(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

SiewIng/Jasminesym,
There r apparatus/mat pilates. Apparatus needs to use equipment whereas mat u just do it on a mat. Add some bands or balls when needed.

I would feel that pilates is more appropriate if yr aim is to tone up the tummy.

Mummies
What are your views of giving the baby pacifier? I am still thinking very hard if I should introduce it to my gal. My son who is oredi 3YO is still using and he is addicted to it. He simply cannot sleep without it and will get super cranky if we don't give it to him. I am in a dilenma now..

Sunshinekid
do u latch on for your gal? If yes, u can be the pacifier... hehe (half joke, half truth lah). Myself is one of them. But I don't allow her to suck for long, jus few min, I will remove her... more effective than pacifier, latch on can "cool" her down easily, especially when she is cranky.
We did try to give her pacifier, she suck suck suck, throw out n cry again, cos no milk come out. We gave her water bottle to suck, she also throw out n cry (when she is cranky).
I think the key point is control the timing of sucking. They will not be very attached to it.

<font color="ff0000">Siewlng</font>
Well, I cldn't wait for anyone of your reply.. just introduced to her.. Hehehehe. but she dun want leh. Suck awhile will pui out. Stuff in afew times also like tat.

I tried using my breasts as pacifier.. but don't want to try it too many times.. cos scarly she gets addicted to them hor.. wah, i lagi busier. :p

Fan
forgot to reply your question on vaccination 6-in-1 Vs 5-in-1. 5-in-1 got Diphtheria (bai hou), Pertussis (bai ri ke), Tetanus (po sang feng), Poliomyelities n HIB. 6-in-1 got additional Hep B.
My PD told us our bb dun need 6-in-1 cos she was given HepB at NB n 1month liao. I read from the flyer by GSK (a medicial co.), also say so leh. HepB should be given at birth, 1mth, n 6 mth (total 3 doses).

Btw, my TCM doc observed a lot of her kids patients that r hyper-active, many of them have the history of fever when taking jab. N it affected their brain, n become hyper-active. So she advised me not to bring my gal to jab during, b4 n after fever, jus to prevent.

Siewlng/Sunshinekid,

Siewlng, think my boi n yr gal quite the same.Initially, when we intro the pacifier, he also suck until very angry because no milk come out. Lately, my boi will get v cranky ard 8pm. Nothing soothes him, so I gave pacifier, he sucks happily, after a while he just spits it out and then ok liao, can smile some more....
Sunshinekid,
I think ist few times, yr gal will have diffiulty holding in the pacifier as it is new to her, give it to her a few times, see whether she can suck it in better. Fyi, my first bb also suck pacifier until 3YO, but 2nd one only 10mths, so depends on individual child. For my boi now, I will only use it to soothe him when he is cranky.I dun want to be human pacifier leh.

wow so many postings to catch up hee hee :p it seems during weekends our mummies are more free ah hee hee :p

Bulma
i am the light sleeper and the highly alert one. Even if my hubby is attending to night feeding ethan i will still be awake lhe. Somehow i just feel i cnanot sleep soudnly away this would be irresposnible ...jialat...but in different rooms diff ha ah like when my mother take care then i will let her tend to it hee hee :p

Siewlng
the jab hor. Think for mine though Ethan taken first dose at birth but then ah i opting for the 6-in-1 so the next visit owuld be when he is 1.5 mths to 2 mths leh. I read it on the schedule chart that the pd clinic provide. Fan has the same pd as me should have the same chart. I cannot opt for 5-in-1 cuz by the time i realised ethan's one month over liaoz. So i can only opt for 6-in-1 jab.

Sunshinekid
don't be afraid to use pacifier lah hee hee Ethan also i let him use pacifier but then he once suck until his asleep he will spit it out himself and sometimes giving him pacifier doesn't soothe him and he cna also sleep on his own without it.

I think for all methods like sarong, carrying and patting ah. I think it depends on individual baby lor. So far for ethan there is no one method that is 100% lor. he doesn't get addicted to the sarong though we put him in one....he doesn't get addicted to carrying and patting..so i just want to share we mummies should be relax and chill a bit. Dun be too worried about baby addicted to this and that cuz if not restricting yourself form alot of measures will actually add more stress to taking care of baby.

