(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Hi Jumbo & Hunniepot, are your PDs in polyclinic or can we juz go polyclinic and register any PD? Do u have the privilege nt to Q? ;p
 


hunniepot, no problem.. go ahead and upload
happy.gif


juzmaine, i go to polyclinic and they assign doc to us.. i think they are pd but gp.. cos they are adults waiting outside the room.. babies have the privilage to "jump Q".. but if go to children's department then have to go with Q-number.. registration and seeing doc are faster..
 
no lah.. they assign randomly.. i prefer to have a fix gp or pd for him.. few weeks ago, i brought nixon to a clinic (SilverCross) to see gp.. tat doc very nice and patient.. think will bring nixon to him next time.. but for the vaccination jab, i will go polyclinic.. it is cheaper.. I will go for 5-in-1 jab in polyclinic..
 
hunniepot,
Yup, can upload. Thanks
happy.gif


juzmaine,
U can request to see the same GP if u make appointment in advance. If u do walk-in, then they will assign upon availability.

irene,
Don't worry too much abt your bb. Everything will turn out fine
happy.gif
 
Kim,
which hosipital will you be at? I'm at TMC.

Irene,
I think you have the same situation as me. My gynae wanted me to go for c-section b'cos baby too small. N he is afraid that my placenta cannot cope. He said that my baby's weight is likely not exceeding 2.5kg.
 
Hi Ladies,
happy.gif


Tracy & Kim, all the best for your c-section on 3rd April. Looking forward to seeing your babies's photos soon
happy.gif


At my checkup yesterday, I lost weight of about 0.5kg over 1 week. At first, I was happy 'cos I thought it was a sign that I will be delivering soon. But my gynae said no leh. She said it is quite abnormal instead.
sad.gif
Then she quickly do CTG scan to see bb's heartbeat. Luckily it was fine. She told me at many times that I must make sure bb moves. If any decrease in movement, must go and find her immediately.

My bb only partly engaged at week 37. But gynae said she is moving downward.
 
hi kolarie, yup, EDD a few days away. I start my ML on monday - officially a SAHMTB. Apart from bb's movement quite vigourous cause not much space liao - my colleagues say like "horror show" when they saw my tummy moving. My gynae did not say anything - next appointment to see him also my EDD date - 6 April. Now i can only await patiently for my boy. i believe he choosing a good date for himself, hee hee
happy.gif


In fact, i juz came back from swimming. Did quite a number of squats, hopefully to bring my cervix lower and open up a bit
happy.gif


Rachael, Tracy & Kim - all the best to your Cesarian for 2morrow and Monday. 3 of you muz be feeling very excited.
 
Tracy, why C-section? Can induce to try for normal first right?
It's should be 2 weeks if the baby din grow then gotta induce.
Actually I'm not so worried, cos the weight remain the same as 3kg and since the head is engaged already, she ask me to look out for contraction.
My gynae did not mentioned abt CTG yet... the baby heartbeat and fluid is still at normal range. She told me that it's quite unlikely that I will get a c-section.
Daphne, my gynae also mentioned that if you want the cervix to open faster, do walk more, climb the stairs or do squats...
 
The thread is running fast..

Congratulations to preciousbabe, Hunniepot and Jumbo. Your babies are lovely and cute.

Like Daphne, I will be starting my ML from next monday onwards thou my EDD is 12 Apr. Cant really tahan the weight anymore.I will be seeing my gynae again next tues and he will be doing the CTG and cervic check. My boy has engaged even lower when I went for my check on Thursday but hor, my tummy still looks high :-(

my appettiate has increased n I have put on weight again within a week. Put on 1 kg and I at my 38 weeks.. hope I will not put on further.
 
Thanks Daphne for your well wishes..

Tracy, Me going TMC 2morow for C-sect..maybe we'll bump onto each other at Delifrance..haha

Kim, Tracy,
Have a smooth delivery yar!!
 
Re: PD vs Polyclinic

I went to see the PD assigned to my bb 3 days after discharge.. just to follow up on her jaundice condition.. went for the usual blood test and consultation.. and the bill costs $60+. The polyclinic bill is only $9.30 and it compassed everything that the PD did.. such a hugh difference in pricing right?

Re: Yahoo fotos

BTW ladies.. you've got mail!
 
daphne

B4 you know it.. your bb will be out.. And with the regular exercises that you have been doing.. Im sure that you will have a smooth delivery!
happy.gif
 
Jia-you to the 3 mommies giving birth tomolo & the day after. Treat yourself with great bfast cos think after 8am no more food intake & if C-sect only liquid after op on the very day.
Waiting to see more BBs'pix!
 
Gd morn ladies
Gee..cant believe tt at this time of the day, i'm the 1st to post a thread here for today ^_^

Stay strong & healthy for the 3 mtbs..u'll b seeing ur sweethearts very soon..I'm sure allof u must be really excited!!
 
RE:pD vs Polyclinic
Hunniepot, in this case, we can bring bb directly to polyclinic for follow up visits & need not visit e PD instead? Also, r we given priority over o patients as well? Or got to queue like e others?

