(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

hi girls,

here's pics of bb elly..

one from the hospital.. the other at home when her cord is out and she finally can rest on mummy's chest..

380339.jpg

380340.jpg

Hi Claire,

I had a c section and also wore the binder from hospital for the first wk... till i have rashes at the contact point of the binder and my skin.. During my visit to gynae to remove the stitch, he advise me to stop wearing hence after tat i dun wear anymore. If ur rashes are due to the binder, then u shld stop wearing.

Hi Venus,

Regarding fenugreek, I have been taking it for almost a wk... I find that it helps to incease MS.

chenoa,
Regarding the breast pad, i use abt 1-2 pairs a day... it depends on whether u have milk leakage... if it gets wet v fast, then u hav to change more often.

BTW, any of u had c section and have massage done by susie? My wound still hurt when i sneeze and i notice a bit swollen at the part tat hurt... Is the massage v painful? Not sure if the bind she uses will cover the wound or not... can someone advise? Thanks.

my ms supply very low ley.. how huh?? i can only pump out like 20 ml per time.. my breast milk bloody precious man.. and my hubby forget he went and threw themilk thinking that it was left over milk.. how to increase?? i only pump max 2x a day..

elly is fine except for blocked nose.. so her pd gave her this spray solution to pump into her nose.. her breathing so xin ku during the first few days..

my hospital bill was horrendous.. was 4k plus.. paid bout 2k plus in cash.. but was treated like a queen there.. food and service was good.. another thing, elly s birthday is the same day as wong li lin's son..saw her at the breastfeeding class that i attended.. i guess she was next door or something but she gave birth earlier than me.. my labour super long but i push like 4x and elly is out.. and thank god for epi i dun feel anything much..

fan,

using fenugreek helps huh?? then maybe i should go buy a bottle to try.. my ms is super low so i have to supplement with formula..

feza

my boy oso leh n ur elly heavier than my boy by 0.005kg, my ms oso very low think will try out fenugreek too, anyway hor can check wif u r u using nisah for massage?

Hi Sunshinekid, Babycutie

I dun think the one I had is called the waist nipper. It's an ordinary corset, think the waist nipper is something new ?

Hi Feza haron

I was able to hand express at most 40 ml in the fisrt week, after that was able to express out between 60-100 ml. My gal is on partial breastfeeding EBM. I find that drinking alot of milk helps , am drinking omega milk and red date logan tea, plus taking the fish oil supplements and iron tablets.

Mummies,
can verify for EBM, do you transfer the BM into the glass bottle and store in fridge, then transfer into feeding bottle to warm when wanna use? Will the transfer here and there be a concern for contamination? Also, when you take the bottles out of the steriliser for use, do you use a towel to dry the vapour condensation? otherwise how?

feza
elly looks like a tall bb
happy.gif
and so sweet n comfortable on mommy's chest.

fan
thanks. Now i resort to wearing the binder over my undies, but really troublesome to go to the toilet. I'll be getting susi over on tues, tell u how it goes. so far, the wound area is healing well, but i take extra care when getting up and lying down. dunno if it's psychological, but better safe than sorry. after all, gynae said must be careful for the next 2 mths, so guess that means the scar might "mutate" into a caterpillar during this time. luckily got enuff maternity leave.

bbcutie
the brush costs between $38 and $238, depends on the brush u choose. thinking of making a chinese stamp with her name as well. dun like the crystal with the umb cord...both hb n i think it looks kinda gross (tho it is her cord...)
http://www.taimaobi.com/Name%20baby_E.htm

my girl's got little rashes on her diaper area. we've been powdering her so far, but have just started using the pureen nappy rash cream. Has anyone tried it? Or what is a good nappy rash cream?

bbcutie,

i m from mount elizabeth.. that explains the expensive bill.. at first my gynae wanted to use vacuum but found that she was in OA position so he changed to forceps..

i will try to be more diligent in pumping.. but not getting much support from family ley that s why i feel like giving up totally.. and one more thing is that i have short nipples.. at the hospital she was good at sucking but after getting use to the bottle, she became fussy and gets easily frustrated when she doesn t get what she wants.. she wants my milk ley but no milk to give.. pity my girl man..

