2005 East Mommies

carrie/cat_tail/hong/odie
You are right, I better don't let my anger get the better of me. Of course getting one near my parents. Sure will update again when there is any progress.

hong
Will definately inform you when I am placing orders.

JasTan
i agree with the rest. when guys relent, must grab the chance fast. every time my hb takes a step back n i still stay angry, he will get angry in the end n ask me why i cannot just forget it...good luck!

hi jas/carrie,
i wld like to collect from marine parade.. jus let me know when.. i m staying at laguna pk.. been confined to bedrest but been craving 4 all sorts of food.. cant imagine living in the east(gourmet area) n not being able to go out to eat.. sigh! will arrange my logistics...

Vone,
My bjorn is serving me well but it can only carry a weight of up to 10kg. My gal already 8kg so at times I also feel that my shoulder and back going to break. My fren got an ERGO and she says it's so comfy! Price of an ERGO cheaper than a Bjorn some more.
Jilian,
So far my gal mot so picky. I have even given her EBM that I have deep freeze 6 months ago to try. She is ok with it.
Jas,
The ERGO can carry weight of up to 23kg. So can carry a weight of a 5 year old! At times when I go out alone, stroller so difficult. Think carrier the best.
Interested?

oreos,
do u hv a pic of the ERGO carrier? m also using bjorn now.. shoulders aching after carrying a 10kg boy!

ethel
Are you feeling better today? why bed rest? Do take care...

oreos
Can carry up to 23kg ah? Sounds good. Actually I am more interested in the side carry position. Last Friday night brought my boy to Fort Canning Park for wedding dinner, kena playout by the taxi driver, dropped us at the museum behind the fire station saying 'The Legend' at Fort Canning Park is just up there. Alight from taxi and check with the guard there and was told it is far up ahead, so got to walk up. Was carrying my boy and walked all the way up to the Fort Canning Centre, and my arms are almost breaking. Let my boy down and walked together to the destination - 'The Legends'. Good thing my boy was cooperative that night, he came down to walk when I told him mummy's hand is breaking. The place is so difficult find, so quiet and dark.

Hi jastan
THe new generation ergo can carry by the side also.Vone gave a website. Why dun you take a look. THe unfortunate thing is that this is only available online ...
Why the taxi driver so blur one? You went there alone?

Jas,

Let the tod walks. They are too heavy for us to carry. I also make Janelle walk, i really cannot carry her.

The taxi driver too much. Ur hubby didnt attend the dinner with u?

Ethel,
U take care... Sound serious to bed rest. Are u in ur 1st trimester?

Mommies,
i have some storage qns to ask.
Beside the milk storage bag and those bottle from hospital. Any other storage we can use?

Hong,
I bought the Avent feeding bottles and the VIA plastic storage cups. Both can store/freeze/sterilize.

Hong,
Before I got the AVENT bags coz they were out of stock for the longest time, I used the plastic bags with the red string . You know, the type that drink stall holders used to hold their drinks before plastic cups came into the picture?
I would store BM in there coz these bags are also pre sterilised b4 they are packed.Also a very cheap alternative. When I wan to thaw, I just break the bag, throw the block of milk into a container and leave it into the chiller of the fridge to defrost.Only thing is that you need to do your own self labelling on the bag as well as the qty that you have bagged in coz these bags got no scale lah
happy.gif

I have a mini sealer so I seal the filled BM bag with that. Alternatively, can use rubber bands also
happy.gif

Initally, scared my gal drink EBM from those bags not so good but so far no loose stools or tummy ache!! (Touch wood!)
Hope this info helps.

Jilian, Oreos,

thanks for the tips.

Jilian,
Wat is VIA plastic storage cups? Is that Avent product?

vone,hong, jas:
i went to hv b'fast in the mroning, craving for carrot cake, then when i got out of the car, felt some water dripping.. tot was my son's ribena bottle.. then i notice my son holding his own bottle, then i realised i was bleeding. i was in my 13wk.. was like waterfall.. had the shock of my life.. lucky hubby wif me n we went to gynea immediately... was dripping from carpark to clinic. haha.. didnt hv time to go back to change.. only had a towel with me.. was warded immediately and till now gynea say the clot is still inside so rest in bed till later notice. lucky bb is ok.. now at 20wks..
oreos,
gd method of storing EBM! will try tat the next time...
happy.gif

Hong,
Yes, cos apparently Avent not manufacturing their storage bags anymore. So maybe the ones see in the market are old stock. They now have the new disposable storage system called the VIA storage. It's like plastic containers. They call it disposable because supposedly can only sterilize 3 times then throw or use to keep other stuff.

But at the taka fair, I asked the Avent sales person and they said that as long as the plastic container seals tightly and don't leak, can keep on using. Avent advise to throw after 3 x sterilization is cos they afraid the plastic go out of shape and the milk leak when not stored properly. The VIA is the one with the blue lids.

