(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

congrats to mommies who are expecting no.2!

mommies, anyone send their kid to full day childcare besides me? if you do, do you send him/her for other classes on weekends?

i'm bringing Leo to watch Thomas this sat at 4pm. He's going to go nuts!

fussiecat, i'm gog to see Thomas this sat at 4pm
happy.gif
probably can catch you there..

those that gog to see this sat at 4pm... do give me a buzz ;)

Hunnie
wow..1 to 4...tt's really gd! My boy's current class has abt 15 kids to 2 teachers..as he's recently promoted to N1..he still hv a bit of diff adjusting to the new class & was rather unahppy & wanted to go back to his old class..sighh..btw, my boy's cc is also fully air con leh..gd for him, cos he cant tahan heat..will scratch here & there..

Fussiecat
Me! My boy is currently in full day cc at MMI..been there since Nov 07 till now..& he's attending Shichida on Sats..been doing so for the past one yr plus..so let him continue loh

RE: Thomas The train
Is the show gd?? I initially tot of bringing my boy there but the previous time which I brought him to the Barney show, he fell asleep half way..think suay lah..cos bought the tickets (frm another mummy) which is lunch time..his usual sleeping time.

How come the boys here are all Thomas fans huh? My Aiden also likes watching the show. I find the cartoon quite boring leh.

Dunno whether he can sit thru the show or not, so we don't really dare to bring him there. Will wait for the next round when he is older.

In case anyone is interested, there are mummies selling tickets in the WTS section.

TWW - i have no idea why. Train seems to be their boys thing hahaha..i'm like you i didnt like the cartoon - it can really bored me to death. But i like Mickey mouse clubhouse
happy.gif

I did not let KJ watch the Thomas show too because he did not seem to enjoy the show when they are performing in AMK last Dec holiday. However, he was a crazy fan of Thomas trains toys and shirt. He will demand to wear thomas t-shirt all the time.

I also dun like the cartoon. They are soooo boring.

My boy fancy Thomas the Train..as in the toy itself..& he will imitate the train chu chu sound..yet to let him watch the cartoon..cos I find it boring myself..heheh...so better dun waste e money buying the VCD

My boy fancy fm cars to trains.. haiz, i have been watching cars almost everyday, else it will be wheels on the bus..

shylyn, my boy is also at MMI. Which branch is your boy at? mine is raffles plc. Mine will probably be promoted to N1 when Oct is here.

Rez is nod also in MMI@ katong. I am nt too sure when he will be promoted. Hee hee.

Rez is fancinated with Thomas & Train, bob the builder, worst- taxi!

Everyday he will look out of my house's windows or my father's car and say blue taxi... Yeloow taxi, Red taxi and sometimes blk taxi. (I wonder where is the blk taxi.)

Anybody apply cord life? IS it useful or good?

Hi ladies,

Good to see the thread alive again. Congrats to all mommies having 2nd baby.

Looks like train is a boy's thing. But Enya loves the MRT. When she sees one, she will go: Mommy, train! I think that is b'cos we seldom take the train. So she is a bit mountain tortoise. As for Thomas, she doesn't like it at all. Her favourite is Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Everything at home is Mickey Mouse!

I guess Enya is the only one who is not attending any school here. After being hospitalise in Feb08, I stopped her from going to school. I'm wondering whether to sign her up for playgroup or nursery next year. Anyone has any advise?

yah lor, yah lor.
KJ also like trains, buses, LRT, MRT. Lucky he can watch LRT everyday from our living room. However, he do not have the patient to watch Thomas on TV. He still prefer Elmo and Hi5.

I have not let him watch cars and wheels on the bus before. Maybe I should get the VCD for him.

Hi Mummies
Glad tt this thread is more alive now..^_^

RE: Trains/Cars/Buses
Yaloh..guess being a typical boy, my boy also likes cars/buses/trains..he will play with his mini cars & buses every day w/o fail..even bring to the shower with him..heheh..gd in a way, cos he got entertainment while e mommy quickly shower him

Des/Petite
My boy is in MMI Jurong West, currently N1..actually he’s supposed to be promoted in Oct but was promoted early as the PG teacher recommended him ..but prob is, my boy still prefers his old class..guess being in a new class w older kids scared him plus new teacher, new environment & new friends…too many changes for him to cope with..so every morn, cry when I send him there..*shake head* But honestly, can see the difference in the syllabus..N1 students learn more cheem things..heheh

Tracy
U can consider letting her attend those 2 hr playgroup to expose her & let her learn how to socialize? Hmm..think many RC centres offer this.

