2005 East Mommies

Ok I will go n take leave on that day as well.

My hubby said I have alot of appts these days. hahaha..

Gathering
=========

Date: 26 February (Friday)
Time: Afternoon
Venue: TBD
Attendees:
- Cat
- Leng Leng
- Ethel
- Hong
- Jas
- Meeyah (tentative)
- Carrie
- Odie

odie, i wont be able to make it.. no more leave.

just got another bad news today.. might be losing my job. wat a great way of starting my CNY. last round announcement was before christmas, tis time round is a week before cny.
sad.gif

Phoebe, sorry to hear that. Company is undergoing restructuring? That seems to be the trend of MNCs these days. For my 5 years in the current job, every year there will be restructuring of some sort =S

Keep your fingers crossed for now. It may or may not happen to you.

Phoebe,
Agree wif Odie, maybe u will siam this "disaster"? Cheer up & have a Happy Chinese New Yr.
happy.gif

Mommies,
Wish u all a early Happy Chinese New Yr! Will not be ard till next wk.

carrie, i'm in supply chain. doubt your side hv similar role for me..
sad.gif

odie, its some stupid policy that all contract staff cant work for more than 2 yrs. and all along no one pay heed to this policy and now worldwide wanna reinforce..
sad.gif

i'll just have to keep a lookout for new prospective job. anyway, i hate my current job.. ahha

Phoebe..
dont fret... job can jus find another one.. take a break and enjoy yr boys!

No one can beat my story.. sigh,..
my dad was just diagnosed with Cancer at an advance stage.. sigh x10.. What a way to start the new year!
not an easy ordeal to go through.. and worst part.. even after the treatments, you also know cant make it..
i cant sleep/eat - best but not a good way to loose weight..
My in laws were great help to watch my boys while i send my dad to c the doctors..
all i ask that if you can keep my dad in yr prayers in whichever religion... i will be very grateful.. may the chemo treatment kill some cancer cells.. thanks.

mummies,
may you and family have a prosperous lunar new year..

ethel,
fully understand how you feel, my experience is still painful and vivid.. :'(

you must take good care of yourself and health in order to have the ability to take care of your father.. do stay strong and positive so that your dad has the courage and motivation to fight the cancer..

Now with 2 kids really, busier than ever before. Juggling between work, spring cleaning and kids, practically no time to come in..

Anyway, wishing all of you a HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!! Life has ups and downs, hope this year there are more ups than downs...

Ethel... sorry to hear about your dad.

Mummies, are we still going ahead with the gathering this Friday? If yes, we need to set the time and venue.

Jia you ep. Miracle may happen to your dad. Don't lose hope.

Today is Monday le. Time really flies. Do decide on the time and venue asap if the gathering is confirm. Very scare if it is last min I am not able to apply leave..

Meeyah... apply leave for the afternoon first. I am sure it will happen just a matter of where. I have applied for leave already and I believe Hong too.

So.. where's the venue?
happy.gif

How about here?
http://www.chillipadi.com.sg/

Chilli Padi Nonya Café (North Bridge Road)
Buffet Lunch 11am – 2.30pm $13.80++
Buffet Hi-tea 3pm – 5.30pm $7.80++

Chilli Padi Nonya Café (Heng Mui Keng Terrace)
Buffet Lunch (Everyday) 11:15am to 2:30pm $11.70+
(Usually $13.80+, promotion till end Feb)

Else Tampines IKEA is ok too.
happy.gif

mummies,
based on leng leng's list, i vote for north bridge road..
happy.gif

tampines IKEA is too far for me to fetch coen at 5pm and i am not familiar with the route.. i am a moron when it comes to directions.. haha..

I agree that IKEA Tampinese is a bit far off =p

Either North Bridge Road or Tampinese Central is fine for me.

Where's Ethel? Recalled that she has some discount vouchers which she offered for use.

I am ok with Chilli padi at North Bridge Rd. It will be much easier for Carrie to fetch Coen from there cos only 1 MRT station away.

Ethel,
have u read the book i recommended u?

Carrie,
the book i borrow u last round. Is it helpful?

odie,
i have been to KLP's nihon mura a few times, tried their hi-tea buffet once, not bad.. they have 2 hours free parking on weedays from 9am to 6pm.. haha..

hong,
the book is informative but kind of difficult to understand and they need a very powerful blender to make those smoothies..

Odie,
Haha.. my hands are up for KLP Nihon Mura! Traffic or parking is definitely a breeze for me! :p
But if others would like to go for other venue, I am ok wif it.

Carrie,

The latest philip blender shld be ard that power.

EP,
I suggest u go and get the book. He has two books now. One teaches u on wat to eat, how to eat and wat to eat for pple with certain condition.

The other book is 100 qns and answers pertaining to the 1st book.

This author also has cancer at advance stage and after trying out the diet his cancer is control and gone.

But to take up the diet, one must be very very discipline to follow, unfortunate the book are in chinese. If u need help I can help to explain and translate.

Most of the ingredients can be found in spore so really worth trying out.

mummies
I have tried all these buffets before. In fact just went for Chilli Padi Nonya hi-tea yesterday. Find the selection is very little, maybe due to the price too. Putien buffect is not bad but don't seems to allow reservation.

