(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

<font size="+1">Classes for our babies??</font>

BTW, any of u ve signed bb up for classes?

I m intending to try the Growing Up Gifted (GUG) at united square.

Any comments?

Very difficult to arrange trial on weekdays since I m in the midst of quitting tix job n going on probabtion for the other job for 3 months n so b signing her up directly for term 3 for 8 weeks on Sat.

757564.jpg

Any of you got this for your child? Am thinking of getting this but am not sure if it is a good investment

Koalarie,

I signed up Keith for Shichida. started last sat. the class quite interesting
happy.gif

I was just telling hunniepot yesterday nia.

Hunnie,
I got a 2nd hand for keith, 1st few times, keith love it but after a few times, he always want to stand on the chair while I push him around so I stop using it le...

Karin,
so qiao...me stay in Punggol too...which block u staying?

1{Toddler's Bike}
Hunniepot,
me.. me got. My mil bought a red one for XT. But no cover one la.

Anyway my sil told me be careful when the bike turned (dunno left/right); may hit our bb's hand.

/1{Shichida Method}
ET, last Sat signed up already? He enjoyed?

I am thinking of letting XT to go GUG 1st to play and interact and see how she is getting along with others first.

How's Kieth handling the class?

It is held at Springleaf tower or at Toa Payoh one?

Koalarie,

no I went for the preview in Mar and managed to sign him up for the apr-jul term. I think the coming preview is for the next term.

If u can remember, the 1st time we went for the babies n cream trial class right...he dont like enclosed area with so many babies...keep crying...at the gymboree trial oso lidat...so I oso a bit scared that he will waste my $$ again. But Heng manz...he's quite happy...he is the 1st to reach there and sit on the chair and quite happy. during lesson can still talk (in bb language) to teacher like replying teacher, most activities can capture his attention but he very KPO, other babies cry he will turn and look. Sometimes the teacher will try to bring back their attention. the class is very small max is 6 babies and 4 of us are friends..so we know each other and Keith are quite familar with his friends liao...He's the eldest in the class
happy.gif
after each lesson, the parent will write some comments about the class and teacher will write what she observed about ur child. 1st comment is "Keith is a very curious boy" hahaha....

Keith's class is held at HDB hub.

If u have 4 friends who are oso interested, can form a class of ur preferred time and venue, they will see if there is a teacher available.

Tiffany,

no leh, he dont seem to be interested...I din flash liao...maybe the technique is wrong??...From what I saw the teacher in shichida did..very different loh...they flash real fast leh. The card they use is much smaller oso and some with pictures.

ET...

i noticed tat they like pic cards. when i flash GD cards.. he dun bother to look.

Yep... L is in SM since Jan. He enjoyed every sessions till now.

Amanda still seems pretty interested in the flash cards and she always want to snatch the cards from us.. and I try not to flash those with pics to her...

Tiffany,

what time is L class? at HDB hub too?

btw, so did u spend 20mins each day for Home practice? I've not attended the PEC yet so currently dont need to do home practice.
happy.gif

ET,

Got lar.. but I keeo forgetting to flash leh.. she will be esp interested in the words, eat, drink, dog, baby, apple as these are the words that she come across everyday.. from her signing times dvds to the apples that we eat..

Hunniepot,

Re: Toddler Tricycle
Reanne has one too. She enjoys riding on it whenen will try to manoeuvre the handles n press the 3 buttons in front for music. If you are keen to get one for Amanda, try to source around. Tink some places selling only $39.90 whereas others selling $49.90. Saw the one with canopy selling juz $42.90 at BB Hyperstore if I remember correctly.

hi ET, hunniepot,Tiffany
My Wan Qi doesnt like the dots cards. Dont even want to see now.
For the words one too. She only want to see the story flash cards. sign. waste my money. But whe she is at Baby Jumper she seems to be interested leh. I think mummy's voice is too boring lia.

hunniepot... yes yes have 1 in my house... PIL bought it for my BIL kids now pass down to my boy liao... he used it occassional.... ok lay think is a ok investment... + the kids can use up to 4-5 yrs...

keke thanks for adding my swiss roll orders... drooling liao..

