(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Seems like I'm having same problems with my gal like other mummies too. I'm still waking up at least twice at wee hours for feeding & diaper changing and having difficulty in putting my gal back to sleep, sigh ..

Adel, take good care of yourself and told u that Brent's eyes look like you.

So heartpain when my gal cried so loud for taking the vaccination jab, nurse said that for the 3rd month jab, will cause fever to baby .. I'm starting to feel worry about this.

Seems like most of the babies at 1 month old are big .. Dili_mummy, GyAnn is at 54cm and 4.4kg as of last Monday.

Has any of you open a bank savings account for your babies - can recommend me one - thanks!

Mummies who've brought your babies for jabs: Which kind of jabs do u go for? The normal jab-by-jab, 5-in-1 or 6-in-1? How much and where?

Last night my girl kept me and hubby up from 5am till 830am, crying for dunno what reason (diaper clean, doesnt want to drink, temp ok). Very sianz of her already. =(

Cel, u went to polyclinic, right .. they don't offer 6-in-1 jab .. likely I'll choose 4-in-1, much cheaper @ $257.50.

Susan.. ya.. i went to polyclinic.. ur 4-in-1 they tell u $257.50 ah? They told me $260 leh.. but i'll most likely take the 5-in-1 one.. coz i for the 'Oral Sabin' quite troublesome if take the 4-in-1 one.. which polyclinic u go to ah?

Good afternoon ladies,

cel, polyclinic so cheap. Hubby also tempted to go and take the 5-in-1 in bb's third mth liao..:p

Meixue, u want to try sarong or not?Dont be sian abt ur child..she shd always be ur angel.

Susan, I'm planning to bank in the full mth Angbao into Maybank cuz heard got free insurance for child and my place there got one branch.

Cel, the 5-in-1 jab cost $291.80 .. I went to SingHealth polyclinic @ Bedok Central.

Aprilpinky, so u're going for Maybank ah .. let me go study more about Maybank savings .. dunno if Standard Chartered is benefiting or not ..

Ya susan..going Maybank cuz just walking distance fr home.More convenient esp next time if want to deposit coins for child or wat

hey I just called my PD clinic..5-in-1 jab costs $120 including consultation lehh..dunno I hear wrongly or not..now discussing w cel..

Susan, the 5-in-1 jab cost $294.70 leh for the Bukit Batok Polyclinic.. tat polyclinic is under National Healthcare group.. wah.. more ex den SingHealth polyclinics leh.. not fair.. hee..

Ladies, if u haf straits times newspaper at home, go n read the 'Mind your body' section, there's tis article on using pacifier can reduce bb's risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (Sids)..

harlow celtricia,
i dun have straits times...
sad.gif

anyway, here's a website on SIDs. Didn't really mention about pacifiers reducing the risk...
http://www.sids.org/ndefinition.htm
http://www.sids.org/nannualrates.htm
http://www.sids.org/nprevent.htm

U know what my girl did? I just put a new diaper under her, and she spurted out one big pile of watery poo (like fountain). kenna the waterproof sheet and flowed down.... straight after that, i put another clean diaper under her, and she pee! kenna my bed... luckily I using drypers, not pampers.

My GP offers the 6-in-1 jab. he told me that all i have to do is to bring baby for 3 jabs in total at 2nd,4th and 6th month. Cost is $345. is this ok-price?

Meixue, hehe..we just changed bedsheet y'day cuz bedsheet kenna boy's pee twice y'day. He's too fast for us to take cover :p It's normal lah..my mom got some urine on her clothes even.

That day discarded one pc of pampers cuz the outside dirtied by pee..wapiang..heart pain.

Manuka..
the straits times mind your body section states dat babies who takes pacifiers while they slp had a 90% reduced risk of Sids compare to other babies. They also mentioned that babies lying down on its stomach also haf higher tentacies of Sids.

meixue, i tink most babies does tat.. heh.. my boy did it a few times liao.. n the 1st few times when i bath him, he always pee after bath onto his towel.. so frustrating dat i've got to wash his towel almost everyday.. so nw i noe.. i will try to make him pee after bath n once i put him down on the waterproof mat, i will quickly put the nappy cloth to cover him juz in case he pee again.. heh..