Draik
U intending to hv another soon?? Btw..if my memory didn’t fail me, u r a sahm right??

my son is into construction equipment. he can name absolutely any construction equipment he sees along the road. plus garbage trucks, tow trucks, fire engines, all he loves.

asked him, u want to drive a cement mixer next time, he said "YES!"

haha.....

hey momyam, see you at the show tomorrow! i think i should be able to recognise you!

my boy is the biggest Thomas fan! he used to watch the VCDs over and over, he occasionally still asks to watch Thomas but he has moved on to Cars, Toy Story 1 and 2, Finding Nemo (all of which i have watched a gazillion billion times >_<) and he has so many Thomas clothes, pyjamas. Must eat from Thomas plate/bowl, use Thomas spoon, drink from Thomas waterbottle. Go bookshop must buy Thomas storybooks. Go to school, carry Thomas bag, go out wear Thomas crocs shoes. Brush teeth, use Thomas toothbrush. He has so many toy trains (actually i indulge him a lot cos i enjoy buying them!) but good thing is, he learnt how to say my name cos one of the engines has the same name as me! haha... the amazing thing is, he learnt how to say 'funnel', 'whistle' and 'boiler' just by watching the vcds! i fell off my chair when he said those words to me when i was reading thomas bedtime story to him! we also learnt colours and numbers thru Thomas as well. I got some posters from a shop in suntec that teaches numbers and words thru Thomas characters.

actually i find that he is picking up things very quickly now and am wondering if i should send him for extra classes. but he's doing alot in school already (full day CC) one of my colleagues at work kept telling me that i should because he sends his daughters to extra classes (like music, art) but i'm still hesitant cos he's only 2!

Hi fussiecat,

Personally I feel that most other enrichment classes out there offer pretty much the same programmes as what our tots learn in CC. Music, Art, storytelling, movements.. Shichida has a totally different approach, which you may wish to check it out..

Wow! the thread is finally moving again
happy.gif
Thanks to all the moms who gave me advice on the sleeping arrangement for bb and the CL. Will follow what you all did and give myself the rest then.

Actually, I think i am not really mentally prepared for the baby! Oh dear! Hubby been's away for about 3 months and the wait for his return kinda overshadows everything. He's finally coming back today, and yesterday, I read the 'Baby Whisperer' and feels some pangs of panic! Oh dear, the sleepless nights will start again and I seem to have forgotten most stuff! Got to do some 'revision' this week as we spend the last bits of time together as a 'threesome'. Have not even decided on bb's chinese name!

Hi Su,

You are early today! Good to hear that your hub's finally coming back! I'm sure you must be very excited to see him. My hb just needs to be away for a wk and I will miss him terribly liao. You are very strong to have been without him for so long, and preggie all these while some more.

Come to think of it, I need to do some revision myself. Can't imagine those nights of endless pumping and latching are going to be back again! But at least for me, not so soon, in 3+ mths time!

Hi twws,

haha, actually I get up around that time every day cos Ruixiang is an early riser. Yes, am glad that my hubby is finally back... I no longer feels half empty now...
happy.gif
somehow one never realised how empty life can be without someone else to share the joy of having a child. Joy is really doubled when shared. Alas, my hubby is only going to be around for 3 weeks..then he will be gone for 2 months again. Hope I won't have post natal depression and I can cope with his absence and with 2 kids around.

You hang in there while your hubby is away.
happy.gif
bz yourself with work. I find that helps alot. My friend was telling me it will be almost 2nd nature when bb is here and we don't need to revise so much.
happy.gif

hi mummies, how have you been?

Now hubby in Korea n me alone here with 2 kids, sob, sob...

