(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

yup... dat's good... :)
oh tink i may get mil to toilet train Eshley now... hope it's not too late...hehe
Can get the caretaker to show HI-Five to BB, Mon-Fri at 5pm... if she likes to watch pple singing, then most prob she'll like this show called "HI-FIVE"..

Happy watching....

Hi Mamachan,

Yes, it was an experience. Feel like i am in Da Chang jin and i tried to use the metal spoon and taste the food like what they did in da Chang Jin. Thnk my hubby will be very interested cos he is into the Da Chang Jin show! ha ha. Keep telling me garlic is good for health cos that's what they said in the show.

Hi MAshy,

Yes. towards the end of it, they also say that the rice is served last in China.

Hi Linda and WendyHeng,

Wow! Your babies are very smart!
happy.gif
I find it harder to teach megan things as i have to divide my attention.........

Mummies of 2,

Do you notice any difference in both of your children? Care to share? For me, my elder gal is extremely easy to take care in terms of her temprement. She also can point to alot of things and recognise from photos who is who...even the extended family by 10 months old. Can speak a lot of words by 18 months.

Megan, on the other hand, is still into pointing things, can call Jie Jie and dad but not ma (sob sob)......

In terms of mobile skills, both can walk a little by 11 months old.

I am wondering if it was the time i spend with my elder gal that she picks things up easily or it's really individual...........

wendy

your boy so smart.

my boy till now still doesn't seem to understand what we say. like say where's mommy & daddy? he look somewhere else. totally doesn't listen to us. he's just easily distracted and will go and look for his own toys and play.
sad.gif

Hi Yuki,.

Think this is depend on individual....some bb is easy to teach and really fast. Like my girl she right now only have 4 teeth only compare to other mummies bb....my bb is slow.
Dont worry about that as long as she is grow well than is fine.
happy.gif

My one is really super active and like shopping. Right now she doesnt like walker anymore. She prefer crawling and walking ( Slowly slowly ) but sometime will fall down too. Cos she can took thing easyly from sofa or table. If with walker she cant even reach.

linda
wow, your gal so smart to hand the 2 note to the lady!!

yup all bb are so cute when they are learning, hee my boy likes to watch project superstar!!

mamachan
i will let u know once my fren ask her sis.
happy.gif

linda and wendyheng
wow! Your babies are very smart. tat's good to know.

Something to share too
Eversince Daren got to stroke the cat and we introduce the cat as "Cat" to him. Each time when we open the door and asked where is the cat he would look outside, coz the cat comes to our common corrider almost everyday. And when Daren sees the cat, he gets excited and tried to pronounce "Cat" but all you can hear is "Ct" the C and the T, he has yet to pronounce the vowel A. As of now, it doesn't really speak much but he understands when we ask him where are his few favourite items, i.e. bear (his teddy) and ball.

oh yah! Daren can kick his favourite ball. He's been attempting to kick the ball to watch it roll away from him as well as busy throwing it. It's really cute watching him.

esh mummy

think he's slow in learning to talk. he's always going mama, papa, dadee, but don't know whether he really understands what he's saying coz he can just rattle on 'mama, mama, mama' without looking at me.

so far he's crawling and cruising. been trying to stand without support. he loves to release his hands and stand without support. Like putting up a show when he does that. raised his hands and gave a cheeky face.

There's another gal in church, born just a few days before him, can walk steadily already. sigh.

oh is it? Mashy, i'm nt sure whether this is a myth or not, but pple sometime say that boys usually develop slower compared to gals...
n eshley's not walking yet either... but i'm not too worried abt this...

Cheers!

Linda,
Mashy had a boy i think..

RE: huggies

I tell you girls .. i really promise me that i will never use huggies pants ever again.. this is the second time the poo leak out from the diaper and stain his rocker..
OMG.. it is alot more..

angry man..