Meixue, my baby has done that as well... both me and hb have been peed and pooed upon. One particularly 'violent' poo squrted right out of the cot and even kenna onto my bed which is about 4 feet away, the floor, and my clothes! Hb and I could only stare and laugh, then quickly mobilise action to strip and clean!
happy.gif

Now I put a tissue over his pee pee when changing the diaper. As for poo, my cousin said can check: if the hole is still open, means more is coming. If closed already, safe to change. Am using Pampers and a huge hole has been burnt on diaper costs already!

yes, same here.. baby boy here pees like a fountain when we change his diaper.. today just changed and washed his bedsheet. I don't use waterproof mat leh, so extra dangerous..

btw, just to check with you mummies, how much are you expressing each time right now? and how often? (every 2 hours / 3 hours?)

hi ladies..

anyone ordered from choz confectionery, is it good? where are they located?

gals, my boy is 2wks plus old.. how much breastmilk should i feed him now cos i being expressing it out since my nipples sore? i being giving about 80-90ml but he seen to wan more recently lei.... but in the nite time i am giving FM cos breastmilk not enough, only pump out 40-50ml each time. moreover, he drink about 60-70ml in the nite n fall asleep... is it ok?

meixue
Re: jab - I have just booked the appt at the hospital for my girl's 6-in-1 jab for $288 (incl gst). Was told that the 5-in-1 jab costs the same, difference lies in the no. of visits. So we go for the 6-in-1 since only 3 visits are required.

Sexxy, I ordered choz. Yup. Good. Above $200 will have free delivery for one location and they r quite flexible in having different batch of cakes on different days for various grps of ppl
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">IF,</font>
?? Ask your CL to calculate in front of you lah...

<font color="0000ff">Naughty,</font>
I had fever for 2 nights due to engorgement last week... felt terrible!!! Was high as 39dC... no choice, just sweat it out and keep latching and pumping.

<font color="aa00aa">Sexxy,</font>
My gal is taking 100ml of EBM each time (she takes EBM 3 times a day, early morning ~7am, late night ~1am and 4am) the rest of the day I latch on... dunno how much she's drinking. I think you can increase your boy's intake liao. So did the 'massage during pumping' trick help you?

<font color="119911">Re. Jabs,</font>
I'll be taking up the 6-in-1 jab... going to bring her back to hospital (SGH) at 6 weeks (no need to go for 4 week follow-up)

For Quick Reference,

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>22/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>24/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Popped on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD>Birth Wt</TD><TD>1M </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>14/10/05</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.9kg</TD><TD>5.2kg, 57cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font></TD><TD>2.77kg</TD><TD>3.8kg, 52cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Naughty</TD><TD>19/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brent Chng</font></TD><TD>2.4kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>21/10/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gareth</font> &amp; <font color="ff0000">Gillian</font></TD><TD>2.1kg &amp; 1.8kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>26/10/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.04kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD>2.99kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sandy Lian</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Lucia Tan</font></TD><TD>3.36kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>29/10/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Nicholas</font></TD><TD>3.1kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>31/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Lee Yong Ye</font></TD><TD>3.73kg</TD><TD>4.8kg, 56cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>02/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darion</font></TD><TD>3.85kg</TD><TD>5.2kg, 59cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Priscilla</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>17/12/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jadon</font></TD><TD>1.36kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charlynn</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>05/11/05</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Malcolm Wong</font></TD><TD>3.22kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Phoebe</font></TD><TD>3.16kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Misch</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.32kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sibelle</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.72kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amber</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Thaddeus Ting</font></TD><TD>3.42kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Youpi</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.37kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Chia GyAnn</font></TD><TD>3.395kg</TD><TD>4.4kg, 54cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ziyu</font></TD><TD>2.93kg</TD><TD>4.97kg, 56cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Lucius Teng</font></TD><TD>4.075kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurblur</TD><TD>11/09/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Lezann Tan</font></TD><TD>3.19kg</TD><TD>4kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>10/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Orlando Lee</font></TD><TD>3.4kg</TD><TD>5kg, 58cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.85kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YP Lee</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Qizhi</font></TD><TD>3.44kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Maxene</font></TD><TD>2.91kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aloysius</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Calbee</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ting Li</font></TD><TD>3.49kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheyenne Tan</font></TD><TD>2.725kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hiroshi Yoon</font></TD><TD>2.895kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">2 Girls</font></TD><TD>2.6kg &amp; 2.24kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.665kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shelle</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.04kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>22/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Allyson</font></TD><TD>2.88kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>22/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Furryfurry</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rebecca</font></TD><TD>3.39kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>25/11/05</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jayden</font></TD><TD>2.8kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>25/11/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.33kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>28/11/05</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.58kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elser</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jeron</font></TD><TD>2.88kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>02/12/05</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Alyssa</font></TD><TD>3.49kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>05/12/05</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Regine</font></TD><TD>3.28kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>06/12/05</TD><TD>09/12/05</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.12kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

IF,
I'm bringing my girl to Raffles Hospital where I delivered. PD is Dr Adeline Wong. Was told by the nurse that the only diff between 5-in-1 &amp; 6-in-1 jab is the no. of visits.