ilim,

nope i never use nisa for massage.. aiyo talk bout massage.. i really dun enjoy it that much.. firstly, when she massage my tummy to push the uterus up it s bloody painful man.. and she said she was going slowly with me.. i m a ticklish person so i was laughing and screaming of pain kena scolded so many times.. after that eating all the jamu (lucky it s capsule form if its the watery form i will surely die) and health supplements makes me wanna puke..

sally,

yr girl look so cute.. bila la my girl gonna look like that??

feza

i had the jamu in liquid form, after drinking it once i told my mum i dun wan already... anyway my massage was v relaxing, as for the tummy the stregth was jus nice so no pain at all for me...

<center><font size="+2">February 2006 Babies - We are born!!!</font></center>

<center><table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2"><center>S/N</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Mummy's Name</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Mummy's Age</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>EDD</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Birthdate</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Gender</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>BB Name</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Age / Mth</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Age / Days</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Wt @ Birth</center></font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>mashy brainz</TD><TD><center>32</center></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD>1-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Caeden</TD><TD>2.1 </TD><TD>64.0 </TD><TD>2.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Bulma</TD><TD><center>30</center></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD>12-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font size="-1">Jarren Lo Yi Jie</font></TD><TD>1.8 </TD><TD>53.0 </TD><TD>2.77 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Ah_may</TD><TD><center>30</center></TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD>13-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boys</font></center></TD><TD>Sam &amp; Ray</TD><TD>1.7 </TD><TD>52.0 </TD><TD><font size="-1">1.9 kg &amp; 2.3 kg</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Ivory</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD>23-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Zeng Zi Jie</TD><TD>1.4 </TD><TD>42.0 </TD><TD>2.96 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Sally Cinnamon</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>12-Feb-06</TD><TD>23-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Sarah</TD><TD>1.4 </TD><TD>42.0 </TD><TD>2.5 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>siewlng</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD>23-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Xie Yu Jie</TD><TD>1.4 </TD><TD>42.0 </TD><TD>2.77 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>smiley</TD><TD><center>29</center></TD><TD>3-Feb-06</TD><TD>24-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.4 </TD><TD>41.0 </TD><TD>2.45 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Ling79</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>5-Feb-06</TD><TD>25-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>1.3 </TD><TD>40.0 </TD><TD>2.63 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>gingerale</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD>26-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Annalisa</TD><TD>1.3 </TD><TD>39.0 </TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Venus Teoh</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD>26-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Corrine Ong</TD><TD>1.3 </TD><TD>39.0 </TD><TD>3.32 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>vonvon78</TD><TD><center>27</center></TD><TD>7-Feb-06</TD><TD>26-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Marcus Kang</TD><TD>1.3 </TD><TD>39.0 </TD><TD>2.65 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>I have a bb ger</TD><TD><center>21</center></TD><TD>8-Feb-06</TD><TD>29-Jan-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Shayna</TD><TD>1.2 </TD><TD>36.0 </TD><TD>3.2 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>babycutie</TD><TD><center>33</center></TD><TD>23-Feb-06</TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Jayden Chin</TD><TD>1.1 </TD><TD>33.0 </TD><TD>2.81 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>jasminesym</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>17-Feb-06</TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.1 </TD><TD>32.0 </TD><TD>2.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>oscar</TD><TD><center>29</center></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.1 </TD><TD>32.0 </TD><TD>3.2 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>marcia</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD>3-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.0 </TD><TD>31.0 </TD><TD>3.4 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Jappooh</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>5-Feb-06</TD><TD>4-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Elvin</TD><TD>1.0 </TD><TD>30.0 </TD><TD>2.86 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Jasjas</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>14-Feb-06</TD><TD>4-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1.0 </TD><TD>30.0 </TD><TD>2.89 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Sunshinekid</TD><TD><center>32</center></TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD>7-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Annika</TD><TD>0.9 </TD><TD>27.0 </TD><TD>2.46 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD><center>25</center></TD><TD>18-Feb-06</TD><TD>8-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>0.9 </TD><TD>26.0 </TD><TD>2.81 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Etelle</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>11-Feb-06</TD><TD>8-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Ethan Luah</TD><TD>0.9 </TD><TD>26.0 </TD><TD>3.67 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>MTAN</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>11-Feb-06</TD><TD>9-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>0.8 </TD><TD>25.0 </TD><TD>2.51 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Wendy Ter</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>0.8 </TD><TD>24.0 </TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Bamwicca</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD>12-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Cayden</TD><TD>0.7 </TD><TD>22.0 </TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>fan</TD><TD><center>27</center></TD><TD>17-Feb-06</TD><TD>12-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>0.7 </TD><TD>22.0 </TD><TD>3.34 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>et</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>12-Feb-06</TD><TD>14-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD><font size="-1">Jordan Lee Zhao Feng</font></TD><TD>0.7 </TD><TD>20.0 </TD><TD>3.53 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD><center>25</center></TD><TD>24-Feb-06</TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Chen Xin Ru</TD><TD>0.6 </TD><TD>18.0 </TD><TD>3.26 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>summer_bb</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Tiffany</TD><TD>0.6 </TD><TD>18.0 </TD><TD>3.43 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Lenny</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>17-Feb-06</TD><TD>20-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Roy</TD><TD>0.5 </TD><TD>14.0 </TD><TD>3.6 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>Lim</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>20-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Chloe Lim</TD><TD>0.5 </TD><TD>14.0 </TD><TD>3.03 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>feza</TD><TD><center>24</center></TD><TD>22-Feb-06</TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD><font size="-1">Aida Ellyanna</font></TD><TD>0.4 </TD><TD>13.0 </TD><TD>3.17 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>ilim</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Keagan</TD><TD>0.4 </TD><TD>13.0 </TD><TD>3.17 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>Professor</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>Alston</TD><TD>0.4 </TD><TD>13.0 </TD><TD>3.14 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Vs</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>27-Feb-06</TD><TD>24-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>Giselle</TD><TD>0.3 </TD><TD>10.0 </TD><TD>3 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></center>

