2005 East Mommies

Mummies,
I am gettting some mummies to see if u are interested to get this strawberry bag for a gift during teacher day.

Ok I know I am KS to plan so way ahead.

SO for those interested, can put ur email here so i can send u the form to place order.

hong,
Wat strawberry bag? More details pls.
happy.gif

Mommies,
How's everything? Wonder wat activities u all have for the sch holiday?

Yesterday was my 1st time to bring Edna for a 3D movie treat & she was absolutely thrilled! Throughout the entire show, she was busy catching the characters in the air & it look hilarous. *lol If u all got time, should bring your kids to watch tis Monster vs Alien in 3D at Vivo.

Cat,
u mean there is a pop up effect?
I just got this 3D or 4D show from the popular bookfest. The pirate show at the Sentosa and the desperado that we can sit on like a horse and a gun for us to shoot onto the screen.

Can i have ur email so i can forward u the bag details?

Cat... I no need to plan for school holidays =p

Matty's school has got exercusions lined up almost every week. Tomorrow he will be going for the Gingerbread Man play. Next week they are going to fly kite at Marina Park. The week after that they are going to the zoo's waterpark. Last week of June, there will be a party in school. On that same day, my office is allowing us to bring our kids in to work for one afternoon. More than enough liao.

So how long was the show?

hong,
Yeah, looks so real.
happy.gif

Try to book your tix early for the middle seats cos the effects are not so good at the sides.
[email protected]

Odie,
Wow, so much activities going on! Mommy can shake leg lor! :p
Hmm.. Gingerbread Man... I find boring for adult but not too sure abt kids. Hopefully Matty will appreciate it. *lol

The show is almost 100mins but the ads can drag up to 2 hrs. When u bring him to your office, might as well bring him for a show. It's just a walk out of your office!
happy.gif

hong
i alrdy ghot my teachers day pressie..
can also fwd me the bag?

i hv to plan my own activities for the boys.. sigh!! so tiring for me ..
what other shows are there??

cat_tail
wanna go watch mom n tot with the kids?

hong,
Thanks for the email but dun tink it's suitable for the teachers. Think I will just bake cookies for them again. Heehee...

Ethel,
Welcome back from your trip. How's everything? Btw, what is mom n tot about?

Hi mummies!! I'm currently on ML. 2 more weeks I will be done with my confinemt...
happy.gif

How are you guys doing - seems like u all are already preparing gifts for teacher's days. now is june 3 more mths to go!

No lah no pics yet. My little princess still not cleared of jaundice. Does not look good in the picture yet leh. Her jaundice level quite high, was re-admitted to hospital after 1 week for sunbathing. *Signz* Now have to monitor by gg for blood test every week.

Thank you cat and hong for your well wishes!!
happy.gif

This period is so hot and humid, having confinement is really a torture!!

hong
Got your mail. When must I get back to you?

mummies
Anyone got U Magazine no.182? I am looking for an article in it.

meeyah
Congrats!!!

hey phoebe..
i am ordering from drugstore.. let me know asap if u need anything.. they lost my package.. so hv to reorder again.. sigh!

Hi. I have found a mandarin enrichment centre in Katong Mall which is willing to start a mom &tot mandarin playgroup twice a week on weekday mornings. I need another 2 tots to make up a class of 3 (minimum number to start). Any east mummies interested, pl PM me. Thanks.

ethel, still can order now? i'm looking at GNC and got few prices.. member n gold card price.. which one do i follow?

*waves*... I am still around. Was busy for the last 2 weeks but getting this week a bit bored. Most of the expats have gone on summer vacation so it will be quiet for a while.

Hong... I see from your blog that you are taking photography lessons. Way to go!!!

I'm fine here!Me bz with my gal's full mth buffet now over already so occupied taking care with my bb gal again.

Odie why you mentioned abt expats? Are u working with the expats?

Time flies, I think school holiday will be over soon liao.

meeyah... so fast your baby is one month already? It felt only like not long ago that you announced the arrival of your baby =p So how have you been coping?

yes... I work in an mnc so there is quite a number of expats.

