(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

me lor.. we met at the Oct thread.. hee hee.. i mite fall under this thread leh..

but den i think we have to wait for more to come coz i think its stil too soon for the mTBs to find out now..

hi numee,
my EDD is 3 Nov, so close 2 yours.
Have u been for an ultrasound yet?
If so, what was the size of your bb?
What else will the doctor test on the 1st visit? Will there be a blood test to measure bHCG or something?

My apptmt with gynae is this sat lunch time.
Feeling apprehensive - hope there's a heartbeat & not ectopic.

Have 2 go with a full bladder - guess will be pretty uncomfortable. These few weeks been going 2 pee pretty often, coz of discomfort. Hope I can tahan.

Hi Tidy Fairy
happy.gif
Hope more people come and chat!

Hi ladies,
Me also join in this thread leh....

Have you gals went to see gynae yet? Usually how many weeks before we can see baby's heartbeat?

hey woofy,
Went to gynae last Friday cos of spotting. Can't see anything though, so need to go back this week to ensure that the sac is formed and all is going fine.
happy.gif

Don't really like this gynae very much, hoping to change another. You? Have you seen anyone?

Hi furry2,
Do take really good care okie... so how many weeks are you into now?
I'm currently seeing Dr Lawrence Ang at TMC/Mt.A. So far i find him quite helpful in explaining the details to me and anwering my questions.
Which gynae are you currently seeing? Care to share?
happy.gif

Woofy,

I'm currently not in SG, so not able to get SG doc care. I think I'm in my 4th (?) week, going into 5th. Gynae said I detected the pregnancy very early on.

In SG, I use Dr Chan Kon Hon from Glen E. So are you going to deliever at TMC or MT A?

Furry2,

I will be deliver at Mt.A. Heard TMC recently had increase their pricing.

Wow, you can detect your pregnancy so early? So are you currently out-stationed in overseas? Must take care while you travelling cos you are still in early stage...
Likewise, I gotta to take good care of myself too..

Woofy,

My best fren delievered at Mt A and she really liked it there. Oh, didnt know TMC increased their pricing. Guess you live around the area as well? I do.

Yah, I'm outstationed - but long term one. Will be doing a bit of travelling once the doc gives the thumbs up. Dunno leh, didn't think I detected very early, but according to mom, my gynae, another nurse and my best fren - I did. haha

Hi ladies

I went for 1st checkup liao... only can see the small waterbag.... couldnt hear heartbeat yet.

Going for my 2nd appt on 26 Mar..

My doc at Gleneagles, quite a nice chap lah...

I've a slight problem, guess i put on weight too fast, im only in my 6th week and i think i wont be able to fit into my current clothes within the next 2 weeks already.. so sad....

Hi ladies,

Me me!! My EDD is 8th November. Is this a first pregnancy for most of you? For me it's my second, so taking it pretty easy this time.

Have yet to visit the gynea. Will probably use the same gynea as my first pregnancy from KKH.

Numee,
Who are u seeing at Glen E? Guess you will be delievering there as well? How many weeks were u when you could see your water sac? aiyah, don't say that, I also have a suit that I can't possibly wear anymore
sad.gif
so upset too!! and I've all these clothes waiting for warmer weather as well...argh...

Hi Kelly
happy.gif
wow..so u are the experienced one. Must share with us your gems of wisdom!

hi gals..... my edd initially is 26 Oct.... n had been pushed back to 3 Nov.. =)
jus saw the gynae on mon...saw bb heartbeat pipok pipok v fast.... now i shd b in 7 wks..... the feeling is v nice n we felt v happy......at the moment seeing our bb's heart is pumping v fast... =B

Hi gals,

Me not exactly very experienced lah!! I had my girl when I was 18 and was too young and too afraid to truly enjoy the whole pregnancy process. So this time I will definitely sit back and relax......

Hi gals, I am new here. I should be now 5 weeks pregnant but still havent seen the sag in my womb. Now I am seeing Dr Adrian at Sengkang. He is not bad but I find him too commercial. He will speak to you on the package on your first visit. I also find him too positive or I should say chin chye. I am the super gan cheong type but he can take things so easily.

Last week, I developed abdominal pain on the side. It is bearable pain not sharp but I am worried so I went to see him. He said it is ok and sag still too small to be seen. You know lah, it's my first time so I wont feel at ease till I see the sag safely in the womb. Touchwood! I hope it's not ectopic. I surfed the web on such pregnancy and it makes me even worried cos I seem to have the symptoms such as abdominal side pain,shoulderache, backache etc.

I just have a feeling I am the unlucky one cos I really dun feel well. The "pain" can be on the right or left and causing both left and right back to ache. And now I am feeling aching on my back shoulder near to the neck. I have seen 2 gynaes for their opinions so far. All they said is it is normal at this stage that still cant see the sag and normal to have such pain which may be caused by muscle pulling as uterus is growing. But I really find these symptoms very unusual. I feel the soreness and I keep thinking that the fallopian tube is expanding and going to rupture. The feeling is just like the muscle pain we experience when we do too much sit up. You know what I mean.

