2005 East Mommies

sj
Thanks for the receipes. Will note them and try sometime.

twinsmummy
You can download the file to know the details, this way won't be confused. I always refer to it.
Good to hear that your boys are doing well now. It's not easy to go through those times when they are in the NICU.

hong
The slimming gel effective ah? Maybe I should give it a try too.

twinsmummy,
I guess so, but can't recall where we chatted? Haha.. poor memory of me.

Yup, read abt little Jadon's story & my tears just can't stop rolling down even though I seen so many cases like tat in my hospital. Poor boy, got to go thru a lot.

Jas,
they give sample. Give it a try no harm. They use red pepper/ capsicorn extract to burn out fats.. etc... better read up at the web. I will do a lousy explaination here. After applying give u a heating sensation. Best if u rub it before doing exercise, will slim down even faster.

Phoebe,
I mean u wanted to have twins har?

Twinsmummy,
must be really hard on u. You must have spent alot on their bills.

Yup yup... I am confused too. Only agar agar who is who :p

SJ... your children feeling better today?

TwinsMummy... I'm ok. Otherwise I wouldn't have talked about it ;) Talking it out made me walk out of it actually. How big are your boys now? It must have been a really tough period. Yup... I read about little Jadon. I feel so sad everytime I see the photos.

Odie,
I used to that too. Tried to play around with the food. Sometimes it turn out ok... Even now, I'll try it also... I have things like fishballs, veg, frozen lasagne(I made it) etc in the fridge just in case the food turn out horrible!

Cat_tail,
Of coz! Recipes that are mentioned here are recommended for 6mths & above. Hope I have add varieties for you...

SY,
Not alot lah.. No choice also... My girl was a fussy eater(not anymore) and my boy eat whatever I cook. So I enjoy cooking varieties for them. Now that they are eating with us, I always try out new recipes. For my girl, She always wants to know what food is good for what, sometimes I also dun know so always tell her it will make her pretty( she's quite a health freak). My hubby likes varieties also...

Cat_tail,
Aiyo... me no "Fang Tai" la...
kao_shy.gif
Will try to remember/find more recipes for you all. Good things must share...

TwinsMummy
Happy for you that your babies are doing well now.
happy.gif

Odie
Thanks Odie.. They are much better today, messing up the house! Glad that you are ok now. Sometimes it's gd to talk it out than to bottle up everything. Where did you read abt little Jadon? Heard abt it but have not read/see anything.

hong, u dun wish ti have twins leh.. sure faint if i realyl strike with twins

cat_tail, Jadon already on the way to recovery.. no more swollen face also... seeing his cute little face without tubes...
happy.gif

realyl look like pris hor..

carrie,
i think those flabs on yr tummy are hard to go off.. my gf has 3 boys n spent thousands of $ on those slimming centers.. she does look good overall but i notice her tummy is still there.. i resign to fate. i dun like to excercise but i guess i will keep the flap 4 my son to lie on :p (self consoling) i lost quit alot of weight after my first son.. started at 50kgs, gained 18kgs then back to 47kgs after the 1st mth after delivery.. i was lucky then.. now expecting the 2nd child.. hopefully can loose the weight,,
happy.gif

twinsmummy,
twins must be tough but imagine double the joy of looking at them... i terrified of the delivery part lah.. so wanted twins to get it over n done with!! to think back abt my delivery, my hair still stand! my hubby say i useless, labour only 2 hrs complain like mad.. i told him to try getting yrself cut up n stitched back .. see if its fun...

twinsmummy, oic. then u jus turn a deaf ear 2 his qns lor. tt's wat i do 2 my mil. i pretend tt i dun understd wat she says. hehe... gosh, ur boys r veri small. m glad tt everything turn out fine 4 u.
happy.gif

jas, if u r nt particular abt d location, tink thr r some walk in selections 4 new flats. u can take a look.

sj_ong, oh no... r ur kids better nw??

sj,
U are very good in cooking! I am saving all your recipes so I can try on my gal...heehee..
Weekends, I made some prunes puree & feed her, but alas, she puked out. Then when I tasted it, it's a little sour..haha.. this mummy.. really dun noe how to cook.
lame.gif

Btw, is it normal for my baby to be picky at this age? I try some borcolli & carrot for her, but she doesn't seems to like it.

hong
The slimming seems not bad leh. Any idea how much it cost and where to get it huh? However there's an ingredient = Caffine used, I thought caffine is not good for the body? So your mum still using it now?

ethel
Wow you really lose weight fast? For me, I kept putting on during preggie and even after birth of my boy.

vone
I am looking more at Tampines area which my parent's place is. currently those walk-in-selection are mostly quite far from Tampines. Anyway, thanks for the info.

cat_tail
I am not too sure whether at this age, baby will be picky, but I don't think they should.

