(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Meixue,
I thought detailed scan is compulsory! When are you seeing your doctor again? I think you can't have it done after 22 wks (not sure if it's 22, but I know it can't be done after 20+ wks). Call up the clinic... I'm sure they won't reject it if you insist to PAY for having a detailed scan! If everything's normal, it really sets your mind at ease.
 


hi all... i am new in this thread. initially i thought i was due in oct.. but after my detailed scan... its actually.. on the 4th nov. and am having a boy.
happy.gif
so.. mmm.. would like to join in to this thread..

followed quite a bit of the contents... and carol.. it ain't easy for you to make decisions.. but i do hope that u will be strong..
and i hope that its the gynae's mistake..
 
Good morning ladies!

MeiXue - if the doc did not mention the scan, then perhaps you should bring it up, and insist on one? I thk it is quite impt and a routine these days. A girlfriend of mine (whose little girl is now 2 yrs old) also told me that her gynae then did not mention it to her (hmm..maybe the same gynae). When she asked him, he said - oh, I thought maybe you do not want to spend the money...sounded that he just forgot actually!! My friend ended up doing the test anyway - a bit late. But reassuring nonetheless..
happy.gif


Natalie - Take care and rest well! Do not run around, ok?

Have a good day ladies.
 
Good morning everyone!

Meixue, after 22 weeks cant do detailed scan already. Scan is only for 18-22 or else some of the measurements wont be accurate already. I think u need a referral letter from gynae to go to hospital for detailed scan. Must act fast if u want the scan.

Welcome Adel!

Coral, do take care.
 
Meixue, there is normally a queue to do the FA scan. You need to book in advance one, so better go find out from your doc fast..else will miss the 18-22 weeks window.
 
Hi morning ladies !
Meixue, dun worry, I didn't have to queue / book very far in advance for my FA scan. Just ask your gynae for a referral. Most will ask the scan to be done before 22 weeks as according to SG law, we are permitted to legally remove the foetus before 24 weeks.

FA scans are pretty detailed with more time spent on checking the child's heart chambers, formation and flow of veins/arteries, major organs such as stomach, liver as well as pre-emptive diagnosis of cleft lip, hole in heart etc type issues. The gynae/sonographer will also be able to check the flow of the cord etc. It is not a compulsary procedure but a good-to-have since its pretty affordable.

HTHs.
 
I did something crazy yesterday. Went for my first Brazillian. Wow wheee...feel pretty "shiok" now
happy.gif
Think I'll do that before delievering if I can...so don't have to let the docs shave.

Going for another gynae appointment tomorrow. Hope all's well. Definitely have put on weight, now the matter is only HOW MUCH.

Aprilpinky, thanks for the link. I just yet another 2 bottoms yesterday. 1 from Blisse and another from 9 mois (capris). Ought to stop but I love shopping and its really hard!!!
 
furryfurry,

I have been contemplating going for the XXXX brazilian at Strip too!! But I just couldn't bring myself to think of the pain. Where did you do yours?? Did it hurt??
 
Hey Kelly,
It wasn't pain-free but tolerable!!

I went to Vivian at Beauty Box - 9857-2943 (Can SMS for info/appointments). She runs her own biz out of Hair Inc (#02-26) at Centerpoint. Costs are $50 for first b-wax, $35 for subsequents.

I liked that she chatted with me and put me at ease whilst she was de-fur-ring me. Feels very clean now. Seriously, I a scardy cat and I walked out thinking "hey, it wasn't so bad!"

Go try go try!!
 
Berlin, from what I understand (bearing in mind this is my FIRST try as well) and read about, we can go fur free for about 3 weeks to 1 month.

I was told from others that regrowth is not prickly, as compared to shaving, and is finer.

I just thought to try since it may be an alternative besides having the hospital shave for me :p
 
Morning ladies..

Furryfurry, we pregnant still can do brazillian wax meh? u got consult ur gynae? coz i was contemplating whether to go do it or not during my earlier stage of pregnancy.. heh..
 
Cel,
its ok to get a B-wax...know of many pple who do it (both locally and overseas) at various stages of preggie.

Since you are concerned, can check with your gynae lor.
 
furryfurry, very interesting about the B-wax .. how long does the pain last and how long is the whole process .. I'm very sua-ku, how many times must one do in order to get rid all the hair permanently??
 
Hi Gals,

Seeing the chatty msg here really make me miss those days when things are still so bright and hopeful. Wish I could return to those times. Although in pain but there's hope. Now, no medication , no surgery that I can do to help boy.

