(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Aprilpinky - thank you for the invitation, I'm able to join, where will be the venue - I stay in towards the East side. Are the daddies joining - my hubby doesn't mind to join as he could share more info in becoming 1st Time Daddy.
 


Coral, when i am reading the tread just now, it brings tears in my eyes. although i seldom chat here, but i follow the tread closely. You are really very strong! We are all hoping for miracle and prey for you! Take good care of yourself!
 
aprilpinky, i can't join you this Sunday as my MIL need to admit to NUH that afternoon to prepare for one operation on Monday morning. Hope to join you next time if my tummy still allow me to go out.
happy.gif
Now my tummy is quite big already and since i am quite slim so it's very obvious. Don't know what i will look like at third trimester as two bbs are in my tummy.
happy.gif


Also i still cannot differentiate bb movement and gas....i think the bb on my left side did move many times.
happy.gif
 
Susan,

Sure! I think my hubby got nowhere to hang around after dropping me off at the cafe also so he wont be alone then.

Celtricia & bblove, feel free to bring ur hubby along also.

The venue is at Pacific Cafe located opp marina sq (sort of under the link bridge between raffles link and marina sq).

Chris, take care. Can imagine how big is ur tummy..probably twice as big as ours who have only 1 bb inside us. hehehehehehe.
 
Coral, do stay strong. I hope all ur testes will turn out all right. We are all behind u here.

Aprilpinky, thanks for coordinating the gathering on Sunday. But can i confirm later? I will give u an answer by thursday.

Mashybrainz, nice to see u here. But i think i have been consuming quite a fair bit of ginseng liao, how?? Then wat else should we 'bu' lei??
 
Nik,

No problem. waiting for your favorable response. Hehe..curious to see how big r u also..u r the other MTB having twins right? (hopefully I didnt mix up).

Eat already nothing happen so just dont eat anymore if it really worries u. I think just eat nutritious food like milk, veg, lean meat and fruits. Drink lots of water also shd suffice. Of cuz must take whatever gynae prescribes like multivit, calcium etc.
 
Coral, i am very sorry you have to go thru this. i hope a miracle happen for the baby. you have the support of everyone here whatever decision you choose to make. if you need a listening ear, you can always drop in here..take care!
 
been having a lot of changes in my workplace. i just got moved to another section and reports to a different boss now. so, been bz handing over and trying to make sense of what is happening since everything happens so fast.

then, i came in here and saw coral's msg and feel tat everything not so impt, bb more impt..health more impt..and need to slow down and not stress so much..
 
Dear Coral
Am so sorry to hear abt your plight. You're a very strong mummy. You'll be in our prayers and thoughts. Take care!!!
 
Aprilpinky - good, our hubbies can have each other companion then ..

I'm sure Chris & Nik's tummy would have been bigger than ours now, as they're carrying twins!!

I don't take any 'bu' too leh .. just simply don't know what 'bu' to take, so not taking any ..
 
Aprilpinky, SusanY, seriously, my tummy isn't big at all. Last week, i walked into a maternity wear shop, the shop assistant approached me n the 1st thing she asked, "lokking for a gift for someone". My galfriend was laughing behind me. Then my galfriend said," now i really believe why u said u dun looked preggie at all". As long as my bbs are growing accordingly, i'm happy liao. And i have not really started wearing my maternity clothes yet. I'm still hanging on to my loose usual clothes.

Recently, i feel lots of 'activity' inside my tummy. Moreover, they kicked continuously. Last nite, i asked my hb to placed his palm on my tummy, he felt it too. He was so excited.
 
Dear Ladies,
Thanks for all your encouragement. I've decided to be brave and face whatever comes ahead. Most importantly I want to stay vy healthy now so that I wont jeopardise any chance of survival of my boy or risk my life, cos I dont want hb to experience more losses.
At first I was worried that I'll be vy negative and so don't want to come in here to affect the mood of all. But now I know that I can be vy sad yet positive.
Did all the necessary blood tests and results show that hb and I are not the cause of the problem in bb. Well, now we're really confused. But anyway, there are hundreds of possiblities that coukd result in the condition in my boy, and in some cases the cuase may never be found. Later we're going to KKH to see another gynae and arrange for more tests. We'll also repeat all tests. We're not going to give up until we're more than 100% sure that bb needs to go.
I'm strong and trying not to feel depress although I can get vy emotional whenever I think of the worst, but guess I shall keep that off my mind for now and deal with it when it comes.
Stay cheerful and be healthy.
 