By the way, need to check with all.
My parent's place aircon is spoilt, need to replace with new one. I am now deciding between Mitsubishi Electric Starmax or Panasonic (both non-inverter model). Would like to know anyone has any usage feedback of the above 2 models?

Mummies... let's cast our vote for the venues then. I know all of us are very polite and hopes to cater to the preference of the others but cast your vote based on what you want and we will see which choice has the most votes.

(1) Putien at Tampines Central
(2) Chilli Padi at North Bridge Road
(3) Nihon Mura at Kallang Leisure

Voting ends on Thursday close of business! =)

Hi all,
Tampines Central & North Bridge Road ok for me,
Kallang Leisure I don't have bus to there... hehe...
happy.gif

I'll be going from Sengkang.

(1) Putien at Tampines Central - most preferred
(2) Chilli Padi at North Bridge Road - ok
(3) Nihon Mura at Kallang Leisure. if this is chosen, I am ok too even though it seems abit out of place. Is the MRT near the stadium open already? If not, I think bus 16 will reach there.

I see Nihon Mura has one at Tampines Swimming Complex..Very near to tampines central.

Damn!!! Can u believe someone just steal my hp right from my son's hand while I am bz wif cake selection!! Somemore we r at PP! @#$%

Jastan,
I just change my air-con to Daikin... my Mitsubishi last me only 6 yrs. Somehow my air-con man prefers Daikin or Panasonic more than Mitsubishi cos it's easier for them to maintain.

Odie,
I chin chay. Will go wif most prefer one.

hong & ep,
if the cancer ever spreads to the bone, i think even following the book is not going to help.. sorry to say but that's a cruel fact.. :'(

meeyah,
the MRT at stadium is not open yet..

odie,
i vote for KLP.. hehe..

cat_tail
so u lost yr iphone?
someone jus snatch the phone out of mikel's hand?? no one saw?

jas
am using daikin. u need aircon man? mine reliable n cheap haha

hong
book in mandarin.. i cant read.. sigh!

http://ieatishootipost.sg/2007/02/victors-kitchen-authentic-hong-kong-tim.html
bencoolen.. is ther mrt there?

river city at excelsior hotel (city hall mrt)
dim sum buffet $16.90++ (cos of CNY) 12-2p

thai rest at liang court..
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YFfVr4TNJbc/SpPVGwXuNcI/AAAAAAAADz4/Gv3xwSyW43M/s1600-h/suanthai-731208.png
$22.90 with yu sheng / pax

are we meeting lunch? or hi tea?
i tried to find some 1 for 1 deals but i dun hv time to look out.. those vouchers i hv all with my dad.. hahha
dun wan to remind him of buffets as i tortured him with veg diets..

am ok with anywhere.. so preferably somewhere accessible to those who dun drive.

Cat... this is bad. I cannot imagine robbery cases in an enclosed shopping area happening in Singapore. Have you lodged a police report?

Thanks Ethel for the many suggestions. Bencoolen's nearest MRT is Dohby Ghuat. Even that is a fair bit of walking distance. Thai restaurant won't work cos we are going for hi-tea. Lunch is a tad too rush for those who are working in the morning. Any idea what is the timing for the River City buffet?

Sorry mummies for not able to organise this gathering a lot more smoother than I would like. I apologise if the venue chosen had failed to take into account the accessibility to MRT. So let me re-group the choices (including moving some of the outlets to those nearer to town to make it more convenient for majority). Let me know if there is any choices that you think is not do-able for you.

(1) River City (near City Hall MRT) - but subject to Ethel's confirmation on timing
(2) Putien (Tampines Central) - other outlets do not have hi-tea
(3) Nihon Mura (at The Cathay. Near Dohby Ghuat MRT)
(4) Chilli Padi (at North Bridge Road. Near Bugis MRT)

Sorry for the confusion. If nobody has any violent objections by tomorrow I will take the pick if that is ok.

Ethel,
Yes.... my iphone. Keep yours closely especially if u shop often in PP...

Odie,
I am still in a shock. Can't believe there is such an audacity thief that snatched from Mikel's hands right in Singapore shopping mall!! Police report just lodged & I hoped the thief's hands will rot. Grr...

Btw I got no objection with any venues u had listed. Go ahead & choose.

opps.. its high tea...
river city is 11-2pm

then its just these
(2) Putien (Tampines Central) - other outlets do not have hi-tea
(3) Nihon Mura (at The Cathay. Near Dohby Ghuat MRT)
(4) Chilli Padi (at North Bridge Road. Near Bugis MRT)

i will go with either putien or chilli padi.. :p

mummies,
do give victor's kitchen a try if you have the chance, their dim sum is fresh and nice, the price is reasonable, no service charge nor GST.. the queue can be quite long during lunch time and sunday mornings.. i like their HK summer milk tea..
happy.gif
bad thing is they only accept cash..
sad.gif

for this friday's gathering, i am ok with cathay or north bridge road..

hong,
Haha.. out of topic a bit.. I like Ju Shin Jung Korean BBQ! They got a lot of side dishes & the staff will do all the bbq with no hassles. :p Just trying to recommend a nice family friendly restaurant with great food. If u r willing to travel, West Coast outlet got a big playarea for kids. Otherwise, East Coast oso can do.
happy.gif

http://www.jushinjung.com/

Mummies,
I think we need to decide a place now. I tried calling the restaurant but couldnt get thru.

Back