(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Mamachan,
Nice meeting you yesterday...although I didnt get a chance to see Darren....By the way, how many children do you have? saw a big boy yesterday as well!

Flo,
No lah, not upset lah....its ok....anyway, I think "A" disappear liao....she kena suan until I feel so sorry for her....Now it has spread thru out the forum and everyone went into the thread to comment.

Rena,
What is Mei Yu?

mummies
check with you, can bb take black sesame powder? 'cos it's high in calcium, so, wondering if it's ok to give....

Hi mummies,

Cephas thanks you for the well wishes! Think he's the slowest in the teething dept. He had only 2 on the lower gums. All of a sudden, He's growing 4 in the upper gums. Fortunately, he's not having problems with them coming out!

His tee was bought from M&S-London. Meant for 6-9 months but u can see he still has room to grow in it :p His pants was meant to be 3/4s. When I came out from the room aft my mum dressed him up, I exclaimed "How come it's long pants!" Hee hee...

SSF - Congrats in getting the flat. Can enjoy doing it up now
happy.gif
I love doing up houses
happy.gif
Need help? Haha...

Rena - Good to hear abt your bonding time with HB
happy.gif

Hi Sysac,

Say Happy birthday to Cephas on our behalf!
happy.gif
Time really flies huh
happy.gif

Hi SSF,

Congratulations on getting your new flat. Thanks for sharing. I find it encouraging to see the Christian mummies here sharing and giving thanks.
happy.gif

Re: Santa hat
Went to the B1 atrium to check out santa hat for children...
asked around a few store.. only the 4th one sell.
But the plain one is out of stock!
in the end I bought one with a bit of sticker wth 2 colourful fake pleat... looks more for gals.
Cost 1.50
there is another one... got MERRY CHRISTMAS stick on it... not nice...

never go search further, may try again tomorroe...

mamapanda,

Mcclaren is expensive leh..

AK/ SSF/

I really understand how you feel when i did the BP for the bumbo i had the same experience too.. but since it is for all the mummies so it is worth it..

rena,
i bought a haenim bb stroller for caleb to be used at my mum's place. Light weight and easy to manage. Bought it from kiddy palace @ 100+

Morning mummies!

sysac,

Congratulations on a job well-done! Must be very satisfying to see Cephas grow so well and now he's one! that's a milestone.

queen,
thks for the post! that's very useful. are all those vitamins contained in BM as well?

re: steriliser
actually i also ask myself when to stop using all the special baby stuff. My fren actually use adult detergent since her baby turned 3 mths and stop sterilising but i m still sterilising. My boss says her PD said can stop sterilising once baby turned 1 but she continued anyways.

SSF,

Congrats on getting the flat you want. It's really great to stay near one's parents. No need to rush here and there everyday.

RE: Own Birthday Party
So curious want to know if anyone is holding the party on the same day as Jamie.

1) MayWong - 13 Jan
2) Esh_mummy - 13Jan07 (Esh's birthday falls on 12thJan, but celebrating on 13Jan07, Saturday... if this counts... hee hee.)
3) Chillies - 13 Jan (Born on 13 Jan)

today is my first day of work...finally got internet connection..so worry that i can't read the forum...

milk intake..
thanks for all mummies advise..i should take it easy...

Hello mummies!
Was away for the past 4 or 5 days as i spent the weekend in M'sia visiting relatives. Now busy with work and there're soooo many postings that i can't catch up!

Anyone can share what's happening in the May foruM? Don't really get it.

sysac,
Wow happy birthday to Cephas! So fast!
happy.gif
Time really flies huh!

SSF,
Congrats on your new home! U sure sound excited and happy!
happy.gif
Where's it located?

Re: birthday bash
What's the "30-40" you all put beside your names? The cost per pax for makan? I'm fine with anything. Is it a lunch or dinner thing? I'm presuming it's lunch!

Re. Birthday Bash
Date: 3rd February 2007, Saturday
Venue: The Committee (Chicken-Little, Rena, MamaChan, Sep03Bride, SSF) is now in the midst of shortlisting.