Busy watching Korean F4... and finally completed the whole series thru internet. Now I am so in luv wif Lee MinHo!! Keke....

Cat,
hahaha..........
I love that show too. Completed it a month ago and I feel so lost after that.

Odie,
yah hubby got me a DSLR as xmas gift. The courses are good cos i know how to make use of the varies functions now. After the course i found another one which is cheaper but nevertheless I did learn something.

hong,
So fast! I was hooked only after I started the show on TV. The pace & actors r sooo much better than the Taiwan version. :p Now wondering what's the next Korean series I should go for. Haha...

Btw, your photo skills r great. Maybe can consider be a freelance.
happy.gif

Ya Odie, my gal one month old le and my confinement is finally over too. I always take every opportunities to bring my gal out e.g. go park have a leisurly stroll, go light grocery shopping, etc...Weather is so hot, good to escape to shopping mall or park for cooler breeze...

Hong... so how many lessons do you need to attend? What is the difference between a DSLR and a normal point and shoot? I can never get that straight =.=

I have been taking photos of my own dishes for blogging purposes. Did some self-read on the net and usually take the photos using macro mode with my hubby's canon 5 megapixel point and shoot. If weather is a bit overcast I can't get the right light condition to take good photos. Will a DSLR do a better job in a poorly lit environment?

Odie,

DSLR is able to give u more room to play with. Allow u to change ur len to create different effect. U have better control of the pictures that turn out. Like u want the warmer or cooler pictures.

The point and shot camera now are pretty good. They have various function like Av setting, Shutter setting, White balance setting, exposure setting if i am not wrong.

For point and shot, if u want the blur background effect which the effect has a term call "Bokeh". U shld make use of the Macro.

Try on all the light when the light condition is no good. Dun use flash, it will spoilt the picture. I still have my compact Digi camera with me but I dun like to use flash anymore. Stime u can try black & white mode if ur background is very dull. The effect is better than with color photo.

Cat,
I am still no good. Among all the classmate I think I am the lousiest. I need alot of practises, do alot of reading, look at many pictures to see how pple take object at different angle.

Hong... sounds like DSLR can minimise the use of a photo editor after the photo-taking. For my food photos, it is always the standard "macro-mode, no flash and with WB adjustment". I can't really figure out how the rest of the function can help make my photos look better -.-""

Matty has a fisherprice digi-camera. He took some photos that I really liked but because the resolution is so low I have to adjust the colours to make it sepia or black and white before printing them. I agree that it gives that artistic feel to the photo. Hmmm... but for food somehow it lacked the omph when the colour is taken away.

Here's one site that I go to for food photography tips http://stilllifewith.com/

Odie,
unfortunately I am still not that good to give u advise on the photography.

Can u PM me ur Blog again?

Odie,
No No.. i am struggling all the time.

I love ur cooking blog, the photos are well taken. Who say they are no good? I didnt bother to compose my food. May be I shld treat my food like just like taking photo for my kids.

Here two photos of Janelle and Julian.
2631176.jpg

2631177.jpg

Hong... ok lah, there has been improvement since Day 1. The photos of the earlier posts were quite badly taken. Plenty of room for improvement. I normally need to take between 40 to 50 photos of one dish to find one I think is ok. Even with that I still got to use photo editor to adjust the colour.

You take great pictures of Jan and Ju. I can never get my kids to pose or smile for the camera.

Hong
jan n jul are great looking!

mummies
i jus lost my hp.. so i hv to trouble u to pm me yr contact nbr!
may the person who picked up my phone loses her handbag this week!!! :S
i hv lots of pic n recordings of my boys in tat phone soo heartache..
so what phone are u girls using now?

Odie,
U inspired me to take good pictures of my food next time. May be it is time to cook all the dishes in my blog again and give them a new look. hahaha.

Julian likes to take pictures but he always look at other place when he give me the "victory" hand sign.

Janelle is ok if she is in good mood.

Ep,
I just got a new mobile - HTC Snap without camera cos I wanna a qwerty keypad.

Odie,
Nice blog on the food! U r such a great cook!
happy.gif

Btw, U noe how to make a nice Agedashi tofu?

hong,
Janelle & Julian are such a great models! I can never get my kids pose in that way.

