(2005/10) Oct 2005 MTB???

Whiteflora

I got rid of my block duct with Mary Chai's hot blanket detox treatment... they covered me with their hot blanket (electric de).. and i sweat thru the whole 20 mins for water retention drainage... after tat i couldnt find my block duct anymore. haha..

syl, can tong...just try not to think abt it loh...though i do feel very irritated at times. it is especially itchy at night...i'll just put my hand inside to scratch it big time...therefore, i have some scars left fm the scratching...

SSL: that's what i thought too, the peristaltic teats really resemble real nipples. i only changed once cos the teats collapsed (stucks tog when baby sucks). recently, i chged frm S to M teats. after frequent use, the teats will turn blur cos it's always wet. if you leave it dry for a day or two, it will become clear again..i think the 4oz btles are of correct size for now. 8oz too big liao.

kuririn: i also sterilise after every use. of course accumulate and not do 1 bottle at a time...

whiteflora: that serious ah? did you try to get your baby to suckle? fortunately, mine has cleared. i was suffering from engorgement yesterday early afternoon. used a cabbage to ease it but was still bad. then my son started crying for milk. i gave him the engorged breast and he cleared it for me. but this was a really painful experience cos the whole breast was already very very sore plus my INJURED nipple. when i came home last night, i gave him the same breast again with a nipple shield. guess what...he sucked until i screamed in pain...pulled out and saw STRAWBERRY milk in the shield. my nipple bled!!! so pain pain...i think i'll not nurse him on my right breast for a couple of days...so scared!

fun: wow...that works? i tried the hot compress method but it didn't work...i believe what Adel said to me liao...BABY IS THE BEST PUMP!!!

BAby Suckle Finger/Fist
i'll try to stop him if i see him doing it loh. i hope this isn't his new habit. it's really hard to kick it...pacifier is easier...

sneaky

the part nearer to the teat head is blur one... so u mean if the teat head blur, better change. i know what u mean by the teat got stuck when bb suck. it happened to my latex teat n thats when i changed them.

my boy drinking 150ml now. 4oz bottle only fits 120ml but i usually squeeze in 150ml
happy.gif
n it will fill nearly to the brim of the bottle. haha... but for fm, i can only use the wide neck ones.

For those mummies who leave your bb with caretaker, do u buy another steriliser? or u use sterilising tablets? is one tablet for per day use? that means we put one tablet in pot, use the water to sterilise the bottles that we use throughout the day? what about breast pump? can soak in water too?

I still steralise the bottles after each use.. of cos like sneaky I accumulate a few and steralise together.. din really bother about my mum's comments.. hehe

talking about wedding dinner.. in fact I have one coming up next tues.. my mum just told me last night.. its a cousin's wedding.. most probably not going cos no one take care of baby and my hubby not willing to bring her to wedding dinner yet.. I got another in Feb.. my best friend's wedding.. will be leaving my girl with the babysitter..

mummies do u encounter that your bb keep crying when you try to feed her milk? I'm having this problem for the past few days... usually happens in the early morning feeds.. duno why leh... she was drinking initially after a few suckle she will start to cry and use her hand to push away the bottle.. is it because she too sleepy to suck?? sigh a 20min feed had now increase to an hour.. feed her until I wide awake..

Fun:
do you slim down after going to the mary chia's treatments??

san: wahahahaha.. u are the same as me.. sometimes i really wonder what are they thinking about.. try this..
wait longer before feeding. spend more time playing when they are awake.. if u delay the feeding time by a bit.. it usually helps... in speeding things up like feeding! or they cry when they are tired.. try feeding a bit.. if they struggle with u.. try to use pacifier and make bb sleep first.. then feed when they are semi awake.. keke..

San,
my ger used to be like dat too...then i realise the teat is too small, n the flow of milk is too slow for her...hmm she's the impatient type...but after i changed a bigger teats, I dun face the same prob anymore.maybe u try?