CLASSES..
wow all of you very on with sending your kids to classes... ezra has yet to even attend one...

hunniepot,

i got that kind of tricycle for my girl! Around 2 weeks ago.. she love it, and she even stand on it haha.. but then hor, not very stable leh.. so i feel it is more worth it if u get it when she knows how to ride.

I gotten one from kiddy palace.. around $65, with no rain cover.

<font color="0000ff">Hunnie</font>, Send you my HP aridi. Did not recieve yr mail on yr act no. Can sms me? Tks.

I also thought of buying that Toddler Tricycle. But maybe not now. Cos he did tried in my MIL's house, he did not like it. But I find it useful, need not carry him all the way while go marketing etc...

<font color="0000ff">Rach & strawberry</font>, Tks for organinsing the Gymboree class. Sorry I'm late. Looks like Ryan and Gab did enjoy themselves very much.

Pai fu BB Gab. She can climb and use her legs to come dw 1st. Think I better start teaching Riz, I must not be lazy anymore.

Shichida Method

Is there a preview on this sat too? Checked out the website but the dates are in march. Maybe I'm too blur, missed out......

Koalarie and hunniepot,
If I can't make it, let me know your opinions after the preview and share with me the costs,course schedule. Toa Payoh more convenient for me, so if we are interested, maybe can form a class to attend.

I went for GUG trial class just about 2 weeks ago. My son was totally oblivious to the teacher talking and singing. He was walking around the room touching this and that the entire time. I could not even get him to sit down for a min. That's why a bit worried that this kind of class will waste money.

Strawberry,

Thanks for the info and advice regarding zoo trip. but nowadays weather not too good, keep raining in the afternoon. So will prob go in the morning but the highlight, elephant show is in the afternoon. Sigh! Hubby suggested maybe go Jurong bird park coz he likes to observe birds and there is quite a nice jap restaurant near there for us to have lunch (oops, alaways think about our own enjoyment first)

cheers

PETITE.
actually RACH organised it.. i just help pass message. well. i taught gab to climb down leg first when she was about 7-8mths. mayb my bed on the floor so easier to teach her. you should start teaching reyes so when he comes down from sofa you dont have to be so worried

CHEERS
no worries. i think if you go you should stay to watch the show cos one ticket not cheap leh... $30/person

babe,

Usually I will try to take pics of shawn with natural light around. I seriously hate the artificial light created by the camera flash :p. If not possible, I will turn on as many lights as possible when it's darker, and not use flash. And also pray that Shawn don't move too much when I am taking pics.
happy.gif
Otherwise, take video lor...

Kolarie, hunniepot, cheers,
I also signed Shawn up for Shicida class! But I signed up at the Springleaf brunch, though I will change it to Toa Payoh. My colleague who's daughter is there said TPY is nicer, bigger and also, there's things for the other parent to do when one parent is with the child in class. Not attending the class immediately though. He will be going only when he's around 1.5 years old, so the aug/ sep intake.
happy.gif

<font size="+1">shichida class</font>
hi cheers3344, thanks for e info on GUG.
xuanting has not started walking so I guess she wouldn't be like that? I spoke to Ann, e director & she told me classes're by different teachers too. So, that may be a factor too. Depend on baby n which teacher more fated too.;)
i'd let u noe on e preview. Hopefully it's not those product talks that i always've on my work type. And wish they're not pushy people like those insurance advisors.

hunniepot, sorry. I saw ur sms couple days ago. But was busy at work n 4get to revert. We talk about it later. Is that ur new phone number? I've accidentally deleted all my sms.:p
so, may need u 2 sms me ur contact number again.
happy.gif

<font size="+1">only 4 teeth n not walking n talking yet</font>
sometimes, i'm getting a bit worried that xuanting's a bit slower than any babies of her age. She has not started to walk and no matter how we make her or encourage her to, she chooses to crawl. She has started saying papa, but i doubt she noe what she's saying. N simply refused to say mama.
sad.gif

she still has only 4 teeth. 2 on top n 2 below. Quite slow for her age, isn't it?
Kept telling myself all babies're unique, yet no doubt i'd still worry n m concerned.

