(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

straycats: tts alright.. u can get the yao lan at kiddy palace.. the sarong stand itself cost about 50plus if i am not wrong.. and the expensive item is the motor itself.. costs about 150bucks.. but believe me.. if u do intend to put bb into the yao lan.. make sure u get the motor.. if not u will curse and swear.. having to sit near the yao lan.. and making sure tt it rocks! haha.

Hi All

Oppss...I think I am going to have a hard time rocking cause didnt think of that. I just bought the yao lan.
sad.gif

one question: does your baby refuse to sleep at certain hours and wants you to be carried in the arms and once you put him down in the cot, he started crying. Had a hard time coaxing him to sleep last night from 8pm to 2.30am! Any suggestions? like keep him awake in the day so that he will be tired by evening?

Good afternoon ladies,

Celtricia,

I put my EBM in the lower compartment of my fridge (not freezer). Can last for 48 hrs. Will use marker to write the date and time on the glass bottles given by TMC. I usually take the midway time..haha..not much diff lah..cuz usually consumed within 48 hrs and expressing time is within 1 hr or shorter..cannot mix. Each expression has to be stored in different bottles. If stored in freezer, can be 2 mths..for the 6-mth storage I think must use deep freezer or someth like tt..

Naughty and Susan?? Wat happened? Cheer up. Being a new mum has ups and downs I guess..

My bb ok w yao lan leh..if he wants it usu rock for less than 15 min will do. If he's cranky, put down immediately cry non-stop and u knw he doesnt want to be inside...

hi june..

my boi refuse to sleep in morning after his bath and night time..he would cry like kitten (my sis fren say one) and wan u to carry him..wat to do? i carry him and speak to him till he tired lor.. a fren suggest yao lan to rock him to sleep..

going to get that soon cos my arms very tired liao..

Susany,
Not sure if I remember wrongly, I recalled that you started a thread to share how to register Malaysian babys with M'sia high comm, and apply for SG PR right?

Can you PM me the link?

I bought my yao-lan plus the sarong for about $40, the motor is around $150 but I didn't get one as I don't 'cradle' all the time.

Aprilpinky, the PD consultation in MtE/Glen E is between $80-100 .. wah, really expensive ler ..

Venus, i was having such problem, that's why my mom eager to get one and now at least the problem solved a bit, I'd just put her into the sarong, without rocking and she can sleep by herself but still wake up automatically when come to feeding time.

Aprilpinky,

thankz for the info.. will take note of not mixing.. though very tempted to at times since sometimes the total amt is not sufficient for my boy.. so haf to use another bottle but he can't finish all.. so haf to waste n throw it away..

Celtricia,

U can use a new feeding bottle and pour some from the 2nd storage bottle for ur boy and put the rest back to fridge so that wont waste (if first feeding bottle finished already?) That's what i do and I try to fill up to 80 ml/bottle to suit his feeding needs.

Susan..TMC's charges still reasonable huh..but still ex lah..many ppl..xia si ren..esp Monday.

Thanks for all the well wishes...

I need your help... my boy got alot of 'eye shit' everytime aft he wakes up... dunno izit due to milk powder or lack of water but definitely heaty la!

His poo and urine quite regular leh... hmm

Susan,
Thanks for the PM..you mentioned that registration at M'sia high comm can be done within 1 yr..how about registration for SG PR? Does it need to be done within 42 days? Hubby read it some where, that need to be done within 42 days cos if not bb will be illegal immigrant..

Does the queue for baby at M'sia high comm very long? Worry if baby needs feed, he cry very loud..hehe..

Hi all, Juz brought my gal to the PD. Indeed,she got colic. Will give her the medicine later at 6pm to prevent the 7pm colic 'attack'.

My gal is 3.4kg now. She put on 1.3kg in less than 6 weeks. So happy to see them putting on weight. But they have not had any jabs yet.

I would like to sell away my medela single pump. Bought it in TMC in Oct. Anyone interested??

Yvonne,
Try giving some water between feeds..just give a bit will do <1oz is ok. My bb also have eye shit, probaly due to the heaty confinement food I eat..so MIL decided to give him some water, Things improved after giving him some water.

Hi, Just like to say that my baby girl arrived on 25 Nov. She's 3.33kg and my labour was a long and difficult one. =(

Very very tired now, body's so weak and still got to take care of baby, how did you gals cope and yet remain cheerful?