Jilian,
I saw that too.. thanks! i will keep a look out for that.

Ethel,
U also having July baby too? Same as me?
Have u gone for ur detail scan? Must be more careful then. Who cook for u and look after ur boy now?

oreos/hong
hubby attend the dinner as well but I told him to wait for us there since his office - at Somsert is very near to Fort Canning, no point ask him come down to Tampines and then go up again. Was in the same cab together with hubby's friend and his wife and a 7mth bb gal, they also attending the dinner and staying in Tampines too.

hong
I carried him half of the journey coz we are late for the dinner. Let him walk himself, is too slow liao...

Of course you can't carry Jan in the stage your are in now.

I used to use avent storage bags to store, didn't use glass bottles as too space consuming and can't store much.

ethel
Oh, you better have a good rest. Good thing is that the bb is well.

hong,
I've also heard of mothers who freeze their emb in ice cube trays. Then when it is frozen, they will put the cubes into the ziplock bags to saves space in the freezer. Also they say it's easier to thaw the milk and also can just take what is needed instead of thawing the whole container of frozen milk.

Hi Ethel... rest well. Glad that things are fine!

Jas... I think I will die halfway there if I need to carry my boy. That's why I have never used the carrier we bought. So far we only rely on stroller. :p Hope you are feeling better and no longer upset with your hubby.

Jas,
yah i cant carry Janelle. She is way too heavy for me now. Even my hubby find taxing carrying her.

Jilian,
that is a very very gd idea. Very clever method too.

ethel, good to hear that everything is ok now.. u take good care ya..
happy.gif

vone, last time i saved your number with one digit short leh.. can pm me your contact again.. paiseh
we'll go la-kopi one of these days...
btw.. do you go marketing during weekend at the bedok reservoir market?

Jilian/Hong,
Just to share,
If you are going to try the freeze tray method, ensure that it is the type with a lid on top coz if you share the same fridge with other frozen food like fish and all, the smell will go into your EBM
happy.gif

I find that trays are good to store stock and cook porridge when bb needs to wean and is eating solid food. Just take a cube of stock, dump it into the slow cooker with the fish and the rice and you get good porridge with solid stock thrown in !
Ethel,
so scary one... you must rest well ok
happy.gif
Dun worry so much
thanks for the pat on the back on EBM storage
happy.gif
Hiak Hiak!!
biggrin.gif

Jas,
I suppose to attend wedding dinner this weekend and not so keen to go coz my gal goes to bed early. She sleeps like 8.30pm. What's your advise?

ethel,
glad to hear that you and your bb are doing ok now. do take care.
happy.gif

oreos
i remember reading in another thread on freezing stock and pureed food for bb when they start solids. it's a pretty convenient way and cheap too! but u r right, must get those with lids.

phoebe,
my mum's fren say that bedok got a market that has a lot of fish stalls. u know abt that?

hong,
i think my edd is end july.. when suppose to do detail scan? i forgot liao.. erm.. i usually eat out.. not healthy hor.. i also dunno wat is gd 4 me.. as for my son, i usually plan the week's menu n my maid will cook..
happy.gif
now cannot do much chor kang.. cannot even go shopping..
i use those little gerber containers for weaning food. they hv lid on it., then i bought thosc fancy ice cube trays from ikea.. and cover with glad wrap.
sy,
my mom usually gets her fish from the market opp temasek jc.. fish fresh.

SY,
I do that for my gal and it is really convienent. Every evening I just go to the freezer, choose what I want her to have for the next day, transfer the container to the chiller part to thaw and the next day, my maid will just put into the food warmer to warm it up for her to eat. In that way, I can control the amt and the type of food she consumes.Hee! "psuedo remote control"
kao_clap.gif

Also, it makes economic sense. I mean, I cannot be cooking 10 peas to feed her if I wan to give her greens for the day's feed. So I cook a whole bunch and then deep freeze it.

This is when the glass jars and bottles for EBM come in useful. I dun use the glass bottles for EBM anymore coz too small in qty. So I label them by food types and I use it to store pureed food.
proud.gif

Ethel,
Sorry to hear that, do rest well.

Hi mummies,
U can enjoy a 50% off on Pigeon Peristaltic bottle at PP Isetan in exchange of any bottle. Promotion lasts for 1 month.
happy.gif

ethel
detailed scan is at 20 weeks right?

if you have maid how come u r still eating out often? shd try to eat home cooked food. i din have maid when i was preggy and eat out so often. my bb quite small initially and only managed to put on weight towards last few months after i started taking some 'dong chong cao'

opp temasek jc? is the selection of fish good? ex or not?

oreos
i will use that method next time. much more convenient and can easily tell the maid what to cook. so u will cook a lot at one shot and then store in bottles to freeze? how long can we keep that?

hi ethel,
you rest well and take care..
happy.gif

hi mummies,
was just wondering, why we can freeze EBM but not FM? if our babies unable to finish, we have to throw it away, can't even keep it for long.. FM so expensive, feel the pinch to waste the milk.. i used to finish it but after some time, i stopped.. haha..

carrie
u finish the FM for your bb? i din like the smell...good question. can freeze FM or not? really waste leh and so ex....