Clarrisemum,
Is that pic taken in a car seat? Do u let ur bb sit in the car seat at this moment when the neck is not stiff? My ger is alreadi 3 mths old but her neck has no stiffen, I want to let her sit car seat but dunno if it's dangerous to do that or not...any comment or advice?

adel:
this morning struggled with her at 2am plus till 3am plus.. make 100ml of milk for her she only drank 60ml.. in the end I gave up.. cos she fell into deep sleep no matter how u do she just won't suckle.. then hor after that I cannot sleep whereas she sleep so soundly.. argh... actually her prev feed was 10pm plus leh.. she din really awake and cry for milk.. she just make noise only.. then u can see her mouth opening and close like sucking milk like that.. haha so funny.. when I pick her up to feed her she was like half asleep.. no choice have to slowly feed her lor.. when she fuss and cry have to carry and pacify her until she calm down then try again... then the 7am plus feed also like that.. argh.. angry with her..

Fiona:
I tried to change the teats to size 2 but when she sleepy, size 2 teats flow too fast for her she will get choke.. sometimes the size 1 teats she also choke.. sigh... now I got 4 avent bottles 2 with size 1 teats and 2 with size 2 teats...
I already let my girl sit in car seat.. actually clarisse's head is very well cushioned.. mine not that well cushioned.. the car seat was a pass down item from my hubby's cousin.. so far ok lor when she sit in there..

mummies anyone know the difference between avent variable flow teats and normal size teats?

ssl: another way to prevent the collapsing of teats is not to screw the cap too tightly. i don't change it when it's blurred. i think it's still usable. actually, we only change teats if our babies are not satisfied with the teat size (fusses or gets angry during feeding or takes too long to finish) or when it's torn/broken...

i'm so fortunate to have given birth to Samuel darling. so far, he's been quite easy to look after...i hope he stays this way forever
happy.gif

mummies

can i know the difference bet 5in1 and 6in1 jab? I wasnt given an option to choose 5in1 or 6in1 leh.. and i cant remember if brennan is taking 5in1 or 6in1.
sad.gif
seems that the clinic or PD has already decided for me.
sad.gif
help...

He has taken one in his first month and going for his third month jab tomorrow.

Kris/ssl/Tennyson mum/Fiona/San:
My 1st dinner is my siblings wedding so muz bring baby along coz no one can look after for me, even my in laws will be attending. The rest of the dinner also from mothers relativesthe only solution is to leave her with my MIL who has not taken care of babies for ages. I also have friends wedding but that one I can still leave baby wif my mum.

Syl:
U can bring a thermal flask and milk powder container along in case baby needs to drink. I am more concerned if baby poos and theres no nursing room. Or she becomes cranky (at nite esp!) L

San:
My bb cries when shes tired or wans to poopoo. Sometimesjuz bring my bb walkwalk or play a bit then continue feeding works for me.

Ssl:
The difference bet 5in1 and 6in1 jab is that extra jab of hepatitis b found in 6in1. since yr baby has taken the 1st jab at tmc, he can only take 5in1. I believe yr boy has taken 2 jabs of hepatitis b? so the 5in1 does not include hepatitis b and muz be taken separately. Anyone, if I am wrong.do correct me. :p

stiffness in finger joints n kneecaps:
Anyone feel stiffness in your finger joints every morning when u wake up? Its as if it become stiff coz u didnt move the fingers for a while. My kneecap also feel abit painful, now better I only had these after my birth. Is it coz I didnt have a gd confinement and those are wind trapped in my body? So it will worsen when I grow old isit? L any solution?

mybabydream

happy.gif
thanks for your explanation. I managed to check the difference and seems the same as what you have explained to me. ya brennan has taken 2 jabs liao.

will reconfirm with nurse tomorrow.

sneaky

yup, tried to let bb suckle but lump still there.

san

the teat flow for avent teat size 2 is slower than the 'no. 2' on the variable teat. Find the variable teat a bit too fast. Anyway kept them aside since bb seems to be feeding faster on the pigeon teat.

Hi mummies,

been a long time! i haven't posted for a while..

One question - what is the normal bedtime for your babies? is 7pm too early? How many naps do your bb take in the day time and how long is each nap? my babycentre says 3 mth old babies sleep 10 hrs at night and 5 hr of nap in the day time but my bb sleeps for 12 hrs at night and about 3hrs of nap time in the day. Still putting her to bed in the evenings are always a struggle for her.. anyone with similar experience?