Daphne, Des
I'll b taking my ml from tues instead..exaCTLY a wk b4 my EDD..still got many things to hand over..dunno whether can finish in time..else ot..:p

Des
Hey, i'll b gg for e same procedure as u & on e same day as well..my gynae will b checkingg to c whether my cervix has ripen..though unsure whether he'll b doing e CTG scan.
 
shylyn,
You can let the nurse at the hospital know that u r going to the polyclinic for the jaundice check and they will indicate in the health booklet. And yes, we are given priority over the other patients, so no need to queue
happy.gif


Tracy & Kim,
All the best for your C-sect tmr. Feeling excited for both of u as can see your bb soon!

Re: Beansprout pillow
Pls let me know when u have received the pillows. If your EDD is near liao and yet to receive, do sms or call Celyn up to check with her.
 
Morning ladies,

thanks for all the well wishes.

Rach,
all the best to you. by the way, confinement can eat delifrance meh???

Irene,
I actually didn't want a c-section. But my gynae told me that if I go for induction will cause risk to baby. He is afraid that I will take a long time after induction and cause baby distress. So after much discussion, we decided to go for C-section.

Actually I'm a bit kan cheong now. I will be going in Monday morning 7 am. Op starts at 10am.

So good luck and best wishes to those popping soon.
 
Hi mummies... tks for the cumfort...
happy.gif
jus had my check up yesterday @ 36wks n 1day. BB weigh 2.8kg n i weight 62.4kg!!!
Total weight gain of almost 18kgs! Gosh! Did my CTG scan n everthing is well
happy.gif
Requested for bed rest till next wed. Thought of taking Annual leave after tat than follow by 2wks ML B4 EDD 28/Apr. Hoping bb will pop ard 37 wks...
happy.gif


Tracy n Kim, all the best to both of u too...!
happy.gif
 
shylyn

Yup like preciousbabe said we are given priority over other patients.. as our babies are younger than 1 month old.. the queue no is normally 05XX..

For me I just wanted to play safe for the 1st visit.. follow up with the PD who looked after my girl in hospital.. but find it is not necessary.. the 1 day hospital bill for jaundice at GlenE is $500+.. super ex!

Tracy

I also ate delifrance when I brought my girl to hospital during the 1st week of confinement.. really nothing to eat there mah.. dont eat anything to do with seafood since yours is going to be c-section..
 
wow Hunnie, din realise the fee for the vaccination is of such a big gap!!! Me contemplating to bring BB to polyclinic liao..Do I juz hv to bring the booklet for registration? Will BB develop fever after each vaccination as a side effect?
Do u feed BB Amanda with water besides milk? Me wondering how to enable BB to poo w/o being too heaty cos of the milk.
Delifrance! Miss the chocolate ecclair!!
 
Hunnie, Jumbo & Preciousbabe, do u gals take fruits now? Me read the Mar thread & learnt that apple will cause BB to hv phlegm! I tot that's the only fruit we can njoy during confinement cos watermelon, banana, orange etc is a def. no-no. If apple is out, dunno wat can make me go poo-poo liao during confinement cos of the super heaty stuff, & it'll affect BB too rite? Any ideas abt kiwi/prune? Me din bother dring my last confinement, ate choc, maybe dat's Y BB gal got jaundice, so nw gotta play the safest ;p
 
juzmaine, my mum doesn't allow me to eat fruits leh.. and she insist me to have confinement food for 40 days.. 3 more days to go.. to prevent constipation.. eat more vehe lor... i had vege for every meal.. so, still ok.. but still got sick cos of heat..

just went to my uncle's clinic.. he's a chinese physician... told him about my wrist and he said most of women just give birth sure got wrist problem.. he said is hormone disorder... but i wonder why hormone disorder will cos wrist pain... but he prescribe some med for me.. will go back to him after a week..
 
Juzmaine

Its not vaccination.. just brought her to see doctor regarding her jaundice condition.. consultation and lab test only costs me $9.30 whereas at PD clinic it is $55 (after deducting medication)

I let Amanda drink water as well.. but I try to let her drink as much milk as she wants to.. the PD I went to said it is ok to feed water to wet her mouth or quench her thrist.. but not excessive (didnt ask her why though)

Hmm.. I didnt know cannot eat fruits.. I have been eating fruits normally leh.. just had watermelon somemore.. guess different pple do it differently.. my mum is not strict with me thats why..
 
Rach is prboably in her C section now.. hope to hear good news soon and see bb fotos. =)

Good luck to Kim and Tracy for tomorrow.

Hunniepot,
looks like quite a fair bit of difference on the charges from polyclinic and PD.. My area here the PD need to make apptmt one.. so probably will ask hb if want 2 save $ n go to polyclinic instead when bb nds her jabs.

