(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

Different faces of Benjamin II
1025746.jpg
1025747.jpg
1025748.jpg

wow, Benjamin is really big size!!

My fybie will look so tiny next to him!!

Does he look more like Daddy or Mummy??
happy.gif

hi Everybody, sorry for disappear for so long....have been very busy...rayden will be going for playgroup next Jan 08.

me currently expecting and my edd is 030308.... is a gal this time! so happy....hehe....can close factory liao.... =)

rayden's temper is getting bad...so worry cos everytime if he wants something and we dun give him, he will throw tantrum...at times, scream and shout...his appetite is ok...especially milk intake....can drink up to 300 to 330ml for nite time before sleep....

Congrats, Happygal!
Happy that you can close factory liao!
Enjoy yr pregnancy and I hope it will be a sweet and smooth one!

Oh, nice EDD too!!

Halo mummies,

Long time no post.

Happygal,
Congrats to you. Take good care of yourself and your bb girl. Envy leh. :p 030308.. good date leh..

I have not plan to send my boy to childcare yet.. maybe will wait till he able to communicate well with us and most importantly, knows how to tell us he wants to pee or poo. :p

happygal
congrats!
happy.gif

i like ur son's name, was inside my namelist if i give birth to a son for bb no3 :p but im nt expecting 1 nw

take care

thanks jeslyn....my son's name was chosen by my hubby... =)

thanks DS, Jeslyn, Liewlian and jenny for your wishes....hehe..ya, nice EDD hor???...hope i can conceive on this date too... =)

btw, need advice from you all...wat did you all give for your DS/DD's breakfast?...my son dun wanna eat cereal liao...dunno what to give him now....hmmm....

happygal,
congrats on ur prgenancy!

besides cereals, i also give my girl cakes, buns, sandwiches, mantous, eggs and sometimes biscuits for breakfast.

joyful,
r u in japan yet? sorry for my late reply.i didnt bring hazel along in the end. but i can share wad i know abt baby facilities and baby-friendly places in tokyo.

Our thread has been really quiet lately...

Happygal

Congrats!
My son had biscuit/ cornflakes on weekday..Sometime avacodo for breakfast.. On weekend sometimes he get to indulge in chwee kueh..hehe.. He dun take bread so pretty troublesome...

Jenny..it's so happy to see the pic of your kids. I think the best gift you have ever given Aidan is a brother...and I'm sure it's such a joy to see them together!
Wow..Ryan is very good size ah! Want to pinch his cheek. Aidan must be a loving koko too.

lengleng
i had registered regine for next yr playgroup, but as she is year end baby, she will only be starting her 1st day of school in mid of yr08.

happygal29
wow, he drinks so much milk?
regine only take about 7oz per feed....as for breakfast, i will give her milk den follow by snack after her milk, eg: biscuit/bread

jenny
so cute! :p

jenny
i love the pics of your 2 boys.

lengleng
my boy started CC already. halfday.

Happygal
Congrats!! My boy eats bread, pancake, for breakfast. his fav is Pao. he eats more variety on weekdays as he has his breakfast in sch.

hi mummies,

2 quik questions.

for toddlers who are still sleeping in cots, do u still use bumpers?

are there alot of hairs on the sheets after a long nite sleep?

thks!

first_mum,
you're back from your trip oredi? ;-) was it enjoyable? oh yes, I would like to know abt your experiences.. PM me or sms me if you've time, ok?

Re: bumper in cot - Cathleen is no longer sleeping in cot. I don't see alot of hairs on the mattress she sleeps on.

Re: childcare / playgroup
Had registered Cathleen for a neighbourhood playgroup commencing next Jan. Hope she can adapt well.

jenny,
It's always so loving to see the elder sibling hugging the younger one, just like korkor Aidan & didi Ryan.

Happygal,
Congrats! Can sense your happiness in having both a boy & girl
happy.gif

mujmuj, jeslyn, krissie, jf - yes it's a joy to see the 2 boys, kor-kor is learning to share his toys now and didi just usually observes.

here's another photo taken yesterday.

1068112.jpg

jenny
your didi looks so big liao.. time passes so fast... great idea to let him sit in the bumbo on the beach.

ger still slps in cot. no more bumper. erh.. i nvr notice on the hair. haha..

mommies, any of your kids starting school next year?
I actually enrolled my girl for June intake but who knows they enrol her for Jan intake cos she toilet trained already. I feel so sad coz I won't see her for 3 hours a day...:-( anyway I think she will have fun in school. anyone feeling the same?

