(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Hi meixue,

Would advise you against buying those 2-in-1 playpen/cot type, with bassinet. Reason being these designs can usually only sustain the baby's weight till about 6 months. The bassinet is usually fastened using those heavy duty industrial buttons or just a hook on design. After which you may also need to buy a proper bed/cot. Go take a look, thos baby cots which can transform into children's bed is getting cheaper. Worth investing one time cos can use for a longer time.


As for my little girl, she was sleeping in the 2-in-1 playpen/cot type, with bassinet during the initial months too. After which we put her into a hand me down baby cot, she hated it cos the way she turns is horrible and will knock herself against the wooden sides all night!!! So guess what we did?? Mummy, daddy and baby all sleep on the floor (but seperate beds lah)!! No worries about rolling off the bed or knocking against railings.
 


Venus / Dili_mummy
Thanks for the link. Will call KKH to find out more abt the class.

Venus
You mean that we can take normal aqua class. I'm also worried that if I take the pre-natal aqua class, it might be too low intesity and boring.

Dili_mummy
Are you still taking the aqua class at KKH? How is it? Is it very low intensity?
 
Dili-mummy,
I heard that preggie better don't take ginseng and also other related ginseng.

Ah Fat, Are you referring to those "Brands bottled essence of chicken"? My FIL bought 3 boxes for me to consume.
 
Oh, it's so confusing.Some say preggie should eat lots of bu some say may affect bb. Think I'll try my best to eat balance diet to ensure bb got all nutrients. The rest prob eat in moderation. Used to eat alot of bird's nest b4 preg now got to tahan and not eat too much leh.

Tmrw detail scanning, so excited.
 
What I have been hearing is that birds' nest is not bu. It is just for baby's skin..and also our skin. Ginseng - is bu..so not recommended to take too much.

But i agree - everything in moderation.

Coral - good luck. Hope baby will cooperate!
happy.gif
 
Coral, My gynae show me a newpaper report on the side effects of ginseng. It's better to avoid. Normally we take pao sheng with red dates and double boil with chicken.
 
Hi all
For info, Spring Maternity at the Aracde will be closed by next Friday. So, must go down by next week if you wanna buy anything from that branch.
 
Mmmn, eat bu also headaches, I think i shall cut down on my ginseng intake. My MIL double-boiled kaoli sheng for me once every week too. As for bird's nest, till now, i consumed 3 times only (twice in the 1st trimester). I was thinking to buy the Lo Hang Ka one or cook myself(actually i'm too lazy lah). Heard tat bird's nest should be taken on empty stomach everyday(1 teaspoon will do). The effect is better than taking it once a week.

Ah fat, ya lor, u r a singapore gal lei, how can ur skin be bad one. Got chicken feet also not bad wat, slim slim, like mine, elephant legs, so ugly.
 
Thanks Berlin. Actually I never take any bu stuff. Only chicken that my mum steam to extract the essence...So I guess should be fine. I avoided herbs and medicine as much as I can.
 
Hello All,

Shd we have an outing soon after talking so long here and all of us shd have some tummy showing by now so it wld be fun to meet up!
happy.gif


I was think Sunday afternoon tea might be good cuz all of us wld not be working. We can meet at some cafe to have hot milk or fruit juices etc and chitchat there. I know the Pacific cafe (opp marina square, just below the bridge that one) quite cosy and not v crowded, can meet there or if u gals have any other alternatives also can.

Ladies, are you all on for the meet up say next Sunday at abt 3-4 pm?

I heard ginseng got 3 types: China one is the best cuz it's wen1 not liang2 or re4. I cant rem whether it's gao li ginseng (korea) or hua qi shen (US) that is liang or re but they belong to one of the categories. I bought the gao li ginseng when I visited Korea last yr but guess will eat it after delivery.
 
Dilli_mummy,

Thanks for the update! :D
Read from the chart that you're having a baby girl, Congrats! :D

Arpilpinky,

I'm keen on the meet up, we can share experience & at the same time get to know each other better.
 
berlin:
my auntie bought me one that is brands one......
BUT, the one i really really like is YU REN SEN one.....
the bird nest one piece one piece....
so NICE.....

Nik:
Aiyou..... chicken skin on my legs mah.....
covered my kebaya mah....

I heard from my auntie that gao li sen is good.....
as it "warms" up the womb.....
 
<font color="aa00aa">Berlin,</font>
I also heard of that. But my MIL bought it from a renowned chinatown med hall and the dosage was pre-packed for one-time use. I kiasu... took the pack to ask another medicinal hall, and they said the contents were fine. And so I've been taking it... so far so good leh. I think moderation is the key lah...
 
<font color="aa00aa">Krissie,</font>
I'm not taking aqua class from KKH. I was planning to take the SSC class from another swimming pool from Venus... time and venue was good for me, but I called the instructor and she didn't seem confident, so I didn't take it up in the end.
 
<font color="aa00aa">SusanY,</font>
You might have felt it but don't know how to differentiate between gas and movement???
There's a link that teaches you how to feel it easier... but I forgot... can someone help? I think it goes like this...
1) Look for a very quiet place and time. E.g. before bed, air-conditioned room...
2) Lie down flat on your tummy
3) Take a drink of fizzy frink or something sugary
4) You should be able to feel at least some gas bubbles moving around?