Mybabydream,

I've taken my bb to 3 wedding dinners already - one at chijmes, another at hyatt and another at clark quay area . there are no nursing facilities in any of these so be prepared to use toilet or sink tops for changing diapers and bottle feed if u need to. My baby isn't the kind to sleep through so putting her through the wedding dinner was actually not a good idea at all but we had no helper then. She struggled to sleep and yet was awaken everytime the music starts or when the MC speaks.. v torturous!

pammie

brennan sleeps very little at night. usually around 11+ and will wake up at 2-3+ and 5-6+ for 5-10mins feed. and he will wake up around 7am wanting to be put into the sarong and continue sleeping (with me rocking occassionally) till 8+

during the day, he keeps fidgetting also... at most 1/2hr of sleep each time after feed if we didnt rock the sarong. so everytime gotta rock the sarong then he will sleep.

whitefloral:
are u using pigeon's peristaltic teats? which size u using now? maybe I should get that to try since it fits avent bottles..

MBD, you're not alone...i also have stiff joints. it's especially bad on my back. once i bend down, it's quite difficult to stand up straight...

SSL,

must be quite tough for u then.. are u going back to work soon? tammi sleeps at 7pm (sometimes 8pm) until about 2am, then she wakes up but i try to give her water n just 30ml of FM and she goes back to sleep till 7am in the morning. She doesn't demand milk immediately upon waking. she used to nap abt 6 hrs in the day time, counting the time right after shower until evening before her bedtime. Is that excessive sleeping?!

Fiona: i let her sit in the car seat only when she is ok and not fussing. as for the neck n head part, i bought a cushion to place in the car seat to adjust her head and wont let her head move ard.
happy.gif

Sneaky & MBD
wah... so jialat meh??? i onli feel the ach during my pumping... maybe my posture not rite ba..

SSL & San
My package was abt 4K lor.. started my course during my 2rd mth of maternity leave.. My before pregy weight was 52-53kg.. now is already 50.5kg lor.. but i think breastfeeding and controlling diet plays a part too
happy.gif
now i still going to the remaining treatments lor..

Currently still got thin lay of spare tyre when i sit down... hope to tighten the tummy more ;)

Clarissemum

is the cap too big for her? She's not actually fitting into the cap rite?
happy.gif
Clarisse looks very calm and sweet looking.. :D

pammie

i guess i am used to his routine...
happy.gif
me not working, only looking for job after 6mths cos intends to bf till then..

fun

wa doubt i can sign up their package... do u see result after eac session? winder how much is per session.

my pre-preggy weight is 54kg, after delivery 50kg, now about 52kg...

Hi ssl,

My baby Grace takes 6 in 1 at the 1.5 month. She has taken hep B and BCG at TMC. The next jab is at 3 month and 5 month. If your baby has not taken second dose of hep B, you can still decide if you want 5 in 1 or 6 in 1. If you choose 5 in 1, you will need to take second dose of Hep B at 1 month. This is how the GP explains.

