(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Stephz,
I am at Koufu almost everyday to buy food leh. KJ is better now. Tomorrow I will be sending him back to the CC again. Daddy just said that I am very cruel to send KJ back to CC on his birthday.

Hi Mummies,

Just got time to post today as I just came back
happy.gif

I enjoyed the birthday bash extremely and was so happy to see the kids enjoying themselves with the games and food.

Hope to see everyone again soon.

I had quite a numbers of photos with me. Will post when I got more time at hand. Now got to rush for my work after a 1 week's leave.
happy.gif

Cheers!

hello mummies, didn't have much time to read the postings and gosh! juz gave birth to my 2nd boy and on confinement so had to give the b-day bash a miss. Sigh! Hopefully, we'll have it next year then me can bring 2 kids along.

Hunnie, didn't noe you wanted to change maid. My maid 1st weekend with us already say want to return to agency. Luckily after agency consel her everything ok now. but she got phobia with taking care of infants. *haha* luckily my aunt and mum give crash course on cooking and household chores. *stress man* these days dunno where maid is an asset or liability......

hey daphne - when is the birthday of your #2? My #2 is on 28/3. Same name as your #1.

list for cake-making class.
1. mom_yam
2. twws
3. Draik
4. babe
5. motherhen (can only make it after mid may but pls go ahead w/o me if the class is b4 that)
6. Stephz (Sat only)

Ladies, do you want to set a date for the class? If in April, pls go ahead w/o me.

Which class do you all prefer?

Hi hi,

Me, me, me!!! Keen on the cake-making class! Please add me to the list. April or june or july is fine with me. Would prefer cupcake decoration to sponge cake baking. Have been wanting to sign up for a lesson at http://www.b-i-y.com/ but their cupcake classes always full.

1. mom_yam
2. twws
3. Draik
4. babe
5. motherhen (can only make it after mid may but pls go ahead w/o me if the class is b4 that)
6. Stephz (Sat only)
7. Cheers

mom_yam,
me too..keen!! pls dun 4get me!! kick u hard hard if u do!!

1. mom_yam
2. twws
3. Draik
4. babe
6. Stephz (Sat only)
7. Cheers
8.Rach

1. mom_yam
2. twws
3. Draik
4. babe
6. Stephz (Sat only)
7. Cheers
8.Rach
9. Petite_chose

cake making class,

do you all prefer learning cake making technique or decoration skills? as some of us may already be proficient in cake making and would like to learn to do decoration to make our cake look nicer.

Maybe we should list out the preference below. I will call BIY later as so far, this setting seems quite ideal for us to form a class of our own.

1. mom_yam
2. twws
3. Draik
4. babe
5. motherhen - cake deco(can only make it after mid may but pls go ahead w/o me if the class is b4 that)
6. Stephz (Sat only)
7. Cheers
8.Rach
9. Petite_chose

Mel,

I'm alright for both cake making + deco. however, if major goes for cake deco i dont mind at all.

Rach,

OUCH! Sob.. sob.... *YUAN WANG AHH*

Mel, I'm ok most of the time, not specially only Sat. I stated Sat then is referring to the workshop recommended by tww. hee.. me should have specified clearer.

1. mom_yam
2. twws
3. Draik
4. babe
5. motherhen - cake deco(can only make it after mid may but pls go ahead w/o me if the class is b4 that)
6. Stephz
7. Cheers
8.Rach
9. Petite_chose

daphne - getting a maid is "heng sway" one lah. My Korean language teacher today also complained to us about her maid. I can understand how she feels. Well, just have to make sure not to be overly dependent on the maid, so that even if have to send her back, won't be at a loss.

Draik - *wink*

Have been busy the past few days choosing a playgroup for A and I've finally found one and enrolled him. It's Creative Thinkers Learning Centre along Jln Jurong Kechil. We went for a trial class yesterday and today was his first actual day at the playgroup. He had no problem at all since it was a parent-accompanied class. But I'm already planning to leave him alone there and go run my errands once he is comfortable with not having me around.

Baking class
Since the list of interested mummies is so long, I don't think the sugar-inc-cake.com class is suitable cos class size is only 3. Anyway, she is fully booked for May and June. Only left July. I'm ok with either cake making or cake decorating. But if it's decorating with fondant, I'll give it a miss cos I find fondant unedible, and no point making.

Mel - B-I-Y only has Wilton cake decorating class.

Shermay's Cooking School (http://www.shermay.com/schedule_may2008.htm) has well-known instructors like Daniel Tay of Bakerzin and Joycelyn Shu but they are only demo classes and VERY PRICEY! I'll look around for something suitable and see if anyone else wants to join me.

Hi Twws,

I was looking at Wilton's class previously, but many of their classes are full. Or perhaps, can contact this lady? She sells cakes, and also conduct classes based on the Wilton Mtd. She's an instructor at the school too. If we can get her to conduct a class just for us, I am keen to join too.
happy.gif

.. oh, but she does use alot of fondant.

http://mengchoo.livejournal.com/

All, if you girls are keen in mengchoo classes she is my sis's frd. I can ask for her personally, let me know.

but take note she is a busy bee.. so is quite hard to "Book" her.

I want to join in too! Though busy with 2 kids now, I will try to arrange for this session.

1. mom_yam
2. twws
3. Draik
4. babe
6. Stephz
7. Cheers
8.Rach
9. Petite_chose
10. Tiffany

PS.. so qiao... I just saw Meng Choo and her family on sunday at Raffles City Market Plc cafe. Btw, I do read her blog on and off... very interesting!

Cake-making class - Yup, BIY only have cake deco class.

Since we are not in a hurry, let's try to find a school that can accomodate all mums....then will be fun mah.