Jas,
Caffine no gd? I dun know leh..
yah my mum still using. Last time someone batch order so i buy a tube from one of them. This time i order more so they send to my place cos my mum collick also getting.

I think each tube cost $42. Buy more cheaper lor.

Cat,
Try the brocoli and carrot again. U add them into the porriage or just fed the vege like that?

Ethel,
u not bad lah.. i havent manage to get rid of my fats from my 1st pregnancy and i am preggie again. I am those who hitting 70kg.... luckily this pregnancy i gain slower.

hi ethel,
thanks for sharing.. i gained about 11kg during pregnancy and managed to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight 2 months after giving birth, but the flabs are annoying.. and my waistline and hip still need sculpting..

poor gals gone through so much stress and pain, the hubbies still dare to complain that we have gone out of shape..
377260.gif

Hong
We spent about S$50K in total. All pay through Medisave.

Odie
It was tough. The experience at NICU was like a roller coaster. If you had been following Jadons case closely, you will know the trauma we went through.
Thank God. Besides the hernia surgery and ROP on their eyes, they do not have to go through any other surgeries. They were breathing and sucking well before discharge. We were lucky...

Sj
Thanks
happy.gif

Phoebe/ Cat Tail
Jadon very cute hor.. Love his big round eyes.
You both met Pris before?

Ethel
I never wanted normal delivery. When I found out that I was expecting twins, I took it for granted that it will be C section, so dun bother to read or find out more about normal delivery.
Then, on that day, my gynae said Babys head showing. Why want to do C Section? Try Then I blur blur kena pushed in and blur blur push out the 2 little rascals.
The stitching after that was NO JOKE.

Vone
I am not answering to his questions any more. Hb does all the talking now.
I am a rebellious DIL.

Jas Tan
I am still fat leh.. My tummy is flabby. I think I over ate when I was expressing BM. Always hungry.
Now have to suffer the consequence. I still have 3 stubborn KG to shed...
You think the slimming cream can help me? :p

Cat Tail
My elder boy is pretty receptive to new food. My younger boy is fussier. I am also having headache with their food.
I need tips from the experienced mummies here.

hong,
I made into puree & serve them with sweet potato alone but she dun like it! Then I put a little bit with porridge, and at least she eats a bit.
sad.gif

Twinsmummy,
I never met Pris but there's a few Aug mums trying to help her. Ya, Jadon got very expressive eyes.

Busy day for me today... taking a break before my head breaks :p

SJ... I tried the egg custard over the weekend. My boy likes it but his appetite not as good as before. Still have not recover from the flu.

TwinsMummy... glad that your boys are doing well. Bet that they must be a handful now.

Cat... I read that if the baby rejects the food initially... wait for another one or two weeks before you try again. My boy initially hates brown rice... but now munching it all up. Try and introduce as much as possible. Babies are more receptive to new food before they hit 1 yr old... after that will be tougher.

As for weight gain... I only put on 9kg for my pregnancy and lost everything within a month. But still... I have a flabby lower abdominal leh. I think it is unpreventable. Nowadays I have to finish my boy's leftover food... all the more no hope to get rid of the tummy :p

Busy day for me today... taking a break before my head breaks :p

SJ... I tried the egg custard over the weekend. My boy likes it but his appetite not as good as before. Still have not recover from the flu.

TwinsMummy... glad that your boys are doing well. Bet that they must be a handful now.

Cat... I read that if the baby rejects the food initially... wait for another one or two weeks before you try again. My boy initially hates brown rice... but now munching it all up. Try and introduce as much as possible. Babies are more receptive to new food before they hit 1 yr old... after that will be tougher.