The bottomline is whatever method u comfortable with and it best help you use it. Don't becuz others say no good then you restrain urself. Afetrall we are all different, our ways of handling baby also different
happy.gif

Etelle,
How far apart was Ethan past 1 mth before u realise abt the booster jab at bb 1st mth? Jayden had his 1 wk past his 1st mth and we still go for 5-in-1.

U need not take the jab exactly on the day he turn 1st mth. Just don't let it lapse for more than 1 wk after 1st mth can liao.

BTW, how much u pay for the jab?

hi girls,

bout hubby, so far i no complains la.. he helps out as and when needed.. during nyte feeds, i m that kind who will wake him up to tend to bb while i go make formula.. have to train ma if not man will never learn..

bout pacifier, i let my girl use pacifier.. she sucks to soothe herself to sleep after she s in deep sleep, she will pui the pacifier herself.. so not that worried.. hopefully she will not get addicted to it..

bout the jab, the pd that mount e recommend bloody ex.. their 6 in 1 jab is at bout 150 per jab w/out consultation.. their consultation itself is 70.. so ex then still have to travel to paragon to get the jab.. i check out with my gp.. his clinic is offering it at 120 per jab.. and i dun need to travel so far.. just in case, bb gets cranky after the jab..

anyone feed their bb glucose or not huh?? re they to young to drink anything like that?? coz my mum have been telling me to feed her glucose..

bbcutie, how much gripewater you feed your boy per time?

Etelle
Haha, stressed leh, nite feed. Last nite I waited until 3am, my girl still dun wake up... she passed 7 hours from last feed leh. Hmm... maybe it is true tat bb dun need nite feed, jus tat I need to adjust her last feed timing, she can then dong till morning! hehe! Try again today.
Some background:
she played from 6pm to 7pm plus, then start to get cranky abt 7.30pm, we let her cry until 8.30pm, I latch her to soothe her down for 5min, then bottle fed her 110ml (full meal), then she KO liao. Maybe too tired.

mashy, i wanna follow the instruction on tin but my boy keep hungry i cant dun give him drk lei

sunshine, yr hb also same pattern hahahah but u more jialut cos u stil got an elder one. but my hb recently improve liao

i try not to give my son pacifier unless when he super cranky .. but even then, he sm x also dun wan it when i give him but sm x he will suck til he shiok/zzz he will pui out himself also.

i br my boy see PD at rivervale mall the kids clinic... i also find that PD v nice. she is a chinese lady.

sunshine/ilim, we can mt up at PP lah all stay ponggol hehe... can call ling79 and ah may also hehe

ilim, u stay which block at ponggol, i stay 134, ah may stay 29x, ling stay 63x

etelle/siewlng
why must wait for bb wk up to nite feed then can go sleep. i just go sleep lor then bb wk up then i wk up... i dun wait til his feed liao then can go sleep lei lk dat not tired meh

Bulma
I half sleep half wait loh... cannot totally switch off mah, else I cannot hear her crying... hehe!
Further we put her sleep on her chest, so scare she bu xin liao when turned her head. So got to stay alert mah...

Hehe sorry ah, I didn't explain clearly abt tat jab n hyper active kids problem... I meant thoes huo dong er, tat cannot control their mind, speech n action one. Don't bring them to jab when bb is down for fever tat can be due to flu/ cold...etc.

Feza
After jab normally will have fever.
To prevent, my sis told me to give bb barley days b4 jab. To cool bb down b4 jab. Barley water without sugar, use it to make FM. Or jus drink from bottle. But not glucose water lah.

I have a church mate, tat is SAHM, did a lot of research on bb's diet, she said, 1 portion of sugar will reduce bb's immunity by 3X ah.

But hor, my bb's TCM doc said Barley is consider a zhong yao (a medicine) so better dun give to bb at age of 0 to 3 months. On 4th month should be ok. So I am thinking...

Feza
A suggestion for the meet up leh, since most of them stay near Punggol. Can get 1 of them to book the multi purpose hall n do catering?
So we dun need to pack n mess up the house... n is cheaper than going for resturant. Further bb can wonder around tat area. But... budget will need to be decided.

