(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Hi kelly,
Ha! thought I was the only one.
my tummy is sticking like a mile out! so ugly.
I've been eating like a pig - hungry so constantly! so worried i won't be able to lose the extra fats in future.
Imagine the rude shock I got when the doctor's scales showed 2kg more than my home scales! aaargh

what week are u in?

hi Kelly, Tidy Fairy,

So fast your tummy is showing. My tummy only gets bigger after meals and after that it will "flatten" with a little bit bulging. However I do notice my jeans are getting tight though I didnt put on lots of weight - only 2 kg so far.

but today I am having a funny taste in my mouth that tempts me to eat something sweet or with strong taste to kick that tasteless in my mouth.

I also been eating more meals in a day cos I take smaller quantities now.

hmm.. so glad you all are in the "same shoes"..heehehee

I keep thinking what to eat for breakfast, what to eat for lunch n dinner.. oh yes.. snack snack and snack... then again.... they are taste so blend now...

My sis told me that if you eat rojak in your trimester, u would be able to know the gender of your bb. If it tastes sweet then it's a gal, if it tastes sour then it's a boy.. i tried. Guess what, it just tasted blend lor.... haiz....

Anyone of you feeling any nausea and/or vomitting? I got this very funny feeling last night (in bed)... a very tight chest... and I had to alleviate it by gagging!

I'm compiling a list for us. Hopefully the list will add on and we'll have more ladies here! Please see what you would like to add and let me know!<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
Nov 2005 MTB List
Nov 2005 MTB List.doc (40.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Hi Dili_mummy,

I dun feel any nausea or vomitting, however at times I felt a bit bloating. Dunno if this is norm.

Oh, by the way, my EDD will be on 23 Nov

Pls kindly add me in the list. Gald to be part of the family.

262503.png

bblove,
updated!

Sigh... I was soooo tired just now at 1030pm so I went to bed (usually don't sleep till 1am). Woke up at 1230am... and I'm still here! The pain in my lower ab is also stopping me from sleeping... arghhhh... count sheep...

Hi everyone,
Didn't log in for few days and the thread is getting longer.

Welcome all newcomers... Thanks Dili_Mummy for compiling the list of MTBs. Appreciated.
My next appt. will be next Monday, and hopefully I can get my EDD as well as my baby heartbeat... can't wait now... so excited..
happy.gif
Will keep you updated in the list.

hi ladies ~ was on mC yesterday so did not come in...

hows everyone?

wah.. welcome to all the new family members~ congrats~

hi bblove ~ yeap ~ me oso in FBO.. do u frequent tare? nick?

worried mum ~ see lar.. we already told u sure ok wan mah ~ hee hee

morraine,

saw your nick while reading the theads.. can only read can't post, register liao, still waiting for A/C to be activated. so many days liao. Hiaz.

aiyo, i cant change my username leh. i can only change my full name. why like that?

do you all have cravings lately? i have very blend tastebud past 2 days and I crave for instant noodle or spicy.

Dili mummy, i also didnt sleep well yesterday. i have ligament pain on both sides and I can feel my stomach very tight. i kept waking up my poor hubby. but what to do? it is really uncomfortable. i hope i can soon enjoy my pregnancy.

happy_mum,

perhaps you need to email to the moderator, chin leng to help change it for you?

Yah, me had food craving too, craving for sinful food like ice-cream, mango pudding..
My mun said I should refrain from those "cold" food.

bblove ~ have to wait so long meh? very fast wan leh.. u mite wanna try to register again?

happy mum ~ i change the way i call u laioz.. hee hee.. my taste bud oso jin bland.. i oso ate instant noodles n spicy things.. heck care laioz.. hahaha.. drank coke somemore.. cleber hor.. hahaha

morraine,

I dun why also.. I register on sun leh.. Y'day I register using another nick, also waiting for activation. Hiaz... so long one...
So SB is better loh...

Anyway, have email to the webmaster to ask.

anyone here can share on baby expenses such as

hosp bills (cash to pay after medisave)
baby stuff to buy (pram, cot etc)

i am doing some budgetting so need to know how much cash to set aside. thk!

allo mums

yup. i also crave for spicy food especially tom yum soup .. cannot resist...

Those skirts i used to wear low-waist now have all moved upwards liao...so sad...

Hi Happy Mum,
I like your new nick much better!
Re the budgeting... I have NO IDEA! I think you should go to other threads to seek help... of course come back here and tell us what you found out lah! (spy!)

Food cravings... I don't have yet. But also feel like tastebuds are not there.

I've been having pain in my lower ab... people say it's due to enlarging of the uterus and it's very normal. But when do we start worrying that the pain may mean something else?

hi good morning to all!

Numee, dont ever mention Tom Yam soup again! It makes me drool!!!!! Haha!

But seriously these 2 days I cant eat well. I feel nausea before I eat and even after I ate. So dont enjoy food at all. I just eat for the sake of eating. Plus, the food seems less tasty.

Dili_Mummy,
Yap, I have done some research. I be setting aside total $5000 - $2500 for delivery, $680 for confinement lady (my MIL), the rest foor buying pram, baby cot etc which I believe there will still be some balance for emergency uses. Oh ya, and don't forget all the injections and full month celebration expenses. I have actually written down a list. I will type it in excel format and everyone can help to chip in.

