(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Hi all,

Yong Ye is starting to respond with a smile everytime I talk and play with him. Brings a smile to my face everytime he does that!!!

345862.jpg

hi Dili,
When you next update the chart, could you pls update for me the following?

Date popped: 6 Dec
revised EDD: 9 Dec
Delivered at: Raffles Hospital
baby girl's birth weight: 3.12kg

thanks!

Good afternoon ladies,

went for boy's hepB 2nd jab 2day. Dili, if u want to update his wt: 4.97 kg ht: 56 cm. Doc said good wt gain
happy.gif

Kelly, ur boy so cute
happy.gif

Thanks for your posts on the cream and diapers. I change my girl's diapers less than 3-hourly, cuz she feeds less than 3-hourly and i change after every feed cuz confirmed got poo poo. But she still kenna nappy rash. I was using drypers, now i changed to pampers. sigh....

Nowadays my girl doesn't want to go back to sleep after her feeds, she will keep whining/crying for 2 hours before she sleeps, only to wake up 1-2 hours later for her next feed. This is the same for both day and night. Like that how? I got no time for myself at all.

Naughty and kelly, your babies are so cute. Kelly, your baby can smile at you, so heartwarming hor?

Hi all,

My boi started smiling in his sleep especially after a satisfying meal!!! Be patient, will be all of your baby's turn soon. Just keep talking and stimulating them!

Hello ladies..

Been so busy over the weekend...with the full month celeb. Neo Garden was good - had quite good feedback from my guests on the food. Shaved off baby's hair as well..so he is "botak" now..think he feels better too cos more cooling for him.

Anyway, my boy starting having a lof of wind in his stomach a few days ago..threw up every time..he sucks very hard on his Avent teats..and takes in a lot of air at the same time..so I went hunting yest for the Avent varible flow teat. I was recommended the Dr Brown bottles. Ladies, I tell u, the bottles are great!! I have fed him from those bottles from yest - no more struggles from him..and he has not thrown up (just slight regurgitation) since then. Just wanted to share this with you all..in case any of your babies are having similar problem. The Dr Brown's bottles are designed with a tube in the middle to help in removing the air bubbles frm the bottles.

Naughty & Kelly - both your babies are soooo cute!!
happy.gif
Makes me smile when I saw their pix.

Jeddie - my baby makes lots of noise in his sleep as well...sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night, thinking he is awake..when actually he is just stretching and making weird noises in his sleep.
happy.gif

Hi all,

Juz went for Orlando's 2nd Dose for Hep B today at polyclinic.. Dili, help me to update too, his weight: 5kg height:58cm

Gd morning ladies..

Have a good day..finally, I feel more settled..can rest more these days..and sleep more as well.

Jeddie - I got them from The First Few Years at Paragon (5th Floor). Think the price is S$36.90 for two bottles - with teats. I am going to get another 2 bottles soon.

Hi ALL..

Max just reached her 1mth!!

I'm finally giving in to the baby hammock by Amby!! Max needs to be rocked and cuddled to sleep.. even when drowsy put down on the bed.. she "knows" and her eyes will flash open BIG BIG!!Then have to start the "process" all over again! She also "kaypo" to any noise..

She's been carried so much during the 1mth celes on Sat by my MIL now got rashes all over her back and head!!Sigh...

Anyone else having difficulties?

Hi Ladies... I'm using Dr Brown's bottles as well. Cos my gal got very bad colic. I've got a total of 2 4-oz and 5 8-oz bottles. Bought 2 from metro while waiting my colleague to get the newborn starter kit from states. My hse now lelong milk bottles... 8 NUK, 5 Avents and 7 Dr brown's. But Dr brown's bottles can't fit properly into the Avent Steam Sterilizer. Gotta to split into 2 to sterilize.
Those wif metro card, got 10% discount for the Dr brown's bottles.

My gal's colic is a little better now. She's less colicky when she dun take the medicine. Hb always wans to feed her wif medicine whenever she starts to 'strike', but i resist. End up, when had huge fights over it. Haiz....

Natalie - I have the same prob w my boy..he must be rocked and cuddled to sleep as well..and his eyes will also open big big if we happen to put him down before he is really fast asleep...sigh. It is very tiring..I am still trying to resist the yao lan etc..so see how it goes. But it is taking its toll on me.

Oh yes - re the Dr Brown's bottles - the sales person at The First Years (where I got the bottles from) informed me that we shld not introduce any air bubbles into the bottles by shaking, since the bottles can only remove air introduced by baby's sucking. So whether breast milk / formula milk, best to stir with a sterilised spoon rather than shake, to get the best effects from the bottle.

