2005 East Mommies

Hi oleander,
You've got one
happy.gif

Which part of East you stay?

Hi all
I stay at Geylang and used to stay at Old Airport Road before marriage. My baby girl is coming 13months old this 20th.

Hi everyone,
Good to see a EAST community starting up !
Are all of you SAHM or FTWM?
Still Bfg?
oleander
I also stay in marine parade area
happy.gif

My gal is 7 months exactly today
happy.gif

Hi Oleander,
Mine is a gal.
happy.gif

Hi oreos,
I hope I can be a SAHM but hubby protest! Haha...

hong,
U forgot to tell them another one is coming out soon.
biggrin.gif

Hi Oreos... you are close to me. I stay around Marine Parade too and my boy was born on 1 Jul. So 7.5 months now.

Hi Hi! great to see a crowd here!

Oreos & Odie - we are near each other then :p notice that our nick all start with "O" hehe

i'm a SAHM since the birth of my bb. Stopped bf around 1 mth ago. Any SAHM??

sychua79 - of course u are welcome, join us!

Hong - congrats on ur 2nd cmg one.. any mums considering on 2nd one soon?

oleander,
me feel like becoming SAHM but difficult...dun feel like working already... better enjoy my remaining ML!

Hi Mummies

I am staying at Pasir Ris. My boys turning One in Jan.
I am a FTWM.

sychua79 - which part of Pasir Ris are you staying? I am near Elias Mall.

Hi everyone!
So nice to see that some of you are SAHM. Like cat-Tail, I am also a FTWM and still wishing that I can stay home...sigh....
Odie and oleander,
My gal gal born on 13th Jul
happy.gif
hee!! yah hoe, we all the "o" people
happy.gif

I still BFg but getting low in SS already. Just started using my frozen supply to supplement.
Hong,
Congrats!!!!
SY,
Sure you can join! You on ML till when?

Hi Mummies,
So nice to have such a thread cos most of the mummies are either staying at SK or Punggol. Sometimes, am feeling a bit out of place.
happy.gif

Btw, my gal is born on 15th Aug.

hi all,
me live in the east also, weekdays in Tampines, and weekends in old airport road. My boy is 25mth old too.

"O" ya har... didn't realise that similarity... muwahahahah :p

I'm a FTWM as well. Really appreciate the meaning of "working full-time"... work in the office... "work" at home... work 24/7.

Congrats to Hong!

Still thinking hard about when to have the 2nd baby. Everybody hinting about it during the CNY. On one hand I want a small age gap... but I cannot imagine having to deal with a hyper baby and being preggie at the same time.

SY enjoy your ML while you can... one disadvantage to be working is you miss all those precious milestones.

Hi JasTan,
U stay at Old Airport Rd! Which Blk u stay?

Talk abt no. 2... gee... I think will delay until when my gal can walk on her own, prob should be around 2 yrs old. I also cannot imagine to be preg & still carrying a baby around..haha... so siong~

Hi Mommies,
I'm staying in marine parade... My girl is 4+ and my boy is 2+. Used to be a SAHM for 5yrs till this Jan, started working alternate week.

Happy Valentine Mommies!

so how u all going to spend today with dear hubby? for me, go down to east coast yesterday to have dinner only...fast one somemore coz going to be bb's bedtime.. leave her at my mum's in the meanwhile.

sychua79 - ya i also can't leave my bb, anyway got no one to take care of her so i already planned to stay home after her birth. who's taking care the bb for you?

Odie - i SAHM also feel like working 24/7 hehe housework..bb..

sj_ong, how do you feel starting to work after being SAHM for so long?

quite a few of us living in marine parade area ya

Hi all,
Happy Happy Valentine!
Me celebrate with my bb on Sat at East Coast too. Always go to this place call beach hut. Know the boss lah
happy.gif
Hee!!
sj ong
U also a "marine parader" eh
happy.gif

What are you part timing in now?
odie,
agree with you that as a FTWM, you miss all the mile stones... I missed my gal's first crawl....

Hi mummies,
Happy V Day!
Me celebrated on Sat with HB and BB
happy.gif

Actually I think be a SAHM also very siong. Still if I can , would love to do it but financal constraint lah!
pageup,
Lengkong tiga is at kembangan MRT there rt?
Oleander,
Do you miss going back to work as a SAHM now?
SJ Ong,
What you part timing as now?
Hong,
Congrats!
Anyone out there trying for 2nd one already?