I'll be see both sides of gynae on thurs and fri. So today my emotion is really uncontrollable. Can't do anything to make myself feel calm. Tought of coming here to cheer myself up. It's nice to see you gals shopping for your growing tummy and doing the waxing in preparstion for the delivery. It's nice to be normal.
Cheers.
 
April:
I got the timing of my scaning mixed up......
So I got to wait for a while....
But, it wasn't so bad.....
Hiroshi was facing downwards during the 1st part of the scan....
We had to go walk around.....
and within 15mins.... he was facing upwards.....
My hubby say very co-operative bb....
JUST LIKE HIM..... (rahahahahahaha)
Doc. didn't say much about the scan...
so i presume that it's alright......
 
Coral,

I saw ur postings in other threads and can sense ur sorrow. Try not to always think of ur problem whole day. watch some TV, read some books and yes come to forum often etc to get the worry off ur mind.

We hope for the best for u and ur bb. If you really cannot keep him, dont worry, ur next one will definitely be normal.
 
Furryfurry.. coz my colleagues went for b-wax n said i can't do it coz i pregnant, dat's y unsure if it can b done or not.. hee..

coral, emotions for such is definitely uncontrollable. n i admire ur courage to actually face d music n tok about it. Juz come in here as often if it helps to brighten up ur day.. we'll always b here for u, or if nt like wat Aprilpinky says, read bks, watch tv or even listen to music.. if u nid someone to tok to, juz let us noe, i'm sure none of us would mind chatting wif u.. hee.. so take care k?
 
All the salons I have called to enquire said they have lots of pregnant women going to them. And guess what?? I have made my appointment to do the XXXX brazilian wax at Strip Holland V. this evening!! So excited.
 
kelly..

thanks for sharing.. heh.. hw much do they charge u ah? coz i tink my colleagues also go to the one in Holland V but duno watz d name of the shop.. muz remember to share wif us ur experience hor.. heehee.. i tink i gg for it soon liao..
 
Hi All MTB, long time didnt come into the forum... still look very happening here, a few new comers and old birds still around! =)

I'm also very worried past few weeks... i did my blood test on my 16 weeks and guess what? The doctor said i got low red blood cell and also indicated that my bb might be downstyndrome etc. So no choice... ive to go for amni test (fluid test) which e dr. use a very thin & long needle poke thru e stomach and draw fluid from my waterbag (quite painful and i cried alittle...) We choose express service cos wanna noe e result faster and finally everything turn out to be NORMAL and ours is a BABY BOY (PRINCE)! Phew... much relieved after hearing e news. But then hv to do another round of blood test to test whether I got 'Di zhong hai pin xue'... aiyo many tests la and not cheap somemore!

Coral, i felt so sad after hearing your story... hope time heals your broken heart! But meantime take good care of your health ya.
 
Hi celtricia,

The one at Holland V is Strip and is run by the people behind Spa Esprit which used to occupy this space. Their website is http://www.strip.com.sg/

Strip also has an outlet at Wheelock Place which is always full!!! But I don't know why it's not stated on the website. Contact number for the Wheelock Place outlet is 68361200.

Charges varies according to the degree of waxing you wanna do from X to XXXX. Check out their website and the different services and charges are stated. Will let you guys know my experience after my virgin experience tonight!
 
Kelly, nice to know someone else is jumping on the same bandwagon
happy.gif
All the best and heee, I'm sure u'll enjoy the fur-less "new" you!

SusanY, it took about 20 minutes all in all for mine. The lady told me that she actually went slow with me as it was my first experience and also preggie. I'm not sure how many times we've got to do to get totally hairless, but I've been told regrowth is much lesser.

Yvonne, glad to hear everything went ok with you.

Corol, how about visiting a book store? That always helps a little for me at least.
 
Hi kelly,

Thanks for the info.. when to check it out liao.. the price quite reasonable lah.. will arrange a time for myself to try out.. hee.. most likely will go wif my colleague..
 
Coral, you have to stay calm in order to get a more accurate result, please feel free to share with us on any discomfort feeling, ok ..
 
Hi ladies,
I wonder does anyone 'take note' of ur bb's movement everyday?? I'm not sure how to take note of their movement. Does ur bb always kick at the same position? Since i'm carrying twins, i can only can agar agar from the position they 'kicked' to noe which one is kicking.

Chris, taking flight is generally safe. Dun worry, juz dun walk around too much in the aircraft. I used to have a pregnant woman on my flight, from the info, she's already in her 32weeks. Tat time, i wonder why my airline still allow her onboard ALONE. We r so worry tat she might pop anytime, moreover it's a very long flight from singapore, transit in tokyo going to LA. Luckily nothing happened.
 