Nik - my house also has lots of bottles now..Pigeon, Avent, etc..maybe we can combine and start selling.. haha. Just kidding...

Nik - are the bottles much cheaper in the US? Can u let me know the approx prices? I have some friends coming home soon from there.

Sigh...
I have the same problem as chin and natalie...
darn... baby nowadays very very intelligent...
MUST be all the similac!! Grr....
Hiroshi needs to be rock and cuddle to bed...
the moment i lay him down on the bed,
he opens his eyes and starts crying....
Worst till...
ytd he cried for a soild 1hr after feeding...
change his diaper...
cuddle him, rock him...
BUT still cry till face red red like kwan gong!
It's taking its toll on me as well...
so worried of getting post natal depression....

Jeddie,
Sorry for the late reply...
Massaging cannot take away the fats unfortunately... are you breastfeeding? If you are, you should be losing weight quite steadily. My massage lady basically concentrated on the tummy area and made sure the blood clots all come out and the uterus shrinks back (BF-ing can make uterus shrink back anyways)

Naughty,
You're so pretty! Hmm... don't understand why you don't want Brent to inherit your looks!

Milk Bottles,
I also find Avent bottles introduce lots of air bubbles. Currently using NUK... quite good too.

For Quick Reference,

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>22/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>24/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Popped on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD>Birth Wt</TD><TD>1M </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>14/10/05</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.9kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font></TD><TD>2.77kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Naughty</TD><TD>19/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brent Chng</font></TD><TD>2.4kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>21/10/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gareth</font> &amp; <font color="ff0000">Gillian</font></TD><TD>2.1kg &amp; 1.8kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>26/10/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.04kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD>2.99kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sandy Lian</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Lucia Tan</font></TD><TD>3.36kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>29/10/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Nicholas</font></TD><TD>3.1kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>31/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.73kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>02/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darion</font></TD><TD>3.85kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Priscilla</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>17/12/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jadon</font></TD><TD>1.36kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charlynn</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>05/11/05</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Malcolm Wong</font></TD><TD>3.22kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Phoebe</font></TD><TD>3.16kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Misch</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.32kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sibelle</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.72kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amber</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Thaddeus Ting</font></TD><TD>3.42kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Youpi</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.37kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Chia GyAnn</font></TD><TD>3.395kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ziyu</font></TD><TD>2.93kg</TD><TD>4.97kg, 56cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Lucius Teng</font></TD><TD>4.075kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurblur</TD><TD>11/09/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Lezann Tan</font></TD><TD>3.19kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>10/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Orlando Lee</font></TD><TD>3.4kg</TD><TD>5kg, 58cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.85kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YP Lee</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Qizhi</font></TD><TD>3.44kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Maxene</font></TD><TD>2.91kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aloysius</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Calbee</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ting Li</font></TD><TD>3.49kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheyenne Tan</font></TD><TD>2.725kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hiroshi Yoon</font></TD><TD>2.895kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">2 Girls</font></TD><TD>2.6kg &amp; 2.24kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.665kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shelle</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>22/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Allyson</font></TD><TD>2.88kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>22/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Furryfurry</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rebecca</font></TD><TD>3.39kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>25/11/05</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jayden</font></TD><TD>2.8kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>25/11/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.33kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>28/11/05</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.58kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elser</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jeron</font></TD><TD>2.88kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>02/12/05</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Alyssa</font></TD><TD>3.49kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>06/12/05</TD><TD>09/12/05</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.12kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

i think all of us having same problem...

last nite,my boi eyes big big,arms and legs actively moving..refuse to sleep..ended up my father has to rock him to sleep from 12plus till 2am..shiong for my dad

dili,my boi weight at 1 mth is 3.8kg,52cm

Can I join the club for babies who need to be carried and rocked to sleep? My baby is the same! Just when I think that he is asleep and put him down into his cot, his eyes open big big and waaaaahhhhh!!! I have to pick him up and start the cycle again. Worse, he does not always sleep after feeds. I really envy those mummies whose babies can feed and auto sleep.

That's why I find it hard to express bm -- he feeds every two hours or less, and it can take up to one hour after feeding to put him to sleep. After that, no time to do annything already!

Ah Fat, I cried a lot during the first two-three weeks... now I'm okay. If you feel that you want to cry, just cry. It's hormones too, and you'll feel better after that...

Ladies, for those who do mixed feeding, what is your feeding schedule like? Is there a schedule?

Me too wanna join the club!!! My girl doesnt go to sleep automatically after feeds. needs to be cuddled and once put her down, will fidget and cry. How like this? When can we start sleep training them and letting them self-soothe to sleep?