Does anyone here can advise me what I can do? I dont want to sit around and wait for things to happen. If ectopic is detect earlier, I can save my tube but none of the gynae wants to perform any tests on me.

And at which week do you start to see the sag? How come I am already 5 weeks but still see nothing?

Hi Furry,

So when will you be planning to see a gynae? Another 2 weeks or so?

Hi Numee,
Which gynae are you seeing now? Me also went for my 1st checkup but could not detect anything except one small dot. My doc said got to wait for another 2 weeks then check again.

Hi Kelly,
Share with us your experience leh, all of us here are so excited....

Hi sunflower,
So happy to hear your baby's heart beat.. feeling must be great... i hope i can hear mine soon...

Hi woofy,

Well, actually the best thing to do now is to really take good care of ourselves and eat more healthy food. Not worry too much and trust your doctor. Our babies will be fine and comfy in our womb and all that worrying isn't going to make it grow faster nor bigger!

Have lots of rest and just enjoy the whole experience. Otherwise when your baby comes to the world 9 months later, you won't have much time to rest liao lor.

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
Yeah, we will definitely take good care of ourself..
Do you have natural birth for your #1? Your first kid is boy boy or gal gal? When do you plan to see your gyane?

Hi woofy,

My first kid was a girl and she's turning 5 years old this May. I have already made appointment to see my gynea next Saturday.

I went for natural birth for my #1 and didn't take the epidural shot!! Not because I didn't want to but because my labour was very fast and by the time I couldn't tahan, the nurse said too late liao cannot take epidural because can already see the head of the baby. She even told my hubby to look and try to convince me!!

Hi numee,
my tummy has also expanded awfully at only 6 weeks. i always feel bloated, but can't stop eating a lot. need to keep an eye out for stretch mark oil.

Hi worried mum,
There's an account of an ectopic at this url.
http://www.ectopic.org/medical_information/article_laura_abbott.asp
According to the website the pain would be below the belly button and at the shoulder tip.
You should be able to go for a scan when you have finished 5 or 6 weeks, to see the egg sac (it's not "sag") or embryo/foetus.

I'm also worried about an ectopic but have not experienced any bleeding. I also get some abdominal pain occasionally and today had pain in the front of my thigh going up to the buttock. So terribly uncomfortable it was.

However, I'm only going for a scan at 7 wks 2 days which is this Sat. Praying it's not an ectopic either.

Don't worry, as worrying won't help - just beware of bleeding and be patient til your 6th week.

Hi Tidy Fairy,

I am also going to see my gynae this Sat. Actually this morning when I wake up, I had bad ache on the lower back and now on the upper back but only on one side. Where is shoulder tip? Is it where we usually hang our sling bag?

I also hope it's not ectopic but somekind of muscle pulling due to uterus expansion. But I just couldnt help worrying whenever the "pain" comes. Though it's not persistent and I am not bleeding, the word "ectopic" is always in my brain.

Sigh....I just have to pray harder..

Hi ladies

My gynae is Gordon Lim at Gleneages, i quite like him lah.. i could see the waterbag at week5,Day4...

oh, my doc has 5 kids and married to a doc as well.

He also wrote a book on the FAQs on pregnancy, pretty good.

Think majority of us are new mums-to-be.. sooooo.. naturally more kan cheong lor....

I also get the side pain and body aching all round.. but i guess it is normal....

Now i know "shi yue huai tai" really not easy leh...

Me started to buy maternity wear liao.. very expensive leh... haiz.... but if I'm gg to be a fat pregnant mama... then i decide to be a chio chio fat mama....
happy.gif

Hi Numee,

So fast you can see the sac. Last Sat when I go, the doc said can see the sac but not 100% sure it is. I hope this Sat can see even clearer loh.

You also get side pain? Do you know what causes it?

did your doc take picture of the ultrasound? My doc took one and gave it to me.. looks like small black egg yok and with "egg white" surrounds it.

side pain?i dun know what causes it.. maybe the way we sleep ..

Dun worry lah.. every woman feels differently when it comes to pregancy lah... as long as I'm not bleeding.. i feel safer liao...

FYI, from my doc's website.

http://www.gordonlim.com

Q4. I am 6 weeks pregnant and have found out through an ultrasound scan that my baby's water bag is smaller than expected. Should I be unduly worried? ( from 'Nine Months and Counting' by Dr. Gordon Lim )

Assuming that your periods are regular prior to getting pregnant, the size of your water bag should correspond to your period of amenorrhoea. The possible causes in this case could be wrong dates given, delayed ovulation or a blighted ovum ( foetus that has not been growing ). If your periods are irregular, then you may have conceived later and the foetus is actually smaller than 6 week. You should not be unduly worried as a single ultrasound scan will not distinguish between a blighted ovum and wrong dates. You should wait for a second ultrasound scan at least 2 weeks after your last one to see if the water bag has grown. If it has grown by 2 weeks then it was smaller because of wrong dates or delayed ovulation. the foetal heartbeat can be seen on the ultrasound scan from 6 to 7 weeks. If the heartbeat can be seen, you can be rest assured that your pregnancy has not undergone a miscarriage.