Added myself on:
happy.gif

1. mom_yam
2. twws
3. Draik
4. babe
6. Stephz
7. Cheers
8.Rach
9. Petite_chose
10. Tiffany
11. Rxmom

cake-making class
This school can conduct a private class for us.
http://www.creativeculinaire.com/

I cited the example of baking a cheese cake or tiramisu and the quoted at S$60 per person incl ingredients.

If all of you are ok with it, then i ask for more details like when, where and what other options of cakes are avail for this price.

Hi, I might take this cake elementary course at Seng Kang CC starting 28 Apr, anyone interested?

http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&CRMSPortal_1_action=ACMParticipantMaintain&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&IdProdInst=11883629

motherhen - I'm more interested in cake-deco, esp after seeing some blogs that have beautiful icing designs on their cupcakes such as the Meng Choo's and this too.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/muffyvan/sets/72157600037526991/

motherhen,

TIRAMISU is my favourite..no preference of wat cake to bake, am keen on baking / cake deco.

it's been long time since i last bake ( b4 married)Would love to bake my gal her 1st b'day cake! Hopefully my skill will b polished by then..haha

I am intrested in everyting lei...

So far I only nod how to make cheese cakes, cream puffs, Tiramisu, Pannacotta, mousse.

If any1 wants the recipe, I hv.

I thought of learing cakes deco too. I felt that I am bad in this area.... Must practice and practice..

Now got more time to myself. Very happy.

I just cooked Chicken rice in overseas for my team mates. (That is the only dish I am good at)They took a photo of it. But they hv not send to me yet. Still waiting. Will post when I got it.

Stephz (stephz), I don't mind to join you but wat I am afraid is I can attend 1 class, the other class goes to a waste.

Phoon huat also hv cake decor class.

Check this out too:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgcupcake_momma/

mummies - Anyone with good CL to recommend? Aft much consideration, I have decided to let my current CL go. Pls PM if you have good recommendation.

Any mommies interested in this?

Sign-up now for the highly informative Singapore Women's Weekly's Parenting Masterclass, "Complete Ways to Raise a Well-balanced Child" and get expert advice on how to achieve peace of mind through positive parenting and complete nutrition.

Date: 19 April 2008
Time: 1.30 to 4.30pm
Venue: Meritus Mandarin Hotel
Hosted by: Ms Lisa Ang, former Channel NewsAsia Producer/Presenter

*Topics:
- Positive parenting – Managing the child who won't listen
Presented by : Dr Jennifer Kiing, Paediatrician, NUH
- Foods that bring out the best in your child
Presented by : Anna Jacob, Nutritionist / Dietician
- Getting the self-motivated child every parent wants
Presented by : Cheryl Chia, Paediatric Physiotherapist, Brain Revolution

Registration Fee: $20
(Each registered adult will receive an attractive PediaSure goodie bag worth more than $70.)

Visit http://www.abbott.com.sg/family to register now!

Hi hi, any of u got good preschool to recommend? Hunni, that time u went to LV@gentle lane, how was it? I thought I didn't hear very good comments, juz to confirm. Teacher or curriculum problem?

les_petite_chose - wow, that's very nice. Did you make them yourself? Looks yummy too.

motherhen - you can try searching from the forum discussion. If not, try CL agency.

Btw, mummies, do you know where I can make those name stickers. Used to see it at one of the stalls at Punggol Plaza, but now gone. Let me know if you see the stall at any of your shopping trip. Thanks.

babe,

It is teacher problem.. my girl got bittewn right in front of my eyes.. not once but twice and yet the teacher can challenged me by saying; "are you SURE she got bitten?" that really put me off straightaway..

Moreover, my girl vomitted on her clothes and they only changed her 45 mins after that..

stephz - there is one at United Square outside Mac. Those push cart store. There is another one at Civic Centre (Wlands) but not sure if you come to this area often.

RXmom - thanks, I prefer to get it local as I think it will be faster and also can see the design to choose from. However, bet I will still get the clear background one in the end. kekeke...

motherhen - thanks also. Will try these areas if around there. I wonder do they make for Chinese characters?

Hi Stephz,

They do make chinese characters and also in both English and Chinese characters too.

There is pushcart outside shoemaker shop at B1 of Juction 8. It is there most of the time and in fact it could be permanent there.

Hi, thanks mummies.

twinkle-starry - thanks,got mine done at Junction 8 yesterday. Fyi, the stall will move to the 4th floor, outside minitoons near the end of the month.

Hello mummies,
Sorry to interrupt. I have 2 boys of preschool age and want to send them to school. May I find out from you what are the important factors that you all consider when choosing a preschool? Ie. teacher-to-student ratio? Price? Curriculum?

Chihuahua,

try visiting the childcare centre several times. Sometimes if u re not comfortable with the school, your child may too not like it. My tots.

Hey momyam,

Are you around? Sent you an email on your leapfrog order, but you have not replied... you still want it?

Chihuahua,

For me, quality of teachers & curriculum are most important. Try to observe how the teachers speak and the way they handle kids.

Hi mummies,
me dropping by to say hello.

Mother's Day coming soon, guess it'll be a memorable one for us as compared to last year, now that our darlings are older.

Chihuahua,
Recommend that you pay a visit to the centre and talk to the caregiver, so that you will be able to assess the situation and environment better. The main thing is also to assess if your child is comfortable with the caregiver.

Stephz (stephz), yap i made them myself.. Soryr for the late reply.. Was VV busy. My parent were moving house. So got to go back and pack bothe houses. (They moving into my house for temp).

How is everybody???

Now in HKg. Weather is good here. For those planning to come here for hoilday, good time

Congrats Nana.
Wow o wow! You are the most productive Apr mommy. Every year give birth and twins again somemore! Twins run in your family genes aye?
happy.gif
Are you working or a SAHM?

Back