As for weight gain... I only put on 9kg for my pregnancy and lost everything within a month. But still... I have a flabby lower abdominal leh. I think it is unpreventable. Nowadays I have to finish my boy's leftover food... all the more no hope to get rid of the tummy :p

hong,
I made into puree & serve them with sweet potato alone but she dun like it! Then I put a little bit with porridge, and at least she eats a bit.
sad.gif

Twinsmummy,
I never met Pris but there's a few Aug mums trying to help her. Ya, Jadon got very expressive eyes.

vone
Thanks for your concern... They r ok now and bk in school today. At least I can take a break, just came bk from parkway and did some shopping too. Cannot take it, have not been shopping for the whole week!

Cat_tail
No lah, not very good also... learning stage. When I have my girl, I cant cook that well too. I agree w Odie, wait for a wk or more then let her try again. When my girl started solids, it took her more than 2months to start enjoying food! My boy enjoys his solids when he started on it, but now, he will tells you what he likes or dislikes. So this is very individual.

Odie
Hope your boy will recover soon.. Maybe he's not feeling well and that's why he not eating much. Same for my boy, his appetite has not been good lately coz he was sick too but is picking up. Very different from his sis.

Ladies
Aiyo.. Envy some of you putting on average weight during pregnancy. I put on 25-27kg each time. Have 4kg to pre-preggie size, don bother anymore(kidding myself). My craving during those days were all the fattening food. Recently started roller-bladding w my friend, used to do it before babies were born. No choice have to do something liao, coz of all the goodies during x'mas and new year.

twinsmummy, yup... met pris to pass her some bb stuff. these few days no updates on Jadon progress leh... guess pris must be busy learning on how to take care of jadon.

sj ong, how i missed those roller blading days. my blade are rotting in the store room.. haha

twinsmummy
I think you are doing quite well, only left 3kg more to lose taking into consideration that you are expecting twins then.

Me too, ate too much when expressing BM. I think sometimes it is a blessing to be blur blur, and blur blur had normal delivery.

Not sure how's the effect of the slimming cream, seems like not bad though. Actually can try out.

hong
don't worry too much on your weight. I am those hitting almost hitting 80kg for my 1st pregnancy. You are quite safe...

odie
Wow you only gain 9kg... so envy... I gain 20kg and it's no joke.. I am so rounded then

Now I share food with my boy, so that I won't have to eat his leftover.

sj_ong
Now I don't dare to be preggie without first losing all the weight gain from the 1st pregnancy. Same as you, those days my appetite was so good, and worst craving all those fattening food - esp old chang kee curry puff and any potato food, an everyday must have snack during the 1st trimster and 1st half of 2nd trimster.

Wow you know know to roller-blade, I have never learn how to do this.

sj_ong,
Wah Say, takes 2 mths! I am sort of afraid my gal will turn out to be the same picky eater as me. Haha..

Wow Phoebe & sj_ong,
U 2 so styloo.. can do roller blading!
Me too, I want to shake away my fat. Think I am so naive tat my fats can automatic disappear but it's still there! Geee... I am such a lazy mommy... So now I sign up the Pilates class during my lunch time & hopefully can melt away my spare tyre.

odie
when to start intro solid? think it sounds quite fun.. like experimenting with bb

re weight gain
i have 5kg that i can't seem to lose... n the tummy still flabby... how?

What happen to everyone??? Why so quiet? :p

Jas... alot of pple were envious because I don't gain alot. But they don't know that I had my stresses too... weight gain wasn't satisfactory will increase the likelihood of stillborn. Every visit to my gynae he will shake his head. By the 3rd tri I really try and eat alot but cannot even hit 10kg. But surprisingly my baby was huge 8.5 pounds!!