<font color="0000ff">as @ 1-Dec-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>22/11/05</TD><TD>41</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dili Mum</TD><TD>24/11/05</TD><TD>41</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Alyssa</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD>03/12/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>04/12/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD>07/12/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Moonbell</TD><TD>11/12/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>22/12/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>24/12/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<font color="119911">Baby Kaden left us on 27-Jul-05 with a smile on his face. Let's have him in our hearts and keep him in our prayers. May he be happy and safe in the other kingdom. We're all with you, Coral</font>

legend
<font color="0000ff">ESH - Eastshore Hospital, MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, RH - Raffles Hospital, SGH - Singapore General Hospital, TMC - Thomson Medical Centre</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Popped on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD>Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Clee</TD><TD>14/10/05</TD><TD>01/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Manuka</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.9kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venus</TD><TD>15/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font></TD><TD>2.77kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Naughty</TD><TD>19/10/05</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brent Chng</font></TD><TD>2.4kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nik</TD><TD>21/10/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gareth</font> &amp; <font color="ff0000">Gillian</font></TD><TD>2.1kg &amp; 1.8kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Veil</TD><TD>26/10/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.04kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Morraine</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>18/10/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD>2.99kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sandy Lian</TD><TD>28/10/05</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Lucia Tan</font></TD><TD>3.36kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Woofy</TD><TD>29/10/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Nicholas</font></TD><TD>3.1kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>31/10/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.73kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chin</TD><TD>02/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darion</font></TD><TD>3.85kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Priscilla</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>17/12/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jadon</font></TD><TD>1.36kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charlynn</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ju</TD><TD>05/11/05</TD><TD>20/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Malcolm Wong</font></TD><TD>3.22kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Phoebe</font></TD><TD>3.16kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Misch</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>06/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Girl</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.32kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sibelle</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.72kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Amber</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Thaddeus Ting</font></TD><TD>3.42kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Youpi</TD><TD>08/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.37kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanY</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>03/11/05</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Chia GyAnn</font></TD><TD>3.395kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aprilpinky</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ziyu</font></TD><TD>2.93kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emm</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Lucius Teng</font></TD><TD>4.075kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nmum</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurblur</TD><TD>? 09/11/05</TD><TD>09/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Batilda Tan</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celtricia</TD><TD>10/11/05</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Orlando Lee</font></TD><TD>3.4kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jackie&amp;Jillie</TD><TD>11/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.85kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTC2nd</TD><TD>12/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YP Lee</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Qizhi</font></TD><TD>3.44kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>07/11/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Maxene</font></TD><TD>2.91kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>16/11/05</TD><TD>21/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aloysius</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Calbee</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ting Li</font></TD><TD>3.49kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>April</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>27/11/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheyenne Tan</font></TD><TD>2.725kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Fat</TD><TD>18/11/05</TD><TD>29/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hiroshi Yoon</font></TD><TD>2.895kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jeddie</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chris</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>10/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">2 Girls</font></TD><TD>2.6kg &amp; 2.24kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>19/11/05</TD><TD>27/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2.665kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluelips</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>13/11/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Furryfurry</TD><TD>23/11/05</TD><TD>14/11/05</TD><TD>(overseas)</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rebecca</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD>25/11/05</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jayden</font></TD><TD>2.8kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meixue</TD><TD>25/11/05</TD><TD>30/11/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.33kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sexxy</TD><TD>28/11/05</TD><TD>12/12/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.58kg </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

congrats meixue!!

cheerful..i dun think i am cos confinement mth, a lot of restrictions and having problems on breastfeeding.. had fa pi chi on my mum and hubby several times..

although now less problems on breastfeeding,but trying to find ways and means to increase milk supply.. other than that,i had my family help..

Congrats Meixue!

I must be officially the last Nov MTB left!

I'm going for induction tmr... wish me luck! I'm going out now to enjoy my last non-confinement food dinner! haa...

<font color="ff0000">Any popping updates... please PM me cos I don't think I'll be able to catch up on all the posts when I'm back.</font>

Catch ya all later girls!

meixue: congrats!!

Dili: Good Luck!! Looking forward to hear your birth story....

Nik:Good JOB!! i am sure it is a pure joy seeing them grow bigger.... I am still waiting for hiroshi to grow fatter to fit in most of his clothes....

