(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Good afternoon every1...hey thread so quiet..evry1 busy taking care of bbs..

Dili, u still hv Meixue to accompany u (but never hear fr Meixue also)..hehe..dunno who's the last Nov mum..2 more days to go b4 Dec.

Hi ladies,

Yes yes... still here!

Just went to see the doc this morning,
1) "chubby" baby, forgot to ask how heavy liao!
2) Cervix still not ripe! then of cos not even dilated
3) Placenta, waters and heartbeat still good
4) Can afford to wait till Friday... if Friday still inside, will admit and induce then

Meixue hasn't come in for a few days liao, she must have popped!...
sad.gif
I think it's fated... I must be last to deliver to update list for everyone! Most likely mine is Dec baby.

For Quick Reference,

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>22/11/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>22/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>24/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Popped on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD>Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>14/10/05</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.9kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font></TD><TD>2.77kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Naughty</TD><TD>19/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brent Chng</font></TD><TD>2.4kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>21/10/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gareth</font> &amp; <font color="ff0000">Gillian</font></TD><TD>2.1kg &amp; 1.8kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>26/10/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.04kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD>2.99kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sandy Lian</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Lucia Tan</font></TD><TD>3.36kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>29/10/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Nicholas</font></TD><TD>3.1kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>31/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.73kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>02/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darion</font></TD><TD>3.85kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Priscilla</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>17/12/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jadon</font></TD><TD>1.36kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charlynn</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>05/11/05</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Malcolm Wong</font></TD><TD>3.22kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Phoebe</font></TD><TD>3.16kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Misch</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.32kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sibelle</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.72kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amber</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Thaddeus Ting</font></TD><TD>3.42kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Youpi</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.37kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Chia GyAnn</font></TD><TD>3.395kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ziyu</font></TD><TD>2.93kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Lucius Teng</font></TD><TD>4.075kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurblur</TD><TD>? 09/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Batilda Tan</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>10/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Orlando Lee</font></TD><TD>3.4kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.85kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YP Lee</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Maxene</font></TD><TD>2.91kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aloysius</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Calbee</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ting Li</font></TD><TD>3.49kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheyenne Tan</font></TD><TD>2.725kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hiroshi Yoon</font></TD><TD>2.895kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">2 Girls</font></TD><TD>2.6kg &amp; 2.24kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Furryfurry</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rebecca</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>28/11/05</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.58kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi all,

Finally can have time to log on, (baby sleeping now!)

Me on BF, wow, it's a real challenge! encounter some problems, bit will not give up so easily.

Ever wonder how the older generation (grandmas...), they can give birth and work in the fields/farms the next day!?... they can give birth to 10 in a row!?... they never reported problems with BF'g!?

Everytime I see my 2 grandmas... I'll say "how did you manage then!?!"

Dili!!! hhehehehe...well said...u r well chosen to update the table for us..hiaks hiaks..uninterrupted update so far..

Older generation bobian..they dont hv so many birth ctrl mtds like now..my gynae that day introduced us some mtds of birth ctrl and asked us to consider in case 2nd one comes at wrong timing..stressed ok..mostly insert "there" or in the arm.

U take care and rem to update one of us shd u pop!

Hi Dili,

Sorry for not updating you. I have given birth on 13 Nov to a bb gal. Her name is Qizhi. Weighing 3.44kg.

Hi All Mothers,

Wonder if you are having the same problem as me. Been experiencing the same kind of hip, back and thigh pain since pregnancy. I thought after giving birth would be better but still the same, esp when I move my body on the bed. I understand that it is the pelvic bone that was giving the problem. Wondering if anyone is also suffering from it? Should I go physiotheraphy?

Dili:
Thanks for updating the list faithfully...

Sexxy: congrats!!

Manuka:
I also have problem storing more than one bottle of EBM in the fridge.... everytime when I start pumping.... Baby wakes up.... Grr... what should I do?!? Me too has a lump on my left breast... and it is looking much bigger than the right one....

All:
Baby has terrible nappy rash.... a whole patch red red one.... using pureen nappy rash cream at the moment.... any suggestions??

Any good bb's doc to recomend ard poungol, sengkang or hougang area??

Hello ladies...!