354536.gif

<font size="-1"><font face="Courier New"> <font color="0077aa">as @ 03 Jan 06
Mummies <font color="ffffff">........</font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>Pop On<font color="ffffff">.</font> BB's name <font color="ffffff">..</font> Birth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>1 mth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>3 mth<font color="ffffff"></font>
Fun ............ 11-Sep-05 Alden<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.06/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.45/57</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">7.50/65</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Jenifur ........ 18-Sep-05 Janelle<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.81/46</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.90/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">6.40/64</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
ice ............ 19-Sep-05 Angeline<font color="ffffff">...</font>
Gracemum ....... 20-Sep-05 Sabrina<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.53/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.85/53</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">5.38/60</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
QiQi ........... 22-Sep-05 Boy<font color="ffffff">.......</font>
Chris .......... 23-Sep-05 Shaun<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.50/47</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.70/53</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Mayday ......... 23-Sep-05 Tennyson<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.83/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.03/55</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Winnie ......... 23-Sep-05 Girl<font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.95/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.97/53</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Pammie ......... 24-Sep-05 Tammie<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.20/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.84/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
MrsTan ......... 25-Sep-05 Kenshin<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.49/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.06/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">6.20/60</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fiona .......... 28-Sep-05 Genevieve<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">3.21/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.38/53</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">7.10/62</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
inc ............ 29-Sep-05 Boy<font color="ffffff">.......</font>
Mybabydream .... 29-Sep-05 J.<font color="ffffff">.........</font> <font color="0000ff">2.70/47</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.92/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
SSL ............ 29-Sep-05 Brennan<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.15/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.42/54</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Sneaky ......... 30-Sep-05 Samuel<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.80/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.85/54</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fushiastar ..... 04-Oct-05 Zoe<font color="ffffff">........</font> <font color="0000ff">2.38</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Mdl ............ 04-Oct-05 Tricia<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.25/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.80/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Snow ........... 04-Oct-05 Yong Shan<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">2.92/46</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.20/55</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
whitefloral .... 05-Oct-05 Charlize<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">3.50/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.96/58</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Viola .......... 07-Oct-05 Girl<font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.30/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.70/56</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Celine ......... 12-Oct-05 Joshua<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.90/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.31/53</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Ling ........... 12-Oct-05 Clarisse<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.77/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.00/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Amari .......... 13-Oct-05 Darren<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.76/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">5.50/58</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
breakbeats ..... 13-Oct-05 Ethan<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.55/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Garfield ....... 14-Oct-05 Girl<font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.47/45</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.50/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Puea ........... 15-Oct-05 Boy<font color="ffffff">........</font> <font color="0000ff">3.12/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.80/59</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Adel ........... 19-Oct-05 Brent<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.40/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">3.60/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Kris ........... 21-Oct-05 Ember<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.35/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.35/55</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Nuttnuts ....... 21-Oct-05 Ying En<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.68/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.95/60</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Tao_baby ....... 24-Oct-05 Girl<font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.03/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Yippee ......... 24-Oct-05 Kaiser<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.64/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.87/56</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fresia ......... 25-Oct-05 Amos<font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.46/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Sweetie ........ 25-Oct-05 Grace<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.21/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.50/58</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
June06 ......... 28-Oct-05 Kayden<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.44/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.56/55</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Morraine ....... 28-Oct-05 Ashley<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.55/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Kuririn ........ 31-Oct-05 Sherisse<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">3.20/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.50/55</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Dolly .......... 01-Nov-05 Christine<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">3.61/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">4.05/54</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
</font></font></font>
<font face="Calisto mt"> If you would like me to update your Baby's weight &amp; length, please PM me! </font>

354537.gif

hello everyone.. i'm back again..
happy.gif
the thread's sure grown pretty long..

May: Clarrise is in a car seat? I just put zoe in one too.. it's rear facing in the back seat.. any suggestions on how to block out the sun other than the black screens?

Pammie: Zoe sleeps from about 9pm to 7am and will wake up for 2-3 feeds in between.. She also sleeps for about 6 hours in the afternoon..

Sneaky: poor poor you.. your nipple bled? mine did too.. was so very painful

Whitefloral.. hope your duct clears.. i also went ack to see the lactation nurse at NUH.. fortunately she cleared it up for me..

RE: wedding dinners
I have quite a few too.. only went for my bro in laws one.. Think it's to difficult for me to go at this stage.. Now I'm trying to establish a routine for Zoe and when her routine gets disrupted, she gets very grouchy and will keep crying when she can't fall asleep.. So I'd rather give them all a miss..

triangle_right.gif
Just wondering.. have you all calculated how much more baby expense is per month yet? I'm spending mostly on infantcare diapers and milk powder.. comes up to about 700 more right now..

jenifur: if you could update zoe's weight at one month is 3.4kg.. thanks
happy.gif

fushiastar, yah manz...we've both suffered...don't think i'll be nursing directly for a couple of days more...scared leh...

san

yup using the peristaltic nipple but coz mum increased size of teat using a hot needle so unable to tell size. It's bigger than Y teat but smaller than avent variable teat. U can try to do the same, just agar agar poke till there's constant but not too quick flow. do it slowly.

