2005 East Mommies

mummies
There's a Baby Fest 06 exhibition in Singapore Expo over this weekend. If you are a reader of Mother & Baby Mag, I think there's a promo on subscription during the exhibition.

Usually its the Americans that think of Singapore as part of China :p

Oreos have you considered other parts of Eastern Singapore? Personally I find that East area itself is very convenient and most places would have quite a few buses passing through.

Wow, today thread going fast!

hong,
Dun say tat, u r a actually a very motherly person.
happy.gif
It's just sometimes we need a break.

JasTan,
Your hubby din protest meh? Actually I am a bit worry tat hubby will bring other woman back home when I am not around..keke... really think too much.

Jilian,
Try bbnanny.com & look for Adrian. He's a nice guy but got very limited nanies at our areas. Can get your frd to try out.

Odie,
Ya! Americans are very poor in geography!
biggrin.gif

Dun noe when City PLaza becomes another maid gathering! But can say the Arnold Chicken is super good!! Better than KFC!!!

Jilian,
Hope yor frd can get a nice & responsible nanny from Adrian succesfully.

Phoebe,
Ya, the spring chicken is so crispy & tasty! *slurps~ U noe they started delivery already. Very gd for lazy ppl like me..heehee..
happy.gif

Really ah! there is an arnold chicken there that is nice?
Which floor is is on? Is it in city plaza itself?
See lah, talk about food only I wake up !!! ha!
Twinmummy
I have PM you

Oreos,
Arnold on level 2! THeir fried bun oso very gd!

Carrie,
U very efficient! So fast found their website already..hahaa..

Yah Arnold Fried chicken is very nice but we find they are quite bias sometime. Always treat their own races nicer.

Cat_tail,
U tried their home delivery before? I still prefer to have it there!

hong,
Ya.. I know wat u mean, they are a little bias but at least they still serve in Q.
I have tried their home delivery twice & so far so good. They send the chicken fast probably we are near. I know why u like eating there cos it's piping hot! Aiya... very hungry now when we talk abt food

cat_tail
Fortunately no protest from him. You think too much liao.. seen to many dramas??? I am not worried whether he bring back woman coz his parents are staying together mah. Morever, he works late, so also no energy to do... ha ha ha..

You like Arnold Chicken? I find it good too but during peak hours, need to queue for a while. I haven't eaten there for years liao.

hong/cat_tail
Agree with you to certain degree. Last time when I ate there, I feel so funny, like so small and tiny. I didn't know they got home delivery. Most often I prefer to go to KFC at the stadium there, very big and got a mini playground, at least I can enjoy the chicken.

carrie
Thanks for the website, I better bookmark it... hee hee..

Ya JasTan,
See too much K & HK series..haha... I want to recommend the Korean series "Kim Sam Soon". Very gd!

The rolls nice? How many pcs per cartoon?

Jas,
the roll look not bad.

If u are ordering, i dun mind sharing a box. How much? Where u got this lobang?

Cat,
I have watch "Kim Sam Soon" but didnt follow every serie. U know wat is the ending?

hi mummies

a bit of update - the gyane confirmed that i'm preggie. according to dates i shoulb be 6wks. but scan shows bb only around 4wks. this may be due to irregular menses or that the bb is not developing properly. Praying that its due to the 1st reason. will follow-up next week with gynae.

hmm..now contemplating whether to get a maid or not. think i can't cope with 2 kids and the housework and all. but maid expense so high and "maid problems"...have to think n think again..

Ya i heard arnold's is nice! great that they have del. can try calling for dinner some days.

Oreos - my cousin is an agent too. can give you his contact if you interested.

Congrats Oleander!!
Tat means u will be going to have a Dec baby!? U a SAHM?

hong,
It's a expected sweet ending, Kim Sam Soon is together with Zheng Xian & Xi Zhen together with "ang mo".
happy.gif

cat_tail
i m watching the K show now!! very nice and i think the guy is soooo handsome.
happy.gif

re arnold's chicken
is it really that nice? i never heard of it before....must get them to deliver here and try

Oleander
congrats!! dun worry too much now. relax and plan along the way abt the maid. actually i m thankful for my maid. if not for her, i wd be really frustrated with bb. my maid is patient and good with my bb.

JasTan,
the rolls realyl so nice?

Oleander,
congrats! Ur 2nd child?

Cat,
oh gd ending....

Mommies,
Anyone of u sent ur children to childcare center? My girl was there for 3 days (half day) and she super sticky to the principal.
She cried none stop and now she is so sticky to my MIL and wanted my MIL to be with her every min.

Dun know is that the side effect of sending her to CC. I am so desvastated to see her like behaving this way. She doesnt even want me to carry her.
I thot my girl is quite sociable and able to adjust to school well but i think i am wrong.

