(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Ah fat, supposed to be pump more better. But for my case, if pumping interval too near, ended up same supply leh..just less per pump so I also dunno..I think 3-4 hrs later u can pump again. Especially if breast hard hard..

Ah fat, supposed to be pump more better. But for my case, if pumping interval too near, ended up same supply leh..just less per pump so I also dunno..I think 3-4 hrs later u can pump again. Especially if breast hard hard..

Wah, all of you very good ah. All trying to either TBF or partial breastfeed. I think here only me on total formula since day one!!!

All talking about bb liao...
happy.gif
I'll join soon... happy milking everyone!

Congrats Furry... FINALLY! Can't wait to hear your birth story!

My water level has improved! So no need to induce yet, relieved!

Hi Mummies

Have been latching baby on or pumping out breast milk for boy in the day when I am fully awake and fresh. At night, after 8pm, if I can pump more milk, I will bottle feed baby with breast milk but comes to the middle of the night to the next morning, I will usually give him FM because it is too exhausting to wake up 2-3 hours and have him latched on.

In the day, he will usually suck for 15-20 mins and fall asleep, and wakes up about 1 - 1 and half hour later for feeding again. Was wondering whether he has enuf breast milk?

good for u dili_mummy

aprilpinky: ah... latching on at night definitely reduces milk supply for a bit.. hiak hiak..tts why my breasts feels quite empty when morning comes.. haha..
oh btw.. i will drop by ur house maybe this weekend..
happy.gif

emm: if tts the case.. u have no worries.. u are definitely supplying enough milk for ur bb..
happy.gif
1 and 1 1/2 hours is good!

Half the day gone, so far so good....still got time to pop in here to read the thread....hahahaha

My hb suppose to help me in the middle of the nite, but he's half awake talking dun noe wat nonsense. End up i did all the nite feeds myself. Sometimes a bit blur, dun noe i fed which bb liao. Will catch some nap in the afternoon.

Nik..that's really funny..dun noe which baby u fed...one baby is already draining me...i am really impressed and wondering how u cope w both!!

Hi Naughty

Glad to hear that....worried that baby will not get enough and not grow well cos my MIL kept saying that he is not growing. But infact, we visited baby's doc 1 week ago and from birth, he has gained to 4.5kg (500grams gained within a week before seeing doc). I think my baby looks more like a 2 months baby than a 3 weeks baby. now after 1 week, MIL says maybe must change FM cause baby seems like not growing and that baby kept pass motion. How can she tell?? MIL also says that baby's poo must be more solid than seedy yellowish stools. baby hasnt even taken solid food, where to get solid stools? right?

Tried explaining to her that the stools should look like this, seedy yellowish stools due to breastfeeding....but she seems not convinced. sigh....Isnt it a good sign that baby poo 4-6 times a day? And I think if we keep changing milk powder, it might confuse baby's bowel...won't it be worst?

wahahah... emm: dun get stressed out.... seedy yellowish seedy stools are alright lah.. wat milk formula ya giving bb?

mils...mils... i so love them!!!!!! %^&*$%^*$%^*

Naughty, you are right....hahaha....I am giving baby similac, this is what the hospital gave him, so I continued with it. so far so good, I guess...
happy.gif

By the way, do you send your baby to polyclinic for hap B (according to to the health book). First injection after 1 month. Any good paediatricians to recommend in the West area (Jurong West, Bukit Batok,etc)? Think not going back to Mt E. Too far.

haha.. aprilpinky: with a bb around... i mean younger than 3 months.. a weekend jus implies another day..! but am sure when they turn 3 months old.. it will be better! hiak hiak..

hi ladies...

Dili, u stil around hah....? hehe

nik, u don't know which bb u fed.....! u really super woman to take care 2 manz. how ur maid thingy liao?

i am having alot of white discharge this few days.. like mucus too, how hah?

where's all the mummies? mm.. kinda bored... sigh..

*knock *knock* my son has been kidnapped by my pils.. argrgr... still gotta go fetch him at around 5-6pm.. so sad...no bb to latch on.. so gotta.. pump and pump..

where's all the mummies? mm.. kinda bored... sigh..

