(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

hi everyone,

i was in the earlier thread for oct mums..my edd is nov 3...so probably better to join u all here..can share similar experiences.

morraine - nice to see you here!

i am also suffering from no appetite..and sudden hunger pangs...my friends told me that we should space out the meals into more small meals, and not have 3 heavy meals. i am trying that - it seems to help.

chin

i just went for my checkup and can see bb's heartbeat. so cute! looks like a peanut and it's blinking on the screen. so exciting!

Welcome Chin!
my appetite is ok and bb will strike for hunger if i dont eat. i will feel nausea if i dont eat. i wish i could space out the meals too but very inconvenient esp if working. we have to stock up food and our boss will see us munching every min. not very nice. any good solutions? plus my bb got extremely "expensive" appetite. i dun like to eat biscuits or bread. when i am hungry i must eat solid food. real food, i mean. so how to tell my boss ermmm.....i need to go coffeeshop eat ah.

How about packing some food into microwaveable containers? If you have a microwave oven at work, can also heat up when u feeling like eating...

I can understand with not wanting biscuits / bread..me too!. At first, I was trying to munch on raisins, biscuits..but I got bored very fast..so I brought cereal + milk to work..ok for a while till I got bored..
happy.gif
Suppose u just have to tell your boss.

Do u get an acidic feeling / sour taste in the month when u do not eat often enough? I do..think gastric juices lah..

I know..I saw the baby's heartbeat as well. So excited then...That was when I went for a check up at day 42 (so 6 weeks plus). The doc said that the baby (then) was 7mm...not sure if this is normal..but it seems so tiny!!

(",) well, i went to kkh today and ask about the cramps....
the doctor did a ultrasound check on me and told me that she can see nothing but a waterbag,
she says that she is worried that my cramps could be due to pregnancy in the tube or something like that.....
took blood test and ask me to report back on monday for another blood test..... hopfully if the hormons rises then i'll be saved!!
BUT, I'll be flying off to Zurich today..... so got to see doc on the 31/03.....
I am praying for the safty of myself and the baby.....
Talk to ya soon......

Happy Mum,
You can try what Chin said. I didn't do it on weekdays cos it's quite impossible for me to get time off during tea break times. But during dinner and weekends, I separate my usual portions into two, I'll eat the 2nd half at about 10pm. Then a glass of milk before I sleep.
How about taking fruits, yoghurt, a variety of sandwiches (with different bread/fillings) and take those for snacks? I think to prevent "getting bored", we should try a variety.

Ah Fat,
Pregnancy in the tube is called ectopic pregnancy, and it's dangerous. I know it's impossible to ask you not to worry. I'd say we should wait for the doctor to do further tests.
Good Luck to you! Will be praying for you. Do update us.

Ah Fat, don't worry! Initially, my gynae also cant see anything and I also tot of ectopic. I was so so so so worried. But my gynae was very positive and cool about it and told me not to worry. At week 5 plus, he saw a water bag lookalike and he is 90% sure that bb is in the womb. Then at week 6, the water bag grows bigger and i feel more relieved. And now at week 7, I can see the bb and his heartbeat. So, dont worry so much, it will not help. Maybe it is too early to tell. To be honest, only 0.5% of chance that ectopic will occur. I guess it is up to the gynae's mindset. I actually wanted my gynae to do a blood test for me but he said not necessary cos it is still normal at my stage that i cant see the bb. I believe your gynae is more of the cautious and "better to be safe" kind of mindset, that's why he feels better to take a blood test to check. And of cos this in turn makes you worry. YOU MUST BE POSITIVE then bb will be confident of MUMMY too.

Dili mum and Chin,
Thanks for your advice. I will try your method. It's good that we share ideas!!!!

I dont have sour taste but my tastebud is very bland. Now slightly better.

Bblove,
yes, our EDDs are very close! Have you been to the doctor's yet? What did she say?

Ah Fat,
Is your menses usually regular? cos if it's not, perhaps the conception date is later than what the doctor predicted... i.e. baby is younger than 7 weeks, that might be the reason why he was only able to detect the waterbag. Don't worry, and please stay positive.

Ladies,
Anyone of you suffering from insomnia!?! I get sooo exhausted physically, but I can't sleep at night even though I don't take naps! I'm getting by with about 3hours of sleep every night (it's been like this for the whole long weekend!) And I've got sleeping pills but don't dare to take them...

H Dili Mummy

I can sleep like a log.. always have to fight very hard against the sleepy monster in office.

I can still yawn and yawn even with 12 hours sleep.. u should try to sleep.. how abt play some nice music?
Recently bought this Mozart classical cd for mum-to-be.. it is to calm down mummies and babies.. quite nice actually..... I'm someone who like trance music so can u imagine me listening to Mozart now?? heehee...