All:
Sigh... thanks for the nappy rash cream recomendation... I change the brand of diapper that i was using...continue on with the same old nappy rash cream... (coz i still got 2 more new ones, given by some relatives....) situation slightly improved...

Hiroshi is 12days old by now... on 60ml of EBM... BUT, today he only pang sai once.... (?!?!) dunno if it is normal leh.... quite worried.... he also start having pimples like spots around his eyes.... is that normal as well? any remedy??

Meixue, I think my labor was a long one too, 35 hours with 24 hours mild contraction at home and 11 hours in the labor room.

Oh Chinlee, thanks for the info about the process in registering with ICA.

Aprilpinky, heard of Kidlink? The consultation fee is cheaper.

Weoseek, I'll be going to register my gal with M'sia Hi-Comm this Mon. So, I'll get Borang W first, then only apply passport for her. If u're not intending to get your BB a PR, so you can get the Borang W within 1 year after birth under the M'sia law. But then since u're getting a PR for BB, then you need to speed up the process of getting the Borang W &amp; passport with M'sia Hi-Comm as ICA only grant BB 42 days free stay in SG.

Dili, all the best and wishing you for a short smooth labor.

Yvonne, my gal also having such discharge from the eye, PD said it's normal woh. Didn't know that it's caused by mummy having heaty confinement food.

Hello all,

Congrats Meixue. Ur bb will make u happy! Of cuz the thot of not being able to bathe (and a lot of other cannots) is enuff to make any1 pek chek..hiaks.. Family support is impt also. Try not to carry bb too much initially until u r strong enuff. Let the rest like ur mum, MIL or hubby help u
happy.gif

Susan, it's ok. I quite like Dr Ong.

Eloz ladies..

Congrats Meixue! Hmmm.. like wat Aprilpinky says.. Ur bb is enuff to make u happy.. dat's wat keep me going as well.. Of coz the help n support frm ur family members is also impt.. Nid to let out some frustrations, juz come in here, we'll b gd story readers..
wink.gif
However, i muz say, i find my confinement quite easy to go by.. Tink muz b gd support frm hubby n mum bah.. n frm relatives as well!

Heya Dili.. All the best ah! Haf a smooth delivery!
happy.gif

Aprilpinky, ur son now takes only 80ml ah.. mine takes abt 100ml nw.. sometimes not enuff for him also.. aiyoz.. dat's y nid to top up.. heh.. takes for the guidance..

cel, wow ur son takes so much. Mine is abt 80ml per 2 hrly. If can let him take 100ml I think he will sleep for 3 hrs..actually better still. Sometimes he can drink up to 100ml and sleep longer but seldom. As I said, top up in another bottle. Dont mix.

Congrats, Meixue!

SusanY - my son had some discharge from his eyes too. Went away on its own. I have some info from the PD - it is normal for newborns...nothing to do heaty food lah..just wondering..if we eat chocolates (heaty), will it affect baby??
happy.gif
I ate quite a lot yest leh...

Hi morning gals,
sorry to intrude here.. keke

hi meixue
congrats
happy.gif
Take care n rest well..

allo naughty... morning

Ah Fat, ya, finally my gal doesn't look small in most newborn clothes.

Congratulations Meixue...

Dili, Wish u have a smooth and short delivery.

My boy still have lots of eye wax. Even till now. My gal dun have lei... Last nite got a terrible nite, my gal refused to sleep, keeps on crying crying. She doesn't have the 7pm attack, but i suspect she got the middle of the nite attack. Hb insist of giving her the medicine last nite, she slept soon after. Maybe the wind is making her awake. My boy got the habit of me patting him to sleep every nite now. He refused my hb. Today, i'm going to break his habit. Hb going to be heart-broken. Cos he can't stand bb's crying.

alamak aprilpinky, cannot mix EBM ah? i always mix leh.. if not, so many bottles in the fridge... :p

By the way mummies, any recommendation to treat milk rash?

Aprilpinky, yes he takes ard 100ml.. ytd nite, he took 120ml of FM! but no matter hw much more the amt he drank, his feed is always 2hrs interval.. only at times he will slp thru it..

Regarding abt eye wax, my son also haf.. n its only on his left eye.. PD says its ok n will go off after some time, he say its due to the tears stuck at the eye duct.. dat's y.. he juz advise us to clear it off using cool boiled water..

Hi Venus, Guess the yao lan will help a lot. But I am trying not to give him that yet. Hopefully, boy will continue to remain kuai kuai....