*knock *knock* my son has been kidnapped by my pils.. argrgr... still gotta go fetch him at around 5-6pm.. so sad...no bb to latch on.. so gotta.. pump and pump..(jus in case u all dunno adelyee is me)

For Quick Reference,

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>22/11/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>22/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>24/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Popped on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD>Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>14/10/05</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.9kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font></TD><TD>2.77kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Naughty</TD><TD>19/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brent Chng</font></TD><TD>2.4kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>21/10/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gareth</font> &amp; <font color="ff0000">Gillian</font></TD><TD>2.1kg &amp; 1.8kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>26/10/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.04kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD>2.99kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sandy Lian</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Lucia Tan</font></TD><TD>3.36kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>29/10/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Nicholas</font></TD><TD>3.1kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>31/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.73kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>02/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darion</font></TD><TD>3.85kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Priscilla</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>17/12/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jadon</font></TD><TD>1.36kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charlynn</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>05/11/05</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Malcolm Wong</font></TD><TD>3.22kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Phoebe</font></TD><TD>3.16kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Misch</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.32kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sibelle</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.72kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amber</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Thaddeus Ting</font></TD><TD>3.42kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Chia GyAnn</font></TD><TD>3.395kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ziyu</font></TD><TD>2.93kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Lucius Teng</font></TD><TD>4.075kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurblur</TD><TD>? 09/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Batilda Tan</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>10/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Orlando Lee</font></TD><TD>3.4kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.85kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YP Lee</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Maxene</font></TD><TD>2.91kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aloysius</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Calbee</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheyenne Tan</font></TD><TD>2.725kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hiroshi Yoon</font></TD><TD>2.895kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">2 Girls</font></TD><TD>2.6kg &amp; 2.24kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Furryfurry</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rebecca</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<font color="ff0000">Sexxy,</font>
Yah... I'm still here :p
Maybe you give birth before me leh!

I suspect I'm the last Nov MTB around!?Meixue, where are you???

Went to pick up maid today... I can't speak bahasa leh! luckily hubby's bahasa '1/2 pail water'!

<font color="aa00aa">Emm,</font>
Your bb is putting on weight so well... he started out big already, what's your MIL talking about!?! Ignore her lah... just listen to your pd.

Hey ladies.. Dun call me 'supermum' lah... I was thinking on the other day, since i dun like the way my mil handle my bbs, i will have to do everything by myself loh. No matter wat, must 'tong'...Dun noe which one i fed only 'happens' when i half awake in the middle of the nite. Probably i'm a very bo chap mummy. I can put up wif bbs' crying....

Poo: my gal poos alot too. My mil also got the same comments. Poo so much, dun noe izzit ok or not, bb might be cold, tat why poo so much...etc etc.. I also always give the same reply, they fed wif bm, tat why got tis type of watery stools. She dun seems to be convince.

Sexxy, maid, confirm changing liao. But got to wait for another month cos she got to apply passport. My hb really hates my current one. Dun ask me why. I told hb already, if next one can't make it, i will not get another maid. We'll get part-time cleaners. I fed up wif my hb n in-law constant scolding on the maid. No peace in the hse..

hey dili mummy!

seems likr ur EDD is past already! are u excited? i am excited for u! Take good care of yourself and be patient! =p

Btw, anyone let ur newborn bb sleeping on their chest instead on their back? My gal sleep well on her chest, but dun really dare to let her sleep tat way.

Nik,

u can consider letting one bb wear a band (or someth not tight) on the foot as a marker at nite after he/she is fed so that u will not forget.

Poo a lot ok..I read that 6-8 times is fine. My boy poos once a day..always in the middle of the nite...hmm..

So far have not tried letting boy sleep on his chest..

Congrats to Furry2.

Nik, my mom said that I used to sleep on my chest when i was a baby, so she tried to put my gal sleep in that way too but my gal knows how to tilt her head up and move about, so I don't encourage that. By the way, how much you bought your Enfalac A+?

Chinlee, how's the PR application for Darion, I've not applied for my GyAnn. How many times do u have to go to ICA, need to bring baby along?

Those on confinement, do u follow stringly on the pantang rules like no bathing, no touching water, no fan, body must all well covered?