Just went to see my gynae on Sat, my baby is now 1.39cm (8th week liao).. still so small.....
happy.gif

Dili_mummy,

I take naps on wkends afternoon & still can sleep very well at night.

The idea of what numee mentioned is cool, perhaps you can try that too?

Hi all,

Went to see doc on Saturday and saw my little precious. Already 1.5cm (8th week).

My little girl was so excited over what she saw and kept repeating to me what the doctor said!! No eating pineaples and coconuts. No lifting of heavy objects. Hahaha.....!!

I feel terrible as I am almost ALWAYS hungry! I get hungry like every 2 hours but I just need to eat a little to start feeling full. So you can imagine in the office, colleagues and boss is always hearing me complain that I am hungry and no food!!

Hi,
i'm new to this thread.
My EDD is on the 3rd Nov. But till now, havent detect my BB's heartbeat. Do u all think something very wrong here? i'll be seeing my gynae 2moro. if still no heartbeat, maybe the fetus is not formed at all. if that is so, my gynae will then have to wash me up.

mickey ~ not to worry lar.. the first time u went to the gynae was how many weeks? too small cannot detect heartbeat is normal wan..

tmr shld b able to hear liaoz~

1st time on the 14th Mar (measured 7mm)
2nd time : 22nd Mar (measured 9mm)

gynae said the growth is TOO slow.
it will be a very unhealthy pregnancy

so rite now dunno wat to do
can't continue waiting, rite ?

1st time on the 14th Mar (measured 7mm)
2nd time : 22nd Mar (measured 9mm)

gynae said the growth is TOO slow.
it will be a very unhealthy pregnancy

so rite now dunno wat to do
can't continue waiting, rite ?

orh ~ dun worry first.. it wil not help either..

since ur check up is tmr den u shall see how lor.. see wat the gynae says this time round..

Hi Mickey, Did the gynae measure the gestational sac as well (should be 2 or 3 times the size of the foetus)

Who is your gynae?

Was there a reason you were asked to go for checkup on 22nd March so soon after your previous checkup? Did the doctor already suspect something on 14th March? Or do you have a history of miscarriage?

must be pretty worrying, but try not to be anxious. imagine in our mothers' time there were no scans, you just let nature take its course. If the foetus isn't growing, it should result in spotting or somehow resolve itself. I think it's still early to measure the foetus accurately and certainly worrying triggers hormones that negatively affect the foetus.

Let us know what the gynae measured & concluded. Meanwhile trust that you will have strength to pull through

i visited 2 gynae
the 1st one is Lawrence Ang (@ sun plaza). very crowded, so i went to another gynae.

2nd one : Douglas Ong @ Bukit Panjang. Refer by my hubby's cousin

heya ladies,

my EDD is 21st Nov, only went to c a GP to confirm my pregnancy last week.. i'm in my 6 weeks of pregnancy liao if i'm nt wrong..seems like most of u haf gone to visit a gynae.. is there a nid to c one so soon?

Celtricia,
Welcome! I'm seeing a gynae at Week 7 (appt next tues). There's no need to see a gynae so soon if there's no bleeding or unbearble pain.

Our MTB list is growing! Already 14 of us! Hope more MTBs come in! I'm trying to get CL to help me put the list up on display cos I'm hopeless with computer! Give me some time and the list will be up sooooooon!

welcome ~ Celtricia! Oh well.. if u can visit one soon den y not rite?

if not den oso rem to get some dosage on folic acid n start taking it everyday..

Hiya ladies,

Went to gynae yesterday and was given the go ahead to travel and also consume my cough mixture I brought from GP in SG. Phew.

Had fun yesterday as we did the scan and saw the heartbeat, sac and all the fun, jazzy stuff
happy.gif
Thank God everything is doing ok so far, and now since there is a heartbeat, the gynae says chances of miscarriage has dropped from 1:5 to 1:25. Really Praise God for this development.

Cubbie is 28 mm in length now, I thought it was small initially until I looked around and saw others at 7 weeks is only 8-18 mm. Eeks! I think cubbie has my husband's genes
happy.gif

Next check up will be second week of May to do the nuchel test.

