(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

hunniepot, wow u very fast lei.. now yr bb is less than 6mths and u start giving her custard..and biscuits.

I'm very gian to buy the biscuits but dare not hahahaha coz' he still have 1 more week to 6mths :p

now i cannot decide to stick to frisocream or similac... hiaz i have both follow on tins how har???

any mummies giving bb drink similac good???

smurfy,

I store the HT cereal in tupperware, easier to keep and find it better as it is seal proof, as compared to keeping it inside the box... initially i also made it very watery, but am feeding about 3.5 scoops with about 30ml of EBM (seems like EBM is more watery), think trial and error bah..

mom_yam

Hehe.. my girl is turning 6M in 9 days time liao.. moreover shes teething liao.. need to let her bite something... so I guess it should be ok...attended a talk on baby nutrition on sat, organised by NUH, they say weaning starts from 4 to 6M, best to slowly intro solids around this time so as to ensure that they have adequate nutrition from 6M onwards, in case they resist solids at 6M.. then they might not have adequate nutrition... the child dietician also mentioned that we shld not give too much fruit juice.. as it might cause baby to take in less milk.. and moreover the nutrition value of fruit juice is not much... she also mentioned that the rough guide of milk intake during this period is about 720ml of milk a day

Hi, cheona

Can update for meJ

6.53kg at 5mths

Total Milk Formula

Thank you very much

Hi, mums

Have been really busy with my work and really no time to log in the forum. In fact, I have feeding problems since the 4months. Initially, was drinking 7 feeds a day, and suddenly dropped to 4 feeds a day within a day. At that time, I was so helpless & worried. Cried and cried. What happen? Now that, he is 5mths liao, seems it is his pattern, about 5 feeds/ day he is drinking now, and the PD reassured me is ok. Also worried about his weight, but gradually have to accept it. So, mums out there, no worries on the feeding problems, they can be drastic in terms of the feeding patterns.

smurfy,
don't you find that it's very diff. to feed when so watery? Keep spilling out, dunno whether it's the cereal or the saliva. I don't add so much fluid into her cereal. I used to mix with fresh BM but find that it doesn't dissolve that well, so now I changed to mix with warm water and skipped the BM.

Me prepare her cereal also agar agar one.....

2morrow onwards b taking leave n taking care of Xuanting n so may not b online often. =(

Xuanting b taking her last modified 5-in-1 jab + HepB + Rotavirus vaccine 2morrow. Hopefully she won't ve fever. 've asked my mom to give her some barley water today so that keep her body cool.

The last two 5-in-1 jabs, she got fevers.

Pray and wish that Xuanting won't b too cranky after the injection. Mommy really needs the rest.

Chenoa,
no ley, my boy like the cereal so he wont spit out. But when he is full, he will let the cereal flow out, then we'll stop feeding him.

Mom_yam,
PM you.

Koalarie, what my pd teach is after the jab..come home let the bb have a doze of the infant pandol. and i also made some barley for him, so Isaac did not have fever during the finale jab (6-in-1).

Hi there,

Just wondering if there's any TBF moms out there whose baby doesn't/ didn't used to take the bottle? May I know what did you do to finally get your baby to accept it? Shawn has rejected the bottle since a long time ago and he would even missed a meal and cry to sleep than to take the bottle from the dad. *shake head*

Am trying to intro formula in his cereal for his first solid feed, hoping that he would get to like the taste of the formula and eventually accept it in a bottle (I hope!)/, or cup. Also anyone of you go straight to cup (not sippy) when feeding your baby milk/ water?

hi su,

quite a few of us here have been thru this stage. does Shawn reject yr breast too or just the bottle?

these are some of my observations:
if he reject breast as well, he may be discomfort from teething. you just have to rough it out for a while. at the meantime, use a teething gel to ease the discomfort.

if he reject bottle only, you can consider changing to teat with larger hole.

he may be ready to start solid so have fun! but i wouldn't advice intro formula since he is TBF. why not use EBM instead?

I tried to give Jordan the cup (not sippy) once when he rejects the bottle & breast due to teething discomfort. it works better if he has already learnt to swallow technique learnt from eating solid otherwise it will spill all over.