Carrie,
Wah u so good, can finish up the FM! I cannot take the taste... very yucky.

Why cannot freeze leftover FM? Hmm... maybe it's already been touched so consider not "clean" anymore. Like sterilised instrument.. once touch consider not clean..haha... what am I talking abt.
lame.gif

hi sy & cat_tail,
yes, i finish the FM for my bb, i don't like the smell n taste too, but endured lor..
389811.gif

hi mummies,
looks like the swiss rolls order not moving anymore, i will consolidate with my colleagues' then.. no more changes for all, (jas, u still want 1 black forest n 1 strawberry?)

odie
Thanks for asking, I am okay now. At least started talking to hubby now, but housing issue only start to get the ball rolling again via email.

Sometimes I use pram as well but I find it quite bulky to carry around esp in buses. MRT still not too bad. If I am alone, I will not bring the pram, if hubby is around and depending on where we go, if places like parks that needs lot of moving around, will probably bring it along.

oreos
It depends on whether how close you are with the wedding couple. Hubby attending also? If not, then can you attend alone and leave your gal with hubby? If yes, is your gal able to fall asleep in nosiy environment without getting crunky? By the way, how old your gal now? I brought my boy to the SIL wedding dinner when he's 6mths old and he's okay, but we leave immediately after the 2nd last dish. If you are bringing your gal, just make sure she is dressed sufficient coz sometimes the aircon can be cold (hat, socks). Also I brought my boy out of the ballroom before the yam seng session.

carrie
Quite wasteful to throw away the FM hor... my mum used to do that when my boy refuse to drink FM on several occassion after she makes them - sometimes she mix in her coffee. But for me I never do that, I will just pour away as I scare to put on weight...

I think this question can only be answered by the FM company... but I think their anwers is not to keep so that they can sell more FM and make more $$$...

Yes I still want 1 black forest n 1 strawberry flavour. This is the final order list from this thread.

Black forest flavor (2 ctns)
1) hong - 1 box (pine close)
2) cat_tail - 1 box (pine close)
3) phoebe - 1 box (???)
4) carrie - 1 box (pine close)
5) ethel - 1 box (marine parade)
6) jastan - 1 box (pine close/tampines)
7)
8)

Strawberry flavor (1 ctn)
1) jastan - 2 boxes (pine close/tampines)
2)
3)

I have indicated the collection pt beside each orders as well.

Just to check, you intend to make the order instead? Need to consolidate the delivery venue, as I think they only deliver to one location per order (need to double confirm with the distributor).

phoebe
You collecting from Pine Close?

Wah Carrie... you good leh. I can't stand the smell either. Yucky. Not sure about freezing the FM but can store in fridge for 12 hours. This is stated on the tin for Mead Johnson products (my boy takes Enfapro). I also remember reading this in a famous reference book written by Dr Spocks. If it is 20ml I don't usually bother :p But if quite a fair bit I will put into the fridge and warm it up for the next feed.

Jas... glad to hear that things are ok and moving along.

jas, aiyo, d taxi driver is so bad. u gt his taxi no or nt?? mus write in 2 complain.

ethel, oh no, tt sounds scary. u better hv a gd rest okie.

phoebe, okie, i sms u my no liao.
happy.gif
i dun go mktg @ d bedok res mkt. tink my fil goes thr. heard tt they shifted 2 another location due 2 d upgrading.

vone,
thks.. no more outings 4 me till aug.. then another mth of confinement.. sigh!
SY,
the tot of planning my meals, i no apetite alrdy.. dunno wat to cook.. wat shld i eat ah?? first pregancy , i was very kiasu, second qt relax.. even drink coke here n there.. i only know must eat lots of fish.. i dun even take those prenatal milk.. the sight n smell of it makes me wanna puke..

EBM different.. pump like mad.. like squeezin blood.. i also make sure my son finishes every drop! if next bb cannot finish EBM, i will jus mix with my son's FM..
happy.gif
no wastage

hi mummies,
will get them to deliver the mini rolls this friday evening.. fine for all? if any of you not free then, i will keep for you first..
happy.gif

Vone... yup... the market moved to a makeshift location. The brand new market is up and running since early March.

Carrie,
u very gd. NO wastage. I dun dare to take the FM.

Ethel,
U did regular checkup? Gynae never tell u when is ur detailed scan? Shld be going ard 20 - 23 week. I am already 23 week that mean u will be ard 21 - 22 weeks.