Hi Linda,

Hmmmm maybe. My elder gal is quieter in tempurement and can sit still to read books and play cards at 18 months. Megan is very active and can;t sit still. We stop using the walker cos she can climb out of it. Now she attempt to walk and if she fall, she will stand up again and walk. She will only crawl if she's in a hurry to join the Jie jie in whatever she's doing.

She's slow in term of speech as compared to my elder gal ashley but Megan understand thinsg very well. She knows exactly when to fake a cry. Sometimes when ashley accidentally knock her and we scolded ashley, she will use this chace to cry and manja......... but the same thing can happen and we did not scold ashley, she will continue doing her own things.

Here's a picture of Megan as if she's doing homework
happy.gif

614452.jpg

Denmy...thanks for the info...may bring my elder boy to the dentist....hehe...cos he has a rather big gap between his two front teeth due to some decay problems...that was when I wasn't too "hyper" about him brushing his teeth...

SY...I think I can answer your qn on behalf of mamapanda...yup...she was there at centrepoint and I met up with her for a short time...hehe....she went shopping...her daughter is SOOoooooooooooo cute too...like a little Japanese gal...

Mamapanda...hope your toe is much better liao...did you manage to get the things you wanted? It was raining rather heavily...I took a train down to Orchard and went Popular to buy new assessment books for my own reference for 2007! We MUST meet up again!
happy.gif

K...goodnite ladies....cya all tomorrow morning

wow wow...so many postings. managed to just browse thru.

Joanna - oh tat one at ginza plaza...i know its sakura fish resturant i think. yummy yummy!!!

re: travelling with bb
my hb and me quite willing to bring bb along for trips even though it will wear us out. after we went hk for 4 days without him, we decide to bring him to all the trips we go if possible as we really hate the missing part. although abit troublesome, we realise we actually enjoy more with him around and even wanna extend the stay.

re: toy fairs
haha anyone went to the fair already? any good buy to share? oh no..dun tempt me i still have toys from the previous fair still untouch. haha.. oh and please check those toys. i still have the faulty FP play and kick piano. called mattel thrice and they didnt call me back. so sad! so better check ur toys after purchase!

re: A* planner
yeah i watched it...it was quite fast though..didnt really manage to catch anyone except that you all looked very engrossed
happy.gif

mamachan/linda - hee ur bb are really very clever lei... so quick in learning to speak and couting money. haha...

wendyheng - HT cereal is like tat. shiny and looks plastic. dun worry its not spoilt.

re gymboree
each class is only max abt 10-11 babies so once we hit abt 11, i think we cannot take in more names.

RE: gymboree trial!
1) SY
2) SL
3) Denmy
4) Flo
5) cookie
6) Esh_mummy
7) Cheng
8) Clare
9) SSF

wendyhang
U bought healthy times oatmeal is it? My HT oatmeal is also like this but once u add milk, it'll become very smooth. BTW, I have a new box of Healthy Times mixed grain with me. I'm not going to feed it to my daughter cuz cereals and brown rice give her constipation. If your son can tahan cereals, maybe you can buy over my cereal for him but you've gotta come to my place to collect it. I stay at Bukit Panjang. If not, I'll sell it at the marketplace liao.

joanna
so u went shopping also? hee next time if go town during lunch time must call me. i work at somerset.

yuki
the pic of megan is so cute! is it those doodle board? hmm, great idea. i think i shd get one for JH.

rena
huggies really so bad?? sounds like it was a realyl bad leak.

Hi Yuki,
YOur bb like Big Jie Jie from the pict and really concentrate on her work....SO cute
happy.gif

Hi mummy
RE: TOYS Fair

I wemt on lunch time and there not many toys for bb and also the fishe price toys quite limited... But there is a lot BUNNY. like Bunny vacuum cleaner, bunny small ppiano etc. I saw a lot Barbie doll and those doll really nice and cheapest. There are a lots of cars for age up to 3 yrs old and also some small item.

RE: Swimming wear for BB
Any mummies know where can I get the swimming wear for bb from 12mth to 18mth?
Hi Rena,.
RE: HUGGIES
Really surprice me that huggie really bad.