Baby Zi Jie

380628.jpg

less than 01 mth old...

380629.jpg

on the day of baby shower...hair kena shaved off... botak...

380630.jpg

4 days ago...

380631.jpg

one of the rare moment that he's sleeping...

to all the mums who are feeling frustrated cos of active bb...

dun worri... u are not alone... i everyday oso feel like killing my boi...

he never sleep in the day... even if he does its oni for 15min n he will wake up... sarong, rocker, pacifier all no use... must carry him walk here walk there... sometime carry him he oso buay song... he will keep twisting n turning n crying in ur arms until almost drop him... when he cranky, nobody can tahan him.. he's the king of the house liao...

my back breaking, wrist very pain... i dun even have time to bathe or have dinner until hubby come home...

he oni cranky at home... when he's at my mum's place or SIL's place, he's an angel... sleep soundly after every feed for 2-3hrs... even if awake oso no need to carry him... hai... i wonder y...
sad.gif

Claire,
Won't be making baby hair brush. I thought of making the name stamp with both hair and cord. Dunno how much it cost hor?

<font color="ff0000">IVory</font>
Xin ku ni le.
happy.gif
I guess all of us face different set of problems. My gal will open her eyes big big from 8/9pm onwards, won't sleep till like 12 midnite. But in the day, she is super easy to take care. Sigh. I am so tired. And at nite, she will wake up every 2 hrs to drink milk. By the time I burp her and so on.. where got enuf time to sleep? And I will hv to get up again towards early morning to express milk, if not, breasts feel super engorged.
sad.gif

Regard Teats:
For mummies using Avent bottles, when do u upgrade to No. 2? I have tried using No. 2 since yesterday after noticing she takes a long time to suck and always fall asleep. Then I realised the No. 1 teat is really too slow for her. Now she is so much happier drinking her milk, and faster too, which is very good for me, if not, the caregiver will really doze off while feeding her man. Hahahahah..

