(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Hi,
can anyone help enlighten me on what the gymboree class is like?? In any case, I'll put my name down first. Any idea when will it be held and where?

RE: gymboree trial!
1) SY
2) SL
3) Denmy
4) Flo
5) cookie
6) Esh_mummy
7) Cheng
8) Clare
9) carrot soup

as for the aquaducks classes, I can only make it for Sat classes... so if you are organising it on Sat, do let me know.

Hi mummies,.

Have your ever away from baby for more than 1 day?

I might need to bring my bb back to Indonesia next year and she will stay there with my mum for 2 weeks but without me. As MIL has been 1 yr didnt go for holiday. She will go holiday every year,..sometimes 3 times a yrs. Like last yr before bb born.. she went 3 times in a yr 2005.
She will be going to Nepal next yr'07 in March.

I might need to let her stay with my mum...

Anyone of your here try before?

carrot_soup
i think gymboree class will have some play and music for the kids. hee, actually i m not too sure but usually that's what all the classes are abt.

linda
i have been away from my bb max 2 days. that was only when i was sick.

how come u need to let her stay with your mum? are you and hb able to take turns to take leave? or can ask your MIL to go when there's public holiday so you and your hb no need to take so many days leave?

Cheng,

dun worry lar.. mine teeth was born yellow too.. but i have very good set of teeth thou small and yellow but very good.. even the dentist is supprise.. i still have some milk teeth.. you believe?

linda,
i've been away from baby quite many times already. when i went away for company retreat in Nov, she was at MIL's for 3N. My recent trip to Tokyo, 7N. Whenever i'm sick, i also leave her overnight at MIL's.

The first time, you will feel sad to be apart from baby, but subsequently its ok. In fact, sometimes i'm glad to have a break. :p

Hi SY

MIL has confirm with her fren,....is 2 weeks holiday to Nepal....and think she has paid for the cost. And think she might go for another holiday next year after june.....She is travel QUEEN....Hb told me she has been travel a lot
since my hb was 13 yrs old. She got a lot of photo album from her holiday. My SIL also same
happy.gif
this yr she went to hongkong with preggy about 7 mths with her hb and her 4 yrs old son.

I got only a limited leave and hb also busy with the project. I dont think he can handle my girl.

i've been away from bb when me n hb went bangkok in october... for abt 4nites too, n in order nt to let mil get too tired, i've arrange for mil to care for her 2 nites, n my mum 2 nites...keke
sure miss her a lot despite only 4nites...

RE: Elijah Birthday Bash

Please update me on who is coming coz..at least i know who to expect.. i hope to have a group photo with the mummies, babies and elijah
Place: savannah Condo park function room
Time : 5pm

1) Aden family
2) Ethan family
3) Daren family,

when i'm out for meeting for whole day during saturdays, my hubby will take care of eshley...

Linda, it's a good time to let father n gal bond during that period... n it's high time u let hb try taking care of baby for a short period while u'r nt ard. try now perhaps at first for abt 1-2 hours, then gradually to abt half a day then proceed to a day, n u'll be surprise how well they can in fact handle our gals.... :p

Chickenlittle
I dun think i can jon RP mummies lunch. You know la my lunch hr super strict... last round I only have time to say hi-bye and eat a bun.

Tracy
Can keep my set with you? I think I will go your house to collect lor... shun bian let Kaelyn play with Megan

re gymboree
each class is only max abt 10-11 babies so once we hit abt 11, i think we cannot take in more names.