Meixue, Congrats!
Dili, wish you have a smooth delivery and hope to hear your birth story soon.

SusanY, I am thinking of sending baby to Kidslink at Jurong East. Are you going to that branch as well? Cause my PD at MT E is too far. what's the consultation fees like? Are you seeing Dr Heng Joo Teck? BB is due for Hap B 2nd dose next week.

Manuka,

Yes, cannot mix..or else how u know which part of the milk belongs to wat timing
happy.gif
I also got a lot of bottles..got to go beg for some more when I go back to TMC for bb's jab 2 weeks later..some of my milk going to exceed 48 hrs liao..sigh..maybe will consider deep freezing them.

Hi Aprilpinky, are you full breastfeeding your baby? Do you latch your baby on? How come all of you seems to have so much EBM? how much do you express per time? Still got storage and uncomsumed EBM?

I will usually latch baby in the day and tries to pump at night but the most I get 70mil per time, that's all. then got to wait for another round of pumping.

Chinlee, chocolate contains caffeine leh, eat everything in moderately should be OK.

Emm, I went to the Kidslink at Bedok .. yeah, they have few branches. 1st consultation charge is at $40, subsequent visit would be at $30. Bcoz they're not under my company's panel, so I will not be seeing Kidslink anymore, eventhough it's just walking distance from my house. Maybe I'll try Singapore BB &amp; Children Clinic @ Ang Mo Kio. U may call Dr HengJT's clinic @ 65675600 &amp; ask about the consultation charge before u go down.

Manuka, there's another Kidslink branch at Sengkang. Tel : 63884466

I'm also wondering how come some of you can have so much of EBM, for me, the most is only at 60ml and I do take papaya fish soup. I latch on BB day &amp; nite.

Dili, wish u a smooth and fast delivery!!! U waited very long for this big moment ya... hee hee! Time for baby to see this world!!!

Take care &amp; Cheers!

Just wanna check with u gals hw many 'ml" of milk do u gals expressed out for the 1st time? Mine is abt 40ml for the 1st time cos usually i try let bb latch on to stimulate oso dunno hw much he take...?

Yup regarding e eye wax... I called my PD clinic and e nurse told me is not e milk powder (my bb drinking Enfalac). Most prob is lack of H2O must force him to at least drink a little every now &amp; then! Also wipe it with cool boiled water everytime...

my bb got eye wax too! I always used cold boiled water to clean it in the morning. It is a routine.

Manuka,
My bb also got milk rash. it is caused by breasfeeding or not properly clean his/her mouth after feeds. So now after feeding, I used a cloth to clean his mouth with warm boiled water. Do remember to clean his/her gum too. Got milk stain on tongue. I got a cream from PD to apply on the rash. Very effective. Only applied twice then I stopped.

sigh, my bb's nose always got mucous. Need to clean his nose very often with cotton bud. Anyone got better suggestion how to clean bb's nose? my bb always move around when I try to stuck the bud into her nose.

Yest, my bb also started to have dark circles!! think no quality sleep cos she always make noises i.e maybe dreaming when she sleeps. But I also notice got blue black around the nostrils and above the lip area. I suspect it is very bad nose congestion cos she vomitted her feed yesterday. Anyone can advise?

i just went to "the Kids' Clinic" today. rivervale mall #01-02A Dr Alison Tan....
Ecellant enviroment and Doc. is really really PATIENT!!

i was trying to upload some pictures....
But system tells me picture too big!! sigh!!

yvonne: when i 1st pump also only 40ml....
got this information frm the PD...
roughly the amount of milk your baby need.... (breast feeding)

150ml * per kg (weight of child)
that is the amount needed to feed him for the whole day....

/ by the frequency of feed (exp: 8 times a day)
this determins the amount at each feed.

Hope it helps...

Hello Ladies..

YP Lee..please do not clean the baby's nostrils w cotton bud..could be dangerous if baby moves, and may even push the dirt further in. At TMC, they taught us to roll the cotton wool into a pointy end, wet it slightly, and lightly insert into the baby's nostrils.

Hi girls, finally i have another break from my baby. :p

Yvonne: Same day same hospital! Which suite were u in? Mine's 3A, i was there from 720am till after midnight the next day..

Dili_mummy: Today's the big day! All the best!

Here's my labour story:

645am: Sleeping and woke up by a warm gush of water. Realised waterbag burst.