I've been trying to be good about applying olive oil to decrease stretch marks. Read that cocoa butter helps too
happy.gif

Hi bblove..

thankz... u gg to c a gynae tis wed ah.. hmmm.. thankz for the link u gave me.. will go check it out..

hi dili_mummy.. oic.. i've got no pain or bleeding lah.. juz no appetite.. whh is areadi killing me.. hahahaha.. hope everything will b well soon..

eloz morraine.. my mum says no such nid to c one so early.. dat's y i'm pondering as to whether i should or not.. anyway, my GP areadi gave me some folic acid to take during my visit to confirm my pregnancy.. =) thanks for ur concern..

thank you for all your support......
yeah, I am remaining pretty positive.....
Up to date, Still no bleeding,
*ahem* so good sign loh.....
Coming back to Singapore today.....
I will talk to you gals again after I get better confirmation from the doctor....
Take care and stay healthy till then....

ah fat ~ dun worry ~ we will all be here for u!

waiting for ur good news!

celtricia ~ den u meanwhile take care of urself wor!

hi furryfurry,
u must have been 6wks 4 days yest. did the gynae say it was the length of the gestational sac or length of the foetus.
At 6.5 wks I'd say 28mm was the sac whereas the foetus would be about as u said 8-18mm.

hi ah fat,
did u finally get a positive on the urine preggie test kit with your family doctor?

Hi TF,
It was definitely the fetus
happy.gif
Sac was much larger
happy.gif
He made sure I knew what I was seeing and even gave me a "mini-test"
happy.gif
You sound very confident about your pregnancy...guess you must be in the medical field yourself?

bblove, don't worry, I'm sure everything will turn out great
happy.gif

Hi gals,

Had went for my checkup yesterday, and finally able to hear my baby's heartbeat. So happy...
happy.gif

My EDD will be 14 Nov.

Hi Mickey,
Don't worry too much, stay positive. Maybe you should change another gynae to have a check again.

morraine~~ will take gd care of myself.. thanks.. esp wif hubby able to do all the hsehold chores.. hehhe..

hi bblove... no.. i've yet to get myself a gynae.. as my GP says if require she can recommend me.. but i told her i dun nid one so soon.. heh..

Bblove,
I'm sure you're so excited about your doctor's visit tmr! Keep us updated!

Furryfurry,
Is rubbing olive oil really able to prevent stretchmarks? Kn*fe brand oil can? kekekeke... won't it be oily and what if it stains your blouse? Yikes! Does it happen???
So glad your cubbie's doin' well!

Ah Fat,
Have a safe trip home! Keep us posted!

Mickey - do take care, and let us know when you have some news. I think for peace of mind, like the others suggested, u shld seek another gynae's opinion..

I am wondering - what is the interval normally between the first gynae appointment and the second one normally? and what normally does the second appointment entail? i saw the gynae on mar 14 when i was 7 weeks..my next appointment is on apr 22..i was told that this is to do an ultra scan to measure thickness of baby neck skin to see possibility of Down's Syndrome..

Would like to know the norm since I am now in China..have to see gynae here lor...no choice.

Chin,
got this from a website...

"Your doctor may schedule your visits monthly during the first two trimesters (from week one to week 28 of pregnancy), every two weeks from 28 to week 36 of pregnancy and weekly after week 36 (until the day of delivery that could be between week 38 and 40 weeks)"

Wow wow, so happening here! Didnt log on for 2 days and there is so much to read.

How's everybody's progress?

Aiyo, past 2 days, I have been so paranoid whether bb will be affected by my work stress and late meals. Guess I have to stay stressless and happy otherwise Bb can actually feel my anxiety.

My stomach is bulging and I can hardly walk straight up cos when I stand up straight, I can feel my stomach being stretched, like as if it will burst. This is really uncomfortable. I cant sleep well at night becos of the tightness. Still experiencing the strecthing pain here and there. Anyone of you having the same problem?

Morning all!
chin, Which part of China are you at? I'm in China too
happy.gif
HAHA scarly same province!! then we can go same doctor!! wooooo hooo!

My last visit was at 7 weeks, and next will be first or 2nd week of May to do the nuchel test (measuring neck thickness for DS). I think that as long as doc is confident that all is going well, the interval should be fine
happy.gif
I believe you are probably also using an American-type of doctor where they are more "relaxed"...

Celtricia, maybe you can start your gynae search from either word of mouth (relatives/friends) or from the hospital you will like to deliever at? Since gynaes only work with 1-2 hospitals anyway.

Bblove, hope u come in soon to update us on your progress!

Happymom, are you still able to wear your pre maternity clothes? I'm so hoping that they will last me longer!

Dili Mom,
Preggie books say cremes and oils don't help leh...I was reading the Dr Sears one last night. But I surfed the net and also my husband's colleagues' wives told me they swear by olive oil. Its not very oily, I just get those from supermarket and just rub it over before I dress for work and after my shower at night. Read that cocoa butter is very good too, I believe Watsons or Guardian has them but since I don't have access to that, no choice! Olive oil will have to do!

Anyone's blood pressure is low? My last checkup b.p was only 105/50 but the nurse said it was normal. I thought that was a bit on the low side. Wierd.

Ok, back to work..hope more people yak today
happy.gif

Back