(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Koalarie
I saw your posting there so guess somehow you knows a little bit lah..... think you hubby really clever lor!!

hunniepot
If my next child is gal hor than i will go see what you can pass down to me liao!!! Hoping for a gal next round so can wear alot of nice clothing that you buy for your gal.......hee hee
 


Jilian,
dun tempt me la... got IT show @ Suntex.. I oso can't go.. =p
If only office near Expo. =p

Preciousbabe,
What can I say...but u've a very great heart. Little Jardon'd appreciate even if his mom takes things 4 granted.

Hunniepot,
U really expert in washing stuff leh... Thanks 4 advice.. I will try 2night so tat can wash by weekends with bb detergent.
 
waaa.. u gals really bought a lot of stuff.

hunniepot, where is the Akira fair? yr mini fridge sounds good leh. i also thinking maybe 3 kids. hubby wants 4!!!!

jilian, i was thinking to go on sat with hubby, but hving 2nd thoughts cos prob a lot of people. are u going tomorrow?

yukie, u had ms whole 1st tri? how did u cope? my fren just told me her SIL now 6weeks, everything she eats also throw up. i can't help her with any advice cos i didn't hv ms.
 
Koalarie,
You can go over the weekend mah.
happy.gif


Sggal,
Yeah I also thinking weekend will have a lot of people. Also cos weekend want to pop down to IT show at suntec. Hehe.. So thinking of going to expo tomorrow afternoon, if possible.
 
preciousbabe

Yeah.. like the NKF saga.. those pple who suffer are the kidney patients.. just see it as you are doing Jadon a favour..

Evon

No lar.. not expert.. my mum taught me one
happy.gif
I use the Kao Liquid wide bleach (yellow bottle with green cap). First I scrub those yellow stain areas with bleach.. then I soak those clothes in warm water in a pail (add half a bottle of bleach) and let it soak for 2 hours.. then I throw the whole lot into the washing machine (with normal laundry detergent and another capful of bleach).. the yellow stains were then gone liao..

sggal


The Akira fair was at Jurong.. but it was over quite a few months ago already..
 
Irene,
Same prob.. seem 2b getting easily awake as well.. but mine's always bb waking me up... she moves, I wake up.. i oso feeling tired really easily.. but luckily during office days, still got a can of coffee to sip on.. so can stay awake a bit.

Re: MIM Sling
Necessary 2 get? My cousin gave me her hand-me-down's Combi front bb carrier.. kept telling me dun buy. But my sisters want 2get 4 me.. n ask me cotton or silk or satin better.. I oso dunno leh.

Yukie,
Dun wash everything so soon.. can do those what's needed first lor. Like u said, nappy clothes.. then u may want to add those bb clothes u want ur bb to wear in the first month ones.. =p

hunniepot,
yes, mdm... will do so.

1sttimemum,
Sigh.. I tot somebody want diapers so can give some.. then go in read n found all the postings... n was like the more i read, the more i pity Jardon (not the mom). My hb juz found tix type of thread's out 2 get our attention n sympathy n he won't want me 2 b emotionally involved lor.. but unluckily i threaded into it 2day la.
 
hunniepot, kut lat means hardworking... me oso don knw wat langauge it is, but use it since young
happy.gif


Hi irene, me gets tired easily too... stand too long cannot, seat too long oso cannot... will b 33 wk tmr...
happy.gif
will wake up whenever i turn my body...

ssgal, my MS started after 6 wks into preg. But i don always throw out... jus feel nausea for the whole day. Try to eat small portion a few times, don eat full meal...
 
Anybody going down to Parkway or tampines today huh?? Thinking of going there shop shop coz dun want to go home so early.... very sian!!! thinking of buying some cloths for bb 1st month and discharge!! if someone going than maybe can shop together!!!!
 
Evon... my hubby same as yr hubby... told me not to read when i 1st got to knw abt them... he don wan me to get emotionally involve. He say not gd for me n bb....

do we hv to wash the bumper oso...???

If u like the MIM sling than let yr sis buy for u lah... at least when 1 is dirty u can use the other...
happy.gif
 
Jilian,
go weekends then hb will accompany n then ask me "still not enuf 2 get 4 bb???"

If go alone with other mommies, then he dun go then he won't noe what i've bought for little princess till i'm home. =p

I've not bought any toys 4 her.

