(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

HI mommies,
Just want to ask if any mommies is using Pampers Active Baby(purple colour packaging) L(38pcs) n XL(34pcs)? Cos I have a few Ls and XLs to let go at :
L(38pcs)-$20/-
XL(34pcs)-$18/-
Int, pls sms or call me at 91451454

hi mummies, dropping by to say hello.

Shylyn - you can try bringing your kid just outside the house, then downstair to the playground, then shopping. Start with short duration, then gradually increase, I believe you can do it. Bringing out 1 kid is definitely a lot easier than bring 2 (which I found out after having 2).

Btw, can mummies enlighten me on the zoophonics and letterland way of teaching, think zoophonics is using animals right?

I've been teaching my gal phonics myself and she's quite good already, so has never sent her to any phonics lesson. Thot it might be good to know more, since different cc/school using different styles.

babe - thanks for sharing on the online buy. Guess me too busy lately to learn. Do share again if got some more lobang. A lot to learn from u mummies, so proficient with online buying, guess maybe sometimes me prefer concrete stuff cos' sometimes pictures shown on website look different when received (those I bought in the bulk purchase forum).

Have a nice day.

hello mummies, long time didn't post here liao. just silently reading. wanna bring my 2 kids to Hongkong next year march school hols. need to know which hotel is gd place to put up in...thnks

Hihi,

am helping a fren urgently looking for a babysitter at Yishun area, preferably the nanny’s place nearby Blk 400+. Of cos, other yishun area is welcome too.

Prefer English or Mandarin speaking babysitter. Need the babysitter to commence on 1st week of Dec, Mon to Fri only. No overnight, my fren will bring her bb back every evening. Bb will start solid in Dec.

I will not follow this thread so pls pm me the details. Really appreciate! =)

mine! mine! my gal.... she's yet toilet train. She used to know poo poo but the past few weeks, she on and off poo on her diaper. headache leh.... now gotta seek cc teacher help to start her leh... but the teachers yet start her....

hi babyship,
hmmmm... you gal is happy to be back to pat right? my gal more or less settle down @ agape lor.... find that she sings a lot... but me dont understand what she's singing about lor... she yet really able to communicate in readable way... she's slow leh... ha!!!!

anyone of you have experience over MMI phonics class?

KJ is not toilet train yet. I still dun have the courage/is lazy to train him. However, the teachers in his childcare are training him now. I hope they will be successful.

Toilet Train,
mine just started last month with a sudden, actually CC teacher already give up toilet train her...but suddenly she tells......feel happy for her...and can save $$...

Toilet Training

Ruixiang was toilet trained at 22 month old when he started playgroup. Actually the toilet training was triggered by my sis, who claimed that all her 3 children are toilet trained by 18 months. *rolled eyes*. of course going to class also helps us to be more onz in training him. The teacher helps too.
happy.gif

He not night and nap toilet trained yet though, i.e. still wears diapers when sleeping.

Re: Toilet Train

Enya is not toilet train too. I tried not to let her wear her diapers during the weekends. She will either hold on to her urine or ask for diapers. But she slowly realised that it is ok to pee or poo in the potty. Will try it out for another few weeks. Hope that it is successful.

Aiden is not toilet-trained too. I tried letting him wear his favourite Thomas briefs, but he still is not able to inform me before he pees. So I end up with a wet floor everytime he wears his briefs, but luckily so far, all accidents happened on the floor and not on sofa/bed.

I find, like Enya, he also holds his urine when he wears briefs, once he went for a period of almost 3 hrs without urinating. As soon as I put on diapers for him, he pee-ed.

Toilet Training

Isaac was being trained at between 18 to 20months i thk. Thanks to the playgroup teacher encouragement then so we started that young.

He has successfully toilet trained both at home and outside and diaperless during nap time; now is only the night time he is not toilet train at this moment. But at times i will get upset if he is on diaper and if he wants to pee pee.

He will insist take out the diaper to pee and refuse to wear the diaper back but wants his underwear instead.

Hi to all mummies. How's everything in Singapore?

Btw, heard there's great sale in the US online websites, anyone knows which one got good sales?

Regarding potty training, my gal was fully toilet trained at 19 months old, ie she has been diaperless since then. Currently, my no. 2 (now around 17 months) is semi-potty trained cos' she will only tell me when she wants to poo and not pee. Funny thing is that she was able to tell me when she wants to pee at around 15 months. Mummies with No. 2 will find that it's easier to potty train them as they will want to do what the No. 1 does.