Congratulations, Sexxy...Dili_mummy...save the best for last huh??
happy.gif

YP Lee - have not really heard of the pain u are experiencing..have u rested enough since you gave birth? For me, I found that the Malay massage helped me with the mild backpain that I had..due to bad breastfeeding posture..

ah Fat - is the lump on your breast painful? If it is what I had, blocked ducts, I received good advice from the ladies here..massage..hot compress..and the most effective one for me - get your baby to suckle and massage your breast at the same time. Be careful to quickly solve the problem before it gets worse.

Nappy cream - I am using Desitin Creamy (with Aloe Vera + Vit E)..so far so good, though a bit pricey. It is only available at hospitals..I got mine from TMC pharmacy. Myabe you can try this brand..I have only heard good things abt it.

Ah Fat, i'm using mustela vitamin barrier cream. Not to bad also.
There's a PD in Northern Hope (punggol plaza). My sil always go to the pd in Rivervale plaza.

Hi ladies!!

I am one happy mummy today. Went for dim sum lunch with my mum. Brought both my girl and little baby boy along. Followed by shopping at Suntec City only by myself with the kids in tow. So tired now but very satisfied because long long time never go shoping liao lor!!

kelly: thanks! will sms u tomorrow! coz i just came bk from my in laws place.

erm.. ah fat: nappy rash.. try drapolene! its good... and cheap.. i use it daily.. to clear nappy rash.. u try to air ur son's buttock for about 15 mins after bath... and try to use cloth diaper.. keep it dry.. change diapers.. at every 2-3 hours.. if u can, try using pampers premium.. coz it has got an indicator.. tt tells u tt diaper is too full! so.. i hope all this helps! if not, then ya got to buy another more expensive cream called desitin. available at guardian pharm! it over 10 bucks.. have got one.. used it a few times only.. finds it too rich.. only suitable for nasty rash.. or u want?

both my grandmas didnt breastfeed. my dad was fed soya milk becos he was born during world war 2. my MIL didnt breastfeed either but can scold me for not breastfeeding successfully my first boy until hubby was not happy with her comments.

yesterday night have bad contraction pains but today is all mild contractions so still waiting :p

hi, any had c-section? when did u start the post natal massage? i'm into the 3rd week since delivery but tummy still feels 'wobbly'...when i press on it lightly, can feel dull pain...my c-sect scar oso like a bit hard...is 'keloid' the word?

saw some postings abt bb poo-poo...mine doesn't poo everyday oso although on 90% BF...was worried and chked with the PD...was told it is ok, so long as bb doesn't vomit or has hard tummy...

bb appetite has increased...quite stressed whether my milk supply can keep up with it...sigh...
just for info, i read from the books that a lactating breast will not be totally emptied even immediately after feed or pump...

i oso use desitin for nappy rash...prescribed by the PD...seems gd cos bb is happy n comfortable...i gave up using cloth nappies cos raining almost every other day...but he wets his pampers very fast...it's burning a hole in my pocket...btw, pampers premium is gd n absorbent...i was disappointed with mamy poko...

Hi ladies...

Would like to touch on baby poo topic today...my boy has not poo'ed in 48 hours. I am counting the hours..and have been checking his diapers throughout the night...one anxious mama abt her baby's poo. I read somewhere that some babies poo every 2 or 3 days..but that seems to apply for babies who are older..not at 3 weeks old! And breastfed at that! Anyone has similar experience? The last poo before that was 24 hours..sigh.

Nmum - agree with u that Pampers Premium is much better than MamyPoko.

hi chin, according to my PD, it is ok if breast fed bb does not poo everyday, so long as it does not come together with persistent vomiting and hard tummy, or bb appears uncomfortable...this could mean some intestine problem

mine is oso 3 wks old and sometimes does not poo for 24 - 36 hrs...i was worried initially too after reading books that breastfed bb should pass motion average 5 times a day...kept checking his diapers too...just brought him for check up and he had put on weight so i'm assured he is feeding well...

or if u r worried, no harm bringing him to the doc for a check so that u can have the peace of mind...

my MIL actually had a 'remedy' - mix honey with plain water...not sure if anyone might have heard of this or tried before...

Nmum, thanks for the reassurance. My boy is actually eating and sleeping well...no vomitting, just the occasional normal reflux after milk. Checked the tummy..does not appear abnormally hard. And judging by the strain on my arm, I would say that he is putting on weight.. I suppose I could be overly anxious. In any case, I am bringing him for his Hep B jab this Fri - will ask the PD at the same time.