Wah,
So fast u all start to celebrate the V day! Today no celebration but hubby is so sweet enough to send a bouquet of roses to my office.
kao_love.gif

oreos,
U give me an idea to celeb my V day! I think I will get my hubby to the beach hut too this Sat.
biggrin.gif

Cat,
Yah will be gd if ur 1st child is ard 2 but then hor.. u may encountered terrible 2.

Really nice to see so many easterner mother here.
May be we can meet up some places some day.

I like the term "marine parader" ;)

Whether it is 2nd baby or returning back to a job after staying at home for a while... I guess end of the day it is all about intertia. Once you get yourself started... somehow pple just adapt.

*waves to pageup*. How's Binbin? Nice to see you here. Planning to celebrate your wedding annivesary? I remember you moved out ya? Or are you still staying with your in-laws?

Orleander... yup. I remember that when I was still on maternity leave... it was refreshing to be able to get out of the house. It really got to me to be at home the whole day. But after I came back to work... I am not sure any more :p

I settle my V-Day celebration in the food court just now... muwahahahah. Better than nothing lah :p

Hi oreo,

yup, lengkong tiga is next to kembangan MRT
happy.gif

Hihi odie,

how's your boy doing?
we are still staying with in law but will be moving out in a month time. Our new flat is just across the road from our in laws... A bit too close for comfort, but no choice, we don't want to spend too much time travel back and forth everyday.Binbin is doing fine, he is getting more adorable each day.
Nah.. not having aniversary celebration, we have spent too much money on renovation.
If I remember correctly, you just had your 2 years anniversary celebration?
You have plan for number 2 yet?

Oreos - actually i do think of my working days sometimes. but now my priority is taking care of my bb. i really appreciate that i could stay at home to take care of her and like u guys said, seeing all her "firsts". although sometimes very tired,do not have much adult company sometimes quite lonely..but being able to see her grow up outweighs all these. moreover she's very attached to me now, make me even more difficult and don't have the heart to start working. :p

ya, anyone planning for no.2 keep us informed hehe. i plan to have close age gaps for the kids too..but not now la ;p

Hi oreo, odie
Yes I like the term marine parader.
happy.gif
Although I don't stay at marine parade but nearby, Geylang. I'm a Parkway Parade fan!!! I'm a SAHM so if need to buy groceries, have dinner or too bored at home I'll just go down to Parkway. Its so convenient.

Hi Mommies,
It's great to have a chance to chat with all of you here! I hang out at parkway parade alot cos my hse is jus 5mins away from it. I just had V-day lunch with my hubby there and he's back at work now. So sweet of him to buy me a bluetooth as a present... Feel bad that I did not get anything for him. Hope all of you have a enjoyable day!

All mommies: It great to have 2 or more kids. Of coz if you are financially stable. Would like to have no.3 but haiz.... Expensive lah! My kids are attending childcare and their fees alone already more than 1k...

Oreo: I'm working for mobilekids(Mercscedez benz, traffic police & MOE partner). We go to different primary schools to play games/teach kids abt road safety. I dun have to work on school/public holidays and working time is similar to office hour. If the school is single session, then I'll finish work earlier. My friend asked me to help out and I think that's not a bad idea. I get to check out all the primary schools in s'pore.

cat_tail
Me staying at blk 7. Don't worry about no. 2 now, you still have ample time to plan. My boy now 2yrs already and I just start to think of no. 2 but not so soon as I haven't settle the care-giving part (a very very big headache for me). On one hand, thinking to place him in CC but on the other, not bear to. Alternative thinking my ILs can look after but on the other hand I don't really 100% secure and comfortable.

sj_ong
For the past 5 years you looking after your 2 children alone? that's a big sacrifice you had did for your kids, for me being a SAHM is a no-no for me at the moment. Need to provide financially to the family and my parents.

pageup
So good to be able to have a love nest of your own. Me dreaming of such days... I staying with ILs.

all
Anyone can advise that 3yrs and above can attend nursery already right? How long is the session, is it 4hrs?