1) SY
2) SL
3) Denmy
4) Flo
5) cookie
6) Esh_mummy
7) Cheng
8) Clare

Re: aquaducks,

In that case, should we split into 2 weekend then? How about 7 Jan and 14 Jan 4.00pm? Unless you prefer to have it on Sat instead?
1) SY
2) Flo (ok with both dates)
3) Cookie (prefer 7th Jan)
4) Denmy
5) Clare
6) Celine77
7) Cheng (ok for both dates)
8) Esh Mummy- Prefers 7th Jan morning Thks. :)
9) sunny
10) Annie
11) Chicken Little
12) Cindy

RE: X'mas Present for Colleagues
May I know what are u all giving to ur colleagues for x'mas? I just joined the company so dun wish to spend too much or too little on it. Any suggestions or can I know what u all are giving? Abt $5 per person what can I buy? Any suggestion where to get?

halo all...

been busy wf the accounts closing,was rushing like mad these few days...finali can let my hair down now... whew!

May - if i were you,mabbie rocher will do. afterall u are stil new and a little thot is good enuf. they do sell those 5 rochers in a small box,can give as pressies...oni bout $2 each i think.

Re :RP lunch
i should be able to join now tat i have finished my close-off... when and where har???

1) Aden family
2) Ethan family
3) Daren family
4) Celeste & family

thanks for the invite Rena... look forward to seeing handsome Elijah soon...

Tracy,
If the card is thick like a photograph and you cut on the underside of it, the whole will only be at the back right?

SY,
Ya lor...hb said maybe we should get away this x'mas but we will be busy moving so i guess that's it liao.. no more travelling until 1 year later. And by then Ethan will be in P1 so we'll have to fight with the other ppl during the peak seasons... stress...
sad.gif

Clare,
Try Action city at Plaza Sin, they used to have this small pooh, piglet and eeyore figurine with rounded bottom like humpty dumpty. Quite cute.

Tracy,
Otherwise you just pass my sets to rena too to make it simple for you. Dun have to arrange again.

May,
Is it a norm they have to give individual gift ? if no, what about getting a box of goodies to share with the colleagues ?

Homestay in Japan,
They are a family club which focus of learning 7 langauges. Of Course , they only pick up the spoken language from tapes. Can do simple conversation in English. But quite fun. Just let me know I am more willing to help let everyone experience this wonderful culture exchange.

Linda,
When I went on my Taipei trip , when I am not feeling well, my gal is sick and my short trip to Batam, Aden is with nanny. You just have to let her get used to your mum since she is not her usual caregiver then should be ok. Make sure what she needs during sleep is there like for my gal we never leave home without her hippo

Joanna,
I brought Ethan to our local dentist when his 1st tooth dropped off sometime beginning of this year. Thought of introducing him to a dentist so he wouldn't freak out later on. He looked at his teeth and said they were very well maintained and healthy and that's it. It made me feel quite silly at first as there wasn't a problem with him and the dentist signalled that we can go liao... but I suggested that he show Ethan how to brush his teeth properly now that his adult teeth are coming. Which he did and it was quite informative actually.
happy.gif

Mamapanda,

No problems if you don't want the cream. I can always sell them off. Or use them myself. : )

rena,
thanks for the invite! I have church activities on 23 Dec. I might wanna pop by just to say hi to all the mummies but pls don't count us in for food. Thks!

carrot_soup,
gymboree is a bit of tumbletots, a bit of kindermusic.

Linda
Toy sales
Thanks for the info,
but i think this sat morning i go most toys gone liao ba.
sleepingdeer
U going this sat? I meet u if so? Any mummies joining?

Linda & sleepingdeer
U may email me at [email protected]

Rena
I'll let u noe when i collecting, mostly sun morning at commonwealth mrt, near my mum's hse ma
Thanks. Every sat i'll bring my son to my mum's plc ma. Thanks

Sy
U meeting rena anywhere? If so can pass my book to her (Rena if u don mind, as sy living very far le. My book is still with her ma) Or when we meet in jan birthday bash pass to me can too. hehe. so sorry as your collection plc is too far for me. No car ma. Thanks for your help too.