SY,
U bot the series?? Me rent one..heehee.. I just dun understand, how come the Korean man soooo handsome!
lol.gif

hong,
Yup, the ending is expected but the between story is hilarious! So funny.

RE: childcare
Is it possible for you to stay in childcare & monitor her? Could be something that makes her so unsecure.

Cat-tail, SY,
I've never watched Korean drama series before. But I've heard that they can be quite addicting. I'm thinking of renting a series during my confinement/maternity leave to watch in case I get bored during the day. Also cos my auntie coming to help me, so maybe she'd enjoy it too. May I know where to find? Ezy Video have? And which ones can you recommend me? My auntie already watched Jewel in the Palace in Msia. I'd think she would enjoy the ones like the HK Kindred Spirit type.

Oleander,
CONGRATS!

hi oleander,
congrats! take good care and rest well.. no idea if you can take chinese tonics but some herbs are really good.. i myself don't fancy but endured for the sake of my health..

this drink is good, to supplement your blood and energy, i m still taking it now from time to time.. u boil dang shen (5-6 pieces, cut into smaller pieces), gou qi zi (3 tablespoons) and red dates (15-20 pieces) in water (1.5 litres), drink it as often as you can, like plain water.. you can make variations to the quantity based on your personal preference..
382611.gif

Jilian,
K series are very addictive! "Da Chang Jin" oso good & lucky I completed the series before I deliver my baby. It's very long..
happy.gif

But if u plan to watch together with your auntie, I dun think u will have time during your confinement or ML cos most of the time bz pumping or Zzz.. haha...Your neighbourhood got any VCD rental shop? If not, can just buy the series from TL or any ones. So far only see a few like "Kim Sam Soon", "Hong Dou Nu Zhi Liet", "Brides 18" etc.

cat_tail
my hb borrow the series from colleague, very funny and i really think the guy is sooo handsome...

jillian
jewel in the palace really nice leh. i watched it too. and me and hb really spend a lot of time wathing. we finish 30 episodes in one weekend. can u imagine how addictive it is!!!

another korean series that is nice is full house.

oleander
Congrats, rest well.

cat_tail
I seldom watch Korean show. Now I don't seem to have the time to watch VCD. From the way most mummies here describe seems the show is very nice.

mummies
Here more info on the mini roll. The price need to confirm coz not sure any changes as i got this from my sis last year. As for flavour, seems like black forest is quite popular, strawberry also not bad.

packing: 1 ctn of 4 boxes @ 42 pcs/box @$67.91/ctn incl GST.
flavours: Strawberry, Vanilla, Black Forest
Order by the ctn, no loose orders or mixed flavours allowed.
Min. order: 2 ctn for FREE delivery.

hong
My sis recommend this to me. I didn't order before coz she order I eat... If got enough order of 8 boxes, I don't mind to collate the order.

As for Jan, give her more time to adjust and also at the same time find out any particular reason of her constant crying like maybe she don't like the boy who touch her on first day.

sy
Actually I find the mini roll is okay, not that fantastic kind. However, my sis, her sons and her colleagues all loves it leh. Even my boy loves it. I don't understand, maybe my taste bud standard is higher.

Jas,
Janelle very insecure but the school told me she is better today. I feel so much relief.

Wah so many pc in a box, dun know can finished or not. i think i am more interested in Black forest.

How come ur sister get so many mini roll? For urself har?

JasTan,
I am squeezing my bb sleeping time & watch. Actually I am not a great fan of Korea series, it's my hubby tat influence me.
As for mini rolls, I dun mind getting a box & try too. Pls get me the blackforest flavour too.
happy.gif

hong,
Glad tat Janelle is doing ok in the school. Is she a shy girl?

hi mummies,
i will drop by baby care fest at the expo tomorrow during lunch, anything u want me to check out for you?

hong
At least you can set your mind today know Jan is better. My sis join in the group buy when her colleague arrange one last year. She only get two boxes then.

carrie
Can help to check whether is there any things for toddler or mostly for babies. Also any diapers promotion. Thanks.

mummies
Maybe I start a poll on how many are interested in the mini roll group buy. Once I got enough nos, will place the order.

Black forest flavor (1 ctn)
1) hong - 1 box
2) cat_tail - 1 box
3) jastan - 1 box
4)

Strawberry flavor (1 ctn)
1) jastan - 1 box
2)
3)
4)

Carrie,
Can you please see if there are discounts for Avent products and what kind of products are mostly for sale. I'm more interested in baby stuff. Thanks.

Hi all, thank you for your well-wishes!