Well, decide to take things off my mind by going out with my boy, shall bring him out for nice food and fun around the island and maybe we can take some pics too. Will clear work today.Tmrw aft hosp visit shall ask hb to go out with me and booy and on fri his godma will go out with me and him. Guess, it's better to let him see the world than listen to mummy sob.
 
Hi Coral,
I am from the January thread. Saw your story and my heart goes out to you and your boy.

I had a major scare in the early stage and I can imagine how much worse you must be feeling now.

Hope that things will look better for you soon and must importantly, stay positive. Will be keeping you in my prayers.
 
hi ladies, long time never come in... really miss u gals!!!! Very busy this few weeks manz...

Dili & nik, sorry for not reporting :-( i am ok, this afternoon don't know wat happened... i suddenly feel breathless n nearly blackout, so scary!! but am ok now after rest.
stil cant see my bb gender lei, waiting for my detail scan next wed. my antenatal class also starting next wed too.... so excited!

nik, when ur detail scan? is it over...

gals, i also interested in b-wax... but me very scare of pain.... how to go?! :-(
 
Sexxy, glad to hear that u're OK now .. Kelly went yesterday, awaiting for her to share the experience on b-wax ..

hey Nik, u were an air-stewardess with SQ?
 
Hello All,

Any1 else interested in the meet-up this sunday 3pm at Pacific Cafe (the one below the bridge of raffles link to marina sq) ?

So far we have
-SusanY (and hubby)
-Bblove
-Celtricia
-Myself (and hubby)

SusanY, bblove and celtricia, do you all still want to go ahead with 6 of us?
 
hi all..
am back. read about the ongoing topic of brazilian wax.. really didn't know that we need to shave before giving birth.. but if thts the case.. how come ya all are going so early? *puzzled*

can i check with u gals.. if all of you can feel baby's kicking? mmm.. i can feel it like every other hour.. he's like never sleeping... wonder what would he be like if he's out of my womb..

are u all still meeting up this sun?
 
Hi Mommies to be
Was in this thread for awhile but now at Dec thread coz EDD on christmas eve. Anyway, just wanted to say that detailed scan is not compulsory. It's really up to you if you wanna opt for it. Sometimes knowing too much can cause more worry if they really find something not right.

Coral
Really encouraged by your strength and positive thinking. Hope all goes well in your tests. Not sure why docs have spotted in your boy but my friend went thru the same thing. All the docs were convincing her to let her boy go because of some things they found during the detailed scan but she refused despite several checks. They prayed and claimed healing on their child in faith and their son is born perfect. Even his hole in the heart discovered at the detailed scan has closed. So be encouraged and hope all goes well with you.
 
Sexxy, good to hear from u. Busy at work also must rest, u noe? Feeling 'breathless' could be heart-burn. Heard my colleague mentioned before, but she didn't elaborate further. No, me haven't go to my detailed scan yet. It will be at the end of tis month. 2 more weeks to go before i can 'see' my little ones.

SusanY, yes, i'm a cabin crew but not wif SQ. I'm wif another foreign airline.

Aprilpinky, sorry i can't join tis outing again. My hb wan to bring me to 'pak tor'. Hahaha. Next time when all our bbs 'pop'. Think no more chance to 'pak tor' anymore.
 
Hi Aprilpinky & Susan

Thanks for inviting me for this sunday outing. But usually im not free on weekends. Anyway thanks for asking...
happy.gif


Btw, i knew which Pacific Cafe you talking about... yes, there is another cafe just below Raffles link building.. M.Square is currently under renovation though...

Dili-mummy - Yeah, the list shown most of the Nov babies are boy boy leh... hmm.....
happy.gif

Been busy lately so hardly got time to log in to this thread.. but i will try to log in as often as i can....
 
Adel,

Currently, we have
-SusanY (and hubby)
-Bblove
-Celtricia
-Myself (and hubby)
-plus you and hubby

Actually quite a big group already. I think we shd go ahead. Should we meet at the cafe direct or shd we meet outside delifrance in raffles link? (in case some of u not v sure how to go to Pacific Cafe?) Let me know soon. I will PM all of you my HP #.

Woofy, it's ok join us next time.
 
Aprilpinky, we can go ahead as Adel & hubby can join us .. by the way, i'm quite suaku about Singapore, hardly roam around as I'm a PR (M'sian, still new in S'pore), same goes to hubby. How do i get to Raffles link .. it's different from City Link, right ..

Nik, I'm with Cargo Airline ..
 


Back
Top