Oreo, i never freeze the stock for my girl. I just cooked when i need. May be i only cook during weekend so no need to do that.

Mommies,
I have my detail scan today and everything went well. 100% confirm i am having a little boy this time. Baby weigh 530g, slightly lighter than my daughter. Anyway, i told my hubby that i cant help him to carry another 4kg baby again.

Carrie, u ordering? Fri shouldn't be a problem, think I am back by thenz.
happy.gif

hong,
Janelle was 4kg?!! Wah say! Did u eat a lot of tonic last time?

Jilian, cat
Thanks.

Cat,
i didnt eat alot of tonic. I think is the durian that my ILs get me. I heard very "Pu".
Last week of my Edd i am still eating durian. This time didnt really "pu".

Hi Hong... good for you! One girl one boy. Perfect!

I hope for my next pregnancy I get a girl.

Wow.... 4kg. Pei fu!

vone
We know the taxi no coz it is a called cab. Hubby was telling me can complain but the driver is an old ah pei, kena complain quite poor thing also.

ethel
You mean you can't go out at all, got to stay at home till delivery?

carrie
I don't think Ethel can collect it since she is now under bed rest.

mummies who order the mini roll
Carrie had kindly assist in helping with the ordering of the mini roll, she will be getting them to deliver this Friday evening, so you can collect from her (Pine Close). Thanks Carrie for the effort and assistant.

doctor say cannot drive.. no walking, no shopping etc. was planning to go perth then everything poof! sigh!
i also hv 2 nites free hotel stay in phuket.. also cannot go.. hubby say after delivery then we go.. ya rite, with a terrible 2 n a breastfeeding infant, how to bring the whole circus to phuket?

hong,
going to c my gynea tmrw.. will ask her when my detail scan is..
carrie,
i will assign my mom to collect for me.. she is a Parkway Parade fan.. hubby in jkt on fri.. one box how many swiss rolls ah?
where shld i collect? i prefer marine pde..

sy, i dun know about bedok market leh.. it's quite far from my place.. only went to the one at bedok reservoir..

vone, the market upgrading has completed.. now very clean with dry floor..
happy.gif

jas, marine parade where ar? issit PP?

ethel, if u feel bored, come in & chat wif us okie.
happy.gif

odie, is it?? i thot d old mkt is still undergoing reno. mmm... mus chk it out liao.
happy.gif

hong, CONGRATS!!
kao_biggrin.gif
wah, u solid leh. my boy was 3.94kg at birth & i can't tahan liao.

jas, oic. u r veri kind hearted. tink if it's me, he's sure 2 b invited 2 drink kopi @ lta. hehe...

phobe, ic. mus really chk it out liao.
happy.gif

hi hong,
congrats to you!
happy.gif

hi ethel,
will pass by your area when i on my way home then, to pass the mini rolls to you.. there are 42 pcs in 1 box..
happy.gif

hi mummies,
still have 1 box of black forest mini rolls outstanding, any takers?

Ya hong,
I heard durian can make bb grow! SO this round, u better control your craving for durian, maybe change to swiss roll.
happy.gif

vone
Me kind-heartened, maybe more on soft-hearted lah. Lucky he is an old man, if he is those 40-50s type, he sure kena drink coffee liao..

phoebe
Carrie is helping in the mini roll order this time. Better to check with her, but if you prefer to collect at PP, I can meet you on Sunday late morning around 11.30pm to 12pm to pass it to you. I can get your share from Carrie first.

Gals,
thanks for well wishes.

Vone,
Aiyo ur 3.94kg is not much diff from my 4kg leh. I used epid that time, the nurse give me a full dose and i have not pain when i am abt to give birth. This time is diff gynae and he very pro nature birth with no epid. i just hoped my boy and body very coporative. Let me dilated fast, baby in the right position and i have a short labour.

Cat,
I got no craving at all but ILs get me i cannot reject. So just eat one or two seeds but still end up so big. hahha...
This time also no craving.. i told my hubby he very fortuante else he will be very busy.

Ethel,
do update us ok. pls be careful.
Holiday can go anytime, health more impt.

Carrie,
thanks for ordering the cake.

Jas,
i collect the cake from u on sat? I will be busy from morning till noon. We are bringing Janelle to her singing class then a wedding lunch. So may end up 2pm, i think u will be out by then. When will u be back home? U sms me ok!

Odie,
U like girl?? Yah can doll the girl. till now i am still looking at clothes for my daughter.

Mommies,
My daughter kena mild Rota Virus.. Haizzzz. she is weak, no appetite cos she has diarrhea so cant feed her milk. She doesnt like soya milk.
Fever is like 38-39 degree range.

We have no idea how she got it.

Must wash urs and ur child hand more often especially after toilet visit.

Back