<font color="ff0000">Lenny</font>
I think what you bought is called Waist Nipper lah. I went to the website to check, and following the product code that you gave me. Is it comfy to wear? Alot of hooks hor. My auntie is selling a kind of slimming pants too. Actually not only pants, they hv got other outfit like bras etc. Retailing at $500+ but she says can give me disct to $300+. Wonder if i shld buy. I see results from my other relatives.

Claire: U know what... our gal are having the same name... hehe... i also haf c-section and only recovered (can move ard like in the past)only after 2 weeks... then i before i went back to remove the stitch then i remove the binder that i bought at TMC..
Longan/drink: u only haf this to drink leh.. cause if u take plain water will shui zhong one..i also drink till i wan to vomit liao.. hehe but heng ah..coming to end of confinement tis wed so my mom let me drink ribena w normal plain water (better than nothing) and drink soya bean drink... :p
U powder ur gal buttock ah?? dun powder leh... i usin the Pureen nappy rash cream also... not bad leh...

Bul: the FM container no indicate ah?? for my gal's Mamil Gold, they put like tat:
2-4 weeks - 120ml (6-7 feeds a day)
1-2 months - 150ml (5-6 feeds a day)
2-4 months - 180ml (5-6 feeds a day)
4-6 months - 210ml (4-5 feeds a day)
4-6 months onwards - 240ml (4-5 feeds a day)
Xinru is takin abt 100+ml at this moment...

Ivory: Can help update my gal's name... Lim Xinru thanks ya...

gingerale,
hehe. thanks. she takes on her daddy.

babycutie,
ya, think my girl takes on much of her daddy's side of the family.. the lot of hair too.
envy you lah.. now tummy small small liao.
btw, she's taking enfalac A+ too and we actually started with the improved version. didnt know abt the older version. she was using similac at 1st but stools too watery. i asked PD if we can change immediately (cos my mom advised to change progressively) and doctor said can. only that baby might not get used to the sudden change of taste/smell. so maybe from old enfalac to improved one, wont be a problem? not so sure.

feza,
your baby fair and has much hair also! must take on her parents ;)
i also took jamu at first but later was advised against it cos my baby had jaundice and if breastfeeding, jamu might make it worse. myMS also low.. the most i ever pumped out was 80ml but that was only once. now if can get 10ml lucky already. but that is maybe becos my girl didnt latch on too frequent or proper enough and i only pumped out twice a day so slowly my MS decrease. i gave up liao. for you maybe can still work on it.

Hi SunshineKid

Started using no.2 teat after she was one week old.
Told my maid to punch one more hole on the no.1 teats so as not to waste it.

Oh, didn't know it's called the waist nipper, maybe that's the new model ? It looks like an ordinary corset to me with the hooks. All corsets are not comfortable to wear because of the wires underneath and the tightness therefore getting the right size is important too.
RE: slimming pants, how does it work ? dun think it will help shed the kilos, more for firming/toning flabbiness ?

Hi Claire

I dun powder her buttocks, read that it's not good to use powder and I didn't powder my 2 gals.
For diaper cream, best brand so far is desitin creamy. can only get it from PD or thomson pharmacy (maybe other hospital pharmacies might carry it too).

Claire: cause if u put powder on the buttock, when she urine or pass motion, it will cause nappy rash... tis is wat i understand lah...
happy.gif

chenoa

no, i'm using her sis called katijah. thought was feza using her. my sis wan to compare katijah package n nisah package... c who's better. Katijah told me her sis in this line for 15yrs alreday n herself 6yrs... so u using nisah? how's her package like?

Siewlng
Don't stress! Take one step at a time. I was quite burnout too during the first few days without CL,especially when my bb wants to latch every time she wants to sleep. But later got myself adjusted.

First, try not to carry bb too much. She will get used to and cry when no one is around. I try to train my bb - put her down after every feeding. She will cry but you will start to learn to differentiate which is the real cry vs cry for attention. So i tend to ignore the cry for attention and do my work.