Su, take heart. Your case similar to mine, but you are much luckier. Ruixiang is now older (as compared to my Amanda was only 1 year plus then) and you got a helper to help out. I can fully share your joy of having hubby back before giving birth. My hubby left when no. 2 was only 1 month old and back only when she's 6 months old. Just don't worry too much, time will pass very fast with 2 bb in the house and you may not even miss him much and then he's back, gee...

Mummies with no. 2 on the way
- dun worry too much, things will just come naturally and it will be such a joy to relive the growing phrase of what your no.1 had gone through. Congrats too.

Momyam - sorry for late reply. Check your mail, k.

nana - Guess you a SAHM? I'm just glad my No. 2 has upgraded to a toddler. Though I dun mind having a No. 3, but I am not ready to go back to the "infant(ry)" days again nor depend on maid. Now, I can still bring my 2 kids out to the zoo, shopping on my own, dun know how to with 3 kids and not to mention 5. You are really amazing.

Cartoon Fan
-----------
My No. 1 likes Strawberry Shortcake, Mickey Mouse characters, Pooh, Elmo. Carebears and hee... Hello Kitty too. Guess so long they look cute, she doesn't mind. But she definitely is a Dora and Diego fan.

Stephz,
how come you are not in Korea? I thought you are going there?

shylyn,
yes, I am a sahm. Thinking of producing a baby girl so that KJ will not be so lonely.

fussiecat,
aiyo, your son so addicted to thomas. You must have spend a lot of those trains lah, they are quite expensive leh.

Hi Su,

All the very best for your C-sect on friday! Glad that your hubby is back now. Still remembered how frustrated you were during the last few sessions at Shichida. Time flies, RX and Amanda had gone thru 1 yr of Shichida together, And you are going to have your no.2 soon. Still find it amazing how small the world is
happy.gif

All the best! Im sure you will cope fine with your no. 2.

nana (nana1977), wow that's cheap.

twws (tanwawas), I understnad wat you mean. I hate it too. Sleepless nite.

Rxmom, all the best in yr delivery.

Hi ladies,

I was cleaning my store and realised that I have 2 pcs of Mamy Poko pull up pants, Size M. I would like to give away. Anyone interested?

Draik - guess me me love Singapore too much, haha... Actually think I'm not mentally prepared to stay there yet. Also various reasons (you can read in my blog). Still deciding.
Btw, u still SAHM, not going to FTWM? Seems like you are ready for No. 2.

Tracy - like shylyn said, you can consider playgroup for Enya. Btw, just wonder why you didn't opt for natural birth?

Amy(flub) - just read you got 3 kids too. So same like nana, you have given birth each year? Read that you bring your bb to the zoo sometimes. I do bring my 2 darlings to the zoo on weekdays too. With 2 is manageable, how to with 3? I just went there again this week, they got the new show called "Rainforest fights back", fyi.

My indulgence is buying cars for my boy. like fussiecat, car pyjamas, car t-shirt, car shorts, etc else it be thomas the train. N now he chooses what he wants to wear. On some certain days, he did not even want to change out.

Luckily, that sat show, he sat through n watch quietly unlike my gal, she's so excited n keep making noises. He felt asleep during the finale... When we reach home, we fell 'dead' n sleep till 7+pm. haha...

shylyn, i guess its the change of environment n friends n fm what i know, Kids fm N1 onwards, are much more independence n teachers dont really give that kind of attention compared to playgroup. I think if my boy were promoted to N1, he may not get used to it. One of his good friend was promoted to N1 recently n i think he's nt used cos i can see him crying n unwilling to go to sch. M not sure issit due to the promotion.

Stephz,
Yah I am still a sahm.

Cannot do anything today again because KJ is running a fever again.

My indulgence is shopping online for cheap cloths for KJ. Brought so many when all aboard toys was having a moving sale. Now I have stop buying cloths offline.

draik,

i have to agree with you.... shopping online for clothes is so fun, and they are cheap and nice! especially when allaboardtoys.com has sale. now i hardly buy clothes for aiden from the shops, except when i spot some cheap bargain at mothercare.

draik, i'm not the only person buying thomas stuff for him. i occasionally indulge him but most of the stuff are from relatives and friends. yah, i do agree that they are expensive! i was at the thomas show and thinking abt the money they earn from just one show alone... fwah...

des, my son also like Cars. So we got Cars lunchbox, bowl, tees, colouring book etc for him too. It's good that he likes more than one thing, cos it's easier to get his attention with the variety of things out there...