<font size="+1">Our Precious, Our Home</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Wt(kg)</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="0000ff">Mommy</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">DOB</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Age</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">birth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">1mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">2mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">3mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">4mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">5mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">6mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">bb milk</font> </TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">mom_is_a_</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD>Nixon</TD><TD>23-Feb</TD><TD>6m 21d</TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD>8.00</TD><TD>8.80</TD><TD>Promil Gold</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>ET</TD><TD>Keith</TD><TD>2-Mar</TD><TD>6m 11d</TD><TD>2.60</TD><TD>3.60</TD><TD>4.80</TD><TD>5.70</TD><TD>6.40</TD><TD>6.90</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunniepot</TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD>21-Mar</TD><TD>5m 23d</TD><TD>3.10</TD><TD>4.18</TD><TD>~5.3</TD><TD>6.80</TD><TD>7.30</TD><TD>7.85</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom_yam</TD><TD>Isaac</TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD>5m 21d</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>7.80</TD><TD>8.60</TD><TD></TD><TD>Friso Gold</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Uniqueone</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>5m 17d</TD><TD>2.40</TD><TD></TD><TD>4.50</TD><TD>5.60</TD><TD>6.20</TD><TD>6.90</TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBtree</TD><TD>Ruth</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>5m 14d</TD><TD>2.69</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lemontree</TD><TD>Gladys</TD><TD>31-Mar</TD><TD>5m 13d</TD><TD>3.40</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Su</TD><TD>Shawn</TD><TD>1-Apr</TD><TD>5m 12d</TD><TD>3.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>7.70</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rach</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>5m 11d</TD><TD>2.76</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>6.16</TD><TD>6.66</TD><TD>7.16</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Des</TD><TD>Owen</TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>5m 11d</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD>4.00</TD><TD></TD><TD>6.00</TD><TD>6.15</TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD></TD><TD>S26 Gold</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mel_lim</TD><TD>Jordon</TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>5m 11d</TD><TD>3.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD>7.30</TD><TD>7.72</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tracy</TD><TD>Enya</TD><TD>3-Apr</TD><TD>5m 10d</TD><TD>2.39</TD><TD>3.38</TD><TD></TD><TD>4.88</TD><TD>5.73</TD><TD>6.60</TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Similac</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kim Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Apr</TD><TD>5m 10d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD>Yu En</TD><TD>4-Apr</TD><TD>5m 09d</TD><TD>2.30</TD><TD>3.90</TD><TD>5.50</TD><TD>6.20</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smurfy</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Apr</TD><TD>5m 08d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>6.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kyla</TD><TD>Keona</TD><TD>6-Apr</TD><TD>5m 07d</TD><TD>3.00</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>5.96</TD><TD>6.64</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ray</TD><TD>Nicholas</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>2.88</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>7.73</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babe</TD><TD>Keziah</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD>4.00</TD><TD></TD><TD>5.42</TD><TD>6.30</TD><TD>6.95</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Draik</TD><TD>Kang Jung</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>2.90</TD><TD>4.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>6.50</TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD>7.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jo</TD><TD>Yu Han</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>2.98</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiffany Seah</TD><TD>Lucas</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>2.43</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>5.93</TD><TD>6.63</TD><TD>7.19</TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Similac</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leereiner</TD><TD>Ying Ham</TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>5m 05d</TD><TD>2.35</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD>Jaslynn</TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>5m 05d</TD><TD>3.14</TD><TD>4.20</TD><TD>5.17</TD><TD>6.03</TD><TD>6.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Firso</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>miu66</TD><TD>Kaitlyn</TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>5m 05d</TD><TD>3.07</TD><TD>4.60</TD><TD>6.30</TD><TD>7.50</TD><TD>8.60</TD><TD>9.30</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene06</TD><TD>Sherlene</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>3.03</TD><TD>4.15</TD><TD></TD><TD>5.77</TD><TD>6.55</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / D.Mamex Gold</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Koalarie</TD><TD>Xuan Ting</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>3.66</TD><TD>5.10</TD><TD>5.70</TD><TD>6.00</TD><TD>6.70</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jade</TD><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>2.79</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD>Ivec</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>2.47</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>5.38</TD><TD>5.60</TD><TD>6.1(4.5mos)</TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Enfalac</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>3.43</TD><TD>4.70</TD><TD></TD><TD>6.70</TD><TD>7.15</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemum</TD><TD>Jing Jie</TD><TD>12-Apr</TD><TD>5m 01d</TD><TD>2.90</TD><TD>4.20</TD><TD></TD><TD>4.60</TD><TD>5.40</TD><TD>6.90</TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Enfalac</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>Hanson</TD><TD>12-Apr</TD><TD>5m 01d</TD><TD>3.39</TD><TD>5.04</TD><TD>6.75</TD><TD>7.44</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>Matthias</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>3.92</TD><TD>5.60</TD><TD>6.80</TD><TD>9.10</TD><TD>10.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Friso</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheers</TD><TD>Dylan</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>3.13</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblim</TD><TD>Reanne</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>2.60</TD><TD>4.20</TD><TD>5.50</TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD>7.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pebbles</TD><TD>Chanz</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>1.63</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolie</TD><TD>Josh</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>3.66</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>5.80</TD><TD>6.53</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Formula</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>AmyAng</TD><TD>Brendon</TD><TD>14-Apr</TD><TD>4m 30d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD>7.70</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tootsierool</TD><TD>Joseph</TD><TD>14-Apr</TD><TD>4m 30d</TD><TD>3.93</TD><TD></TD><TD>6.61</TD><TD>7.55</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazmaine</TD><TD>Elgin</TD><TD>18-Apr</TD><TD>4m 26d</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD>~5</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fussiecat</TD><TD>Leo-Aiden</TD><TD>19-Apr</TD><TD>4m 25d</TD><TD>3.94</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>8.86</TD><TD>9.50</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chenoa</TD><TD>Yann Yen</TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>4m 23d</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD>~ 4</TD><TD>5.50</TD><TD>6.50</TD><TD>6.95</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>Shervil</TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>4m 23d</TD><TD>2.99</TD><TD>4.20</TD><TD>5.40</TD><TD>6.40</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>NAN 1 HA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kk</TD><TD>Yu Jun</TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>4m 23d</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD>4.40</TD><TD></TD><TD>6.60</TD><TD>7.15</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Wyeth</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sponge</TD><TD>Ariel</TD><TD>22-Apr</TD><TD>4m 22d</TD><TD>2.63</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>5.70</TD><TD>6.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinkle-starry</TD><TD>Kevan</TD><TD>26-Apr</TD><TD>4m 18d</TD><TD>3.55</TD><TD>4.60</TD><TD>5.76</TD><TD>7.60</TD><TD>8.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD>KS</TD><TD>30-Apr</TD><TD>4m 14d</TD><TD>3.03</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>6.30</TD><TD>7.20</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyFatLady</TD><TD>Theodore</TD><TD>1-May</TD><TD>4m 12d</TD><TD>3.26</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>6.70</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Enfalac HA</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowy</TD><TD>Tiffany Fam</TD><TD>4-May</TD><TD>4m 09d</TD><TD>3.06</TD><TD>4.50</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sggal</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yukie</TD><TD>Ashley</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.46</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Can i ask if its advisable to start my boy on solid at 5mth 1wk?? He has being rejecting his milk for past 2 days liao and is also drinking lesser and lesser. PD on re-service so cannot get to ask him... can mummy here advise?? Thinking to start him rice cereal this weekend.