Now my bb only wakes once for feeding during night. She sleep about 4-5 hours and sometimes 6 hours. The trick that i use is make sure she doesn't sleep (deep sleep) from evening till about 10pm or so. I put her in the living room and have the TV or music on.... sometimes she will fall asleep but she will not be in deep sleep due the the noise... he he he. Also, hubby comes home from work around this hour - so ask hubby to play with her while i go and cook.

2nd trick is i bath her twice a day - once in the morning and once around 5-6pm. Bathing makes my bb feel fresh and sleepy after that. So easy to make her sleep after bathing.

I continue to learn her habit and try to see how i can manage my time more efficiently. i hope i have given you some tips. with these, i still can manage to cook, clean the house ( i mop the floor every day)+ other stuff.

Take it easy ok

Feza
Elly looks like you leh... So fair....
As per hospital cost, your cost is after Medisave deduction or before?

Mine is around $3k plus + baby is $4k plus before deduction. Wah not cheap to have a bb

bbcutie
i just bought a sarong sling on saturday, havent try to use it leh. I bought so that it is easy to bring bb out.

Is yao lan good? i'd decided not to have yao lan for my bb. Once she is used to it, i have to bring yao lan every where i go.... so troublesome.

I have done the baby hair brush and cord stamp? cost me about $200 plus altogether. there are variety of brush designs, some are cheaper and some are very expensive, depending on your liking. the cord stamp is about $88.

Hi gals,
like to check with u all who does not give their baby pacifer? My MIL keep wanting to give it to baby Elvin but i refused. My MIL also not very supportive on me giving Elvin breastmilk. She worry that my milk wont have enough nutrients for Elvin. She keep say wan to give him formula.

Venus,
U leave ur bb to cry if she ask for attention only? My boi will cry louder n louder until he is like screaming kind.....then have to pick him up liao. Guess every child is different. My boy doesn't sleep well in the day, will wake up after you put him dowm after 5-10mins. How to train a baby to fall asleep on their own? He will play on his own if he is in good mood, if not he will cry to be carried.

Hi Jappooh

For my eldest gal, my confinenement nanny told us to give pacifier when she was only a week old and we did, not knowing much at that time. For my second baby, my confinement nanny did not encourage pacifier and I don't see the need to.
For breastfeeding, it's important that the nursing mother takes in nutritious food so that the nutrients will pass on to the baby throug breastmilk. Note that if bm is frozen, the antibodies will be wasted. So far, I chilled my expressed bm in the chiller compartment in the fridge for a few hours. If your mil is concerned, perhaps you can bring her along to the doc/pd and let the doc convinced her about breastfeeding.
happy.gif

sally,

my girl look like me but the hair is from her dad.. but one thing confirm she never follow us dunno follow who is her height.. i think she s tall.. even her feet and hands are long..

venus,

my hospital bill is for both mother and child b4 deduction i think.. i never look at the bill properly.. all settled by my hubby coz too sick at that time to look..

ilim,

i never use nisa or khatijah.. i used a family friend..

i think some of you know that i was so into breast feeding for my girl during pregnancy... but now i dun even have enough to give my bb.. one more thing is bout pacifier, i did nt want to give my girl pacifier but to soothe her sometimes i would use it on her coz whether or not she s hungry she would have this sucking motion on her lips.. but if she had enough of the pacifier, she would spit it out.. so i m not all that concern..

to all those stress out mothers, i now finally understand the meaning of stress..

Babycutie / sally cinnamon,
wat did u all do to give up bf completely? Mus take any medication to stop the BM? my MS oso very low( same as Sally cinnamon), so i tink it's better to stop than to underfeed my ger..

Venus,
i oso bought the sarong sling.. i find it quite gd coz it's quite easy to use.. somemore i tink my ger like to be inside... she slept all the way..
happy.gif

hey ginger,

thanks.. yupz i m finally back..

bbcutie / sally / bb ger,

my ms is so low.. my breast dun even hurt.. sometimes i only pump like a few day once.. then get a pathetic 20ml.. it s not even enough for one feeding.. my dotter poor thing..

feza

My ms oso low but will try to pump out al least 4 times a day, dun give up... the more u stress the lesser ms u have. Me ask hb to buy fenugreek for me, will try n c will it increase my supply anot.