Venus n Ivory
Hehe still remember the food feast tat we talk abt b4 shen? that we wan to gather n u all cook?(buay paiseh, I ask again!)

oh yea, i remember venus and ivory promise to us... i ask sally cinnamon oready and she has kindly volunteered her place.. but it s in cck.. if you all dun mind can use her place lor.. then she say can use her driveway to park all the tiny 'mercedes'.. you will park her dad s car outside..

if dun agree then we use the multi purpose hall in punggol lor.. but not much privacy la esp. those breast feeding ones.. food wise catering lor.. easiest to clean up.. bulma suggested something that day.. can t remember what..

Feza,
I fed 2ml of gripewater using a syringe once a day.

SiewIng,
My boy started to drink barley liao leh. Sm x we also use the barley water to make FM.

Last time I fed my girl Pao Sheng b4 jab and don't bath her the next day after jab. We just clean and wipe her. So far so good.

Hi gals,

So long never online liao .... Just went for my breast operation ... came back on thursday. Now every day need to go hospital for dressing
sad.gif

I have stop my breastfeeding liao. Due to my breast opeation... I just learn something, if u want to stop breastfeeding just put COLD CABBAGE on your breast a few day later auto no milk coming out...hehe
happy.gif
taught my nurse in hospital.

mummies,
Let have a gathering.... If you don't mind my place also can... I'm staying at bukit batok....

hi hi gals..

i live at teck whye... most likely gathering can only be on Sun evening.. cos that's the only day my hubby knock off a bit early... he's the one doing the cooking...

<font color="aa00aa">sally...</font>
you ok with us cooking at your house? got powerful stove and big big woks? if have then i check with my hubby if he mind cooking at your place
happy.gif
then easier for us to do the gathering cos my place very small leh.. kekeke...

let me know if u gals are still on for the gathering so i can check with my hubby
happy.gif

hey gals, guess u muz have finished with ur post natal massages. Just wondering when is the best time for the massage lady to come massage so that it's convenient coz heard muz keep the oil on for some time ritez?

babe
there is no sutiable time to massage one leh....i normally dun bathe on the same day i do my massage then the next morning i bathe again. So u see your own timing and coordinate lor :

Lim
take care hor...rest well well...don't worry about BF lah...like i say if u can BF good but if cnanot no worries lah...like bulma, lai yee and the girls always tell me FM also good enough mah we also brought up with FM
happy.gif

bbcutie
i forget how long liaoz...the 6-in-1 jab will cost me $500....i haven't go for the first one appointment this coming thursday though for the first 6-in-1 jab...

Bulma
i don't fall asleep easily leh...very light sleeper...alittle sound only i will wake up liaoz..or alittle stretching sound i also will wake up leh...my hubby said i dun have the relax life ha ha he said i "LAO LU MING"

Etelle,
I paid $470 for the 5-in-1 and it includes chicken pox jab.

Since u missed the appt on Thursday, then please remember to go within the next few days. It is still ok as long as don't let it lapse for too long. Didn't the clinic call to remind you?

Jayden 1st Hep B booster jab was suppose to be on 3 Mar but we r too bz to bring him there and decide to bring him on the following Friday. On Wed, the clinic called me on my hp and remind me that my boy is due for jab and I told them I will go on Friday.

bbcutie
so good...mine doesn't include chicken pox leh...chicken pox another erm 60-70 i think...not opting for it leh...CP...necessary?? no lah i mean i am gng for appt this coming thursday hee hee ooh maybe i can asked and see how..which clinic u went to? I am going to Kinder Clinic at Mt A leh....

Hi gals,

I tot 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 only come 2 or 3 months... 1 month only Hep B. I blur liao ...think must go ask doc liao ...hehe...

Etelle,

I'm fine ! My wound not painful liao.... only need to go hospital everyday to change my dressing. I can carry my baby but dare not to carry too long scare my wound will pain..
happy.gif
THE ONLY THING IS i sian off is CANNOT EAT
sad.gif
I cannot any how eat for 3 months.... no chicken, egg, cold foodsss etc ...sian.. tot after confinement can eat liao but now hai...

Etelle ,

I just call the Raffles hospital they charge $288 for 4 jabs. (6 IN 1) excluding consulation. Chicken pox $90.00 only when she reach 1 yr old.