Carrie - will try your recipe sometime. the ingredients easily available at chinese herb store?

Dd is down with throat infection and having high fever since yesterday. so worried..somemore don't want to drink water..tried all means to get her to drink but no use. Now have to force her.

Talking about the babyfair, actually planning to go tmr too. I registered dd for the bb idol contest n she got shortlist for the brightest eyes category. thought it will be fun...but she's sick and think i will not bring her.

Ya, can check for us what good delas is there carrie? You work near the expo? Used to work in one of the logistics company there too.

Hi all,
Oleander
congrats! You must take care yah
happy.gif

Jastan
You taking order for the rolls. How are we to collect from you?
Mummies,
I was at the taka fair. Not so many things that are good unless you thinking of getting the avent stuff. Saw the new avent eletric pump.Quite good leh. Now got discount at $279 and lots of freebies so vone and jilian, you might wan to go take a look.
Carrie,
U going to expo? I might go there on Sat.
Update on good bargains ok
happy.gif

hi mummies,
will check out and keep you updated..
happy.gif

hi oleander,
the herbs are easily available at the chinese medical halls..
happy.gif

Carrie,
Thanks. Will wait for ur update!

Cat,
She is not really a shy girl but she just become shy infront of guys. So the crying is going to last for a week. I hope for better next week.
Last nite, she refused my hubby again. I have try very hard so she is willing to interact with her daddy.

We are bringing her to expo tonite. Hopefully can reach there before it close.

Oleander,
thats a pity. The child must be that?

hi mummies,
just came back from the baby care fest, they do have baby and toddler products.. sorry if i missed out anything..

diaper promo: pureen n eq
childhood education: learning vision
insurance: aia, prudential, hsbc
slimming related: citispa, beyond beauty, osim
fm: nestle, friso
others: farlin, les enphants, mom in mind, nuk, miele, mother & baby, new baby (confinement catering)

oreos, vone gt no more ss liao. tink u gt me mixed up wif some1 else.
happy.gif

carrie, tks a lot 4 d update. so in ur opinion, is d fair worth going??

Carrie,
So fast u come back! Is there any Maxi-Cosi car seat? Or else got to go to Kaki Bukit & buy liao.
happy.gif
I think will go down & get Nestle FM if it is cheap! Maybe get a carton or so..

hong,
Janelle so cute, so young already so shy to guys! Yah, it takes time for her to get familar with her new environment. U dun worry too much. Take gd care of your yourself ok.
happy.gif

Me too, tonite I may be going to Expo, see how my ah lao got time or not.

hi vone,
unless you want to take part in any of the competitions or visit other fairs (watson's fair @ hall 5a & chinese book fest @ hall 5), otherwise i don't think it is necessary to come specially for the bb care fest (hall 5b)..

hi cat_tail,
i dropped by the fest during lunch time, so can't afford to take too long.. do not see any maxi-cosi car seat on sale..

carrie
wat watson's fair?? got anything good there?

hee all mummies stay in east here so if wan to go, quite convenient still

hi vone,
u r welcome..
happy.gif

hi sy,
i duno how to comment on watson's fair lei.. if u interested in ginvera, bio-essence, xando, red sun, himalaya, plush, complete products, maybe can go n take a look.. their fair selling like 8% of the brands they carry at their outlets, some having gift with purchase..

Cat,

Do u think i will bump into u? hahaha.. I am wearing a maternity jumper suit today. I may be bringing Janelle 1st then ask her daddy to go there after he KO.

Ur girl drinking Nestle? Mine drinking Friso but we also find the FM not really cheap at the fair. I tried nestle before and she doesnt like it.

Carrie,
thanks for ur update!

Hong - ya the child must be there.

Carrie - thx for the info. seems like not so much things ya..don't know want to go or not..

oreos
I haven't really think of the collection yet, but since we all stay in the East, maybe can meet at Parkway. Of course those stay near Pine Close, will collect near Pine Close.

I also might be going for Baby Fest on Sat but it in the evening. Nowadays weather so hot esp in the afternoon, so only go out in the evening instead.

You tried the new Avent electric pump? Looks stylo but not sure how effective is it as compared to Medela. However, the price is not cheap (before discount).

carrie
Thanks for the info. I like EQ wipes. But seems like nothing much exciting there. Now considering whether to go or not.

mummies
If anyone interested to join the group buy of mini rolls, please update your name and quantity.

Most probably I will get them to deliver to Pine Close, then the collection will either be Pine Close or Parkway.

Black forest flavor (1 ctn)
1) hong - 1 box
2) cat_tail - 1 box
3) jastan - 1 box
4)

Strawberry flavor (1 ctn)
1) jastan - 1 box
2)
3)
4)

Back