SusanY / Aprilpinky,
I'm oso thinking of opening a Maybank kids a/c for my girl after comparing POSB, UOB, Maybank &amp; StanChart. Maybank's free accident insurance covers both parent &amp; child worldwide. So I thot it's quite attractive. Btw for those interested, StanChart's promotional int rate of 1.88% p.a. ends on 31 Dec.

Aprilpinky, thxs... i going to order only a few boxes so got to go down to collect.

Dili, ur gal drink so much hah.. lucky u, got so much milk! how long it last every feed? ya... try ur "trick" but only manage to get a bit more lei.....

I'll be opening Youngstarz with Maybank tomorrow, seems the benefits r quite attractive.

Joyful, your 6-in-1 jab price seems cheap leh, is it because you delivered there or the price is open to public?

Hello, long time never post here. Hope all mummys are enjoying their time with their precious.

I am feeding Malcolm FM. And now he is drinking 120mL but he seems to go hungry after 2 hrs. I try to drag the time until 2.5 ~ 3 hrs. Would like to know mummys feeding FM to their precious, how much are you feeding and the time interval. Malcolm is now coming to 6 weeks old.

Hi Ju,

My son is on Fm as well and he's only drink 90ml. Tried to make him finish 120ml but he always stops at 90ml. He will last about 2.5hrs before wailing away for milk again.

gal, is it true tat we cant drink water during confinement?

my aerola n nipples start to sore again... being expressing since so i think is bcos of my avent pump too strong. anyone can advise me?

Hi sexxy
From what I heard is that by drinking water during confinement will lead to water retention in our body. Don't know how true is it. My mum will dry fry large amount of brown rice and set them aside. Then everyday, she will scoop put some into a vacuum flask and pour boiing water in it. And I will drink from there as and when I feel like. HTHs.

hi kelly
How old is your son now? Malc used to finish his milk very fast. Ever since he was hospitalised due to fever, I find that he has slowed down in his drinking. He will doze off after drinking 40 mL. From there, I will have to wake him up and continue from there. It takes him about 30 mins to finish his milk and takes forever to burp him. Sigh...

I brought Malcolm to see paediatrician recently and was diagnosed with gastro-oesophageal reflux, which causes heartburn.

These are some of the symptoms (I pulled put from some internet source) that Malc is showing:

Frequent regurgitation (or gagging)
Feeding problems - babies will pull off feeds, often with a distressed high-pitched scream.
Poor sleep- babies will often wake frequently at night, seeming very distressed.
Arching back- this often happens when pulling off feeds and can be accompanied by a distressed cry.

Anyone's facing the same problem as mine? How do you cope with it?

Hi Ju,

My son is 6 weeks 4 days old liao. He usually takes about 15-20 mins for him to finish his milk but thankfully he burps very fast.

Share with you all one trick. When baby finishes his milk, dun immediately prop him up to burp. Wait for about 10 to 16 seconds before starting to burp. And if it takes forever for him to burp just by patting, sit him on your lap and support his neck and gently move him in circular motions for a few times. Works for me most times. But dun worry if they dun burp all the time!!!

Kelly
Thanks for your tip. Will try on Malc. I usually burp him by letting him sits on my lap while I support his neck with one of my hand and pat him with my other. You mentioned move him in circular motion, do you mean massaging his back in circular motion?
We make a point to burp him as much as possible if not, he will regurgitate. sometimes, quite alot. At times, I wonder if he have had enough milk or not. Sigh...

Chin, Ah Fat, Venus, Youpi, Meixue,Blur Blur,Susan, April pinky

I'm glad got so many mummies sharing the same problems!! So exhausted already and I'm taking care of her alone.. Sigh...

The hammock she like some of the time.. but it seems like her sypmtoms is like JUL...

I thought it was the pacifier..

Now I "prone' her to zz and sometimes I use the hammock..

It's supposed to help with colic and reflux..

http://www.baybsupplies.net/catalogueintro.asp?idcategory=2
347469.jpg

SusanY,
Not sure if I was charged cheaper because I delivered there. Maybe you can call to ask - 6311 1222.

sexxy,
it's a savings a/c for babies/kids. The interest rate from StanChart is the highest at 1.88% p.a., but the promotion ends on 31 Dec. Both Maybank &amp; POSBank's interest rate are at 0.25% p.a. for <$3K, whereas UOB is offering only 0.125% for the same tier.

Ju,

No, circular as in his whole body from waist upwards in a circular motion. While supporting his neck move him away and back to you round and round. Gently yeah!!

HI shelle, youpi, celtricia, aprilpinky, your babies are boys, easier for their pee to spurt out. Mine's a girl and yet her pee can spurt out like fountain. Really must salute her. ergh. Mummies are already so tired, yet baby must still make us do extra work like changing bedsheets etc.

Joyful, your PD rate for 6-in-1 jabs is cheap. However, RH is a little too far for me.