Hi bb ger

If you wanna stop breastfeeding, dun stop abruptly or else you might get blocked ducts.
Continue to express out but at longer intervals, i.e. express out every 5 hrly and gradually stretch it.

You can still supplement with FM i.e. continue to express out your BM and give it to your gal before the FM milk and then after she finished tge BM, give her the FM to top it up.

I started with 20-40 ml in the first week too, and realised that using the hand to squeeze out the milk works better than the electric or manual pumps. I drank alot of logan tea and milk too to quench my thirst and now gradually am able to express between 50-100 ml (max) but I am still giving her FM cos what I expressed out was not sufficient.

Hi Feza

The more frequent you pump, the more you will get gradually. How about experssing every 2-3 hrly even if it's little cos it will stimulate the milk ducts to produce more ?

Your baby gal is very pretty
happy.gif

feza,
my situation exactly like urs.. initially feel so sad coz i thot i can bf as long as i can den can save some $ on FM.. nw can't anymore...
sad.gif

wat brand of FM u gave ur ger?

jasminesym...
my boi same as yours... 5min after put him in cot he will start to "eh eh" a few times n nobody pick him up, he will start crying louder n louder n in less than 10 secs, tears will flow generously all over his face n his cries will becum screams n he can cry so hard until no sound come out anymore... how not to carry him? how to leave him to carry on crying... it will oni cause me end up more stressed n phobia ah...

Lenny,
i have tried to pump every 3-4 hrs at first, but the MS is so low... nt even 10ml per breast.. my mum doesnt like me to give BM and FM at the same feeding to my ger, she say will cause her to have stomachache.. u noe lah, old ppl r like tat.. they din bf last time so they all thot FM is better than BM.. i oso tried to squeeze out my BM, but onli manage to get a few drops and more painful so i stick to my electric pump.. but then again, the MS still very low..
sad.gif

hi all,

Need some advice...cos my boy now sleep at day and awake from 11pm till 6 am.no matter how i wake him up at day ,he still can sleep peacefuly back but at night show started liow he wil open eye big big even after feed stil dont want to sleep.me ,my wife and mom now got to on shift wrk liow.

Any ways to switch back his day and night.

Re: sarong sling
jarren lk dun like the sarong sling lei i borrowed and tried on him.. when he quiet, he let me sling but less than 5 mins he cry n struggle ..*faint*

Re : stressed out mummy after confinement
siewlng, dun so stress and depress and negative lah.... jia you... we all encourage one another one mah =) i also v tired but stil it's matter of mentality. if u refuse to accept u cant handle, u ll b able to handle haha tis is what works on me... everybody around me say i cant handle my bb on my own, i BU GAN YUAN wanna show everyone i can do it then now i did it lor i keep self encourage myself positively and take everything at own stride lor... now everyone's spec drop haha smmore my bb v difficult to tk care even my mum also buay tahan him and alway push him bk to me when i br him to her hse

Re : pacifier
i give my boy pacifier but v seldom lor... he sm x hate it bit sm x can suck and fall asleep but wil spit out once he had enuf

Re : yao lan
i dun wanna let my boy zzz on yao lan cos i scare he used to it then i faint meh alway must rock lei

Re : let bb fall asleep on his own
how to huh? my boy must carry and pat him then he will zzz one lei i such a failure meh

i ask some ques to the Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group (Singapore) and they replied so share w u all :-
1. If i pump 120ml EBM and my baby only drink 70ml, can i fridge the other 50ml or shd i throw away?
>> Actually it'll be better to store your EBM in 70ml pack, this way it easier to heat up the ebm for one feed and at the same time minmise wastage. For ebm that is being heat up and baby has drank, the ebm can only be store for 4 hours starting from the time the ebm is being heat up. That is if the ebm is being heated up and offer to baby at 12pm, baby cannot finish, you can place it aside and offer to baby later, however the ebm must be throw away at 4pm.

2. Do I need to warm room temperature EBM before I give my baby to drink?
>> not neccessary, depends on the baby's preference.