How do i actually go about huh? Feed how many time milk and how many time cereal? 1 tsp per feed right? If he dun want than can i still give him milk? Feel so excited to start him with cereal.

1sttimemum,

Think your boy is ready to be weaned liao... I also gave my girl cereal when she started drinking lesser milk, just 1 tsp 1st, add in a little bit of milk, but make sure it is not too watery.. the main diet is still milk, so id he doesnt want.. can give milk
happy.gif

Cheona,
can u update Xuanting for me.. =p

Xuanting 5th month - 7.5kg

LAst week brought her was only 7.3kg... my PD was asking saying if she still eating k since within a week she gained 200g. =p

1sttimemum,
remember there was a link that i sent? IT stated tat so long bb can sit up right herself/himself, we can start solids.

But for a start, someone told me to boil porridge but fed only the water extracted to bb first.

Currently Xuanting is taking milk mixed with brown rice cereals - 5 times a day. Frisocream is given during the lunch and dinner time.

Smurfy,
pao sheng??? My mom got give bb a bit of pao sheng mixed in the brown rice cereals few days ago n also barley too.

Mom_yam,
given her the paracetomol already. Her body temp. now @ 36.4. Will continue to monitor every hour.. now sleeping for more than an hour + already.

<font color="ff6000">1sttimemum</font>

hahahah, i think most of us here can identify with your excitement as we're all going thru it or have been thru it!!
happy.gif

if you think your boy is ready, you can try feeding him 1tsp at lunchtime and see how he reacts to it. most of the advice i've gotten from the PD and books i've read say that you should do it <u>before</u> or <u>in between</u> a normal milk feed. it's important not to force the cereal if he doesn't seem keen.

for me, i started with 1tsp of rice cereal mixed with BM and water, basically the 1st time, i mixed it till it was quite watery. i fed it to her in between her lunchtime feed, she was very keen on it and finished all! so i continued the same thing for 1 wk and now i've increased it to 1.5tsp per day and the texture is more gooey. i think someone else (chenoa?? or hunniepot? can't remember...) highlighted correctly that at this stage, the purpose of introducing solids is to let bb try out diff textures, not really to replace the normal milk feedings yet. so take it easy and have fun!!
happy.gif

To Mummies who is interested to KL trip with bbs.. I've found this through the union website.. there is 2 bedroom in one apartment. please see the following. Or you gals interested to stay in individual hotels?

KUALA LUMPUR
=============
SuCasa Apartment
www.sucasa.com.my

1. 01 BedRoom Apartment @ S$85 prpn x 02 b/fast
Published Rates : RM280 nett
Union Members' Saving : 35% Discount
2. 02 BedRoom Apartment @ S$135 prpn x 04 b/fast
Published Rates : RM400 nett
Union Members' Saving : 30% Discount
Valid till 31 March 2006
Surcharge S$23 prpn : 31 Oct - 06 Nov, 21 - 31 Dec

How to go up.. depends how many mummies &amp; daddies are gog..... maybe we can engage a coach of our own to go up instead of taking the "public" coach.

Mel, the last round you took plane to KL, how much did u pay?

hi mummies,

1. after reading of intro soilds to our baby... me ve make HT cereal as a meal for my girl... with 6 scoopes and 1-1/2 scoopes of milk powder (using the scoope of the milk powder one), she can finish it... is me too early to do that?

2. my girl drinks abt 160ml milk only. she takes in 4 times of milk per day. usu her last drink is at 7pm (then sleeps abt 8pm) which can last her till next 6am... (she wakes up sometimes for milk @ nite only) how to increase her intake? after running thru the chart, hmmmm.. your babies are heavier than mine... 5th mth - 6kg only...

3. is there any "transition" way to change the teat from 0-6mths to 6-12mth? my girl is using NUK.

thanks for your advise for the above...

evon,
u are giving XT 5times cereal with milk in a day &amp; Frisocream for lunch and dinner.... how long is the feeding interval? ie... she no longer takes just pure FM?

Koalarie,
My bb still cannot sit up right himself, that's why dunno if can still start solid anot.

Hunniepot,
I saw your mum feeding you gal cereal the last time i went over and remember that her face and nose is all cereal. Still remember she loves it so much.

miu66,
Thanks for your advise. Will tried out on this weekend and is okay, than will teach my mum what to do coz over the weekday, she is the one looking after bb. Hopefully my boy can take cereal well.

1sttimemum

Yeah lor.. that time you saw.. she just started on cereals only.. only gave her 1 scoop of cereal (similac milk powder scoop) and now shes taking 3.5 scoops liao and she still finishes everything

Tiffany,
she still takes FM. But doesn't really like it somehow. The brown rice cereal doesnt ve taste one but only nice smell. I've tried b4.

1sttimemum... u got the bumboseat? Can try putting him on the seat n feed him slowly... n c how ur bb take it?

My mom tried feeding XT with porridge /w nu fish... but after 2 mouths, she simply refuse to eat.

mom_yam.. think it is call thread fish.. i let nix have salmon, cod fish and thread fish.. and hubby said his hair has fishy smell.. gonna attract cat liao.. wahaha

Ya... nu fish is threadfin fish. Normally not cheap for the fillet one.

Jumbo, bb can take cod and salmon? I tot at later stage.

Mom_Yam, what is marmite?