I don't have much milk when I pump. Sometimes a miserable 10ml. Sometimes 70ml or if very engorged, about 120ml. I seldom pump, cuz i'm latching my girl on almost all the time and I'm too tired to pump. I feel like a moo-moo cow.

Natalie:
you are not alone.... I am also taking care of Hiroshi alone, for the past 1 week till his daddy comes home tml. I understand just how fustrating you feel.... But, I guess we are quite lucky to chance upon his forum.... at least, we can speak our mind and get a piece off our chest!! (kekekeke... the rest no choice got to read loh...)

Sexxy:
yar... no drinking of plain water... either red date tea or toss rice with hot water... BUT, I've given up that practice say about 1 week ago!! Rahahaha... I am not too good with keeping up with rules and regulations!!

Ju: Hiroshi is 3wks 4days old... drinking similac, 90ml to 1 1/2scoop (I follow whatever the tin say.... think it is according to weight... so, anything wrong can SUE the company... "just kidding lah") breast milk, just started to give him 100ml today.... he takes forever to drink as well... 45mins to 1hr... Yawn... can you imagine my night feeds?!? I fall asleep just waiting for him to finish his milk!

hi all breastfeeding mummies, keep up the good work. no matter how much milk you give to your babies, it's still better than none.

I am pumping out 120ml breastmilk everyday to feed my girl cos feeding direct takes too long. By pumping out, I also know how much she takes.

ah FAT,
I dozed off while feeding him. When I snapped out of my sleep, I realised the teat is out of his mouth, with him sleeping as well.

I am following the instruction based on the FM. I am feeding Malc Enfalac A+. 120mL to 4 scoops of powder.

gals, anyone just pump out their breastmilk without latching on? wat happen if u gals going out, u bring ur pump along or just give FM? if we going out for 1 whole day...?

sexxy

ME!! I bring a freshly pumped one..and one from the fridge...I have a bottle warmer in the car..

If whole day affair.. then it's one freshly pumped one for instant feeding..2 from the fridge and one frozen..

My pump is the PIS.. can be detached into small without the backpack..and I use the battery pack...

Hope this helps.. I pumped for my Boy and now for my gal as well..
happy.gif

dili mom: my baby is a boy not a girl, sorry can you please amend?

meixue, me too, i sometimes find that i pump only 10 to 20 ml.. at first it was like that, now it is an average of 30 to 50 ml each time (except one night, i felt a bit engorged and then pumped out about 90 to 100 ml! wow so happy)

if pump out only about 30 to 50 ml, does that mean that baby is only feeding about 30 to 50 ml each time? that;s bad right.. dunno what to do... worried.

Sexxy, usually I will bring FM if go out w boy. So far only twice. Guess it's easier and it's only for one feed so it's ok.

Hehe..boy now drinking 100-120 ml. Fast drinker after I changed his teat to avent no. 2. Takes less than 20 min to finish 100ml
happy.gif
. Last time I also slept during the midnight feed..

NTUC having bb pdt sale again..just went to buy a lot of diapers etc..

<font color="aa00aa">Dili_Mummy</font>
Can help me amend the list? I popped on 9 Nov. Thks!

<font color="0000ff">Ju</font>
My gal also coming to 6 wks now drinking 120ml FM at abt 3hrs interval

<font color="ff0000">Meixue</font>
Ha.. my gal does the same thing as yr princess, so now i prepare a diaper(readily open) and slip it under her once i remove the old piece).. but sometimes i also too late ;P

<font color="119911">Sexxy</font>
You can try using Medela Nipple cream, i used it when my nipples also peeling and was so sore that i could see blisters, quite alright

I've got a question for mummies, do u wake yr bb up to drink milk? My gal can sleep for up to 5-6 hrs at night without waking up for a feed, so I also sleep through until she cries and i'll kan cheong like spider rush to make FM...

Dear All Mummies,

Thank you so much for all your sharing... it has really help me a lot!

Ju,
From what you have been sharing, my gal display most of the symptoms that you mentioned leh.. the part on
a)frequent regurgitation
b)pull off feeds (mid way through feeding), often with a distressed high-pitched scream
c)arching back happens when pulling off feeds and can be accompanied by a distressed cry.

I'll just try my best to soothe her lor. Been checking with doctors, all they said is it is normal and ask me not to worry. How not to worry as she kept crying and screaming.... and most of the time she is so exhausted that she just fell asleep. Heart pain ah, seeing her like this.

What was your PD advice? Any other mummies experience the same?

Blurblur, no dont wake bb up. If they r hungry they will definitely wake up. My boy wakes up at 2-3 hrs interval without fail during daytime (like an alarm clock)..nite time he will sleep longer so I will get to rest also
happy.gif

Back