SusanY - I have got the PR done already. Got the entry and re-entry permit on Thurs. Basically, when you submit the application, they need to see the baby (to regularise him, they said)..and they are quite specific abt the photo..so I brought baby to take photo at ICA. Collection is 3 working days later..either parent must collect. For collection, average waiting time is 2 hours..I went at 8am, and I still had to wait until 9..cos they need time to do the Re-entry cert.

Eerr..I broke most of the rules of confinement after 1 week. The only thing is that I stayed away from the wind &amp; fan..I had the air con on though..set at 26deg.

Letting baby sleep on the front..I only do that when he is sleeping on my chest..he likes that. Otherwise, better be safe than sorry...let baby sleep on his back.

susany: hiak hiak... i broke all confinement rules... after 1-2 weeks...
happy.gif

aprilpinky: ur bb on total bm? he only poos once a day? not very ideal leh.. maybe u can check with the pd.. anyway.. if he is gaining weight well.. then no worries lor..

Good morning,

Naughty, ok one lah..mums r like tt, poos too much, worry, poos too few times also worry..he's gaining wt well. Running out of NB clothes to wear.

nik.. i do let my son slp on his chest in d day at times.. but i always check on him every 5-10mins.. to ensure his safety.. coz like wat susan says.. my boy also noes hw to tilt his head up.. so quite dangerous if i dun monitor..

susan.. i do bath once every 2-3days.. mum uses the herb wif lemongrass for me to bath.. if nt i'll sponge myself wif rice wine.. for fan n wind.. nt direct lor.. i wear pyjamas for whole day.. so basically body well covered up.. hee..

Hullo mummies, just wondering if any of you are experiencing this and how you are coping with it: my baby boy is two and a half weeks old and has marathon feeding sessions! He will feed from one breast and then seemingly drift off to sleep. I put him down in his cot and go on to do my own things. Within 5-20 minutes, he will scream and cry. I go in, do the necessary checks (diaper, temperature, burping etc) and if none of these are the problem, I latch him on the other side. This can go on for 3-5 hours each day! I've tried walking and rocking him to pacify him and soothe him to sleep, but nothing works. So I end up doing the breast to breast tango and can't do anything else at all! The short breaks (5-20 minutes) in between are enough only for me to dash to the loo and brab a drink before the next scream. It's really exhausting! Is anyone facing this as well? What do you do? Any suggestions? Thank you!

Youpi, I'm having the same problem as you with my GyAnn, I need suggestion too .. my GyAnn also refuse to sleep long and crying for feeding is way too frequent.

Cel/Chinlee/Adel, u not bad hoh, very 'kuai' in following the confinement tradition hoh .. i wanted too but then broke the rule as soon as i came back from the hospital, ha ha ha .. I've been wearing short sleeve button front blouse with short pants at home, have 2 direct fans on me, when I'm having my Malay massage, I have herbal bath everyday, or else every alternate day.

Cel, u mentioned sponging with rice wine, won't feel sticky meh?

My gal poo-poo also getting less frequent nowadays but I'm sure this is normal.

Chinlee, what's the best time to submit the application? So, it's better for BB to be present on submission day. Will BB get an identification card or just the yellow card? How much have you paid? When is the collection after submission of application forms? Sorry for asking too many Qs, need to gather info from you ..

dili, dnot know lei.. we shall report everyday to see who stil around.hehehe...

nik, hope u get a suitable maid. the most important is tat she got to suit u n bbs not ur hb n in-law...... my filipino maid here on fri liao, so far so good. dont need to teach her cos she experience n taken care b4 newborn bb. her english also very good, from university somemore. only she got to do our style cos hb very picky on ironing, cleaniness etc.... no fingerprints on the glass n windows!

Aiyoh, all of you very good girls ah. I bathe everyday since day one and wash my hair about one every 3-4 days. Fan is on all the time and I wear shorts and sleeveless tops all day long. Night time on air-con.

Celebrated my son's full month yesterday and Neo Garden's food is really pretty good.

Confirmed picking up my maid on Wednesday. Keeping fingers crossed that she's ok.

youpi.. my son have the same problem, but only at nite.. whh leave me almost slpless.. so i'm also trying to find a solution to it..