1) MamaChan - Either amount is ok for me.
2) Maywong - Go with majority
3) Sysac - Fine with any amt
4) Chicken Little
5) SL 30 - 40 per pax but tentative
6) Rena 30-40 per pax
7) sleepingdeer 30 - 40 per pax
8) Mamapanda, 10-30 per pax
9) God's child 30-40 perpax
10) Cookie $30 - $40 PER PAX
11) sept03bride
12) SSF $30 - $40 PER PAX
13) Tracy $30-$40 per pax
14) chillies $30-$40 per pax
15) Sy - 30-40 per pax
16) sunny (Do not need to cater meals for me)-$30 - $40 PER PAX
17) Clare - go with majority
18) wenyl - go with majority
19) Valerie $30-$40 per pax
20) queen - $30 - $40 PER PAX
21) denmy - go with majority
22) mongs
23) Flo - $30 - $40 Per Pax
24) Linda
25) babylon any venue & amount is fine
26) Wendyheng
27) wennykoh (30-40/pax)
28) Krissie
29) SH (30-40/pax)
30) Tabbiesus (30-40/pax)
31) cheng (30-40/pax)
32) Yuki (10-30/pax)
33) celwong (30 -40/pax)
34) Sharon Sum - any venue & amount is fine
35) Annie - (30-40/pax)
36) Durianlover - go with majority

So curious want to know if anyone is holding the party on the same day as Jamie.

1) MayWong - 13 Jan
2) Esh_mummy - 13Jan07 (Esh's birthday falls on 12thJan, but celebrating on 13Jan07, Saturday... if this counts... hee hee.)
4) peipei - 06 Jan 07. (Jayden BD is 12 Jan, but old pple are patang, wants to be earlier)

Hi Sysac,.

Happy birthday Cephas,..You are Big Boy now
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,..

How are your...has been 4 days did not read the threat....many to read
happy.gif

I'm sorry that did not contribute any idea for the Birthday Bash,
But if your need me to search for something,..please let me know,.will try my best to contribute
happy.gif

How are your mummies going to celebrated Christmas on this year with bb? I'm quite moody as hubby will be on business trip again and almost 3 weeks and back on 29 Dec
sad.gif

He promised to me that will back for bb birthday on 1 jan 2007. I will be alone to plan bb birthday party , catering and cake......

Re. Birthday Bash
Date: 3rd February 2007, Saturday
Venue: The Committee (Chicken-Little, Rena, MamaChan, Sep03Bride, SSF) is now in the midst of shortlisting.

1) MamaChan - Either amount is ok for me.
2) Maywong - Go with majority
3) Sysac - Fine with any amt
4) Chicken Little
5) SL 30 - 40 per pax but tentative
6) Rena 30-40 per pax
7) sleepingdeer 30 - 40 per pax
8) Mamapanda, 10-30 per pax
9) God's child 30-40 perpax
10) Cookie $30 - $40 PER PAX
11) sept03bride
12) SSF $30 - $40 PER PAX
13) Tracy $30-$40 per pax
14) chillies $30-$40 per pax
15) Sy - 30-40 per pax
16) sunny (Do not need to cater meals for me)-$30 - $40 PER PAX
17) Clare - go with majority
18) wenyl - go with majority
19) Valerie $30-$40 per pax
20) queen - $30 - $40 PER PAX
21) denmy - go with majority
22) mongs
23) Flo - $30 - $40 Per Pax
24) Linda - go with majority
25) babylon any venue & amount is fine
26) Wendyheng
27) wennykoh (30-40/pax)
28) Krissie
29) SH (30-40/pax)
30) Tabbiesus (30-40/pax)
31) cheng (30-40/pax)
32) Yuki (10-30/pax)
33) celwong (30 -40/pax)
34) Sharon Sum - any venue & amount is fine
35) Annie - (30-40/pax)

Hi Mamachan, Tommy "Kor kor"/"Uncle" here... Haha...Heard from Sum that Daren is doing so well. keep up the good work! Cheers! See you.

chicken little,
wat u mean by 3 confirmed customised cake? do u mean we'll hv to order 3 customised cakes?? **blur blur**

thks

Esh_mummy,

It means if there are at least 3 of us ordering a customised cake each from them e.g. Chicken Little - 1, SSF - 1, Sleeping Deer - 1 = 3 cakes.

btw, anyone has Pine gdn's design? the website is not very friendly n doesn't really show the customised designs they offer. kindly advise.
thks.