Anyway, if u cfm going, let me noe what's there? If worth 2 go...
 
Back from Pris thread. Got a bit of mix feeling on her. I agreed to owning a car does not mean you are rich because my husband also need a car for his job. Not driving from Tampines to Jurong, but driving into deep deep construction site.

However, asking for expensive or stuff that are not really neccessary feels a bit funny to me.

I did not spend a lot on baby stuffs, I think I am very grateful to my sister on this.
I have brought:
6 big towels =$20
6 pieces of maternity wear =$140
2 pieces button all the way down PJ =$12
5 packets of bathing herbs =$5
sew my own pillow casing my bean sprout pillow.
convert one of my existing shelves to put baby stuffs =$17

We have brought a lot of other stuffs using vouchers redeme from my husband business credit cards. In that way, we try not to use cash.
 
Yukie,
which's better for sling type? Cotton's easy 2 wash, right? satin, i not sure. But silk is cooler yet price a bit more x.. is tix rite?

Half of my mind think cotton'll do.. but hb said bb may not like ... so was saying why dun wait till bb born n go to shop n choose n they juz foot the bill... heeheee.. (guess if bb reach that stage, probably has most of the traits from him la.. )
 
Koalarie,
My husband says that all the time. Best is sometimes I just go around comparing price and don't buy anything cos I'm waiting for the baby fair then only check how much cheaper! Hahah...
Well I know for sure MIM will be there and they will be selling their slings as well as demo how to use.
 
Koalarie
I think than you can try to get the silk ones coz my sis say quite nice and the texture also better compare to cotton.......
 
jilian, u gonna snake out to expo tomorrow? i dun mind snaking also if u want. i want to check out some nursing tops cos hv not bought any at all.
 
sggal,
hehe... I want to lah. But I suppose will only know for sure tomorrow. If I go will be after lunch kind. I also haven't bought any nursing top cos can't try on for size now. I pm you my number. You let me know if you really going.
happy.gif
 
hi gals, finally did baby cert just now.. and went to Taka baby fair just now.. bought huggies diaper.. for new born is $12.20 (34 pcs).. and size S diaper (24 pcs) cost only $5.90.. dunno is cheap or ex.. my hubby wanna go expo baby fair alone this sat.. most of u going huh??
 
jumbo... saw the tread under bb fair taka at mkt place tat the huggies tat is on sale is old stock... but i dun knw wats the diff lah... some one bought 12 packs of it, hv it return.

hee... ssgal, i tink so too... cos i'm hokkien... was tinking it might b malay...
happy.gif
 
jilian, ok, we decide tomorrow. yr office n mine not so far, so i can pick u up if u want. btw, the pm comes in email to my email account issit? (sorry sua ku, first time someone pm me :p)
 
My hb working on Sat midnight leh.. So ask him go on Sat and Sun can b quite tiring for him leh.. and plus he be nagging if I buy some more things..

Probably b tagging my sis 2 go with me.

Jilian,
thx for the link. I will let my sis noe.. they choose n buy la.. dun care what hb says la.. else later spoilt bb /w too many choices. =p
 
Hunniepot,
I c already.. I oso faint.

Alamak.. dunno how she was in other thread came into tix thread suddenly. heehee. =p

Guess.. juz some of us re more sensitive n may get mis-interpretations la.

No worries. =)
 
Evon

Yeah lor.. aiyah I better not post anything here about that thread anymore.. skeli kena again hehe but thanks again
happy.gif
Appreciate it!
 
wow, 1 afternoon and already so many things.

hunniepot, u reali very good! i would love to be your bb. i didn't buy so many things lor because my mother said when the bb comes out then buy accordingly. think this is from experience lah.

anyway, i juz came back from Gynae visit. At 36 weeks, my bb boy weighs 2.6kg. I also talk to my doc on the delivery plan. he said 100% asians need to do incision. there's no getting away from it. he even said relax cause when we see bb, we dun reali care abt the rest liao.
happy.gif


hunniepot, your gynae seeing u every week from now? cause mine says no need, he'll see me in week 38.

evon, i also dropped by at the IT fair. Me not impressed with it although it occupied 3 floors. i thought today 1st day plus weekday, there won't be so many pple, but still.....looks like a lot of pple no need to work. i do not advise dat we preggies go during the weekend.
 
daphne

Eh.. my mum went with me on all my shopping trips.. and she kept reminding me thats theres no need to buy this and that esp bb clothes.. but I still insisted on buying ;p buy until very happy..