REGARDING HEALTHY TIME CEREAL
Any mummies let their bb try? I just open up the pack but the texture is very different from Heinz, nestle cereal, so i'm not sure is it safe to eat or not le. Any advice? The cereal colour is like plastic le.

wendy

i've been feeding my boy HT cereal for a long time. It's ok. I thot it looks like Nestum. The texture after adding water is the same too :p

mashy

The cereal is like very shiny type right? hehe
Thanks alots
happy.gif
Nestum? where selling this brand? hehe. Wan my son to have more choices ma.

mashy

The colour is very shiny type not the same as nestle cereal le. is it spoil? Hai i believe these two days my nanny feeding him for breakfast?

Chicken Little,
okiez. i'll pass your set to Rena.

Cookie,
i'll keep your set with me.
happy.gif

1) Aden family
2) Ethan family
3) Daren family
4) Celeste & family
5) Tracy & family

wendy

hmm, i think so. it's like flakes. U know the Nestle's Nestum Cereal that we usually take (for adults)? I looks like those. If you're not sure, try it yourself. If it's ok, should be alright lor.

How's your boy taking it? Any diarrhorea etc? If not should be ok ba.

re gymboree
each class is only max abt 10-11 babies so once we hit abt 11, i think we cannot take in more names.

1) SY
2) SL
3) Denmy
4) Flo
5) cookie
6) Esh_mummy
7) Cheng
8) Clare

In that case, should we split into 2 weekend then? How about 7 Jan and 14 Jan 4.00pm? Unless you prefer to have it on Sat instead?
1) SY
4) Denmy (14 Jan)
5) Clare
6) Celine77
9) sunny
10) Annie
11) Chicken Little
12) Cindy

mashy

He ok le. hehe i nv try Nestle's Nestum Cereal b4 ma. thanks alot. think should be ok ba.
The portion is very little ah. full serving is 5 tablespoon right? but my nanny told me is less than half serving than the usual heiz he ate le.

re gymboree

1) SY
2) SL
3) Denmy
4) Flo
5) cookie
6) Esh_mummy
7) Cheng
8) Clare
9) Chicken Little

By the way, where will the class be leh ?

1) SY
4) Denmy (14 Jan)
5) Clare
6) Celine77
9) sunny
10) Annie
11) Chicken Little ( 14 Jan please)
12) Cindy

Linda & sleepingdeer
U may email me at [email protected]

Rena
I'll let u noe when i collecting, mostly sun morning at commonwealth mrt, near my mum's hse ma
Thanks. Every sat i'll bring my son to my mum's plc ma. Thanks

Sy
U meeting rena anywhere? If so can pass my book to her (Rena if u don mind, as sy living very far le. My book is still with her ma) Or when we meet in jan birthday bash pass to me can too. hehe. so sorry as your collection plc is too far for me. No car ma. Thanks for your help too.

RE: Food

I just had a very heavy lunch at a Korean Restaurant the building next to Waraku (East Coast). The Korean restaurant is on the second storey. There's a new Burger King outlet on the first storey.
happy.gif

Korean Restaurant: Very elaborate......... Like the way the King eats in Da Chang Jin show. Lots of dishes. The appetiser ARE enough to kill man....Different type of Kimchis, salad, potato And the BBQ meat is very tender! Beef, chicken, pork - all very tender and nice! The kimchi is nice too. The restaurant is big and cosy. For people who wants to try the authetic Korean food, this is the place. even their chopsticks is steel. I had a hard time getting use to the heavy chopsticks.
happy.gif

wendy

haha, i've never measured how much cereal i put in the bowl. I just pour out onto the bowl and mix it to the consistency that he usually takes.

Hi Wendy,
you can get earthbest cereal from vitakids at forum and Brown rice paradise at Tanglin mall.

Hi yuki,
The way you describe the food makes me hungry! Drool, drool!

wendy
the HT cereal is like that. in face my boy loves it..

i will it to u during the bash i guess...

mamapanda
i think i saw u at centrepoint just now. were u shopping there?

denmy
yah man, once our kids go pri sch, hol can only be planned ard their sch hol..can be a pain...

may
i think u cna just buy chocolates. dun need to be too elaborate...

Hi Sharon,

I don't fancy Korean food but this is really an experience for me.