Susan.. i try as hard to follow lah.. coz its for my own gdness mah.. use rice wine to sponge won't b sticky lah.. if u afraid sticky, put on powder every time after u sponge urself lor.. dat's wat i do.. den i'll feel refreshing.. thereafter, if i still feel sticky.. i'll always juz put more powder.. dat's all..

Kelly- so did u get the maid from that agency finally? Good luck..really getting a good maid / helper has a lot to do with luck.
happy.gif

Ladies..We are celebrating Darion's full month a bit later..a week after his full month, to be exact...due to some chinese tradition on my PIL side, they said full month shld be celebrated on baby's 40th day...hmm..Anyway, also using Neo Garden..any recommendations on the must-have dishes that u have tried and are good?

Has anyone brought their babies for the injections? Wondering whether to take the 5-in-1 or 6-in-1...

SusanY - to answer your questions..based on what I went through last week:-

what's the best time to submit the application?
- Think it is better to go early in the morning beginning of the week. Do not go on Sat! Office hours start at 8am.

So, it's better for BB to be present on submission day.
- It is compulsory for baby to be present upon submissin. The offier will need to "sight" the baby..and say that she / he has seen the baby. Remember to bring along baby birth cert..plus all the other docs required as explained in the explanatory notes.

Will BB get an identification card or just the yellow card?
Baby will get an entry and re-entry permit stamped onto his passport. And a separate re-entry permit certificate. IC - only when baby turns 12.

How much have you paid?
Paid S$100 for the entry permit..and S$50 for the re-entry permit for 5 years.

When is the collection after submission of application forms?
3 working days later. Either parents must collect..no need to bring baby. Takes avg 2 hours.

I applied brandy (as instructed by my mum) on my scalp once after washing hair..could not stand it...reeked of alcohol whole day long..did not do it again after that.
happy.gif

Youpi, I think u need to get ur boy awake to finish wat he's supposed to finish. Hubby will exercise boy's hands and legs gently to get him awake again to finish his milk or else we hv to keep the milk warm and he will wake up 1 hr later or less to finish it. Bo bian.

I havent washed my hair since delivery..hahaha..kept on asking my hubby do I smell rotten? I use the dry shampoo. Quite good. It absorbs the oil and dirt. It's just that need to brush v thoroughly. I also use ginger and rice wine to sponge wash daily. Actually smells quite nice leh..no direct fan for me also. Trying to cut down on air-con. Power bills getting real high! with all the sterilising, boiling, cooking etc.

Chinlee, mum said full mth cannot celebrate later but can be earlier? Hmm..maybe different ppl different practice. Brandy is to aid hair growth leh..have been taking a lot recently in my meals..never take so much wine and ginger in my whole life.

nik

I read that letting babies sleep on their chest increases the chance of Sudden Death Syndrome.

So i suppose if u want, do it in the day when u can watch over them and only for a short while each time.

nik/ sexxy/ kelly,
hi all, im from dec mum thread. read that u ladies have just hired new maids? can i check how long do e maids take to arrive here after we confirm with agency?

did ur maids come before/ after delivery/ confinement? mine will probably come during my confinement n i wonder if its better if she comes after that. it is stressful to train maid while doing confinement at the same time??

or better if CL can train maid on infant care? such a dilemma!

Chin,

Chocolate eclaire is a must have!!! It was absolutely delicious. I heard full month also cannot celebrate later but only can earlier leh. That's why my boi's full month also celebrated a few days earlier.

I got my maid from Budget Maids cos I liked their service and me and hubby both liked one of the maid's bio-data and picture we saw there.

I confirmed my maid on the 17th November and I will be collecting her from the agency on the 30th November. so for my case, took less than 2 weeks. But make sure you have all necessary documentation and attend the online course prior to cut back on time wasted. Also choose those maids with existing passports so no further delay waiting for them to get their passports issued.

I have finished my confinement liao by the way. Might be good to have the maid around during confinement becos you can do with an extra pair of hands and yes, your mum or CL can probably teach her how to take care of infant.

Good morning ladies...

Abt celebrating full moon early / late..I also dun know leh..what my PIL told me is that in tradtional China, full moon is considered 40 days..so technically not late. Just that they count differently..well.. different folks, different strokes.

I quite bo-chap all these tradition leh.. cos everyone tells me different.

Back