Yup.. the midwives at GlenE also told me that most asian women got to do episiotomy cos our vagina cant stretch as much as ang mos..

Im seeing my gynae every 1.5 weeks from now.. actually my gynae mentioned 2 weeks but his nurse booked my appt 1.5 weeks after the last one..
 
preciousbabe

Heheh.. got to be careful with what one says in this forum.. thats why I hardly post in other threads other than April MTB & the marketplace..
 
I just went to kiddy palace and bought the magmag mug which is on offer...hahaha!! From teats to straw only cost $13.50 instead of $17.50.....

hunniepot
I agreed with what you say, that's why i prefer to talk in April thread than the others....... dun want to get involve
 
Back from gynae vist.

He says the hardening of the tummy and the lower abdominal pain (like menstrual cramps) are BH contractions. My baby's head is partly engaged. She's 2.4kg @ 34 weeks.
 
jumbo

Your hb so cute.. wanna go bb fair alone.. think my hb will be totally lost if he goes there alone.. he will not know what bb things are used for what purpose.. let alone go there and shop himself hehe.. can you go jalan jalan even for a short while? Will be good if you can go with him..
 
daphne,
really nothing much to see??? MY colleagues going to see then getting them to "report" to me. =p I dun want 2 go there /w my tummy ard.... last few years been.. n so pushy n sweaty.

I want 2 see what offer they ve for sony handheld videocameras n how much.

Cheona,
good tat u k.

1sttimemum,
What's the purpose of the mug huh? Me a bit sotong.

Actually our threads the best leh.. can learn so much things here. =p

Me going to bath and sleep.. good nite.
 
RE: hospital bag
MT A guideline is 4 sets of front button PJ.....necessary? 'cos I thought someone mention 2 sets enough, and I only got 2 now.

still a bit blur on the items provided by MT A. They mention no need to bring own pads cos provide a packet of Kotex loop pads. not sure if it's included in the package already or chargeable as consumables 'cos a mother who delivered there reecently says it's charged in her bill leh. If chargeable, it's better we bring our own 'cos hospital will charge more expensive than what we can purchase.

For baby, if din hear wrongly, the nurse says 1 pack 24 Pampers is included in the package. Any idea if the Mt A towel is given to everyone or a chargeable item? The nurse says if we din bring own receiving blanket for baby, can use the hospital's green "I'm a MT A Baby" towel.
 
Evon,
the mug is for older babies - a transition stage - to prepare them to drink from the cup instead of sucking from bottle.

I'm given a Pureen one, so no need to buy.
 
hihi,

anyone got rash on the stomach?? initially i thot it was due to stretch mark but it's not, it's little red red spot rash.. is there anything we can apply on it to stop e itch??

me so sad, initially stretchmarkless, but now got a few already and growing as i type, due to e rash, i could not control and keep scatching, so e more i scatch, e more stretchmarks came out..
sad.gif
 
kyla
do u still frequent put the stretchmark cream? 've Similar prob few weeks back, then sb told me tat tummy stretching n too dry so itchy.. then apply stretchmark cream i still've n was much better n 've been doing so since then.

cheona,
oh.. necessary 2 get? I collected lots of yakult straws 2 help my girl 2 transit from bottle to cup n mayb later invest in water bottle instead. =p
Dun remember my mom use 2 train me tix way using mug. =p
Regards 2 ur question, only remember trainer in TMC said 2 sets as well. One for maternity n the other for discharge?
 
evon, i was looking at computers more. felt dat there was no good bargains. i didn't drop by at the Sony booth. not looking at camcorders and cameras at the moment. my feel is camcorders pricing will come down even more because of the introduction of DVD recording media.
 
daphne,
i c.. it's k. b asking my colleagues 2 get the price quotes.. really want 2 use it 2 film bb's arrival. So'm looking 4 one. =)

Thanks.

Morning, ladies.
How were ur sleep? I dunno what came over me. Woke up at 5.30am and didn't sleep then.. though I only managed 2 fall asleep after 12.30am. Sigh.. so now blur blur.
 
Morning ladies,

Sggal,
You so nice. Ok I will let you know. And yes pm means email to your email account. I suppose you would have gotten my contact number by now. Can sms me your number?