Guess what, after all the meat, they serve soup to wash down all the fats. And the soup come with rice......By then we are so full already. Very wierd feeling cos Chinese always eat rice first and with meat mah. The soup they serve during the appetiser is cold, with ice!! Ha Ha.

It is really an experience!
happy.gif

To add on, i dare not eat first, observing how the rest eats, in case the 'soup' is for washing hands etc... like when we eat seafood, there;s always a bowl on liquid with lemon for us to wash our hands...........

yuki
hahaha! So funny. really a clever way of being safe 1st by observing the rest. hehehe sounds like quite an experience

Re: Advice needed on Hainan dialect wedding customs.
Hi mummies, anyone here or hb's here are Hainanese and had a customary wedding according to the Hainanese practices? My good friend and her hb-to-be are both Hainanese and the funny thing is, their parents don't really know what practices are used. Kindly PM the details if you know what's to be done.

My hb and I are cantonese, so might be differnt from them.

may
$5.00... you can also go Aussino and buy some of their face or hand towel. A practical gift.
I even bought the 3 for 9.95.. so I wrap them separately and give...but some big some small lor..
I have to give abt 20++ pple.. so the small ones Ijust give to those not so close one.
But if u just join.. u have to judge

May
Haha. So what did you guys do? Am consolidating notes before presenting it to my friend.

SY
Oh wow! Thanks! It'll be great with you could help me find out the list of details and items exchanged during the Guo Da Li. haha. my friend appointed me as her wedding planner.

Hi Mummies,.

Rena bb birthday function Savanna Condo Park is actually the place I hold the birthday party for my bb. Whoaaaaa so PENG QIAO. Only the date is different.. a week after her bb son birthday than is my bb birthday.

Hi Chicken Little and Es Mummies
Thank you for your advise.....
happy.gif

RE: BB
Something funny to share.
Yesterday MIL brough her to AMK hawker centre and bought Noodle. MIL was carried her and at the same time MIL took $2 notes from her wallet. My bb was got the $2 from MIL hand and due to MIL was busy to keep her wallet...than BB took $2 and called the aunty in her own language....ah...ah,,,ah...eh..eh,,,aaaaaaaaa with hold the $2 and give it to aunty...
The aunty was so surprise and MIL too. She knw MIL wanna to paid the aunty. This is because She always went to kopitiam with MIL and everytime MIL will buy food and get the cash from wallet.

Linda
RE BB
Ya i believe bb at this stage, can understand better ba. Like my son, Whenever i can, i'll ask him where's mummy, daddy, etc, he'll point at us. so happy. He also know tv, fan, tree, bus, motor, lorry, car casr and etc too. hehe. He'll point it to me when i ask him. of course i'll praise if he's correct loh. Now i start teaching him Abc liao. but he since don like to study le. hee lazy fellow ah. IF he's interested in things, he'll listen to wat we say if not he wont even wonder me loh. But very cute hahaha. ya i also wan to teach him 123 soon ba. maybe ask nanny to teach him 123 while at home, i teach him abc ba. Pardon me that i wrote so much on this, hehe as really glad he's learning things ma. I believe all mummis will be very happy when their bb learn news things everyday ba.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi Esh Mummy,.

Thanks and recently she got a lot thing that really surprise me.
MIL toilet train her and ask her to pass motion...
with the sound eh.....eh...eh...she will really follow and really got Ta pien come out.
She doesnt like toys at all...she only like to watch tv show with got a people singing and also TVB hongkong drama at SCV. Especially the new show at SCV now the show start at 9:00pm. The actress is XUAN XUAN. She likes the man that his name is AWANG. Whenever she saw AWANG talking and laugh..she will also follow and crap her hand or sometime with sad face if she saw AWANG crying.
And nowdays is easy to ask her to kiss MIL, father in law and hb. She really will open big mouth and with a sound aaahhhhhhh than kiss their face or nose.
I think right now she start developing and growing up.

Back