Rena, thought I replied to your sms liao?
happy.gif

RE: Elijah Birthday Bash

Place: savannah Condo park function room
Time : 5pm

1) Aden family
2) Ethan family
3) Daren family
4) Celeste & family
5) Megan & family (Tracy, I kaypo, put Meg's name instead)
6) Kirsten & family

Oh yeah, got lobang to share again.
happy.gif

JWT Gym is offering a promotion for trial class at $16 only (normally its $40). It's only valid for this christmas season, so those interested in Gymboree may be keen on JWT too. Its at UE square. Call 63338511. If you are a Thomson FBI member, can get 10% discount if you sign up for their package.

Rena,
I also agree Huggies leaks..maybe too small for my Jamie's big backside. hehe...

Mamachan,
I will write out something when I am free in office tmr for ur fren.

Yuki,
Megan looks so engrossed in her activity.
Keenan is exactly like Megan, very active and more responsive than his big bro. Ethan on the other hand started talking at 12 mths and could concentrate on a task like jigsaw puzzle for a long time. He loves his books too and can just sit there and listen to us read without any fussing. Keenan just couldn't sit still at all. He will want to snatch the book away to chew on or just flip the pages on his own. I also believe it's becos we spent much more 1 to 1 time with our #1 when they were babies. With Keenan, I know I'm more relaxed with him so it could be the reason why he's not as fast as his big brother. But I think its ok la... every baby is different.

re gymboree
each class is only max abt 10-11 babies so once we hit abt 11, i think we cannot take in more names.

1) SY
2) SL
3) Denmy
4) Flo
5) cookie
6) Esh_mummy
7) Cheng
8) Clare
9) SSF
10) Chicken Little

I think I got overwritten so post again. By the way, where is the class held ?

re gymboree

1) SY
2) SL
3) Denmy
4) Flo
5) cookie
6) Esh_mummy
7) Cheng
8) Clare
9) SSF
10) Chicken Little
11) babylon (Tentative)

Can i have the date. Can only make it on sat.

gymboree
what's that ah? hehe

Sy
Regarding healthy time cereal
This morning my nanny said bb pass motion more than usual. In the past one day once but yesterday three time ah. so she think is because of this cereal le. I think maybe this brand make him digest faster? hehe i not sure should i let him continue today or not le

val,
geez...thanks. blur me again. i remember staring at the list hard to figure out put my name or baby's and i still got it wrong. the brain's not working....

mamapanda
I think is ok as now if u read my previous thread, he pass motion alot of times not sure is it suitable for him or not. I'll c how it goes ba. U may sell it in marketplace.
thanks

RE: Elijah Birthday Bash

Place: savannah Condo park function room
Time : 5pm

1) Aden family
2) Ethan family
3) Daren family
4) Celeste & family
5) Tracy & family
6) tabby & family

mamapanda
My son eating the mixed grain de. hehe
happy.gif
Funny ah your bb cant pass motion but mine pass more le. their system totally different. hehe

Linda
Ah toys is so limited ah. Like that i not going this sat liao loh. btw i reply your email and give u my contact no.

hi SY,

Yes, that's the doodle board.
happy.gif
Megan likes to scribble on it and end it with a few fullstop by poking the pen onto the board forcefully.
happy.gif

Hi Linda,

Thanks. She likes to bully the Jie Jie, haha

Hi demny,

Thanks for sharing. Yes i reckon we spent more one to one time with the elder one thus they pick up faster. I not not too worry about megan's progress cos like what you said, every child is different.
happy.gif
Enjoyinging both kids, watching them grow
happy.gif

Hi mummies

re gymboree

1) SY
2) SL
3) Denmy
4) Flo
5) cookie
6) Esh_mummy
7) Cheng
8) Clare
9) SSF
10) Chicken Little
11) babylon (Tentative)
12) wendyheng (Tentative)

Which date, time , plc and price?