<center><font size="+2">February 2006 Babies - We are born!!!</font></center>

<center><table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2"><center>S/N</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Mummy's Name</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Mummy's Age</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>EDD</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Birthdate</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Gender</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>BB Name</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Age / Mth</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Age / Days</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Wt @ Birth</center></font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>mashy brainz</TD><TD><center>32</center></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD>1-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Caeden</TD><TD>2.6 </TD><TD>78.0 </TD><TD>2.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Bulma</TD><TD><center>30</center></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD>12-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font size="-1">Jarren Lo Yi Jie</font></TD><TD>2.2 </TD><TD>67.0 </TD><TD>2.77 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Ah_may</TD><TD><center>30</center></TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD>13-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boys</font></center></TD><TD>Sam &amp; Ray</TD><TD>2.2 </TD><TD>66.0 </TD><TD><font size="-1">1.9 kg &amp; 2.3 kg</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Ivory</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD>23-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Zeng Zi Jie</TD><TD>1.9 </TD><TD>56.0 </TD><TD>2.96 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Sally Cinnamon</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>12-Feb-06</TD><TD>23-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Sarah</TD><TD>1.9 </TD><TD>56.0 </TD><TD>2.5 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>siewlng</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD>23-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Xie Yu Jie</TD><TD>1.9 </TD><TD>56.0 </TD><TD>2.77 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>smiley</TD><TD><center>29</center></TD><TD>3-Feb-06</TD><TD>24-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.8 </TD><TD>55.0 </TD><TD>2.45 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Ling79</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>5-Feb-06</TD><TD>25-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>1.8 </TD><TD>54.0 </TD><TD>2.63 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>gingerale</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD>26-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Annalisa</TD><TD>1.8 </TD><TD>53.0 </TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Venus Teoh</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD>26-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Corrine Ong</TD><TD>1.8 </TD><TD>53.0 </TD><TD>3.32 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>vonvon78</TD><TD><center>27</center></TD><TD>7-Feb-06</TD><TD>26-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Marcus Kang</TD><TD>1.8 </TD><TD>53.0 </TD><TD>2.65 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>I have a bb ger</TD><TD><center>21</center></TD><TD>8-Feb-06</TD><TD>29-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Shayna</TD><TD>1.7 </TD><TD>50.0 </TD><TD>3.2 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>babycutie</TD><TD><center>33</center></TD><TD>23-Feb-06</TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Jayden Chin</TD><TD>1.6 </TD><TD>47.0 </TD><TD>2.81 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>jasminesym</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>17-Feb-06</TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.5 </TD><TD>46.0 </TD><TD>2.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>oscar</TD><TD><center>29</center></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.5 </TD><TD>46.0 </TD><TD>3.2 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>marcia</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD>3-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.5 </TD><TD>45.0 </TD><TD>3.4 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Jappooh</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>5-Feb-06</TD><TD>4-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Elvin</TD><TD>1.5 </TD><TD>44.0 </TD><TD>2.86 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Jasjas</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>14-Feb-06</TD><TD>4-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.5 </TD><TD>44.0 </TD><TD>2.89 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Sunshinekid</TD><TD><center>32</center></TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD>7-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Annika</TD><TD>1.4 </TD><TD>41.0 </TD><TD>2.46 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD><center>25</center></TD><TD>18-Feb-06</TD><TD>8-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Lim Xinru</TD><TD>1.3 </TD><TD>40.0 </TD><TD>2.81 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Etelle</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>11-Feb-06</TD><TD>8-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Ethan Luah</TD><TD>1.3 </TD><TD>40.0 </TD><TD>3.67 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>MTAN</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>11-Feb-06</TD><TD>9-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.3 </TD><TD>39.0 </TD><TD>2.51 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Wendy Ter</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>1.3 </TD><TD>38.0 </TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Bamwicca</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD>12-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Cayden</TD><TD>1.2 </TD><TD>36.0 </TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>fan</TD><TD><center>27</center></TD><TD>17-Feb-06</TD><TD>12-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>1.2 </TD><TD>36.0 </TD><TD>3.34 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>et</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>12-Feb-06</TD><TD>14-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font size="-1">Jordan Lee Zhao Feng</font></TD><TD>1.1 </TD><TD>34.0 </TD><TD>3.53 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD><center>25</center></TD><TD>24-Feb-06</TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Chen Xin Ru</TD><TD>1.1 </TD><TD>32.0 </TD><TD>3.26 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>summer_bb</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Tiffany</TD><TD>1.1 </TD><TD>32.0 </TD><TD>3.43 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Yong Jin Foong</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>22-Feb-06</TD><TD>17-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>1.0 </TD><TD>31.0 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Lenny</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>17-Feb-06</TD><TD>20-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Roy</TD><TD>0.9 </TD><TD>28.0 </TD><TD>3.6 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>Lim</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>20-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Chloe Lim</TD><TD>0.9 </TD><TD>28.0 </TD><TD>3.03 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>feza</TD><TD><center>24</center></TD><TD>22-Feb-06</TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD><font size="-1">Aida Ellyanna</font></TD><TD>0.9 </TD><TD>27.0 </TD><TD>3.17 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>ilim</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Keagan</TD><TD>0.9 </TD><TD>27.0 </TD><TD>3.17 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>Professor</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Alston</TD><TD>0.9 </TD><TD>27.0 </TD><TD>3.14 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Vs</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>27-Feb-06</TD><TD>24-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Giselle</TD><TD>0.8 </TD><TD>24.0 </TD><TD>3 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></center>