Leereiner,
to ur questions
1. after reading of intro soilds to our baby... me ve make HT cereal as a meal for my girl... with 6 scoopes and 1-1/2 scoopes of milk powder (using the scoope of the milk powder one), she can finish it... is me too early to do that?
<font color="0000ff">O... I dun excatly understand this part.</font>

2. my girl drinks abt 160ml milk only. she takes in 4 times of milk per day. usu her last drink is at 7pm (then sleeps abt 8pm) which can last her till next 6am... (she wakes up sometimes for milk @ nite only) how to increase her intake? after running thru the chart, hmmmm.. your babies are heavier than mine... 5th mth - 6kg only...
<font color="0000ff">Wow.. I love ur bb. She can sleep thru for so long... I am amazed.. if only, Xuanting can b like tat.
If u want to increase the intake, try to increase to ard 5ml first... assuming bb finishes, is good.. if not, think ur bb takes only that amt is good already. My gal now only takes ard 110ml~130ml dropped from 150ml.</font>

3. is there any "transition" way to change the teat from 0-6mths to 6-12mth? my girl is using NUK.
<font color="0000ff">Xuanting is a very impatient bb... I noticed the prob with the teat when she suckled very hard initially and then slowed down tremendously when she was ard 2~3months. Then I changed to 6-12months M teat and the prob was solved.
Then when I started her with cereals mixed into milk, she wanted her drinks to be fast and so got to change to L size teats.
U can try to upgrade to 6-12 months teat first.. get one or two to try. then slowly see if it improves ur bb drinking time... normally bb b more happier after upgrade.= p</font>

<font color="119911">Heaviest Baby: Daphne's Matthias: </font>10.6kg @4mos
<font color="119911">Lightest Baby: 1sttimemum's JingJie: </font>5.4kg @4mos
(maybe Leereiner's YingHam is even lighter)

The maths is like this: <font color="ff0000">Matthias = 2 JJ</font>
kao_dizzy.gif