Hi,
Sorry to disturb.
Anyone uses Bliss confinement agency before? Any feedback? Appreciate with sharing ur experience with me. Pls PM me. Thanks!

Hi ladies,

I just got back from Bintan this afternoon. A really good break for me and hb. Enya enjoyed herself very much. But she kept asking for Mickey Mouse cos we went HK in May and she remember seeing MM in HK!

Steph,
I signed Enya up in Playgroup beginning of the year. But teacher stopped her from going in Mar as she keep having running nose. At the end of Mar, she was admitted to hospital for pneumococcal and bronchitis. So I stopped her from going to school till now. She kept asking about school recently. Will sign her up for the new term that starts in Jan 09.

As for me having epi c-sect, gynae felt that Enya was a bit on the small side and not putting on enough weight. Plus my placenta was aging and will not be able to support Enya to full term. So he suggested me having c-sect at 38 weeks. If the other mommies still remember, Enya was the smallest bb on the list in this thread, 2.39kg. Come to think of it, she really grow very fast. Time just fly by quickly.

Draik - hope KJ is feeling better now. Mayb u want to check could it be the CC environment that he is sick again?

Nana - ya, it's good to go back to the workforce, me dying to also, but yet can't bear or also trust others to take good care of my darlings (esp overpampering them). Guess the first few weeks will be tough to put the momentum back as FTWM.

Tracy - the kids love to go to school. That's why 1 of my reasons not going over to K now is cos' of Amanda's playgroup which she enjoys so much and also her teachers are great. Usually, I will immediately wash her hands and legs once we came back from playgroup, u may want to practise this too. Remember to use anti-septic soap.

I only came across this forum after giving birth to my Amanda(think May/June 2006), so didn't know about your c-sect case. Agree that now they really grow, just this week found that a few of Amanda's clothes got to say byebye again. Sama-sama for my No. 2. Indeed time flies.

Hey mummies,
I don't really know much or keep track for online shopping, other than occasionally buy things from the Bulk Purchase link. So if you are aware of any sale online, do share with me.

Guess we could keep this track moving more, by sharing any news/sale that we heard or seen.

Stephz,
Lucky KJ is able to be back to his CC on the second day. I can see that he is getting used to the virus in school. His "MC" get shorter and shorter now. Hopefully, he will not get sick so often. I might consider going back to work if I am not pregnant and KJ dun get sick so often.

Aiyo Tracy,
You really like shopping online huh? I also leh. Not only I shop for KJ, I also shop for myself. I have not buy anything from those brick and mortar shop for a long long time. However, I seldom join the spree on this forum. I only brought from here 1 time when my favourite forum was down.

I think it is an addiction for me. If I did not receive any parcel from my letter box for a long time, my hands will get very itchy.

hunniepot, abt the enrichment classes outside of CC, the one thing i'm interested in is speech and drama. you think that would be useful? his dad is all for it also...

nana, i just had a thought. i think you should write to MCYS for an appeal to enjoy the new benefits cos your case is special. you had 2 sets of twins in succession so the new benefits would really help in easing the strain on the family's finances right now. No harm trying...

Hi draik &amp; tracy,

Same here. It is an addiciton. I always buy stuffs from amazon. Let it be toys, and more recently books. And I always get the delivery notice at my door as Im hardly at home and my hubby cannot believe the no of notices that I have!

fussicecat,

For speech and drama, I think Julia Gabriel has quite a good programme on that, but im not too sure about the age grp though...

wow our thread is coming to life!!! yeah!
Do keep in touch..will we have another gathering?
Now with 2 and working full time is quite siong. But thankfully my kids always smile at me when I go home. Just that my noti little boy still haven't slept thru the night so mommy's a panda..

babe,
I have been a panda since I can feel KJ kicking inside my tummy. I just scold KJ in the middle of the night for waking up zillion of time. I told him, if he woke up one more time, he will go out and sleep with the cats. After that, he did not wake up anymore until 7am.

Should have said that earlier.

hunniepot,
Since I am at home, I will stalk my postman. LOL. My hubby still do not know that I am addicted because he has only seen 2 parcels so far.