HI Sunshinekid
Re: pacifier
Given that my bb was addicted to my breasts, i'd tried given her pacifier but she suck and pui it out. Tried so many times but she still doesn't want, so i stop giving her.

But luckily she has started to sleep on her own without my breasts except during night time. I guess i keep telling her that i will only breast feed her during the night, then she slowly learn to sleep without it. Now she is on bottle fed during the day and bf during the night.

Siewlng
I also woke up today at 2.30am waiting for my bb to wake up. Yesterday, we went to Isetan bb fair and bb didn't get to sleep. So she sleep early last night at 9pm, so i tot she will wake up at 2-3am for her next feed. But she didn't, she woke up at her usual time 5.30am.... now i am so sleepy...

Thnks for the jab info, it is very useful. I will make sure my bb doesn;t have fever when she go for her next jab.

Re: Gathering
Feza &amp; Siewlng, of course i have not forgotten my promise. But can do when my bb settle down wiht my bbsitter, so i got time to go and prepare food?

Meantime, we can go for outside gathering. I think we go to restaurant or cater some food would be better since everyone is busy with bb now.

Re: Isetan bb fair
went to buy bb things yesterday. 20% on avent, NUK and pigeon. Bought the pigeon bottle/teat washing liquid - 700ml bottle + refill for $19.90.

Re:Electric Pump
I am wondering if i should get the avent handheld electrical b.pump. It looks very handy and easy to use as compare to medela electrical pump in-style. Any mummy here is currently using avent handhel electrical pump? can comment?

<font color="ff0000">Venus</font>
Like you, I have been thinking of about the Avent Single handheld Electric pump for the longest time. But u see, I dun hve much luck with electric pumps. Tried Medela PIS, Ameda etc.. all dun work for me.

I have a friend who is also same case like me, she bought the Avent one and she said it's sooooo gd. Kept asking me to buy. But it costs $279 leh. I am thinking how long I am gg to bf to justify this purchase..

<font color="ff0000">Lim</font>
Hey, what's wrong with you? Sorry I didnt follow this thread too closely. Why need to go for breasts operation? Anyway, hope u are fine now and have a speedy recovery!

<font color="ff0000">Re: 5in1 / 6in 1 jabs</font>
I am quite lost. All gg for which one?

<font color="ff0000">Etelle</font>
Bring Ethan for the Chicken pox jab lah. I think it's quite good. Then your boy will not kanna Chicken pox leh. I brot my son for the jab at 12MO.

sunshinekid
better to jab ah? okie lah i take chicken pox jab then. i am iopting for the 6-in-1...
happy.gif
i don't know what it is but just take lah ha ha :p

Venus
you seem to really have a way with your daughter leh. You can like plan schedulee for her and she cna stick to it so coolz...hee hee :p

Sunshinekid,

My breast got infection ... I got a lump when 4 months pregnant but not cancer... After birth i never massage properly for my breast then the breast milk get infected around my right breast that y i got fever n got to emer operation to remove the lump bcos i got high fever for 3 days.
My doctor say this is very common on breast feeding mothers if you never take care of ur breast n keep expressing milk.
sad.gif

dunno if it's washing during confinement or the way i carried my bb during cf. now my thumb really hurts and difficult to bend, so not much strength. hope it recovers soon or else do a lot of things also troublesome.

went back to send cakes today n had my colleagues cooing over the baby. There's something about bbs that just melts anyone's heart
happy.gif

Bulma

Me staying at 102... hehehe... 2mr last day of confinement, jus did keagan's full mth yesterday. Thinking of bringing him to punggol plaza walk walk b4 bringing him for his jab.