<font size="+1">Our Precious, Our Home</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Wt(kg)</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="0000ff">Mommy</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Baby</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">DOB</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Age</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">birth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">3mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">4mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">5mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">6mth</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">bb milk</font> </TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">mom_is_a_</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD>Nixon</TD><TD>23-Feb</TD><TD>6m 21d</TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD></TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD>8.00</TD><TD>8.80</TD><TD>Promil Gold</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>ET</TD><TD>Keith</TD><TD>2-Mar</TD><TD>6m 11d</TD><TD>2.60</TD><TD>5.70</TD><TD>6.40</TD><TD>6.90</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunniepot</TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD>21-Mar</TD><TD>5m 23d</TD><TD>3.10</TD><TD>6.80</TD><TD>7.30</TD><TD>7.85</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom_yam</TD><TD>Isaac</TD><TD>23-Mar</TD><TD>5m 21d</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>7.80</TD><TD>8.60</TD><TD></TD><TD>Friso Gold</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Uniqueone</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>5m 17d</TD><TD>2.40</TD><TD>5.60</TD><TD>6.20</TD><TD>6.90</TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBtree</TD><TD>Ruth</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>5m 14d</TD><TD>2.69</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lemontree</TD><TD>Gladys</TD><TD>31-Mar</TD><TD>5m 13d</TD><TD>3.40</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Su</TD><TD>Shawn</TD><TD>1-Apr</TD><TD>5m 12d</TD><TD>3.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>7.70</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rach</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>5m 11d</TD><TD>2.76</TD><TD>6.16</TD><TD>6.66</TD><TD>7.16</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Des</TD><TD>Owen</TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>5m 11d</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD>6.00</TD><TD>6.15</TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD></TD><TD>S26 Gold</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mel_lim</TD><TD>Jordon</TD><TD>2-Apr</TD><TD>5m 11d</TD><TD>3.60</TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD>7.30</TD><TD>7.72</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tracy</TD><TD>Enya</TD><TD>3-Apr</TD><TD>5m 10d</TD><TD>2.39</TD><TD>4.88</TD><TD>5.73</TD><TD>6.60</TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Similac</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kim Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Apr</TD><TD>5m 10d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD>Yu En</TD><TD>4-Apr</TD><TD>5m 09d</TD><TD>2.30</TD><TD>6.20</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smurfy</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Apr</TD><TD>5m 08d</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>6.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kyla</TD><TD>Keona</TD><TD>6-Apr</TD><TD>5m 07d</TD><TD>3.00</TD><TD>5.96</TD><TD>6.64</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ray</TD><TD>Nicholas</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>2.88</TD><TD></TD><TD>7.73</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babe</TD><TD>Keziah</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>3.24</TD><TD>5.42</TD><TD>6.30</TD><TD>6.95</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Draik</TD><TD>Kang Jung</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>2.90</TD><TD>6.50</TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD>7.80</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jo</TD><TD>Yu Han</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>2.98</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiffany Seah</TD><TD>Lucas</TD><TD>7-Apr</TD><TD>5m 06d</TD><TD>2.43</TD><TD>5.93</TD><TD>6.63</TD><TD>7.19</TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Similac</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leereiner</TD><TD>Ying Ham</TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>5m 05d</TD><TD>2.35</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>6.00</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD>Jaslynn</TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>5m 05d</TD><TD>3.14</TD><TD>6.03</TD><TD>6.80</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Firso</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>miu66</TD><TD>Kaitlyn</TD><TD>8-Apr</TD><TD>5m 