BTW, polyclinic only ve 5-in-1, right? No 6-in-1 huh?
 
hunnipot, last time i brough Nix to polyclinic to check on his jaundice level.. i had $11 for consultation and blood test.. and for the vaccination.. 5-in-1 jab cost $298.40.. whereas SilverCross charged us $380.. as for water, the nurse ask me dun give him too much.. as water has no nutrition value and will add burden to his stomach.. but as wat the mummies here said, fm too heaty.. must give water to cool his body.. but Nix refuse to drink plain water.. last time bottle feed him plain water.. he refused then we change to spoon feed.. at first he will drink.. now he now sppon feed also plain water and refuse to drink again.. headache..
 
kolarie, i'm not sure abt 6-in-1 leh.. the nurse only intro me 4-in-1 and 5-in-1 jab.. maybe u would like to ask them?
 
Hi all, may I now wat 4-in-1 to 6-in-1 consist of? Any side-effects like fever? M gals 1st immunisation jab was BCG on the 2nd day she was born,3rd day she was born - 1st Hep B jab, 1mth - 2nd Hep B, 3 mths later, 1st DPT and 1st Poliomyelitis, 4th mth - 2nd DPT and 2nd Poliomyelitis, 5th mth-3rd DPT and 3rd Poliomyelitis, 6th mth-3rd Hp B, 1yr4mths later-MMR, 1yr6mths-1st booster Poliomyelitis & 1st booster DPT. Optional ones I hvnt go: Hep A jab & pneumonia (take when kid abt to attend playgrp or nursery, told better cos in a grp, germs among kids are contagious) Am told PD's serum are 100% pure so no side effects, dats Y spent a bomb liao...
 
Today is the 1st time I'm motivated to wash BB's clothings, but end up my mil did for me ;p So I went online to sign up for the progress package for the whole family, at least did somethg better than sleeping my sun away ;p nowadays cannot walk for long. Henc Sat & Sun usu at home liao, watsmore it's pouring now, waiting to play majong (pay sch fees ;p)
 
hi ladies,

i came across this about risks of c-sections on the American College of Nurses-Midwives site, whille doing research. don't want to scare u but I think better to be more informed, so share with everyone
http://www.acnm.org/news.cfm?id=891 (but their links to other pages a bit don't work so well, sometimes can, sometimes cannot.)

my baby is still breech at almost 38 weeks, and my Dr has told us to go research on the various risks of c-section vs risks of virginal breech birth. i'm still praying that she will turn before labour starts
 
Jumbo,
will remember your uncle if ever need to see a chinese physician.
happy.gif
My maternal house in Pasir Ris. Is his clinic at Drive 6 or Elias side?

RE: Baby Einstein DVD
Did you see the price war in the market place now? The original thread gets their supply from a local supplier (@$92) who I found out that also sells the same item on her ebay auction. Then this 2nd thread started $80/$75 for the same DVD. Dunno this seller is from where...but suspect she has lobang direct from China and is profiting from this, not just doing co-ordination loh. Anyway, lower price can only benefit us mothers. kekeke
 
Ggd luck Tracy..we look forward to ur birth story as well as ur bb's photos soon ^_^

Hunnniepot, Preciousbabe
at least not so bad..still can jump queue..else e polyclinic queue is so horribly long..i always used to prefer gg to e doc at my parents' place downstairs ascompared to polyclinic..cos save me at least 2 hrs waiting time.
 
jUzmaine,
No, I didn't wear the abdominal binder as I didn't manage to find my size. In the end, I just do without it lor. So far, my movement is ok without the binder. I'm considering to engage the malay massage. Not yet decided but have contacted the massage lady before hand liao
 
Re: Fruits during confinement
My mum said i can eat any type of fruits. She is not restricting my intake. Anyway, nowadays the weather is pretty warm even with the pm rain, so my personal take is moderate for everything.

hunniepot, reali admire you for the energy you have even during confinement.
 
chenoa, his clinic is at Drive 4... u can go to him if u need help lor.. but hope u dun need his service.. keke..
 
chenoa,
is it?? I'm getting from tat mommy leh.. she claimed tat she got 2 copies. one opened n one not.. but after seeing the thread, i ve doubts 2 get from her since i wasn't aware tat she got so many copies.. i mean.. why she bluff me... she said she left /w only two copies, of which bought for another mommy but rejected later.

How?
 


just now discuss with my hubby.. where should i stay now and when i go back to work? stay at my mum's place together with baby or stay with hubby at my in-law's place.. very "mao-dun" cos i dun wanna seperate from either one of them..

At my mum's place, she can help me to look after bb and i wanna bb to get use to the place as i'm intend to put baby with my mum when i get back to work.. although i'm still persuading my mum but most probably she will help me out.. but then my hubby will be left out..

at my in-laws' place, i'll be home alone with bb whole day.. will be alone with him till 9 or 10pm then my hubby will be back.. and i cant go to my mum's place everyday.. it'll be tiring.. and i feel a spit of fire between my mil and me now.. cos i cant stand her keep telling me wat to do with the baby.. at least my mum will let me decide wat can i do for the baby... but again, if i stay with my hubby, i'll miss out my bb growing part.. my hubby cant stay at my mum's place as there's no place to put him in and very inconvenient for him to go to work everyday.. my mum's staying at jurong and hubby's working at changi..

very mao-dun.. mao-dun
sad.gif
 

Back
Top