May just try out your MIL remedy later..any type of honey would do??

NMum: haha.. how can ur breasts be totally emptied? if totally emptied.. it means tt there's no milk production!haha... am sure ur ms will keep up with the demand! dun worry!

Good morning ladies.....

My gal got colic..It happens a few evening liao. Yesterday, i switch her feeding bottles to Avent, she has been using NUK. It got slightly better. Hb also bought Dr brown's. Will start using today. So heart pain to see her screaming so much in the evening.

My boy loves to sleep wif us. He refused to be put in the cot (sharing wif his sis). Moreover, they start to wake each other up. Think have to separate them soon.

My bbs still poos alot, 4-5 times a day, though only on 2 feeds of bm everyday. Izzit normal???

Looks like my boy's poo cycle is indeed 48hours. Just poo'ed big time.

Nik - I have also tried the NUK teat on my boy...at first he liked it, then he started choking on it..think the flow is too fast for him cos it is soft, and he sucks very hard. So I went back to the Avent teats (which I thought he was feeding rather slowly)..and now we are happy with the Avent teats. Really have to go by trial and error..

Poo a lot ..shld be ok..expelling toxins from the body. As long as it is not diarhoea.

Good morning ladies,

err..read fr somewhere (cannt rem y though) newborns cannot take honey.

My boy nearly 48 hrs didnt poo some days back then..then hubby told him must poo or else must c PD..hahhaa..then he pooed when he bathed! Stained the towel even *faint*..heard mum said a lot!

Everyday I also use drapolene on boy. Spread on his buttock like cream on a cake..hahahhaa..so far no nappy rash..the desitin cream is good for serious cases but mum didnt like to use cuz she said too dry cannot be washed away the next day when bathing..quite jialart..need to wipe and wipe ..can be painful to bb..

ya..happy w avent bottles so far..phew..

I used to feed boy w water using pigeon bottle..he also choked sometimes..have to insert the flow regulator then things got better. Looks like avent teats are the smallest for NB..

Hi Nmum and Chin

I read on pregnancy books and internet that we should not give baby honey cause there is this something called "bol.." that will cause infection and bb cannot take it....

was trying to look through the books to quote but bb crying for milk now....
happy.gif

hello mummies, i'm happy with Avent teat and bottles, using 2 small and 1 big bottles so far.

talking about poo, I'm worried for my gal as she passed out 'watery-stool', some sort like 'lau-chui', she's on BM &amp; FM all these whiles (used to be semi-solid yellow stool) but this just happened these 2 days. Does anyone having same problem as me?

also, on demand BM, whenever BB suckle, is it normal to feel pain at the nipple &amp; aerola area eventhough bb's mouth fill most of the aerola?

Helloo...

Susan, my boy's stool still quite solid..

No, it's not normal to feel pain. In fact, sometimes boy suckles got a massaging effect and I'm quite comfortable w his suckle. Maybe check and ur positioning..is ur gal close enuff to ur nipple or is she stretching it when suckling?

oops...paisei about the honey...
that's the dilemma with parents and in-laws...they will give advice based on their beliefs and sometimes u don't know whether to listen or not...

Natalie, sorry, didn't see your qn earlier: i am catering from natal essentials... requested no ginger at all 'cos baby had jaundice...

re: baby poop
mine pees and poops with almost every feeding! (am totally breastfeeding) so i have used up A LOT of diapers and wipes!

Dili didn't log in today... Maybe she popping now?? Last day of nov...

My bbs' poo is quite liquid. Sometimes, she passes gas wif some liquid poo too.

How much are u ladies feeding ur bb now? I suspect i overfed my bbs. They are drinking 90-100ml now. I called a friend, Her gal, who is 4 monyhs old, also drinking tis much...Mine is 6 weeks old only.

I find Avent teats a bit too big for my bbs. My boy suck very slowly on it till he falls asleep. My gal leaks her milk while on it. But, yest, i used Avent on her, her colic improved a little. Today, I'm usind Dr Brown, hopefully, it's even better.