05d</TD><TD>3.07</TD><TD>7.50</TD><TD>8.60</TD><TD>9.30</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene06</TD><TD>Sherlene</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>3.03</TD><TD>5.77</TD><TD>6.55</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / D.Mamex Gold</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Koalarie</TD><TD>Xuan Ting</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>3.66</TD><TD>6.00</TD><TD>6.70</TD><TD>7.50</TD><TD></TD><TD>Similac</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jade</TD><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>2.79</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD>Ivec</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>2.47</TD><TD>5.38</TD><TD>5.60</TD><TD>6.1(4.5mos)</TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Enfalac</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD>5m 02d</TD><TD>3.43</TD><TD>6.70</TD><TD>7.15</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemum</TD><TD>Jing Jie</TD><TD>12-Apr</TD><TD>5m 01d</TD><TD>2.90</TD><TD>4.60</TD><TD>5.40</TD><TD>6.90</TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Enfalac</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elle</TD><TD>Hanson</TD><TD>12-Apr</TD><TD>5m 01d</TD><TD>3.39</TD><TD>7.44</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>Matthias</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>3.92</TD><TD>9.10</TD><TD>10.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Friso</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheers</TD><TD>Dylan</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>3.13</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblim</TD><TD>Reanne</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>2.60</TD><TD>7.00</TD><TD>7.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pebbles</TD><TD>Chanz</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>1.63</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolie</TD><TD>Josh</TD><TD>13-Apr</TD><TD>5m 00d</TD><TD>3.66</TD><TD>5.80</TD><TD>6.53</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Formula</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>AmyAng</TD><TD>Brendon</TD><TD>14-Apr</TD><TD>4m 30d</TD><TD></TD><TD>7.70</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tootsierool</TD><TD>Joseph</TD><TD>14-Apr</TD><TD>4m 30d</TD><TD>3.93</TD><TD>7.55</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazmaine</TD><TD>Elgin</TD><TD>18-Apr</TD><TD>4m 26d</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fussiecat</TD><TD>Leo-Aiden</TD><TD>19-Apr</TD><TD>4m 25d</TD><TD>3.94</TD><TD>8.86</TD><TD>9.50</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chenoa</TD><TD>Yann Yen</TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>4m 23d</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD>6.50</TD><TD>6.95</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winnie</TD><TD>Shervil</TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>4m 23d</TD><TD>2.99</TD><TD>6.40</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>NAN 1 HA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kk</TD><TD>Yu Jun</TD><TD>21-Apr</TD><TD>4m 23d</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD>6.60</TD><TD>7.15</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Wyeth</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sponge</TD><TD>Ariel</TD><TD>22-Apr</TD><TD>4m 22d</TD><TD>2.63</TD><TD>5.70</TD><TD>6.90</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinkle-starry</TD><TD>Kevan</TD><TD>26-Apr</TD><TD>4m 18d</TD><TD>3.55</TD><TD>7.60</TD><TD>8.60</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD>KS</TD><TD>30-Apr</TD><TD>4m 14d</TD><TD>3.03</TD><TD>6.30</TD><TD>7.20</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Enfalac A+</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyFatLady</TD><TD>Theodore</TD><TD>1-May</TD><TD>4m 12d</TD><TD>3.26</TD><TD></TD><TD>6.70</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>BM / Enfalac HA</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowy</TD><TD>Tiffany Fam</TD><TD>4-May</TD><TD>4m 09d</TD><TD>3.06</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sggal</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yukie</TD><TD>Ashley</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>3.46</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Leereiner,
welcome back!

to ur questions
<font color="aa00aa">1.</font>
<font color="0000ff">at this stage, the purpose of introducing solids is to let bb try out diff textures, not really to replace the normal milk feedings yet</font> that's my words...miu
happy.gif
But having said that, if YH consumes it happily and no adverse reaction then it's ok ba....every baby is different. However, I still believe that cereal should not take pirority over milk feed now. So, it's important that she takes in sufficient milk 'cos that's her main source of nutrition, not from the cereal. For this reason, PDs tend to encourage introducing cereal later (say after 6 months) for small/light babies, as compared to a bigger and heavier baby.