Mujmuj,
Yes, Cathleen will be starting 2-hr playgroup next Jan too. She's not fully toilet-trained yet.

For me, I wonder how she'll cope esp for the 1st few days when left unaccompanied by us. She's a pretty shy girl, you see..

Since I'm a ftwm, I don't feel sad for not seeing her while she's at playgroup. In fact I only get to see her for 1+hrs every weekday, so I'm kinda used to it oredi..

Re: toilet trained
Mummies, what is meant by fully toilet trained huh? izit can control bladder & hold urine throughout the nite? ie without need to wear diapers at nite?

Happygal, congrats on your #2! take good care.

Jenny, so sweet to see your 2 kids together.

2005, yes, I notice a lot of fallen hairs on her pillow every morning. Was wondering if it's normal or she experiencing hair loss..haha.

Mujmuj, I signed her up for playgroup next year. I take it as a short break for me to do my own things or catch up on chores. The playgroup is only for 1.5 hours, so I probably feel less sad than you are, but I'll miss her running around, the house will feel strangely quiet without her around for 1.5 hours. Maybe as SAHM, we're more sticky to our girls. We probably stick to our girls more than they stick to us, hehe.

our girls are going to have fun in playgroup. She's already talking to me about it everyday, yakking away about teacher sing song, korkor jiejie, go school, learn ABC, blah blah.. haha.

My boy'll be going to 3 hours playgroup next year. I'm feeling a bit stressed for him cos donno how he'll do (will he cry a lot, can he tell teacher wat he wants etc.) on his own. Think once he get used to this new routine, I'll be quite happy cos got some time on my own.

Hi Kwan,

Could you kindly help me to update mine for Mirabel...

She's coming 23 mth old (21/11), now her height is 94 cm and weight is 15.8 kgs
happy.gif

Xie Xie ....

Mujmuj
RJ already started 2 hrs playgroup liao...like JF, no diff to me cos me oso FTWM, dun really feel it..

Clhw30
Wow Mirabel vy good weight...wat u feed her ah??

Happy Birthday to Summer and Jared...
bounce.gif

Hello Mommies...
Long time no 'see'...

So fast our toddlers are turning 2 really soon.. Last year this time I was still busy preparing for EnEn's 1st birthday party and now they are going to be 2...

Hi Clhw30
Wow.. your Mirabel really champion leh.. very good weight.. Must share with us your feeding secret to Mirabel.

Hi Mujmuj
EnEn too will be going for his 3 hours playgroup from Jan 08 onwards. Hope he can settle in well. And he will continue for another 1 term with JG for his Bilingual Playgroup on Sun.

Hi Jenny
So sweet to see yr 2 darlings.. your #2 looks good size too... haha

Hi HappyGa29
Congrats on your pregnancy!! You can close factory liao...

My boy eats plain wholemeal bread, french toast, hard boiled egg, cereals, home cooked fried mee/bee hoon, home cooked mee/bee hoon soup, pancakes, waffles, chee cheong fun, chwee kueh, pumpkin kueh as breakfast...

Hi Megan & Sandy,

Is she consider as OVERWEIGHT? I gave her the usual food & milk, nestle product like the wheat w/honey, brown rice, etc and now oso gave her rice...wat we eat she oso eat
happy.gif

Maybe she's like me n DH...tall n big size...hee...

Hi clhw30
Dun worry not overweight la. Mirabel is doing great.. now my EnEn having food fuss and takes some time to finish his meal.. dunno wat to do..

Hi Sandy, tks n reali hope Mirabel not over-wt.. Recently she tends to ask for milk very often say abt an hr to 2...DH was wori if we over feed her
sad.gif

Hum...wat u giving EnEn, hv u tired other food for him, mayb u can c wat he likes to eat most.

Poll time...hope to revive our thread a bit wt some questions..

1) Wat's ur todd's favourite activity or pass time?
2) Wat's ur todd's fav food?
3) Wat's ur todd's fav word or sentence?
4) Any todd's graduated on toilet training? What are the tips?
5) Any todd showing terrible symptom? What are the symptom?
6) Anyone has any plan on disciplining todd? Any plans on using cane?