Re: shichida class
BTW, shichida is flashcards lessons huh? So technically speaking once a week class is sufficient for our bbs?
Su, ET, Tiffany, so far, you are doing the after class homework at home with your bbs?
The preview is tonight. I happened to noe it after calling them yesterday as well.

If seriously we could get at least 4 bbs together and held it at Toa Payoh, it would be glad. Hmmm.. just that tentatively, probably Sunday mornings/afternoons or Sat after 4pm would be a better time for us becoz of the OPC. =p

Re: Toddler Tricyle

I got this for Matthias when he was 9 months old at Kiddy Palace - S$39.90. Personally i like it cause i prefer to use this then pram when i bring him downstairs for bf or walks.

Matthias loves to press the 3 music buttons, turn the handles and will stand up during the walks, macham like he is on a chariot.

Evon,
My girl too...still not walking / talking (probably she is a lazy type). Every bb is differ, dont worried too much, as long as they active, can eat can sleep, just take it nature.
Regards teeth, she only have 2 bottom, and 2 top just came out.

Koalarie, dont worry about that isaac being the slightly older boy here.. yet he is not able to walk on his own and he still prefers to crawl rather than walk.

dont worry anything abt that.. they will kw how to do it when the time is right.

evon,
Don't worry. Jayden is older then XT but he's still crawling about and he doesn't talk either. Still very proud of his 'aahhh' and 'yayaya'
happy.gif

Evon,

Will sms you again
happy.gif
Need to bitch about that company.. thinking of writing in to case to complain about them...

Dont worry too much about XT's development.. Amanda is the oldest girl in this thread and she too has only 4 teeth.. and is still crawling and not walking yet..

Hi Ladies,

Enya is also not talking and walking yet. But she likes to stand at the coffee table and bring 1 leg up, like dancing ballet. Have to keep a look up on her as she has fell a few times liao.

<font color="0000ff">Hunniepot</font>, me kapo. War Company and what happen?

<font color="ff6000">BB milestones</font>

I guess all bbs hv different development. I was told that I did not start talking till abt 1.5yrs+. Now you see me, Talk alot, nag alot too.
biggrin.gif

Hav everybody whom attended the b'bash recieved yr CDs?

Oh yah, I have receive the CD, Thanks.

KJ has not start talking yet, but he is making lots of sounds or noises. He has not start walking too, but he love to hold your hands to walk. He was not very interested to crawl.

Evon,

Re BB developement and milestones
Me too. Quite worried about Reanne's speech. Baba n Hmmm are the only 2 sounds she made most often. Abit paranoid after reading up an article recently dat 5 out of 1000? babies in spore have hearing impaired. N the doc oso mentioned a child with this problem can make sounds too. Juz that they only can hear low-pitch sounds. So recommended to do the hearing test at birth.

Not to worry much about BB's walking. Reanne only started to walk 2-3 steps last week. Now 7-8 steps already. Whereas my niece already running at 1yo. So dun worry lor, once they started, they will get the hand of it very fast.

Aiyo, so fan ler. Reanne has been rejecting all her food except BM since last week. Has already ran out of ideas wat to give oso. So stressed at mealtimes. This morning I realised that she seem to get lighter. Try consoling myself it's due to teething.
sad.gif
Started giving her ENERVON-C KIDZ as supplement.

petite,

Long story.. sian.. it is a fitness company that has the worst reputation in singapore...

bblim

Not to worry, most prob it is due to teething.. Amanda has also been rejecting her food and only wants to latch on... can you imagine, my 3 SILs + my hubby (in total 4 persons) took a total of 3.5 hours just to feed Amanda dinner last saturday

Hunniepot,
Wow, really ar. If for me, faint liao. Doubt I have such patience. Will clear away the food once my gal shows signs of rejection. Cannot stand the messy-ness. Haha.

bblim,

Actually Amanda is not so bad liao... my friend's boss's daughter, Jan 06 baby.. by the time they finish feeding her 1 meal... they will be left with just enough time to cook the next meal

Back