Ethel,
Recently I dropped my 3 mths old handphone into the toilet bowl.... was a real heartache. So now using hubby handed down iphone.

Ethel, Just PM you my contact number. I'm using a Samsung right now. It's a hand me down from my sis. I would have preferred getting the 8 megapixel sony ericsson phone which I have been drooling over but will be very heart pain if my kids start toying with it and damage it. Why don't you try getting the new iphone launching on 9 Jul?

Hong, with the basics that you have I am sure you will be able to start taking good photos of your dishes.

Cat... not as good as you think I am. There are a few botched up jobs that didn't make it to the blog LOL. Never attempted agedashi tofu. I can imagine it will be difficult to fry the tofu -.-"" You tried to google before? I watched this video on youtube on making omu rice a few times to learn to flip the omelete. It helps to see a real demo than merely reading it.

Wow suddenly u all are active again..I see quite a no. of posting to read!

Odie, never know you are the expert in cooking! Thanx for sharing ur blog I can check out any recipe to try out if I ever have the chance. With kids so young, just dun seem to get the chance to really cook hehehee...But always thot of wanting to cook something together with my gal.

hong, you are good at photo taking. I really like the pictures you took of your kids..They look so natural - at ease. I guess you must have a passion to take pictures that's y u have the interest to learn the more complex camera like the DSLR.
happy.gif
really not easy, I am like you working a fulltime, 2 kids now, no maid but I have no time to do my own stuff. Imagine I dun even have blog, facebook or whatever except this forum to keep me alive. I feel like a dinosaur - just like my dh said abt me, a cave woman hahaahahaa..

ep and cat, both of you lost your phones. Hahahaa..its the best time/excuse to buy a new hp again! Imagine now 3 of you including Hong are having new hps! I use my Sony Ericsson hp for a year plus already not a trendy one, I got it free when it was time to renew my contract, so confirm not the latest model one lor. Well at least I feel that if I damage or lose my hp, I dun feel the pinch. I did ever lost my phone before but luckily the person who found my phone was kind enough to return me that time...

These few days, my bb has been crying for no reason. Din sleep much day and nite. *Sianz* Driving me nuts at times. That's y no energy to come online.

Meeyah... I am no expert, I just follow the recipes closely. The experts are those who can invent new recipes. I only started to really cook in the last 1 year. When my kids were younger I too cannot find the time and energy to whip up any dishes.

Hang in there!! It is usually the toughest for the intial few months.

hi mummies,
it has been quite some time since my last posting, read your postings regularly but no time to post, busy at work and at home..
sad.gif
hope all are well and fine though..
happy.gif

i am zombified as cody is down with fever due to teething and swollen gum, he can't sleep well in the day and at night, has no appetite too even though he would like to eat something and starts to cry when we try to feed him and will point to his mouth..

ethel,
i am using sony ericsson's c902 mobile phone..

Carrie,
did u get the teething gel that EP recommended the other time?? Is it the molar erupting?

Meeyah,
Hang in there!!! I started to go into my interested when the kids are older. Like now, that is why my hubby doesnt want a 3rd kid. I asked if we shld try again. He "suan" me. If there is 3rd kid, do I think i still have the leisure to go for my photography classes and go shooting outing??

Mommies,
For your info, the hp that was drowned by me is Sony C905.... *dun yell at me (especially Odie who is eyeing on it) :p
I am a fan of Sony Ericsson phone but I find this model is a bit dumb. When I try to snap the pic, there was always a delay. Wonder was that me or the phone? *lol

Odie,
Dun be humble, the pics tell a thousand words. I still rembr u used to provide a numbers of baby's recipe.
happy.gif

Hang on meeyah,
1st year is like that. Bring bb out for a fresh air if she's so cranky.

Carrie,
U take care. My kids r oso taking turns falling sick.

Cat... happy birthday!!! Must hint hint your hubby to get you a phone as birthday pressie =p How come there is a delay? I remember that my last Sony Ericsson K880i was very responsive leh.

Hong... you gutsy woman!! You mean you were ok to try for a 3rd one? =o

Back