My answers :

1)Watch advertisement, imitate it or dance along wt music
2)Adult food...notice he loves bak kut teh after my KL trip
3) Mama's here, papa's here n jie jie's here
4) still not yet cos mama too lazy to do it
5) Stubborn...refuse to say sorry, throw tantrum and cry easily when we say no to him
6) tried making him stand at the corner and also beating his hand but like not use...plan to use a cane soon...if not will use a ruler.

Hi clhw30
we tried to alternate his food choices and this week I just intro Bovril to his meals and he seems interested with his food.. hope this can last..

hi megan
yalor.. nid to revive our thread.. too low profile liao.. haha..

My reply to your poll: -
1. Watch TV program or Barney, Hi-5, Sesame Street, Wheels on the Bus DVDs
2. Cheese, bread & fruit juice
3. 'let me see', 'wow', 'please'
4. Partially graduated for 'big biz'.. dunno why he self trained this while we were away in Taipei recently for holiday.
5. like to throw tantrum, cry to gain his ways
6. let him cry all he wants and ignore him. When he is done with crying we ask him to hug us as a form of sorry. Plan to buy cane.. haha

My answers to the poll:
1) Watching Brainy Baby CDs, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, scribbling/coloring with his color pencils/crayons, fav advertisement is Mitsubishi Electic Aircon starring Jack Neo, imitate ppl etc.
2) Very poor appetite boy but he sure loves the bread from cake shop.
3) Always talk in his own language but fav word is 'ye ye' (means noti in cantonese).
4) Currently training him to pee in the potty.
5) Like to throw tantrum and cry in order to gain his ways and also a very stubborn boy.
6) Never thot of buying cane. Will try to talk to him or will just beat his hands.

My answers to the poll:
1) Watching Barney VCDs, stacking his mega blocks
2) Yogurt with fruits
3)'please', 'dad' and 'arn'... which means barney
4) tried toilet training but he regressed, so putting it on hold till he's more ready
5) will mess up his toys if frustrated when playing on his own
6) has a noti corner for him at home for discipline purposes. also started using cane for quite a while liao...hee...

1. playing with his cars/lorries/vans/ball. Watching Hi-5, any cartoons with cars
2. Biscuits
3. Car/Ball/Van/Lorry/Taxi/Bus/Star/Papa/Mama/Uncle/Auntie/Jiejie/.....
4. Lazy mummy so have not train him with potty yet.
5. Will throw his things and beat things to express his fustration. He is a boy who has a bad temper and stubborn too.
6. Has a noti corner for him at home for discipline purpose. Has already started using cane for some time liao.... =) but think he not very scared...keke...

1. pretend play with his kitchen and cooking toys, megablocks
2. bread, pao, yogurt
3. hmmm.. he says lots of stuff, cant tell which is the fav.
4. not yet.
5. like to throw tantrum, cry/scream to gain his ways
6. uses the naughty corner for him for discipline purposes. hv not decided on the cane yet.

1. play kitchen and toy foods to make meals for her toys, megablocks
2. chicken rice!
3. "mummy, bao-bao!"
4. not yet.
5. like to lie on the floor and kick her legs or bang her head against the cot.
6. naughty corner for occasions when she gets out of hand. shes also scared when i start to raise my voice.

Meg's poll:

1. Colouring - Cathleen's #1 all time favourite activity

2. french fries!!

3. "I Don't Want!" or "Want to carry, want to bao bao"

4. Halfway only.

5. Oh yes, all the Terrible 2s symptoms eg whine, screams, refusing to eat lunch/dinner, she even bites me & hb. Notti girl..

6. I'll scold her in a serious tone immediately after she has something wrong, then I'll leave her alone for a while. Already has a cane in the house, & will use it to threaten her when she's older. hehe..

1) Wat's ur todd's favourite activity or pass time?
Play with his toy vehicles, watch brainy baby vcds. MEGABLOKS and imaginarium blocks.

2) Wat's ur todd's fav food?
Sweets. Crackers. Vitagen. Junk food.

3) Wat's ur todd's fav word or sentence?
Car car. Park car. Mei Mei.

4) Any todd's graduated on toilet training? What are the tips?
No.

5) Any todd showing terrible symptom? What are the symptom?
Not terrible twos symptoms. But he is waking up every night for milk when previously he had slept through.

6) Anyone has any plan on disciplining todd? Any plans on using cane?
No big plan, will hit hand for small problems, sometimes will hit backside with my hand. Had tried noti corner for sometime when I am really angry. He did face the wall the last time, crying. The first few times will try to get away.

Back