Hunniepot,
Yeah judging from the thread link that you post and the latest Jadon/Pris controversy, sounds like sometimes have to close one eye and not get too involved. Luckily our thread here all mummies very friendly and on the same wavelength.
happy.gif


Daphne,
Maybe your doc exeggerated a bit. Not 100% but a very high %. If you wanna try to avoid, you can try the perineal massage now? I think one mummy put up a link before.

Chenoa,
That's really good news from your gynae!

Kyla,
I also have the red spots. Itches like crazy. Yup cos of our skin stretching. When I put the stretch mark cream sometimes the itching don't stop either. So I just try to keep the area clean and put my normal moisturizer instead. I find that Rosken moisturizer is very good for my skin in terms of stopping itchiness.
 
Koalarie
I just like the col of the mug and it came with three stage so i buy lor...... heehee!!! Very cute mah!!

kyla
I think you have to continue with the stretchmark cream and if its not good enough than maybe you have to invest in a better ones..... dun keep scatching but if you really cannot tahan, than try to use your hand to rub dun use finger nails coz its going to leave bad stretchmark on your tummy....... i am using Avent and so far quite good on me.
 
Anyone going to the bbcare festival tomorrow huh?? I will be going for the talk tomorrow so if any mummies going also maybe can meet up there.....
 
morning everyone!

chenoa, i'm also planning for Mt A but not too sure abt what they are giving. tomorrow when i go for dr visit, gonna ask them to book Mt A for me and then later phone up Mt A and ask them what is given n what need to bring. i'll post again when i find out la

koalarie, my hubby also wants to get videocam to film baby. that's his excuse la cos he's been wanting to get for so long but i didn't allow him :D my colleague went to IT show yesterday. he said it's worse than last few years. like pasar malam like that. u definitely better get yr colleagues to report to u or better still, buy for u... better dun go.

jilian, yes i got it. i sms u shortly

re : stretch marks. i got hundreds!
sad.gif
and i hv been applying alot of cream / baby oil twice a day/everyday since 1st tri. (and even before pg, also i put normal moisturiser) suddenly around 30 wks, it started and now there's no stopping the marks... :_( i heard that there are creams that will reverse/reduce the marks. saw in Kiddy palace but like $70! Little dreamers got one at $20. anyone know do these really work?
 
Chenoa

I intend to bring 3 sets of front opening sleeping gown. In case the bleeding very heavy and leaks.

I also very kiasu, bringing 14 pcs of disposable undies. Also scared leak, then can throw away and wear new one. Better bring more maternity pads in case hospital charges you for extra.

Heard TMC charges $5 for one box of tissue!
 
sggal,
thanks. Np. =)
My hb was the one suggested.. but put me in charge 2 go find the difference on the storage method used - DVD, miniDV or memory card etc.. n those MP needed or not etc.. Think actually fotos b sufficient as lots of time DVDs probably b sitting ard living room (juz like those fotos taken for wedding).

=p

Re: Stretchmark cream
Dunno but if ingredients in the cream does make any difference. I got mine ard $70! Was so hurt after I found the palmers one re so much cheaper.. but so far, that jar i've still left /w a bit n it helps in moisture the tummy n butts skin.
Any case, tat same promoter did mention after delivery 2 use another type of cream /w stretchmark cream 2 improve on the skin tightening leh.

Anyone heard of tat as well?

Sggal, the one u saw in Little Dreamers, is which one huh?
 


Jillian

Yeah lor.. one thing abt women.. sometimes we just get so sensitive sometimes! Im guilty of that too...

You know.. ever since you mentioned a few days ago that you will be bringing cup noodles as snacks for your hb.. I got this sudden craving for cup noodles.. ate one cup yesterday and now wanna eat up the one I bougot for hb too.. got to control..

Re: camcorder

Evon.. remembered the time I showed you and daphne my camera at cafe cartel.. perhaps can get just a normal digital camera which can film video as well.. instead of just getting a camcorder esp for recording.. hmm.. BTW GlenE allows filming at delivery meh? Thought I heard from the nurses that it is not allowed? Not too sure about it though..

Re: stretchmarks

My gynae kept shaking his head everytime he sees my stretchmarks.. he already told me he will give me a type of stretchmark cream to use esp after delivery.. (think he said it is used for plastic surgery) dont know the brand though but can find you gals find out if you want.. my gynae also said stretchmarks will never go away.. it will only lighten in colour thats all..
 

Back
Top