I think I have read before that some mummies have already succeeded potty training while the child is still a baby, ie. before 1 year old.

fussiecat - thanks about the letterland website. Will look through in more details when free. So far what I've taught my No. 1 has been effective, so will use the same on my No. 2, maybe will use the letterland or zoophonics as supplement.

See my happy gal typing ABC when she's 18 month old.
http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=4zHtQTmxvhY

I considered mine as fully trained except night time. Will start the night training probably when he's slightly older. He can tell you when to pee n poo and sleep w/o diaper during nap time. But in the childcare, they still let him wear diaper incase he has accident. Once he's up, he's w/o any diaper. Really save $. So far, onlu use 1 diaper once a day and that is during night time.

Reiner, yupz she's happy back at pats and now I dun have crying problem. My gal can speak quite well but can't read on her own..but of coz there are times we have to interpret abit what she's saying as her sentence not complete. Actually before I left agape, I asked the p why some programmes not in place yet and she told it's due to the small number. Btw, if u know anyone want to buy the uniforms over, let me know.

Toilet train
Wow u guys are so fast with toilet training. Mine for now if you put her on diapers, she will not tell. If I put her on panties, she will tell me. Tried that last weekend when I bring her out to united sq and she actually told me and we went to toilet and she wee.

Erm...cc doesn't do toilet training till yr they turn 3 though I feel she is ready. Dunno good or bad...

hi babyship,

agape has increased the numberin the PG, 5 more kids in there....

wow... that's great!! no more headache for you too wah... that your girl is back to pat w/o crying....

heeheee...so how have ur gal been? Progressing well? Teachers still the same?

At least now she wants to go school and I don't have to struggle with her. So funny, every time go my mom's place she will say she doesn't want to go to the bear school...

ooh... ooh... hmmm... agape really give you gal "nightmare" eh...

so far so good... ya teachers are still the same lor.... now the teachers start to toilet train my gal... is my gal doesnt allow the teacher to take off her diaper.... @ home she's okie leh... y eh?

Hi babe, I've just replied your mail. Hope it helps.

Mummies, do you know any good pre-school (around Seng Kang, around few hours type) to recommend when our kids turn 4 in 2010?

Here, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas too.

Hi mummies,

My no. 2 is down with diarrhoea, may I know what do you feed your toddler if your bb has diarrhoea and also what food to avoid?

Brought her to a peaditrician, dunno is it the pd's English (a Korean) is not good or she misinterprets "formula milk" as something else, she said fresh milk not ok, but "formula milk" is ok. Wonder is it true, I thot we should avoid milk when having diarrhoea?

Rosabel - welcome
happy.gif

Stephz,

try giving ur no.2 the rice water. That's what i did. Milk powder shouldn't be too thick where possible. Any oily stuff tries to avoid.

Most importantly is to keep 2nd one hydrated.

Hi Stephz,

U stilll in Korea??? It is a bit difficult to get someone to speak English in Korea.

I remember when Enya has diarrhoea the other time, her pd told us to give her Pediasure instead of her Gain IQ. Not too sure whether you can get it in Korea though.

Koalarie/Tracy - Dun have internet access the last few days. Thanks a lot. My gal's stool is still soft type, but at least no more watery/ diarrhoea like that day. Glad to have your replies, was actually getting a little disheartened earlier to pose queries and not getting response here.
happy.gif

Tracy - ya, me still in Korea. English is almost useless here cos' most of them can't speak/understand English. Most of the time have to rely on hubby to be the translator. Didn't see Pediasure here, cos' things here are written in Korean. But one thing good is that they have milk powder by Abbott (ie. Gain IQ supplier) which I will buy when my Gain IQ which I brought over from Singapore runs out.

Wishing a happy 2009 to everyone.

Hi all,

Just a question.. are your tots still taking their afternoon naps? Mine seems to be growing out of it.. and still resists very strongly whenever we want to make her sleep at night even though she can be awake for 15 hours straight

Happy New Year to all!

hi hunniepot,

yes, (thankfully) aiden is still having at least a 2 hr nap every afternoon. no signs that he does not need the nap anymore cos he will start showing signs of tiredness by 3pm if he does not sleep by then.

maybe you can set a fixed earlier bedtime for amanda everyday like 8pm if she does not nap in the afternoon. lights off at 8pm, stay with her in the room, but do not interact with her, once she is bored she will fall asleep. maintain the pattern for some time, and she shd fall into the pattern. it worked for my son, although his bedtime is not 8pm.... it's 1030pm.

twws,
That's what I did for Enya. Lights off at 9pm. Only recently when I'm watching Little Nonya then off at 10pm
kao_sticktongue.gif
But she will toss and turn for about an hour before going to sleep.