Sneaky: yah.. when mine did, i just pump 3 hourly.. only started latching again when the scab had formed.. started with latch once a day then slowly increase to full latching again..

whitefloral:
wat is the size of the teats before your mum increased it? I'm thinking of getting M size.. but have to see can find it at metro tampines.. cos now dun venture far liao..
sad.gif

<font face="Calisto mt"> I'm late for work on the 1st day of New Year, all thanks to Janelle
sad.gif
She refused to be bottle-feed after being latched for e past few days. She rather go hungry. Jus called home &amp; MIL said Janelle cried for very long then unwilling drink only 30ml since I last fed her @ 1am. Anyone encountered such problem &amp; how u solve it?</font>

sweetie

confirmed with nurse that brennan is having 5in1. no one asked us if we want 5in1 or 6in1 leh
sad.gif
so bad... anyway, its ok since he is taking 5in1.

Jenifur

can u help to update brennan's weight at 3months. 6.56kg and 60.5cm in length.

Clarisse's Mum:
There is a nursing rm opposite the toliet at Giant.(when u exit fr Giant cashier, turn right)

Its like a small cubicle with seating area with diaper changing table, sink &amp; lockable door. But i don like the place cos the diaper table seems dirty. But of cos better than nothing. : )

hi jenifur

tammi was 5.23kg and 59cm at 3 mths.
thanks!
sorry to hear abt your janelle's case.. can u change the teat so it's better for her? in my case, i use music alot to calm tammi, so if she fusses i put on the calming music and she's fine after that.. also i carry her in a position that she feels comfortable in and that helps too. once calmed down, she will start to drink

<font face="Calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">Pammie</font>,

Updated Tammi's weight.

I know teat is not the problem as we've jus change e teat &amp; she was doing ok previously. She only started fuzzing from yesterday night cuz past few days I had latched her instead of bottle-feed. She was like this too when MIL tried to feed her FM. HB said she has settled down &amp; is drinking her milk but does this means tt I cannot latch her too often in future? Then what am I going to do when we are out the whole day?

Anyway what music do you play for Tammi? I'm playing Mozart for Janelle but dun really seem to have calming effect leh.</font>

Jenifur..

I play lullaby CD, mainly christian and soothing music, nothing classical, i dont quite believe in that.

Today was also the first day at work for me. I had only managed 180ml of express milk for her to last all day! imagine.. my BM supply had really dropped, and no amt of fenugreek can help me now. as for latching, I latch Tammi most of the time when I'm at home and sometimes in the car or when we go out to baby friendly places but she's still able to take the bottle. However, every baby is different.. so try to intro bottle more these next few days.

Hi,
Milk making:
Can check how much hot &amp; normal water you add when making a 120ml(4 oz) milk? Currently I'm adding 30ml(1.5oz) hot water and top up the normal water to 120ml. Is this not warm enough?

Steriliser:
When sterilising every feed is how? Eg, I sterilised 3 bottles together and after using 1, left 2 inside the sterilise so I should sterilise the remaining again for the next feed?
Can advise me ... me blur blur on this

tennyson mum:if the sterlised bottle is not used, it can last up to 24 hrs.

jenifur:pls update for my bb at 3mths, 5.9kg, 57cm. tks.

<font face="Calisto mt">Good Morning
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Pammie</font>,

I play lullaby CDs too but it only managed to soothe her for awhile. She's very spoilt now thanks to my MIL...

My BM also dropped eversince I started work. So now I try to xpress at least 3x in office then do tandem pumping when @ hm lor.

<font color="0000ff">All</font>,

Anyone attended baby massage class? Feel like signing up so wld like more feedback</font>

mayday, i will take out all the sterilised bottles and make sure the caps are tightly closed and leave them outside until next use. try not to leave the unused bottles inside the steriliser after you have already opened the lid to take out 1 bottle. this is because you have already exposed the bottles to germs without their covers on...hope you understand what i mean...

Back