Coral, you will have all of your support here, being strong is the most ultimate path to overcome the negatives .. neither you or your husband are alone here .. take good care of yourself now, ok ..
 
coral ~ pls stay strong n healthy ger ~ we are all here to support u mentally ~ no matter wat the outcome is.. just take care ~

will keep u and ur hb n ur prince in my prayers ~
happy.gif
 
Aprilpinky,

i will b coming alone as hubby is not ard, he signed on army, so nw he's in tekong having his BMT n will only b out on 22 July..
 
MTBs, just out of curiousity... anyone here got stretch marks already?? Hehe... i heard usually stretch marks will only start at the last trimester...
happy.gif
 
Coral - dun give up till the very very last min ok? Dun dispair also - wait for the KKH's report. I agree with u - be 100% sure!!!
 
Nik, u're so cute, your tummy is still small eventhough with 2 babies .. positively, I think it's good lah, as you still can move around freely.
 
Nik,

U must have been v small size, tummy v compact, can contain 2 bb and yet look small. hehe. Mine also small. That day went to buy bra, the salesgal hesitated on commenting I'm pregnant cuz I think she scared wait I turned out not and was just fat.
 
Coral, glad tat u are really brave. Let's all hope ur blood test n etc turn out fine.

Aprilpinky, SusanY, I'm not small size, i stand at 1.68m. Where got small. But, it's true tat i still able to move around easily. Last week, bump into my hb's colleagues, they also can't tell tat i'm preggie. Hahaha. Guess tat i can 'hide' my tummy well. When i juz turn 18th week tat time, ppl guessed tat i'm only 3.5 month preggie. And my gynae also stare at my tummy before he start scanning. Then he commented tat maybe i'm tall, tummy will not show yet.
 
nik, you are so lucky to have small tummy...mine is very big already, at least i think it's big..
happy.gif
started wearing maternity pants one month ago and now if i take public transport, sure will get seats..
happy.gif
Guess i am small size and tummy used to be very flat...so it's quite obvious now

My gynae told me that he will give me mc for one month during week 30-34 coz that's the most dangerous time for permature delivery...guess by then my tummy will be really big...i think i must continue my own leave until give birth.. still cannot imagin..
happy.gif
 
I suppose most of us being first time mothers will not look too preggie at this stage since the belly has not been overly stretched prior to this. I have to wear maternity clothes in order to look the look, otherwise I just look like an ah-soh with a slightly bulging belly.
BTW, anyone going for their detailed scan soon?
 
<font color="0000ff">as @ 11-Jul-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>HappyMum</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Coral</TD><TD>15/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>FurryFurry</TD><TD>17/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>14/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>18/12/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

legend
<font color="0000ff">ESH - Eastshore Hospital, MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif
 
April...are u asking about the wait for Detail scan? I went for mine a few weeks ago... no need to wait long.. i went at the appointed time and waited about 5 mins then its my turn already. Just that bb was lying on his back so i was told to go walk walk and go back 30mins later to scan the spine...
happy.gif
 
Hi Manuka
Indeed was enquiring on the detailed scan as was told by the nurse to go to kkh an hr earlier for the scan. My appt on fri is at 10.20am and she asked me to go down around 9.30am. Perhaps she is a little ks, worried that my baby not cooperative and need to take a while longer to scan in detail. Btw, was the detailed scan done by the gynae or by a sonographer?
The last time I went, I had to take a q no and wait at another place for the ultrasound to be taken by a sonographer before seeing the doc.
Is it the same for classic and private packages?
 
Hi hi April,
Detail scan different from normal mthly scan... monthly scan done by gynea whereas the detail scan done by sonographer...
I am a KKH TPS patient. So the nurse at TPS make 2 appointment for me. One for the detail scan at 10am and the other to see my gynea at 10.40am. So I reach @10am for the detail scan, no need take q no, just show them the booklet, then after abt 5 mins, a nurse came over and bring me to a room. The whole scanning takes about 20-25mins (until i almost fall asleep!!), then because can't see bb's spine, i got to go walk walk and go back in 30mins. the whole process ended at abt 11am then i report to my gynea.
 
Chris, i would say my tummy isn't small nor big. Medium size. Thanks for ur info abt the premature period. I will be more careful around tat period too. It's impt for us to carry the bbs nearer to due date. Actually, i'm looking at the 2nd week of nov, i think i should be pop by then. Do u noe the gender of ur bbs??

Dili, no sexxy didn't contact me. I wonder how is she too.
 
Thanks Manuka!
Opps sorry...Does TPS mean Private Suite?

Hi SusanY- Think there might be a glucose tolerance test at 24 wks or so. Read that the nurses make u drink this sweet liquid to test for gestational diabetes.
Anyone has any idea?
 