<font color="ff0000">ilim</font>
So are you bringing him to Northern Hope? Or somewhere else? I am staying at Blk 638C. Actually the clinic at Bulma goes to is also very good. It's at Sengkang (Rivervale Mall) and it's called Kids Clinic or something. If I am not wrong, the PD is called Dr Alyson Tan.

<font color="ff0000">ilim</font>
So are you bringing him to Northern Hope? Or somewhere else? I am staying at Blk 638C. Actually the clinic at Bulma goes to is also very good. It's at Sengkang (Rivervale Mall) and it's called Kids Clinic or something. If I am not wrong, the PD is called Dr Alyson Tan.

Etelle,
So u r sticking with Dr Terence Tan?

I find it troublesome to travel to Mt A so I see PD near my place at Yishun. Its call Ooi Baby and Child Clinic.

is staining normal during this period? Dunno if it's menses starting again, but if it is, it's relatively light. thot with bf it'll be later. after all, only been 4 wks.

after going out all day the last 3 days, didnt realy have time to express or feed bb properly. feel like ms has gone down. gotta start building it up again. heard tt fan tried fenugreek n it works for her. think will buy and see how.

bbcutie
My hubby and i both think for in jections which is like a couple of times only and a few months apart travelling down to Mt A is alright lah
happy.gif
so i sticking with Dr Terence Tan, very comfortable with him though.

Claire
i have staning and my gynae checked me and said it's cuz the womb is still healing. He said menses will come 3 months after delivery one but for BF mummies it would take longer....

Sunshinekid
Re : avent electrical pump @$279
Yeah, i am also considering whether it is worth investing. Honestly, the manual pump takes me average 20-30 mins to pump. It is just taking lots of time especialy during nightime, when i am so sleepy. I think i will continue to bf up to 6th month, so i must considering expressing milk at work. my friend lent me her Medela PIS but the thing is so heavy and i don't think i wanna walk around the pump within the office.

Avent handheld looks very handy but $279 is quite costly.

Etelle
I have to stick to schedule lah, if not my nanny will have a hard time looking after my bb. Also, it create a habit for bb, so that she will know morning vs night. Morning with nanny, night with mummy. he he he...
happy.gif

Can i know who posted the list of feb babies? can i join in? my boy Noel Sin born 14 feb 06 birth weigght 3.112kg. i am 28 yrs old.
so sorry long time never log in. my boy has ben crying nonstop and poo 7 times a day. last fri, i cant take it liao, bring him go see Dr Saw at hougang... (quite good PD, very friendly) then realised my boy has been lao sai-ing...he said luckily i came early if not got to send hospital cos he will dehydrate... so sad :c found out that he is allergy to lactose... so depressing... no BM, now FM cannot take but take soya milk- isomil... luckily stop lao sai liao but still colic... still trying out soya milk, wed going for review...
hope all of us will keep in touch and give each other strength...

Venus n Sunshinekid
Same here, I am considering to buy tat Avent handheld electrical b.pump also. I bought Avent manual pump, pump until hand so tired, same took me, 40 min for both sides. My friend passed me her Medela handheld pump, very noisy, especially at nite. Also it is painful cos without the petal (like Avent). With tat Medela pump, I can pump both sides in 20 min (ok, it is a reduction of time, n my suan of hands)

Then I became home alone, I wan to quick quick pump n rest, I rented Avent Dual pump for 30 days, is good... at least I can handfree when pump n watch TV/ BB/ this forum (haha, multi-tasking). But to buy, is a No NO, cos it is bulky to bring to office.

N further I dunno how long I wan to BF. Cos my office not so convenience to pump n store BM (hmm, mus go complaint to HR n Breastfeeding society, a co. tat dun encourage BF! Haha!)

My rental above, cost me $225 oredi (for 30 days), include a starter kits (for hygenic purpose). To buy the rented set will cost me $525 (instead of usual $799

But compare prices $750 ($525+$225) Vs $279, is consider cheap loh. Further, I dun wan to buy a white elephant at home (dual electric pump), will be wasted loh. At least this handheld one, I can bring to opi to pump, save my hand from suan (Vs my manual pump)

The only disadvantage is I need to find power point to use this handheld. As I intend to pump at toilet, where got power point then??