Esh_mummy,

I think you have to call them to ask for email address then you send them the design u want and see if they can do it.

Hi ChickenLittle
I went down to Cake Avenue yesterday but too bad they just close...arghhhh. Is all the design they have on their website? End up I order one Elmo cake from Polar cos I need it by Sat. I intend to order another one for Mel's actual birthday. When do you plan to place order? Have you tried Royal Cake before? Itz good?

Flo,

They have more design which they have taken photos at their outlet. which character are u looking at ?

Tomorrow if I got time to drop by to take a look I can help u check it out. Was thinking of buying some cakes to try too.

Royal cake as in another bakery I have not leh.

ChickenLittle
Am looking for either elmo or bear design. But I can only order max of 2kg cos have less than 10 ppl. If I need it by 15 Dec, when is the latest I must order?. Thanks **muack**

P.S. Royal Cake is another bakery...recommended by one of the mommies in another thread previously.

http://www.royalcakes.com

ak
Haha! Daren is my only son by far. The big boy you saw at my place was one of my cousins. I invited my uncle and family together with my mum to come over my place for a home-cooked bak kut teh meal. =) They love to eat bak kut teh, so I asked my mom how to cook and attempted it for the 1st time yesterday.

Cake Ave
Chicken Little, do you have the exact address of the place? I wanna go down and take a look. Not sure if they can do a sesame street b-day cake.

durianlover
The $30 - $40 beside each name is for the amount per pax for adult for the birthday bash. We're deciding between high-tea or buffet lunch. =)

Sterilising of bottles
So far, I've already stopped sterilizing the pacifier, only rinse with hot water, but most times wash with running water. Am still stereilising the milk bottles, but there was once we were out of sterile bottles, so we used the ones that had already been washed with the bottle detergent. So far so good. I plan to stop sterilizing soon.

Mamachan,

Cake Avenue's webby is www.cakeavenue.com Address: 33 Lorong Kilat, Kilat Centre #01-01 (opposite Bukit Timah CC) tel : 6877 9008
Have been emailing Nat, in case u guys need a reference.

Sterilising of bottles,
For my first gal, I used till my sterilizer broken down. Dunno when I will plan for no. 2 then so just continuous using it lor. If you have plan for no. 2, maybe can stop at 1 year old. But not sure since it is electrical appliance if you leave too long unused will it be spoilt or not.

Flo, as per their website, the customised cake is 3 days in advance. U order 2 kg for 10 pax a lot leh. will check with them if they have any alternative for smaller scale. U got a cake for celebration 1, would u consider ordering cupcakes then put in like 2 tier or so. Then see if u can find cute sesame street figurine. I saw some pple using those cute little figurine they bought from Action Toys for pooh theme

1) MayWong - 13 Jan
4) peipei - 06 Jan 07. (Jayden BD is 12 Jan, but old pple are patang, wants to be earlier)
5)Mamapanda - 13 Jan (Ariene's bday 16Jan)

sterilising
I'll continue to sterilise milk bottles and glass bottles for storing breastmilk until I don't use them anymore cuz my PD said normal washing may not be able to completely remove milk residues at the bottom so sterilising is the only way to kill bacteria trapped by the leftover milk residues. I don't sterilise utensils though cuz he said its not necessary.

Mamachan,
OIC...I thot u look so young and the boy looks quite big liao (abt 10 yrs old?)...hahaha...sorry, I kaypo!

Never put down Jamie's actual date..

1) MayWong - 13 Jan (Born on 15 Jan)
5)Mamapanda - 13 Jan (Ariene's bday 16Jan)

Rena,
Here's the pic.. bought this at Kiddy Palace for $89. Brand is Geoby.