Hi April - yes TPS = The Private Suite.
Is there a glucose test at 24 weeks?! I will be going gynea this Thu and I'm 24 weeks. Will update you all if there is really this test when i back...
happy.gif

Oh no... I hope I won't fail the test, have been craving and eating super sweet stuff everyday. last week, i had hot fudge sundea every day for 3 days in a row and then the forth day, i had sticky chewy chocolate at swensens! I think i better stop anything too sweet for these 2 days in case there is really a test this Thu for me! hahahaha
happy.gif
 
oh April - ya kah .. didn't know about the glucose tolerance test, I'm going for my monthly check-up this Saturday, will see what my gynae say .. like Manuka, I'm into 24th week now too ..
 
hi ladies

i just came back from my HK trip..

Coral,so sad to read ur post.. be strong and we will pray a miracle for ur boy and u..
 
<font color="0000ff">Hi all</font>

just to drop by and say hi!! I've been confined to bed rest for cramps, dizziness and nausea!!

I'll know next week if everything is ok..

Congrats on mummies knowing gender of BB..easier to shop now eh??

<font color="ff0000">CORAL</font>

My heart goes out to you..be strong and have faith..Keep postive that whatever happens you've been blessed and will continue to be blessed. You have carried life within you and for that you are truely blessed! Stay positve and know that you have always us should you need an ear..
happy.gif
 
Hello All,

Anybody else on for this sunday meet-up at 3 pm (pacific cafe, raffles link)?

Pls let me know by Thursday.

So far we have:

-SusanY (and hubby)
-Bblove
-Celtricia
-Myself (and hubby)
 
Hi all,

I'm back!! Been "disappearing" for quite a while from this thread... glad to know many ladies here already start sharing their baby gender....

Well, I had done my detailed scan as well, and I'm gonna have a prince....
bounce.gif


Dili-mummy - Plse help to update the chart for me, and also I will be changing my delivery hospital to TMC instead of MAH. Thankful to your faithfully updates...

Coral - Sorry to hear about your postings, do remains strong, god is with you and he will have plans for you as well as everyone here... leave everything to HIM and trust in him... Have faith..

Read about some of the ladies are meeting up this Sunday... fyi, the Pacific Cafe in Raffles Link has been closed down, currently it's under renovation to another cafe - Galere... Perhaps you ladies might want to think of other places? Just a thought though.....
happy.gif
 
hi gals, will every MTB do a detailed scan? It's suggested by your doctor or you request for it? I'm asking cuz my doctor didnt mention anything about it and his nurses tell me that if he didnt mention, means I dont have to do. I'm already in my 21 weeks. How much is it usually?
 
Meixue - detailed scan is an optional .. so, it's an additional charges on top of the gynae consultation package.

Woofy, thanks for the update, r u joining us? .. Aprilpinky - guess, we've to change venue then ..

Natalie - sorry to hear about your discomfort feeling .. hope you are feeling better.

Venus, bet u must have done a lot of shopping huh .. if I knew earlier my BB gender when I went to TW 2 months ago, I would have buy a lot of stuffs for my princess ..
 
Woofy, thanks for updating. I just went 2 weeks ago leh. I'm aware the one inside the raffles link seemed to be undergoing some change but I'm talking abt the one outside just below the bridge of the link between raffles link and marina sq.

So would u be joining us? Anybody else? Meixue? If really close, we meet first then go somewhere else. Suntec has many cafes also.

Meixue, I read that detailed scan is crucial for every pregnancy. It has been suggested by my gynae as part of normal procedure cuz it's non-invasive like NT scan. I paid abt $180 in all for both NT and detailed as a package.
 
I also thought detailed scan is crucial and that every MTB will go for it. I don't know why my doctor didnt mention it to me, though I'm already in my 21 weeks. Hope he's not incompetent or something =(

Hi Aprilpinky, thanks for asking, but usually I spend Sundays with my hubby (er ren shi jie :p)cuz weekdays don't really get to interact with him. you gals enjoy yourselves!=)
 
hi susan..

bought some nice clothes for my boi and a toy..too little time to shop cos i am always resting..

Aprilpinky, sorry i cannot make it this sun..
 
Nik, i still don't know bbs' gender yet..my detailed scan at TMC will be on 29/7. By then should know.

I also hope that i can carry to as near due date as possible. Doc said as long as pass week 35, should be safe for bbs. so i guess i will stay at home start from week 30.

I am going for a short trip to Bangkok next weekend. A little bit worry about taking flights...but doc said still can travel before 6 months...Now still don't know boy or girl, so cannot buy baby clothes...maybe get some white, light green, yellow color...actually i really don't know where to start.
 



Back
Top