Yes, from the first visit. It is a black dot so I don't see any egg white thing. so far, i have no bleeding so i assume everything is ok?

The "egg white" thing is actually more like a lighter area (slightly lighter than the background) surround the black dot .... actually when my doc pointed out then i realised....

heeheehee... maybe a few months down the road, all the chio chio fat mamas should gather together hor.. heehee....

Worried Mum.. dun wory too much k.. after your next visit to your gynae, you should feel more "an xin" and rename your nickname to "Un-worried Mum" liao...
happy.gif

hiya ladies ~

great to see so many of u here ~

worried mum ~ dun worry coz my gynae did tel me before tat in the early stage cant see yet wan... unless u have spotting den u need to worry if not den rest assured ~

Hi Numee & worried mum,

Your gynae actually did a weekly checkup for you during the 5th-6th week pregnancy?
I'm into my mid of 5th week but my gynae only requires me to go back for checkup on my 7th weeks.. so is this consider normal? Or should I request to have a weekly checkup instead?
My last visit my gyane also detect a small black dot and he is also unsure if that is the sac. He said 2 weeks later should able to see clearly.

woofy ~ i went for my first check up in ard 5th week den the gynae ask me to go bac to see him the following week leh.. coz he say 2 weeks too long wor..

allo pretty mummies..

No lah.. my 1st visit was in my 5th week so next one in 8th wk. See Doc every 3wks in 1st trimester, then every month for 2nd trimester then towards later stage, every week lor...

Hee.. now talk abt gynae ... What's your package like har?

Morraine, when is your EDD?

numee ~ my EDD on the first visit is 18th oct den after tat became 3 Nov den now become 28th oct.. haha.. i confused liaoz.. next visit den hav more accurate date~

coz my menses not regular mah so have to base on bb measurement lor..

my package is like 16th week start den pay 500 den bal is with the hospital bill lor..

all in all for natural delivery is 1.3K

morraine, Dr Tham is a very nice man. My SIL used him for something. He's her family friend, more like uncle.

Wow, 1.3k .. not expensive
happy.gif

sigh, all of you can see 'something'...mine is not able to be seen yet.

Thanks ladies for your clear clarification. My first visit is 4th week plus. My gynae said too early to see anything. So gynae said wait till 7th week then see him again then can hear baby heartbeat at the same time ... so is this the normal practice?

furry ~ hee hee.. ya lor.. nice man hor.. jin fatherly den jin friendly oso.. my SIL n my fren oso using him~ dun worry ~ will see soon~

woofy ~ the gynae thinks u are ok den he wil see u in the 7th week.. so dun worry.. u are fine.. tat is y he wans u to go bac later nia.. but den if u really feel uncomfy den by all means to schedule to see him again soon.. de u feel better? :D

morraine~ Thanks for your comfy words.. really feel more relax.. I will think about it and see if can wait for another week or so loh..
So how many weeks are you now?
happy.gif

woofy,

mine was also too small as my gynae was surprised I detected mine so early on. As I was spotting, I was asked to return 5 days later to check again, but then its been 6 days and I've not gone :p

Dont' worry, just go back at 7 weeks la!

morraine
happy.gif
thanks...I WAS worried, cos gynae had said it may be high risk, but then DH assured me that its all out of our control
happy.gif
so just trust that everything will go well...guess with my DH's faith, I also can't falter...

FBO is down today?

Woofy, my checkup is supposed to be once in 2 weeks. I guess my anxiety and worriness also affected the gynae so he decided to see me once a week till all is settled down. You know, there was one day I get so worried and got my hubby to call him. Really gan chiong spider hor. But yet again I really dun feel shiok with the pain. In fact, after I took a nap just now, the pain came on again and when I pressed on my rib bone, it's kind of pain. I guess no one here has experienced such early backache and even buttock pain problem like me. Usually it only happens at later stage when baby gets baby mah, don't know why I am already feeling it like some ligament tear or what.

Ladies, can i know do you feel any intermediate cramping feeling everyday? Is this due to expansion of our uterus?
Sorry to ask so many questions, me blur sotong lah...

worried mom, since you are already planning to see your healthcare provider, then better stop worrying. Its not only not good for your foetus, its also adds a lot of stress to the people around you.

If it bothers you so much, why not get to KKH to check? They have a 24 hr round the clock department. And at least your mind will be a peace. poor you.

Woofy, I do get sudden jolts now and then...but like you, attribute it to the normal 'growing pains'
happy.gif

you mean menstrual like cramp? i have it only in the middle of the night, particularly after I go pee then the cramp is more significant. My gynae said it's ok. It is caused by expansion and movement of uterus.

woofy ~ me in my 8weeks liaoz ~ glad u felt better ~

furry ~ ya lor.. dun worry lar.. gynae say this kinda case jin common den next visit can see liaoz wan! ya lor..

FBO down
sad.gif

woofy ~ i have cramps at the beginning few weeks.. quite bad til i went to see doc den doc oso say monitor lor.. no bleeding den its ok.. den i had medi oso.. cant slp at nite.. jin horrible.. den jin worried oso.. coz first few weeks mah.. so if no spotting den its norm ger~

Back