3. What are the food i should avoid since i am breastfeeding?
>>Alcohol. For other food just eat a balance diet and in moderation.

4. If my boy is drinking 100ml milk and i only express 60ml breastmilk, can i add 40ml formula milk to the 60ml EBM and let my boy drink?
>> We would advice to seperate the 2 and not mixed them together. Offer the breastmilk fir st before offering the formula milk.

5. Is it true that we should not wear wired bra since we are breastfeeding else will affect milk supply?
>> A well-fitted underwired bras would not affect milk supply. Only a ill-fitted under wired bras might cause blocked ducts. So you need to buy a wired bras of the right size and wear it correctly, ther e'll be no effects to the milk supply.

6. can we color and rebond our hair now that we are stil breastfeeding?
>> Yes you can, there's no study that has proven any relation between hair bonding and treatment with breastfeeing.

feza

Elly looks so much like you!!! And so fair!

haha, I also low MS.
sad.gif
Trying very hard to increase it. Now trying the papaya soup. The fenugreek gives me diarrhoea...

I gave my boy FM and end up my MS dips even lower. Think may not be wise to give so much FM... Now cutting back again.

mashy
i give my boy FM also but my MS increasing slowly lei .. nowadays i bcom can pump 400+ml a day since last wk.. b4 dat was always abt 300ml.. i pump 3x a day

Re :nappy cream
i using drapolene.. so far so good lor..

Re : upsize teats
my boy started using no 2 teat last wk

Re : upsize diaper
my boy started wearing S size yesterday only

just brought him to PD and he is now 4.9kg... the nurse say he weighs a bag of rice hahaha

Hi bb ger

What I did was - if I express out 50-60 ml, I will store in the fridge, and wait for another round of expression of 50-60 ml and store in the fridge. When they reach the same temperature (in teh fridge), then can mix them into one bottle and put in the warmer for the next feed. i.e. the bottle will contain between 90-120ml of milk combined together. IT's more like one feed on FM, next feed on BM.

Fenugreek gives me rashes, was told it contains pollen.

<font color="ff0000">Feza</font>
I understand how u feel about wanting badly to breastfeed but not able to do it. Are u latching Elly? It is important to latch her in order to establish the initial production of breast milk. If not, u can also pump out but u have to be very very hardworking. U can try to pump every 3-4 hrs, I mean, really every 3-4 hrs and not miss it. This is a way to tell ur breasts that ur baby needs the milk. Then ur MS will gradually increase. I also started off with very little milk, but after 1 week, the supply will come in.
happy.gif

Take care, dun stress! Stress will affect milk supply u know.

Claire/Amanda,
I used powder on both my kids and they don't have any nappy rashes leh.
Claire what type of powder did u use?

Sally Cinnamon,
I have written email to Meadjohnson and one of their customer service called me this morning. The difference between the old and new packing is that they increase the amount of CHOLINE from 4mg to 12mg. And there will be no problem in totally switching bb from the old to the new powder. Which is true because my old FM has ran out on Saturday and I gv my boy the new FM and there is no problem.

Venus,
If u can, don't give yao lan. Because once they get hooked, that's it. Very difficult to bring them out. But if really no choice, then that would be the last straw lor.

R u a SAHM? If u r and have the patience, u can do some experiment on yr bb when he gets cranky at night and don't want to sleep with various kind of method. Usually occurs around 3rd - 5th mth. If u can lun pass these mths and find a way of getting yr bb to sleep without sarong, then it should be fine.

For me I can't. I have to go back to work after 3rd mth. Hence my mum and maid will take care of my bb at night. My mum sure complain if bb gets cranky every night and she don't gets to sleep properly (she is 73 already). We will definitely ends up with sarong.

bb_ger,
I did not take anything to stop the MS. I believe u also like me, yr breast don't feel full all the time right? U can live with it even if u don't pump for the day right? If so, then u can just leave it lor. Slowly the supply will stop. But do expect to get leaks once in a while.

The supply on my left breast has stopped. Once in a while, my right breast still leaks. When I squeeze the nipple, there is still some milk comes out. Eventually it will stop by itself.

Back