Hi mummies

Fussiecat
Wow..ur boy is indeed a Thomas the Train fan! Hee..gd in a way that u can use this cartoon character to teach him things! My boy is a fan..but definitely not to your boy’s extend..hehehe…
Like you, I did think of sending my boy to other enrichment class but I don’t want to overburden him. Hmm..but really keen in sending him to music class as he really enjoy music &amp; dance..

Su
All the best to your C section. Hmm..hoipe I’m not too late in offering my well wishes!

Su/Stephz
Peifu..how long has ur hub been away? How did u manage to cope with a toddler &amp; being preggie at the same time? Hmm..think I’ll hv to learn frm u for having to cope w a toddler all by myself when my hub is outstationed next yr…

Draik
Hmm..just my tots..do u observe that KJ is lonely?? Though many parents want to hv another one so that their elder one is not lonely, frm the pt of an only child (yes..I’m one), I dun recall feeling lonely b4..in fact, I learnt to self entertain &amp; in fact, always have a book wherever I go..

RE: Thomas the Train Show
Mummies who brought your little ones there to watch, how was it?? Did I miss out on anything?? Hee…wonder whether there will be a rerun.

Des
I guess so loh..cos it has been almost 3 weeks (but in between there was a few holidays &amp; absence due to being ill) so he has only been with the class for abt 2 weeks..still crying every morn..but according to his teacher, he was ok after I left..so apparently, cried becos he’s reluctant to go to sch..sighh…wonder what can make him like sch..there r children who enjoy sch so much till they pester their parents to bring them to sch, yet mine dislike..prefer to stay at home..hope can change this…else cant imagine what will happen when older &amp; still dislike sch..

TWws
Heheh…I enjoy shopping online as well..spotted a few times U &amp; I buy frm e same bp..hee..but I dun like buying clothes online..still prefer to look see &amp; touch..heheh

Tracy
Hmm..i didn’t realize that Enya is the smallest bb here..my boy is the next smallest I guess..&amp; he has remain small ever since…u know what…till now, he’s only in the 3percentil for weight &amp; height…really worried &amp; wonder what I can give him to make him grow faster..this is despite his gd appetite…how’s Enya’s height &amp; weight now??

Hunniepot
Just curious..what do u purchase frm amazon? What sorta books? Hee…I’m always on the lookout for books for my boy..hee..so basically, my home is cluttered with his books..looking for a gd bookshelf for all his toys &amp; books..but yet to find any till now :p
Hmm..if my memory didn’t fail me, u r also selling certain stuffs as well right?? Pls correct me if I’m wrong..^_^

Draik
Which CC did u send KJ to?

shylyn,
KJ goes to Faith Educare, opposite my block only.

Actually, I dun think KJ feels lonely at all. I wanted another kid so that KJ will not stick to me so much. When his cousin is around, KJ can forget about me. When KJ was with me, he want me to do everything for him, with him and I cannot do anything else.

Any reason is that when you grow older, there are just some things that you will prefer not to discuss with your parents because you do not want them to get worry. It will be nice to have a sibling around that you can talk about things.

Of course, if I choose to stop at 1, my life will be so much easier now. But I love KJ so much that I wish to have another baby so that he got someone to bully or be bully.

Hi draik,

I used to stalk the postman too when I was a SAHM but am unable to do it now.. I almost froze when my hubby picked up 3 delivery notices over 3 days haha..

shylyn,

I used to sell baby clothes online but not anymore, I really do not have the time to spare now that Im working full time.. do let me know if you know of anyone who is interested in taking over
happy.gif

I usually buy books which I personally like ;p now I buy mostly books with have award winning medals like the caldecott medals etc.. and I try to get my hands on books on dogs or cats cos those are Amanda's fav... she will get me to read those dogs and cats books over and over again until I can memorise each book almost word for word!

nana, you should try! a friend of a friend appealed cos her kid was born one day before the cut-off and she was successful. Your case is even more special. perhaps you could as someone to help you write the appeal letter, just saying that your household more than doubled in less than 3 years, plus any other circumstances that add to the stress on your finances... but it's your choice
happy.gif

Back