SY... I think it depends on how comfy you are. Some start at 4 months and some at 6 months. But whatever it is... your baby must have doubled the birth weight, can sit up with support and no gag reflexes. I started my boy when he was 4 month old.

sj_ong, gd 2 hear tt ur kids r okie liao.
happy.gif

aiyo... talking abt weight gain during pregnancy, tink i gave up liao. m 2 lazy 2 do anything these days + my wk load had incr a lot these days. so no time 2 do anything liao. haiz...

hi mummies,
how's everybody? hope things are fine for all of you.. this thread has been quiet for the past few days and i happen to read up on bb jadon's case too.. so poor thing, tears just rolled down when i saw the pics.. think i will collapse and cry like mad.. i was so sad and kept crying when my baby was re-admitted then for jaundice.. anyway, happy to learn that bb jadon is recovering fast and will be discharged soon..
378962.gif

my baby boy has been waking up at about 5am for the past few days and will stay up for some time before he falls back to sleep.. me like a panda already.. stressed at work due to uncertainties and unstable future, feel so vexed and lost..
378963.gif

Phoebe
Can you hear your blades calling for you? Gagaga...

JasTan
Good to hear that I'm not the only one craving for the wrong food...

Cat_tail
My girl was really testing my patience then.. No lah, can move around, not like those that can do stunts. Gd that you are doing pilates when you have time, wanted to do it too but was lazy.

Odie
Wow.... Your boy is heavy! My kids were 8pounds too when born but my weight gain is very different from you leh..

Carrie
You can pour out your problems here if you want. We'll be here to lend you listening ears.

Mommies
I'll be working next wk and might not have time to give you recipe. So here are 2 recipes:

<font color="aa00aa">Beacurd &amp; French Bean Congee</font>
Ingredients:
~ 1 Ch sp diced beancurd
~ 3/4 ch sp thinly sliced french beans(don forget to remove strings)
~ 1 ch sp rice
~ veg stock

Method
~ Cook rice with stock. Towards the end, add beans and boil till tender and soft, then add beancurd. Pureed if necessary.

Note: Add carrot if you want and other greens like broccoli florets.

<font color="aa00aa">Beancurd Dinner</font>
Ingredients
~ 1 ch sp sieved liver(scraped/minced meat)
~ 2pcs beancurd slice(from roll)
~ 1 ch sp cooked mashed carrot/pumpkin

Method
~ Place beancurd on a small plate. Place liver/meat on top and pile with carrot/pumpkin. Steam for abt 5mins. Serve with porridge/mashed potato.
Note: For the liver/meat, I boil it till almost/half done and blend it then place over beancurd. You can steam it when cooking rice. Place it in cooker 5mins before rice is cooked.

Hope that your babies will like these bearncurd dishes... Again, these are suitable for 6months and above.

hi all! good to be back here..

have not been feeling very well the past few days. gastric and flu. my period was late. use the home preg test kit n went to GP - test positive. but went to gynae to scan - nothing seen yet. did u guys experienced same situation before? feel kind of doubtful actually that i cannot see the preg sac yet..gynae asked to go back again next week.

I gained a lot too during the 1st preg. almost 20kg. and my bb was small - around 2.7kg only. now shed all off, even 2 kg less than pre-preg weight. guess its with the bf n take care of bb.

sj _ong - Would love to try the recipes! but now that dd is teething, got not much appetite. even throw up after eating a little. gave her some gripe water, better now..

Carrie - take care...ya share with us here if you need to. meanwhile take care.

Vone... its ok. Next time you can blame your baby for it ;) Like one of my colleauges... she said her son onced complained that she was blocking the TV and her reply was "Thanks to you... that's why Mummy got big butts" muwaahahahha

Poor Carrie *pat* *pat*. I know what you mean. I hate it when my boy wakes up at such timing. By the time he goes back to sleep... time for me to go to work.

SJ... thanks for the recipes. I will try them over this weekend!

Hi Mummies,
Very bz at work &amp; quite vexed abt my bb wt loss. All thanks to my tis bbsitter. Gosh~ Can u imagine she feeds my 6 mth old bb only 3 oz per feed! Starting I tot my baby cannot adjust so give her time. Till now, I then realise tis bbsitter is simply too lazy! I know my baby sometimes dun drink one shot, so ask her to burp her then continue again. But this old auntie too lazy to continue, so she easily stop &amp; say my gal dun wan!! OMG!! Then I tell her to cook porridge but she says must wait until when my gal is 10mth! Then when I push her somemore, she simply mix the cereals with FM into bottle instead of spoon feeding! And tat makes thing worst, cos my gal got problem sucking them &amp; she rejects them!