Hi mummies

I think there's another type of class tr...... hehe i forgot how to spell it liao. I miss out the class last few mths ago.

Morning mummies,

Wow! the babies are so smart here. My gal seems to be developing slower in this sense.

Like Keenan, she can't stay still for us to read to her. She wants to flip the pages, snatch the book, chew on it, bite it. Hiaz. For me, initially I get upset, however, after a while, I just let her flip to whatever page she wants and "read" as in talk to her on that page and make up my own stories.

I do have concerns abt her cognitive development as she doesn't seem to be able to do things like pointing. She babbles but I couldn't make out her babbling. She ignores us sometimes when we call her name - not sure if she just plain can't be bothered to answer us (as this happens mostly when she's engrossed in something) or she doesn't know that her name's Charmaine.

Otherwise, in terms of motor skills, she's really developing very well. She can walk quite steadily by now. She can also sort-of-pull herself to a sitting position from lying down.

re gymboree
i m looking at the parkway branch.

wendyheng
there was a period of time when my boy passed motion abt 2 times a day. cos he started eating more so he passed more motion as well. now it's back to normal.

sl
JH likes to flip the pages to things that he knows to 'show off'. i have this book on shapes and he knows star so he is forever flipping to that page. now i taught him triangle, he will flip to that as well.

he can't talk yet as well. only babble but his babbling is so cute. it's a kind of interactive babble and he knows how to get us to do things already.

i dunno why he can't call mama yet again but just enjoying every min with him.
happy.gif

Hi mummies

re gymboree

1) SY
2) SL
3) Denmy
4) Flo
5) cookie
6) Esh_mummy
7) Cheng
8) Clare
9) SSF
10) Chicken Little
11) babylon (Tentative)
12) wendyheng (Tentative)
13) wennykoh (Tentative)

When, where and how much is this gymboree class?

Hi mummies,

On conference for 2 days and hence never log in.
Anyway,

RP mummies lunch on 19 December??
-AK - ok

Re: Travelling without BB
I travel every month for wk, initially was tough, at airport i will start crying and cry every nite in hotel. After many times, now not so bad....besides, i always think that when Ryan is all grown up, he will not remember this little episode of me not being around. I guess it will be tougher when he can talk (say around 2-4 yrs old) and so I am trying to cut down on travel.

Hi Sl,

I guess some babies just have their own character and want to do things their own way. So maybe when she's too engrossed, she doesn;t want any disturbance?

Like i share, both my gals have different personalities. Ashley is mild and i hardly have any problems with her when she's young. Now that she knows how to talk and argue, it's different matter. Megan, on the other hand, is a chilli padi. At seven months, she knows how to snatch Jie Jie's toys and even Jie jie's attempt to switch her toys also fails, she just got to get the item on her hands......... When she don;t get what she wants, she can slap and slap the table or whatevver is in front of her for many times and scream. And if she got the things she want only on the second attempt, she wave everything away in anger and scream again...........*headache*

Hi SY,

JH is so cute. He's also smart to know star and triangle!
happy.gif

-AK - ok
- SY - ok
-God's child - ok

where are we meeting for lunch? Republic or somewhere else??

Yuki,
we should let our Megans meet. They are rather similar in character. Wonder if its the name... My Megan is equally rough, snatching toys, screaming, throwing stuff around etc...very unladylike.

She refuses to try walking on hard surfaces. Only attempt walking on the bed and in the playpen.

In terms of speech, she picks up rather fast. Oh yes, somehow she likes to watch soccer...???

Hi Tracy,

Oh yea? Ha Ha. then they should meet.
happy.gif

Megan now can walk quite steadily. In terms of speech, not so fast.

Megan like to watch Hi-5 with Ashley and attempt to dance. Since she can stand without support, she tried to turn her body left and right whenever there's music. That's her way of dancing.
happy.gif

-AK - ok
- SY - ok
-God's child - ok
- Yuki - tentatively cannot (still based on site) if happen to be in HQ for meeting, then can join. Hopefully.

Back