Happy Valentine Day to everyone!!!!

cat_tail
Me staying at blk 7. Don't worry about no. 2 now, you still have ample time to plan. My boy now 2yrs already and I just start to think of no. 2 but not so soon as I haven't settle the care-giving part (a very very big headache for me). On one hand, thinking to place him in CC but on the other, not bear to. Alternative thinking my ILs can look after but on the other hand I don't feel 100% secure and comfortable.

sj_ong
For the past 5 years you looking after your 2 children alone? that's a big sacrifice you had did for your kids, for me being a SAHM is a no-no for me at the moment. Need to provide financially to the family and my parents.

pageup
So good to be able to have a love nest of your own. Me dreaming of such days... I staying with ILs.

all
Anyone can advise that 3yrs and above can attend nursery already right? How long is the session, is it 4hrs?

Happy Valentine Day to everyone!!!!

Odie,
wow this thread moves fast! yah man so i feel like taking no pay leave....

oleander
i have a maid to take care of my bb but he's a handful so i m worried.

mummies
happy v day! my firsdt with a 3rd party so not much of celebration...

hong,
I heard abt terrible 2 but dun noe how bad it could be. So far your gal giving u any headache?

Hi sj_ong,
It's very convenient to stay near Parkway! Can go shopping anytime u want!

JasTan,
We stay very near to each other!
happy.gif

Yah, totally agree upon on tricky part on getting a gd caretaker if u r working. I am facing it now so I could feel the pinch. What happen to your ILs? I hope yours are not as bad as mine. Sometimes, I really regret to stay so near from them ..haha... anyway, I just manage to get my baby out from them & let a babysitter to take care. SO happy..keke...

Hi pageup... guess you are in a similar shoe as me. I also moved out from my in-laws' place into another place near them. 5 mins walk only. Good and bad. I always think it is ironic. I bought my place because it is close to them but on the other hand I regret getting this place because it is too close to them. For my boy... what to do. Quite pitiful if he needs to spend so much time travelling everyday. We should meet up and exchange notes on this issue one of these days :p My boy is doing fine. Teething... so can be cranky at times. He is quite a handful... damn hyper. Yup just had my 2nd anniversary. Brought my boy to picnic and a swim. Fun!! No. 2??? Thinking and procrastinating. But definitely by end of this year. You?

Wow... quite a number of us near Parkway Parade. I go there often too with hubby and baby. We call ourselves the PP kids. Near... so no need to pack all the barang barang. Anything just run home. But nowadays we go there mainly for Mothercare, Kiddy Palace or Isetan looking at baby stuff.

SY... saw your other thread. You sound like me. Got maid but still so busy. Even my mum and MIL commented that none of us were so jia lat as kids. So at least I know it is my boy and not because I am a lousy mummy!

cat_tail
u manage to get a baby sitter for your baby? good for you...remember you were complaining abt your IL in another thread...

hmm...seems like many pple stay near PP! that place good...got a lot of things esp bb stuff... but the parking there is really ex...

Odie,
my maid is qutie good with my boy but cos he's still so young i can't let go yet to let her take care of him...

who cares for your boy now when u go to work?

Hi Oleander,
The first week of work was very tiring... Need some time to get used to it. Cos I need to get up as early as 5am to prepare for dinner, so that when my family get home, we have a home-cooked meal. My hubby is not used to it, sometimes I need to leave the hse earlier then them(he send them to CC). He will call and complains that girl dun want to get dressed, boy dun want to drink milk etc.. Wanted to quit then but have promised my friend that I'll help her til my girl attend pri 1. And he's the daddy, he should learn to take care of them too rite?
happy.gif

Hi JasTan,
Yup! I take care of them myself. It was very tiring especially during my boy(2nd baby) first year. The first 6 months when I breastfed him, it was so difficult to find time to do housework, cook, spend time with my girl, etc... I had to order catering for that period of time and the food was terrible.. Thereafter, when he's on solid, things was much better. He doesn't need me every 2 hrs.
It was worth it as I was there for them for everthing, when they are sick, happy, all their firsts, etc. It's ok... Now you provide for your parents, in future your boy will provide for you...
From what I know, 21/2 yrs can start attending nursery. For kindergarden, he should be in nursery 1 and for 3hrs. For childcare, you can send him in as early as 0730hr and the classes normally ends at 1230hr.