Mine at wk 16 felt like gas bubbles... and like there's a very weak electric wave moving in the tummy.

Everyone feels it differently... and at different times too. Don't worry, you'll start feeling it soon!
 
Hi fellow MTBs
These days I find it really hard to have a good night's rest. Been tossing and turning in bed since around 3am and since HB has NDP rehearsal, so got to get up at 4.30am to help prepare brekkie.Mind's just so alert at night ;0

Seeing the chart being updated with the babies' gender makes me look forward to my detailed scan. Really counting down the number of days before I get my detailed scan done next fri. Been having brownish stains since the beginning but the doc says it's ok as long as it's not getting to the reddish tinge. So now praying hard that my little one is hale and healthy.

Ah Fat- Our EDD is quite close by so we might even deliver on the same day at KKH. Who's yr doc by the way? Mine's Dr Kenneth Wong.
 
SusanY, don't worry, your bb might be a little more gentle than the rest. And if your scan show bb to be fine, then wait a while longer when bb gets bigger it's easier to feel. I read somewhere that first time mum are less discerning of bb's movement thus your bb might hv been moving but you didn't realise or you might be too active and thus didnt notice. Soon you'll feel the magic!

Aprilpinky, I can't sleep well too. But I think I usually fall asleep by 2am, but I usually wake up around 6+am... Your hb also with SAF?

I'm going for scan at 1030am. BB seem to be excited too. Whole morn wiggling in my tummy. Can't wait to hug bb!
 
April:
I toss and turn alot in bed as well.....
Sometimes I have to pee pee 4 times at night....
So I usually go to work looking like ZOMBIE.....
Got so put lotsa make up tp cover.......
(",)Next doctor's appointment is on the 11 July....
My doctor is Dr Chong
 
Same here!! Sleep has not been good these few days..and I think it will not be getting better.
sad.gif
They say that it is nature's way of preparing for the sleepness nights ahead after baby is borned.

Last night, I had a really sharp pain in the lower abdomen area..feels like cramps. Has anyone experienced it before? I am not sure if it is normal, first time having the pain. Went away after I kept still for about 10 min. Hope it does not come back.
 
Okie doke... seems like most of us feel the same way. Yup body clock seems to work the reverse way. Night time- wide awake. Day time- sleepy and lethargic. Perhaps our body is really training us for the road ahead.
Coral- Yup my HB is with the SAF. So have to work his weekends through for the NDP preps and rehearsals. Most weekend nights when there's NDP prac, he comes home past midnight. Yours too?

Ah Fat- Read that Dr Chong is good from the entries posted. 11 July appt should be for the detailed scan right? Mine's on 15 July. Have to be present 1 hr earlier than appt time for the detailed scan.
 
Good morning ladies,

Anybody else "on" for the outing next Sunday besides bblove? I guess impossible to get every1 to come but if say at least 5 or 6 of us can come together and have a mini gathering would be quite fun also.

It's 3-4 pm at the pacific cafe (raffles link, opp marina sq, below the bridge that one). Let me know by next Thur so that we can decide whether to go ahead with the meet-up.

I posted the below before on how to feel bb's movement, reproducing it for convenience:

"-Lay down and be still
-Drink something with sugar and/or fizz (Sprite, orange juice, etc.)
-Lay on your stomach
-For an older baby lay briefly on your back (no more than 5 minutes)
-Play music to your belly "

Susan, have a try. I read from a thread here some only felt in their 24th weeks. So it's individual. Dont worry.
happy.gif
 
Dili_mummy
Thanks. You mean the instructor is not confident of preg women in the class? Hmmm.. maybe I go surf the net again to see if I can find other aqua class. KKH's timing is not very good for me.
 
chin &amp; ah fat,

Pass two days I can't sleep well too. A bit uneasy here &amp; there on my tummy, guess it's the baby's movement.
 
Hi ladies,
Just had my detailed scanning yesterday. Lucky for me, it only took the sonographer 30 mins to take down all the necessary measurements. And we are going to have a boy!
 
April: i think dr. chong is alright.....
pretty light hearted guy.....
dunno if it is a detailed scan.....
WHAT do they scan for in a DETAILED scan??
*puzzled*
 
Congrats, Ju..

Aprilpinky - sorry, can not make it..not in Singapore until August.

ah FAT - detailed scan includes checking visually for baby's internal organs (like heart, lungs, kidney, etc etc), taking measurements of the baby, checking gender, mummy's uterine functions and position of the placenta. Overall, if the baby is in the right position, it should take about 30min. The objective is to ensure that baby is growing well, without any abnormalities. The measurements taken are also used to estimate the weight of the baby.

Good Morning, ladies. Baby has been kicking me so hard - that I had to wake up this early on a Sunday!!
 