Breastfeeding mummies: My girl doesnt finish her feed at one go. She will suckle for a while, than doesn't want my breast anymore. 30 mins later, she wants to suckle again. etc etc. So one feeding session can take 1-2 hours. And she goes to sleep, only to wake up 1 hour later and the cycle continues. anyone with this prob? how how?

When do babies start having some sort of a regular schedule? I'm so tired of being a moo-moo cow and a panda.

Good afternoon ladies,

Be patient.My boy will still occasionally wayang but he's getting real guai nowadays (3 hrs interval feeding..mom said cannot say he's good in front of him..bb v pantang :p)

Nowadays after feeding if his eyes big big I will put him into the sarong w pacifier and on the motor. When I first got the motor he slept in it v happily for 3 solid hrs..after that his feeding schedule extended fr 2 to 3hrs and he's now having more milk as a result of the extended hrs. Mom also said the motor is good..

Of cuz if he's half dozed off after his milk then I will place him in his cot. He will suck suck pacifier and spit it out then fall asleep
happy.gif

Meixue, must ensure ur gal finishes her milk. Last time we used to hv this problem..whole day ended up feeding him like urs. Nowadays, we will try to wake him up by exercising his legs/hands or burp him first then continue the rest of the milk

Hi ladies,

I'm from Dec 05 MTB. My EDD was Dec 17 but I popped on Nov 19 to my little princess.

Would like to chk with u all regarding caculation for CL working days...if CL started work on Nov 21, when is her last day of work har? me blur blur...
embarrassed.gif

Thanks.

Dili_mummy..

Please help me to update: At 1 month, Darion was 5.2kg and 59cm. Thanks..

Also - wanted to check w you..re your massage lady..does she do house calls for relaxation massages?? Can u let me have her contact? I feel like having one..but do not want to sign up any package. Thk my massage lady only do for post natal packages leh...

Chin, Yup, Dr Brown's is very much cheaper in the states. My newborn starter kit, consist of 2 4-oz, 3 8-oz, 2 pcs of extra stage 2 teats, 2 travel caps, 3 brushes. All for $16.99 us$. After tax, it's about $19.

My boy also like to open his eyes big big after nite feeds. My friend teaches me to gently stroke his forehead downwards using our finger, between his eyes, during feeds. He will close his eyes while drinking from the bottles. Slowly, he will drift back to his sleep. And of course, dun talk to him at all.

I dun have any one month checkups lei. My bbs had not have any vaccine too. Not even the BCG at birth. I will see the PD on tis coming monday, when they are almost 2 months' old.

Thanks Jeddie and Chin for the advice on Dr Brown bottle
happy.gif

By the way Dillimum, my bb is is 5.2kg and 57cm at 1 mth
happy.gif
Thanks for helping to update

mummies, i am still very hesistant abt giving pacifier..
sad.gif
but my mum always say its good to give pacifier and try to teach him to suck pacifier, which he always spit out. My mother in law also in favour of pacifier... sigh...

Dili_Mummy (dili_mummy)
thanks for the quick refences...
i had popped on 05/12/05
@ mt a.
girl. 3.28kg. 47cm.
Named: Regine

thanks alot for the updates!!

Thanks for the info ladies...

Congrats Jeslyn! Now your nick is longer!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">IF,</font>
Your CL should know how to calculate mah? If she starts on 21 Nov... then her last day should be 12 Dec (assuming her service is for 28 days)

Dili Mummy pls update my gal's weight @1 mth is 4kg, ht?? (didn't manage to hear nurse say what ht was) thks!

Me wanna join club too.. my gal also eyes big big once I puts her down in cot... always have to repeat pick her up, put her down, pick her up, put her down.... so tiring...

Found some articles on tips to get bb to sleep tru nite, to share with all
http://babyzone.com/features/content/display.asp?ContentID=10
http://babyzone.com/features/content/display.asp?TopicID=9123&amp;ContentID=1795&amp;Page=4

I also BF till my gal falls asleep, then i try to wake her up and this routine can last for 1hr... but after i put her down to sleep, she will start screaming ... very difficult to track how much she drinks by latching, so no choice, now resort to EBM

meixue! me too me too! baby tends to suckle for a short while (10 to 15 min on one side), then falls asleep and doesnt want to eat anymore, then half and hour later, wakes up for another feed.. help.

oh dili mum, if you can update, my baby boy's info is EDD: 10 dec, delivered at GEH, birth weight is 3.04 kg. Next week, we'll be going for the one month checkup, will update you on his weight then. thanks

Dili Mummy
Thks. I thot 28days...she shld work til Dec 18 &amp; leave on Dec 19 morning but she told me she wil leave on Dec 18 morning.....so i blur blur...dun know how she calculate...also 'pai seh ' to ask further.....

Back