As for the pain you having, I am experiencing too but mine is on the sides and it comes and goes. I am also having backache. Yesterday, I coughed quite hard and I feel a sharp pain at the pelvic. I hope I didnt hurt the baby. But all these are normal due to the enlargement of the uterus to accomodate the growing baby. Why dont you subscribe to babycentre bullentin? They have all the info you want to know and every week they will update you on your progress. I just received a bullentin from them and it is all about backache and pelvic pain and they teach you how to relieve them. Go to babycentre.co.uk to register. Very useful and clear all your doubts.

Thanks Happy Mummy!
I'll subscribe it now!
Also, we'll all wait eagerly for your list!

People say it's no use taking tonic soups now... wait till 2nd trimester then bu. Any comments?

actually my gynae told me not to take any tonic soups at this moment becos you never know what all these herbs can do to the foetus. also try not to take bird nest now cos' it is too "liang" at this stage. anyway the function of the bird nest is more for your baby's complexion so no point take it now.

happy mum ~ cant take bird nest arh??? i start taking already from this week leh.. daily leh.. erm ~ mum say ok wor.. OMG!

morraine, i think it is ok since you have taken. yu very lucky leh. so fast got bird nest to take liao. if i start taking now till full term, i be broke men!

happy mum ~ erm ~ was a gift den my mum oso bought for me lor.. its like those concentrated type den one spoon day n nite nia~

Happy Mum

I was thinking how come ur confinement lady so cheap then saw the bracket (my MIL).. hahaha.. give great discount ya....

i also took bird nest, those pre-packed type lor.. lazy to buy and cook.

I also feel as if i'm fainting because i never eat for days but actually hor, i just ate 1/2 an hour ago.. my bums are starting to reveal that i'm a preggie liao... big and round....

morraine, where can i buy those concentrated bird nest? one spoon a day? like that shiok or not? one spoon for me not enough leh. i very greedy one. i like to eat those bird nest with rock sugar type. preferable cold.

numee, my hubby also notice my bum looks bigger. think he got no interest in me anymore after seeing me so out of shape. just now was packing my wardrobe and realise a lot of bottoms i can wear anymore. i cant zip up. though my tummy is not really showing but think my hips and waistline is expanding. this weekend must go shopping already.

lately i feel very bloated even though i am hungry. interested in food but my tummy don't have the feeling of eating. very jialat.

happy mum ~ mine is from Horse Brand one den the box is golden in colour den inside have 2 bottles den they provide u with one spoon inside oso~

i oso have those bottle types.. put inside fridge ~ shiok!

ladies arh ~wat are the ways to prevent puking huh??? i have this farnie like bland taste at my tongue leh.. haiz.. jin sian

you really make me feel like taking bird nest now!!!! how much is one box like that?

aiyo, yest night i also feel nausea. i couldnt sleep so i put a few pillows to lift up my body when i sleep. feel much better after that. to prevent puking, i think try not to take heavy meals. you get very bloated and yet digestive system is not working as fast as before so the food tends to stay in the stomach.

i also have that bland taste in my mouth so i try to take preserved fruits or drink fruit juice to get rid of that taste

hahahha ~ i dunno leh.. i told u liaoz.. its a gift leh.. u go find out den let me noe oso.. ahhahaha.. follow my description to find the same one hor.. hahaha..

i drank alot of fruit juice but den no use wor.. once i finish drinking den stop liaoz.. haiz.. i hate the taste coz i feel like puking after tat.. i always oso ren...... when wil this stop?????????

Furryfurry...
Don't take too much prune juice. The reason why it makes you poop is cos it's got a lot of sugars! Contrary to popular belief that it's the fibre that's doing the job (it's quite low in fibre) It's a much better way to take in fibre via fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains... and of cos like you said, lots of water. PS: dried fruits (including dried prunes) are also excellent sources of fibre.

Having said all that... it may only alleviate the constipation prob and not solve it... because being pregnant really slows down the digestive system. And unfortunately... the problem will get worse as the baby gets bigger.

Sigh... so... still... CONSTIPATED

('',) my EDD is on the 10 november......
keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well.....
I get strange cramps on my stomach.....
I think I am about 4wks pregnant right now.....
Family doctor say that can only see gyne in 5-6 wk.....
So.... I am waiting loh......
any good advices?

Hi ah fat,

we're almost in the same stage, I'm 5+ wks now. EDD also nov.

If you have stange cramps on your stomach, suggest that you see a Gynae soon.

Have you decided on which Gynae?

Hi bblove,
erm..... think Dr christopher chong from KK.....
anyone better to recommend?
the family doctor says that craming is normal leh.......

Hi Ah Fat!
Congrats! I've added you to our database!
If your EDD is 10 Nov, then you should be about 7 weeks preg now... (because I'm 5weeks and my EDD is 24 Nov)

I just asked my gynae friend, he said very normal as long as it's not worse than your AF pain. It's due to the enlargement of the uterus. He also said panadols (paracetamols) have been shown to be safe during pregnancy. Of course if the pain is like excruciating (in his words) then you need to seek help.

Hi Ah Fat,
We normally count the weeks from last menstrual period, ie. 2 weeks before conception. Your EDD is 1 week after mine, so as Dili said, you should count it as 7 weeks.

You don't have any bleeding do you?

You can go for your 1st check up as late as 12 weeks as earlier than that, the measurement to date the foetus will not be as accurate. 10-14 weeks is most accurate for dating when measuring crown rump length.

Dili, thanks for the tips
happy.gif
gynae says paracetamols are generally ok, but just not more than one a week or something like that...

Ah Fat, as long as no bleeding/spotting, its fine to get to the gynae's at 6 wks or so...

hi ah fat,

I'll be seeing Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ's Women's Clinic in TMC, heard a lot of gd comments abt her.

Back