Had my detailed scan yday. Saw our son, he was wiggling his toe and turning his head. We're so glad to see him after 2wks.
However, we hv been advise to terminate my pregnancy as we found something very wrong with him during the scan. We went for a second opinion and it was the same. Well, we're not going to make such a decision so hastily, so over the next week we'll probably be doing a lot more test before we determine our next step.
We're learning to accept what the doctors hv said but we're still hoping for miracle. No matter what what son has survived a tough struggle with us since March. And he made it, he's climb up, I'm no longer having a low lying placenta. But if the test really show that he has to go we'll follow his wishes...Anyway, over teh past few months he might have been communicating to us via all the symtop of threaten abortion. My worry is, if my son is suffering in me now. I really hope he's not in pain now. Hence, I'll try to do all tests as early as possible just in case his suffering more than mun n dad in there.

Dilimummy, could you still help to update my son on the list? ALthough he may not makie it to this world, he has been part of this thread and I hope he can be reflected on the list too.

Dear MTBs, I may not hv the fortune and courage to come visit this thread again, and this may be my last post (unless miracle happens). So boy boy and I would likie to take this chance to thank you for your advices, encouragement and support over this period of time. I'll miss the chat here. And I'd like to wish all of you a smooth delivery and healthy bbs. GUess I'm not going to experience the same joy as you when you see your bb(s) after delivery. But do not feel sorry for me, for whatever decision I'm going to make it'll be the best for my son and there should be no regrets. The only regret is I won't be able to hold him in my arms. The consolation is I dreamt of him twice earlier on in my pregnancy and I was holding and feeding him. Hb also dreamt of bathing him before. We cherish this experience. And my son live in our hearts forever.

Love you all, take care.
 
Coral - whether you get to read this or not, I am really so sorry to hear/read about this. Brings tears to my eyes.. I hope somehow, the doctors made a mistake. Whatever decision that you and your huband make, rest assured that we are behind you. Take care always.
 
Coral
It is with a heavy heart that I write. As Chin says we'll be supportive of whatever decision you have to make. We'll miss you and will uphold you, yr hb and bb in prayers.

God Bless u
 
Coral,
My heart plunged after reading what youre going thru. Hope a miracle really happens for you and bb! Stay strong! Take gd care...
 
Coral.. i noe its a hard decision to make.. but if its for the best of u n baby, we will support u no matter wat.. Will always keep u n ur baby boy in my prayers.. take gd care of urself..
 
Hi SusanY,
Im in my 18th wk &amp; not sure if I felt any kicks, or if its just wind in the stomach. I felt some knocks on my hand placed on my tummy two nights ago. Cant tell for sure if its from bb.
Read from babycenter website that the first kicks are usually felt during 18-22 wks, esp for first-time mums. Slim mums would have felt it even earlier. Maybe my tummy skin is too thick? hahaa
Oh, and if the position of the placenta is in front, then it would have cushioned some of the kicks &amp; thus you won't feel it. Maybe you can check with your gynae to be assured.
 
Hello all,

Good morning...quite a sad morning after reading the posts.

coral, be strong and try again soon if u must really let ur son go. We will all support u.

Ladies, pls let me if any1 else still interested in the meet-up. Suddenly feel v down..
 
<font color="aa00aa">Coral,</font>
Your son is a part of our thread and no matter what happens, he'll stay with us. Be strong. Godspeed our love to all 3 of you.
 
<font color="aa00aa">Aprilpinky,</font>
Sorry forgot to reply you! I can't make it next week... my in-laws are flying in next weekend, and I'm spending the whole sunday with them. Hope the meeting comes thru this time ;)
 
Ladies, thanks for replying.

Ah Fat, 6 pm would be too late for tea leh. hehe. I will see what others say then fix the time.

So now we have celtricia, bblove and myself for the tea session at 3 pm next sunday (17/7). Anybody else?

Dili, it's ok, yup hopefully the meeting comes thru this time round and many more to come.
 
Coral, my heart goes out to you and your family. Do take care and come by and chit chat
happy.gif
We're still friends and will still support you.
 
Sorry ladies, I can't make it to the gathering on sunday as have another engagement already. Do enjoy yrselves and post the interesting discussions up k?
 
Coral - really sorry to know what is happening but be strong and sure that would be a miracle for you and your family.

Aprilpinky, Dili_Mummy, Coral &amp; Joyful - thank you so much for your comfort advices. Joyful, like what u've said, my placenta is infront and though tummy is considered small but I'm always on the bigger size, thus I guess till now, I still couldn't feel the movement.
Perhaps I should try the tips by drinking fizzy, lay down flat, stay in a quiet room &amp; play soft music ..

I have very frequent urination - a major trouble and it's so hard to control as whenever I sneeze, urine also came out at the same time - sigh sigh sigh
 
Coral

I am from the Dec thread and I do read this thread often to pick up some tips. I am very sorry to hear what has to happen to you &amp; your baby. Please be strong and I hope a miracle will happen soon for your baby.
 


Good morning...coral, continue to be strong and do talk to us again when u r ready to do so.

Susan, interested to join us this Sunday? How abt the others? Let me know soon. Currently, only 3 of us (Cetricia, BBlove and myself) can make it. If response no good then have to call off.
 

Back
Top