720am: Reached Mt Alvernia. Water keeps gushing out. Only 1.5cm dilated. No contractions felt at all.

10am: Gynae came. No change in dilation. Put on Syntocinon drip to hasten dilation. Still didnt feel any contractions.

4pm: Contractions still very weak, just like menstrual cramps, barely painful at all. Only 2cm dilated (progressed only 0.5cm in 6 hours!) Midwife told me will be a long labour, so advised epidural. I agreed and went on epidural.

630pm: Only 4cm dilated. Gynae said to give me 4 more hours to dilate, or else might have to undergo C-section. =(

930pm: Finally 7cm dilated! Don't need to go for c-section. But suffering from horrible side-effects of epidural (shivering non-stop, nausea, and developed high fever of 39.3, felt almost unconscious)

11pm: practised pushing (so hard to push even with epidural, wonder how the moms without epidural managed it). Pushed a few times and surprisingly, my girl was out quite soon!

Post-birth: I was still shivering non-stop, puked a few times, and still having high fever, so I couldn't really appreciate seeing my baby and couldn't breastfeed immdediately. The worse was that I lost control of my bladder for 3 days after that! I couldn't pass urine and had to be put on urine bag. So i stayed in hospital for 5 days, 4 nights (very long for a natural dleivery).

But you girls are right, seeing my baby makes it seem more worthwhile. =)

Breastfeeding: After latching baby on and she seems satisfied after one breast, do we pump out the remaining milk and milk from the other breast? What do we do with this EBM if i intend to latch on fully? Will expressing the milk decrease the milk supply for my baby if she wants to feed, say, 1 hour later?

Sorry if my qns a bit silly, cuz I really dunno much about breastfeeding..:p

dear all,

Meixue, take care. I didnt really suffer fr any side effects of epidural. My epidural was given at 330 pm..I delivered at 4 plus..only headache for 3 hrs after that..

Must pump out the other breast to incr supply and also to prevent engorgement..it's really no joke.

I guess EBM supply is established fr Day1. I brought my pump to hospital and started to express then. Also asked the nurse to freeze and feed my bb w it when necessary. After that it's like there's always excess then the excess starts to build up..at first 1 bottle, 2 bottles..now 10 bottles!

hi everyone, sorry for mia so long..

finally has access to pc again..normally logged on from office..now at home, pc room occupied by in-laws..must temporarily shift out pc.

i finally delivered after 9 days overdue on the 22nd Nov. Baby Allyson is 2.88kg.

But my labour super super long (for 3 days) ..here's what happened:

Sunday (20/11)
1:30am Start to feel contractions. Went to sleep because not regular.

4:30am Woke up cos contractions more painful. Woke hubby up and he starts timing contractions.

6:00am Went to hospital cos contractions like 5 mins apart. Did all the usual checks and enema, midwife says already 2cm dilated.

Contractions became irregular after going hospital, between 5-15 mins the whole of Sunday..so stayed in the room and monitor..couldn't sleep the whole night cos painful.

Monday (21/11)
12:00pm Contractions starts to be regular, once every 10 mins slowly going down to once every 5 mins. I am still in my own room.

7:00pm Cannot stand already, super painful..go down to labour ward. By now, 4cm dilated. Go through the enema again, then they gave me the entonox gas..damn dizzy when take, so i also minimise using.

Tuesday (22/11)
2:00am Only 5 cm dilated!! After pain at every 5 mins interval for last 6 hours, only dilate 1 cm!! Give up liao..asked for epidural

3:00am Finally administered epidural..phew, finally can sleep a bit..gynae then burst my water bag to see if can speed up contractions.

8:00am Again dilate only 1 cm, now 6cm..my dilation rate like snail only. Doc ordered to add oxytocin to drip to speed up contractions..if still cannot dilate to full, have to go c-section liao..Had slight fewer, so nurse gave panadol also.

11:00am Gynae checked..fully dilated..phew!! so scared have to go c-section after pain for so long.

12:53pm Started pushing 12 something, luckily this part ok, baby finally out not too long after pushing.

After everything is done, side-effects : shivered for about 10-15 mins...and now, my left hand still painful near where they put the drips.

Other than that, am glad the labour part is finally over =)

Good morning ladies!

Quite a cooling nite y'day.

Congrats Bluelips! Hehe..we didnt get to meet in TMC afterall..:p It's brave of u to tahan for 3 days!

Back