<font color="aa00aa">2. &amp; 3.</font>
cannot answer cos I dunno how much my gal drinks. I latch on all the time.

1sttimemum,
most of our babies still need support to sit upright. If you have Dumbo, can let him sit inside. At home, I let YY sit in her rocker chair to feed. If I'm at my grandma's place, I let her sit on the sofa with cushions/pillow to position her. Can/cannot sit upright is not an indication whether baby is ready to take cereal or not.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

I see that most of your bb started on solid already. I shall wait for another few weeks then I start Enya on solid. Chenoa, I guess you are right. My girl is on the small size that's why pd dun want to start solid so soon.

Looking at the table, my Enya is finally not the smallest bb here. Hooray!!!

hahaha.... now than realize my bb is the smallest and i am the biggest mama here. I might not start JJ on solid and observe how's his milk intake. Ya, i have a bumbo seat at home but he will not be upright coz he very small size.

Hi Mel_lim,,

Thanks for your advice. Shawn don't reject my breast, just the bottle. In fact I think he's a breast man, since he still wakes up 3-4 times at night to nurse! *rolled eyes*

I am intending to continue to breastfeed him until he's 1 years old, but to give him EBM on occasions when I need to be away, as well as formula. One of my friends whose baby is one year old refused to take formula (whether in bottle or cup) and she advised me to give it to them as early as possible or else they wun want formula in the future (they need to continue to take toddler formula after 1).

Hi Su, yes you should start formula soon especially when he rejects bottle. You can try to give that in a sippy or cup but start off with mixing bm and fm in increasing proportion so as to get him to get used to the taste. Think my gal is a greedy gal and simply took on fm. So far have been on similac and she is happy with it.

My gal seems to try to move when put on her tummy..use legs to kick and head to try to move with her head and she can even turn 360 degrees on her tummy. Is this normal?

For puree, is it to steam the item and then blend it? How much water is needed? What kind of green vegetables should we start baby on as I notice most of u start with root or peas

Evon - ya is like wat uniqueone says... wat i give isaac is so min for adult is still tasteless.. for him is tasty coz' it get rids the fishy smell. Here's a pic of it... and the marmite has folic acid so is good for bb i suppose so.

514617.gif

Thanks Bebe!

The point on mixing bm and fm and increasing the latter gradually sounds good! But I think one of my friends ever mentioned to me not to mix them...can feed separately but cannot mix... i dunno why... afterall, they are all mixed up in the tummy right?

Shawn also do what your gal does... push with his feet while on lying on his front, hunch up his back and try to push forward with his head! I'm am abit concern that he might sprain his neck! But I think it should be fine.. it's developmental.. probably the beginning stages of learning to crawl... ?

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif

Copy of feeding_plan-503465.xls (23.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Puree
======

Babe, cant remember where i get this article from.. hope this maybe a little bit help to you.

But it didnt really says how much water to be add. What i always argar argar.. :p

wa. seeing yr babies sleeping so much i'm so envious. babygal gives me so much headache every single day. she refuses to sleep. every day is a BIG HUGE battle to get her to take her naps and to get her to sleep every night. we've tried everything from rocking to patting to feeding to letting her cry. EVERYTHING. from being nice to being fierce. makes me want to give up. nite time used to sleep 9 hours. nowadays wakes up twice a nite. day time sometimes sleeps 45 mins, sometimse only 5 mins. (after rocking/patting 30 mins). tried giving fixed nap time. tried watching for sleepy signs. tried the 2 hour after waking rule... everything!!!! and if she don't sleep can play happily i don't mind. but she don't sleep, then get grouchy and cry cry cry cry cry all day.

even feeding is so difficult. she totally does not drink from bottle. even latch direct also doesn't always drink properly. sometimes just keep coming on and off. or worse, clamp on to nipple and twist her head here and there, make me nipple pain.

play also cannot play herself for more than 20 mins.

sorry to rant and rave. i'm so tired and sleep deprived and angry and depressed. making me and hb both quarrel so much nowadays. people all say "enjoy" the baby. but i find very little to enjoy. i've always been a very positive person, but now i only see all the horrible things she's doing.