Venus
so xian mu your girl can sleep so long ah... 8.5hrs, now I am considering to stretch mine a bit also.
Cos for the passed 3 days, she slept at 8pm plus n wake up at 3am (total 7 hours sleep) to feed. N at 3am, she drink less than normal (abt 80% of her normal diet). So I wonder is she a habit to wake up or really hungry.

Then at 6.30am, she wake up completely, n drink extra like 20% more than normal. Like compensating wat she lost during the long sleep...

Etelle
Actually I realise, my bb self develop her routine leh... like 6am wake up wait for milk, after milk, she stay awake happily wait for bath. No cry leh.
Then evening, she also wait for us to wash her bum, change to long sleeve, get ready to sleep. At 8pm, start to get cranky, irregardless wat time I last fed her (can be 5pm or 6pm). N her mouth start moving, wan to eat again. So I latch her on (to stop her cranky immediately). She then fall asleep, next wake up time at 3am.
N out of some many methods we tried, the most "powerful" (haha!) way is to latch on, to stop her cry immediately! Maybe this is the way she communicate tat she wan to bao bao n comfort n made her feels secure.

hi all
Do your bb become especially good/ guai at ppl's place?
I observed mine is like tat. Today is her 1st day at nanny's place, she so guai there, eat-> play-> cranky little (at home, alot, like tear down roof) -> sleep n for long hours (more than 2hrs). Like so rountine like tat. N also when she cranky, nanny pat her to sleep she sleeps. At home cannot one, must carry to sleep.

The other day, we went to her Ah Gong's place, she also good girl, eat n sleep long hrs

Hmm... wonder is it she knows parent will sayang her, so she throw temper at us???

Siewlng
Your situation is also like mine. my opi also dun have convenient place to pump... i also thinking to pump in the toilet.So it is ridiculous to bring big bag of pump walking around the office.

I tot the avent handheld can be both battery and power operated. that is why i like it leh.Another plus is can i pump directly into the storage cointainer and after pump, just cover with the lid and then goes to fridge. Not need to difficult to clip here and there.

Isetan is having 20% disc on avent products, can save $50+++ if i buy from isetan. Sales end by 28 mar for your info.

Siewlng
My bb also drink less at 5-6am... She always fall asleep after drinking 60ml, then i have to keep moving the bottle to get her to suck again.

I guess she just want to fill up her stomach and back to sleep. She seldom cries for milk during night, just making lot of noise... eh eh eh. So after feeding, she goes back to sleep.

hi mummies,
i actually like my bb to latch on leh.... it is really true that i could actually feel the 'bonding' with bb. Just watching her sucking makes my heart melt... he he he
happy.gif
and i cant stop myself kissing and smelling her leh...

sunshinekid

Nope, me got another pd at compassvale walk called kidslink clinic the pd name is Vanessan Tan, hb wan to get a female pd he find them more patient leh... we'll going there this fri for bb 2nd dose of hep B.

Heard quite gd comment on Dr Alyson Tan though but i chk their package i'm going for is sligthly higher than Dr Vanessan Tan so hb n me decide to c her.

Regarding Avent electric pump:
I am really not sure if this works for me. As I mentioned earlier, I m very sway with electric pumps...all dun work. I think it's becos it's painful without the massaging petal that Avent has. I take nearly 45 mins for the morning pump (5/6am) becos tats when I have alot of milk (abt 10oz). Usually it's also about 25 mins. It's very suan on the hands lor.

The Avent electric can also be used as a manual pump if it really does not work for me. But so ex hor.. for its manual function. :p I heard from my fren it is abit noisy leh.

My baby has developed this habit. She will be an angel in the day, eat and sleep, eat and sleep. But once 8pm comes..she will open eyes big big, will nto sleep, be very cranky, all the way till last feed at abt 11.45 - 12am. Then wil gan yuan to sleep. How ah? I get very tired like that, esp when I go back to work.

babycutie,
i also go to the same clinic in yishun.

i was so busy and didn't post for a long time, me going back to work next week..so sad to leave bb this early..but no choice

Hi ivory,
my baby boy's name is Tavis Toh lihong.

That's been quite a while since i was here.
A lot of news to catch up.
Been in blues state till I went back to my ma's home often with baby recently.
So have u girls been bringing the babies out?

Back