And since my gal is not eating well, of cos she cries more. Then she starts to blame me tat I have brought my gal to some funneral!! Wah liew~ why dun she reflect herself.

Very heart-pain now.. I am stopping her this week &amp; get my mum to take care.
sad.gif

Oleander,
Congrats!!! I read about such cases when it's too soon to see the sac. Hope you can see it next week. For mine I was pregnant and I did the pregnancy test but was negative. When my period still didn't come and I started to get nauseous a week later that I tested again then it was positive.

Cat_tail,
At least you found out sooner than later. Yeah if your mum is able to help you, confirm better than babysitter. Cheer up ok!

Thanks Jilian,
Sometimes I really feel so guilty of not able to take care of her personally.

sj_ong,
Am saving your recipe. Very gd!

Carrie,
Me too, lose sleep for almost a mth! Baby din eat enough &amp; so she wakes up every 2-3hrs in the nite... think my life span shorten...may die earlier...

oleander
congrats!
how many weeks are you? dun worry too much. for me i tested postive on the day my period din come. when i went to see gynae at 4 weeks, he din even do scan for me cos cannot see. then at nearly 6 weeks, still cannot see sac and did blood test to confirm pregnancy.

Carrie
my bb does the same tihng. everytime he wakes up for his 4+am feed, he will be very noisy after that....

Cat_tail
i always tell my hb the same thing. my life span shorten cos of bb....

Hi Cat... oh dear... sounds bad. Better to terminate her services. That's why sometimes it is really tough when you get someone with the mentality of " it is just a job". At least you found out early. My cousin when she was a baby was taken care of by an irresponsible baby sitter. Lazy to cook too and only fed her instant cereal. When she turned one ... my aunt took the baby back because my cousin showed no interest in food and was rejecting solid food. Until today... my cousin is still a picky eater. Important to expose baby to variety before 1 year old... if not next time harder to introduce new taste.

I know what you mean... my baby was also waking up every 2 hours at night because my MIL did not increase the amount. She is worried that the baby will be overfed. My boy can take 210 but she gave 180 (my boy is a big eater since birth!). I keep telling her... if he is full he knows how to push the bottle away. She one ear in one ear out... until I suffer every night.

Don't feel bad... I'm sure your mum can do a good job.

odie
Thanks for sharing on the stress of not gaining enough weight.

No sure any problem with the forum coz these few days I had problem accessing it at times, it kept telling me connection problem - too many connections. Think some mummies might have the same experience, which might explains the quietness...

carrie
Why the work unstability? Don't be too stress, must take care of yourself too.

oleander
So you mean now you are preggie with no. 2 or still not sure yet? Take care also, recently quite a lot of people fall sick.

cat_tail
Is this the baby sitter that you just engage recently who was referred to by a relative? How can she like that, so lazy and seems impatient too.

No need to feel gulity, your gal will be okay. You are trying your best already.

Jilian &amp; sy - thank you. i'm around 5weeks. its like rollercoaster ride, so excited then cannot see yet, guess i worry too much. ya hope can see when i go back next week.

cat_tail - luckily you found out fast. don't worry, things will be better. don't feel bad - you doing your best dear!

sj ong, my poor blades are suffering in silence and in dark... hehe
got no one to take care of my boy when i go blading leh... how i miss the old carefree time..

hi mummies,
really appreciate your time and concern.. thanks..

my job unstable cos they moving the dept's job functions to malaysia, have been looking around but to no avail.. face some difficulties too as i lack some relevant experience or required systems knowledge, and some not willing to wait for me to serve the 1 mth's termination notice.. dare not tell my hubby about the move cos he himself also vexed about his job and on the lookout, i do not want to hinder his job search..

cat_tail,
saw an "ad" below our block, stating she is a baby-sitter staying at blk 32 cassia crescent, did you try?

phoebe
Your blades won't have to suffer for too long. When your boy is much older, you can bring him along for blading. It will be so nice.

carrie
Possible to move to another dept in your coy? There an career exhibition going on now, maybe can go and take a look. I think it will be good to let you hubby know and discuss.

carrie,
But if your dept confirm move, I think maybe you better discuss with your hubby. Cos might not be a good idea that both look for new job at the same time. So if he knows maybe he will wait until you find one first, since looks like yours more unstable. What kind of job are you looking for? Admin kinda job?