602393.jpg

602394.jpg

Mamachan,
Bday bash ...tempted leh...my hubby more KS than me...dun believe in letting Ryan go for these things cos afraid he will fall ill easily...think its becos Ryan has been ill almost every mth....so he seems more susceptible...so i also never join u gals in any gathering....

ak
Oh...I see. I know how it is, coz when Daren started having his vaccinations, after 1 - 2 weeks or so, he would fall sick too. But I guess it's inevitable, especially when he was in infant care. I just think of it that each time he falls sick, he's building up his immunity more and more. I heard from a PD that it's very common for them to fall sick often in the 1st year.

Nonetheless, it'll be great to have you join us should u and hb change your minds =)

ak
go lah. let bb interact more. keke.... i am just worried that i got last minute thing and got to withdraw.

Re. Birthday Direct
Mummies, my friend emailed me and said that our items have reached her. She will be sending them to me by tomorrow morning (US time). Shipping is expected to cost ~USD90 (box weigh 19 lbs). Expected to arrive SGP in 4 to 10 days time.
Florence, when do you need the items? I do hope the package can arrive before Dec 15 for Mel's Bday! I'm celebrating Isaac's birthday earlier as well, on Dec 16. Cross our fingers that the package can arrive before that.

rena,

i got spare combi stroller..i can lent it to you if you want it...PM / sms me and let me know if you are interested...dun waste you money to buy

ChickenLittle
They are mainly adults (only 1 kid) and they dun like cupcakes leh. Anyway is ok cos my family members are all choc lovers and will prob go for 2nd serving so is more like for close to 20 ppl...haha. Maybe u can help to check if they have any alternative for smaller scale. Thanks Thanks.

Queen
No worries, if it doesn't reach in time, I can keep the Happy Birthday balloon for next year
happy.gif
Thanks for all the efforts

AK
Hope you can change your hb's mind, would love to meet Ryan at the birthday bash!

Birthday Direct-
Thanks so much for the trouble, Queen... :)

Btw, i understand we'll hv to pump in the helium for the balloons that we ordered.
Can anyone advise me where can i get the helium pump? and cost pls?
thanks.

Esh Mummy,
Same question I want to ask...

Re. Helium gas
Think a few weeks ago, some of us posted on the helium gas... I saw Spotlight selling the helium tanks. Not sure how many ballons can the tank fill up?

<font color="aa00aa">Helium for Balloon</font>

I think I read it somewhere in BP on walkie balloon. we can bring our balloon to those florist shop to pump up our balloon.. Cost should be abt $2-$3. But should be limited to big florist onli bah

<font color="aa00aa">Cakes</font>
Which is better? Cake avenue or eCreative?
I dun quite like sweet cake.. moderate sweetness is best.. any advise.

Sorry.. Think muumies here should have mentioned, but there are jus too many postings for the past 5 days, and really have to take time to read thru.

AK,

Join us for the bd bash leh. Though I can't confirm if I am going cos might need to go overseas but if I am around. Definitely will go. The mummies here are really very frenly and warm.

Rena,
How heavy's elijah now? I am using a combi stroller now. It weighs only 3.9kg. I have brought it overseas to Australia and Xiamen - not bad. Really good in Xiamen when the places are not stroller-frenly and I need to carry the stroller a lot. If you would like, I can lent it to you for your trip. Your place so near....

Queen
Spotlight selling the helium tank @ 59.90 i think. can only pump up to 30 ballons. thats the info i got from the sales person when i went there 2 weeks ago. currently no stock and they not sure when will the stock be coming in. can call in to check. hope my info helps.

mummies
running out of ideas for JH's meals. What do you feed besides cereal and porridge?

shall we share our meal planners? i can help to compile if interested.

just wondering, when can we start giving our bb meals like adult meals? i was thinking of giving him more variety like giving him porridge and some side dishes instead of throwing everything into his porridge.

SSF
congrats in getting the flat. u must be really happy abt it!

re sterilizing
i stop using bb detergent when JH turned 6 months and intend to stop sterilizing his stuff when he turns 1.

re cakes
let me check with my mum whether she wants to get from there. she was telling me her fren recommended her another place for cakes.

Back