is forget about the shop name but also quite good..... can call them 62202551 to check and they charge at $40 and they are very experience with pregnant woman.
 
I called the beautician i noe.. they are charging at tix rate:
Full - 60
Half onto only but oso trim buttom - 35
Bikini (bottom only) - 25

They also recommend customer 2 buy a 1l antibacterial thrash spray (essence blended by them) at $51.

Then it is like experimental again.. will try with small strips first 2 c the tolerance level of the customer. But if customer can tolerant, then use bigger strip.
 
went for my checkup just now...
bb weighs 2.55kg at wk 34...
gynae say average size wor... din say too big or whatever...
bb's head not engaged yet... will be having checkup 2 weeks later again..
by the way, the pharmacy at TMC is selling the pigeon bb wipes at 7.95 for a pack of 3 packs.. but it's with the jojoba oil one.. not the new one tat taka fair is selling. I feel quite worth it to buy... i bought 2 packs.. so total got 3 packs of 3...
 
Just came back from my MIL's house.. wah liao.. bb havent even come out yet and havent even started breastfeeding.. she says MUST supplement bb with FM.. cos nowadays pple's breastmilk sure not enough supply for bb one.. *faint* luckily I am not staying with her otherwise I sure go bonkers

Till now, she is still hoping that my gynae made the wrong gender prediction.. asked me if bb moves around alot and if my tummy feels hard.. I said yes and she looked very hopeful and said these are the symptoms of having a bb boy... *double faint*
 
Hi hunniepot,
some of the older generation still has misconceptions about breasfeeding lah..... bear with it. I'm staying with my inlaws and I haven't told them about my intention to BF. If they make any comments , I'll just ignore.

They really hoping for a boiboi...kekekeke...you must work hard for your 2nd one soon.

BTW, anyone bought a cot mobile already? Saw Tinylove Mozart-In-Motion selling at $49 (U/P:$79) can see the picture here http://www.reggies.co.za/tinylove.html
Do you think it's a good buy? My hubby finds it quite cute, but I prefer the Symphony-In-Motion (Farm Animals/Geometric Shapes) http://www.tinylove.com/developmental_toys.aspx
but the sales pple say it's not available in Singapore.

Alternatively, we're keen on the pull and play arch. Hubby says the mobile will make the baby dizzy, so suggest that the arch is better. Any comments?
 
Hi cheona

Yeah lor.. what to do? The older generation are like that.. luckily I have my mum's support as she breastfed me and my siblings exclusively for many months.. so she is very pro breastfeeding..

Kekeke.. think will have depend on my hb's sperms liao.. whether the Y sperms can outswim the X sperms
happy.gif


I also intend to get the tiny love musical mobile.. saw 2 sets at KKH mothercare today (the Mozart-In-Motion) selling at $79. Any idea where else do they sell it besides mothercare as I find many of their items are way over-priced.

Since musical mobiles have been in the market for so long.. dont think it will make the bb dizzy right?
 
Hi hunnipot,

if you really keen to get the Mozart-In-Motion, it's $49 at Taka now.

Did you see anywhere selling Playgro toys?
 
Hi cheona

Thanks!
happy.gif
Is it the one at the taka fair? Didnt see it when I was there the other time.. will go check it out thanks!
happy.gif


Never heard of playgro toys.. whats about it?
 
Playgro is an Aussie brand, they have quite a range of developemnt toys and nursery accesories too. I saw their mobile and musical pullups on some websites. Quite nice and colourful.
 
Morning ladies.

IS it normal to keep having stomach cramps on and off? I have been having that for the past two days.. =(
 
Evon, is it like menstual cramps? at the lower abdominal area? it's normal 'cos uterus contracts. But if it's stomach, maybe gastric? see your gynae if you are not comfortable.
 
HI all,
Shylyn and Daphne, do both of you still get water retention despite of doing exercise?
Coz I still slightly get it though I have been swimming and walking

Do some of you getting tired much more easily nowadays?
 
I am very tired today. I slept at 2:30am last night, wake up at 10:30am today, went back to sleep at 12am, wake up again at 2pm, went back to sleep at 4pm, wake up at 6:30pm. Dunno what happen to me. Cannot keep my eyes open.
 
Evon,
Same here. I also kept having stomach cramps on and off. Have been experiencing it since Thurs. U must be careful, if your back aches and u have the pang sai feeling as well, might be contractions. For my case, my back didn't ache but keep having the pang sai feeling so I guess it's BH.
 
Hi Monchie, when you say water retention, u meant like feet swelling rite. My feet's pretty okay, mild swelling. My chinese doc says it is very normal even wif lots of walking & exercising. However, these days i'm starting to feel the strain on my back when i walk non-stop for an hour.
 
these days, i sleep very little in the early part of the nite. usually wake up very often, almost like an hour in-between to go toilet. the best part of my sleep is from 3am to 7am.
 


Sorry, just to check when is the take fair ending huh???? Did any of you gals see rubber cot sheet selling there?? Those to put bb on top when changing diaper and the brand is Pigeon?? Thinking to drop by today coz meeting friends there.....
 

Back
Top