Hi sggal,

You are a SAHM too right? Is there anyone else who can help you look after your girl and you can have some time off to yourself? Im lucky that my mum comes over to my place everyday.. so she helps me look after my girl while I do my own stuffs.. otherwise I am sure I might feel the same way as you do, even though my girl has been quite kwai.. but looking after baby on your own for the entire day for 1st time mums like us, can be quite daunting

sggal
so sorry to hear abt ur bb woes. yes, everyone focuses on the bb, but we must also take care of ourselves. Yes, do take the opportunity to vent, it's impt not to keep everything to yourself.

perhaps your gal is colicky? can try adding infacol or other colic drops to her milk to help her get rid of wind so that she's less cranky.

are you FTWM or SAHM? maybe give yourself a few days off. ask if your mom or mil whether they can help look after bb while you recharge yourself.

hang in there, i'm sure all the mommies here are supporting you also.

hi hi,

thanks to koalarie &amp; chenoa for all the replies given to me... noted...

yup, my girl shld be the smallest in the chart... after seeing those pics posted in the past, me envy you all of having chubby baby... always console myself - hubby and me are of small built so does our baby... hee!!!

btw, my gril is on friso and me FTWM... and staying with in-laws.

hi sggal,

is your gal feel discomfort? like tummy has air? my girl will be cranky when her tummy is uncomfort, apply ru yi oil.. then she's okie... sorry cant help much...

thanks for yr support gals

she is 4.5 months old. i'm sahm, no one to help. my MIL lives in msia. babygal doesn't like my mother. everytime she comes, she cries non stop the minute she steps in till she leaves. my sis comes once a week on her off day. hb tries to come home during lunch time and tries to look after her during weekends.

don't know if it's wind. we've tried colic drops. also hv ru yi oil. ru yi oil makes her fart, but fart only cry cry cry.

she wastes so much enegry / calories crying. and dun eat enough. tho she's not the lightest baby here, she's the least weight gain. i must be the mummy with the most weight loss. i've lost 23kg from my final pre-delivery weight.

sggal,
Jayden was like that when he was colicky. I tried all kinds of anti-wind drops also no use. In the end, brought him to see pd at Gleneagles and the pd recommended me to change milk powder. Jayden was on FM, Enfalac A+ and the pd says to change to Enfalac HA as it's easier to digest. Maybe you shld bring your gal to see pd, let pd knows that you have tried all methods and she's still like that.

Hang on there and don't be despaired. Things will definitely be better. Take care.

sggal,
wow! you must be so slim now! (happy to hear this right? I'm trying to brighten your day lah! :p) I'm still 5kg away from my pre-preg. And I only put on 12kg nia leh.....

sggal,
sad to hear about ur bb problem... but as a mother...u must hang on there....we all will support u through out....take care..

good thing is u really loss alot of weight...me admire u...

sggal,

ya i fully understand how u feel. Isaac was a very tough bb for me from birth till he was abt 4th plus. Now he is abt 5th mth plus to 6 he is so much better than before. Except at times, he is tired but cant slp or tummy ache coz' he wants to poo poo.

A few ways may help you..

1) sing to her while rock her.. give her pacifier if possible.
2) show her interesting pics.. like mine i paste my bedroom with winnie the pooh.. so i will tell stories of each pic to him while pacify him.
3) give her gripe water after shower.. that should smooth her tummy down.
4) talk to her.. express that you are tired maybe she may listens to you.
5) Isaac at times refuse to stay indoor for long, sometimes a walk out from the house does help him to cool down. You may wish to try.
6) meet with we mummies la... we can give u good moral support and our bbs can play with yrs.

dont quarrel with yr hb la... not only it affects yr mood and with bbs crying u will feel even more blueee..

bbs too feel very sensative with quarrels, so the more you couple quarrel in front of her, the more sensative she gets.

Be cool, both u and yr hb take turn to coax her down.. i would suggest maybe SAHM may not suits u. maybe u can consider putting yr love ones in infant care and u work PT. that will improve a lot of yr love for yr bb and u will find having bb is enjoyable.

Remember you are not alone.. ALL bbs are very demanding coz' they do not know how to express.

Take a breathe air... say if yr bb cry and u cant take it. put her in the bb cot, and walk out.. take a little breather then go back and coax her down.

Back