Nik, my bb is 3 weeks old. He drinks 90-100ml of EBM, then still wants more! Hubby gave him 100ml of EBM this afternoon while I was having my very belated postnatal massage. Half an hour later, just after the massage ended, he was hungry and screaming and I had to BF for another hour on both breasts before he was satisfied and went to sleep. His paediatrician did tell me that she suspects bb would take about 90ml... but it looks like I've got a greedy guzzler -- who wants more than that! -- on my hands! No surprise that I'm feeding practically ALL the time, and no wonder he's starting to develop a triple chin already!
happy.gif

Hi Everyone,

Just come in to share my good news! I've delivered on 25th Nov to Baby Boy "Jayden"!!! His weight is 2.8kg ... =)

Dili, pls update yr popped list for me, thanks!

Yvonne, congrats, u'd popped early! Jayden looks so cute.

about watery poo, need to bring my gal to the PD liau .. by the way, dunno which Pd I shall go as these r under my company panels:
a)Tim Children Clinic - Mt E
b)Francis Children Clinic - GlenE
c)Thomson Pediatric Clinic - TMC
d)Spore BB &amp; Children Clinic - TMC
Nik, both of your BBs having 'watery/liquid' poo as well?

Anyone here using 'yao-lan'/sarong cradle?

susany: dun get too stressed out by the watery poos! and unwanted comments given by ppl!
my son's on partial bm n FM.. and he had watery poo for days.. partial watery partial a bit semi solid.. and my dear mil commented tt its diarrhea..made me wonder too! but four days after.. i took my son to the pd.. for his hep b 2nd jab.. i asked pd about it.. and he commented tt its normal for bb to have very soft stools.. and even watery! jus make sure tt he is still eating well.. and gaining weight! unless bb is on total FM.. then stools watery.. of course.. tt should raise ur concern!
jus 2 cents worth of advice!

am using the yao lan! works well on him! but initially he resisted it a lot.. hiak hiakk..
now adays..whenever he is up.. fed, pooed, diapers changed but eyes still big big.. i will jus put him in the yao lan.. and he will be asleep in like 15 mins!

Congrats Yvonne
happy.gif

Susan, ur co's welfare so good..I'm seeing Dr Ong from SBC (TMC).
Yup, using the yao lan at times. Boy still wants his cot most of the time except maybe some nites when he gets a little cranky.

Venus, how come it's oily leh? Mine is a little oily cuz mum adds pork ribs to fish bones for better taste.

Congrats Yvonne! Ur Jayden looks like my Orlando.. haahha.. but handsome all the same..
wink.gif

Ladies, regarding abt EBM. Hw do u ladies store them? The timing u ladies used to store n note down on the bottle is the starting time when u express out or after u've finished expressing? Do u ladies store it in the freezer? Or can it b stored in the chiller (2 compartment of a 3 compartment fridge)? Paiseh.. so much qns.. heh.. n any idea if it can b mixed?

april..

i also no idea..thinking if it is the fish bones that make it oily..

i tell mum to add pork ribs next time and c if still oily..

hi naughty..wat's wrong ?

Adel, wat's wrong? Me too feeling disappointed, maybe will be for my whole life.

Cel, u got a pump already? Storing in the fridge has to be used in within 24 hours.

Aprilpinky, dunno if this is considered a company's welfare but I'm buying a monthly insurance for GyAnn at $42.50 (deducting from my payroll) which is also a 50% subsidy from the company. At each visit to the PD, I need to pay a co-pay of $15.

Aprilpinky/Adel, so both of u also using yao-lan ah .. me too but husband against it as PEOPLE COMMENTED that this will affect the bone development but .. it's way too hard to make BB sleep leh, even in the yao-lan, she takes like almost halfl an hour to close her eyes but at least she stay quiet.

About watery poo, I'm not so worried as BB's appetite is normal, but then my MIL will be coming and if she sees this, she'll question me for being 'negligence' .. sigh ..

Susan, i've got a temporary pump.. not mine.. getting it soon.. coz haf to give my son EBM tis days.. if nt he kept wanting to suckle every hr.. non-stop.. so haf to train him.. heh..

naughty
Pasieh &amp; sorry
341982.gif
to bother u, hopefully u r feeling better.

I am from the Dec thread and I read that you are using a yao lan for your BB. Can I ask where did you get the yao lan from? Many thanks in advance
happy.gif

Back