Hi cat_tail,
I LOVE staying near parkway. I've been staying in marine parade for more than 20yrs. The first time my hubby and me met was at parkway too! My hubby and me can't imagine staying in other area. When I feel bored, I can choose to go parkway, beach or the library. But sometimes try not to go parkway, everytime when I go there, I spend $...

Hi Odie,
My hubby and me called ourselves PPkids too!

Hi SY,
If you are going to parkway before 1900hr, you may want to consider parking at those HDB carparks(after 7pm is for resident). And if you want to go on sunday, then maybe you can think abt parking at the multi-story carpark infront of blk65. The highest level is free parking on sunday. Unfortunately you will have to walk for abt 5-10mins to parkway.

Hi Vone and wlml2402,
How old are your kids? Are you FTWM or SAHM?

vone,
which part of bedok reservoir?

sj_ong
u tempting me to stay at home liao..... dun wan to miss out on the firsts! but difficult cos of finances.

thanks for your parking tips! now must start to save more cos having a bb costs so much...

wow!!!
This thread so fast I can't catch up!
Hee!! so there are alot of us here who are marine paraders who frequent PP ! Who knows we might have bumped into each other at KP, MC or even Isetan!
Cat-Tail,
Beach hut nice but if you want something new go to scruffy murphy ( think I spell correctly lah) It's just next to coffee bean. THe fish and chips there world best!!!! So thick like the ones that you get in Australia. try it !
Parking at PP,
If you want to can also park opposite at paramount, cheaper there it seems.
Ask you all,
I thinking of going away in June with Hb and Bb to Perth. Gonna be cold so looking into cold wear for my girl. Any ideas? Winter wear like so kua zhang

SJ,
I dun think i can stay at home and look after my girl alone. I think i will go insane.. hahaha..

I love PP too. There is a period of time that we visit PP almost every week. Nothing to do just drove there and walk ard.

Cat,
We started to experience it but then it also die down suddenly. I also dun know why? I hope she just got a mild one and pass the phase.

cat_tail
My ILs on the whole are not bad but I don't like some of the way or their habits in doing certain things lor. I don't want my kids to catch such habits. The more major one being on eating habits, most of the time are fried and meaty food, seldom vege. Even if got vege, it is always the same type and cooking method. Not much variety. I am quite particular about the food coz I want to make sure my kids at young are exposed all kinds esp vege as I don't want them to become picky eaters at a later stage. The thing I can't stand also is they always like to shut their windows (even on hot days), when open, max only one small panel. I have never like such stuffy environment, during my confinement time, I feel as if I am in a prison. I had been thinking to shift out to somewhere nearer to my parents instead, initially hubby is not in full favour but at least now he don't oppose. However, hubby still wants to pay for the existing house loan that ILs are staying, this means if I do get a resale near my parents, we will be very tight financially, coz got to jargar two housing loans.

Your ILs also stay around old airport then? At least you are not staying under one roof with ILs, much better than me.

odie
I will also go PP on some weekends. It is now very crowded there, last time PP is not popular, ever since they renov and with Giant, it does attract back the crowd. Sometimes, I prefer the NTUC there, big and not so crowded. Indeed it is so true, my mum said the kids nowadays are so different from our time, not easy to look after. You want to try for 2nd one by end of this year? Now with kids, everytime I go shopping, sure to zoom to baby/kids section automatically... Think most mothers are like that.

vone/wlml
Welcome to this thread. You are welcome to join in. Bedok reservoir is a nice place too, a lot of public transport goes through there but sometimes esp working hours, traffic can be quite congested.

oreos
The beach hut, the scruffy murphy and coffee bean you mention is all at East Coast Park? It is at the place where Mac is located? The fish n chips sounds interesting. How's the price? Is it costly?

sj_ong
I am not sure if I will BF my 2nd baby if I do have. Like what you mention, most of the time will be spend on BF, I also do not want to neglect my 1st boy, my boy very sticky to me esp on weekends when back in IL's place. At this stage, I just can't and don't know how I am going to cope with 2, and if I do shift out, how am I going to handle housework as well. Scared to think of them.

Back