Hi everyone!!!
Back after a week coz of work and was taking exams!!!
So gald to be able to come back.
I was reading on Jadon and I really teared and cried.... My gal was in NICU for 2 days as she has a choking incident when she was less than a week old and I was already a wreak. When I saw how brave Pris is and the lovely smile on Jadon I can't help but feel that maternal love is great! Anyone knows how to get in touch with Jadon's mum, Pris?
Oleandor,
Congrats! Actually I was also like you just a few weeks back. Tested +ve when my period did not come but can't see anything and at gynae tested again but came out -ve. 2 weeks later, I bled really heavily. Called gynae and he said I got natural miscarriage. I was so sad...Now still a tinge of sad sad feeling when I think of it...You dun wrry too much. As what SY says, can't get to see sac, then do blood test. Be safe.
jas tan,
keep persisting on moving out. Tell you something, I told my feelings out to my ILs yesterday and they said if we want to move, they will give us their blessings, no hard feelings! Me told my hb, He thinking about it. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!
SJ ong,
I have a suggestion, why not write all your receipes into a book and publish ? Your recipes are all so good ! I am serious
happy.gif

carrie, wat kind of job you're looking for? can pm me your details, i'll see my company got lobang anot..

cat_tail, just managed to read your posting.. goodness man!! she's so jialat.
u are you going to look for another bb sitter? can try www.bbnanny.com
heard that their service are quite good

Carrie
Sorry to hear about whatyou are going through now. Think you should talk to hb about it.
What profession are you in? Maybe you would like to Check out jobstreet.com.sg or Jobsdb.com

CatTail
How's your mum coping with your little one?

Oleander
Congratulations! Keep us posted after your gynae visit
happy.gif

SY
hehe.. More recipes for my little note book.
happy.gif

I have not introduced bean curd to my boys. Dun know whether will it cause any allergies? Bean belongs to the Nut Famliy right? I have to be very careful with my boys' diet because my younger boy has eczema. My hubby has history of asthma too so i have to watch what i feed my boys.
Stresssss.....
I am a bean curd lover and i hope my boys will enjoy it too.

Oreos
I have been following Jadon's progress closely and i am happy to see a smiling Jadon on Pris' last posting.
happy.gif

You can PM Pris.

hi jastan,
quite a number of us affected and is difficult for other depts to absorb all of us, moreover i m just a contract staff here, the perms will have priority over me.. may drop by to take a look but past career exhibitions emphasized more on education, with many booths from overseas institutions.. hope i can find a new job before the dept dissolves, then i need not bother my hubby and i will feel worse if suan by him..
sad.gif

hi jilian,
my hubby knows that i m looking for new job, but not aware of the real reason.. so i m trying to buy time.. me in accounting &amp; finance line, do not mind admin work too..

hi phoebe,
have PM you my resume, thanks for your help..

THANKS MUMMIES..
379357.gif

SY,
Precisely! Mummies always the one tat wake up &amp; attend to bb.

Odie,
I am so glad tat today is her last day of service! Ya, if baby din have enough feed in the day, they will wake up in the nite more often!

JasTan,
She's the one!! Can't believe tat she is sooo lazy... still dare to claim tat she's very experience. And she luv to compare the other baby she took care before with mine. Keep complaining tat my baby only sleep less than an hr while her previous one can sleep 3-4 hrs continuously.

Thanks Oleander,
Every time I saw my baby, sure ache for her. Hopefully can gain some of her wt back when my mum help me to take care.

Carrie,
Tat's a very tricky problem. Agree with Jilian, tells him yoru problem &amp; ask him to hold on his job 1st cos yors is nto very secure.

Thanks for informing, I saw her the babysitter ad but feels more trusted if my mum help me. At least she more genuiely care for my gal. The only fall back is she stays at AMK... very far....

Carrie,
My company is looking for a business administrator. I wanted to PM you the details but you don't accept PM. Can you PM me your email? I thought better to send you the details then you see whether you interested or not first.

Back