Her afternoon nap is at least 3hrs. This is the only time I have to do some housework and go online.

Stephz,

Glad that your girl is better now. I'm surprise that you can get Abbott's products there. Korean don't really like imported products. They are strong supporters of their own national products.

So when are you coming back? Is it cold there right now?

Tracy,

They need to wind down before they can fall sleep, so need to toss and turn a while. So you are a SAHM? Any plans to go back to work?

Nana,

Wow your household seems to be action-packed the whole day with the kids staggering their naps and bedtimes! Not easy indeed!!

twws,

I'm a full time working mum. Always wanted to be a SAHM ever since Enya is born. But don't think I can take it staying at home all day. I love the off days occasionally though.

hi mummies

hv 2 big tins of Gain IQ to let go at $38 each.
free delivery if taking 2 tins, otherwise self collect at raffles pl or tampines

pls pte msg me if ur interested...cheers
happy.gif

Hi mummies

I m new to this website, have a gal (apr 2006) and a boy (Oct 2008).

Currently looking for a cc for my gal in the east (east coast area), any recommendations? she's with Pat's for 9 months now, but intending to change her.

Hello all,

Happy new year.

It's been a while since I last posted.

I need some advice.

My sis is getting married soon and we re wondering what is the usual rate that one gives to the 'new' brother in law during tea reception? She is my yonger sister.

And is it supposed to give an hongbao per couple or I and my husband gives our own hongbao separately?

Hi Evon,

What I did for my brother in law few years ago was to buy a pc of jewellery for the bride and another angbao for the groom. In this way both party get something from us.

Tracy - sorry, been too busy lately, now even dropping by shortly before I go for my Korean lesson. Btw, I saw pediasure here too, you are right imported goods are not a common sight here. Well, me won't be back in the near future (got the same sentiment as you about unpredictability of life as you mentioned in your blog), so decided to stay with hubby until he comes back to Singapore. Hee... your gal getting prettier, must have many "suitors" in class.

Hunnipot - my Amanda still naps in the afternoon, maybe cos' of the cold weather here to hibernate. haha...

Evon - For my case, I gave hongbao which I think is more practical. Hope my reply not too late.

Have a nice day to everyone today.

Hey Steph,

I think it is good that you are able to stay with your hubby. Or else he will be quite lonely there.

My girl is very vain now. Buy new clothes for her, she will say she wants to try. I guess she now understand the meaning of pretty. Your 2 girls also getting very pretty too. Eyes very big leh!

Hi Mummies,

I've 4 tins of Similac Gain IQ Kid (Step 4,900g) to let go @ S$23/tin. as I had bought the wrong milk formula for my son. If interested, pls PM me for details.

Regards,
Audrey

aiyo, me always the silent reader... join the apr 09 thread but silent reader too... my #2 is also apr one...

this #2 is totally different experience from my #1... this #2 urgggh.... really a trouble maker for me... ha!!!

my #1 is in the N1 @ agape kallang... so far so good... how about you all leh?

come on!!! into this thread to update your jr leh...

I still have only one child. Am not that as hardworking as I used to. Am also scared that my second child may be like Xuanting that fussy eater and weak as well.

She's now with Creative O the second year and is beginning to enjoy her class too. She could remember some of her friends and always told us what happened in school and addressed her classmates too.

It is really fun age to play now. She kept asking lots of why, how come and what happens - these types of questions. Good that at least she is asking.

What abt all other mummies?

hi koalarie,

my #1 doesnt really eat soild food leh... she still on milk most of the time. unless she's @ the CC. feedback from teachers that she can finish all the food given to her for lunch/ tea break leh....

creative O is @ creative je right? is your girl toilet trained?

hmmmm.... my gal doesnt tell me what happen in the CC although she always mention her classmates names. questions always bopped up too, but same qns lor... like if she watches tv, a mummmy is crying, she will ask "what happen" then "why is she cry" follow by "how come" think she's not satify of my reply. hard to explain lor...

Swim Class
Any Northeast mums interested in swim class for their tots? I'm attempting to form a class to be held at Seng Kang public pool. Actually only need 3 tots. If 2 tots, if one is absent then no fun for the remaining tot. Can PM me.

hello mummies, it's been a long time since i posted. I have been doing silent reading for this thread and mar 08 thread.

However, this time i need your help. My boy has been couging non-stop since CNY. Sounds like there is a lot of phylem. Have seen the chinese doc and PD, their medicine seems to work 1-2 days then problem come back again. Anybody got any idea how to get rid of phylem, thanks

Back